Ohio Poll: Donald Trump 38%, John Kasich 35%, Ted Cruz 15%…

Ohio is Governor John Kasich’s home state, and he should do very well there while he controls the Republican apparatus.  (full pdf below)

OHIO – […] The bottom has really fallen out on Marco Rubio’s image. For much of the year he’s been among the best liked of the Republican candidates, even if he wasn’t voters’ first choice. Now he’s the least popular candidate, with only 33% of voters seeing him favorable to 51% who have an unfavorable opinion. Even when you combine first and second choices Rubio’s still in a distant last place with 22% to 55% for Kasich, 46% for Trump, and 28% for Cruz.

One of the biggest stories in the GOP Presidential race last week was Mitt Romney’s big anti-Trump speech but we find Romney is very unpopular with the Republican base and that the speech thus likely didn’t do much to hurt Trump. In Ohio just 33% of GOP voters see Romney favorably, to 50% with a negative opinion. In fact if voters had to pick just between Romney and Trump to be their candidate this fall, Trump wins out 52/36. That’s a wider margin than Trump gets head to head against either Cruz (47/41) or Rubio (51/41).

A piece of particularly good news for Trump in this poll is that he does have the most committed supporters. 80% of his voters say that they’ll ‘definitely’ vote for him compared to 71% for Cruz, 58% for Kasich, and 52% for Rubio. Trump has always done well among voters who make up their minds earlier, and that’s reflected in this finding. It might also mean he doesn’t have much room to grow though, raising the possibility of Kasich overtaking him.  (read more)

trump hard hat

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, media bias, Ted Cruz. Bookmark the permalink.

188 Responses to Ohio Poll: Donald Trump 38%, John Kasich 35%, Ted Cruz 15%…

1. D.Trump better pick up on the spending to protect himself in OH, FL, MI etc, as the GOPe Oligarchs are dropping millions of dollars in attack-ads. Following is from Pat Buchanan today:

From P.Buchanan:
    —-“Answer: It is possible, and we shall know by midnight, March 15. If Trump loses Florida and Ohio, winner-take-all primaries, he would likely fall short of the 1,237 delegates needed for nomination on the first ballot.

How could the anti-Trump forces defeat him in Ohio, Florida and Illinois? With the same tactics used to shrink Trump’s victory margins in Virginia, Louisiana and Kentucky to well below what polls had predicted.

In every primary upcoming, Trump is under a ceaseless barrage of attack ads on radio, TV, cable and social media, paid for by super PACs with hoards of cash funneled in by oligarchs.

But Trump, who is self-funding his campaign, has spent next to nothing on ads answering these attacks, or promoting himself or his issues. He has relied almost exclusively on free media.

Yet no amount of free media can match the shellfire falling on him every hour of every day in every primary state.

Our Principles PAC, backed by Nebraska’s billionaire Ricketts family, has poured millions into trashing Trump. American Future Fund is dumping $1.75 million in Florida this week; Club for Growth $1.5 million.

Hedge-fund billionaire Paul Singer is backing the Conservative Solutions PAC, which has dumped millions into anti-Trump ads and plans to spend more than $7 million between March 1 and 15, with $4 million of that going into Florida. The super PAC pile-on is unprecedented.

How well Trump fares in Michigan and Mississippi, measured against how well he was doing in polls last week, will reveal just how successful super PAC savagery has been in changing hearts and minds.

Can millionaires and billionaires who back open borders, mass immigration, globalization and the disappearance of nation states into transnational collectives overwhelm with their millions spent in ads the patriotic movements that arose this year to the wonderment of America and the world?

Has that proud 18th century boast of Americans, “Here, sir, the people rule!” given way to the rule of the oligarchs?”————-

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/the-oligarchs-super-pac-anti-trump-savagery/#QBDgYGXWKAaGs0jA.99

• John says:

People don’t watch a whole lot of TV anymore. The only thing they can do is scare old people to change their vote with TV ads. It might work this cycle but it’s coming to an end.

They are trying to corral the stampede. Hence the appearance of Rush this weekend. Maybe all the kings horses and all the kings men can put the Republican party back again….. but I have serious doubts.

If the RNC and the DNC somehow hold the fort against Trump and Sanders then expect some midnight legislation controlling and limiting internet speech to be passed sometime next year. The NFL is getting boring.

• tempo150101 says:

Remember that Netanyahu speech where there was 45 seconds of silence? It got your attention.

The radio ads in Iowa were wall-to-wall in December. It was all noise. Trump could stand out with 30 seconds of dead air ending with, “Why are these corrupt Republican Billionaire crony capitalists spending $50 million to fight me? You know why.”

• BG says:

That hasn’t happened, at least not yet. The idea Trump is doing badly now is flat-out wrong. In fact, Trump’s support is a floor, not a ceiling, as the commitment indicators show.

As Nate Cohn pointed out in the NYT yesterday, Trump did just as well last Saturday as he did Super Tuesday, but Rubio has completely melted down, with at least half of his support going to Cruz.

Latest polls in Michigan show Trump comfortably ahead of Kasich and Cruz, and they’re probably accurate given that Rubio is under 10%.

2. fnn says:

A guy (Kasich) who supports TPP shouldn’t be in a statistical tie for first place in OHIO-even if that’s his home state.

• WSB says:

I just saw that Rubio’s team is advising that he get out of the race BEFORE Florida, so he doesn’t further damage his ‘so called’ reputation. What would that do for both Florida and Ohio? Anything?

3. tellthetruth2016 says:

Does anyone have any updated info on the very confusing Ohio ballet ???????? Per video from ivoter

• tempo150101 says:

Unless they changed things, I don’t think there is an Ohio “ballot” per se. Every county has its own systems. Some counties like Franklin (Columbus) use electronic machines with an audit tape, other counties like Hamilton (Cincinnati) use paper ballots that are scanned.

• Buckeye Heathen says:

Several years ago ,Ohio made the $115 million statewide switch to e-voting, it passed a law that all voting methods, including touch screens, must also generate a paper trail. It’s printed when you decide to cast the ballot.

Also I voted early this primary and the ballot was no more “confusing” than it ever was in the past. I don’t believe the ivoter video.

4. NHVoter says:

Karl Rove & a group of tech CEOs & members of Congress including Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Ben Sasse, Rob Portman, Cory Gardner & Tom Cotton held a stop Trump forum.

5. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

I’ll be out working for Trump this weekend … GO Trump🙂 and down with Kasich😦

6. timmihendrix says:

So in a hypothetical Trump v. Kasich matchup

Trump would get 0% of Kasich supporters
    (seems obvious) however…
    Kasich would get 7% of Trump supporters????

7. citizen817 says:

Trump train just keeps on rolling! Looking impossible to stop.

8. Justice_099 says:

After this:

GOPe Announce Plans To Go “Full Mississippi” on Donald Trump To Destroy Him

McDaniels (the subject of the “full Mississippi” reference) endorsed the newest establishment puppet, Ted Cruz.

9. Flame says:

The world politicians and Trump
    Well known and loved Russian writer Mikhail Veller about Trump:
    “… I think that if Trump becomes president, it will be perfectly fine. He does not play political games, he is not obliged to any group, neither economic nor political.
    All he says is dictated solely elementary common sense that politicians has long been forgotten.
    Napoleon formulated: “Politics – it is common sense in the addition to the great achievement.”
    Today, politicians on the world platform, in general, not even in sight.
    Instead of common sense – some arrogance, intrigue and working off some strange ideology.”

10. “Illegal immigrants are “a critical part of our society” and should be provided a route to amnesty, Republican presidential candidate John Kasich tells a coalition of Hispanic company executives.”

The only thing Kasich is going to bless is our pocket books to pay for them.

“GOP presidential candidate Ohio Gov. John Kasich came out in support of the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement”

Kasich still supports TPP even after this: “Ohio lost 112,500 jobs due to trade with TPP countries”

• aintbuyingit says:

Thank goodness you put that link there to the Cleveland.com article. I saw it yesterday, then this morning, I did a search for it on their website with all of the appropriate key words and NOTHIN CAME UP! Commenting appears to gone once I found the article, too. Cleveland.com/Plain Dealer is such a rag.

Trump needs to hammer this before Tuesday. Kasich = coddled illegals and even more job loss for citizens.

11. kinthenorthwest says:

New York Poll

12. Ma'iingankwe says:

I cannot understand how Kasich is doing so well in his state. His people know exactly how he has been. Lying, and what he has said about immigration and for amnesty. How he has belittled Moms who homeschool their children, and is for Core education. He is for open and free trade with us getting the worse part of the deals. He has said nothing on the company in his state moving to Mexico and 1,400 people losing their jobs.
    I’m sorry, but I just don’t get it unless the people there are happy with the establishment rule and disregard for the people, and even that doesn’t make any sense to me.
    Cruz and Rubio are not doing very well there at all. Trump is the only one even close to Kasich and may come out a tiny bit ahead, or may not at all.
    This is starting to really get me all upset. Somehow I wish I could show and finally convince people that Trump is for our best interest, and not to believe all the smears and lies. Unfortunately, I seem to be failing in that. People just do not want to listen. They even believe the kkk bs. How can anyone believe that? And yet they do. I’m sorry guys, but I’m trying I really am, but it has begun to take a toll on me. I’m thinking a few days off might be best, but who am I kidding? It would kill me not to see Tuesday’s results. Plus, I cannot sit quietly if I hear someone bashing Trump.
    I hope with all of my being that Trump wins all of the delegates he needs to win nomination. I really believe he can, but he has a heck of a fight from every direction, and seeing him lose votes, which I never thought possible at the rate he has. He will never lose my vote.
    I know I’ve rambled on, and on my phone, I am unable to go to the top and correct any mistakes, or delete anything to make it shorter. So I apologize. Sometimes you just have to get it off your chest. Thank you for your patience if you made it this far in reading. God Bless. Be well and stay strong.
    Ma’iingankwe

• Dennis says:

I agree with you, but I’m from Arizona and I cannot figure out how John McCain has been in elected office since the Spanish-American war.

• Rev21v3n4 says:

The trouble with Ohio is Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati. Their voting usually supersedes the rest of the state. All 3 cities are entrenched hotbeds of liberalism, crony Democrats and carry way more weight than they should. We also have Senators Rob Portman (R) (detailed on this site many times as one of the architects for the “Mississippi” betrayal) and Sherrod Brown (D). Not good. Last statewide election, the Rs pretty much swept the state, and almost all of them have proven to be RINOs.

Kasich has built a lot of animosity for the very things you name, but he will have the D side invested in him vs. Trump. These are all just my opinions. I’m in Columbus area and have often felt like a Lone Ranger. Am really hoping the grassroots effort to elect Trump will pull the election out from under the feet of the establishment who desperately need a win here.

• In The Vine says:

Hello… I just read your post as someone who is also a supporter of Trump. And, it seems to me that you’re very much hurt about the smears and lies about Trump.

Please people as a fellow child of GOD, please let me say this: what we are experiencing during this presidential election season is like nothing we’ve ever seen before in our time.

I just want all of us to know that we the children of GOD, and many of us Trump supporters must remain steadfast in what is one of the greatest battles of our time.

And, in doing so, we must always remember that the battle is not ours it is the LORD’S. And, HE has never lost a battle.

Scriptural reference to pray for DJT:
      1. The battle is the LORD’S. II Chronicles 20.
      2. Eph. 3:20: HE is Able to do exceedingly above all that we can think of imagine.
      3. Hezekiah and Sennacherib II Chronicles 32. Where the LORD had him build a wall.
      4. The four leprous men sitting at the gate in II Kings 7. The surrounding army fled after they heard a legion as these four men went to the enemy’s camp out of desperation for food and water and found no one there. They faithfully returned to the City Gate to tell the King of the LORD working in mysterious ways.

Let me share what I’ve been doing… I have written down all the names of the States having GOP contests next Tuesday and I bring my list to The LORD in prayer.

If you are not sure how to use pray, just ask, “Father GOD send Your Holy Angels to every polling station, every precinct and every voting machine and ballot.”

In the Name of the LORD JESUS CHRIST, Amen.

13. Ma'iingankwe says:

I cannot understand how Kasich is doing so well in his state. His people know exactly how he has been lying, and what he has said about immigration and for amnesty. How he has belittled Moms who homeschool their children, and is for Common Core education. He is for open and free trade with us getting the worse part of the deals. He has said nothing on the company in his state moving to Mexico and 1,400 people losing their jobs.
    Ma’iingankwe

14. wodiej says:

Is Ohio the low IQ capital or what? Grow a brain there would you.

• aintbuyingit says:

Excuse me?

• Rev21v3n4 says:

Thanks for lumping all of us Ohioans into the same stupid. Not all of us are brain dead. Some of us work very hard to educate the rest of the dumb hicks who live here. But, then, we also have to deal with entrenched libbies who own a very large portion of the state. You ever been able to change a liberal’s mind? Uh huh, practically impossible. But thanks for checking in with us–we’ll keep plugging away.

15. Reblogged this on Exposing Modern Mugwumps and commented:

Better be praying on this one

16. Michael says:

Early voting in Ohio started today. In SW Ohio Trump ground game is anemic at best. Those of us volunteering are in large part on our own. I am disappointed by this. However my experience leads me to believe a lot of Buckeyes will vote Trump in private yet not want to declare public support. If you EV in Ohio be sure to study the ballot as in Clermont Co at the least you must vote TWICE. Elsewhere I cannot say.

• Janie M. says:

Michael, I believe there are a number of “closet” Trump voters that will not openly declare their support for him (but will give him their votes) because they will face hostility from the cruzbots, et al in their families, friends, etc. They will do what they can to keep the peace. Not saying it’s right but I understand.

17. wilberne D. Roche says:

Brain dead ohio , if not for your ignorance Trump would have clinched the nomination ,
    Stooges voted for lying, two-faced, tool of the establishment Kasich,
    Lose more jobs, give amnesty to illegals, & he wants TPP ,what an A$$#@!E