An Ordinary Voter Writes To Donald Trump…

Shared from Scott Adams’ Blog as written by Troy Morton

trump rally arkansas 4

To: President Trump
From: Just a simple man

I’ve been following your campaign since your announcement, reading millions of words written about you, watching thousands of hours of video and speeches, listening to many talk radio show segments, and engaging in dozens of debates with people around me.

No candidate has ever captured my attention the way you have.

Now that it’s clear you will be the Republican nominee, I want to share with you something so personal, painful, and uplifting, that I almost don’t want to write it, but I will anyway…trolls be damned:

My whole life, up until yesterday, has been based on reaction to fear.

Growing up as a black man in Washington D.C. during the “crack 80’s”, when Marion Barry was mayor, I lived a lower middle class childhood in one of the most dangerous cities in America. Though I had many friends, I was also subject to the threats, intimidation, and bullying that happens when you’re not like the people around you.

There was no father in my life to steel me against the world I lived in. My mother was strong, but it’s not exactly the kind of strength I needed. I was a boy, and needed a Man.

Without strong male guidance, I learned to fear…but not how to face fear and win. Even joining the military and going to war didn’t overcome my weakness, and all my future decisions considered strongly the level of fear I had at the time.

As a result, my life has been full of conflict, as I have unintentionally signaled to adversaries that I am an easier opponent to beat than others. I have won victories, but never truly enjoyed them knowing the battle is never won for me…only endured. I have also suffered crushing defeats, and important people in my life lost confidence in me as a result. I have not reached my potential, and settled instead into apathy and stasis, content to only being “smart enough” or “good enough”…not great. Not strong. Not resolute…

Not a leader. Not a winner.

My life, in many important ways, mirrors the American experience. Potential to be great, but paralyzed by fear. Full of conflict. Enduring, not winning. No leadership. No strong Male inspiration. And occasional, crushing defeats that hit to the core of our country…most notably 9/11, but also with the erosion of our middle class and uniquely American culture.

Like you say so often: we don’t WIN anymore.

Watching your campaign, and being as invested in it as I am, has been an exercise in recognizing, and confronting, fear that I never expected. Every time your opponents hit you…I feel fear for your candidacy and our country. Every charge of racist, sexist, facist, etc. causes me to worry that no one, not even you, can really change the country for the better. That we’re doomed to failure…

Then…inevitably…you win the battle. You don’t “survive”, or “endure”…you attack, and put fear into your opponents. You don’t stop until they are buried under your feet. Until they become paralyzed…

Sometimes, you even bait them into hitting you, just so you can beat the crap out of them again. Your life is full of conflict, but it becomes yet another opportunity to WIN, and makes you MORE powerful…not less.

Then, once they are eliminated as a threat, you are generous to the vanquished. It’s not personal, and they are not evil. They were, simply…in the way. Once they are not, they become worthy of kindness and respect.

Furthermore, you’re not just a blunt instrument…your strategy is impeccable. You go into every conflict knowing exactly what your opponents weaknesses are, how to exploit them, and what levers to pull to ensure victory. Clearly, you spend good time before announcing your candidacy doing the things the military taught me as a young soldier: surveying, recon, intelligence-gathering, ammunition, discipline, execution…

You are defending America from our enemies within, and it’s an AMAZING thing to watch.

Last night, you also did something else. You became the Man that helped me see fear for what it is: an illusion of power, a powerful teacher, and the path to winning if used properly. There is no reason, regardless of the enormity of the task, to lose to fear if you prepare well, are disciplined in your execution, and have the faith necessary, in God, yourself, and in others…that leads to victory.

Winning is always possible, but becomes probable if you never back down, never quit, and become your dominant self. Once the battle is won, treat the vanquished with kindness and respect. Be the bigger man.

You taught me how to Win.

I appreciate what you’ve done for me personally, and what you’re doing for our country. I know I’m not the only man who admires you, and can’t wait for you to become the father, and leader, of our country. It’s been a long, cold winter for men in America the last 8 years, and I believe that your election will dramatically improve the level of respect, admiration, and love people will show for strong men and Fathers, and will create a new generation of leaders from impressionable young boys.

That, more than anything, will Make America Great Again.

trump vet

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016. Bookmark the permalink.

172 Responses to An Ordinary Voter Writes To Donald Trump…

1. itswoot says:

I’m gobsmacked. Thank you, Troy.

I came across this quote yesterday:

“The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance.”
    -Thomas Paine

• shallbe4 says:

What a letter and what a wonderful man Troy is! This is one of Donald Trump’s strengths. He is like a father. He doesn’t worry us or frighten us, he tells us if he is in charge we will be happy again. Whatever happens he has been there and he can deal with it. I hope one day Donald can meet Troy and they can have a long talk about winning. May God be with Donald as he goes through the worst of his and all our lives. But Donald is a winner and he will make the US win again. God Bless You President Trump. In the end they will all come to you. Hang in there we love you.

2. photozombies says:

Fabulous letter! I don’t think this is isolated. Confession – after listening to Trump for a couple of months I decided I wasn’t going to put up with my abusive job any longer. I quit. Now I have a better one!

3. Leigh Anne Bjerregaard says:

This guy would be so nice to meet, and is actually a very good writer!! I admire his thoughts as a young man. I , as an middle aged lady, would like him to know that I have seen the same qualities of courage in Donald J. Trump!(God saw the same in David though he was flawed) All of us have sinned and come short of the glory of God,(scripture) btw!Many women (political chat site with over 80,000 women) sometimes complain about Trump and his overt aggression.Remember Jesus’s behavior in the temple and namecalling!!! I think that besides the absence of fathers in many homes, the psychobabble in the schools, industries, media and government has neutered many men.(team-building/groupthink/cumbaya consensus,etc.)leaving out rugged individualism. The women’s movement begged for men to become nicer, quieter, and send them to anger management class. We stopped recess, then diagnosed them with ADHD, and drugged them. Then we ask them , why they are so unhappy, and give them antidepressants!! .Women became men, burned their bras,and said” we don’t really need you anymore, but for a little procreation, etc!” Heavens forbid men speak politically incorrect!! Men of old, spoke their mind, stood up for righteousness in a nation, and were not afraid of all the labels he mentioned! When good men do nothing, evil triumphs (paraphrased Burke). Our nation is on the brink of destruction and is circling the drain. Aristotle said that masculine Republics decline into feminine democracies and feminine democracies into despotism. With a now and future Obama/Clinton regime, we will be in the third stage. I support Donald J. Trump, and I am unashamed of my choice!!! Keep soldiering , Donald! and his wonderful and strong family!!!

• marierogers says:

beautifully stated..that letter brought tears..i would love to meet this young man!

• Sylvia says:

MARIEROGERS: I, too, was in tears from the heart wrenching, meaningful letter TROY wrote to Donald Trump. OMG if all of us had this kind of reverence, insight and obvious self realization life, and an election that has turned so ugly, would be so enlighteneing and rewarding. GOD BLESS TROY AND DONALD TRUMP. may they both win their respective ‘battles’.

I will bet you that Mr. Trump’s eyes welled up when and after reding Troys letter?

• highdezertgator says:

David a Warrior King who Loved the Lord and Loved His People
      Psalm 144 v.7-8
      “Stretch forth Your hand from on high; Rescue me and deliver me out of great waters, Out of the hand of aliens.
      Whose mouths speak deceit, And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.”

We are in the battle of our lifetime(s) to save our Sovereign America.
      Despotism or freedom??

Vulgarians at the Gate: Tear down this wall of despotism.

• Gail Combs says:

What political correctness did was geld men and it was intentional. Alpha men like Donald Trump are called sexist, and every other nasty name in the book …. Thin about it. If you geld most men and send the others off to war, you have no one to challenge your power structure. You have a nation of serfs.

And you are so right about what has been done to little boys! No exercise, no disipline, fill them with sugar and then scream ADHD and drug them so you ruin their health and fry their brains. Long comment of mine on The Drugging of our children It is one of my major red flags.

• Linden says:

Just as an aside, I love that TV show, The Last Ship, because it has so much old-fashioned MASCULINITY in it… Not “macho-ness”, just good old-fashioned manliness! As a woman, it makes me feel safe. Love it.

• smokeygrl says:

I agree whole heartily Leigh! As another middle aged woman who raised four men, it is so important to have strong leaders, both in the house and government.
      Kudos to the author of the letter, stay standing strong!

• paulyho39 says:

Thank you for your very well-written comments! I especially appreciated your reference to King David..and God’s choosing him, and using him even though flawed, an sinful as we all are! And your views on our need for strong masculine leadership…so good!

4. sahm2016 says:

Last night Trump said he was a “uniter”. I think that Trump could not only unite the Republican Party, but Americans across racial lines as well. The Democrats know their policies can’t create jobs, grow the economy, or improve our National Security. So they use identity politics to drive a wedge between Americans, and that unrest as a justification for their Social Justice based policies. Trump doesn’t play that game, which is why he could unite America .

In 2013 Tavis Smiley, a Black PBS host, said, “The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading economic indicator category.”

He is now saying that Blacks “could get on the Trump train.”

From the USA Today article:
    “Something tells me that if Donald Trump is indeed the Republican nominee, it might be a miscalculation for Democrats to assume that black voters are a lock for their nominee, even with the first black president (Bill Clinton) and Barack Obama both campaigning for her. . .

Second, the number of everyday black voters who we assume will dismiss Trump because of his anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim attacks might well be inflated. While I certainly have had my say about Trump being a “religious and racial arsonist” (and he responded quickly on Twitter), not everyone in black America agrees with me. I have been taken by myriad conversations I’ve had with black folk who don’t find those comments by Trump necessarily or automatically disqualifying. . .

I’ve talked privately to some of Trump’s black friends since I read that piece, and to a person, their critique of him is highly nuanced. Men and women from black America’s most privileged class, either genuinely like this guy or they’re afraid of being caught in his social media meat grinder. Those whose job it is to comment on politics have been strong in condemning Trump, but those who earn their wealth elsewhere have been too quiet.”

Remember the other day when Tamorn Hall tried to marginalize the Black Trump supporter? The Democrats are worried Blacks are going to vote for Trump in large numbers because this is an inclusive all-American movement. To Trump All Lives truly Matter.

• cwf60 says:

Time to realize the RNC/GOPe do not want unity. Their position is divide and conquer illustrated by demeaning Trump supporters. They are more in line with Democrats especially when calling for a Hillary presidency over Trump.

• Michelle says:

I agree. I already feel a lot of unity to the rest of the country, states I’ve never been to, and people I’ve never met. What a journey! It’s reflected everytime they chant USA! at his rallies. And let’s not forget all those overseas cheering us on too.

• Michelle, here’s a fun thing to do while you’re waiting on a Trump rally to start. Take a few minutes to do a search for the town he’s going to be in. You’ll see a map as well as the population, demographics, pictures of historic homes, etc. Sometimes they also have pictures of the people in those towns.

I started doing this before the NH primary. It’s my way of feeling like I’m right there on the journey with Mr. Trump.

5. FireAm 85✓ᵀʳᵘᵐᵖ ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ says:

There have been many “moments” during Trumps campaign when the MSM were all shouting from the rooftops “Trump is through” with assurance and glee.

At this pivotal point in time, Troy’s letter represents everything that the UNIPARTY/MSM despises and fears…

A unification of purpose.
    Purpose, that doesn’t see color, income, or party affiliation. Purpose, in shedding the up to now successful schemes and divisions by the ELITE to keep all of us under their thumb, to take our medicine and enjoy. Purpose, in telling the ELITE you have done enough and you are finished.

What this letter can achieve is profound and will destroy any narrative of the UNIPARTY/MSM for a very long time.

This letter needs to get to any and all outlets, we all can make that happen.
    Let it go VIRAL for all to read.

A RECKONING indeed is at hand.

6. TwoLaine says:

Very Beautiful! That is worth reading at the next rally.

7. goingsunny says:

Beautiful letter. I read that earlier today and I was gonna share it here if nobody does, later today. Glad that sundance created a separate post for it.🙂

I found a couple of great slogan and meme from the comment section of Scott Adams’ article about this letter too. Hope you spread the message, if you’re on social media.🙂

8. Mike says:

I appreciate this site, and I need to read an uplifting message. After all the negativity and concern trolling that was happening this morning. it;s good to read something uplifting. After a nice win, people were acting like it was the end of the world. I still am puzzled an angry at the NEVERTRUMP conservatives. Let’s say they’re right and he’s a RINO or liberal. So was McCain and Romney, and neither were very strong on social issues either.

I don’t know. I figure Trump is freaking out the elites, since he won’t take their money. They in turn are whipping up their bases into an hysterical frenzy. Many of the NEVER-TRUMP crowd may be paid or embedded trolls, too. not real people.

• rayzorback says:

#nevertrump = Idiots and UN-AMERICAN!

• cozette says:

The global elites met at Davos and identified Trump as the #1 threat in the world to their plans. These guys are fighting for their international billionaire puppet masters. This is global war. All the worlds billionaires against Trump who is self funding. Scary. I’m praying and sending him money and trying to get as many votes for him that I can. The lies are going to come fast and furious.

• I read that Rubio was behind the #NeverTrump meme.

9. It’s not in the bag. Trump has to win against the GOPe that is hell bent to stop him. If he survives the RINO assault and becomes the nominee, he will face an opposition party that will play every dirty trick they can think of to defeat him – including rigging votes. Fraud and corruption are their trademarks.

Throughout this whole process a cloud of danger of the worst kind hangs over the head of Donald Trump, and probably extends to his family. If you pray, pull out all the stops.

• shallbe4 says:

In the end the GOP Establishment will back down. Because what’s there choice if they don’t? Rubio who is the most terrified man on the planet. Terrified that he will upset those who pay him to say the right things. Cruz, who is a man without integrity and who the Establishment dislikes intensely. Or Romney who has lost twice already. Murdock said yesterday that if Trump is the nominee we must all stand behind him. We will be hearing a lot more of that in the coming months. Message to the E’s First you ignored Trump then you laughed at Trump then you fought Trump as hard as you could — then you stood with Trump and the American people who love him.

10. BaronVonRuthless says:

Bravo! Troy gets to the heart of it better than any highly-paid pundit in the media ever will.

11. Renee Blythe says:

The tears I have shed because this man named Trump cares is unbelievable. He is a good man and loves America. I am so proud of him. It takes a strong person to take all if the hate when you have been respected for so many years. My prayers and support remains with Donald Trump always. It has been a long time coming…..

12. Joan Sands says:

What an absolutely, beautiful, erudite, gorgeous letter. I wish we could know who this young man is.

13. Gomez Cooley says:

OMG, your letter humbles me. If we could all get over the allusion of fear, we could all see that these establishment despots can be defeated, and that opportunities abound for all of us, regardless of race, color, or gender, if we are WILLING to grasp them. Well written and very heartfelt. Thanks for making my day.

14. Renee Blythe says:

This is what I think we should do about the GOP if Trump loses. All trump voters should vote on the Democrat ballot and write TRUMP in.

• Darth Vaper says:

If Trump loses fair and square in the delegate count, it’s one thing. But if Trump has a outright majority and they somehow change the rules and steal it from him anyway, then we get out the pitchforks.

• yohio says:

I’m politely saying for the millionth time if you read here you know the GOPe and RNC could careless if you vote all democrat or if Hillary wins. They dont care if you leave the party, in fact they want you to, less people for them to control. Regardless they stay a party, still have influence, and most of all the money still flows. If they steal the nomination, we first need to see what Trump is going to do, but the only answer maybe that we who support Trump have to rise up. If BLM can then I think we should want to over our votes not being counted and us losing our Freedom.

15. Geri Gilmore says:

Mit Romney is a loser and should not be trying to push his negative agenda on the American people. Mit was such a cheapskate that you had to purchase bumper stickers, not like GENEROUS ,Donald Trump who is not beholden like Mit was. Mit Romney was beholden to his Donors. Who in their right mind would listen to LOOSER .Mit Romney.

16. Reblogged this on Exposing Modern Mugwumps and commented:

I’ve used that last photo in two articles…it’s absolutely precious, and shows what the MAN really is all about. I pray to God protection for him every day and I pray the evils of the MSM, DNC, GOPe, all fall and fail, because this is the peoples’ man…We love him. I’ve done so much research on all of them, including Mr. Trump, and I know what I know, what I know…He’s the best thing we’ve seen since Barry Goldwater in 1963.

17. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

Troy wrote a great letter and nails it — His military training has come through with Trumps help and he is now saved. He is now truly a man and a real American!

18. Pingback: An Ordinary Voter Writes To Donald Trump… | Rifleman III Journal

19. Charles says:

Josey Wales: Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.

20. kinthenorthwest says:

For the last couple of years I’ve been actually contemplating moving to Ontario in a couple of years. I have a friend up there who has a nice 3 bedroom condo & would let me be a roommate with no strings attached.
    Yes I’m talking Ontario, Canada. Now I have some hope for America, and that there will be a future America for my grandkids and their kids.

21. seventhndr says:

Wow. I went and write him a nice comment. That was very inspiring.

22. LoreneTN says:

Great letter. For me, this stands out, “It’s been a long, cold winter for men in America the last 8 years.”

Men in America are under attack. Political correctness has gone wild and is destructive. It is so sad to watch this happen. Finally, one man, Donald J. Trump, is standing up/standing tall and restoring courage to many.

23. Michelle says:

This letter is so touching. I pray that it is protected from anyone who would misinterpret it in a negative way (as many anti Trump people like to do).

24. AdamSelene says:

Must be some ninjas hiding in my house cutting onions…

25. Joe's Dad says:

“It’s been a long, cold winter for men in America the last 8 years…”

• joanfoster says:

Loved Troy’s quote and it is so true. Males are being emasculated daily by the feminist agenda. Such a well written and thoughtful letter. So happy to see it posted here. Letters of encouragement like this is what keeps Trump fighting for all of us.

26. goingsunny says:

Surfing through the channels and Trump is being interviewed by Feherty on the Golf Channel. He’s everywhere! LOL

27. Pingback: An Ordinary Voter Writes To Donald Trump… | The Last Refuge | therasberrypalace

28. BuckWeaver says:

I’m so glad I read this. Thanks for posting, Sundance. Mr. Trump has mentioned a few times that he is going to change the spirit of the citizens of this country. This letter is an excellent example of one of the ways he can do that.

29. Gail Combs says:

I am so happy that Scott and Sundance promoted this letter to a thread. I saw it about an hour after Troy Morton posted it.

30. Ann Woodward says:

What a breath of fresh air……this entire thread is POSITIVE! Even the comments are all in the same lane. No lies, no threats, no competition for the “baddest” attitude; all heart warming and oozing love for each other, self, and the world. If you are Christian you thank God ; if you are an agnostic or atheist, you just feel good in your heart for Donald Trump. He is an amazing, intelligent, honest person who willingly shares the love in his heart for the entire world. No wonder he is a successful businessman, family man, man’s man, a man of the world. And, in his own words, he is a unifier

I know this comment sounds a bit hokey, but I mean it. I am blessed for being alive during this historic time

31. Jamie Que says:

What a beautifully written letter to the most generous and genuine man Donald J. Trump. This letter expresses exactly what a lot of Americans feel, we do need a strong father figure to lead the country back to freedom, and safety! The American people are ready to have a voice again, not to be used by our Government and suppressed! This is our country, we are fed up with the corruption and the traitor in chief,, I can’t wait to call Donald J. Trump my American President, for the love of my country and for my children’s safety and bright futures, this will not be possible without Trump!
    God bless America and the author of this heartfelt letter

32. catmom says:

So beautiful and heartfelt. Thank you!

33. Virginia Hosack says:

donald trump is everything. a fighter and a healer.

i feel malania will do for women what trump has done for men. give us back our pride in our biological god given differences.

this was a beautiful letter.

34. DDusang says:

Great letter, great insight. The Trump family has class, something you can’t buy w/ money. Class comes from within and endowed to you by those who love you. That is evident. They may be the Republican’s Camelot. And unlike the Kennedy’s, their past hasn’t cursed them. Never doubt God’s providence in each of our lives.

35. Jim Stavros says:

Wow! Enough said.

36. yohio says:

A great, inspiring, and heartfelt letter Troy. Well Done

37. BlueSky says:

The femininzation of America is being TRUMPED. Godspeed in all you do Troy!

38. Just CC says:

From another simply poor man.

Thank You sir for putting into words my thoughts ,
    You have hit the nail squarely on the political correct headed idea that so many want to keep us under.
    as a simply southern older man ,I thank you…

39. Alethea Harris says:

A truly inspirational letter! When was the last time a presidential candidate cared enough about his country to self-fund his campaign? When was the last time someone in the Republican party brought out so many to the polls? Trump says he does not want to punish the winners but create a country where everyone can rise to their potential and be a winner. What better gift can anyone give than that? Coming out of an 8 year period of mourning for the loss of my America, Trump has given me the first rays of hope that change is possible.

40. LBB says:

Love finding this website over the last few months. So many supporters willing to find and confess the truth. In my journey with God I get excited if I know I touched one life. Now we are seeing how millions are being touched. Those that aren’t seeking the truth are lost.

To those who love the “brilliance” side of DJT campaign.will soon love what they hear and you will rest a lot easier.

Holding our own in Illinois.

41. Donna says:

Amazing letter. When I heard Mr.Trump and Mr.Carson speak last year I woke up myself. I thought finally someone is speaking the truth. I had no idea how bad it was until I started to read more about it and it all made sense. We are awake now and can dream again for us and our kids.

42. blognificentbee says:

As everyone says, this letter is touching. It also is comforting, knowing that there are people with strong conviction for Mr Trump out there. Troy, you speak for many of us, that will not be swayed in our support. Thank you.

43. mossback says:

At the next debate when Rubio starts his silly dancing act and insulting The Donald, I would wish Mr. Trump would ask the little Cuban squirt…….”Rubio, when are you going to grow up?”

44. Sherri scott says:

Awesome letter totally from the heart to a great man a great leader …trump only wants to make America great again for all of us ever the ones that hate they will thank him later ….awesome and heart touching letter troy hang in there America will be great once again !!!!!

45. sheridan says:

Thank you Troy. So inspiring.
    May God bless you each and every day going forward.

46. ThePatriot says:

What an amazing and wonderful tender moment when Mr. Trump reaches out to a wounded warrior. Such compassion.

And just see the look that is passing between them. That picture is worth a hundred million words.

47. Nancy Ballum says:

I wish I knew how to share this but to all who do please let the world read this help them understand that Trump supporters aren’t ignorant they feel pride this man says it with his heart helps us remember when men were men I miss it