The New York Times has just laid virtually all of talk radio’s top conservative punditry naked to their enemies by revealing a coordinated effort, between them and top DC politicians, to “tamp-down” opposition to comprehensive immigration reform, and “gaslight” the national republican audience.  A brutal expose’…

rush-limbaughbill-oreilly egoMark Levine - Thumbs Up.

We already knew the aspect of Fox News via Rupert Murdoch, Roger Ailes, Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly meeting with Chuck Schumer, Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio capturing promises to deliver favorable opinion for immigration reform.  – Outlined HERE –  We also knew, and wrote about how Fox Executives manipulated program content (including the blacklisting of amnesty critics) to support the collective agenda.

However, we did not know how far the scope of the influence was extended, nor did we know Rush Limbaugh was a direct participant.  We also did not know that Laura Ingraham and Mark Levin were lobbied to participate.

How would we know?  How would anyone know?  They never told their audience.

None of the aforementioned pundits ever disclosed the nature or content of the lobbying, nor their own independent determination whether to go along with the agenda, or remain willfully blind thereby benefitting the legislative agenda by omission.

In hindsight we can only accept silence as willful blindness.

However, now we do know, many things make a lot more sense about how reactionary all the “conservative” pundits were, notably the Fox Group, when candidate Donald Trump announced his immigration platform to include a border wall, deportation and strict enforcement of immigration law.  Now we know why most pundits reacted with such disdain.

Their opposition, heck, their knee jerk attacks upon Trump for proposing immigration enforcement, seemed stunning in June/July 2015; but now takes on an entirely new light.

Via New York Times […]  The dinner at News Corporation headquarters — which has not been previously reported — and the subsequent outreach to Mr. Limbaugh illustrate the degree to which Mr. Rubio served as the chief envoy to the conservative media for the group supporting the legislation.

The bill would have provided a pathway to American citizenship for 11 million illegal immigrants along with measures to secure the borders and ensure that foreigners left the United States upon the expiration of their visas.

[…] Details of the dinner, and a previous one in 2011, were provided to The New York Times by an attendee of one of the meetings and two people with knowledge of what was discussed at both get-togethers.

None of the attendees agreed to be identified for this article because the conversations were supposed to be confidential.

[…]  As early as March 9, 2011, Mr. Schumer joined Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and another eventual member of the Gang of Eight, at the Palm restaurant in Manhattan, where they made their case to Mr. Murdoch, Mr. Ailes and Mr. Limbaugh in a private room. The senators argued how damaging the word “amnesty” was to their efforts, and walked Mr. Limbaugh through their vision for an immigration overhaul.

[…] Mr. Rubio also reached out to other conservative power brokers, including the radio hosts Mark Levin and Laura Ingraham, telling them that the legislation did not amount to amnesty. The Fox anchors Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly became more supportive.

At the time, The Washington Post reported that Mr. Rubio’s advisers were monitoring to the minute how much time the hosts devoted to immigration, and that “they are heartened that the volume is much diminished.”

Mr. Rubio publicly and privately worked to assuage the fears of Mr. Limbaugh, who on air called him a “thoroughbred conservative” and assured one wary listener that “Marco Rubio is not out to hurt this country or change it the way the liberals are.”  (read full article)

Reid-Schumer

drowning-sea-of-lies

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Radio Shows, Ted Cruz, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,518 Responses to Bombshell Expose’ – Conservative Radio: Limbaugh, Ingraham, Hannity and Levin Were All Part of Gang-of-Eight “Gaslighting”…

1. Jim says:

Hannity was without question supporting amnesty. I remember it well.

2. jrobinson says:

I have the greatest respect for Sundance’s analysis, but I think this is a bridge too far. If the talkshow hosts didn’t publicly advocate for the gang of eight – and I know Levin and Rush did not – then how can you say they were “influenced”? As for being “lobbied” or “talked to” by advocates for the gang of eight…who cares? I’m sure it happens all the time. I’m sure Rush is constantly being approached by people from all sides of issues, in order to take a side…I don’t see that fact as “evidence” of anything.

His recent “softening” on Rubio has only been slight…his unwavering identification of Cruz as “the conservative” has been consistent. Both I think are reactions to Trump – I think while Rush may respect what Trump has done in many ways, I think he has serious reservations about other aspects of his policies. I think he is trying to provide some “gentle pushback” against Trump, without being too obvious about it.

But none of this means that any of them have been bought and sold.

• David Farrar says:

Good points all. But the fact is, both Rubio and Cruz have turned their backs on the kind of conservatism both had supported earlier before they decided to throw their hats into the presidential race. Both are ineligible by definition of an Art. II, §I, Cl. 5 natural born citizen as that being a person born exclusively under US sovereignty, with no foreign allegiances, or attachments at birth, by consent.

3. mary says:

Hm, the NYT isn’t breaking any news on Limbaugh, he has said repeatedly he has been courted on this topic:
    (From September 11, 2015 archive)
    “RUSH:  Because you’re giving me a chance to repeat this.  As you know, I’m one of the leading conservative figures in America.  And I’m considered one of the primary obstacles to the nation.  I mean, you people don’t know the half of it.  I haven’t shared with you because I respect people’s requests of off-the-record and privacy.  But I’ve been courted on this issue since 2006.  Hell, even longer than that.

I’ve had emissaries from the White House come to me to try to explain this comprehensive immigration reform.  I’ve been invited to dinners with powerful media and congressional figures.  I’ve had them come here.  They have asked to come here.  It’s not been intense pressure.  It hasn’t been arm twisting.  It has been a legitimate attempt to have me, to get me to see their point of view on it, on comprehensive immigration reform.  It goes on and on and on.  And, of course, have remained in my principled opposition because I don’t think that what we’re talking about is immigration or reform.

I think we’re dealing with an invasion here.  And I know that all it is ultimately, from the Democrats side, is a voter registration drive.  And from the Republican side, it’s donors who want cheap labor.  So, anyway, the point is, that I am known as a rock solid opponent.  But one day I offered on this program, behind this Golden EIB Microphone, I offered to do a 180.  I offered to support comprehensive immigration reform, which many think would guarantee its passage.  It would actually be the end of my radio show if I did that. But I offered to support it if there was a promise that the new arrivals could not become citizens for 20 years and could not vote for 25.  And I was not taken up on my offer.  Nobody was interested in my offer.”

4. kallibella says:

I feel like the entire power structure and most especially our gigantic Government and those who cling to the power to run it are just against We The People. Collusion is too kind and narrow a word!
    Our representatives get our vote through sheer manipulation of information, lies and deception. Our Government is dead set against our Constitutional rights and freedom to redress the ills our It plots against Us.

The media are involved in the plots for their own and varied reasons. But the target is always We The People!

If Rush, Laura, Levin, Hannity, BOR, Fox didn’t want this perpetrated on the American people, they could have given us the heads up and alerted us. That they chose to be silent about it, is nothing more than a tacit agreement to keep quiet while the bill made its rounds through Congress. Hence, they aided its circulation/consideration.

Thank God for the House turning it down. I shudder to think what other things have been perpetrated on us in other areas that now may be too late to change.

The NYT is obviously angling for Hillary. Rush is angling for his man Cruz and giving a pass to Rubio as a full throated conservative! Rush was the one program I had been listening to consistently until very recently when I turned Rush off, much as I have done with FNC.

• The Dave Bratt win over Eric Cantor scared the begeebers out of the two party evil money cult, and that was when they started laying plans to kill off the tea party and any of U S All out here who fight them.

It is a death struggle for them and U S All now.

Prior they had the hidden hand shakes going on, now its out in the open, they have no choice now.

Obama getting all he wanted was the final “tell”.

They mean to do U S All in.

• kallibella says:

Agree. It’s all very obvious the struggle We are in.
        I can’t wait to vote for Trump on March 15 and in November!
        Awesome as that is, I also keep telling myself that we are not out of the woods in electing Trump. I know the forces of anti Americanism and freedom will be out fully and they will try to undermine everything he attempts to do for Us.

And what comes after Trump?! We must find for Ourselves another fearless winner who will continue to help Us out of this horrible situation our beautiful Land of the Free is currently in.

• GomJabbar says:

Do not despair. New York State, Trump’s home, the EMPIRE state itself has more square miles than all of England. The little island is already so crowded, I hope there’s room for all the REDcoats GOPe troopers once the Trump Train rolls into DC.

Poor Square Mile. No more peat, no more timber, coal’s all gone, north sea oil all but gone…

• Hannibal Toissant Beauregard IV says:

The tea party was/is a good thing. The “Tea Party” was just another way for the political types was just another way to separate the rubes from their rubles.

• Backattheranch says:

Same here.

• Toontown says:

It’s so sad. I also turned Rush off and Fox News. I just come to this website to get my news and to feel comfort with all the Trumpsters.

• We need to uplift each other with support! This country is going through rough times politically, The traitors are out in full force! We are the patriots and we must keep fighting for Donald Trump to win or all is lost!!

• Bon says:

Toontown says
        “I just come to this website to get my news”. Wow! That’s quite a statement. Too much of what you read on this site is very one-sided.
        Sundance reads truckloads of info and not on just one site. He excludes lots of journs and blogs, as they have some things to say that don’t agree with his mindset, but he gets some idea of what the public is thinking and which way the wind is blowing.
        To suggest Trump is better or worse than the other men is just not true. Cruz is probably more honest than Trump, but may hit the IRS harder???
        I don’t get lot off comfort from folks who are hammering at those who might have a negative comment to make. Some of these folks are a bit slavish about him. Trump has lots of good ideas but I also am a thinking person.

• Donna Vargas says:

Dr. Ben Carson is the only clean one in the running they can’t buy him out he is staying in because we The People millions of us are pushing him

• Gail Combs says:

Dr Carson would make a GREAT Surgeon General. It would play to his strengths.

I would also like to see him as kind of a ‘special ambassador’ to outr inner cities.

• Scott Bohall says:

Ben looks like he to sleeping pills in every interview,but he lost most people with a brain when he declared the earth to be 6000 years old and pyramids were made for grain storage

• rahlf43 says:

I am amazed how quickly people are ready to throw Rush and Levin under the bus after reading a NY Times article that alludes to their collusion with Rubio in his amnesty ambitions. Read the lines and between the lines of the article, also go back and listen to the entirety of Levin and Rush’s shows for the last three weeks. Rush’s” deep throated conservative” remark is truly troubling, he needs to explain, but he has consistently attacked the Gang of Eight and Rubio’s part.

This article is carefully planned and planted to divide the opposition to Hillary, it isn’t a masterful Trump plan. The NY Times has been unwavering in trying to destroy opposition to the Democratic party and I assure you t has a mountain of articles to try and destroy Trump.

Divide and conquer. It is so simple Saul Alinsky could see it from his grave

Let’s wait for Monday, hear what the two leading Conservative talkers have to say.

• Bon says:

I so totally agree with you. Coming down like thunder on them from an article in the LYING NYT is like crying ….the sky is falling …and believing it. Trump will be the deer in the headlights once the media destroys the underlings.

• Bullright says:

Except it is coming from sources within. (Anonymous or not)

• Reginald Arford says:

“Except it (the reports of Talk Radio being suborned) is coming from sources within. (Anonymous or not)”
          More to the point, the reports are that there was a meeting where Rush was ASKED to support the Go8 bill. That is different from anyone AGREEING to support it. Which, BTW, Rush, Laura, etc. did NOT support.
          Please, please, please! Be as skeptical of your enemy’s announcements as you are of your ally’s. The MSM is not to be trusted!

• Skinner says:

Very well said. I completely agree.

• Bullright says:

They could also have given us the heads up (disclosure) many times over that Frank Lutz did polling work for Rubio’s Senate campaign. But no, never mentioned. Creeps.

5. Remember when we all joked about how corrupt Mexico was, and now we are the joke, jokes on U S All now.

6. georgiafl says:

Check out Rush Limbaugh – why would anyone want to pay this man to chew on his cigar, sell them ID protections, gold and tell them what to think: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

No college degree, no expertise, training or skillz except to blather like a used car salesman.

7. Martin says:

8. screwauger says:

No matter that some will and do still cheer for Rush and have tried hard in some cases, to defend his last 8-12 weeks of programming. I have never felt better for having let him go in early December. Oh and VINDICATED because of the instincts and knowledge of SD! Thank-you oh kind and wise Leader! *&^%$#@#@^!!! elRushbo, BO/Fox, Levin and all those elected by the Tea Party Patriots who screwed the Nation.

• prettyplease says:

screwauger, amen, amen and amen.

• grainofsalt says:

I have been LimbaughFree the moment I heard him saying that LiarCruz was the dark horse in this race and he will astound everyone. He went on to Wallace’s Sunday show and Limbaugh could not contain himself praising FraudCruz to high heavens. That to me was an endorsement for LiarCruz.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Have any interviews actually asked Rubio about this? I assume it was just some breath mints or something and it is probably best to not spend our time on what could be a nothing when there are so, so many significant issues to ask him about and educate others on – Amnesty, saying one thing in English another thing in Spanish interviews, his connections to crime and seedy people back home, his lack of record in the Senate, his lack of attendance in the Senate, his inexperience, Pacific Trade deal stance, etc. etc.
      We don’t want to spend time on a nothing or look foolish.

Still…it was odd behavior, so on the sly, I am curious if anyone has actually asked him and what his reply was and what his body language was when he replied.

9. Shamrock says:

Who cares about Levin he’s a blow-hard! But Rush, Laura and Sean need to explain why they’ve been mute on this!
    I give Ann Coulter credit, she’s been on the right on this. Now we now the real reason Fox banished her.

• bulwarker says:

I listen to a lot of talk radio and I’ll say Sean is pretty neutral (as much as a FOX host can be), Rush is all over the place (I guess he’s hedging his bets if there is a Trump victory so he plays nice, but also mislabels Rubio as a “full-throated” conservative), Savage is openly for Trump while Levin admittedly has his “fingers on the scale” for Cruz. The creature possessing Beck’s body is for Cruz as well. Its fine that people pick sides but they need to be clear about it with their audience. Levin’s undisclosed conflict of interest with his future step-son and behind the scenes meetings by other hosts with candidates is what undermines their credibility.

What also bothers me is the lack of consistency we see now as opposed to 2012. In 2012 if a caller even suggested they’d vote 3rd party or not at all if Romney won the nomination the radio hosts would blast them for giving Obama the victory. Now when callers say the same about Trump the hosts say its totally understandable, that the RNC needs to listen about how dangerous Trump is and that people can’t be forced to vote for someone has disliked as him. A total 180.

• TAS says:

“The creature possessing Beck’s body”…..what a great way to describe Beck now days!!!!!!

• seventhndr says:

As Sundance noted, why did none of them come forward that there was an attempt at collusion? The best answer is, they didn’t want to lose a connection to someone powerful, meaning that person has power of them.

Having been there as recently a few month’s ago with Rush and Levin, I think many of us are still in denial. Wake up! If we don’t believe our lying eyes, there is no hope for the rest of America and we can kiss it all goodbye.

• Trumped says:

AND how often did similar meetings already happen?

This is the Fourth Estate in full expose. We knew it with the polished TV media and we all hoped the radio, the guys who just need a mic and a voice, were with us.

Turn your radios and TV off. Its all lies.
      Decide for yourself – Thats the lesson to learn here.

10. pyromancer76 says:

I liked the sentence: “Close the damn border!” First and foremost. Git ‘er done. Any politician who has contributed to our border sieve and any news media that has not reported the truth and any talk radio host that did not get on this 24/7 and refuse any politicians-candidates who approved/worked for open borders, any one of these, all of these, cannot wear the name “conservative”. Fraudulent is accurate.

• David Farrar says:

I don’t like it, either. Not because I don’t agree with it, I do; but because it can never be closed off entirely as long as there are economic incentives for those who commit this crime waiting on the other side. That’s the real criminal activity going on here and it’s all being sanctioned by the federal government.

11. georgiafl says:

Speaking of bombshells and bombing….Beck seems to be in trouble…again:

• David Farrar says:

If Glenn thought his own support for Cruz was right, why did he feel it necessary to slander Trump supporters?

• TheTorch says:

Wonderful news if true, there does need to be consequences for what he has done, he has been running his mouth off with all sorts of garbage regarding Trump, even attacking his wife Melania, which is despicable.

• georgiafl says:

It was in his nature/personality/heart/value system to do so…

• boojum says:

IMHO Beck’s behavior has all the hallmarks of Histrionic Personality Disorder. Histrionics have a compulsion to always be center stage (which is why Trump arriving and upstaging Beck’s little speech would be particularly galling.) Also to consider — his consistent upstaging of Cruz in all their interactions. A diagnosis of Histrionic Personality Disorder is also consistent with a dysfunctional childhood experience and self-medication behaviors like alcoholism.

It is only my opinion, and I cite all this not to disparage Glen Beck, but rather to suggest compassion. A Class B Personality Disorder is something that is extremely difficult, some would say impossible, to overcome.

• georgiafl says:

I’ve read that Beck is also bi-polar…one can have more than one Dx. He may even have some characteristics of BPD and other disorders.

There are Tx modalities that can re-train behaviors, but it takes humility and willingness and time to re-train your thinking.

Buying a Maserati and a Jet the same time you lay off workers and talk about paying debt is a sign of lack of awareness.
            (Fiorina laid of thousands and bought six jets and a yacht as I recall.)

• joshua says:

Well, I personally prefer to disparage Glen Beck and give no compassion to a substance abuser…as that is how they are able to continue their “drug of choice”…..he is in charge of himself…even if he has mental issues….no one is his daddy since he turned adult age, and lots of folks overcome their issues the hard way…without blaming folks or circumstances. Perhaps if he cannot overcome his issues, he should get off the public airways and stop ripping off advertisers and audiences.

• If that video doesn’t show someone who has been utterly defeaTED, I don’t know what does…

How about thinking about why people are so furious with you Glenn??? Maybe the lies and obnoxious things you’ve said about the candidate the majority of the country has chosen! Idiot, well you might have to return the Maserati you bought AFTER laying off many of your staff! So loyal you are?! You have no idea what loyalty is, but maybe us “brown shirt” trump supporters, as you’ve called us, are teaching you. WE know the definition of loyalty and so does the next President of The United States, Donald J Trump, he is loyal to the American People, putting America first, bringing back pride and patriotism, something that has sadly been missing for decades within our government! It never left many of the people and he was smart enough and bold enough to bring it to the forefront!

I hope those stations do drop your crazy A$$, Beck! Buh Bye!

• Steve says:

I don’t believe a word Beck says. His show was losing audience for some time, and now he’s using Trump supporters as his excuse for his failed business decisions. You know Beck maybe people don’t like being called nazi, racists, brownshirts, morons, etc. Your disdain for people who don’t agree with you is over the top. Look in the mirror on who to blame.

• TAS says:

Did ya catch Beck’s tongue in cheek signal?….he should get an Oscar.

• georgiafl says:

Mr. Beck is just upset no one wanted to listen to his long-winded expositions about his esoteric theories about the Constitution and GOD.

Mr. Beck, backing an ineligible candidate, is assaulting the Constitution.

Mr. Beck – and Rafael Cruz – going so far as to anoint and swear Ted Cruz in as the next president and fulfillment of a prophecy is bizarre, presumptuous and even heretical.

Then to become angry and call people ugly names when they don’t want to be part of your grand scheme and fantasy shows an unhealthy kind of egotism.

Shades of Jim Jones, William Miller (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Miller_(preacher) and of course, Joseph Smith.

• joshua says:

I think they are cancelling his shows because folks are disgusted by the idiot himself…not because of anyone else.

• yet beck says nothing about the outright vitriol and truly vulgar comments the cruz supporters who worship ted and glenn at the blaze spew daily against anyone who even slightly disagrees with them. hypocrites to the max.

• NCPatriot says:

That is interesting because Beck, himself, has been spewing lies and absolute vitriol about Trump on his radio show for months, including name-calling of Trump and his supporters. Where is the civility there?

12. Travis McGee says:

Wow, I’m wondering how all these new full-throated NYT believers will react if the NYT comes out with an article chronicling with anonymous sources Trump’s ties to the mob that Cruz is starting to push. We are at war so I suggest trying to maintain a healthy cautious scepticism about everything.

• David Farrar says:

Whatever ties there are, it can’t be much or Gov Christy would have never supported Trump

• If the Rush transcript where he basically describes being endlessly courted by amnestoids is correct, then what is happening is that the NYT is recasting old truth as “bombshell” in a politically destructive way. Thus, the material is correct and the Times is correct, but the motivation is bad and the delivery is timed to help Hillary.

Again – the proper response is the counter-blame-shift back to the appropriate parties on the left. Hate the amnestoids who seek the destruction of America. Ignore their first victims.

• Junebug says:

I agree. Talk radio has been a powerful weapon for conservatives and those opposing the forces of globalism. The NYT would like nothing better than for their audiences to dry up and influence to disappear. Everyone needs to have some healthy skepticism of personalities they listen to on the radio. But, they should judge for themselves if they are sellouts. Don’t just take the word of the NYT. The globalist control of Fox News seemed clear cut to me, even before this article.

• joshua says:

a least two, maybe three US Presidents in the 20th century did massive major business with the “MOB” in fact in New York City, under FDR and Truman the MOD were HIRED to keep the dockworkers on the job to load and unload ships to carry supplies during WWII to prevent Union Workers going on strike and demanding concessions during the war effort…..and Kennedy was elected via Mod assistance in Chicago…and Las Vegas and Miami exist because of MOB investment and management of the gambling, tourism industries…and in CUBA as well before Castro threw them all out and took their businesses as well as other US businesses away from them.

Maybe Cruz needs to catch up on US history before he and the other non US citizen start popping off about MOB stuff….in fact, Canadian Ted would not have had parents that cared or knew about it, and certainly Sweaty Marc would not have known about US history from HIS family….

13. Martin says:

14. Ralph says:

As a professional analyst and a long time Rush Limbaugh listener I wonder what show the writer listens to… By the reckoning of this article, Obama is finally admitting he is a Castro-based communist, proven by his visit to Cuba. And Trump is a mafia member because of his relations with mafioso. And Nixon was a Chinese Communist because of his dealing with China.

The author needs to come clean tha he is on Trump’s payroll.

• David Farrar says:

There’s a “payroll” for Trump supporters; WHERE?

• jeans2nd says:

Going by your logic, sir, one could say you infer that the NYT is on Mr. Trump’s payroll. Is that what you are saying?
      As a self-professed “professional analyst,” on whose payroll might you be?
      And if you have read this blog for any length of time, surely you are aware of the many issues that have been covered in depth over several years, long before Mr. Trump and this election, most notably being the Benghazi Brief. Are you saying all this has been done while on Mr. Trump’s payroll?
      Surely, sir, you jest. Regards.

• Reirei says:

Lol, this reminds me of being accused by liberals of being on the RNC payroll for daring to disagree with them and counter protesting them. You have no actual counter argument to what the article , therefore you must throw out baseless accusations. So much nostalgia right now.

15. Martin says:

16. TheTorch says:

I have been following Talk Radio for years. During this primary election cycle it has become more and more obvious that Rush Limbaugh and other Radio Show hosts that we have cherished over the years have been shown to be nothing more than establishment shills. Which is disheartening to say the least.

I did know that Fox News / Murdoch / Ailes were certainly in the tank for the GOPe, but I did not know about the so called meeting which Mr. Limbaugh was present, if that is indeed true, it is shocking but knowing what we know now not surprising.

However, I have to disagree vehemently with putting Laura Ingraham’s name in the title of the article, this is mis-leading. She may of been lobbied by Rubio or others, but being lobbied or reached out too, does not mean you bought into it / agreed with it / or promoted it. None of which Laura Ingraham did.

Laura Ingraham is a 100% border hawk, I have listened to her for years, and I can attest to that being the case. She has been brutal on Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio, furthermore Rubio is scared to death to go on her show, because he knows she will squash him like a bug. She has been the most vocal opponent of Gang of 8 and Amnesty than pretty much anyone I can think of.

During this election cycle she has been probably the most supportive of Trump, and continues to be. She was also the only talk show host I am aware of that actually spoke out about the Cruz tactics in Iowa, while others remained silent or dismissed it as nonsense, like Limbaugh.

• Trumped says:

They talk 364 days like they are your best friend and when it counts they stab you in the back.

• achrysanthemum says:

I agree 100% on Ingraham. I only started following her recently with any regularity, but she has been incredibly supportive of our positions on trade and immigration. She had a great interview a couple days ago with Eric Erickson about his refusal to support Trump if he was the nominee, and he was basically reduced to incoherent ramblings about “values” and “true conservatism”.

I would take any article from the NYT with a lot of skepticism, but when Rush claimed Rubio was a remotely acceptable alternative to Cruz, it’s obvious where his loyalties lie.

• I think what the article says about her is that she purposely didn’t attack the bill when it was first being proposed because of the request at the meetings. It’s not that many in the conservative talk realm were endorsing the gang of 8 bill, it is that they stayed silent or didn’t rip it apart piece by piece as they normally might have done when it was being introduced. Basically they didn’t properly vet it for their audience, and just took “conservative” Rubio’s word for it. They are being blamed for not attacking it. I could be wrong but that is how I understood the article. I don’t listen to her show so I can’t say whether or not she came out immediately against it, or did she say nothing initially and then come out against it later. If it was the later than I would say she is just as guilty.

• emma says:

Ingraham ‘lied by omission.’

“Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.” (Wikipedia)

She remains a liar and a traitor, regardless of what her defenders here claim.

• Junebug says:

Liar and a traitor? You are letting the NY Times turn you against one of the most outspoken opponents of open borders and globalist trade practices out there.

• moleculeism says:

Read it again, in Laura’s case, she did not disclose the lobbying for her silence. Laura is a stalwart supporter of borders and immigration enforcement, but if the article is correct, than her sin, was a sin of ommission, rather than commission.
      I would note, Michael Savage was not invited because Michael does not comply with the globalists or their agendas, in the slightest. He has no ties to fox, whatsoever, and Murdock has no leverage on him (or Breitbart news for that matter). The point of delineation is clear. As much as I love Laura, she’s beholden to Fox, at the very least, to take the meeting and keep quiet about the lobbying effort, if nothing else.

• Junebug says:

The article does not say Laura was asked to stay silent, only that she was contacted regarding the bill. Laura is probably approached every day by politicians advocating for their bills/issues. That kind of contact is fair (unlike the deal made by Rubio / Fox) and unremarkable, not deserving of some special “disclosure”.

• Laramie Dan says:

Good observations on Laura! I hope FNC doesn’t kick her off OR FActor.

• ediegrey says:

Laura is pulling for Cruz – she is just as sneaky as Rush. Wonder what she will have to say about Sessions’ endorsement tomorrow? She will probably start out praising Trump, then stick the knife back in. She featured good old Erick Erickson “Influential conservative radio host and RedState editor” on Friday and is pushing his new book on her website. Laura always laments that no one else seems to be Trump, always criticizing him on policy, etc., loved Marco and Ted at the last debate, etc. etc. These people are very good at what they do if you don’t pay constant attention. Sure her pro working class rants are great, but she undermines them constantly with her National Review, etc. friends.

Friday

17. Martin says:

18. georgiafl says:

At his Twitter site, Mr. Trump has taken out his set of super-sharp Japanese knives and is giving everyone a grand Katsuramuki demonstration on Little Marco Rubio – it’s a glorious thing to behold.

19. Angel Martin says:

Many masks are being torn off in this election !

20. ZZZ says:

When Trump is being interviewed he needs to ask, “What are they so afraid of?”

“Are the afraid of closing the borders?”
    “Are they afraid of protecting the American people?”
    “Are they afraid of preserving American jobs?”

And then do his best Nicholas Cage from Moonstruck:

…and I should be so happy! Huh, sweetie?

21. Trumped says:

They are just middleman spinning the story to us.

TV out
    Radio out

22. LM says:

I am very happy that Glenn Beck is losing listeners. He “prays and fasts” and then along with others like Dana Loesch, lies and deceives people on behalf of Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz’s statment that Donald Trump probably has ties to the mob is an example of this kind of rhetoric–along with statements like “Donald Trump supports partial birth abortion and will kill the second amendment”.

If Mr. Trump did not do business with someone in the mob–simply by doing construction and buying or selling real estate–it would suprise me. Taking something like this, twisting it and speculating and using it to deceive and smear another person is evil.

There is a story ( http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/04/top-trump-business-adviser-admitted-role-in-mafia-linked-stock-fraud-scheme.html.) which states that Mr. Trump hired someone as a consultant for six months whom had had ties to the mob, but who tried to turn his life around and helped the government and saved lives.

• booger71 says:

It is virtually impossible to have a large construction project in NYC without having to deal with the MOB

• lineabirgit says:

how this is anything but positive for donald trump? i think dealing with the mob makes him even sexier.

• Gail Combs says:

Good grief. If you live in New York you deal with the Mob. One of my best friends has ties to the Mob. His mother’s brother is head of the mafia in one of the northern cities. He even knows ‘the God Father’ yet he is a very honest, loyal and law abiding man. Has he done work for the Mob? Yes. He has no choice. However none of the work he has done is illegal.

• NCPatriot says:

Trump says all the time he knows lots of people and deals with them in New York, people with lots of money–and some are good—and some are not so good! We should assume he knows the difference, and conducts his business accordingly!

23. yohio says:

Unreal whether it’s an article from the NYTs or not, how many people will go out of their way to defend these scum sellouts.

24. benY says:

I’m sure it’s been posted, too many to see them all, but if these assclowns were not complicit then why did I hear all them telling us what great conservatives Rubio/Cruz are and that they are not for amnesty. Why does anyone still listen to these traitors and support them with ratings.

• yohio says:

EXACTLY, we know these kind of people in our daily life and families. When stuff is right in front of their eyes they find reasons to defend or they pick certain people out and argue can’t be them. It happens with our families at our jobs, we all know them. Your either involved or not if your complicit your just as quilty. Period. It’s what’s wrong with our society, he was there when someone committed the crime but he’s not guilty. Yet he or she kept quiet, or never said anything. Stop defending these people, they can defend themselves. They sure know how to open their mouths for their own benefits

• grainofsalt says:

I ask the same question. I bet tomorrow most of the people will be tuning in to Limbaugh just to hear him twist words and lie some more then they will have a fit afterwads. It is just rinse and repeat.😐

25. I haven’t seen any change of Laura Ingram’s behavior, she still appears to be against any type of amnesty or illegal immigration as far as I can see, so having said that, I’m going to keep an open mind about her. Now about the others, I absolutely believe.

Here’s a Laura Ingram gem from October 2011 – Trump’s name is mentioned.

“The Laura Ingraham Show – Laura challenges TX GOP Senate candidate Ted Cruz on Chinese imports”

• Trumped says:

The question is if it is wise to not talk about politicians trying to influence your show behind the scenes.
      If she would would this mean she gets less inside info?

• I don’t know how much info discussed on her show was based on “insider info” or was just info already reported. I could see her blowing it off, who knows how often this has been going on in the political arena? I don’t think Rubio is the first candidate. Furthermore, maybe this is why she’s against (or appears to be) Rubio becoming the nominee.

I look forward to her response.

• lineabirgit says:

thank you for posting that. i’ve never heard laura ingraham before. cruz is clearly a globalist open-borders stooge in this exchange and laura is clearly scolding him a bit (but seems to let it slide in the end).

“I understand the concerns about China… but i think its a mistake to try to start a trade war with them.” – Ted Cruz

“You’re killing me on this, dude. The trade war is on and we’re losing it.” – Laura Ingraham

26. LM says:

I think it might be a good idea to listen instead to any local radio which allows one to call in and then do so in order to help set the record straight. We need to help in any way that we can.

• CatherinesMom says:

Speaking of local radio as LM mentions, for those that are listeners of Rush or want him to retire you need to become involved. That means contacting the station which has Rush (or any other radio host). Then you tell the station that you will give them one week to get the traitor off the air. You will no longer support him. THEN you call the sponsors. Most are local businesses. They will then call the station and all hell will break loose. Start there, then go to the larger listening areas and do the same starting now via email. But calls are more annoying and “in your face”.

A tidbit of information. ALL news networks do listen to the CALLS that come in to complain. They do not pay attention to the emails, contrary to what you believe. A phone ringing requires an actual person to answer it or at least clear the messages. That requires bigger staff, annoyance of the ringing and that remains in their psyche. An email is silent and can be deleted as most are. How do I know? My daughter had a job as an intern for CBS, her job is to go through the emails, triage them and delete those non favored ones. It is part of the policy of all networks since the 1950’s. It has not changed with the advent of email.

• CatherinesMom says:

Oh. I need to mention they only count CALLS and real letters. Sorry I thought I mentioned that. So you need to stay old school to get things done. But it works. If it needs to go further you write to the board of directors (chairman/woman) of whoever is the owner of the news corporation.

27. Summer says:

I might even turn on Limbaugh show tomorrow just to enjoy his furiously spinning this news as an attack at his “integrity” or whatever passes for integrity at a cocktail party.

On second thought — nah. I’ve got better things to do.

28. boojum says:

Question: Rush – Is he or isn’t he a sellout?

Isn’t it interesting that we can all point to Rush statements that support opposite conclusions? Is this not the very definition of cognitive dissonance? Is Rush guilty of intellectual inconsistency on a grand scale? Or is cognitive dissonance his goal? Neither is an attractive alternative.

It has been noted in prior posts on this thread that Rush has actually spoken of meetings like the ones cited in the NYT article, and that his answer to these overtures was that he would not support “Gang of Eight” type legislation without the assurance of a twenty-five year moratorium on voting by anyone gaining legalization, and ultimately citizenship, though this legislation.

However, Rush has also repeatedly stated that despite any assurances to the contrary, that any kind of grant of legalization to illegals already inside the United States would quickly devolve into instant citizenship for those so legalized, and lead inevitably to those new citizens block voting for Democrats. So what would have been the use of these assurances that Rush supposedly insisted upon in exchange for his support?

The important takeaway from Rush’s admissions is that such meetings did indeed take place. So the meetings are a fact.

What else is fact?

Rush has said things both supportive and detrimental to Donald Trump, but his overall characterization of Trump’s candidacy is the patronizing and diminishing: Trump is “doing a service.” This, when it should be obvious that Trump is much more than that — he is the candidate that Rush and his audience have been beseeching heaven for – someone who is capable of upsetting the D.C. applecart, who can actually get things done in turning around our path toward the irreversible destruction of the Republic, and in the process expand the Republican party.

On the other hand, Rush has attempted to brand Ted Cruz as the “consistent Conservative” despite the fact that Rush has to know all the things that we know which dispute this, including Cruz’s support for TPA, and therefore TPP. Rush ignores the dirty tricks and lying of the Cruz campaign.

Rush has similarly attempted to brand Marco Rubio as the “full-throated Conservative” despite Rubio’s obvious treachery in running as aTea Party darling and then immediately supporting amnesty upon his arrival in the Senate. Have there been any mention by Rush of the obvious comparisons between Rubio and Obama as equally ill-prepared for the Presidency?

As a side note and early indicator of where Rush really stands I would cite the fact that he has consistently refused to allow rational discussion of the NBC issue going all the way back to Obama, displaying immediate and open hostility to any caller who dared broach the subject.

Is Rush simply intellectually inconsistent, or is he intentionally deploying cognitive dissonance?

You decide.

For readers of Scott Adams – please note that I have placed myself in a win/win. Boojum, master persuader. LOL

• lineabirgit says:

isn’t it rush’s schtick, every election year, to pick a second-fiddle who won’t get the nomination? then grudgingly go with the nominated candidate – if the democrats wins he can bitch about the dems; if the republican wins he can bitch that his second-fiddle would have done a better job. isn’t the the schtick?

29. J Curtis says:

Laura Ingraham is as consistent and good as they come on immigration. No doubt she gets lobbied on all kinds of rino things since she is over at Fox a lot. It does explain Hannity’s strange pro-amnesty position that he suddenly adopted back then.

30. Daz says:

Trump is the only one dead set on building a wall, the others flip flop. If I was a media personality against amnesty. I would let everyone know I supported Trump. Yet they ride the fence or back the person that supported amnesty in the past. Their playing both ends. Trying to appease both, but it won’t work. Their not going to give up their comfy lifestyle for anyone.

31. Druge has siren up. Sessions to endorse Trump!

32. TPaine76 says:

I quit listening to Fox News about 2 years ago. Became tired of that pompous ass O’Reilly and wishy washing Hanity. Also quit Rush about one year ago. I rely on Breitbart and Drudge.

33. PATrumpsupporter says:

I will never get “Marco is a full-throated conservative ” out of my head.

34. PATrumpsupporter says:

I resisted all social media up until now, but now I am going to go sign up for Twitter so I don’t miss any Trumpism. My first tweet will be #nevermitchmcconnell !

35. PATrumpsupporter says:

Followed by Rushisaphony

36. truthandjustice says:

Think all of this “exposure” is a giant wake up call, just like 9/11 and other events, for us all to recognize our horrible apathy, disinformation, trusting in what others say just because we like them for whatever reason, the necessity to do our OWN research, vet candidates much more thoroughly, etc. It’s true, however, that before the era of the internet, social media, the “masses” didn’t have all these conveniences at our finger tips in order to find the truth.
    That’s not to say it wasn’t out there in the history of world politics and goals of the “Elites” in books (New World Order – Global control). I first became aware when someone gave me the book “Brotherhood of Darkness” by Monteith. Wow!! What a shock. Then that and knowing human nature, you could expect (as the Founders knew) the rich and powerful to try to shred the Constitution, manipulate elections, education, media, use of wars to establish their goals.
    Pres. Eisenhower warned of the other which is part of it – the Military Industrial Complex. But most just ignored it I imagine and took the easier route by just trusting whatever our media (and politicians) said and the “nightly news”……which were all being used as PR from the beginning by “liberals”.
    So Rush, Levin, etc. became our sources of info as things got worse, thinking they were really who they said they were —- much too naive, unfortunately.
    As for Rush, I had heard he is involved with the Koch Bros. and he says over and over that ANY Repub. candidate is better than a Dem. So that should tell you all you need to know (not to mention the recent lies re Rubio and Cruz). I’ve learned a lot from him about liberals which I believe is true and such but he’s certainly wrong about these other things.
    I also wouldn’t trust Laura. A close relative said he worked for awhile at the radio station where she was and said she isn’t at all like she appears “on air”. She too will say certain “good” things but at other times she doesn’t. I’m also ecstatic about Beck losing stations. He should. I stopped listening too, hoping this would happen. Hope the others go as well – along with everything else that’s controlled by the evil “Power Elite”.

No worries – our “Batman” (Trump) will overpower the evil characters terrorizing “Gotham City” (America) — see separate post.

37. angie says:

What Trump has done is talk out loud about our government officials attitude: We can cr_p on the heads of our constituents and they cannot do a thing about it. Now, with the NYT article, we see that supposed Conservative media personalities have fallen in with the government officials. Pravda anyone?

38. truthandjustice says:

After having thoughts of Trump being analogous to “Batman”, remembering what that little boy asked Trump one time at his rallies if he was Batman (and he said he was), I looked it up on Wikipedia. LOL Seems he is……….well, almost —-

“Batman’s secret identity is.. an American billionaire.. philanthropist… he swore revenge on criminals (Establishment), an oath tempered by a sense of justice. .. Batman operates in the fictional Gotham City (represents NY City), with assistance from various supporting characters…. he relies on his genius intellect, ..technology, vast wealth, provocation of fear and intimidation, and an indomitable will. A large assortment of villains make up Batman’s rogues gallery, including his archenemy the Joker” (take your pick of who that may be!).

• Reginald Arford says:

I wonder how many have actually read the article?

It’s clear that Sen. Rubio and co. were looking for support.
      It is by no means clear that they got it, especially from Mr. Limbaugh and the other talk radio folks. In fact, the article mentions that they would NOT be likely to support the Gang of Eight bill.
      So let’s not all go off half-cocked, shall we? Read the **** article, THEN comment.

• Coldeadhands says:

And one might ask whether you are reading all the posts here?
        When these radio personalities condem with faint praise or, as in Rush’s case dodge behind the pillar of “entertainer,” they beg to have their motives questioned. They wield far too much power to go unquestioned.
        I’ve listened to Rush for 15 years and Levin for something short of that. As another poster stated, Rush has been invaluable in seeing the evils of progressiveism but his ruse of “never” endorsing a candidate in the primary is growing stale in the face of obvious shortcomings of the candidates of his preference.
        I also grow weary of the dismissive behavior toward criticism from listeners but hey, it’s his show and he is just an “entertainer.”
        My other bone to pick is that I can’t remember when the last time was that I heard the chattering class give “full throated” praise of the middle class. That same middle class that is the engine that drives this economy. That same middle class that is also the incubator for thinking that we see here day after day. The same middle class that I might add has been one of the primary targets of Marxism from its inception.
        I do however hear Trump supporting policies which will benefit the middle class. First and foremost, building a wall. Wealthy entertainers cannot be expected to understand the pressure that cheap undocumented labor puts on the middle class. So many of the Globalist constructs also have our middle class in their crosshairs. Everything about open borders is a threat first to our sovereignty, and then to the very constitutional republic which some of us hold dear. Cruz or Rubio may talk the talk but their slip ups on immigration reveal where their loyalty lies.

39. PATrumpsupporter says:

Sessions for Trump!!! Yuuuuge!!!!what a master he is at this game.

• Reginald Arford says:

Well, either that or the New York Slimes is trying to spread disinformation and propaganda. Remember, they’ve been loosing business; and Talk Radio is a large part of why. Is Mr. Trump friends with the management there, Pinch Shultzberger & Co., fellow zillionares? Does he own their building, or the land under it?

I don’t think that’s ink on their fingers, Robin.

• TrumpFanGirl says:

I cannot be the only one that have heard both Hannity and O’Reilly saying things I KNOW they know are not true, especially regarding Trump’s plans for (what I call it) self deportation of illegals and building of the wall.

40. chuffed-beyond-words says:

This is gross, this is so gross… I can’t believe that they would sell out and toss their morals aside.. and for what? Money??
    At least we know for sure now… who would have thought that the NYT would inadvertently help Donald Trump and his campaign? 😐

• Reginald Arford says:

“Who would have thought…”?
      Gee, I dunno. Some facts-be d**ned liberal rag, who wants to boost Trump?
      One zillionare helping another?
      I can’t imagine how that could have happened….. 🙄

41. glaivester says:

Let’s be clear here – Levin and Ingraham were lobbied to participate, but they refused. The villain here is Rubio who tried to trick them.

42. oncefired says:

Laura Ingraham definitely didn’t take the bait, they may have tried, but I listen to her everyday and she is 100% for building a wall and no amnesty!

43. GSR says:

Laura I. is a strong immigration enforcement supporter, even openly saying she’s in favor of reduced legal immigration. Furthermore, she’s a friend and supporter of Pat Buchanan and agrees with many of his views.

44. Gail Combs says:

Really folks if you want to know where someones ‘loyalty’ lies check who ‘owns’ him.

Rush Limbaugh
    Jul 3, 2008 – Rush Limbaugh signed an eight-year contract for about $400 million, a big jump from his last Clear Channel deal.
    “Conservative radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh Wednesday inked an eight-year contract for around $400 million, underscoring how radio is spending big sums on bankable talent to compete in the crowded entertainment field….”

Clear Channel Communications was taken over by private equity companies Bain Capital LLC and Thomas H. Lee Partners LP in 2008.

According to WIKI
    “…Bain Capital LLC was founded in 1984 by Bain & Company partners Mitt Romney, T. Coleman Andrews III, and Eric Kriss, after Bill Bain had offered Romney the chance to head a new venture that would invest in companies and apply Bain’s consulting techniques to improve operations. Romney was also the sole shareholder of the firm. Early investors included Boston real estate mogul Mortimer Zuckerman and Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots football team. They also included members of elite Salvadoran families who fled the country’s civil war. They and other wealthy Latin Americans invested $9 million primarily through offshore companies registered in Panama….”

45. Gail Combs says:

Remember there are various ways to ‘control the opposition’

One of the easiest on the conscience of the employee is misdirection. The ‘Oh look a squirrel’ strategy where important news or facts are never ever even mentioned.

For example those of us fighting National Animal ID and later the Food Safety Modernization Act found there was a complete media blackout on the truth. If Americans had known the full story they would have arisen in rage.

What the USDA and FDA did was bar inspectors from actually inspecting the meat and switched them to instead checking corporate paper work. The Corporations were to be ‘TRUSTED’ to do the actual inspections. Also feces covered meat that would have been condemned was now considered fit for human consumption if sprayed off with water.

These changes, the adaption of the international HACCP regs, were in 1996 just after the ratification of the World Trade Organization Agreement on Agriculture. The result was a doubling of food borne illnesses. I did the plotting of the data myself. This increase in illness was then blamed on the ‘antiquated unchanged’ food laws instead of the switch to HACCP. The MSM then play up these illnesses and used the hysteria to push the Food Safety Modernization Act through Congress.

The Food Safety Modernization Act allows all blame for food borne illnesses to be ‘tracked back’ to the individual farmer. This leaves the mega-corporations to continue their increasingly poor practices.

So where were all these great ‘conservative’ talk show hosts when all this was going down — SILENT!

SHIELDING THE GIANT: USDA’s “Don’t Look, Don’t Know” Policy

HACCP’S Disconnect From Public Health Concerns
    (John Munsell was one of our best fighters.)