Current Mississippi Polling – Donald Trump 41%, Ted Cruz 17%, Marco Rubio 16%…

A solid Mississippi poll (full pdf below including crosstabs) shows candidate Donald Trump with a significant lead in the state.  [The Mississippi Primary is Tuesday March 8th]  State polling results show Donald Trump 41%, Ted Cruz 17% and Marco Rubio 16%.

MISSISSIPPI – Results from a statewide poll commissioned by Y’allPolitics and conducted by Magellan Strategies BR on Monday evening show that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton both hold commanding leads heading into next week’s presidential primaries. Remarkably, both Trump and Clinton were winning not only by wide margins, but also across most every demographic and voter type.

mississippi crosstabs 1

On the Republican side, Donald Trump appears to hold a commanding lead over his nearest rivals. His support measured 41%. Ted Cruz came in second at 17% closely followed by Marco Rubio at 16%. John Kasich and Ben Carson rounded out the field with 8% and 5% respectively. 13% of GOP voters were undecided. These results seem to track very closely with Super Tuesday results in Tennessee and Alabama.  (continue reading)

mississippi congressional districts

MISSISSIPPI – 28 delegates available to total state winner (proportionally w/minimum threshold 15%), and 3 delegates available in each of the four congressional districts (3×4 = 12) for a total of 40 available delegates.  Congressional delegates awarded based on percent of vote. If candidate gets 50% of district they get all 3 district delegates, if not winner gets 2 and second place gets 1. (link)

Here’s the full poll data:

Crosstabs:

trump vegas 2

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

185 Responses to Current Mississippi Polling – Donald Trump 41%, Ted Cruz 17%, Marco Rubio 16%…

1. Coast says:

Yeah, but if you take the 17% and add it to the 16% plus the 8%, and…..

2. TheFenian says:

Comfortable lead. Head and shoulders above Kansas.

3. GAGreene says:

We need a win in Kansas
    Wish he would have gone there tonight and tom am.

• parteagirl says:

Trump is in Wichita Kansas tomorrow morning.

• Eskie Mom says:

I wish he weren’t even going there. There are a bunch of these neo-dominionist loons & after Beck’s stunt today, it freaks me out.

I’m afraid of these people. They are a danger to themselves & anyone they ”perceive” as getting in the way of their plans. Which is everyone but them, other Christians included.

• Riddick says:

As good as KS will be, really it doesn’t matter. Math wise, Trump can get 0% of delegates in KS and still destroy the field tomorrow. Its the 8 states that no one seems to track nor understand. By tomorrow ight Trump will have 6 out of 8 if this plays out. Downhill from there…

• jd7890 says:

Can you explain as I’d really like to be more informed. i know he needs the 8 states majority – but that doesn’t mean he will get to the 1237 or whatever that delegate count is. i’ve tried to find out more about how others are doing the electoral math but i haven’t actually seen it spelled out yet.

• phil fan says:

Lots of good info on delegate counts for all GOP candidates here:

• sammyhains says:

The requirement to have their name put into nomination is at least 8 states with a majority of the delegates. That’s just the requirement to qualify.

To get the nomination, a majority of voting delegates must vote for the candidate.
          But a candidate cannot even be voted on unless they meet the 8 state requirement.

So these are 2 separate things.

Trump is at 5 of 8 states now, and they haven’t even gotten to the Winner-Takes-All states yet,.

Mississippi should be #6, and Florida should be #7. If he takes Ohio, it will be the 8th state. Trump will well surpass the threshold. It is extremely unlikely that anyone else will get close to the 8 state threshold.

And just looking at the Winner-Takes-All and Winner-Takes-Most states that Trump is leading in, he should be able to clear 1237 delegates with just 1/3 of the delegates from the remaining proportional states, and still have about 100 delegates to spare. So he could still lose Ohio’s 66 Winner-Takes-All delegates and still get past 1237.

4. Fourth of Juluau says:

My opinion: Trump is the only candidate running who isn’t an NWO globalist puppet.

Every other candidate running is an NWO shill to some degree. Cruz supporters may say he is an outsider, but his connections to the big banks and supporting TPP, as well as being the biggest AIPAC/Israel lobby shill in Washington, proves that he is very connected to the one world government/New World Order agenda.

Trump is the only one who doesn’t have direct connections to those who want to usurp the constitution and allow a global constitution/UN Bill of Wrongs to replace our Bill of Rights and cede soverignity to the UN.

• elena19501 says:

Israel has nothing to do with one world government/New world order agenda.
      Zionism is the belief that Jews should have their own nation and it is Israel.

• TheFenian says:

elena19501 –

God Bless you.

Thank you for stating that. I’m so sick of the “blame it all on the Jews” garbage that’s often vomited out. Israel (and her natural citizens) is such a wonderful nation and like America is a shining beacon for all that is good in this world.

• elena19501 says:

Thank you, I am blessed, because my sons are fine men and the Great Man is fighting for us! What else is there for happiness? For me it is safety of Israel.

• Rocky McAllister says:

two words act as an ugly lampshade to that light – Jonathan Pollard. Israel was involved at the highest levels. Unforgiveable. May Trump truly do a spring clean. Be afraid gremlins!

• Ma'iingankwe says:

The Fenian,
          I agree completely. It seems no matter what forum I visit, there is always someone blaming the Jews, Israel, etc. it makes my heart heavy when I think of Israel, a democratic society completely surrounded by counties who want to annihilate them.
          I am not Jewish, nor do I really know any Jewish people personally, but for as long as I can remember as a child, I have always loved and respected Israel. It has always been a dream to take a long journey through their beautiful country, and learn more of their history.
          I proudly wear a pin of Israel’s flag slightly below my American flag on my winter coat. I always do my best to stand for Israel and against the one’s with their hateful and vicious propaganda. It wasn’t thirty minutes ago, when I did just that. It was a little too easy though. He was blaming the Jews for being responsible for all of the refugees from the ME coming to Europe. He claims it’s the Jews plans to destroy Europe from within. I know, pretty preposterous.
          I read some of the Israelis newspapers (Israel Times (liberal slant), and Jerusalem Post to name two) on the web on a weekly basis, sometimes daily depending on what is going on. I also read Gulf News, so I can gain insight from within, and a vastly different perspective at times.

I even like the name, Israel, it has a beautiful sound.

Anyways, I will always stand with Israel, and no I will never convert to their religion. I may take some of it and incorporate it to my own beliefs, but that is all. I have no wish or desire to change who I am as a whole.

Be well and stay strong,
          Ma’iingankwe

• elena19501 says:

Ma’iingankwe
            Beautiful!
            Thank you from my bleeding Jewish soul. Bleeding because of what I read in comments on YouTube…But I think that good people slowly winning over the evil ones.
            I used to be afraid to go to Alex Jones Channel and to share it, because of the comments there. But now something changed: no more antisemitic comments. I guess Alex finally understood that: if you want to fight for truth, it you want to be on the right side of history, you don’t need Evil show it’s ugliness on your channel. Now I am watching him everyday))). And you don’t have to be Jewish to love Israel, lot’s of righteous Christians love it.

• Fourth of Juluau says:

When I say Cruz shilling for AIPAC and Israel I am not being an anti-semite blame in n the jews type.

I mean that he seems to treat Israel as our equal. They are not our equal. He is willing to shill and do the bidding for a country that is not the United States and in my mind that makes you a globalist.

• elena19501 says:

He is just using Israel mentioning it thinking that he can attract Jewish voters. This is BS. But I don’t understand your phrase “he seems to treat Israel as our equal. They are not our equal”…Israel is a only democratic country in the Middle East and fights all alone for it’s survival.Israel is useful to US too: lot’s of new technology and medical discoveries comes from there, which is for the whole world to use.

• sheree252 says:

Thank you so much for stating that!

• Suzy Kiprien says:

There are Israeli Jews or simply Jews also who are in the globalist movement. They are in it for the money. Another name for these Jews: Judenrats. They are not appreciated by mainstream Israelis and Jews as a whole.
      However, they do have money and they are influencing the younger generations. Seems they forgot their history… or simply love money to die for. Reminds me of our politicians.

• TheFenian says:

The first amendment is a great thing for sure, but how embarrassing this statement is for Donald Trump supporters in particular and decent folk in general to be reading this.

I pray it’s not used by the media as an example of “Trump supporters”, because it’s not.

Heil Suzy

• Just so we’re clear.
          Muslims are jihadist monsters, pushed by the media.
          Freddie gray, Mike brown, and Treyvon martin, are honor students, pushed by the media
          The KKK are a bunch of bigoted hoodlums, pushed by the media.
          Israel has a great big wall, doesn’t accept refugees, is against same sex marriage, and is against a jew marring an arab. This is not pushed by the media.

The CEO of CNN; Jeff Zucker……totally against Donald Trump.
          CEO of Facebook Zuckerberg……Totally against Donald Trump
          George Soros…… funding BLM…..funding Europe invasion….totally against Donald Trump
          ADL …………….Totally against Donald Trump
          Hank Paulson fmr. Sec. of the Treasury under bush, and fmr. CEO of goldman sachs, instigated QE that bailed out AIG, so Goldman could get paid, after they knowingly sold bad derivitives to the pension funds around the world

The Federal reserve refuses to be audited.

So you’re saying it’s not okay to use your own eyes to see what’s going on. Disregard the information?

The fall of the Soviet Union led by the bolshevicks,

• Should have included Bernie Sanders in the above.
            $15/hour min. wage. free health care, free college.
            Sounds great right? The other side of that ideological utopia, is a nation left in ruin.

• elena19501 says:

Israel took lots of refuges from all over the world since 1948…Read the history or google it. And why why why Israel should take in Muslims who want to kill all the Jews???
            And people you mentioned, why are you mentioning only Jews who are not supporting Trump? What about all the others, who against Trump. That is ANTISEMITISM.
            Maybe I should go away from this tree house..

• CNN influences American voters. The damage they do, can cause Trump to lose.
              But you’re right, Trump doesn’t need anything that could be used against him
              TRUMP 2016~!!!!!!!

• AmyB says:

Don’t do that, Elena, I have so enjoyed your posts. Stay strong girl. Don’t let a few knuckleheads chase you away. There are more of us than there of them Lots more. When people talk about leftists and point out they’re Jewish, as if that means something, it’s like saying that the Christian organizations that are making millions on refuge resettlement in this country are doing so because they are Christian. No, sorry, that’s wrong. They are doing it because they are leftists. And because of they’re greedy, which is a human condition, on which no race or religion has a monopoly. I’m a Christian, by the way.

• elena19501 says:

Thank you for your kindness. I am very thin skinned about being Jew, it is me growing up in very antisemitic USSR…And again when they write about those leftists being Jews: I want to explain to people who put us all, Jews, in the same pile…leftists Jews they are more antisemitic then non-Jews, they hate being Jews, and that is their big problem, because they are not Jews. In order to be Jewish you got to love your people, your roots, know your history.

• Grant says:

Elena, I am glad you are in the treehouse, please do not leave.

• KitKat says:

Ben Shapiro (who supports Cruz) wrote an excellent article not long ago explaining basically what you just wrote in your post. I’ll include the link in case you haven’t read it. I’d love to hear your thought on what he wrote.

Why do Jews Vote Leftist?

• KitKat says:

The link has both a video and transcript of the video.

• elena19501 says:

Thanks, I will read it. I wasn’t interested in what Ben Shapiro has to say, since he is supporting Cruz (you know “New York values”))) But I’ll read it right now. One of my grandfathers was revolutionary, and the other was on opposite side)))

• elena19501 says:

He is basically right, but only basically. I didn’t vote for Obama because of his associations.
                    Jews who experienced antisemitism first hand will never be on the left, because Zionism, another word Jewish state, to be able to protect yourself and your family becomes the most important. But some Jews chose to assimilate and give up on their Jewish identity and some of them on the right, some of them on the left. It is personal choice. I left USSR with 2 year-old son in 1978 and he is active libertarian, my younger son was born here and he is on the left. But hopefully field where he works will bring him to the right.

• KitKat says:

Like others here, I hope you’ll stick around.

• Riddick says:

Do you know who, as a group, is the most CONSERVATIVE one in USA?

Yep, we, the Russian Jews, refugees from ex USSR. 95% conservative block, always voting R. Yep, New York values group, nearly 500,000 strong just in NY Tri State area, and many more on the other coast. Sure, not enough to override the Soros cabal of demented, delusional Jews. But we DO EXIST.

And to be honest, HUGE question mark about Soros being a Jew. Assuming Jewish identity most likely, long discussion though it is.

• elena19501 says:

And non-Jews don’t like money? Everybody like money because it brings independence.
        Not everybody have brains or possibility make it. Donald Trump, who we all adore here loves to make money (he has brains for it) and nothing wrong with it.
        It is how individual use his/her money for good or for evil (like Bush family, made money on the other people blood)…and person’s ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

• anon says:

This is very well said. There is no people that does not produce malcontents and turncoats. It is human nature. The vast majority of Jews are not globalists and the vast majority of globalists are not Jews. What would be odd is if NO Jews were globalists. That some are is completely normal, expected, and simply means that they are people just like the rest of us. While I am no fan of the excesses of the Israel Lobby, I understand where they are coming from, don’t blame them for their desperation (observing my own people targeted for destruction, if only cultural, by globalists and leftist radicals puts things in perspective) and see Israeli nationalists as natural allies. Israel is part of the family of nations of the West, and truly, if we nationalists don’t hang together we will hang separately.

• WSB says:

On that note, can anyone here verify this? Is Lame Cherry for real?

• Michelle says:

I can’t verify it but it certainly makes you think. One thing is for sure, there is so much stuff going on that the average person has no clue about, but I do know that Trump knows a lot more than we do, being that he has been around these people all his life, and knowing more about the system than we do. He knows the truth about a lot of things and he is willing to share enough of it with us so that we can take our power back (if we so choose). And many people want to prevent him from revealing all this truth.

• Riddick says:

Youonly hear about this now? Soros spent nearly $400 Million on getting Hussein elected. Want to take a guess who got a huge $2 BILLION payout to move into Brazil oil business just a month later? Yep. SOROS.

Its the kind of slight of hand that no one paid attention to. Would you like to be able to “invest” like that, 400% return on investment in months?

• WSB says:

I have history on the O story, and the Petrobras and Soros stock plan, but this story in Lame Cherry goes much further. I just do not know if the site is legit. Thanks for your input, though. You are correct.

• Otis says:

W O W !!! I read some time ago where o’blamo offered So Americans a chance to come to America and, there were thousands and thousands came to the border. I remember they brought diseases and several gangs with them. It was very quietly handled.

• singtune says:

Got that Right “Juluau”~!

5. Libertati Aut Ad Mortem says:

I know this is a 100% Trump site 100% of the time and I am a Trump/Gingrich 2016 supporter myself, but I think all of us deserve an apropos airing of the grievances with Trump. Some of Trump’s over the top policies such as targeting civilians and/or implementing torture that really needs to be put in check. Most everything else though Trump seems to be right on the spot.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Are you referring to waterboarding? Compare that to chopping off heads, burning people alive in cages, lining people up and committing mass killings, putting people in cages and dropping in the water to drown, and the list goes on and on.

• “Over the top” statements……in your opinion. Some of us are focusing on lack of jobs, lack of security, lack of rule of law, etc. Trump is not perfect but he is darn close . If you don’t like his stance then by all means find a candidate that makes you feel comfortable . Feel free to find a blog that supports that candidate.

• TheFenian says:

“Targeting” civilians?

I’m never one to shy away from voicing my displeasure at what I feel were a few major mistakes along the way, and when I do, I base my argument ON WHAT HE SAID.

Trump never advocated “Targeting” civilians.

One can suppose you chose your username in an effort to display to others some type of higher learning and intellect, yes?

But you won’t be taken seriously if you continue to state what, at best, is a complete, utter and total misunderstanding of Trump’s words – and at worst is a deliberate lie.

You want airing ? Get your facts straight.

• JRD says:

Trump is not targeting civilians. He wants the families of terrorists to be held accountable.
      There is nothing wrong with that. If the families believe they will be held accountable they will report the terrorists or deal with the consequences. This is common sense.

Terrorists are not covered by the Geneva Convention, he would not be ordering the breaking of international law if they were subject to waterboarding.

My husband walked down 73 flights of smoke filled stairs carrying a man in a wheel chair in 93.
      Please tell me why I should care about terrorists.

I lost many friends who worked at Cantor-Fitzgerald on the 105th floor of the WTC in 2001. Many young friends in their 20’s. They called their families and told them there was no way out, don’t worry about them. but please take care of their children.

Waterboard the MOTHERS!

• TheFenian says:

JRD – your comment is deeply felt and understood. I too lost people that day, including a Cantor employee.

If we went full Nakasaki on the entire Middle East (but not Israel) I’d be a happy person.

• Americafirst16 says:

The big fear of the GOPe/Bushes is the Saudis, their big buddies and money provider will be accountable for their action in the Middle East. No more free passes. It is never mentioned that the majority of the Muslims involved with 911 had connections with Saudia Arabia.

• WSB says:

Frustrating, because the rumor mill started the next day. We all heard about it. Saw both planes go into the WTC. To this day, will not venture downtown.

• Thank you for telling your story, JRD.

• socabill says:

I have absolutely NO problem targeting civilians if they’re in an ISIS- controlled area whatsoever. They’ve already driven out or executed all the Christians, Yazidis and anyone else who doesn’t fall in line.

We bombed German cities out of existence, firebombed and nuked Japan, and decisively won WWII. See any NAZI or Shinto warmongers lately? Yeah. Thought not.

If you can’t defeat an ideology you make it very unpleasant for people to adhere to.

As far as “torture”: I take it you think waterboarding is torture. Well, I say, go for it and more. If that’s what it takes to bring our enemies to heel, all well and good.

You write like someone infected with “goodthink”. We have had enough of that. Don’t know what it will take to disabuse you. I shudder to imagine.

I say,  do whatever it takes.

• If you know that this is a 100% Trump 100% of the time site, why do you torture yourself? Maybe guilty civilians, should be called noncombatant enemy, would that make it spot on for you?
      And how could we stop a jihad nuke of an American City, when hashtags have a limited range of effectiveness?

• jd7890 says:

Yes, great Trump site and glad that you are for Trump. Don’t want to attack you as I don’t agree with everything that Trump states but he is the ONLY candidate willing to fight for Americans. All the others have been exposed and they will not do anything positive for America…if anything they are in a rush to destroy her.

I started out as a cruz supporter but over time I saw through his lies and don’t even see him acting Christian like. I am not doubting his Christianity as that is between him and God, but he sure is not being Christ like. He just throws around terms that the evangelicals will follow – I wish they would do just the most basic research and they would discover that he is a fraud.

I don’t expect Trump to act that way because he is not basing his entire candidacy on that platform.

Anyway, I hope Americans will all work together and unite because that is how we can all crush the corrupt political establishment that is so eager to destroy America.

• getfitnow says:

We’re all entitled to our opinion.

• Serpentor says:

Trump’s “torture problem” is a real easy fix. Simply say you want to unshackle our intelligence and military organizations and allow them the tools to use as they see fit.

Done. Easy.

• KBR says:

Libertarian Nut Ad Mortem,

If your family member AIDS and ABETS you in committing a murder or a mass murder, or knows what you are doing or planning and does nothing about it, but helps you…
      even as a US Citizen you and HE/SHE are GUILTY of a crime!

If you, as a US Citizen, hide an escaped criminal, even your own family member, YOU are guilty of a CRIME!

If YOU as a US citizen are arrested for espionage, and your family members were also involved at any level, THEY are also potentially guilty of a CRIME!

So why is it that you think that TERRORISTS, some of whom are not even US Citizens,
      can come here, commit terrorist acts of mass murder, with the AID and ABETMENT of their entire FAMILY and all their FRIENDS, and their FAMILY and FRIENDS are free as a bird, can fly home (or be flown home as in the case of the 9/11 family members) and NOT BE even detained and questioned? Yes QUESTIONED-using whatever means is required -to get the answers they have to save the lives of more innocents?

Go to your safe space. Think about that.

Your safe space won’t be safe when the next suicide bomber comes to your neighborhood. Think about that.

• benY says:

Trump never said to target civilians, as far as I know. He did say do not give the terrorist families a pass since they most certainly know a lot more than we think. On that I totally agree. We are fighting for our very survival and PC needs to be destroyed.

• singtune says:

Extraneous Positions stated by Trump Right now are a Bonus! SAVING our Constitution~~Sovereignty~~Jobs~~Public School;s~~Healthcare~~Military is a priority~! Then, Deporting the ILLEGAL”s & Building the WALL will Help get the above tasks accomplished. Anything else Trump can get done is GRAVY! Trump WILL listen to the people. { Nothing wrong with Deterring the ENEMY with STRENGTH. } How would You STOP the beheading’s etc.?

• TimeIsNow says:

Just another “Concerned” Cruzbot.

Bill Mitchell warned about these Tools showing up all over the place earlier today.

• kathyca says:

RIght. Only Americans get television or the internet, so Trump can and should let the bad guys know that they’ll be safe from any unpleasant consequences when they come here and blow us up. Their families, too. Thanks for your concern Mr. Obama,

• sheree252 says:

I never heard Trump was going to target civilians, I heard he will target enemy combatants, the same combatants who are sawing heads off and drowning people in cages. Water boarding seems pretty tame to me in comparison. That is not an over the top policy, that is good old fashioned common sense. What is over the top is thinking you can reason with these savages.

6. WeThePeople2016 says:

There are a lot of military families in Mississippi. They will come out for Trump like they did in Virginia and South Carolina. This is an encouraging poll for Trump.

7. jedimastertrump says:

All this poll proves is that fifty nine percent of the voters actually support Marco Rubio Ted Cruznadian or something.

8. Full of pride right about now!

9. Dick A says:

If we have to half drown one or two of those who would attack us to save true Americans it is just fine with me.

• TheFenian says:

I’ve never understood the xxxxx liberals who cried that waterboarding is tourture. It’s a fairly benign action to take in the course of questioning someone.

Frankly, it’s on par with tickling.

In other words, it’s a bit uncomfortable (as any ticklish person can attest) but completely harmless. In fact, it’s easy to make the case that tickling terrorists is more distressing as they may wet their pants, or sheets (whatever those people wear).

Waterboarding? Much ado about nothing I say. To be honest, these fellas are often caught out in the dessert and I would argue that the nice clean water is probably rather refreshing.

• El Torito says:

I’m all for tossing some piranha in the waterboard tank, or muriatic acid would work. Bring back the Picklers! (look up “pickling tin.”)

• Clc says:

Trump is being advised by retired general Michael Flynn from DIA. He is an expert on interrogation techniques. This all will be a non-issue soon enough.

• sheree252 says:

Honestly it wouldn’t bother me a bit if in the water boarding the water was replaced with pig fat or pig blood. Politically incorrect but who cares when we are dealing with head chopping butchers. This would no doubt work way better than mere water – bonus!

10. GAGreene says:

DT has made some mistakes. But I believe that’s exactly what they are mistakes. He is not a politician he has not trained himself to be a robot like these other morons. SnoTed can change a question around and no answer like nobody I’ve ever seen. He NEVER answers a question. He doesn’t even get rattled when devil paste is flapping off his lip… he just sucks it on down and tells you how great of messiah he would be

11. oldschool64 says:

Carson is at 5% and the undecided at 13%. Distribute those proportionately to the rest of the field and Trump hits 50!

Lovin’ it!

12. the5thranchhand says:

Dear G-D I pray that Mississippi poll is right. And hopefully the Kansas voters will vote overwhelmingly for Trump.

13. albrevin says:

the Republican Establishment in Mississippi lost a ton of credibility with the voters in that state after the shenanigans they pulled in the Chris McDaniel / Thad Cochran senate race. That was despicable and orchestrated by Haley Barbour and company. People know it and want no part of it.

14. Something epic about this week. Almost Wagnerian.

Romney’s attack and the latest Fox debate was like some cataclysmic bombardment from the pages of history — meant to obliterate the forces of patriotic nationalism.

But when the smoke finally clears on Saturday, we will see the tattered banners rise up — once again — from the trenches. Trump’s forces will appear at the wall and more will coming out from the treeline in massive numbers. Intact. And to victory.

15. jldnagg says:

America wins with #PresidentTrump 2016! All the other candidates are after $$$$. They can’t see past their own ambitions, what damage they have already done.

16. Howie says:

Trump strikes…Full Mississippi!

17. gary23902003 says:

Holy sh!te — all 3 guests on Brett Baier put $80 in chips on Trump and $5 – $15 on Cruz and Rube. But only after talking all that trash!

18. On time, ready to go.

19. andrewalinxs says:

Your Congressional district map is wrong Yalobusha County and I think 2 other counties are in district 2 now not district 1 as they wanted to stick as many democrats into district 2 as possible to prevent democrat take over of other seats. Other then that it is pretty straight forward.

I can say where I live is heavy Trump support and that is amazing as it is a democrat county. Everyone runs on the demo ticket in the primaries locally and their has been a lot of talk of crossing over to vote Trump. Trump signs in peoples yards a guy even placed a Bulldozer on a hill facing the Highway and spray panted Vote Trump on it. Haven’t seen anyone else with any real presence.

20. Arjun says:

Trump has an unbelievable event management team. But his debate prep, policy planning team need an upgrade.

• pyromancer76 says:

Maybe Trump likes to be Trump.

• Raffaella says:

Yes every thing about team Trump is amazingly good except for his prep debate team which is horrible. Either stop debating all together or prep for it. I think he can kill it if he preps for debates.

• R-C says:

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps Trump doesn’t have a ‘debate preparation team’?

Perhaps Trump, like many of us, knows these ‘debates’ are TOTAL rubbish to begin with, and knows the object of the exercise is to gang up on him no matter what.

Perhaps Trump doesn’t even ‘prepare’ for these foolish ‘debates’ at all! –Or, maybe his only ‘preparation’ is a lifetime of dealing with gnats like his opponents in board rooms and conference rooms the world over… (By ‘opponents’, I mean the other candidates; the media ‘moderators’; and the entire assembled audience.) Perhaps he knows that no matter what, all he’ll do is spend his time on stage deflecting attack, after attack, after fruitless attack.

Perhaps that’s what WE–you, excluded, it seems–LOVE about Trump: his ability to and willingness to jump into hostile territory and duke it out “as is”, without a committee of political polishers there to prep him up.

Food for thought.

• singtune says:

I completely Agree with everything you said here “RC”~! There is NOTHING wrong with TRUMP’S Prep for the “So-Called Debates”. In Trump’s case, it is simply “THINK on your Feet ” time. {The questions The Commentator’s ask TRUMP are~~ straight out NASTY~!]

• KBR says:

Amen RC!
          If he was “prepped” and “advised what to say” and had speech writers and all the rest, he would SOUND and LOOK and RESPOND like all the rest.
          All these armchair coaches need to hush.

21. John VI says:

How many people who answer indecided in these polls are ACTUALLY undecided versus afraid of being attacked for their preferences?

Given the behaviour of every pundit, gop elitist and many of the non trump supporters, I would imagine a lot of folks are hesitant to admit to wanting trump. Not without checking over thier shoulder first…

22. As for Mississippi…

Brother of slain civil rights leader Medgar Evers endorses Trump

“Civil rights activist Charles Evers is endorsing Donald Trump for president, touting what Evers refers to as the current Republican front-runner’s business acumen.

“I believe in him first of all because he’s a businessman. I think jobs are badly needed in Mississippi,” he said.

Evers is the brother of slain civil rights leader Medgar Evers, who was assassinated in front of his Jackson home in 1963.

When asked about Trump’s controversial remarks regarding immigration and an incident Tuesday when 30 black students were reported to have been removed from the candidate’s rally in Valdosta, Ga., Evers responded, “I haven’t seen any proof of him being a racist.”

However he added, “all of us have some racism in us. Even me.”

Evers referenced a proclamation by Gov. Phil Bryant declaring April “Confederate Heritage Month” and said that Trump has not taken similar actions.

According to Evers, the hiring practices of Trump’s properties are reflective of him being “fair.” Before launching his campaign, Trump was accused of discrimination. In 1973, the real estate mogul and his father were sued by the Department of Justice under the Fair Housing Act for allegedly implementing a system to block black applicants from renting Trump Management’s Brooklyn, Queens and Norfolk, Va., properties.

The case was settled with a consent decree.

Evers also addressed Trump’s presidential announcement speech where the candidate made the following remarks:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Evers said he doesn’t feel the U.S. should be obligated to provide support for undocumented immigrants.

Evers added that he also respects Trump for his faith and that he plans to attend Monday’s rally in Madison. Evers said that if he has the chance to speak with Trump he wants to pitch bringing a catfish processing plant to Mississippi.

“Our catfish is shipped to China and brought back for us to buy. Put a catfish farm here.”

The 93-year-old has a storied history with the state’s civil rights movement. After his brother’s death, Evers served as the Mississippi field secretary for the NAACP. In 1969, he became the first black mayor of a Mississippi town or city since reconstruction when he was elected mayor of Fayette. In 1980, he switched to the Republican Party, garnering national attention for his endorsement of Ronald Reagan.”

23. regedit says:

Anybody knows if there is any polling out of Kentucky?

24. Zzschnops says:

This could be another 50% + 1 state. 13 + 12= 25. 50% is 20 .

25. kinthenorthwest says:

So how many “Fake Checks” and “You better Vote Warnings” has the Cruz campaign send out in Mississippi??? .
    I know of over a half dozen people in my state alone that have received the “Fake Checks”.

26. Howie says:

The trhree most critical words to save the USA. All Americans Matter. It destroys the enemy.

All Americans Matter,,,,,,,case closed.

27. Renee Blythe says:

I read today that the brother of Black Activist Evers endorsed Trump today is that true? If so….the GOP’s KKK tricked smeared all over by Fix, CNN & MSNBC did not WORK!

28. Elspeth says:

So Fox News debate winner John Kasich isn’t 1st in the polls? Who’da thought?

29. Riddick says:

In basic terms, math wise. If Trump takes it, it makes it 6 out of 8 states required, per GOPe rule book. Meaning that even before March 8th rolls in and another possibility of taking at least a state, Trump is WELL ON HIS WAY to 8. And March 15th will be the final nail in GOPe’s coffin with 4 winner take all states on the plate, discounting any other he will win as well.

Trump takes OH, at least I hope he will, he will easily exceed the 8 state rule, and on even greater and an ever increasing up swing with more winner take all states, who cares about the delegate count of either of Cubano Girls at that point.

By the time Mexico Norte comes in June Trump may have delegates to be the nominee. I think Trump will smash each and every record in GOPe rule book, for generations to come. He has ALREADY exceeded ALL expectations and prediction models.

30. coeurdaleneman says:

I wonder how Panola County leans …

31. Howie says:

Kasich Campaign

32. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

Good showing here lets just hope Trump can keep up the pace and give him some slack on debate performance that are designed to take him down; no one else could take the abuse that he does form the moderators and the other candidates.

33. BiggBear says:

Ever so slightly off topic, but, I thought you guys might like this. http://tiny.cc/xibt9x

34. Bull Durham says:

Do you know that we waterboard all our special forces and CIA officers?

Yes, we put all our aviators into captivity and train them to escape if they can. They are prisoners in cages. It gets them ready. Even our female combat pilots.

We are doing the wrong thing?

Anyone who thinks your way does not have a f*cking clue about life on the battlefield or in covert operations.

Just shut up, sit down, go back to knitting or whatever you think is manly or humane.

I don’t give a damn what we do overseas to the enemy. They would use WMDs on us in a nanosecond, you weak ass fool. Chemical, radioactive dirty bomb or nuclear explosive.

Do you know what the Russian Chechen soldiers do to Wahhabi Chechens they interrogate?
    They skin them alive, get whatever information the terrorist may have and then kill them.
    Inhumane?

Just recall Beslan School where those terrorists killed 385 school children, and you can see why whatever is done is perfectly suitable.

We are getting so soft as a nation from this Liberal kind of thinking that it endangers us all.

35. deqwik2 says:

Hope Mississippi does follow AL & TN. Numbers finally out for AL & we had 1.2 million people vote on Mar 1st. That’s a state record. As for the record-setting 2016 primary, Donald Trump alone brought in 371,957 votes in Alabama.

A total of 864,740 people cast presidential ballots on the Republican side of the of the primary in 2016.
    382,205 people voted for president on the Democrat ballot.

36. kinthenorthwest says:

• Newman says:

What a Worthless low-down POS….regret holding my nose to vote for the POS last time. But Never again will I vote for the lessor of two evils. The GOPe is dead to me.

37. KBR says:

‼️NCTreepers‼️
    ‼️🇺🇸Trump Rally🇺🇸‼️
    Monday, March 7, 2016 at 12:00 PM (EST)
    date Cabarrus Arena & Events Center
    4751 North Carolina 49
    Concord, NC 28025

I am putting this here because I know some Treepers don’t do Facebook (like me) and that is where my sweet spouse found and ordered tickets for us tonight!

38. cathie says:

Here is the latest from Diamond & Silk…they should go to the Miami debate…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_wlXhq0vs

39. They know Trump will crush any commie they put up so they blame Cruz , Rubio, the RNC, Rience Peckerwood, even Rush for not doing what Ms Clinton or any commie they got can never do.

Thus. ……PANIC

40. NHVoter says:

Good

41. I know MS is an open primary, the ones tomorrow are closed. Does anyone know if the polls that show Trump up in the March 5 primaries and caucuses are polling Repubs only, or are they polling everyone? If they are just polling Repubs then I think we are good, even though I don’t trust them. If they are taking everyone, Idk.

• lorac says:

But… if it’s a dem wanting to vote for Trump in a closed primary, they would have already switched their registration to repub, right…?

42. Brad says:

Wow. If you Google Marco Rubio OR Ted Cruz this article on the treehouse about the Mississippi Polling is one of the top 3 articles to come up

43. ZZZ says: