There are a few media presentations as well as the video of the District Attorney press conference below.  It is interesting to note something slipped out that many researchers previously speculated.  Champion was previously misleading the public during media interviews.

Because of the intimacy of the crime, and because it was a lone individual (who never said a word), there wasn’t any “street talk”.  The absence of chatter was clearly stated early and often by both DA Champion and Sheriff Darby (mostly Champion).

February 24, 2016 - District Attorney John Champion addresses the media during a Wednesday news conference in Batesville, M, concering the case of Jessica Chambers. A 27-year-old man, Quinton Tellis, from Jessica Chambers' hometown of Courtland, Mississippi, was identified Wednesday and indicted in the 19-year-old's burning death in December 2014. Joining Champion is Jessica's parents, Ben Chambers (left) and Lisa Chambers (right). (Stan Carroll/The Commercial Appeal)

February 24, 2016 – District Attorney John Champion addresses the media during a Wednesday news conference in Batesville, M, concering the case of Jessica Chambers. A 27-year-old man, Quinton Tellis, from Jessica Chambers’ hometown of Courtland, Mississippi, was identified Wednesday and indicted in the 19-year-old’s burning death in December 2014. Joining Champion is Jessica’s parents, Ben Chambers (left) and Lisa Chambers (right). (Stan Carroll/The Commercial Appeal)

However, Champion repeatedly said the investigators were chasing numerous tips called in – he actually said “hundreds of calls”.  In the presser today Champion admits there were only two calls ever made to the tip line:

[…]  “We hoped early on that some people would come forward, but we got nothing. Even after the reward went up to $54,000, we only got two calls.”

Here’s video of the presser:

Here’s some media information on the day’s events.  Two good overall summaries.

BATESVILLE, Miss. — Quinton Verdell Tellis, a 27-year-old habitual criminal who sits in a Louisiana jail for crimes there, has been charged with capital murder for the 2014 burning death of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers.

An army of local, state and federal investigators, led by District Attorney John Champion, announced the indictment charging Tellis on Wednesday at the Panola County Sheriff’s Department. Champion said Louisiana will finish with its cases against Tellis before he returns to Mississippi, which “won’t be anytime soon.”

The indictment, returned during a specially empaneled grand jury that met Monday and Tuesday in Batesville, closes a 14-month investigation that involved checking more than 20,000 phone numbers and interviewing more than 150 people. Champion said he’s confident Tellis, who grew up in Courtland and knew Chambers, acted alone. He doesn’t expect additional arrests.

Specifically, the indictment charges Tellis with murdering Chambers while in the commission of another crime, third-degree arson. Because of previous charges against him, the indictment also charges him as a habitual offender.

Champion said the decision would be made “down the road” on whether to seek the death penalty, once Tellis is back in Mississippi and the family is consulted. (read more)

Quinton Verdelljessica chambers 8

The Clarion Ledger has another summary:

Mississippi – Even though a prosecutor was finally able to tell the public Wednesday that a man accused of killing a Mississippi teenager by setting her afire more than a year ago has been charged with capital murder, he had to couch the news with a message.

The man accused of killing 19-year-old Jessica Chambers won’t be back in Mississippi for months.

“I don’t anticipate him being here anytime soon,” District Attorney John Champion said of 27-year-old Quinton Verdell Tellis of Courtland. Tellis was indicted by a grand jury Tuesday.

Tellis is currently in jail in north Louisiana and will have to be extradited to Mississippi. Tellis, who lived in Panola County until a period in 2015 when he moved to Louisiana, was found in possession of items belonging to a woman who had been stabbed to death in Louisiana.

Champion said because the state doesn’t participate in an interstate extradition program, what’s known as a “Governor’s Warrant” will have to be prepared and executed and that could take four to six weeks.

Tellis is also facing a May trial date that could delay his return to Mississippi, Champion said.

Authorities said because of the lack of street chatter, the indictment of a man in the Jessica Chambers case relied heavily on data collection

“Capital murder is when a death occurs in the commission of certain other felonies, and in this case it was third degree arson,” Champion said.  (read more)

jessica chambers angel imagejessica angel 2

Darby - Panola county ~ Sundance

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cultural Marxism, Culture, Death Threats, justice for jessica, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

212 Responses to Mississippi Authorities Announce Murder Charges in Jessica Chambers Case – Press Conference Video…

1. Clc says:

so the case is circumstantial evidence?

2. AghastInFL says:

Another inconsistency IMO is Champions insistence that there was nothing poured down Jessica’s throat, characterizing it as an internet rumor, whereas the story originated from published reports and the father of the deceased.

3. auscitizenmom says:

I’m glad there is at least this coming out. I wish we could count on a trial and a death sentence.

4. hocuspocus13 says:

Too bad we can’t burn him on the stake… 🔥

5. coeurdaleneman says:

I was a contrarian in this case, for the aspects that the officials intentionally botched the crime scene and had evil motives/complicity to avoid “solving” the crime.

For me, Occam’s Razor dictated that Panola County is a poor jurisdiction swamped with the underclass, who are uncooperative due to a sick culture and intimidation from the gang scene. Not to mention pressure from the DC political class to turn one’s head.

In my heart of hearts, I believe that the some upright federal LEO technicians broke this case with CSI evidence. We’ll see.

6. zephyrbreeze says:

It would be hellish for a family, and her friends to think that this monster was out roaming around. Good to know that he’s at least in a cage, like he deserves to be, as the animal he truly is.

7. Toronto Tonto says:

Not holding my breath. Call me cynical.

8. ncobserver says:

Could she have said “Go Hard” rather than “Eric/Derrick?”

9. David says:

Finally! I haven’t forgotten about this case. Maybe Jessica can now rest. I can’t imagine the pain the family has felt. Is still feeling. Maybe they can now at least have a small amount of peace. Maybe.

• 1321weave says:

I believe she’s been at perfect rest since she entered the Lord’s arms, but her family must be in pure hell almost constantly. I have a daughter and a son, I get choked up just typing this thinking of them. I hope you’re right. I hope this helps them.

• David says:

I remember all the players in this case. And I sure don’t remember a Tellis being mentioned. Not one time. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Last one to be seen with her. In a “relationship”. Oh yea, great police work.

• lou says:

the characters are interchangeable…..sloths….listless….arrogant….takers….cheaters…haters…its no wonder we can’t keep them straight..

• AghastInFL says:

Tellis was in jail until October 2014, I’m not sure what day he was released but Jessica was murdered in the first week of December, whatever relationship there may have been, it was short lived.

• cajunkelly says:

I remember Go Hard being mentioned several times, and I remember there being a connection to a female in the area where he is now incarcerated. Far too much time has passed for me to remember the name, but I specifically remember checking out a FB page of that female, and even had it bookmarked for a long time, then cleared out all the bookmarks I had back then regarding Jessica.

10. Gang Busters says:

I wouldn’t trust DA Champion. This is a man who in 2015, contradicted himself a few times and this Website reported on that. Also, Mr. Champion acted as if Jessica and Quinton Trellis, really were not that close. Which we believe is the case.

Trellis was released from a Mississippi Correctional Facility in last October 2014. Jessica was burned alive only a number of weeks later, on December 6th, 2014.

What was the motive, a crime of passion, NO. Robbery, NO. A drug deal went bad, NO.

Jessica’s murder has all the ears marks of a targeted killing, a Gang related murder.
    This was premeditated, pre-planned. At least 5-7 gallon of gasoline was used to burn her, her vehicle, inside and out and burn the rubber off all 4 tires.

This all took place on a lonely back rural road, at night. Someone lured Jessica to the place where this evil deed was done, someone she trusted.

It was known that after Jessica left Leah’s house, a Christian Discipleship program, that she wanted a different life, away from the dark gang culture that had held her captive for many years, during this time Jessica was ganged raped twice, assaulted and threaten with death on numerous occasions.

Jessica was in the process of writing a book about the story of her life, she wanted others to know about her story, so that they wouldn’t go down that path to the gang culture.

All of this Jessica experienced at the hands of different black male gang members, i.e. Gangster Disciple members Bryan Rudd, Traivs Sanford etc.

11. crossrib says:

If they could have solved this case sooner, they may have prevented the death of the woman Tellis murdered last year for which he is now incarcerated.

12. Howie says:

IMO he has done this before. Maybe after. An Obama Son that felt entitled.

13. Howie says:

From what I see and hear. The Po Po in the USA are seeing themselves as JEDI. I say this from personal observation.

14. keebler AC says:

Is that him in the center, being shielded on all sides by the group???

This photo was posted on one of the Derrick or Kedrick’s Facebooks with words to warn town that they would protect their own. If these jerks knew who did this to Jessica, they should all be brought in. No excuses allowed, Darby and Champion! It was the no snitching rule.

Tellis’ crime went protected by “no chatter” in Courtland. This is a crime too! Don’t let it get dropped from our sights until full justice is served.

• keebler AC says:

Notice the third finger symbol he’s wearing.

• TexasRanchQueen says:

That is a Chevy symbol.

• keebler AC says:

It’s a well known fact that gang members utilize whatever logos are available in the commercial market to signal a message. They’ve adopted Dallas colors and various other football logos/gear as ID symbols. Altho I’m not aware that the Chevy logo is specifically adopted by a specific gang, let’s not be naive about the symbology.

• TexasRanchQueen says:

Well sir, I must admit that I am very naïve when it comes to gang symbolism. You see a “third finger” and I see a “Chevy”.

• keebler AC says:

I saw both the overt symbol (Chevy) and the hijacked symbol. Google gang and brand name symbols. It’s not like they’re going to print a third finger on a T-shirt when the message is supposed to be underneath like a warning to get past authorities. Clever isn’t it? Because obviously the town got the message and went quiet allowing a second woman to be murdered because the culprit felt safe haven from these protective gang members to try again.

• Very clever. Brilliant marketing.

• keebler AC says:

Only two tips came in on the $54K Reward Notice. Pretty effective.

The smiling dufus in the front, such angelic faces he possesses to belie the threat, is sublimely holding a slightly modified Chicago Imperial Gang sign while the rest threaten with hands hidden in their pockets. I can’t seem to link the IG gang hand symbol from which it is derived but seeing that they could have chosen Crips, Vice Lords, Gang Disciples more popular in the area but going with a Chicago gangland symbol stands out. Again, they can’t depict a clearly gang symbol but the town and gang members know what message is being sent out.

• phislamjam says:

from what I understand, they are all still being very quiet. I believe there is reason to live in fear in that town today, after him being singled out for committing the crime. Will be interesting to see what happens. These “people” are the scum of the scum.

• keebler AC says:

Note also all the hands are hidden in their pockets except the one in the very front. I’ve also seen that double clasped hands with fingers joined at top gesture among photos of gang members. I’ll try to find them again. It’s a sign of solidarity. Even if they were not involved, it is an offense to make threats against witnesses in the community and interfere with justice on a murder case.

• wanthetruth says:

Yesterday’s thread had a link to a slide show of fb photos of Tellis. One of them had a post beneath it that said, “my son” made by Rebecca Wright. I don’t know if he is her son or it was an offhand comment, but I remember her – didn’t she have son or some close other named Derrick /Erik? IIRC that someone had a car w/ tires like the conv. store car in cctv video. Wire rims or whatever – was it red car?

• wanthetruth says:

This is the slide show. In a picture of tellis posing by his car Rebecca Wright says, “look at my son”. If it doesn’t open at the right pic it’s like 7 or 8 in. I believe she was the one who sold the tires or rims for pretty cheap soon after Jessica’s murder (not from car in this pic, I don’t think).

• John Galt says:

“It was the no snitching rule.”

No snitching guideline? 😉

“Quinton Tellis, who was Burdette’s cellmate in the Panola County Jail for a three-month period, testified that, prior to the shooting, Smith had shown Tellis his .380 pistol and stated that the gun was “to protect himself from Scooter [Burdette].” Tellis testified that Smith had told him that Burdette had tried to rob him, and that Burdette also had sprayed Smith with mace.”

• Not sure if it is him. I thought it might be the guy in the black and white shirt on the right. I agree with all the rest of your statement.

• lorac says:

I think you are mistaken. This is NASA’s most recent astronaut graduating class….

15. Clc says:

in the news conference, the D.A. thanked the us marshals. I am going to guess that the stingray device was used to intercept phone calls. when the D.A. brings in outside prosecutors to run his case by them, doesn’t sound like he is confident in his case. I hope he can get his conviction.

16. keebler AC says:

Remember this? Only a couple of weeks before Jessica’s demise. Quinton did not do this alone. Jessica admits to her mother a few weeks earlier that she feared death threats for snitching. I believe she was trying to exit the lifestyle. There is still a possibility undesired by Darby given how quickly he destroyed the crime scene that Jessica was helping local authorities round up the gang members. She cryptically told her mother she loved her and that was the last message.

I believe someone earlier noted that Quinton has connections to the Sanfords.

This is NOT OVER. And Obama “middle finger” charlaton and Uncle Hussein will pay.

• LBH says:

This one arrest doesn’t tie this mess of a case in a bow at all for me. There were people on social media (very early on) who stated “they went too far” and alluded to the fact that she participated in her own death and didn’t realize it.

If Tellis was the sole person at the scene and he was the sole person to kill her (doubtful) then there should be other arrests for accessory to murder.

The botched crime scene, Ali with the pictures and the CCTV tapes, LLE not seizing the tapes, Auntie Sha Sha and the party… There is no way that Boss Hog can wrap up all the loose ends with one arrest/indictment.

• Beth says:

This looks like “street chatter” to me – just didn’t quite get to the authorities “ears”.

17. freddy says:

That arrest does not end the story. I read every article here for months on this case and it’s much deeper than 1 guy on a jealous bent.

18. freepetta says:

We will see the evidence in due time, I am very curious to see it. This perp deserves the death penalty if convicted. In all my years I’ve yet to see such a horrendous crime with the exception of ISIS savages who should meet a similar fate.

• JeremyR says:

Every person convicted of 1st or 2nd degree murder should be executed.
      Our court screwed up big time when they repealed the death penalty in 1973. That same court also approved the murder of small children. Did they get one thing right?
      I also think every convict should watch a few executions. Put it on their television. Make them think long and hard about the consequences of their life of crime.

19. imreek says:

I seem to remember that sometime early after the murder there was a comment that Jessica was rejecting someone who wanted a relationship. Could this be the person and the rejection the reason?

20. Romney now with Trump has IRS problems.

Said such on Neil Cavoto’s show on Fix Buss a bit ago

21. Truthfilter says:

Doesn’t capital murder mean that he did not necessarily intend to kill her but her death was a direct consequence of another crime (felony arson in this case)? So he is allegedly guilty of intentionally setting fire to her car but didn’t intend to kill her in the process? And they supposedly had a relationship? I’m very familiar with domestic violence. It’s odd that a jealous/rejected boyfriend would set fire to his girlfriend’s car in a fit of rage. I could see smashing a window or her face or both or even beating the car with an object. But burning it to a literal crisp tells me that there was something about the car itself that he wanted destroyed OR he simply helped/assisted OTHERS with setting the car on fire. He was an accomplice. There are others. Is he not the driver of the white truck in the surveillance videos?

• keebler AC says:

It was not done in a fit of jealous rage nor because of being refused during a pass. The amount of gasoline used as identified by ATF means it was planned in advance.

• lorac says:

Just playing devil’s advocate – it might not have been rejection at a pass, certainly you’re right, this was planned. But it could have been rejection of a proposal, and the proposal could have been previously. This could have been cold blooded revenge, if I can’t have you, no one will. Not saying that’s what happened, just that if rejection played a part, it didn’t have to be rejection at that very moment…..

• whodoneit says:

Should be first degree murder and nothing less.

• BobNoxious says:

Capital murder means it’s a death penalty eligible crime.

• lovely says:

It is a Capital Crime (punishable by Capital Punishment/Death Penalty) because the murder was committed concurrent with arson. Champion wouldn’t go to motive but if rape or attempted rape is also part of the indictment that also makes it a Capital crime.

• lorac says:

IANAL, but I think there should be an extra penalty because he didn’t try to save her, didn’t realize the awfulness once he saw it, and try to help. If you shoot someone with a gun, that’s so fast, but starting someone on fire…? You have time to realize the severity and try to put the fire out. Not just depravity, but grave depravity….

• Alex says:

“Doesn’t capital murder mean that he did not necessarily intend to kill her but her death was a direct consequence of another crime (felony arson in this case)?” <– No, that’s “felony murder,” which allows a murder conviction even without specific intent to kill.

“Capital murder” is murder for which a defendant is death-eligible; the criteria depends on state law. In the state I’m licensed to practice in, capital murder is first-degree murder with “special circumstances,” which can include murdering another for financial gain; murdering a police officer, firefighter, prosecutor, judge, juror, or elected official; murdering another because of their race, color, religion, etc.; murdering another by drive-by shooting; murdering more than one victim; murder involving poison; and several others.

There is a “felony-murder” type special circumstance in this state which can make a killing death-eligible if committed during certain enumerated serious felonies, like rape, kidnapping, robbery, and arson. There’s also a felony-murder rule that allows a murder conviction (though not necessarily capital murder) if a death occurs as a result of “inherently dangerous felonies” such as meth production, setting a car fire, or possessing a bomb, even if the death was an accident.

22. knoxy85 says:

If DA Champion says he “acted alone” and that they “do not expect any other arrests”, that’s a pretty good indication to me that Tellis had help and the DA knows it, he just isnt pursuing charges against the others because ______ (insert whatever ridiculous reason here.) I also don’t believe that Tellis and Jessica were in any sort of “on again-off again relationship” that apparently NOBODY- (family, friends, coworkers, etc) knew about,- because they (and all the treepers here for that matter) were well aware of all of her previous relationships with similar characters. So I’m still of the opinion that this was a gang hit and since this guy moved out of state, he was the easiest for the others to point the finger at when they were all rounded up on gang/drug charges a few months ago.

I fear that we may never know the truth of what really happened to Jessica that night, but hopefully this arrest will be of some comfort and relief to her parents. God Bless them.

• keebler AC says:

Ironically, Quinton Tellis knows what happens to people like him who try to snitch. So he isn’t telling even if he is in prison.

• whodoneit says:

I wouldn’t be so sure. If he’s facing a long stretch or life – what has he got to lose?

• lorac says:

Plus, if he’s on death row… don’t you get your own cell? You’re kind of safer…? (just thinking of tv shows…) Or maybe you could make a deal to be in isolation forever? (although that would be awful in itself…) but I suppose even then, someone could get to a cook, and pass him poisoned food…

23. flyingtigercomics says:

As long as people keep digging for the truth, it’s never the crime that gets the guilty, it’s the coverup.

And in this case the guilty includes more than just the subhuman perpetrator(s) but the corrupt officials who have tried to avoid the case like the plague.

24. Jett Black says:

I said over a year ago that whomever the locals put this on should be presumed to be a patsy, not the real killer or at most a “soldier” of some gang who did it on orders from someone they won’t touch. Mighty convenient that he’s in jail in Louisiana and maybe implicated in another murder. I really hope they prove me wrong when trial time comes, if it ever does.

If he’s convicted in Louisiana, depending on his record there and potential repeat offender status, he could go down for functional life. Panola will not likely pay to extradite, house, and try a guy who’s already doing life in Louisiana. Anyway, wait and see. Thanks very much to Sundance and all Treepers for keeping “Justice for Jessica” in the light.

• Mudpie says:

I concur.

I discovered Sundance and the Treehouse as a result of Jessica’s death. From all I read back then, this jives with the consistent prediction that the law in Panola was crooked and there never would be a real solving of the crime.

This guy (Go Hard) will never see himself outside of Louisiana if he is charged and convicted of murdering the Asian woman. The fact they have him on using her credit card suggests they may have more. As long as Louisiana has custody of him, there will be no arraignment, preliminary hearing or trial. Cannot reveal any of the investigation into Jessica’s death because it would compromise any future trial. Nothing more to see here folks … move on.

It will all fade away. Sadly.

• Jett Black says:

That said, if he is guilty, Angola is a “nice” place for him.

25. preppin247 says:

No one deserves what happened to Jessica.. I read evey post when the case was first developing ….it captivated and disgusted many of us .. put let’s be honest ..she was attracted to the thug life and as the saying goes ” you burn the coal you pay the toll”

• keebler AC says:

That judgment is for God to make because you don’t know that she wasn’t trying to get out of the lifestyle with the police’s help, in a bid to trap the gang members in town. She worked a deal to get out of Leah’s House earlier than expected if you recall. She was expected to complete her rehab term due to police offense. The police wouldn’t let her out so quickly for nothing. There are lots of examples of minor players being used to trap gangs in exchange for lessened charges. I wish people wouldn’t pass quick judgment on these girls who are trying their best to rise above liberalized indoctrinations and a rotten economy where quick money is adulated. Do you mean to say Jessica deserved what she got? I’m not certain. Maybe you don’t mean it, but this is essentially your opinion. I don’t think it’s fair, you don’t know what happened, and the rumors about her going to a hotel does not say that she went willingly. The video at M&M’s gas bar showed the possibility that she was followed too. We don’t have all the data because it has been blocked.

• preppin247 says:

Not judging anyone but.. myself and I’m sure many others grew up in a small town with no money and CHOSE a path that didn’t include drugs..gangs and the thug life.. yea even as a teenager there’s a little voice in your head to help guide you . As the saying goes “you sleep with dogs you’re gonna wake up with fleas”

• lorac says:

But maybe our parents gave us that little voice. I don’t think her parents were much in the way of mentors to her….

• punkinseed says:

Ya. Let’s see how well any kids do in such an environment where the parents were tweakers and undereducated and didn’t have their own Jiminy Cricket to pass on to their children. The Fleas Dog thing is way too judgmental and downright cruel. That attitude sucks the lifeblood of any hope for kids trying to change their lives as much if not worse than the drug/gang culture they’re trying to leave. Those kids ask for help and judgmental people give them a stone.

26. Lottacats says:

Not for a minute can I believe only 2 tips came in. Just don’t buy that at all.

27. I’m beyond tired of looking at the same sad bunch of stupid, obese hometown cuckolds like the local DA and the sheriffs in this case, patting each other on the back and spouting off the same “thoughts and prayers” about the “unforeseen tragedy” that has gripped the community.

I’ve seen this story played out dozens of times all over the country; the same pale and bloated faces taken aback by the inhuman cruelty that somehow was able to assail their children under their careful, watchful eye.

Aren’t their children deserving of a better future? They talk like these social deviants, these hellspawns, just fell from the sky one day. If you aren’t going to fulfill your duties of law enforcement or criminal investigation, if you’re going to sit in your lazyboy and watch your bigscreen so as to not disturb the bliss of political correctness … at least think about stepping up to the responsibility of being a steward of the next generation.

“Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?”

• keebler AC says:

“Liberal” indoctrination by media and lazy-minded “european 3-4 day work week and complete summer holidays while expecting income” type mediocrity has overtaken America. Quick change and money is what Americans want now. Trump is the tip of the tidal wave of change and sea of higher expectations. Am I surprised that even Jessica Chambers case is being solved?

28. Michael Dixon says:

Guilty or not, Tellis has already been tried and convicted in the minds of some people. Reportedly, evidence was found connecting Tellis to the Chinese exchange student who was murdered. What evidence was found connecting Tellis to Jessica Chambers at the time of her death?

If Tellis is tried before a jury of his peers, will they reach a unanimous verdict of guilty? Will every juror believe he is guilty beyond any reasonable doubt? A halfway competent defense attorney could ensure a verdict of not guilty on at least the homicide charge and maybe the arson charge as well. This saga of rural Mississippi is far from over.

• JohnP says:

So far all that Champion is admitting they have –

“Champion says authorities zeroed in on Tellis when they got information on the location of his phone: “We came to the realization that he was with her at 6 o’clock. Their phones were absolutely together in Batesville,” he says.

“….he basically put himself with Jessica until 7:26. We know she was on the scene until 7:31. So the chances of her being with somebody else for 4 minutes just doesn’t make sense.”

29. Clc says:

I have not followed this case, but with another murder in Louisiana, could this guy be a black Ted bundy serial killer?

30. Michael Dixon says:

Evidence?

31. Will says:

Perhaps with a new AG in DC we may see the deck get seriously shuffled. These locals may be under pressure to get this swept under the rug asap. Have to keep in mind that this admin is intensely hostile to small, local police departments. Particularly with a case with these sort of players. Could also be that Tellis is the designated jailbird to take the bid.

32. czarowniczy says:

Local news (our local news is New Orleans) has been all this announcement since noon. I’d have posted sooner but Sundance does a far better job without the bitterness and sarcasm that flavors my opinion of Deep South justice. Local news was probably is all over this due to the paucity of local stories about murders being solved.See what I mean about that sarcasm thing.
    i have some opinions but I may have to drive thru Panola County one day sooooooo…. There are just too many things being said that can be taken more than none way – this guy seems to be a very convenient target at a convenient time.
    it looks like Louisiana will have dibs on him for some time and by the time, if ever, he is released to Mississippi the case itself will be dead. Case closed, further embarrassment avoided, careers saved.

33. Nycgal says:

The fact that this genius was able to stump various LEOS and sophisticated technology for 14 months is quite the feat on his part. Which begs the question: What’s really going on? Early on they had to have known that the suspect was one of a handful of people to have last seen Jessica. But it seems there was no attention paid to this individual.

There was also a very strange thing with his mother. Right after the murder, it seems that the mother was the first person to accuse Ben Chambers on social media. Dozens followed suit. I wonder if QT came home reeking of gasoline that night?

Also, did anyone else think it strange that Champion said he was just about convinced the case was solved 4-5 times? With evidence pointing to 4-5 other suspects? I found this to be a terrible slip on his part. That admission alone raises far more questions than it answers.

• VegasGuy says:

Got to agree with you on those points.

I am still finding the timeline quite puzzling. LE has her at a residence just prior to 6PM for 5-7 minutes. My analysis of the video footage (quite accurate BTW) has her leaving M&M at 6:30 PM, according to the video footage we had available. For that to jive, then the DST scenario put forth by Ali has to be correct & the video footage was indeed 1 hour off and she actually left M&M at 5:30 PM.

But, if that is true, then 25 +/- minutes transpired between her leaving M&M and her arrival at a residence, reportedly at just prior to 6 PM & staying for 5 – 7 minutes. That was reported as being in Courtland. So where did she go for 25 minutes? Something is missing there. She did not go to Batesville since LE puts her there after 6:10PM & she is there for 10 – 15 minutes, then is traveling back to Courtland.

LE then has her on the phone with Mom at 6:48 – 7:13 PM. Again, about 23 minutes after the Batesville sighting. We do not know exactly where she is at that time. But what did she do or where did she spend the 23 minutes while either in Batesville or traveling about prior to returning to Courtland?

LE then has her phone active at the crime scene at 7:31 PM. That is 18 minutes after the call with Mom ended. So where did she go or what did she do for those 18 minutes? Or for that matter, from the 6:15 PM sighting in Batesville? The travel time to/from Batesville/ Courtland is under 10 minutes. So what was she doing for about 1 ½ hours from 6:15 PM through 7:31 PM?

If it is true that her car keys were found near 124 Main street, which is walking distance from the crime scene. LE has her at the scene from 7:31 PM. If the keys were actually found at that spot, we can logically assume the car was not driven, but remained at the scene from 7:31 PM forward. The “alleged” car on fire call came at 8:09 PM. That’s 34 minutes after she is on scene. LE does not report movement of her phone during that time. If true, then either she or at least her phone, remained at the scene with the car from 7:21 PM forward.

That would be enough time for a person or persons to walk to 124 Main street & return. If the report of the keys is correct, then there might be a clear connection. Yet, LE has not confirmed or denied that aspect or even commented on it as factual or not.

LE is saying they place Quintons’ phone with Jessica drom about 6 PM thru 7:26 PM. What about from that point to the time the “car on fire” call was made? it would be interesting to understand how they questioned him regarding this & how theyinitially “cleared” him. Pretty shoddy police work if they later somehow zeroed in on him as the prime suspect, IMO. How can the “last know contact”, as LE has acknowledged, with a victim be released, and more importantly, allowed to leave the State? Especially with no other leads? LE says they “questioned” over 150 individuals.

And then there is this report, which I found curious at the least…..

{Snip}….”I’ve worked homicides for 22 years, and typically we have people who don’t want to cooperate or don’t want to talk to us, but we’ve yet to have that in this case. Every single person we’ve decided we wanted to interview, everyone we wanted to polygraph has agreed,” Champion said. “We’re building up a DNA database, and everyone we’ve asked for a sample, we haven’t had a single person yet refuse to do any of these things.”

That is a strange statement to release IMO.

Interesting that they are compiling a DNA data base when there really is no DNA to compare from any of the remains of the car itself. The ONLY possible DNA that there could be would come from the discarded phone & battery unless there is some other physical evidence ( from Jessica?), they have from the crime scene that they have not released.

So, just what are they “compiling” a DNA data base? What are they planning to, or hoping to, compare it with? And wouldn’t Quinton, when they did investigate him, have submitted as they claim all who were asked, did? Just doesn’t logically follow IMO.

LE has not clarified any of the outstanding questions regarding this investigation. An indictment of an individual does not “solve” a case with so many still unknowns. There are many “minutes” of activity and interactions and “gaps” with persons unknown that are unaccounted for. There is more to this case, and other implications, than we are being led to believe.

• jewelsc6 says:

I hear you Vegas Guy. I am trying to put it together and it’s just not working for me.

• VegasGuy says:

I’m with you on that Jewelsc6…….

My conclusion (my own opinion, of course), is that Quinton is NOT the perp, But he becomes a very culpable ( and easily pointed at) suspect who may never make it to Panola County in the foreeable future..IMO, they are hoping & praying that La. indicts, tries, & convicts him of the other murder in their jurisiction. Then Jessica’s case just disapears from the map forever.

To change my mind, LE would have to produce some (ANY) circumstantial evidence that ties Quinton to the scene & the crime. They have been talking in circles but have not produced any evidence of his involvement beyond potentially his phone being in the vicinity of Jessicas’ within the time frame & an “indictment”. Surly they would have had that phone data from week 1. In all honesty, they might have taken months to cross reference tha data & “stumble” on the fact that the 2 phones were located at the precise same location at the same time.

I also found it odd that none of our deep digging sluths ever came up with a connection between Quinton & Jessica. “Go Hard” might have been mentioned in passing within a thread or 2. But Quinton Tellis?….That name never surfaced to my recollection.

As another poster wrote upthread……

Doesn’t that statement imply that BOTH phones were being monitored? How else would they be able to state ……“….he basically put himself with Jessica until 7:26″…… if not for both phones “pinging” the same exact locations? So dispite what Champion says, Jessica’s phone was tracked throughout & did not suddenly come on-line at 7:31 PM. Hence, they know her travels ( and therefore her locations) between 6:15 PM & 7:31 PM.

Again, the inconsistency lingers…..Since they put his “phone” in Batesville, with Jessica, at 6 PM. They then say he was with her through at least 7:26 PM. YET, in the same breath, they say she was unaccounted for (location wise anyway), for the hour interval from 6:30 – 7:31 PM. That’s when they claim her phone “re-surfaced”, Yet Quintons’ phone is active at the same time frames & locations through 7:26 PM? Odd that they were able to pinpoint her locations up to 6:15 PM & then again from 7:31 PM, but no locations between those times? Within a time frame where they claim Quinton “places himself” with Jessica through 7:26 PM?

Then what? His phone goes silent, which we have to assume since LE makes no mention of further movement by him beyond 7:26 PM & hers just gets happens to turned on at 7:31 PM?

That just does not fly, to me anyway. Either they place BOTH him & her together for that same time frame or they have zero idea where either was, or even if they were together.

IMO, something transpired between 6:30 – 7:31 PM that they are fully aware of and are not disclosing for whatever reason. I am certain they know exactly what her movements were throughout the time frame of 5:30 – 8:00 PM.

I don’t expect closure on this case without a trial & that appears unlikely at this point. So unless something really major emerges, this case, and any further speculation, is over for all practical purposes.

Really sad for what was supposed to be “closure”.

• jewelsc6 says:

I am following Greg Coy Fox 13 on Twitter He just announced that La DA told him that Panola County has Dna. But Champion will not confirm. Sounds like there is something going on with the two so I am following closely!

• VegasGuy says:

That’s an interesting development……Now we can see what Champion’s next move will be. Does he extradict & try Quinton or does he punt? His presser kind of indicated that he was going to let La run its’ course regarding the charges there.

Also interesting regarding the DNA that La believes Miss has ICW Quinton. They also mention physical evidence, but that could just be the phone records.If Panola really had DNA samples from Quintion, sequencing really does not take all that long to process. So Panola should have had a confirmation regarding DNA present a long time ago. Yet over a year passes before they take action?

And Champion’s “reasoning” for highlighting Quention was the supposedly sudden realization that his phone placed him with Jessica at 6 PM in Batesville. At keast that is Champions’ claim.

So while Champion MAY have DNA evidence from whatever source, he possibly does not have an actual DNA sample from Quintion as yet.

No one has stated they have MATCHING DNA evidence have they?

Remember Champion stated….”everyone we ASKED cooperated….” Perhaps Quinton wasn’t asked at the time, and by the time they got around to it, he had already skipped town….Off the radar & laying low. Maybe the criminal background check run by La alerted them to a connection with Panola Co. & maybe he was flagged by Champion & Co in the Criminal database & that’s how it gets back to Panola Co.

That alone could be the decisive factor that brought him back into the investigation.

So I won’t keep my fingers crossed just yet until we see what Champion’s next move is.

LE down there is a mighty strange breed in my book. Maybe you, I, and many other sluth treepers should be the lead investigators…….At least we seem to at least ask the right questions….LOL

• jewelsc6 says:

LOL Could not have said it better myself Vegas Guy! This is very interesting let’s see what Champs next move is Too bad they did not put it all together earlier, maybe the Foreign Student might still be alive !

• VegasGuy says:

Time will tell…..Also keep in mind the wording of the charges. Basically they are saying, without clarification, Jessica’s death was as a result of the commission of a Felony…Arson of the car in this case.

If you recall our last exchange from a prior update, I was of the opinion that the Arson was intentional but Jessica’s death may not have been. Her dying during the committing of the felony Arson still constitutes Capitol Murder legally……..So we shall see how this all proceeds…..

Love these exchanges…really gets the thought process going.

• skeptic says:

I agree with you. The arson was intentional. The death was not.

• skeptic says:

They didn’t have his phone early on.

• VegasGuy says:

True…. but they did have the tracking data from day1…The “technology” data as Champion puts it. It took them until Oct 2015 to cross reference all the data & match that data with people. That’s too long for a community of what., 500 peple? Granted there would also be passer bys & transients that ould have to be ID’ed & either eliminated or followed up on. But really, this was the best they could do in an over year long investigation?

Small county. They couldn’t have been swamped with open cases. But they, along with Feds, did swoop up 19 others in non-related gang & drug crimes. So maybe that’s where local LE spent the majority of time & Jessica’s case was put on the back burner, so to speak, as they had exhausted all their viable leads.

The fact that they had 4 – 5 prior suspects on radar that resulted in dead ends, leads me to believe that the data analysis was started as a last resort, hence the long time frame.

I could be wrong, but that is the indication from my standpoint. Of course, once they were able to place someone in proximity to her within the time frame, it became easier to narrow the investigation to a single person of interest.

The problem, I believe, was that by that time, Tellis had left Miss. & LE had no idea where he went until he surfaced in La. & in custody on charges there. Id’ing him was probably the result of La doing a criminal/finger print check. And he suddenly “pops” up as a person of interest in a Miss. murder. Pretty sure that’s how Panola got notified of his whereabouts.And then Panola intensified their investigation of the last known contact with Jessica. He wasn’t going anywhere from that point on.

And it still took them 4 months to nail down a probable cause to take to a GJ. That really says they have a circumstantial case with little hard evidence beyond the phone records & potentially some trace DNA evidence from whatever source. I don’t believe, IMO, they have his DNA for comparision.

Ball is in Champions’ court. Let’s see if he pursues extridiction back to Panola. If the case is solid, there should be no reason not to.

• VegasGuy says:

Checked it out…could not navigate through it. So I’m not sure what you are highlighting.

Social media is just not my cup of tea.

• jewelsc6 says:

He has photos of himself posing in his underwear, almost as if he is a male stripper LOL. Numerous women connections. Which I hope authorities are checking to see if they are still alive.

• jewelsc6 says:

Also they took this Quinton Tellis fb down, but on his fb he praises Allah. Ali says he came to M&M everyday. So possible connection!

• jewelsc6 says:

We do know the car was doused from front to back and tires doused . So I believe extra gas purchased to pour all over her and vehicle. .Remember we have very little information given to us and the gas had to have come from somewhere. Also some investigators have speculated that it is possible he was a serial killer and a loner. So I have been brushing up on profiles of serial killers very interesting stuff..

• phislamjam says:

They processed his DNA and it came up as a positive hit. I’m guessing they stalled, knowing he was already in jail and used the time to arrest a good portion of his gang and to juice them for info, they are all worthless animals deserving of whatever comes their way. And their momma’s too. Because they raised these pieces of shit.

• VegasGuy says:

Jewelsc6…..LOL
                  I get it now. He aspired to be a Chippendale…..He needs the Bow Tie for sure…..

Getting back to our prior discussion……For the past few days I have been reviewing the new info that was released & I reviewed my file on this case. I have come to a conclusion that there really are only 2 questionable time frames that we have zero info on.

Jessica gets a phone call at home & leaves home on short notice. LE states that they know who made that call & that person is not involved (but they never confirmed who that person was). And that was an LE statement from long ago when they had no person of interest identified. She & Tellis had to have been in contact because she went & picked him up shortly after leaving M&M and as a direct result of the call to her at home. It is a strong possibility Tellis initiated that call. Following so far…?

Keeping that in mind, remember LE recently stating Tellis was one of the first that they questioned? At that point, LE did not have all the phone records & data sorted out, so he was initially cleared.There was absolutly nothing regarding the videos of M&M that implicated Tellis as having even been there. He was unknown to her parents & most friehds. He never really even surfaced in the thread discussions here. So, for him to pop up as an initial suspect, he had to be the one that made the call to her that started the evenings’ events. I could be wrong, but it certainly makes sense to me. With me here…?

She picks him up & they merely drive for 1/2 hour from Courtland to Batesville & back. A convenient way to have a private conversation. I’m being honest here. Keep in mind that LE has her at a residence in Courtland at 6PM, then on CCTV in Batesville at 6:15PM, and then back in Courtland at 6:30PM. That alone accounts for the round trip with no time for any stops or other activity, right? 5-7 minutes at the residence, 10 minutes to Batesville, & 10 minutes to return to Courtland. Boom…it’s 6:30 PM. They are back in Courtland. Ergo…Nothing transpired in Batesville at all. Speculation of Motels, a party, getting food, cleaning the car, what have you. All now bebunked by LE’s timeline, They spent 1/2 hour talking in private. That’s all there was to that.

They are back in Courtland but LE does not say where. LE said they place her at the crime scene at 7:31PM.

BUT, then they slip, and Champion states she LEFT the crime scene at 7:31 PM. Whoa…That changes everything. He also says Tellis left the crime scene at 7:26 PM. That clearly indicates that she & Tellis were at the scene well before 7:26PM. No other way to interpret those statements. My guess is that on return to Courtland, they went directly to the Herron location & were there for the next hour. LE is mum on that but it is a pretty sure guess IMO.

The call to mom at 6:48PM was most likely made from there. LE has not confirmed the call or the duration, but if it was from 6:48 – 7:13 PM as speculated, it ended only 13 minutes prior to LE confirming Tellis leaving the scene at 7:26PM. We can therefore speculate that she & Tellis were at the scene prior to 7:21 PM based on the LE statements (above) of when they LEFT.

It become a most obvious conclusion that they were probably at the crime scene from the time they returned to Courtland. It also appears obvious that Jessica was with Tellis willingly throughout, at least until 7:26PM when LE states he left the crime scene.

That really leaves only 2 time frames unaccounted for. The first is the 5:30 PM departure of Jessica from M&M to the 6PM arrival at the residence. Where would she go or what would she do for 30 minutes locally in Courtland? I am sure LE knows but is mum on that for now. I am confident it connects with the latter events. LE hasn’t even mentioned that issue & that alone indicates to me that it has significant implcations.

The 2nd is the 7:31PM departure of Jessica from the crime scene to the 8:09 PM call of a car on fire. LE has not yet placed Tellis at any location at 8:09PM. From an early report, LE states they located the person who made that call at 8:09PM & cleared that person of involvement. They have not released who that person is.

II will raise one other issue that should be considered because it goes counter to what we now know.

Go way back to Ali at M&M the night of. He tells LE that she purchased more gas than normal. He tells LE that she said she had “places to go”. He tells LE that she got a call as she left. All likely not truthful statements for the following reasons….

Although she MAY have purchased more gas than normal, we now know from LE statements, she certainly did not do very much travel that night, The R/T Courtland – Batesville maybe 20 miles, the unaccounted 25 minutes from M&M to the residence….local.

Really, if you think about it, for the most part, the car was parked for about 2 of the 3 hours of the overall incident at Herron, based on the new reports LE has released. They did not actually say that but It is easily deduced from the content of the statements So IMO, the extra gas story was just that…a story.

And the video at M&M showed no indication of her making or receiving a call while at the counter area. But that was a good deflection if Ali knew that she had been contacted & was enroute to pick someone up. And, IIRC, it was Ali that pushed the rumor of accelerant having been forced down Jessica’s throat for what ever reason. LE has confirmed that did not happen.

So, Ali volunteered information that really added nothing of value to the scenario at the time, yet appeared to be accounting for factors yet unknown to LE, but soon to come to light. My conclusion is that Ali was aware of what was supposed to transpire that evening & was in a cover up mode. Then Ali leaves town. Oh, then our trusty LE also “cleared” him.

Also make note of Brejuan (stripe shirt guy) having neen there purchasing 2 1/2 gals of gas in the same time frame as Jessica being there. LE says they cleared him also. Coincidence? Maybe. Without implying anything, I merely put forth that gas to go is purchased & Jessica is unaccounted for in a 25 + minute time frame after leaving M&M & LE makes zero mention of that fact. They glossed over it completely & no one seems to have picked up on it or questioned it.

LE confirms that Jessica & Tellis are both at the crime scene & leave, most likely on foot since they left at different times. An unconfirmed report says her car keys were found near 124 Main St, which is walking distance from the crime scene. We know Jessica returned. LE has not offered info on the location of Tellis after 7:26PM. The car is ignited. Jessica is engulfed in flame. A call of a car on fire is made at 8:09PM. So, actions of any meaningful importance to the case happen within the final 1/2 hour.

There realy is no mystery of what transpired between 6PM & 7:31 PM. It has all been fairly well laid out by LE. Jessica picked up Tellis on a pre-arranged basis for whatever reason, they drive & talked for 1/2 hour +, they then, in all likelyhood, parked at Herron for whatever reason. Jessica then calls mom with an excuse for running late. They chatted some more for 18 minutws and by 7:31 PM both were off the scene. We know Jessica returned. The remaining mystery is what happen between 5:30PM & 6PM, and again between 7:31 PM and 8:09PM, with the focus on the latter….

I offer no implication…Just an observation that the 2 time frames may have a connection.

Your thoughts?

• jewelsc6 says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL_loB77A26_X_MH_gbbUg62dJ2jjdgkpg&v=iSvCvjZXXlU&ebc=ANyPxKoq9Z_M4g3KTb2seC_RPeLdhajmwMFt1S1hCnXeuB2-Phte_TylfG3K87TK3xJ2WXBFBqoKzXVii7ydsAn7uuPFamZeqw ok now watch this at .24 mark Jessica gets out of her car and bends down like she is setting something down, a gas can perhaps? Did she put some gas in her tank and then fill up a gas can also? Maybe the call she got at home was Tellis saying he needed some gas. We know he lives in Batesville maybe he says his car ran out of gas in Courtland somewhere. So she picks him up in Batesville and they stop to do whatever at Herron rd. It also would explain the April Dyre statement “she helped plan her own death” Total amount of gas that night 14.00 she normally only bought 5.00. Good catch Vegas Guy on Champions statements!

• VegasGuy says:

Jewel;;;;

I watched that segment nunerous times in the past & I did take a fresh look from your post.
                  I don’t believe she is placing something down. It appears to me that she dropped her wallet getting out of the car. If you look closely, she reaches with her left arm, then at 0:30, as she passes the front of the car, it appears she reaches across her body left to right, and puts the wallet in her right hand as she continues to walk.

Also, if she did place something there, if you note the location, it is quite far forward of the pumps which appear “strippy” at the rear of the car. Additionally, when she later exited M&M and went to the car she went around the front & directly to the fuel fill area walking past that area where she previously bent down without stopping to retrieve anything.

So I don’t believe she purchased any gas to put in a container. Going back to my previous post, I do believe she did purchase $14 worth of gas. Quite a while ago, I searched for gas @ $2.39/gal (which was the price the night she was there), & purchased $14 worth to time the pumping. The complete process of removing the cap, retrieving the nozzle, pumping the prepaid amount, replacing the nozzle, replacing the cap, amounted to 58 seconds. That matched the amount of time she spent at the pump within seconds.

So I do believe she purchased $14 worth of gas. What I don’t believe was the reasoning put forth by Ali, as recent LE statements have me concluding that she did not drive an abnormal amount of mileage that would have required addition gas.

My suspicion is that she was instructed by Tellis to put a bit of additional gas in the tank….For whatever reason at this point.Maybe he told her they would be doing some additional travel that night, & when they met up, he changed the story.

We don’t know at this point. But there is no doubt now, with recent LE statements, that the car was parked for about 2 of those 3 hours that night & no significant mileage was done. A little under 6 gals was purchased ($14/$2.39)but only about <2 +/- gal was acutally used in travel (about 25 total miles traveled @ avg 15 MPG for the KIA)

Was Tellis planning this & in his mind, instructing her to buy “insurance” gas? In all probability, she was most likely “duped” that evening on many levels.

From the statement in your post….the April Dyre statement “she helped plan her own death”. What we still don’t know is to what degree…..

• jewelsc6 says:

Regarding the Mom phone call I believe Champion later clarified it was a brief call. I can’t wait for the trial, so we finally have answers to all the questions we all have. Another BIG question is, if he was on foot after burning her, we can assume he headed up Mains St where he dropped the keys, the big question is who’s house did he go too? My guess would be family and that person or persons may have suspected him and kept quiet.

• VegasGuy says:

Jewel…

There’s no more reply space here so I’m starting new post at bottom of page…

34. TNman says:

Lots of questions-how did he get to the crime scene? How did he get from the crime scene? Where did the accelerant come from? Where does his mother/family live? Seems like I recall some thug/family living farther west on Herron road? There has to be others involved before, during, and after the murder of JC IMO.

• lorac says:

And it seems odd that someone who is basically a career criminal wouldn’t have told at least ONE person, a similar criminal buddy, perhaps bragging, wanting to show how clever he is to get away with it…

• jewelsc6 says:

There’s a few known addresses of his Mother one is on Otto Sanford Rd which is about 1.5 mile from CS. Its also close to M&M and I heard someone say she lived near M&M.

35. Michael says:

What are the odds? This guy is from court land ms, Jessica’s keys were found near his home . He is in the same jail in louisana right now where quint is

36. lorac says:

SDC, thanks for staying on top of this, to let us know when something periodically comes up….

37. lorac says:

Weeweed – I went up to “like” the article (I usually forget to do that!), and I noticed Geo Washington in a hat – when I hovered it is your avatar – I’ve never noticed that. Can I assume that’s a Trump hat? 🙂

38. lorac says:

IIRC, someone lived nearby…. was it Beth? If so, any inside information or local chatter about this charge….?

39. We currently execute here in ms.

40. Jake says:

Thanks for putting up that group photo. I was curious to see if Quinton Tellis was in there. I don’t believe he is. He does look familiar, though.

41. Kent says:

In Texas LEO biker clubs attend the execution of cop killers en masse….and they make a LOT of noise revvin’ the motors…..makin’ the pipes sing loud and proud….and making a collective and individual statement.

It’s said the cacophony can be clearly heard on death row and elsewhere.

I’m not a fan of straight/overly loud pipes…..but I’m going to research the MS situation and do that for Jessica if I can…..

Some feedback from MS residents in the know?

Could he hear it?

Can I get close enough for him to hear the noise?

Will I be stopped?

42. Stormyeyesc says:

SUNDANCE

I think you might want to revisit the got news.com article regarding TCTH research on Jessica Chambers case While there check out the photo there….I think that is the murderer posing in front of the M&M!

43. skeptic says:

Quinton Tellis, 27, faces a capital murder charge in her slaying, said John Champion, district attorney for Mississippi’s 17th Circuit Court. The charge is capital murder because her death occurred during the COMMISSION OF ANOTHER CRIME, third-degree arson. Think about it.

44. VegasGuy says:

Jewel…

Regarding the mom call…You could be right that Champion later described it as a “short” call. But we know it was 6:48Pm. Still lends itself to having been made at or near Herron & certainly once they were already back in Courtland.

The question of the keys….don’t know if that (were they really found?) was ever confirmed by LE. But if true, they could have also been dropped earlier when both of them left the scene as LE now claims. A logical reason for Tellis to have had them would be that perhaps he was actually driving her car rather than she….Could be. But the keys are still an open issue in my mind.

You are correct in questioning where he (or for that matter the 2 together earlier) might have gone house wise. If either he or they traveled to yet another residence after 7:31 PM but before 8:09 PM then LE is mis-leading us regarding no one else being involved. An additional location within the construct of the incident would imply at least an additional individual associated, or with knowledge of the event.

So I am not totally convinced he acted alone or that no one else had knowledge of what transpired. There were enough “hints” put out on social media that indicated rumers were moving about. In such a small community, even rumors will have a bit of truth intermingled.

I, like you,await a potential trial. We’ll see if that comes to pass….

• Beth says:

Just wanted to add my 2 bobs worth from what JewelSc6 and VegasGuy suggested above…
      1. re extra gas: maybe T did run out of gas and needed Jessica to purchase extra, but then she realised she didn’t have a can, so she put extra in her car so it could be siphoned out into T’s car when she caught up with him later on;
      2. re insurance: maybe the plan was to burn the car for insurance pay-out – they siphoned out some of the fuel, pour it over the car & types, light it, head off quickly in opposite directions on foot, Jessica realises that she left something in the car, goes back and accidentally catches on fire due to having some spilt fuel on herself?
      Now I am by no means clever like you guys on here, but I couldn’t see these two possible ideas mentioned anywhere. Feel free to shoot them down if they are no good 😀

• VegasGuy says:

Beth…
        Regarding the extra gas….What you say could be a possibility of thinking to siphone it but I believe most cars of that era & forward had anti-siphoning guards built into the fuel system. A simple sieve type plate at the bottom of the fuel fill line. Anyone of Tellis’s ilk would know that.

When I mentioned “insurance” gas I was referring to having additional gas in the tank to keep a burn going longer & more intense, rather than a reference to insurance pay out.

The car itself had literally no value insurance wise & it appears that the car was most likely owned (therefore insured) by Ben not Jessica. And a 10+ year old car most likely would not have been insured for “comprehensive” coverage. More likely just minimum coverage.

What you say about accidentally catching fire is what I tend to believe. She would not have needed fuel splashed on her. The amount of accelerant used would have produced an ignition blast of flame anywhere near the car. And she was wearing fairly flamible type clothing that night. She simply might have been too close.Also keep in mind the unconfirmed head wound. If that is true, it is possible she might have even been leaning into the car when it ignited & the balst caused her head to smack into the upper roof panel.

Many possibilitis, all speculation at this point, of course. But until we gat some finer detail from LE, the speculations do lend themselves to be plausible possibilities.

• Beth says:

“There were enough “hints” put out on social media that indicated rumers were moving about.” That’s why I for one cannot understand why the authorities said there was no “street chatter”. Do they no realise that in this day and age “social media” is just if not more important that street chatter? Social Media was dripping with rumors and comments and hints from the moment it happened.

• jewelsc6 says:

Mother lived right across from CS. We also know the Father now Deceased was a Sex Offender and numerous arrests for burglary and rape. Seems he he had some Mommy issues had Becky scrawled across his chest tatoo. His Mothers name is Rebecca. I also believe there are more victims we do not know about.

• skeptic says:

Rumors, nothing more. The police were surprised by the lack of “Chatter”. It seems they are accustomed to more. Tillis admits to being with Jessica……..up to 6:30.

• jewelsc6 says:

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t16487375-want_syphon_gas_out_2005_kia_rio Something is bothering me about where the gas came from. I want to know how difficult it would be to siphon the gas on her 2005 kKa and how long would it take to siphon about 5-7 gallons?

• VegasGuy says:

Lewel….

Really difficult. Close to impossible without actually puncturing the tank externally. There is no evidence that happened, although it is possible. But in that scenario, they would still have needed a container to catch the gas and then douse the car. Far more likely that gas was already at the scene in easily pourable container(s).

Like I stated above, most new era cars have some sort of anti-syphoning built in, from a sieve at the lower filler neck (at the entrance to the tank), to an even more simple plastic ball the has very little play.

The sieve is self explanitary It lets fuel in but a hose cannot get past it.The ball type is even simplier ( and probably far less expensive to install). As fuel flows down the filler neck, the ball is spring loaded away from the tank. It has just enough play to allow liquid fuel to flow around & past it. A hose inserted would be blocked by the ball at that point from entering the actual tank.

Here is an example…It will explain how it operates….

45. jewelsc6 says:

I listened again and did not hear the part where he said they left CS at 7:31. I think it is possible Tellis could have been driving and wondering if when the spotted her @ 6:10 in Batesville did they see him also? My impression from Champion is that she is at CS at 7:31 and sometime after that is when it happened.

46. I think it’s possible that he told Jessica that he ran out of gas and asked her for a ride. His vehicle may have already been there when she arrived to help. He commits the crime then flees the scene. Hence she was lured there

• skeptic says:

He was driving around with her. He’s charged with murder because the death occurred during commission of a felony, arson. My opinion is that the law in Panola has known this from day one. They played this very close to their vests.

• jewelsc6 says:

They questioned him early on, but thought his story checked out. Then he left town in summer of 2015 to Monroe La. In Aug he was arrested in connection of murdered foreign student, using her charge card. Which then tipped off Panola County they had realized there phones matched up together that night.

47. Amanda says:

Ok so Jessica said Eric or Derrick…and in one of the reports a name was mentioned of a Named Roderickus Pride!!!! Now looking the middle of that name and you’ll see Derick and Eric…..how come he haven’t been questioned…and I bet they call him Eric or Derrick

48. Amanda says:

So who is Roderickus Pride??? He was mentioned in a post on this murder…Look in the middle of his name and you’ll see Erick And Derrick