NBC/WSJ Michigan Poll – Donald Trump 41%, Ted Cruz 22%, Marco Rubio 17%…

The bad news is this poll (full pdf below) comes promoted by NBC/WSJ via Mark Murray.  The good news is they purchased the poll from Marist Polling, a more reliable source than prior NBC/WSJ sources (public relations firms).

However, all of that being said, the most recent polling has been substantively wrong when compared to primary election results.

It’s actually a little surprising that John Kasich would not be doing better in Michigan than these results reflect.  The ‘Open’ Primary Election is Tuesday, March 8th and there are 59 Delegates proportionally available in a ‘winner-take-most’ outcome.

The polling sample is not very strong, the internals are modest and the crosstabs are not very comprehensive.  However, the raw data included appears solid, if the contacted voters are valid.

trump vegas 2

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz. Bookmark the permalink.

251 Responses to NBC/WSJ Michigan Poll – Donald Trump 41%, Ted Cruz 22%, Marco Rubio 17%…

1. Martin says:

Still have to go out and vote for Trump, Michigan. He should win this state.

2. NHVoter says:

Oh hell no. Cruz will not win Florida.

• Martin says:

It’s possible since it’s a closed primary, but I expect Trump to win Florida.

• PhillyGirl says:

Well, people then better register as Republicans if they want to vote. I’m an independent and that’s what I needed to do to vote in PA

• Concerned Virginian says:

I expect so also; however, is there any truth behind the http://www.thehill.com/ article with Ted Cruz saying the media has a lot of negative things they’re going to drop on Donald Trump?

• sandraopines says:

There is a shock more incoming missiles of earth shattering proportions such as the KKK guy. I can hardly wait……………………..

They will not stop!

• B Church says:

After everything we’ve seen so far, what could it possibly be? Unless Donald was secretly a serial killer in his youth, it won’t mean anything. But I am worried about this continuing series of coordinated ambushes (also known as debates), which will eventually begin to do real harm, if they haven’t already. I am also worried about election fraud, because I don’t put anything past these people.

• cycle1 says:

They’re circulating an interview back in 2003 with that shock jock guy. I think Trump’s daughter will come out and defend him . Trump definitely didn’t mean any harm he just said something to quickly in an interview. I don’t want to draw too much attention to it but I think you guys might know what I’m talking about . Maybe his daughter already came out and defended him I don’t know but I think she will. Howard stern was the shack Jock’s name

• cycle1 says:

I don’t want to post it because it’s bad news but then we should be prepared on how to respond to people. What I tell people is his daughter will come out to defend him that he didn’t mean anything mean or malicious. It was an interview with his daughter Ivanka and Howard Stern

• Joe's Dad says:

It shouldn’t do any harm if everybody’ll WAKE UP & smell the lies, deceit, fraud, corruption that IS the MSM/Establishment/Uniparty

• Gail Combs says:

Dropping things like this old story?

That is so HORRIBLE, I mean a billionaire actually stopping and defeating an attack on one of the Unwashed? Where is his sense of duty to his station in life!

• MacKenzie says:

Logic dictates that if anything legitimate were out there, it would have been employed in advance of Super Tuesday and certainly before Super Saturday. It makes no sense to delay beyond those dates and allow Trump to continue amassing large numbers of delegates.

Also, consider how over-the-top they all were on the incredibly weak KKK thing. That they acted that way on the flimsiest charge suggests that kind of stuff is all they have. In other words, all they have now is are new “attack opportunities” that arise in realtime if Trump creates them by stumbling over his words or reacting poorly to some emerging event (the way McCain did late in his campaign when the economy began its high-speed meltdown).

• lecombatblog says:

Psyops – Dan Gabriel is ex-CIA/Goldman Sachs who works for Cruz & thought to be the guy who said Carson was dropping out in Iowa before the caucus vote.

Trump has been in the public eye for decades. Mountains have been turned over to find anything on him & have nothing except lies they make up.

Cruz is my senator & I’m disgusted by him.

• jerrydon10 says:

Personally, I do not see what they might drop on him that they have not. It has been all out war against our candidate…..if there were more ammo it would have been used. I think that is just another CruzBot warning that you better vote Cruz because its going to get rough for Trump…..Yawn…

• SharonKinDC says:

When tedcruz speaks re Trump, it’s a lie. 100% consistent.

• Raffaella says:

BEST ANALYSIS OF FLORIDA PRIMARY AND WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN:

After last night, is there any way realistically that Trump doesn’t win Florida?

• El Torito says:

Way to really stick your neck out. Newt. I predict the sun will rise. Wow.

• Martin says:

I don’t trust Newt.

• singtune says:

Newt has ALWAYS been ESTABLISHMENT~~~with a Capitol “E”~~!

• Bull Durham says:

He’s hedging all his bets with both sides, with all cable networks and for a book deal to the highest bidder. He’s all whore. Smart as anyone, good analyst, a whore for money. Married up. But still a whore. (to all whores, I hope you don’t take offense. We really have to find a better word that doesn’t insult honest working folks). Sellout is so weak. Judas is too specific a traitorous act. So everyone understands the willing submission for money of political people who roll for the dough, or drop to their knees to please.

Newt apparently is working the nearest street corner.

• jedimastertrump says:

Come on now….Newt is no longer a Politician politician. He is now a commentator. If he doesn’t give some provocative analysis along with the thoughtful, he won’t get many gigs.

That being said…Every one of you who can vote better vote. We need a margin large enough to overcome voter fraud from the party.

• MacKenzie says:

New term other than “wh*re” for someone who hedges his bets, etc.?

How about “hedge fund manager?”

• Rudy Bowen says:

I would like for this loser to just get lost. ‘Given momentum’ my azz.

• Luck is not all says:

Momentum, what momentum? Winning two caucases? Trump won the big ones. Gingrich is collaborating with the media hype. Who knows why.

• truthseekerr says:

I can’t believe Newt posted this. Cruz is just hypnotizing the media and politicians with his mirror scripted answers. DOES ANY FOOL THINK HE CAN BEAT HILLARY? He wasn’t born in the USA AND WORKED FOR W BUSH. BAM IT’S OVER. HILLARY AND OBAMA WILL STILL BE REIGNING FOR 8 MORE YEARS

• jedimastertrump says:

ask yourself one thing.

If you are in a state that votes tomorrow, which motivates you more to vote?

A) Your candidate is way ahead and looks like he has it in the bag.

B) Your candidate is ahead but the other candidates are closing.

C) Your candidate is behind but looks to be closing fast.

D) Your candidate is behind and has no chance.

C is the biggest motivator.
        B is a close second.

Get your ass out to vote and don’t you dare assume Trump has it in the bag or they are going to steal this right out from under us.

• Athena the Warrior says:

The same Florida full of New Yorkers, New Jerseyites, etc. after Teddy’s attack on NY Values? I’d be shocked.

3. francesmuldoon says:

I don’t know if this has been posted yet but it sounds troubling…
    Cruz: Media is sitting on bombshells about Donald Trump

QUOTE: Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) said on Sunday that the media is sitting on explosive negative information about front-runner Donald Trump with plans to run it later in the year to tear the candidate apart. – END QUOTE

• james23 says:

Time to start hitting back, hard

• ECM says:

Oh please: if this info existed, Cruz and the GOPe would be using it now.

• rumpole2 says:

I think he is referring to same old same old.. tax returns, the imaginary gotcha stuff (off the record) with NYT, KKK, Trump Univerrsity etc etc.
        Lyin’ Ted and Little Marco are like a pair of little wire-haired terrier dogs that keep humping away at Trumps leg. Trump just needs to give them a (gentle) kick.

• parteagirl says:

Innuendo. That’s all they have left.

• francesmuldoon says:

I don’t think so….the timing, if the info is real coincides with the convention. If they really have something that would be the perfect time to release it…forcing a brokered convention if Trump is driven from the race.

Hopefully his people see the article and can start damage control if something really does exist.

• MacKenzie says:

One of the great rules of politics followed by the smartest of people is that you simply don’t run if you know that you have an enormous skeleton remaining in your closet. I assume Trump is among the smartest of people.

• Martin says:

What is this “negative” information the press is sitting on, Cruz?

• hocuspocus13 says:

If the media had a “bombshell” on Trump they would have put it out there already

The only “bombshell” there is is Ted Cruz’s Birth Certificate that he conveniently sealed from the public

• gellieba says:

Now is the time to go after lying Cruz and his sealed documents.
        so it is fair play for Mr.Trump to disclose 100-page financial info and also to request years of ITR when lying Cruz has critical info sealed in Canada.
        Lying Cruz has had a free pass on this and it’s time for action.
        The charlatan has to prove his eligibility to run for POTUS.
        Enough of this nonsense.

• truthseekerr says:

The debates are the problem. They are all set-up to tear down Trump. America needs to wake up and stop watching Fox and CNN.

• brcajun says:

I am wondering why Trump shrugs off a question and go after Cruz about those sealed Birth Certicates and he acted just like Obama did just before campaigning? What is your answer Mr. Cruz? Why hasn’t Trump done this? I am so stunned he has not gone that route simply by saying you should have nothing to hide, show it to the American voters now!

• cycle1 says:

I just heard about this from my sister she was on one of the other guys sites and she heard about a video I mention a few posts above it was an interview with Howard Stern and Ivanka Donald in 2003. Have you guys heard about this because we have to know how to address it with people asking questions? I know the videos not a fake either I actually found excerpts from it…

• cycle1 says:

Maybe ask Sundance if he’s addressed this before. I don’t want to post anything bad about Donald but we have to be ready…

• MfM says:

Ivanka was a model at 15/16, so obviously was a beautiful young woman. This is not news it has been brought up repeatedly since Trump announced.

While it sounds creepy from what I remember listening to it last summer the worst he said was if he wasn’t her father maybe he’d be dating her. Sounded like pride in his beautiful daughter.

• Stringy theory says:

Cruz pushing this tells me it’s BS and a transparent effort to depress turnout for Trump. Ignore it.

• Deb says:

Yes, this is Cruz’s counter to the argument that Cruz is not electable, to imply that Trump can’t win the general because of the press.

It’s false. Honestly, they’ve been calling him Hitler for answers. What more could they do?

• LW says:

Yawn….. Cruz’s bombshells are getting old. Trump needs to start the same rumors about Cruz. While he’s at it, he should insist that Cruz unseals his records.

• Nan says:

Trump has been in the public eye for decades, and he’s dealt with everyone from trial lawyers to Hollywood celebrities. I seriously doubt they could have something “explosive” from before this campaign that wouldn’t have come out before the campaign. And considering that he’s obviously been planning this run for a while, even if he was the biggest scumbag in the world, he’d have to have taken leave of his senses to give anything to anybody that could be used in this way. Sounds like more empty threats.

• Raffaella says:

This is BS and Cruz knows it. He spreads lies.

Why would these media people tell Cruz of all people that they are sitting on bombshell? No body likes Cruz and no one would tell him anything.

• hocuspocus13 says:

Cruz wants to take the “bombshell” spotlight off of himself

• LaVonne says:

This is the work of Jeff Roe the scumbag that Cruz hired. Just research Jeff Roe and you will see just what kind of scumbag things Jeff Roe does and you will see evidence of his fingerprints all over all the scumbag things Cruz has done. Birds of a feather flock together. Cruz has sold his soul for a mess of pottage just like Esau in the bible sold his birthright for a mess of pottage.

• Raffaella says:

You are correct. I actually saw a news short program about this guy. He is truly scary and very dirty. He is Carl Rove 2.0.

• parteagirl says:

Jeff Roe is known for whisper campaigns, raising doubts and questions about someone without any details, just innuendo.

• I also have heard of the scorched earth tactics Jeff Roe uses. He is from KC,MO. and I have heard him referred as Cruz’s campaign manager. He used these tactics against Dr. Carson, then Trump, Kasack, and now Marco I used to like Cruz but no more, it’s TRUMP, a fearless fighter successful businessman. He cannot be controlled by the Washington establishment or either party.

• rumpole2 says:

NEVER trust a man who eats his own boogers in public, especially if he does it on live tv, and more so if its a Presidential debate.

Booger eating sure as hell don’t “look Presidential”

Lyin’ Ted Cruz

• Dixie says:

Even if they don’t have anything, Ted Cruz and the media will make something up. They are really making a big deal out of what they call his reversals, which aren’t really reversals but misrepresented information instead + lies.

• Dennis says:

I don’t believe it. Nothing but lies to frighten away voters. Probably RNC games created by Priebus & Rove.

• NHVoter says:

He sounds exactly like Romney here. But Cruz isn’t part of the establishment or something.

• Sanj says:

Trump has been vetted in the public for 40 years. Its all out there. He has business failures but also has a 95+% win rate vs Romneys 72%. He has opened golf clubs to Jews and minorities. He treats men and women based on merit, so there are clips of him saying the same things to women as he would to a man. There are so many people that wanted to take him down before running for office and so many lawsuits, that it would be out there. This is just typical hit and run sleaze tactics by Ted, like accusing Trump of tax fraud. Utter BS. The man has been vetted, warts and all. TRUMP2016!

• jeans2nd says:

Let’s turn this around, shall we? What bombshells might the media be holding back on Cruz, to level at just the right time to aid Clinton? And since Cruz is operating straight out of the Harry Reid/Democrat playbook, might his “proof” be as solid as Harry Reid’s was?

• researchermo says:

I will be 50 this year. I have been reading negative info about Trump for my entire cognitive life simply by standing in grocery store lines. There is not a thing out there that I haven’t seen. There are millions exactly like me, and we are educating those younger than we are (who have also, incidentally, seen negative info about Trump for their entire cognitive lives simply by standing in grocery store lines). So good luck with that. TRUMP 2016!!

• sandraopines says:

I am right there with you researchermo. I don’t remember a time of not knowing him in some capacity. I grew up with National Enquirer. 😀 Doesn’t bother me.

Trump 2016

• researchermo says:

The National Enquirer won my respect with their coverage of Bob Berdella, a serial killer who was personally known to my family and friends (strangely, I was the ONLY member of my family who never met him). I know a jeweler (sadly a rabid lib) to this day who I am surprised survived Berdella, as he was the right age, right type, and had a booth directly next to Berdella in a KC flea market back when Berdella was killing young men at a rapid pace. Their write up was very, very accurate.

• researchermo says:

Honestly I had a crush on him when I was a girl. Who wouldn’t want looks, brains, and money?? Today however, I am so happy for him that he has such a beautiful family and legacy! Meanwhile, he (and his lovely family) make me want, today, right now, to be a better person myself. To work harder, to live better, to be proud of my country and my heritage. I have a good life. What more could I possibly ask?

• Luck is not all says:

Ditto Research, and I am 78. During that time I also saw so many good things about Trump so Ted is not striking a cord with his innuendos. He is a very unsavory character, never in front , always talking behind Trumps back. He is so afraid of Trump.

• researchermo says:

Wow, you’re older than my parents, and I mean that as a compliment! I have my Mom on board, Dad is close. I surprised them tonight with the full story of LyinTed’s birth record.

Everything we’ve ever needed to know about Donald J. Trump has been paraded before us forever. Except for one thing: How hard he will fight for us. TRUMP 2016!!

• Trump/Wall says:

Liar Ted is projecting his own fate. They probably have info from Cruz’s sealed records, and/or other info, that they will trot out once Cruz is no longer useful to them.

• JRD says:

Cruz is a damn liar.

• singtune says:

There IS Nothing~~! Thank You for your CONCERN!

• Zennalou says:

Cruz is copying Trump again. Trump said the Democrats would nail Cruz over the Natural Born Citizen.

Now, Cruz is using made up, fantasy, lies, to try and scare people into thinking this fall the Democrats will have something to nail Trump.

While Trump had a valid reason, Cruz had to invent one.
      Cruz just can’t stop copying Trump, even if he has to invent problems that do not exist.

• oldschool64 says:

He could be referring to this nonsense:

It basically claims NBC bought the rights to this BBC doc where they say Trump acts like an idiot. It’s over 20 years old, and the claim is they have hundreds of hours of un-used footage.

Consider the source folks, this is the lunatic Beck!

• baldgipsy says:

Conrad Black: The sleaziest dirty tricks campaigner of modern American history, Ted Cruz

• R-C says:

Even more PsyOps. Do NOT let these people get into your heads!

I mean, really…YA THINK somebody is putting together ‘opposition research’ on other candidates? Well, there is a real surprise…(not.).

Cruz ought to be worried about what Trump has gathered–on HIM.

• benY says:

Cruz is a lying, sleazy, despicable P.O.S. He’s using scare tactics and trying to trade off the NYT tape story, with a “there is something there”. If there was something there they would have splattered it on every front page they could find.

• feralcatsblog says:

How about this – the media is sitting on explosive information that Cruz has been molesting his own daughters – both of them – and plans to run it later in the year to tear the candidate apart.

• Luck is not all says:

Lying Ted. I don’t believe a word of what Cruz says. I dont know how Cruz looks at the mirror every morning. His face is getting more distorted in direct relation to his lies.

• TheTorch says:

Here we go again. This guy might as well have LIAR written on his forehead.

You can see what he is doing – throws out something unsubstantiated, to create confusion and suspicion. I am actually sick and tired of this guys BS.

He did the same thing with the NYT tape, which turned out to be a nothing burger, and even denied by the NYT.

Cruz is a pathological liar. He has created the image of saintly Cruz, the Christian conservative who prays at every opportunity. A lot of evangelicals / conservatives have bought into this. So when he lies, it gets masked by this image he has created, so his followers can’t see it for what it is. You see how clever and duplicitous that is ?

I used to work with a colleague many years ago, and he always told me that one of the most difficult things to deal with in a working environment or life in general is when you are dealing with a liar, because even if you call them out on it, unless you can prove otherwise, they can get away with it, at least long enough, to do the damage. He is absolutely right about this, dealing with a liar is a nightmare.

This would be my advice to Trump – and I really hope someone in his campaign starts doing it. There is no point getting in the weeds with people like this, because that is exactly what they want you to do, it just distracts you from your core message and once they have mudded the waters so to speak, then they will simply move on to the next lie.

So you need to rise above it. Yes you can call them a liar, but unless you are able to tear down the fraudulent saintly conservative image he has created, it will only work to a point. However, you can do something else. You hit this guy over the head in every key primary state with nothing but positive Ads, do not go negative, no point, just go 100% positive. Start spending serious money. Stay above the nonsense, and let him drown in his own lies, which he eventually will, because he will expose himself by his own deeds.

Just look at the circus which is now a debate – all the others do is throw out all sorts of lies and hope something sticks. The whole thing is a joke, from the moderators to the candidates. There is no win in this situation, unless you don’t fall for the bait.

I fully appreciate Trump will be Trump and will hit back hard, if prodded, but with regard to the primary states, like Florida for example, just go 100% positive and blanket the airwaves.

Negative ads can only work if they blanket the airwaves continually and up until election day. A positive ad will work much better if promoted with the same force, and also exposes the others for using such negative methods. It allows you to stand out and rise above it.

• jedimastertrump says:

TED CRUZ: THERE IS A BOMBSHELL IN TRUMP’S TAXES
        TED CRUZ: THERE IS A BOMBSHELL IN TRUMP’S NYT INTERVIEW
        TED CRUZ: THERE IS A BOMBSHELL THE MEDIA IS HIDING ABOUT TRUMP
        TED CRUZ: I WILL CARPET BOMBSHELL TRUMP WITH LIE AFTER LIE AFTER LIE!

• scott says:

And the same can be said about the media holding back bombshells on Cruz too. Speculation doesn’t mean it is true. Don’t fall for Romneys hunch that Trump is hiding something in his taxes. Trump should demand Ted to unseal his records first. And if Trump does show his taxes, only show the same form that Cruz and Rubio showed. They did not show their deductions, charitable contributions, etc… and neither should trump

• Bert Darrell says:

Nobody can trust Lying Cheating Cruz. He’s now borrowing a page from Harry Reid. Full of hot air. Just another underhanded way of casting doubts and distract from his ineligibility for the office of POTUS. How likely is it that somebody who’s audited every year (political revenge by someone whose place of birth was challenged by Trump?) would engage in inappropriate business? Notice that Lying C. Cruz did not dare to say that Trump did not filed tax returns. Cruz is a careful liar but a liar nevertheless. A very sick man IMHO.

• Lyin’Ted doin’ what liars do

• Joe's Dad says:

Lyin Ted. He has no problem telling lies to cover up the obvious fact that he’s going down. Ted is weak establishment, and ANY establishment candidate will fall to Cankles. Trump will destroy Shrillary. She has no chance. The Donald’s a very smart man, leagues above Ted Cruz. Cruz is only politician-smart, and the DEFINITION of politician-smart has to include lies, fraud, deceit, & corruption. Trump is successful-international-businessman-smart. I.E., REAL- WORLD SMART. The MSM, Cruz, & Cankles cannot take him down, no matter what horse hockey they throw at him. The only way he can be denied President is by fixing the votes. That’s why THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE AS A COUNTRY MUST DO IS FIGHT VOTER FRAUD.

• lo says:

Nothing could be worse than voting for the TPP as Cruz and Rubio did and attempting to pull off the gang of 8 amnesty. NOTHING.

• elena19501 says:

Cruz is the LIAR!

• SharonKinDC says:

Cruz should be more worried about his own baggage. A jew hater & gay hater endorsed him and he is so proud, he featured them on his website!

ANYTHING Cruz says regarding Trump should immediately be rejected as a lie. Unethical Ted: smearing by implication.

• flight2q says:

There’s more business stuff that will get talked about in the general election. For example, Trump allowed a developer to use his brand name on a pricey condo project in Tampa. Developer went bust, buyers lost money. The Donald got shorted on what he was supposed to be paid too. Condo buyers sued Trump, and he made them partly whole. I reckon Trump lost money on this deal. You see, Trump will settle a court case if he thinks it’s good for the Trump brand. Of course the media will spin this as just more people suing Trump because they think he ripped them off.

• As is the liberal media, if they had a bombshell about Trump, would sit on it, but also tell Ted Cruz about it? Ridiculous.

• cali says:

@francesmuldoon: Cruz is desperate attempting to plant the seed ‘doubts’ – his lawerly way – hoping that it helps him. He is as slick as he was in recruiting Justice Roberts favor during the 2000 election of G W Bush deciding n favor of Bush. Cruz is a sleaze – winning fair and square is not part of his schtick. He’s better when he lies.
      There is nothing out there about Trump that hasn’t been shown. Cruz even mentions he’s in agreement with Romney about Trumps taxes.
      All this has the whiff of the establishment!

4. james23 says:

At this point I’m not believing any polls

• Deb says:

I believe the polls that show Trump this far ahead are to stifle turnout. If his supporters think he’s got a comfortable lead they won’t work as hard to get out the vote.

• liberty2828 says:

Polls could be rigged to show better numbers for Trump…

Then he under performs to disillusion his supporters.

• scott says:

Trump has won the races when he was up by these large margins, hasn’t he? Yes a few have been close lately, but the ones where he is ahead 5-6 points are where things really turn around. Caucuses are too hard to get right. But it looks like tactical voting is taking place with Rubios voters going to Cruz. But it still would come down to it in a two man race, which is where we are pretty much at, with the exception of Ohio. We all expected Trump to sweep everything, which wasn’t smart of us to do so when he didn’t people start to panic. We shouldn’t have expected him to sweep like we did. The entire GOP/RNC/media conglomeration have been at him since Iowa, and here we are now. During the war, there will be close battles and losses, but victory is where we are heading. The only one who can stop Trump is Trump. He needs to stay away from things like what he said at the last debate on H1B visas. That is what will take votes away from him. To me, He has to stay on his original message as that is what got him where he is now.

• Joe's Dad says:

Caucuses need to be abolished for 2 main reasons.

First off, it’s an outdated concept. Before tv, internet, or even radio, it made a little more sense to have more of a social gathering around the vote so people could get informed about the candidates & platforms. But we don’t need that now. Nobody needs to just hang around talking politics. Vote and go home.

Second, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Caucus voting is done by raising your hand and/or breaking off into groups. RED FLAG! RED FLAG! THIS IS WAAAAAAAY TO BIG OF A FRAUD LIABILITY. But that’s probably why it hasn’t been abolished; DC still has an easy way to manipulate/cheat the vote in at least some states.

It’s no wonder that 3 out of 5 of Lyin Ted’s wins came from caucuses, and the other 2 came from TX & OK, which are no strangers to the “good ‘ol boys,” big oil corruption. ALSO, IN THOSE 3 CAUCUS “WINS” FOR TED, TRUMP HAD DECENT LEADS IN THE POLLS THE ENTIRE TIME. I CALL TOTAL BULLSH!T!!!

Nowadays, all a person needs to do is show up, show i.d., vote (secret ballot), then leave. That’s a primary.

5. Meezer says:

We have to “bang the drums” to get the vote out. Act like we’re down by 10 points…..

6. Katherine McCoun says:

I have been calling in MI a lot today and I would say that it is very important that we all do our part to call to Get Out the Vote if we are in another state or volunteer in person or on the phones if in the state — regardless of the polls! No more surprises on election night!

Getting too late to call in MI at this point but jump and help tomorrow. You can email below tonight to get set up in the system so you ready to go!
    Michigan/8th, 59 delegates/proportional
    —CJ Galdes (616) 821-6389 cjgaldes@donaldtrump.com

By the way, I am calling in HI tonight and the people there are very nice.

7. cardinalmike says:

I find it very hard to believe that Kasich is only at 13% in Michigan. I know he tried to do a Scott Walker against the unions in Ohio, which may hurt him in Michigan but that’s all. I don’t put any stock in these polls because of what happened in Louisana. OTOH, Michigan is an open primary so that will help.

8. I recently enlisted Freud’s ghost and his vert real couch to come and help with the expected mass nervous breakdowns after President Trump is elected and inaugurated !!!

• Luck is not all says:

Great idea. The WaPo had an article about psychiatrists being overwhelmed by new clients concerned about possibility of Trump winning. They dont sleep well, they have nightmares, etc. . Of course I think its all made up but if true I Love it.

• keebler AC says:

More suicides coming soon ….. to Wall Street and Hedge Fund owners. The only people with enough money to see a psychiatrist these days are the elitists who are seeing their easy money dry up under Trump. Freud will have to walk them through the 5 steps of grief. The elitists must be pass the denial phase now – ACCEPTANCE is the next.

Trump 2016!

9. John Galt says:

Cruz has been over performing polls by 1.3 X.

• roberto says:

yeah he is getting illegal help that’s why.

• rumpole2 says:

So Lyin’ Ted has lyin’ voters who tell lies to pollsters.
      Or
      Election results are falsified
      Or
      both

• I like how the Maine R bosses did it for their caucus.. Come out with one early tally of 600 votes for Cruz and 400 votes for Trump and then no more news for hours until they announce 8000 votes for Cruz and 6000 votes for Trump. Voila!! See how that happens..just like they said at the beginning…and a lot of Bushies and partry bosses telling folks to vote for the anti-Trump. Ludicrous.
        MI will be very different as a open primary.

• viddysweet says:

I hope the people of Maine get on top of that. It was so obvious, and then they would not release precinct votes. Im upset because of this primary, but they have a real problem in that state to deal with for the future. It’s sad.

• lo says:

Yes, people are so inspired by CRUZ that they are turning out in record numbers. SURE. We’re not stupid. We see the crowds Trump has at his rallies. Those people show up in large numbers to vote for TRUMP not Cruz. We don’t believe it!

10. B-more says:

I met several Trump employees this weekend. They love him and his whole family. I heard some really cool stories about Mr. Trump thanks to the Make America Great Again T-shirt I was sporting. He is the real deal. I love him even more after I heard staff speak about the Trumps.

11. MB Miller says:

Cruz is crap and I would never vote for lying teddy.

12. pookiesmommie says:

I’m confused with the poll…can someone explain the questions on page 5? What I don’t understand is…..Trump has 40+ in the first couple of questions on page 1 & Cruz at 20+ then on page 5 if your choice is Clinton or Trump……Trump drops to 36 but the next question is between Clinton or Cruz….Cruz is up to 41….how is that possible? Do they want me to believe that Dems would cross over only if Cruz was the nominee on the Republican side? What a joke or am I missing something?

• Junebug says:

Right now Trump is getting attacked by everyone, including his own party. That drives his negatives way up. A democrat is much more likely to say they would vote for someone they have heard very little about (Cruz) than someone who they have heard a lot of negative things about (Trump). If Cruz becomes the nominee, the dems and the media will start to ferociously attack him, and his numbers against Clinton will fall. If Trump becomes the nominee, hopefully the Republicans will finally stop bashing him, and his numbers should actually improve a bit against Clinton.

• Howie says:

Poll is of 25% more democrats than republicans.

13. Martin says:

The biggest issue for Cruz going forward is can he win an OPEN primary outside his “home” state of Texas?

14. The Boss says:

Michigan is important in terms of the union vote. The union bosses are holding their fire on endorsements, so the rank and file can more easily vote their consciences. It may very well be that this time the membership signals the endorsement to the bosses – the way it’s supposed to be. And if the signal is for Trump, then lots of GOPe heads will go all splodey,

• Unions aren’t as big in Michigan as they once were but the labor unions still around hate TPA/TPP. Trump calling Cruz out on his vote for TPA to pass TPP in a TV ad would be brilliant.

• The Boss says:

True. I look at the MI unions as proxies for unions in other areas; Southern New England, New York City, NJ and parts of PA. I was amazed to see how connected some unions are with others through social media. The Teamsters and the trades are still very quiet thus far. That’s bad news for dems, good news potentially for Trump.

• scott says:

Union leaders have already admitted that the rank and file will vote for Trump. What you will see though in the media is that Unions will support Hillary. What is going on is the union leadership is voting for Hillary but the actual workers will vote for Trump.

15. giddyup says:

be sure to read the lame cherry article re: fraud in mn, kansas, and maine. explains a lot of what is going on regarding the polls vs. actual votes. be sure to click on the link at the bottom for some bombshell info.Lame Cherry: Ted Cruz is Scared
    Lame Cherry: Ted Cruz is Scared
    lamecherry.blogspot.com/2016/03/ted-cruz-is-scared.html

16. There seems to be a massive increase in the disinfo shills/trolls on this site lately. I’ve just about worn my fingers out refuting them and I guarantee I didn’t get them all.

Is there any way to stop this? This is supposed to be a safe haven from all the bullcrap lies and propaganda but it’s starting to be overrun, especially since other “conservative” (in truth fake conservative) websites like HotAir and RedState are failing so badly.

17. Raffaella says:

Cruz has shown that he cannot win any large states that hold a primary, not a caucus. He has only won his home Texas and the neighboring Oklahoma. He has only won caucusses. He has only won some of the same states that Santurum and Huchabee have won.

18. sean436 says:

Sundance, I disagree only slightly with one statement of yours “It’s actually a little surprising that John Kasich would not be doing better in Michigan than these results reflect.”

I have lived my whole life in michigan except for 8 years in the Marine Corps and can tell you that Michigan is heavy in Vets, heavy in auto workers that no longer have jobs and want them and crime in most of our major cities that is driving even the residents there completely insane. Most of us or at least 41% want someone like Trump.

• Raffaella says:

Thanks. Good info. Yes I agree. Why would the voters who want the manufacturing jobs to come back to the U.S. Vote for Kasich? I do not understand all the pundits.

• Bull Durham says:

Thank you for your service to the nation, Sean436.

• A plus is that it’s suppose to be unseasonably warm (66F) in Michigan on Tuesday, cloudy but no rain expected.

• keebler AC says:

John Kasich is Common Core, pro-Amnesty, ex-Lehman Brother fiasco, among other policy negatives.

He’s also known to be all politics, all the time, 24-7, even when dabbling in the private sector he intertwined his governorship with nebulous connections which have yet to be investigated and outed for profiteering at the expense of state coffers.

John Kasich is what I would term – an empty suit. Insiders say he has a volatile temper and prickly nature that makes him un-likable in person. He shuns and ignores people if he isn’t happy with the slightest thing – which is petty and unpresidential. He knows that he is unlikable and tries to state that he loves everyone the same. Sure, John. You’re as likable as Ted Cruz in person. Politics, 24/7 in his household. If Ohioans aren’t yet, they ought to be sick of this empty suit. If they want to see my-father-is-a-mailman for another 4 to 8 years, then go for it. Americans will despise Ohio for allowing this plague on them.

Vote for Trump, Ohio, or wait behind Louisiana, Massachusetts, Kentucky who worked much harder to get a win for America. Your jobs aren’t getting to Ohio faster with John Kasich. Vote State lines, get State treatment. That’s how it is. Simply said, if you don’t to help bake a cake don’t expect any of it later.

19. Jake says:

I’m not worried about Michigan, is OHIO, and Florida I’m worried about.

• Florida should be a Trump victory. He has been up in the polls for months. He has done many rallies there. He has massive business interests and many employees there. Finally, Florida has tremendous early voting. It can make up half of the votes! In light of Trump’s months long lead in the polls, we can presume that he has most likely been running up the score with early voting. Also, it means that many of the voters for the other candidates are already committed and cannot change their votes tactically.

• Pjcab says:

Bush was our governor in Fl ..wouldnt put anything past them and TPTB here in south fl. They would love to take FL from trump…they booted allen west in his “fishy” election loss.

20. PremAmerica says:

I see some Cruz related worry in the comments section today. Here’s a little perspective.

Up to this point there are 5 states that both Huckabee and Santorum won. Demographically, these states give Cruz the greatest advantage over Trump.

These states are: IA, KS, AL, TN, LA.

Cruz won just 2 of them (both closed caucuses.)

Cruz lost all three Primaries including blowouts in the Open Primaries.

At this point Cruz is vastly underperforming Huckabee and Santorum.

And the map gets really bad for Cruz from this point. What he gains from the fact that there are more Closed Primaries coming up, he more than loses to the fact that the Bible belt is behind us.

21. zephyrbreeze says:

I realized last night while watching 13 Hours, that it is a metaphor for the political class refusing to help Americans, and not make our situation worse. The government rulers have abandoned us. Turn their backs, turned off the phone. No one is coming.

22. keebler AC says:

There was a last minute poll in South Carolina too that showed Trump losing to Cruz.

Lesson learned: South Carolinians rallied hard to overcome the poll results.

They volunteered in groups at each poll to watch guard over Cruz cheaters and frauds with signs that said voters are being watched.

If voting is by machine – make sure to double check your vote before sending. Even take a quick photo. Cruz voters are warned that South Carolinians will be taking photos of their vote for Trump as record.

Voters did their best to take along 5 to 10 with them to vote. You can also make sure to call on voters to make sure you know at least 10 for Trump showed up to vote the night before. Or text and ask them if they’ve voted.

There will be attempted fraud which can boost Cruz’s votes by up to 15%. The higher the turn out for Trump the better because for every Trump vote, the fraudsters have to throw in one or two votes for Cruz which pushes the total turnout numbers way over what is reasonable. You may have noticed that in Louisiana, although Trump won, the differential stayed between 5000-1000 even at 10% and then at 80% reporting. This is not a normal pattern. As the number of precincts add up, the absolute difference between Trump and Cruz should have continued to grow at same rate. Even with the early ballots for Trump counted, Trump’s 49% lead should not have dropped to 41%. Cruz’s people kept padding votes for themselves so that Trump would not get more delegates.

23. keebler AC says:

Fight back at the negative Trump ads that Little Marco and Scoundrel Ted Pacs have done by asking people if they’ve seen the same ads you’ve seen and how you found out those ads are lies paid for by the .01% wealthy hedge funds scared to death of what Trump will do to their easy profits taken from the middle class hoping to invest for their own retirements. Explain the evil hedge funds are Goldman Sachs and Warren Buffett predator types. They know Warren Buffet but might not know Soros and Koch.

24. Janet Tan says:

Nice graphic and some analysis:

Credit: CuckedByTrump (https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald?)

25. scott says:

I easily see why Trump is way ahead of Kasich in Michigan. Islam in Dearbornistan, and a lack of jobs. Two of Trumps bigger planks, the biggest being illegal immigration. When they see more and more factories leaving for Mexico and China, they know who they should vote for: the one guy who says he will put an end to it.

26. ezpz says:

This may have been posted, but as for the AA vote:

Brother of slain civil rights leader Medgar Evers endorses Trump
    Bracey Harris, The Clarion-Ledger 4:55 p.m. CST March 4, 2016

27. Curry Worsham says:

Fwiw. No scientific poll in Idaho, but there is this:

28. Martin says:

29. dsp says:

Based on Cruz’s actual election results, Cruz has actually out-performed the polls in every state. Cruz lost to Trump in 12 states, but he out-perfomed his poll projections in every one. He has run a disciplined campaign, pandering to the right dupes at the right time, and is not above cheating. He has the most fanatical voter-base, seems to have picked Carson’s support, and will benefit from all of the anti-Trump tactical voting going forward. So I’m skeptical of this idea that the map is going to be very unfavorable to Cruz from here on out. That might be true in a conventional cycle. This isn’t one. The GOPe getting behind Cruz is a factor which there are some indications they are doing is something no one anticipated.

• truthseekerr says:

Yep it is the fourth quarter and the GOPe babies are whining, kicking and screaming and turning all cards over. Mitt first…that didn’t work and now Newt. Newt is being sly about it predicting Cruz will come in “1st or 2nd”. Give me a break. Just like Obama said “Trump will not be the next president”. How do these jerks know the future? FLORIDA REPUBLICANS, GET OUT AND VOTE FOR TRUMP NO MATTER WHAT.

• Howie says:

Just prior to each vote the media goes ballistic on Trump in a full assault.

30. NHVoter says:

Meanwhile none of the other candidates have served. SMH.

31. Martin says:

• NHVoter says:

That’s great but I do hope he spends some serious $ on ad buys in FL & OH.

• scott says:

Two states where the money needs to be flowing are Florida and Ohio. He wins those, it absolutely kills Rubio and Kasich for good and takes the winds out of the sails for Cruz. Mississippi and Michigan will tell us a lot before then. Looking at the States that Cruz has won, he seems to do well in the Midwest, so far, but is sucking in the South. The Northeast states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York should be very difficult for Cruz to make any headway. Illinios in the Midwest will tamp down some of Cruz’s victories in that region. Kali and its delegates should be Trumps. Win Michigan and Mississippi first, then Ohio and Florida, and the money will start to dry up for Cruz. At that point it should be very clear that money is being wasted. But Ohio and Florida are two that I think Trump needs to spend money on. Lots of adults do not have twitter or use facebook.

• lizzieintexas says:

He should have in Texas (imo).

• sam says:

Trump could do nothing in TX, the governor endorsed Cruz and did everything in his power to Cruz advantages, Early voting etc, and maybe a bit cheating we don’t know.

• Arjun says:

Texas would have been hard to win after Trump labelled Cruz the ‘Big Oil Senator’. Oil crash has that industry workers in survival mode and they sure as hell are hoping that Cruz will bail them out. Little do they realize that he is a professional whiner like Bernie.

• moosebytes says:

Does this mean he’s not spending money on an AD buy in FLA? Not a good plan if that’s indeed the case.He doesn’t need to win FLA…he HAS to win FLA. If he’s not going to fork out the capital in order to remain competitive in such an important state as this, than it’s only going to fuel the BS from Rubio that he’s really broke and living off his brands and that he’s a con artist sluffing off the voters.

• Martin says:

“If he’s not going to fork out the capital in order to remain competitive in such an important state as this, than it’s only going to fuel the BS from Rubio that he’s really broke and living off his brands and that he’s a con artist sluffing off the voters.”

Ummmm……. no.

• sam says:

Yeah I can feel Trump going to lose Ohio, close race Trump tend to not perform well plus Kasich is pretty popular in Ohio. Florida Trump going to win for sure since he got Yuge businesses in FL.

• scott says:

Hawaii is the last caucus state. If he can take that, he will have batted around .500. Not bad for a system not designed in his favor. But we know 20 point leads may not be what they appear to be!

32. dsp says:

There is nothing Trump or anyone else can do about the millions and millions in dishonest attack ads. Let’s just hope that these billionaires, the lobbyists and the big boys on Wall Street and their GOPe flaks are fighting the last war rather than the one we are actually in. Let them have their airwaves; let Trump have social media. A lot of people must not be listening to legacy media any more, or Trump never would have gotten this far. I hope that’s not wishful thinking.

• scott says:

Remember, lots of adults do not use social media. If Trump is not using TV/radio ads, then he is absolutely not reaching those people.

• Martin says:

Trump is running TV ads in Florida according to one of the treepers here.

• It would be wiser money better spent to monitor and fix the vote counting software and whatever cheating mechanisms are in place. Do both. The more people Trump brings in the more votes they steal. These historic high numbers of voters are not showing up for Cruz or Rubio nor to block Trump.

• auscitizenmom says:

Yes, I have been paying attention to the ads (I usually tune ads out completely) and the Trump are running here in Florida now.

33. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

I would love to see Trump beet Cruz and Rubio with Kasich on the bottom I do not like him even though he is my Governor.

34. trst10 says:

I come from the part of Michigan that many U.S. maps color the shade of Canada, so in my 30 years I have not voted in a national election where I really believed my vote mattered. I’m still not convinced that it will this time either, but I will be out voting in my first ever primary for Mr. Trump this Tuesday.

35. dsp says:

Mississippi is a concern. After all, the Mississippi state GOP invented … “the full Mississippi.” No telling what they have planned.

• SharonKinDC says:

That Mr. Evers endorsed Trump is huge. The walking around $ the R’s handed out to D’s, esp. if they used black D’s, may not work this time. Even if they pocket the cash and vote, they may just pull the lever for Trump and hookwink the hoodwinkers.

36. Gail Combs says:

Consider this guys. If Cruz got a Drivers licence or SS card he would have to show Birth certificate or birth record. No way in H..!! he was unaware that he was a Canadian. He just wanted to make very very sure he was not eligible for a draft!

Texas Driver License (DL) Document Requirements
    Proof of US Citizenship or Lawful Presence
    If you are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident (immigrant), refugee, asylee, or non-immigrant, you must provide proof of your lawful presence in the United States….
    ID may be delayed for up to 30 days. Examples of documents to verify lawful presence include:
    Birth certificate or birth record issued by the appropriate State Bureau of Vital Statistics or equivalent agency from a US state or local government, a US territory, or the District of Columbia….”

37. The reason the polls are different than the vote results is vote fraud. The reason double the amount of voters are coming out to vote but their votes are not registering for Trump but being shaved to another candidate is vote fraud. If we continue to ignore this the election will be stolen right from under our noses. Then everyone will say it was Romney or something off-color that Trump said or a bad debate performance or the other made-up excuses and lies to cover the fraud.

38. Vote fraud in Minnesota:

“Voter Fraud in Minnesota”

“There is literally no other way to say it; I believe I’ve found evidence of probable voter fraud in Minnesota through rigged machines. Possibly the entire primary was faked.”

“Simple summary, I’ve found evidence that I believe points to rigged machines casting votes according to numbers decided before polls even opened, which gave Rubio his win.” https://medium.com/@1e3d0077c3ca4df4b260e1ee0bceb6/voter-fraud-in-minnesota-634b488c7aa1#.atobc9xrb

39. Ted Cruz and his billionaire owner Robert Mercer: after vote fraud owns Ted’s body and soul

TED CRUZ VOTE FRAUD
    {snip}
    “Robert Mercer is a computer programmer who writes programs on internet trading in super computers to rob all of you of your investments… and somehow a Ted Cruz massive vote count took place, and these votes counted in massive numbers on computer voting……and Ted Cruz’s billionaire owner Robert Mercer just so happens to be a genius, who employs geniuses who write the most advanced codex in the world..”

“Ted Cruz is Scared, Vote Fraud done on his behalf Ted Cruz like all of these blackmailed politicians knows he is owned body and soul now, and he will do exactly as he is ordered to, more than Obamatrade and more than Obamacare. He is the whore on his knees producing that huge sucking sound.

“…what took place in Kansas and Maine is a matter of mathematical projections which are absolute. It is as Spock stated on Star Trek, “If I drop a hammer on a positive gravity planet, I need not see it fall, because the laws of gravity prove it will fall”.

“For example, Donald Trump is a simple factor of A. A multiplied by the known multiplication of GOP debates, GOP turn out in primaries, and Donald Trump events running 25 to 35,000 people, all provide a scientific formula of A is Trump, B is the multiplication factor or multiplicand and C would be the answer or product in huge numbers of people.

“So A times B equals C which is huge Trump numbers. Nowhere is C transformed in this equation to Ted Cruz victories, as he is not anywhere in the factors of A or B.

Therefore it is logically and statistically impossible for Ted Cruz to be around 28% in the polls nationwide at best, and closer to 22%, would he be able to produce 35,000 votes in Kansas for himself, when in 2012, an anti Romney surge for Rick Santorum produced only 30,000 votes.
    That same reality is in Maine where once again in the A times B equals Trump super numbers, Cruz somehow ended up with more votes in Maine, than in another anti Romney vote which went to Ron Paul.”
    FULL ARTICLE HERE: http://lamecherry.blogspot.com/2016/03/ted-cruz-is-scared.html