BOOM – West Virginia Poll: Donald Trump 61%, Ted Cruz 22%, John Kasich 14%…

And now, in addition to a looming defeat in Indiana, we find the source of the epic Ted Cruz public meltdown today.  A just released PPP poll (full pdf below) of West Virginia voters shows candidate Donald Trump absolutely CRUSHING Senator Cruz and Governor Kasich:

3 candidate West Virginia Poll

In addition to winning EVERY internal sub-set amid the polled West Virginia electorate, Donald Trump also wins independent voters with over 70% support.

As we’ve continually warned, stay out of the ‘splodey head blast radius.  These public GOPe meltdowns will be epic and specifically targeted to take down everyone around them.

(Via PPP Polling)  PPP’s new West Virginia poll finds it’s likely to just keep Donald Trump’s recent streak of dominant victories right on going. Trump leads in the state with 61% to 22% for Ted Cruz and 14% for John Kasich. Trump, with a 67/24 favorability rating, is the only candidate GOP voters in the state even like. Both Kasich (32/50) and Cruz (32/53) come in with negative favorability ratings.

Adding Carly Fiorina to the ticket has done little to help Cruz. Only 12% of voters say picking her as his running mate makes them more likely to vote for Cruz, compared to 31% who say it makes them less likely to vote for Cruz and 54% who say they just don’t care one way or another. Fiorina’s 40/32 favorability rating with Republican primary voters does at least make her more popular than Cruz himself.

Trump is winning every subgroup of the Republican electorate, but a few things stand out. He’s getting 70% among the independents planning to vote in the GOP primary, to 20% for Cruz and just 9% for Kasich. Trump also has by far and away the most committed support- 87% of his voters say they will definitely cast their ballots for him next Tuesday, compared to only 67% of Cruz’s voters and 45% of Kasich’s voters who say the same about their candidates. The race is tighter among ‘very conservative’ voters, with Trump getting 51% to Cruz’s 38% but among both moderates and ‘somewhat conservative’ voters, Trump’s advantage is up over 50 points.  (read more)

Here’s the full poll data:

trump winning 2

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Notorious Liars, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to BOOM – West Virginia Poll: Donald Trump 61%, Ted Cruz 22%, John Kasich 14%…

1. Pentheus says:

• Andy Smith says:

It would be if he actually believed that. Lyin’ Ted is a manipulative ratfink sociopath who pays for research to find out exactly what to say to manipulate his chosen audience. Unfortunately, many of my fellow Christians are gullible enough to believe him when he says God told him to be President, so that is what he says.

• maxx power says:

LOL. Ratfink. Haven’t heard that for a long time.

• Paco Loco says:

It makes you think about why Chritians and many pastors/clergy were so gullible to Cruz’s message?

• nnud says:

They don’t think.

• TimU says:

I’m a Christian missionary in Mexico. In my circles they were/are mostly cruz supporters. The reason is group think. If you want to be part of the group you better think the way the “leaders” think. I’ve always had an independent streak so didn’t join them although I received much ridicule. As a Christian I am voting for Trump because I believe if we don’t get a hold of immigration the population/electoral college will make it impossible to get any “Christian” issues passed ever again. IE: Ten commandments, LGBT issues are for the most part lost. Next will be freedom of religion unless it is the “approved” kind. I bought a hat but haven’t the courage to wear it outside yet. I haven’t put up a yard sign, etc for fear of vandalism. I had a Tea Party Bumper sticker before and had my window smashed. I guess it’s a small price to pay for freedom, but I’m still reluctant.

• sundance says:

What you are describing is Marxism.

• Pentheus says:

Legalistic Pharisees (many of whom have been making lots of money off of the system) hate Trump. Evangelicals, myself included, love him.

Unfortunately, in many circles the Left has influenced “the Church” much more than “the Church” has influenced the Left. I pray that Trump continues to reverse the trend.

• Jett Black says:

Bein’ a little hard on Rat Finks, aren’t you?

• Jett Black says:

Didn’t occur to me initially, but these guys may know more than usual about Rat Finks, b/c they’re Canadian–though honestly so, not like the Cubanadifraudian.

• nimrodman says:

Nice one, Jett. Also of interest to Rat Fink devotees is the hour and 14 documentary:

Tales Of The Rat Fink – Ed Roth Documentary

It’s on youtube now but I’ve given it as a gift on DVD to a hotrod-building buddy. Great retrospective on hotrod culture and Big Daddy’s art career.

• nimrodman says:

oops, I shoulda quoted that link, I didn’t really mean to insert the entire video here in case it kills bandwidth and load time for the page. mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

• mazziflol says:

This will shatter Glenn Beck more then Raphael.

2. yy4u says:

My West Virginia friends call WVA West By God Virginia 🙂

3. mickie says:

Sundance, thank you for these big, fat, beautiful numbers!!

4. rumpole2 says:

Trump is home free 🙂

🎵 Country roads, take me home to the place I belong.
    West Virginia, mountain mamma, take me home, country roads.
    🎵

5. anniesezso says:

More good news, Hallelujah!

6. Pam says:

Those numbers are mind blowing folks. Wow!

7. Pam says:

8. Lea says:

May be schizophrenia?

9. tz says:

Trump’s ceiling again?

10. Pam says:

• JoJo says:

I noticed just yesterday in Mr. Trump’s visit to the diner that Corey definitely has his mojo back! So happy for him!!

11. grlangworth says:

West Virginia, mountain mama.

Goodness gracious.

Let’s pour it on and wash out all that dirty water.

…Farewell to Hillary and Bill.

America is coming back.

12. That sound you hear is the squeeling of a drowning rat circling the storm drain … buh buh Rato !!! 😎

13. TwoLaine says:

WINNING! We Love WINNING!

NOT tired of it yet!!!!!!!! MORE!

14. NJF says:

Boom is right.

15. Kathy says:

What does it matter if the republican rulers turn the delegates into Cruz delegates as in Virginia, Arizona,Louisians, Tennessee, and the list grows longer. Do not we the people pay for these primaries not the Republican Party. When we vote is there a warning label that your vote does not count unless the republican elite is satisfied ? What are the rules of engagement?

• bar-revue says:

Actually in Tennessee the parties do have to pay in order to have their primaries conducted by the county election commissions.

• JoJo says:

Good for Tennessee. It is galling when the Ds and Rs say, “We’re a private entity, and can run the primary any way we want.” Then, go to the taxpayers to support their selection process.

• shallbe4 says:

Something tells me that the Cruz delegates thing is over. He was an embarrassment to the GOP and it wouldn’t surprise me if they told him to drop out.

16. MOMENTUM. There is no stopping the Trump Train!

• kinthenorthwest says:

Guess what time it is.
      Its time for the Trump Train..
      Get on board. I did in Oregon. VOTED For Trump-Yesterday.

• LAVERNE says:

I HAVE BEEN ON BOARD SINCE JUNE 16, 2015 AND WE ARE GOING TO TAKE ANOTHER GROUP OF PASSENGERS FROM INDIANA! THEN ON THE WEST VIRGINIA AND NEBRAKSA

• JoJo says:

Me, too! I put my ballot in the mail yesterday after agonizing over the down ballot choices. The race for Gov on R ticket is similar to what we just have gone through for the natl ticket. Elite Portland choice; central Will Valley Christian choice (I’m beginning to think I’m going to need “quotes” for the word Christian if this keeps up; So. Oreg / Lane Co sensible choice with no name recognition or support, and a fourth no-name candidate. sigh
        The three candidates for US House Dist 1 did not even bother to submit Voters Pamphlet statements! Rs seem to be completely cowed by the major Dem majorities in most of this benighted state.

• kinthenorthwest says:

I hate to admit it But I can’t remember some of the ones I voted for.
          On the governor one I researched but then just went enie minie mighy moe. LOL

17. kinthenorthwest says:

Cruz and Beck both belong in straight jackets. Cruz blew up his Conservative Christian platform at the very beginning of the primary. You don’t run on a Conservative Christian Campaign platform and then cheat and lie as Cruz has.

18. NHVoter says:

This is an epic poll. Let’s keep it up Team Trump!

19. The fact that the pollsters are being honest and not gaslighting anymore is a sign that the worm has turned. Trump will be the nominee and the resistance to him has largely evaporated.

20. JoeS says:

This is great news from PPP that confirms the early results that they have been leaking on Twitter the last few days. I would expect this number to grow after the expected Indiana win tonight.

As we all know, the West Virginia’s primary is a week from today on May 10, and 34 delegates are available. Nebraska votes on May 10th also, and 36 delegates are available in that winner-take all race.

I think the pundit’s conventional wisdom is going to be dealt another serious blow in Nebraska, and Trump will win that state too (despite that NASTY Ben Sasse). Cruz is in free fall now, and his campaign will collapse more with every loss.

I hope that he has the dignity to drop out. I hope that he helps unite the R vote to Trump.

Trump could be at 1130 delegates on May 10. With New Jersey (51 delegates) voting on June 7th, which will likely be a bigger margin for Trump than NY and the April 26th states, Trump will have 1180 “in the bag” with CA, OR WA, MT, NM, and SD still to vote!!!!!!!!!

He did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump 2016!!!!!!!!

21. lastConservinIllinois? says:

Met a very nice lady while checking into my hotel room in northeast Florida yesterday.
    She had the tv on FOX news and we started talking about Donald Trump.

She was taken aback at what the media is doing by portraying the illegal lawbreakers as ‘protestors’, as well as by the way Donald Trump is portrayed as a racist for simply telling the truth.

She was not aware of The Conservative Tree house.

She is now.

22. stringy theory says:

Looks like Lyin’ Ted is being rouTED every place he turns. His meltdown today and Uncle Becky’s lunatic rantings have finished off this fake christian. Good riddance.

The GOP had better take notice or these rest of their sorry party save a handful of good people like Senator Session will be headed for the showers in November.

23. bar-revue says:

Both of my parents are from West Virginia. My sister and many other family members live there now. She says it will not be close. When I was talking to her the other day, she actually convinced herself to vote for Trump when she originally supported Kasich. West Virginians are very strong and proud people. All of my relatives are hunters, so I hope Don Jr. can make some appearances and assure them that their 2nd amendment rights will be protected.

24. labrat says:

It’s times like this I really wish I had a video montage of all the pundits declaring “Trump won’t be the nominee” so I could shove it in their faces!

• mariner says:

He’s not the nominee yet, so that could be self-defeating, just as their early gloating was.

• Patrumpsupporter says:

YES! Someone needs to do this. Every time I hear that phrase it’s like fingernails on a blackboard. He’s way ahead, but “he’s not going to be the nominee”. Per some high fallutin talking head know it all. Let’s take the moment to remind them they’re idiots! And btw can someone put George Will on suicide watch with Beck? He does not look good. What a tool. Vote for Hillary. What a maroon.

• Joe says:

Can’t stump the Trump will probably have it. If you didn’t know, that is a YouTube channel that has been documenting the Donald greatest hits.

25. Sentient says:

Nebraska will be the icing on the cake. If Trump carries NE a week from today – along with WV (and IN today), it’ll be indisputably impossible to stop him. Of course, Cruz would hang in on the hopes of carrying all of CA’s 172 delegates.

26. kinthenorthwest says:
  27. formwiz says:

Love to see some numbers for Nebraska.

If Cruz is sinking there, he’s probably sinking in the rest of the plains and mountains.

28. bar-revue says:

I wonder how long it will be before they find or commission some bogus poll that shows Cruz winning by 20 points?

29. Bull Durham says:

This was before the news featuring Hillary and the laid off coal miner.
    I’d say WV will go for Trump around 75%.

People will see their children starving soon if Hillary wins.

Coal will begin again one hour after Trump is sworn in. JOBS!

30. Bull Durham says:

Ed Rollins has joined a Super Pac for Trump. Wants to help him win.

31. Swampfox says:

I’m predicting this will be Trump’s best state. West Virginia has been voting Republican in presidential elections in recent years, even though the GOP’s economic policies have not been favorable for the state. Now West Virginians finally have a Republican candidate who is an economic nationalist.

• JoJo says:

Mr. Trump is SO right about BILATERAL trade treaties – US with one country at a time. This is how Switzerland does it. You know, Switzerland? The Israel of Europe? (My meme – nobody else says this, but it is how I look at these countries.)

32. Martin says:

I’m kind of more interested in the polling out of Nebraska for next week.

33. ZurichMike says:

“stay out of the ‘splodey head blast radius”.
    Snort. Giggle. LMAO.

34. mazziflol says:

“…we find the source of the epic Ted Cruz public meltdown today.”

Is there a video of this, Im curious to see another meltdown.

• nimrodman says:

Just do a google search for “cruz meltdown” – you’ll get a bunch of links for the one today/yesterday and also links for one April 19th or 21st or something.

That’s what I did.

35. Spychiatrist says:

I’m a native of the Mountain State myself.

My beloved mountain people have fallen on hard times once again with the demise of the coal industry here. We are a proud people and contrary to the negative stereotypes that Hollywood likes to heap upon us, we will not be denied!

TRUMP!

36. TheLastConservative says:

Wait. What epic meltdown? What did I miss?? 😀

37. AllOrNothing! says:

Yeeeehhhaaaaaaawww! Any closer to that “ceiling” Trump will need a helmet! HAHA…MAGA!

38. Let US not forget that the little ones Trump beat in these primary contests are just exactly that, little pawns for the big establishment anti-America/anti-Trump/anti-Voter clan. Remember trillions at stake here, we can celebrate the victory tonight with our fellow Americans but then we need to get back to basics and back to work. We got bigger fish to fry. Thanks CTH, Trump for President 2016

39. barton2016 says:

Sanders wife is Fugly!

40. thesitrep says:

My sister is really broken up over Cruz’s loss.
    It’s gonna take a while for these people to come back to reality.
    These folks are a little different in the way they support their candidate.
    It seems to be tide to the nexus between Cruz and the children of Christ that has been promulgated by Beck.
    Even Levin was about to get baptized by Beck and get issued spec-op boxer briefs..

41. rsanchez1990 says:

The melt downs are indeed epic. It boggles the mind to see how they just refuse to accept the will of the people.

I’m watching from a safe distance!