He Is Risen

GospelMT 28:1-10

After the sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning,
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
And behold, there was a great earthquake;
for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven,
approached, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it.
His appearance was like lightning
and his clothing was white as snow.
The guards were shaken with fear of him
and became like dead men.
Then the angel said to the women in reply,
“Do not be afraid!
I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified.
He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said.
Come and see the place where he lay.
Then go quickly and tell his disciples,
‘He has been raised from the dead,
and he is going before you to Galilee;
there you will see him.’
Behold, I have told you.”
Then they went away quickly from the tomb,
fearful yet overjoyed,
and ran to announce this to his disciples.
And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them.
They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.
Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid.
Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee,
and there they will see me.”

This entry was posted in Celebrations, Christian Values, Religion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

88 Responses to He Is Risen

1. gloriosaedominae1 says:

Continuation of the Holy Gospel according to Mark
    Mark 16:1-7
    And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalen, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought sweet spices, that coming, they might anoint Jesus. And what follows.

Homily of St. Gregory, Pope
    Homilia 21. in Evangelia.
    Dearly beloved brethren, ye have heard the deed of the holy women which had followed the Lord; how that they brought sweet spices to His sepulchre, and, now that He was dead, having loved Him while He was yet alive, they followed Him with careful tenderness still. But the deed of these holy women doth point to somewhat which must needs be done in the holy Church. And it behoveth us well to give ear to what they did, that we may afterward consider with ourselves what we must do likewise after their example. We also, who believe in Him That was dead, do come to His sepulchre bearing sweet spices, when we seek the Lord with the savour of good living, and the fragrant report of good works. Those women, when they brought their spices, saw a vision of Angels, and, in sooth, those souls whose godly desires do move them to seek the Lord with the savour of good lives, do see the countrymen of our Fatherland which is above.

It behoveth us to mark what this meaneth, that they saw the Angel sitting on the right side. For what signifieth the left, but this life which now is? or the right, but life everlasting? Whence also it is written in the Song of Songs ii. 6: His left hand is under my head, and His right hand doth embrace me. Since, therefore, our Redeemer had passed from the corruption of this life which now is, the Angel which told that His undying life was come, sat, as became him, on the right side. They saw him clothed in a white garment, for he was herald of the joy of this our great solemnity, and the glistering whiteness of his raiment told of the brightness of this holy Festival of ours. Of ours, said I? or of his? But if we will speak the truth, we must acknowledge that it is both his and ours. The Again-rising of our Redeemer is a Festival of gladness for us, for us it biddeth know that we shall not die for ever; and for Angels also it is a festival of gladness, for it biddeth them know that we are called to fulfill their number in heaven.

See this glad Festival then, which is both his and ours, the Angel appeared in white raiment. For as the Lord, rising again from the dead, leadeth us unto the mansions above, He repaireth the breaches of the heavenly Fatherland. But what meaneth this, that the Angel said unto the women which came to the sepulchre: Fear not? Is it not as though he had said openly: Let them fear which love not the coming of the heavenly countrymen; let them be afraid who are so laden by fleshly lusts, that they have lost all hope ever to be joined to their company. But as for you, why fear ye, who, when ye see us, see but your fellow countrymen? Hence also Matthew, writing of the guise of the Angel, saith xxviii. 3: His countenance was like lightning, and His raiment white as snow. The lightning speaketh of fear and great dread, the snow of the soft brilliancy of rejoicing.

2. Pam says:

Happy Easter to all. Without his sacrifice on the cross and resurrection, we would have no hope and so today I feel truly blessed and hope you all feel the same. 🙂

3. flyanddive says:

Let us not forget today, and now more than ever, that the people who condemned Jesus to the cross knew he was the son of God; They crucified him anyway. Don’t ever let them convince you to scream Barabbas!

4. Can’t keep a good man down. He was truly divine.

5. NJF says:

Happy Easter everyone.

6. lilbirdee'12 says:

He is Risen indeed. Life is worth living because He Lives !
    Wishing a very Happy Easter to all Treepers and those who read here.
    May we all yearn to draw closer to our Savior and be pleasing in His eyes.
    I thank Him each day for all my blessings and for leading me here to The Last Refuge. God doesn’t make mistakes.

Eternity is Too Long to Be Wrong

7. Ziiggii says:

He is risen indeed!

8. sunnydaysall says:

Happy Easter to all my new friends here at the Conservative TreeHouse ❤
    Published on Mar 21, 2016
    Claire sings one of her favorite songs just in time for Easter 🙂

9. Odious debt says:

He is risen indeed, Alleluia! !

10. Carolina Kat says:

“He Lives”
    I serve a risen Savior
    He’s in the world today.
    I know that He is living,
    Whatever men may say.
    I see His hand of mercy;
    I hear His voice of cheer;
    And just the time I need Him
    He’s always near.
    He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
    He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
    He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
    You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart.
    In all the world around me
    I see His loving care,
    And though my heart grows weary,
    I never will despair;
    I know that He is leading,
    Through all the stormy blast;
    The day of His appearing
    Will come at last.
    Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
    Lift up your voice and sing
    Eternal hallelujahs
    To Jesus Christ the King!
    The Hope of all who seek Him,
    The Help of all who find,
    None other is so loving,
    So good and kind.
    He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
    He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
    He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
    You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart!

Sorry, can’t post a YouTube – but this is my Easter Hymn even when they don’t sing it at church.

Love the Hallelujah Chorus, too. I’m a second soprano – so after that second “King of Kings!” I begin to squeak, but I still sing. Music is pure joy in Him who makes my heart sing.

HE LIVES! God bless you, Treepers, Happy Easter. Thanks to all who posted such lovely music – what a delight to click down through this thread. A pure taste of Heaven.

11. Menagerie says:

Today we celebrate the most important and wonderful thing that ever happened to and for humanity. Tomorrow, all the tomorrow’s to follow, will we give thought to the price paid for us? We were ransomed at great cost. May this be the Easter that we go forth remembering that cost, and sharing that love.

• Pam says:

Amen amen, Menagerie. This is not just one day, or an octave of days, to celebrate and remember. It is every single day that we need to keep this, first and foremost, in our minds and hearts.

12. duchess01 says:

SUNDAY, MARCH 27, 2016

Is the Resurrection a Reality to You? – He’s Alive for EVERMORE!

13. Me says:

Jesus lives! Happy Resurrection Day!

14. Dora says:

Belfast Easter Sonnet

How beautiful the city looks from here
    Gilded with an Easter morning light
    A robin in a hedgerow shows no fear
    While homing in on leftovers of night.
    Church bells in the distance mark the day,
    A fitting tribute to the risen Lord
    Who by His crucifixion led the way
    To truth and life by loss of His own blood.
    Still, certain sadness fills the air,
    Belfast bears its crosses long and tall
    As history casts grey shadows down the hall
    Of memories that darken and ensnare;
    But Jesus in His dying shared our pain
    And by His rising, raises us again.