Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

Dominican Friars not KKK

H/t: Menagerie

About Patriot Dreamer

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.” ~Ayn Rand *************************************************** In the battle between good intentions vs. unintended consequences….UC always win. ~Sharon
This entry was posted in Bumper Stickers. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

1. Ad rem says:

Students at Indiana University in Bloomington were frightened on Monday night amid reports that a member of the KKK, armed with a whip, was walking around campus.
     photo Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 7.33.32 PM_zps3kci0b4j.png

2. auscitizenmom says:

🙂

3. It’s a sad day in America, a country founded on Christian values, when young people do not recognize a priest!!!! GOD help us!

• Pam says:

Exactly. I think this little thing, this one little thing, is a good example of how one small incident can strike deep into the consciousness of people and cause a lightning flash of awareness, illuminating a much bigger picture.

4. amwick says:

Now we have to worry about ice cream:

5. BlueSky says:

I suppose a nun in her black habit will be mistaken for Zorro!

6. JeremyR says:

They are just lucky it didn’t turn out to be Obi-wan Kenobi. He likes messing with simple minds, and you don’t get much simpler than a liberal arts major.

• I almost spit coffee on my Kindle Fire. That was really funny 😀

• Jenny R. says:

I happen to be a liberal arts major — Catholic school system — work at a college (sadly, a state run one). This could have just as easily been a STEM major…none of them are horribly aware of anything anymore. And don’t think that all instructors don’t realize this — many do, but good luck trying to get through to any but a small percentage of them (it could cost you your job or even threats made…most are not willing to do that; they get out of the profession eventually). The environment on the campuses is frightening…and its spreading down to the younger levels too.

I bring it up because that’s one of the rightwing indoctrinations: oh, let’s get away with the useless liberal arts (which includes history, literature, the arts…basically Western Civilization, or it did at one time; I think my husband and I were some of the last to actually take a Western Civ. survey class)…no, no, no…let’s get the liberal arts back to what they were (because Western Civ.), without it you may have STEM majors who can split an atom or a DNA sequence, but they will have no training in how to be ethical people, no base from which to argue why they should not do it even though they can (which is kinda where we are at right now, as those holy STEM majors are taught by leftwing kooks as much as any liberal arts major; example: global climate change, peak population theories, not exactly humanities majors who came up with those now was it?…and can probably do more damage to boot, my example stands).
      The “conservative Christians” basically allowed the left to gut the humanities without a peep of resistance (and that I have my theories on as well: it does not benefit “Christians” such as the Dominionists to have people who actually know something about history, ethics, and religion, who can think for themselves — they are perfectly happy with people who can split an atom and not realize that it might not be a good idea to do it as long as they are loyal to the Dominionist cult)…and now we will all pay the price for it. Good show rightwing!

I apologize if I am being perhaps a bit harsh, but as with the whole Ted Cruz thing et a. the right has been as guilty of allowing themselves to be indoctrinated as the left, and with many of the same results just some different window drapery. It’s time to break free of it — for everyone’s sake.

• JeremyR says:

I’m a history major. The ones I’m referring to are the real liberal “arts”, gender studies, race studies etc. The things that serve no purpose outside of indoctrinational endeavors. Heck, a four year degree in basket weaving serves a purpose if people need baskets.
        Our entire system has been dumbed down for several generations. We now have kids graduating with a four year degree who know less than my mother did with her high school diploma.
        There was a cartoon several years back where a history professor was giving his opening lecture, and it went something like this, “when I began teaching at this institution students were required to read a minimum of ten books relating to this subject chosen from a list of 92. (pick any number you want). Today with all the changes implemented by our forward looking progressives, you now only need check out six books….”
        Student, “whoa, I’m outa here!”
        “But reading them is optional. Sigh.”
        And for your information, we did not give up and surrender, Conservatives went to school, got degrees and went on to jobs. The liberals minded people hung around since they were wont to work, and instead got GTAs which led to associate professors which led to professors who changed the course of education for the worse. The liberals went to school intending to change the world by control. They now have it, and woe be it for any one who is not a liberal thinker to want to hang around long.
        By the time I attended college, it was already over run with liberals. The History department was staffed by antitheists. They were militantly anti GOD, and woe be it for you to make a show of faith.

• Jenny R. says:

I don’t consider those to be liberal arts. Those are delicatessen “specialties” that were allowed to destroy the liberal arts once the ground was ceded to the left to gut the departments and do away with canonical studies.
          It also made it far easier to bring in teachers (since we needed them once everybody started going to college) who have neither the skill nor the education (nor the energy) to actually teach, which suited our new educational system that did not require students to actually study!
          And conservatives did so abandon the academic institutions — and rationalized it with the totally moronic notion of “those who can blah blah” and “it’s already overrun”. Yes, it’s all well and good to go and get a job, there is nothing wrong with that; yes, it is overrun, but at some point we have to realize that in order to have people who are educated people do have to go back into the system (or just go to the system) and teach so that the next generation is educated. At some point it has to be realized that just because it is this way now does not mean it has to be that way forever — ground can be retaken, but you have to try to do it.
          Yes, I am very grumpy about this. You don’t give up — you take it back! I feel very stabbed in the back by people who allowed this, and then complain. You are right, it isn’t easy in today’s atmosphere, but just letting it go didn’t and isn’t helping! And the consequences are enormous. We are already seeing them.

• JeremyR says:

You have your opinion, and I have mine. I am not interested in being lectured at this point in my life by some one I do not know and whose credentials I have never seen. I was a history major in college. I attended for the purpose of obtaining an Army commission which I did. I completed twenty one years of service a long time ago, before Clinton created the mess that led to 9-11-01.
            I will keep my opinion. When you post comments I agree with, I will “like” them. I’m not going to waste my time trying to change your mind.
            If you want to be grumpy, I suggest you get a cat. They are great companions for releasing stress, or you can find and adopt grumpy cat, and have a companion for life.
            Have a nice day and an enjoyable week end. GOD made this day, and we are assured of at least a few more week ends as a people go unless of course, he allows a splodydope to blow himself and us to kingdom come, in which case, HIS will be done.

• Jenny R. says:

I happen to be a liberal arts major, and do know the difference.
      The rightwing was very foolish in allowing the humanities to be taken over by the left (where do you think knowledge/study of Western Civ happens?). Your much applauded STEM majors are no better really (work at a college, see them every day…example: global climate change…certainly wasn’t liberal arts majors who came up with that theory now was it?). They may know how to split an atom or a DNA helix, but they have no grounding in why they should perhaps not do it.
      You made a mistake in giving up the liberal arts departments with hardly a peep, and we will all pay the price for that.
      Perhaps it is not too late — but as with this election season, some notions are going to have to be rethought.

7. gloriosaedominae1 says:

The rosary is a weapon. Just ask Padre Pio.

8. itswoot says:

It’s discrimination not to include a photo of a ghost alongside the other two in the above “To avoid confusion in the future” image. #ghostlivesmatter

9. blognificentbee says:

The dumbing down of the current college-aged generation is appalling! On a daily basis I can watch Jessie Waters or the late shows and still be AMAZED at the idiots and the lack of basic levels of knowledge. I saw a post somewhere on the net on the day of the Trump NY rally – a protestor was asked what she thought of Benghazi and she asked the reporter if he (read: Ben Ghazi) was a candidate…it’s scary that her vote counts the same as mine! /s

10. azwarrior1 says:

Here is a hint:

Dominican Friars are Catholics.

KKK members are Democrats.

• Menagerie says:

Unfortunately a very large percentage of Catholics are Democrats. I don’t understand it, it makes even less sense than the huge Jewish vote for Democrats, but it is true. Personally, I believe voting for a Democrat incompatible with my Catholic faith.