Candidate Donald Trump is delivering a widely anticipated speech at the AIPAC conference in Washington DC. The start time is tentative.  Two livestreams current:

Live Stream (RSB Pending)Alternate Live Stream (active)

update-1Update – Transcript added:  Donald J Trump remarks to the AIPAC audience on March 21st 2016.

Good evening. I speak to you today as a lifelong supporter and true friend of Israel. I am a newcomer to politics but not to backing the Jewish state.

In late 2001, weeks after the attacks on New York City and Washington – attacks perpetrated by Islamic fundamentalists, Mayor Giuliani visited Israel to show solidarity with terror victims. I sent him in my plane because I backed the mission 100%.

In Spring 2004, at the height of violence in the Gaza Strip, I was the Grand Marshal of the 40th Salute to Israel Parade, the largest single gathering in support of the Jewish state.

It was a very dangerous time for Israel and frankly for anyone supporting Israel – many people turned down this honor –I did not, I took the risk.

I didn’t come here tonight to pander to you about Israel. That’s what politicians do: all talk, no action. I came here to speak to you about where I stand on the future of American relations with our strategic ally, our unbreakable friendship, and our cultural brother, the only democracy in the Middle East, the State of Israel.

My number one priority is to dismantle the disastrous deal with Iran. I have been in business a long time. I know deal-making and let me tell you, this deal is catastrophic – for America, for Israel, and for the whole Middle East.

The problem here is fundamental. We have rewarded the world’s leading state sponsor of terror with $150 billion and we received absolutely nothing in return.

I’ve studied this issue in greater detail than almost anybody. The biggest concern with the deal is not necessarily that Iran is going to violate it, although it already has, the bigger problem is that they can keep the terms and still get to the bomb by simply running out the clock, and, of course, they keep the billions.

The deal doesn’t even require Iran to dismantle its military nuclear capability! Yes, it places limits on its military nuclear program for only a certain number of years. But when those restrictions expire, Iran will have an industrial-size military nuclear capability ready to go, and with zero provision for delay no matter how bad Iran’s behavior is. When I am president, I will adopt a strategy that focuses on three things when it comes to Iran.

First, we will stand up to Iran’s aggressive push to destabilize and dominate the region. Iran is a very big problem and will continue to be, but if I’m elected President, I know how to deal with trouble. Iran is a problem in Iraq, a problem in Syria, a problem in Lebanon, a problem in Yemen, and will be a very major problem for Saudi Arabia. Literally every day, Iran provides more and better weapons to their puppet states.

Hezbollah in Lebanon has received sophisticated anti-ship weapons, anti-aircraft weapons, and GPS systems on rockets. Now they’re in Syria trying to establish another front against Israel from the Syrian side of the Golan Heights.

In Gaza, Iran is supporting Hamas and Islamic Jihad – and in the West Bank they are openly offering Palestinians $7,000 per terror attack and $30,000 for every Palestinian terrorist’s home that’s been destroyed.

Iran is financing military forces throughout the Middle East and it is absolutely indefensible that we handed them over $150 billion to facilitate even more acts of terror.

Secondly, we will totally dismantle Iran’s global terror network. Iran has seeded terror groups all over the world. During the last five years, Iran has perpetrated terror attacks in 25 different countries on five continents. They’ve got terror cells everywhere, including in the western hemisphere very close to home. Iran is the biggest sponsor of terrorism around the world and we will work to dismantle that reach.

Third, at the very least, we must hold Iran accountable by restructuring the terms of the previous deal. Iran has already – since the deal is in place – test-fired ballistic missiles three times. Those ballistic missiles, with a range of 1,250 miles, were designed to intimidate not only Israel, which is only 600 miles away but also intended to frighten Europe, and, someday, the United States.

Do you want to hear something really shocking? As many of the great people in this room know, painted on those missiles – in both Hebrew and Farsi – were the words “Israel must be wiped off the face of the earth.”

What kind of demented minds write that in Hebrew? And here’s another twisted part – testing these missiles does not even violate the horrible deal that we made!

The deal is silent on test missiles but those tests DO violate UN Security Council Resolutions. The problem is, no one has done anything about it. Which brings me to my next point – the utter weakness and incompetence of the United Nations.

The United Nations is not a friend of democracy. It’s not a friend to freedom. It’s not a friend even to the United States of America, where as all know, it has its home. And it surely isn’t a friend to Israel.

With President Obama in his final year, discussions have been swirling about an attempt to bring a security council resolution on the terms of an eventual agreement between Israel and Palestine. Let me be clear: An agreement imposed by the UN would be a total and complete disaster. The United States must oppose this resolution and use the power of our veto. Why? Because that’s not how you make a deal.

Deals are made when parties come to the table and negotiate. Each side must give up something it values in exchange for something it requires. A deal that imposes conditions on Israel and the Palestinian Authority will do nothing to bring peace. It will only further delegitimize Israel and it would reward Palestinian terrorism, because every day they are stabbing Israelis – and even Americans.

Just last week, American Taylor Allen Force, a West Point grad who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was murdered in the street by a knife-wielding Palestinian. You don’t reward that behavior, you confront it!

It’s not up the United Nations to impose a solution. The parties must negotiate a resolution themselves. The United States can be useful as a facilitator of negotiations, but no one should be telling Israel it must abide by some agreement made by others thousands of miles away that don’t even really know what’s happening.

When I’m president, believe me, I will veto any attempt by the UN to impose its will on the Jewish state. You see, I know about deal-making – that’s what I do. I wrote The Art of the Deal, one of the all-time best-selling books about deals and deal making. To make a great deal, you need two willing participants.

We know Israel is willing to deal. Israel has been trying to sit down at the negotiating table, without pre-conditions, for years. You had Camp David in 2000, where Prime Minister Barak made an incredible offer – maybe even too generous. Arafat rejected it.

In 2008, Prime Minister Olmert made an equally generous offer. The Palestinian Authority rejected it. Then John Kerry tried to come up with a framework and Abbas didn’t even respond, not even to the Secretary of State of the United States of America!

When I become President, the days of treating Israel like a second-class citizen will end on Day One. I will meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu immediately. I have known him for many years and we will be able to work closely together to help bring stability and peace to Israel and to the entire region.

Meanwhile, every single day, you have rampant incitement and children being taught to hate Israel and hate the Jews. When you live in a society where the firefighters are the hero’s little kids want to be firefighters.

When you live in a society where athletes and movie stars are heroes, little kids want to be athletes and movie stars. In Palestinian society, the heroes are those who murder Jews – we can’t let this continue. You cannot achieve peace if terrorists are treated as martyrs. Glorifying terrorists is a tremendous barrier to peace.

In Palestinian textbooks and mosques, you’ve got a culture of hatred that has been fermenting there for years, and if we want to achieve peace, they’ve got to end this indoctrination of hatred. There is no moral equivalency. Israel does not name public squares after terrorists. Israel does not pay its children to stab random Palestinians.

You see, what President Obama gets wrong about deal making is that he constantly applies pressure to our friends and rewards our enemies. That pattern, practiced by the President and his administration, including former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, has repeated itself over and over and has done nothing but embolden those who hate America. We saw that with releasing $150 billion to Iran in the hope that they would magically join the world community – It’s the same with Israel and Palestine.

President Obama thinks that applying pressure to Israel will force the issue, but it’s precisely the opposite. Already, half the population of Palestine has been taken over by the Palestinian ISIS in Hamas, and the other half refuses to confront the first half, so it’s a very difficult situation but when the United States stands with Israel, the chances of peace actually rise. That’s what will happen when I’m president.

We will move the American embassy to the eternal capital of the Jewish people, Jerusalem – and we will send a clear signal that there is no daylight between America and our most reliable ally, the state of Israel.

The Palestinians must come to the table knowing that the bond between the United States and Israel is unbreakable. They must come to the table willing and able to stop the terror being committed on a daily basis against Israel and they must come to the table willing to accept that Israel is a Jewish State and it will forever exist as a Jewish State.

Thank you very much, its been a great honor to be with you.  (transcript link)

PALM BEACH, FL - MARCH 11: Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is seen as former presidential candidate Ben Carson gives him his endorsement during a press conference at the Mar-A-Lago Club on March 11, 2016 in Palm Beach, Florida. Presidential candidates continue to campaign before Florida's March 15th primary day. Joe Raedle/Getty Images/AFP

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Israel, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

876 Responses to *UPDATE* Transcript Added: Donald Trump AIPAC Speech – 5:00pm EDT (est) LiveStream Video…

1. Bull Durham says:

KT McFarland next up on Lou Dobbs right now.

2. mamadogsite says:

K.T.McFarland coming up at 7:54 on Lou Dobbs.

3. teaforall says:

Do you remember Reagan speech in 1964 A Time For Choosing, and how that made you feel, Tonight, Trumps speech gave me that same feeling . One that will go down in history, in Foreign Policy.Tonight Donald J Trump won the election. I am honored to be a Trump supporter 100%

4. Coast says:

That was BOLD.

• Garrison Hall says:

This is the kind of focused, statesman like address that people have been asking for Trump to make. It’s time for him to get very, very serious about this race.

• teaforall says:

Tonight Trump has shown the World, as a leader of the free world, He will lead His Country to the Glorious Victory we have been fighting. He will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. , you can take that to the bank, in other words READ MY LIPS………………..

5. Voltaire's Crack says:

Lou Dobbs was just laughing at Erick Erickson on his show. He notes that Erick has his suicide vest on and is going into the future with a bang as he giggles.

Laura Ingraham was laughing at him this morning too.

KT McFarlane is heaping praising on the Donald right now. Calls the speech polished and that he’s talking about things the other candidates are not talking about.

6. dizzymissl says:

7. roxanne175 says:

I am so proud to be a supporter of Donald Trump.

8. CM-TX says:

Well done, very impressed. I think he shocked the CNN panel on standby. They actually seemed caught off guard, & all complimented him in one way or another. Even that dreadful Hispanic woman so full of vitriol, started with a backhanded compliment. Of course then she resorted to “TrumpterPrompter” jokes. Guess she came up short on expected material. Face palm to her!

They were expecting him to take a neutral stance, based off prior comments. Anything but! Of course (the “Carly” clone) had to slip in that he contradicted himself — dismantling Iran deal vs. a reference to enforcing it later in speech — I heard it too, but I think he clarified that enforcing part with something I partially missed. It sounded like “__ ___ old deal,” Not sure exactly. I’ll have to check transcript.

I had to run from the room when Canadian Cruz started with Trump dig- Tactless. He’s still butt hurt over the debate. I can’t listen to his voice, apparently neither can most women according to some poll. I have flashbacks of Dana Carvey doing his Bush Sr impression, (back in his SNL days) whenever Ted speaks.

• Gail Combs says:

Trump said “Third, at the very least, we must hold Iran accountable by restructuring the terms of the previous deal.” near the end of his section on the Iran deal.

I do not see that as contradicting himself.

• CM-TX says:

Ok, thank you. She definitely missed that part. Said she’d save it for a later question to throw at him. With a well thought out speech, no way he made that blatant of a contradiction.

I had a kid causing interference while listening, but I knew he clarified it somewhere. She however was taking notes- so she heard what she wanted to hear.

• Notmeagain says:

I think he’s already dismantled the time bombs in the deal mentally and made plans to disrupt the real bombs physically–he had that Cheshire cat grin and that was almost the only grin, so it had a different meaning.

• margarite1 says:

This woman cannot stand the sight or sound of Cruz…and I just imagine the touch to be at least equally disgusting. How his wife can stand him I do not know.

• Esperanza says:

To be frank I’m not interested in the Dhimmi press’ reaction. I want to know Bibi, Putin, Orban, Merkel, the Islamic Empire’s reaction.

• Rev21v3n4 says:

I can testify I can’t listen to cruz’s voice. I can barely read them. Usually I have to skim because they are just to nausea inducing. I don’t like vomiting when I’m otherwise perfectly fine. . 🙂

• Rev21v3n4 says:

I cannot stand no edit!!!! Gahhhhhhh. Let me say this again:

I can barely read his words. Usually I have to skim because they are just too nausea inducing.

There. I feel better now. 😀

9. Athena the Warrior says:

Cruzbots on Twitter are raging, calling Trump a liar.?!?! Poor things need serious detoxing.

10. ZZZ says:

That was an awesome speech. Very forceful and authoritative.

Now, bring it home and use the same force and authority to keep the terrorists out of your rallies.

In Tuscon, what happened to security? Were were the police?

Prosecute to the fullest. Make it known.

It needs to stop before someone gets seriously injured or worse.

• Azrajo says:

The local police did little or nothing. A security person stopped me from bringing a soft pretzel to my seat but turned a blind eye to the protesters who were smacking , cursing and taunting people as they were being escorted out . I watched them stand around doing nothing as Trump supporters complained and pointed at the disrupters.
      When the rally was over the police. Corralled thousands of a Trump supporters into a small exit and through a small door that was lined by the protesters . There was no police baracade separating the protesters and we were forced to walk by them while they were cursing and making vulgar gestures like grabbing their crotches and giving the finger.
      Last year after a University game the Tucson police set up barricades and full riot gear against the white college students and smacked them around including girls. Their rational was to prevent wrong doing by middle class students.
      Tucson has a new Police Chief who is a white male known for marching at the front of a Black Lives Matter parade .

11. NYGuy54 says:

With this speech, Trump helps people understand how many lies Cruz is telling. That alone made Cruz lose big time tonight

12. benY says:

I checked BB real quick to see how they spin it for Cruz. Surprised Trump got credit.
    Kasich offered one of the best speeches of the evening.
    Trump’s speech will be the story of the night
    Cruz: A thorough, heartfelt, competent speech

13. burnett044 says:

Trump delivered an amazing speech tonight…!!!
    Ted Cruz said something was burning in his dad`s underwear I think…

14. Lostwithiel says:

The essence of Trump’s wonderful appeal is crystallized In his statement: “You don’t reward behavior like that, you confront it.”

15. Lindy says:

Quote from Paul Ryan Speaker of the House(of a Constitutional Republic): “Israel, like us, is a Liberal Democracy is a sea of authoritarian regimes.”

16. Trumped says:

HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

“Hello, Im Mittttttens romneeeyy”

These robo calls romney does for Cruz are so stupid. like straight out of the twillight zone.

• LaVonne says:

I live in Utah and am looking forward to voting for Donald Trump tomorrow. My whole family is all 7 of us are voting for Trump. I voted for Romney in 2012 and I am so sick of his lies and using the LDS population to try to hurt Trump. It felt good to rebuff all of the robo calls for other candidates. My favorite one was one from the Kasich campaign. First they asked me who I was voting for and I pushed the number for Trump. Then they asked me a series of questions. They said that Kasich had done such and such and then asked me if it changed my mind. It was fun to answer that it definitely would not change my mind to vote for Kasich. They told me 4 things that Kasich had done and it was a pleasure to give them the same answer each time. They then again asked me who I was voting for and when I pushed the number for Trump the phone went click. I guess they thought that they could be persuaded so they called again with the same approach. They got the same response they got the first time. I just got a phone call asking me to listen in on a Cruz beck phone townhall. I wanted to listen so that I would be able to counteract their lies. However the second I heard Cruz’s voice I could not go through with it and hung up. My hope and praye for tomorrow is that more people in my stat will break free from voting for a candidate just because Romney says so. At minimum i hope we keep cruz under 50% and that Trump gets at least 15%. Anything above that will be icing on the cake. From the polls I have seen Trump should get at least 15%. I am praying that those that are making their final decision will be inspired to vote for Trump bacause he is the only one that can do the job necessary at this time to right the USA ship.

17. Toontown says:

Fantastic speech! Donald Trump will be the greatest present in my lifetime! I’m proud to support him.

18. Toontown says:

What I meant to say is that Donald Trump will be the greatest President in my lifetime!!

19. Absped7 says:

When talking about his daddy coming to America after fighting in the Cuban Revolution Me too Ted left out the most important point. He neglected to reveal that Daddy Cruz was fighting on the side of Fidel Castro!!

• RejecTED Cruz, another farce candidate who cannot win and is only kept in the race to block Trump and steal states to try to slow Trump down from getting more delegates. He just disgraced the entire event by speaking at it. Same with Ryan. All talk no action and oodles and oodles of LIES.

I “saw” they plan to run Romney in the Summertime. THAT’S their man: Romney.

• 1stgoblyn says:

This was the first time Trump did use a teleprompter. Surprised? Yeah, I was too, b/c it was hard to tell. Wadaman!!!

• MfM says:

Because he kept going off script. If you compare the transcript to his actual speech he added a lot.

• Esperanza says:

They’re complaining he used a script? Really, important foreign policy speech, needed to be structured focussed and polished. And when they do an important foreign policy speech, setting out the US’s stance on strategic geopolitical issues, what do they do?

20. Trump got so many standing ovations I lost count! He was great and sincere and not one teleprompter nor note. When they panned the audience everyone was smiling and excited and listening to every word. Trump was very presidential and sincere and people believe he would do what he was saying and it wasn’t just empty promises.

Ryan was reading notes and memorized empty speech, Kasich I didn’t see and not see Cruz out of CHOICE and for HEALTH REASONS!!

21. NJF says:

Wonderful speech. We all knew he would do well. He seemed well received, and there didn’t appear to be any “walk out.”

The LSM is soooooo stupid. They set the bar so low for Trump, that they actually helped him bc he did so well. They are such idiots.

I guess that’s what happens when you’ve been stuck covering Obozzo for the last 7+ years.

Oh, speaking of him, evidently, Bill the serial sex offender had some harsh words for Obama today. Maybe he’s mad bc Obama didn’t make Shillary’s “little problem” go away.

SMH

22. Junebug says:

Trump made a great decision skipping another Fox debate and doing this speech instead! Big win!

• Would Hillary have been the big star of AIPAC otherwise? I think that must have been the Fox / Uniparty plan.

• Junebug says:

Good point. Out-maneuvered by Trump again! He also got the best time slot to speak! Bet most people saw only small clip of Clinton, while Trump’s entire speech was on during evening news.

• Notmeagain says:

Very possibly. I think they thought AIPAC would go for the liberal. Instead they got Bibi and liked it.

• ladypenquin says:

The other point that Trump made, which is critical, is that Israel has the right to decide on what kind of deal they make, it’s not supposed to be what the U.S. or the U.N. push on them – which during the Obama administration has been all negative.

I had not realized how supportive of Israel he was in the days after 9/11. He sent Mayor Guiliani to Israel in his own plane, and that he was the Grand Marshal in the 40th Salute to Israel parade.
          DC, the Leftist politicians, and the commie media hate Trump because he has exposed them for who and what they really are, and now is the time to put an end to their abuse of the people.

• NJF says:

And the mailman and me too Ted copied him…..shocker.

23. Trumped says:

Nice grilling of Cruz by Wolf lol. Cruz looks like a weasel. Cruz fantasy stories.
    look
    let me be clear
    baaaabaaaabaaaaaaaaa

24. Trumped says:

CRAZY TED!!!

Trump said no moral equvilance and Cruz saying Trump is all for moral equivalency.

Wolf wants Hillary vs. Trump for his ratings grilling Cruz.
    Cruz so stupid sticking to his Clinton same as Trump B.S.

Teddy this way you wont lock up the Reagan democrat vote.

25. wyntre says:

Kellymegyn’s gonna have a cow on her show!

26. Notmeagain says:

Watching long after the fact. What an excellent speech. No notes, no prompter, lots of facts and numbers, good grasp of history and geography.Totally presidential. Lost track of the standing ovations, obviously he hit a lot of their concerns and they appreciated it. Crowd obviously no fans of Obama or Hillary. No wonder the media are stunned.
    I couldn’t stand to listen to more than a sentence by the others, it looked like the usual platitudes.

• Bahb says:

I love that Trump always says “Thank you” about 3 times during each standing ovation. I’ve not seen any other candidate say it even once.

27. sulli159 says:

FINALLY; Someone telling it like it really is; take no prisoners Mr Trump. No more of our money going to deep pockets Islamic countries who have a big incentive not to get rid of terrorists cells in their countries; BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF “OUR” MONEY.

28. Howie says:

Blind Blake

29. tammy says:

Proof God is giving America another chance! TRUMP/USA/WINNING!

• Finalage says:

^^^THIS^^^ Yes! God is having mercy on this land that he so loves. I really truly believe it. This country has been so bless that at times of consequence, to quote Scott Walker, a great leader has always come along to move us forward, whether it was George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, and Ronald Reagan! I feel like Donald J. Trump will be a leader of consequence in the same mold as those greats!

• OK. Trump-to-Arabs: Get rid of your OWN Terrorists. Think they’ll use OUR Rules of Engagement or THEIRS?

• Trump is an absolutely brilliant international strategist.

Same goes for Europe: If you want open borders and welcome Islamists to invade your countries, God help you – we’re not putting OUR blood and treasure on the line for freeloader nations who have no resolve to save themselves. For their Socialist sakes, it’s going to be a toss up on whether they awaken to enough pain to learn their life-saving lesson before they drown in self-inflicted terrorism.

30. Carolina Kat says:

That was an amazing speech. I am so proud of Donald Trump. He is going to be a great President.

31. Howie says:

Establishment

• Toronto Tonto says:

That reminds me of Cruz pestering Trump for more debates. There have been over a dozen, and Trump has won them all. Cruz doesn’t have a leg to stand on, yet he trash talks all the time. He’s comically delusional.

32. rumpole2 says:

There is a dope on Crazy Megyn’s show bemoaning the “fact” that Trump announced in his speech that USA should get out of NATO??? Eh???

That is a TOTAL lie… the dope maybe needs a hearing aid?

What I recall Trump saying is that nations in Europe who dont want to help fight ISIS should MAYBE get out of NATO…

Trump said NOTHING about USA getting out of NATO

The dope didn’t say it just once (a mis-speak) he repeated it and hammered home his delusional take on things.

33. sunnydaysall says:

All I can say is… WOW! Was that our Trump? WOW! Well as Trump has always said, “It’s always good to be underestimated”!! Keep on Trumpin’ ! ❤

34. Michelle says:

I missed the speech on TV bc I didn’t realize it was on so early, but we caught Erin Burnett afterwards and even without them saying it, and even with the usual anti-Trump commentator giving some convoluted opinion of whether Trump would really do these things, it was beyond clear that Donald Trump had just given an outstanding speech. They almost seeemed thrown off center!

I read the transcript above. My husband is Israeli born and I can tell that the issues Trump addressed and the way he addressed them are spot on, absolutely perfect.

I also don’t at all think that Trump necessarily used “Palestinian” incorrectly. When he used it, it seemed to be for ease of description, kind of like saying “mankind” when of course there are men and women. Throughout the speech you can tell he understands “what’s what” so you know he is using “Palestinian” intentionally and not by mistake. Also, the MSM are the ones who always say “Palestine” and “Palestinians” and I think that’s what many Americans think they are called anyway. If you got too specific, not only would it be cumbersome but it would almost seem like you’re talking about people different that what others understand “Palestinians” to be. That’s just how it seems to me.

• rumpole2 says:

Trump did say “Palestine” It is even in the written text.
      However so what?
      I took it as “short hand” for a general term for “the other side opposed to Israel in the context of this discussion” What the hell ya gonna call them? Gazans plus Westbankers together with assorted refugees spread around the region.

• Michelle says:

Exactly!!!

• rumpole2 says:

Picking up on a piddling pedantic point of word usage is what you would expect from an out-of-touch academic Master deBater like Lyin’ Ted.
          The gang on Fox “Special Report” Panel (Krauthhammer et al) picked it up BEFORE Lyin’ Ted came on. I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody at Fox (eg Crazy Megyn) texted the daft point to Lyin’ Ted

• Toronto Tonto says:

He was referring to Obama’s policy, and this president does believe in Palestinian statehood. That’s how I interpreted it.

• MASTER LEADER: Gee, might President Trump have PURPOSEFULLY cited “Palestine”, just as he laid out moving the capital of Israel to Jerusalem? Might he be dismissing the Palestinian State as a legitimate party in deciding the future of Palestine, unless they end the Jihadist worship and rewards?

MASTER NEGOTIATOR: Trump gets a two-fer by telling them they’re no longer sitting in the driver’s seat and if want something else than an undivided city of Jerusalem as Capital of Israel, they’d better get a move on in cleaning up their act.

35. justfactsplz says:

The media and naysayers underestimated how well Donald would do in this speech. I think it was by far the best he has given. I was praying all the way through it because of them saying walk outs were planned. He covered his material and was very knowledgeable about his material. The crowd was very receptive to him. He came across very presidential and like a powerful leader. I believe he may have changed some minds with this speech.

Cruz had a tough act to follow and fell very short in his speech. It was the same old Cruz, nothing to make him stand out and apart from Trump.

36. SZ says:

Donald J. Trump…Never the Jewish Hitler…Only the Jewish Heroe…

Go Donald J. Trump for President of the United States of America…

Great…Great Speech for Israel…they got it.

You are the one to be President of the USA

37. SZ says:

sorry “hero”

38. Deb says:

Time Magazine says Trump had a “muted response” and seemed to “contradict himself.”

It’s like they don’t realize the Internet exists and people can see things for themselves. Or they don’t care, they are just trying to convince a few idiots who are too lazy to do their own thinking.

39. jim says:

So. First thing tomorrow Cruz and/or his spox will once again be calling for a one-on-one with Trump, right?

40. Dawn says:

Mr Trump was amazing! I’m still smiling. Ticked me off that Cruz used his line about an embassy in Jerusalem, but the audience knew.
    He was incredible 🙂

41. Curry Worsham says:

If I were a rich man, I’d run for president!

42. Tparty says:

That one was great Donald. Finally, someone recognizes the solution to the Isreal/Palestine dilema and has the guts to say it. You realize the issue is not a deal, but a project … a peace project that starts with education, intensifies with fair commerce in an expanding economy and finishes with the rescuing of 2 cultures.

So, if the Palestine/Isreal issue is a peace project, what is the biggest deal in the world. I KNOW you know Donald.

Tparty

• Great observation, Tparty. We’re in for a treat to see Trump crank up the economic reasons for the people of Palestine to toss their current warring political leaders and elevate a group that wants a better future for the people. Their totalitarian leadership simply produces a different flavor of constant conflict, citizen misery and perpetual decline from our Uniparty.

43. Timmy-the-Ute says:

I was shocked that some posing as Paul Mirengoff of Powerline.com liked the speech by Mr. Trump.

44. Kokanee says:

Trump is playing chess and everybody else is playing checkers.
    Cruz pointed out an “error” in Trump’s speech. Trump said “Palestine” and not “Palestinian”. HELLO!!! that was a message to the Palestinian Authority and Israelis. No mistake. He was talking about negotiations and how both sides have to have a benefit… something for something. Geez… hopefully the people who matter knows what he was saying… he just made a proposal for the start of negotiations.
    TRUMP 2016!!!!

45. facebkwallflower says:

Basically, Trump said the most profound: It will be United States and Israel together, even if we stand together, alone, without the UN. If belonging to the UN undermines ours friendship, our love affair, our marriage, our descendants, we will have united strength to stand outside the UN.

46. facebkwallflower says:

Conversation on Cruz thread showing this picture https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/1609685_10153985595882464_6032638313993977264_n.png?oh=6ed3a8dc1c652a2b6044be694d1162ba&oe=5790C2BE

Cruzader: “Ted’s speech to AIPAC gave me goose bumps. Ted Cruz is the only candidate worthy to be our president.”

Trumpsterr: “Gave you goosebumps, but after the multiple standing ovations for Trump and loud cheering and clapping throughout his speech, Ted’s speech gave the audience the doledrums and many left before he finished. Those that stayed clapped un-enthusiastically. DeceivingTed puts out this “quote” making it look like he is all original and great thinking. Nothing original in this quote. Trump said the same thing in his speech, then Cruz follows, says the same thing, and finally puts out this poster that is suppose to package him as original thinker. Bizarre. Why didn’t he pick something original to him or exclusive to him from the speech to highlight? Ponder that. Give that some serious thought. Also, Trump made his speech about America’s and Israels relationship. Ted came out swinging at Trump. Wrong place. Wrong time, Ted. Tacky. Tacky Ted. But if that is what gives you goosebumps and inspiration, then enjoy your goosebumps.”

Tacky Ted

47. Brian Nagle says:

Donald grows as a candidate every day. This was polished, statesmen like and a precursor for things to come. I was excited to hear Dobb’s, KT and Rollins and the other gentlemen praise Donald. He is closing the deal at a faster rate after tonight. Cruz is diminished to swatting at flies. Not a challenger any longer. @realdonaldtrump

48. Lostwithiel says:

I forced myself to watch Cruz’s speech. From the beginning it had the style of Larry Huch, (the Pentecostal minister who proclaimed Cruz God’s anointed), all over it. Cruz talked about Purim, threw in Hebrew words with the right little catch in the throat ( I KNEW he would finish his speech that way, too!), and interpreted the OT for his Jewish audience. .Also, that sense of apocalyptic panic which TV preachers always use. I found it inappropriate and embarrassing: Cruz is not Jewish!. Does he imagine that orthodox Jewish rabbis in Jerusalem give a fig for what these American hucksters believe? I know I would be offended if a non-Christian person came to my church and started instructing us about the meaning of Good Friday. Trump, in contrast, is completely appropriate: he is not pretending to be Jewish, but speaks of his long friendships with Jewish leaders, loyalty to Israel, and what his policies would be.

49. ZurichMike says:

He was using a teleprompter, but often referred to “Palestine” rather than the “Palestinian territories” or “The West Bank and Gaza”. Surely that was not an error in reading. Was he trying to telegraph to left of center voters that a separate legal status for the Palestinians is indeed possible (but not in the way currently being approached)?

50. Lucille says:

It occurred to me as Mr. Trump was walking up the aisle after his speech and his Secret Service protectors were all around him that this just may be a plum assignment for them all. It would not be merely because they have an opportunity to do their important jobs well, but because Mr. Trump has great respect for them, for what they do, for the long hours they must spend. Along with that respect is his gratefulness shown in his treating them well. I’d wager that they really like working with him.