Labor Union Leadership “Freaking Out” as Membership Supports Donald Trump…

It is always a good day for the vulgarian rebel alliance when Terry O’Sullivan, Andy Stern and Richard Trumka begin having ‘splodey heads because the republican candidate has more appeal than the Democrat they are organizationally funding.

WOLVERINES !

The inconvenient headline at the Huffington Post anxiously decries:  “Donald Trump’s Working-Class Appeal Is Starting To Freak Out Labor Unions“….  Oh my, the humanity.

“He starts with a different profile than George Bush or Mitt Romney. He is the first Republican in a while that has real appeal. I don’t think people looked at Mitt Romney and said, ‘He’s going to fight for me.’” – Andy Stern (former President SEIU)

trump hard hat

Yes, the intellectually honest, and economically patriotic, union rank-and-file find more optimism within the candidacy of the Blue Collar Billionaire who has a proven track record of actually delivering positive results for union workers including jobs, wages and contracts which pay their mortgages, car payments and kid’s college tuitions.

Go figure! (sarc).

(Via Huffington Post) Over the course of five weeks, Working America, the non-union affiliate of the AFL-CIO labor federation, did extensive canvassing in union-dense, blue-collar areas of Pittsburgh and Cleveland. They called it a “front porch focus group.” The idea was simply to listen — to let likely 2016 voters sound off about their thoughts and concerns headed into the presidential election.

What they discovered, among other things, was a lot of support for Donald Trump, the GOP front-runner. For months, this enthusiastic backing of the obnoxious billionaire had generally baffled the chattering class — not to mention the GOP and Democratic establishment. But to Working America canvassers, it made plenty of sense.

“We hear the same refrains all the time,” said Karen Nussbaum, executive director of Working America, which has high membership in the Rust Belt. “That people are fed up and they’re hurting. That their families have not recovered from the recession. That every family is harboring someone still not back at work. That someone is paying rent for their brother-in-law.”

“And then a guy comes on the stage,” Nussbaum explained, “and says, ‘I’m your guy who will blow the whole thing up.’”

Trump’s pyromaniac approach to politics has earned him strong support from white, working-class voters and brought him to the cusp of winning the GOP nomination. It is an ascent that has shaken Republicans, who view the businessman as a fraud bound to splinter the party, and it’s leading Democrats and their allies to do what they do best: fret and panic.  (read more)

Trump Feel The Earn Again

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

283 Responses to Labor Union Leadership “Freaking Out” as Membership Supports Donald Trump…

1. cyberats says:

I’m more worried about the Italian Mafia Genovese Labor Unions than the latest scapegoat puppet.

2. coeurdaleneman says:

Huffington Post: ” …obnoxious billionaire…”
    😀 … and I’m a vulgarian … LOLOL

• 2x4x8 says:

Bed Time Story

the big bad wolf said, “I will Huff and Puff and blow your house down”, but the little pigs said “we are in Trump Tower made of brick”, and the big bad wolf tried and tried but could not succeed, and went away infuriated

• Shootingstar says:

Interesting the the adjective “multi-millionaire” is NEVER seen in front of Hillary’s name.

3. hpushkin says:

I LOVE a good freakout like this one.

4. Willy says:

Pray for the safety of the Trump family!

• Raffaella says:

All these freak outs every where makes me very nervous for Trump safety. It looks like he is not campaigning lately. I wonder if we will see a rally in AZ and Utah.

• Give the man a break, sheesh, leading up to last Tuesday he was doing 2 – 4 speaches a day and sometimes speeches in different states on the same day… You could hear it in his voice, he was tired. He is 69..

I’m a lot younger than he is and I would still have a hard time keeping up that pace.

Trump needs a bit of family time to recharge. Any of us would. Fear has nothing to do with it.

• ShibaDad says:

Trump will be in Fountain Hills Arizona for a rally this weekend, I think. The radio station KTAR text blasted earlier today. It’s ahead of our primary on Tuesday.

• susiepuma says:

Tuesday is not the primary….it is a beauty pageant…..presidential preference election…only registered dems, repubs, & green party can vote ( unless you changed your registration), primary is in August

• Trump has a tremendous advantage in speed of execution that he can use to (1) swamp competitors with more events and greater turnout for each (particularly if he rejects further “debate assaults”, denying competitors the chance to piggyback on his national media audience), and (2) limit opponents’ ability to mobilize “disrupters” by announcing events at the last minute (given his ability to fill venues to overflowing capacity almost overnight).

• chrystalia99 says:

AZ has 2 Saturday, per FB page–one 10 a.m. ish Fountain Hills after special taping with Hannity, one Tucson time not announced yet in PM. Expecting heavy protesters at both, I will be on scene in Tucson, planning to get attacked outside the venue. I am good at covertly provoking rioters:-). My plan is to distract them before they get in.

5. NannyG says:

Frankly, these union men have not seen a real Alpha Male in a looong time.
    All their so-called leaders are soft.
    They require tons of goodies just to sweeten the union leadership job.
    Weenies!

• drartaud says:

Please, come to my workplace, someone dies a horrible death every 5 years or so. Legs cutoff, head smashed, scalded to death, and deadly gas that requires men working in SCBAs and Level B (sometimes Level A) suits. Our jobs aren’t soft, and there are alpha males, we’re just too stupid to vote for leaders that will contribute to our prosperity. This year will be different though. Trump enjoys wide support in our previously democrat enclave.

Best regards.

• I think she was commenting about the leadership, not the workers. Re-read her post. She said the exact same thing you did.

• paulinohio says:

I agree with trajanoptimus, I think NannyG was saying that the union leaders are soft, and I think that is something we can all agree on.

By the way, wow, what the heck do you do? Those are sound like some tough things to deal with and certainly you have got to keep on your toes.

• drartaud says:

U.S. Steel Clairton Coke Works, the largest coke (used to make steel, not related to Pepsi) producer in the United States.

The plant is a Coke and Chemical Recovery Plant combined. They use a cryogenic process (temperatures down to -250 degrees) to purify the gas that is subsequently used as fuel for the Coke Batteries and sent to other plants. The coke batteries “bake” coal, driving out impurities, and these impurities are recovered in the form of Tars, Benzene, Xylene, Toluene, Sulfur, Ammonia, etc. and the fuel gas. The coal becomes a purified carbon known as Coke.

Here’s a rather thorough description of the coking by-products.

This is an older video that provides an overview of the facility, something new hires and contractors had to watch. I’m not sure why it’s on YouTube.

• Mike says:

Hillary is a dirty predatory fossil

• NannyG says:

Man!
            That is dangerous work!
            I’m glad we agree on the Alpha male thing.
            The leaders lack that, NOT the union members.

I used to live near the Port of Long Beach.
            Lots of coke left the US to be used for energy in Asia.
            Train carloads by the thousands.

• drartaud says:

Even the best of intentions when working around so many hazards can catch you off guard. And the facility has made it to the national news for more severe incidents that happened here. The guys and few gals here are great people, and they do jobs that more than a few new hires have walked out rather than do. But it’s time the union, and particularly the membership, align with the party most likely to give them financial gain. To align with the democrats without introspection assures they continue to betray us. The same with Republicans.

• helix35 says:

Thank God for the secret ballot.

6. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

Trump knows what is wrong with the country and it is the political class in Washington DC! There are only out for themselves and don’t care a hoot about the common man. Since I have a degree in Economics I can tell you more then one way to quickly stop the unfair trade imbalances with most of the world. I’ve been meaning to write something on that subject and so i guess now is a good time to do so.

7. sloth1963 says:

People figgered out that pro-union does not equal pro-worker. About time. Welcome aboard. We’re going places.

8. roberto says:

Reagan Democrats for Trump are back in Massive numbers in Michigan. We will deliver Trump Michigan in the gen. Bank it. I’m one of them, Also UAW.

9. Bob says:

The big reason the unions are freaking out is because if the potential lose of membership dues.
    And all the kickback they can carry off.

• Emmet Dene says:

people need to remember that the communist party was behind the union movement back in the day.

• DelAware says:

Well, we’re not living “back in the day,” but today, when workers in the US are being sold out by globalizers. Unite, or die. When TF are American workers going to understand this?

As for “communists,” my grandparents fled Finnish Karelia in 1942, and they had friends buried at Sandarmoh and Krasny Bor. You call me a communist, and I’ll take you out back and introduce you to the fine sport of Finnish bear-foot ass-kicking.

10. Ellie says:

Thanks for posting this today. The all out assault on Donald Trump that is going on today in the media is making me feel physically sick, and doubting my own intuition and sense of trust. All designed to do just that, I’m sure.

I hate the media, but even more so, I’m angry at the political class that has sold out America’s workers, retirees, the unborn, our natural resources, our manufacturing, and given our kids crap for an education and saddled them with trillions in debt while deindustrializng us. The whole thing needs to be torn down.

And today Lindsey Graham had the audacity to endorse Ted Cruz! What a joke! This is how bankrupt the Republican Party has become…financially, spiritually, morally corrupt, Drunk on their own power. All they need to do is raise more money to run false attack ads against someone not in their club. This is how bankrupt and debauched they’ve become…and they don’t even see it!

If there is a God in heaven, I pray His judgement will come soon.

• NC Mom says:

Oh Ellie…I too feel your anger and frustration. However PLEASE do not pray for God’s judgement…pray for God’s MERCY on all of us and our Nation.

• mickie says:

Ellie. Stay strong! Turn off the tv! Thats what I do.Don’t believe them! My only hope is that those not on the TRUMP TRAIN don’t believe it and wake up soon. The future of our kids, grand kids and country depend on it!

• darcy says:

Truly: turn off the TV.
        I have merciful quiet in my home now since I cancelled cable five years ago.
        Not even local news gets into my home. I want none of it.

• singtune says:

I agree~~Turn off the TV~~at least for all News & News Shows~! I did that 8 years ago & have felt Great since. We do have Cable, but only watch NASCAR & sometimes HGTV & the Cooking Channel. I also admit that i will watch “Dancing with the Stars” at times, when it appears. TV News Programs of all sorts, are a real NO NO in this House. My Husband loves it this way too!

Remember WE Are the MANY and these People who think they are IMPORTANT~~really are NOT, ~in the Eyes of “We the People”~! We are ON to their DIRTY TRICKS & CORRUPTION.

• I suspect Hebis a drunk himself

• Intuition becomes unreadable when we are tuned into the wrong channel and frequencies of lies. Our antenna picks up too much interference. Best to shut the TV OFF. Get a clear reception. Besides, none of it is news, just gossip and fear mongering. Tabloid journalism at best. And mostly all lies.

• justfactsplz says:

Ellie, you are a Wolverine. You will prevail. Keep the faith, Trump’s got this. Ellie, I know from personal experience that there is indeed a God in heaven. He loves us and is watching over us.

• mztore says:

Ellie; I’ve wanted to say much the same, but you do it better. I no longer watch the
      news at all. It is just too upsetting. This is my news spot. Thank you all.

11. NC Mom says:

My Aunt, life long Dem and Union member, is retired from SW Bell. The CWA union sent her a mailing that they had surveyed the membership and the majority preferred Sanders…HOWEVER it went on to say that the second preferred choice was TRUMP….not Hilary. This is wonderful come the general!!!!!

12. SuperTalk says:

Uh Oh, Grand Old Party better shut these Union Voters down or the Republicans might actually win in 2016.

• drartaud says:

In my workplace of over 1000 union workers, Trump enjoys the most support, Sanders is mentioned by a few, no one talks about Hillary, and everyone thinks Cruz is a trip on a ship.

• spacette55 says:

As a developer of large projects, Trump has worked with union construction labor all his work life. As an owner of multiple hotels and office buildings, it’s highly likely that his housekeepers, kitchen workers, janitors, maintenance people, etc. are all union members. He’s been talking their lingo all his life. He “gets it” and they “get him.”

13. NJF says:

Watching Dobbs, edger stone will be on..FYI

14. grlangworth says:

Mr. Bob Dylan

15. drartaud says:

I’m one of those union workers that support Trump. Workplace of over 1000 hourly workers (union), innumerable contractors at times (union), and comparatively few supervisory workers (non-union).

#1. HERE’S WHY:

And

#2. HERE’S WHY:

Unions have long ago abandoned dealing with the party most likely to produce prosperity for it’s membership. Hillary’s lies about providing jobs for coal miners that are put out of business by “green technologies” just aren’t believable. We can keep our doctors, our health plans, and we’ll save $2500/yr per family on insurance. Bwhahaha. LOL. ROTFL.

My workplace is massive, there’s a scrap pile, steel structure and miscellaneous metal items. There’s also the area where trash is disposed of. It’s always full, and it’s always different, it’s not a static pile. For this trash and scrap steel to go out, something new went in to replace it. New steel, new structures to replace worn ones, new pipes, equipment, pallets, pens, paper, tools, AC Units, water coolers, coffee pots, microwave ovens, bolts, heaters, solenoids, boots, clothing, tires, vehicles, and more……., the list is endless. This is BIG INDUSTRY.

Hillary will put coal mines out of business, coal powered power plants out of business, employees out of work, and cause the demise of prosperous towns. That’s guaranteed, because all that new stuff in our facility came from somewhere, local suppliers, contractors, even local stores. And we (the union employees), the supervisors, and contractors, purchase things at the local stores. $110 in fish sandwiches in one day for some of the guys in my shop alone.

The fact that unions and union leaders never ally with Republicans, the ones most likely to bring work opportunities to America, shows the unions are not operating in our best interests. If memory serves me correctly, even the UMWA (United Mine Workers of America) did not oppose Obama, even with Obama’s professed plan to destroy coal mining in the U.S. (though in his second term they didn’t endorse him, they didn’t endorse anyone, therefore they didn’t endorse anyone likely to promote their cause.) The USW (United Steel Workers) used to be the USWA, but they dropped America. How apropos.

This union worker supports Donald Trump for President, and from talking to the membership, many many of my union brothers and sisters do as well. Immigration, jobs, and returning manufacturing to America is most often the cited reason, and a distrust of career politicians a close runner up.

• jeans2nd says:

Well said sir. Excellent description of how it really is. Thank you.

• Guess why unions are dropping the “America” from their names: Foreign workers – particularly in developing countries – are SHEEPLE that are far easier to intimidate and control than Americans. That’s why Union Leaders are teaming with Globalists and Establishment Politicians to drive American Manufacturing, Technology and Call Center work offshore!

16. grlangworth says:

In America, you shouldn’t have to get 3 PhD’s in order to earn a living wage — Technology’s Peter Principle.

• Middle American says:

Most Ph.D.s I know aren’t earning a living wage, and if they were to get a second one it would be because being a perpetual student is preferable to them, to being idle.

• aparition42 says:

Most people I’ve known with multiple degrees got them because they ended up trapped in perpetual college by insurmountable student loan debt. The academic loan sharks promise optimistic 18 year olds that once they get their degree they’ll be making so much money the debt will pay for itself. Then, when they find out there are no $25/hour jobs for a kid straight out of college, their only choices are being financially ruined by collections agencies or going back to college were their debt is “deferred”. Of course they can only continue college if they take out more debt.

Once they run out of deferrals and degree plans, they’re bankruptcy-proof government loans have accrued so much interest they’ll be paying it back for life. Many of them end up keeping less of their money than they would have if they’d just kept their high school job and worked their way up the ladder.

• DelAware says:

Exactly! But if people are too stupid to understand hos a loan works, they should be too stupid for college. I’m sick of excuses being made for the Ed Biz, which tries to convince so called liberals that they can leapfrog upon graduation over actual WORKERS and PRODUCERS by renting seat time at some McAcademia outpost.

17. grlangworth says:

Originally, we globalized trade to lower our cost of living, not throw away our ability to work and survive. In the 21st Century, human productivity becomes a faster vanishing resource than all that ‘strategic meat, sugar and dairy products’ every country has always so zealously protected.
    Global trade must be managed to nurture and harvest human work opportunities – otherwise we will end up with no consumers, regardless of the price.

18. H1B Layoff-ed says:

While I am submitting the 20th online application for an engineering position today, I get this spam to a made up address in one of my domains. It ain’t just landscaping and fruit picking…
    ” ”
    Hi ,
    We share some connections on LinkedIn and looking through your profile, I thought I would send you a note to see if you have a need for IT Professionals.
    GlobalDevCenter provides Software Engineering resources to companies across the US, hiring the top 3% of graduates from the best universities in Latin America and Asia.
    With teams from as small as one person to large groups of +50 people, we serve clients like Thomson Reuters and Google in addition to many small companies and startups.
    Would you like to explore how we can help you solve your IT resourcing needs? We could do a quick phone call in the next few days.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Best regards,
    Paul Azorin – COO
    Phone: +1 415 992 6443 Email: paul_azorin@globaldevcenter.com
    GlobalDevCenter Website

• jeans2nd says:

This is sad beyond words.

• uvaldegirl says:

What a soulless way to make a living. And the irony to receive that email. I wish you good luck on the job hunt.

• The best future for engineers is in making America the Automation Engine of the world.
      That goes for non-engineers who want a future as well. Automation will displace repetitive jobs VERY quickly over the next 15 years, and the country that leads in automating work will dominate the world economy this century. Like it or not, we are in a race to transition workers into automation jobs faster than any other country can. The speed of this transition will make the disruption wrought by the Industrial Revolution look like child’s play.

19. Mike says:

Trump graphic ^ above says “Make American Feel the Earn Again!” ^ That’s great. Trump has top tier marketing support.

20. politijim says:

It became clear to me that Trump has a really simple message of hope that connects to the average America while Ted’s message (TrusTED) is all about him. And his public speeches really argue very dry policy issues (as a lawyer would do) that don’t really connect with people fed up seeing the economy sputter and the liberals demanding more handouts and ‘tolerance’ for deviancy foreign, cultural and social.

21. Deadbeat says:

Trump exposes the Left. The Left is controlled opposition. They are enablers of the entire system. The elites screw the working and middle class then the Left is there to temper the anger of the working and middle classes while promoting Keynesian solutions that further enrich the elites with debt based “recoveries”. The system is based on usury. Now you can understand why Christ became violent against the moneychangers.

22. AMD_Afficionado says:

Economically patriotic union rank-and-file?! Where?

Where I’m at was once a proud industrial area. The unions killed it, with their ever-increasing extortion. All of it. Now we’re blowing up the once-grand factories and building McMansions on their sites for white-collar liberal federal employees and those McMansions are being built almost entirely by non-unionized illegals.

How can a people who have voted in openly socialist liberal democrats for decades now be “economically patriotic”? Hopefully they will vote for Trump and he’ll be able to undo all the damage to the country that those unioners caused.

• Gail Combs says:

The unions were taken over a hundred years ago by the communists.

One who observed and understood communist tradecraft was the dean of Teachers College, William R. Russell. He was in Russia soon after the Bolsheviks seized power and spent considerable time there, working on Creel propaganda against the Germans, for the Bolsheviks, and later against the Bolsheviks. Russell described how he saw the communist tradecraft:

“The way they worked their way to the seizure of power was as follows: Talk about peace, talk about social equality, especially among those most oppressed. Talk about organization of labor, and penetrate into every labor union. Talk on soapboxes. Publish pamphlets and papers. Orate and harangue. Play on envy. Arouse jealousy. Separate class from class. Try to break down the democratic processes from within. Accustom the people to picketing, strikes, mass meetings. Constantly attack the leaders in every way possible so that the people will lose confidence. Then in time of national peril, during a war, on the occasion of a great disaster, or of a general strike, walk into the capital and seize the power. A well-organized minority can work wonders.Willing Accomplices: How KGB Covert Influence Agents Created Political Correctness and Destroyed America by Kent Clizbe former CIA

23. After so many election cycles I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, the dialogue is finally globalism vs anti-globalism, and only one candidate stands for the latter.

There’s really no other way to parse it. And the voters know it.

24. rsanchez1990 says:

Stuff like this makes me hope that, even if the GOP steals the nomination from Trump, he can attract enough Republican AND Democrat votes to beat both Hillary and GOPe shill as a third party candidate.

25. RoseD1st says:

Its about time they switched sides !

• lineabirgit says:

From my experience, there are a lot of socially conservative gun-owning rural people who vote Dem because the Repubs are always trying to get rid of SocSec and Medicare for the elderly. Nobody except the richest can realistically afford to pay out of pocket for a hip replacement when they are 70 years old. If your rebuttal is “medical insurance” than you don’t really understand how insurance works. Would you mandate that insurance companies cover the very elderly with chronic condition… Obamacare 2.0?

As always, apologies to the true-believers awaiting the Libertarian Utopia.

26. myopiafree says:

The Democrats shit on the coal workers. Then they call them white racists. Then they caused them to lose their job – union or no union. The their jobs get shipped to Mexico. Then they get un-employment. ( Have been out of work – it not fun. ) How much more liberal bull-shit can these workers take from Hillary (who get $$$$ from Wall street) and claims she is “against it”. How much longer with these workers “take it”. Trump will ask them ….

27. Pingback: Labor Union Leadership “Freaking Out” as Membership Supports Donald Trump… | Rifleman III Journal

28. lastConservinIllinois? says:

Anybody know a decent flip house in Cleveland?
    I can’t take it anymore, I’m making plans to go hang out during the convention.

The Hyatt Regency looks like fair-to-middlin’ digs.

• Trust No One says:

Try AirBNB maybe someone might be looking to get out of town to avoid convention traffic, etc.

• lineabirgit says:

My prediction, Cleveland will attract all the usual suspects: BLM and all the assorted far Left groups. They will be out in full-force like never before. Nobody likes Hillary except party insiders, the globalist puppet-masters, and middle-aged government workers. For the Dem party, this election needs to be about stopping Trump so he will be demonized to turn out the vote which will ratchet up the anti-Trump demonstrations. I believe the Anarchists will be out in full force too so expect some actual property destruction.

• Kent says:

Like a bad cold, they’re coming.

Certain elements in my workplace are already tuned in to the dog-whistles…

Trump WILL be demonized.

Hail…they’re demonizing me already for being a Trumpster….and that I think Obama is THE SORRIEST POTUS EVER makes me a racist in their eyes….nothing to do with his policies?

Nope…racist.

Anarchy from the lefties and distortion from MSM…they’ll try to blame Trump/supporters for what could very well be incidents of violence…that IS coming…..

29. rinokiller says:

Revolt (s ) in the making!

30. Kent says:

I am union…and I’m voting Trump.

From almost the very first day I’ve been with Trump….come to think of it I’ve been with Trump for many many years…he just hadn’t announced that he’s going to be our next POTUS yet.

Trump 2016….America 2016.

31. zombietimeshare says:

So, who is out of touch the rank and file union members or their, so called, leadership?

32. whodoneit says:

Hey – union members are tired of getting robbed and screwed over – and their seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

33. REMEMBER THIS IN DARK MOMENTS: Our union and production workers are ALPHAs – both male and female – who will NEVER let up or shrink in the face of adversity. The GOPe-Media-Union “leaders” are bullies and extortionists who are blustering, blathering cowards who run for cover when confronted. We will run them out on a rail!

34. Dixie says:

This has been a most enlightening and informative thread….my thanks to Sundance and all the commenters.

35. From a Bernie supporter on the HuffPo blog’s comment section:
    “Hillary is bought and paid for by Wall Street and is held in thrall by her billionaire puppet masters like George Soros. Bernie was our best hope, but he was hamstrung from the beginning by Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC. As much as I hate to say it, it looks like we will have to hold our nose and vote for Trump to give Main Street America a fighting chance.”

36. JAS says:

The editor’s note at the bottom of the article says everything I need to know about the huffpost:

“Editor’s note: Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.”

• DelAware says:

Never did understand that “editor’s note.” So is PuffHo asserting that 1.6 billion Muslims should come to the US? If not, then who should and shouldn’t come? I’m sure they have some sort of perspective on that.

But no, better to pretend to be open borders…because in fact they are pro-global-NWO ho’s of the elites. I’m willing to bet that Arianna herself wouldn’t open her vast houses, lands, and yachts to dozens of Muzzies. But because Trump sets a boundary, like a good dad and citizen, somehow he’s Satan.

What a bunch of liars they are.

37. KY Headhunter says:

First time to post on this site.

My father is a eastern KY democrat; blue collar union. Worked at the big truck Ford plant in Louisville. Has always – always voted democrat. He is a Trump supporter. Think of the number of people in the US who are thinking just like my father.

38. Trump breaks up this nice, cozy relationship between big government, big media, and big business.