BREAKING – Random Shooter On Loose In Kalamazoo Michigan – Six People Killed…

Horrific.  Armed man driving around Kalamazoo Michigan area targeting random people and shooting them.  Sketchy details.

update-1Update 1:30am: Possible Arrest –  Kalamazoo Police Chief Jeff Hadley says that a “strong possible suspect” is in custody after six people were shot and killed in Kalamazoo County. (link)

chevy hhrKALAMAZOO COUNTY, Mich. — Police said they are searching for a suspect who is driving around the area and randomly shooting at people.

Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas confirms to FOX 17 that six people have been shot and killed at a Cracker Barrel and a car dealership.

Four people were killed at the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Texas Township, while two were killed at Seelye KIA on Stadium Drive.

Matyas said they believe the suspect, a white man in his 50s, is driving a blue Chevy HHR like the one pictured (link)

This entry was posted in Death Threats, Police action, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

179 Responses to BREAKING – Random Shooter On Loose In Kalamazoo Michigan – Six People Killed…

1. vincentjappi says:

‘Allah is the greatest!

2. stella says:

Kalamazoo is a big college town – home of Western Michigan University, and three other colleges/universities.

Probably some random nut case.

3. kinthenorthwest says:

Heavenly Father please hold them all in Your protective hands
    Heavenly Father help those in the path of the perpetrator
    Heavenly Father help the police to find the perpetrator before any more evil is done.
    Amen

4. mazziflol says:

Police working 4 scenes

5. feralcatsblog says:

Is it Mark Levin or Glenn Beck?

6. Batman says:

Nice we know it’s a white man so fast. I wonder how they managed to identify the color of his skin so quickly. It’s usually so difficult for them. Someone must have been on the ball and had their glasses on or contacts in.

7. Kalamazoo is a wonderful place. Please keep the victims and their families in your prayers. Thanking God for keeping law enforcement safe as they worked diligently to catch the suspect. God bless.

8. Donald Joy says:

The San Bernardino sand Moslems were initially reported as white males also, remember.

9. Monroe says:

The car evokes one stereotype, the state another, current events two different ones, and Obama another one. Surely, the facts will support one of my predisposed biases.

10. DaveNY says:

I mourn for those effected by this piece of garbage and pray for them. I also pray no one slaps a Trump bumper sticker on his car. Yes I am paranoid and yes the uniparty is that desperate!

11. stella says:

Name of the shooter is Jason Dalton of Kalamazoo, a 45 year old white male.

12. Bildung says:

Is he a Lefty?

13. DonG says:

Wow.
    I live in Kalamazoo/ Portage. Own a business here.
    Woke up to this story.
    Wife and I went out to Buffalo Wild Wings last night. Right down the street from the Kia dealership Spent a gift certificate we got from one of the kids for Christmas .
    Weather here last couple of days had been ultra mild(62 on Friday) Kalamazoo is a very nice area usually pretty quiet on the major crime front.
    Texas corners is a very nice upscale area, like Portage, where we live. Odd, odd deal

And yes, 131 miles from here to both Detroit and Chicago. Used to be a restaurant called the Half Way house, but now closed
    The worst of the snow belt starts a hair more West, by Mattawan. Kalamazoo itself only gets around 70 something inches a year. Just West in some places nearer Lake Michigan well more than twice that much

• stella says:

I’m wondering if the people he killed are related to him in some way. It’s very strange that he would shoot the woman at the town homes (didn’t harm the three children she was watching), then wait a long time before the other shootings.

14. Beenthere says:

There’s a lot of stress put on the working man with a family. Looks like this shooter is an engineer, not some radical nut. Last week we had the Fairfield, CT lawyer who knifed his family out of the blue.

15. davecatbone says:

I lived in Kazoo almost 30 years. 5 colleges make it a fairly liberal place. Economically depressed, taxes chased GM and Pfizer out. State psychiatric hospital and a “community organized” minority culture. Middle Easterners on scholarships to Western Michigan University (my Alma mater). We’ll have to wait to see what the truth is here.

• stella says:

Well, we know who did it. Local man who attended high school in Kazoo, married local girl. Why he did it is another thing. I rather doubt that it has anything to do with religion.

• Notmeagain says:

Thank you for trying to keep the narrative rational and away from speculation. Heaven knows we’ve had enough reasons to be jumpy about certain people, but really, white people do commit horrible crimes too. This guy looks like an older version of our recent freeway shooter, who had absolutely no reason for going around shooting at cars randomly and might have gotten away if he hadn’t tried to pawn his gun.

• stella says:

Lots of mass shooters are white males who aren’t muslims or hispanics. I can think of several just off the top of my head who committed recent famous shootings. I am also concerned that this blog (since I’m an admin) has a certain reputation for being anti black and anti muslim. It’s fine to tell the truth, but I believe it’s not helpful to speculate wildly about something we know nothing about.

• Stella, in your research have you come across any information re: previous criminal history? This may be a non-starter since you’ve been so good to share what you’ve learned, but I am curious.

I, too, appreciate your cat-herding.🙂

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

I don’t find this blog to have an anti-black or anti-Moslem reputation, I find this blog to have an anti-black CRIMINAL and anti-Moslem CRIMINAL reputation.

• stella says:

Well, yours is one opinion. I just wish that there were not people who are anti-black and anti-muslim in general commenting here, because they do.

• georgiafl says:

I’m not anti-muslim, but I am anti-Islam. It’s an ideology that does not deserve my respect or admiration in the least. It’s a violent, racist, misogynist, supremacist global hate group.

There have been 27,850 deadly documented attacks by Islamists since 9/11/01.

These behaviors go back to its inception – one long barbaric bloodbath.

Here is just the last 30 days: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, ‘Islam is as Islam does.’

• stella says:

I’m not arguing about Islam. What I am talking about are persons who say things like, “Randomly shooting people is a disproportionately middle eastern thing. So that’s one reason to assume it. And they said it was a white man, which usually means it’s either a Middle Easterner, a Hispanic, or an Amerindian.”

That is not true.

• Balanced says:

Wen you use “Anti Black and Anti Muslim in the same sentence it sounds like you think people are being racist to both Blacks and Muslims. Well just for you information you can only be Racist to blacks because they are a Race whereas Muslim is a Religion and you cannot identify them as a race like a Black person (African) has identity. Think about it…

• stella says:

I deliberately did NOT use the term “racist” for the reason you describe.

I think it is ridiculous that you are lecturing me about something I didn’t say. I cannot control what you imagine in your own mind. If I wanted to say racist, I would have.

I think I know that words have meanings. Just don’t put words into my mouth – okay?

• stella says:

Take a look at this thread with a critical eye. How many people automatically assumed that it was probably a muslim, or a hispanic (once it was known that the shooter was white).

• Exactly. Total honesty requires total honesty. THAT is core Treehouse. It needs to be core LE, and if this movement can succeed, core politics.

The media covers up race in crime, selectively, because they fear the truth. When we jump to conclusions in anti-type to narrative, it’s the reactive flip side of the same problem.

Generalizations are impossible to avoid in a world where they work, but they need to be handled carefully, so they don’t dumb us down.

• Sentient says:

There are about 3 million Muslims in this country and 240 million non-Muslim white people. I’m pretty sure that Muslims are over represented among mass killers. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

• Balanced says:

Muslims can be and often are light skinned and white! Its a RELIGION!! Wake up!!!

• stella says:

You wake up. Did you see who is the perpetrator of these crimes? Were the people here correct in their speculation that the shooter was Muslim, or Hispanic or several other things that were mentioned?

The point is – let’s wait until the facts are announced, if they are announced within a reasonable amount of time. In this case, the man was arrested and his name and photo were published within a few hours.

The color of a Muslim man or woman’s skin isn’t even relevant in any way to these crimes, nor is the religion of the perpetrator, as far as we know now.

• stella says:

Just read a comment from a new person who gave me this advice:

I know you have a deep concern for the Muslim community and find yourself twisting your hands relentlessly over the mean and the racist white folks…

That’s what I’m talking about.

• Searkreb says:

I think Caucasians automatically hope it is one of those groups because we’re tired of the media narrative such as Zimmerman was a white Hispanic. The tragic part of these episodes is that evil comes in many forms and from many different angles. All of these previous concerns are valid: white guy with bug eyes obviously physcotic mass shooter, devout muslim shooter or bomber, black drug or criminal violence, Hispanic drug or physical violence, etc. Etc.
            However the media salivate for the white physcotic mass shooter, nra, conservative and if they could tie in Christian fanatics they would be like pig in slop. I think that is the reason deep down many want it to be some other group, so we(they) don’t feel tied to the shooter by the media.

• stella says:

I have a suggestion: People who have this deep seated wish/desire should keep it to themselves, rather than typing it on our blog, when the identity of a criminal is not known. What these people do is just as bad as the media who salivate for the white psychotic mass shooter.

• rodney says:

Indeed, the MSM just loves it when a white guy does the shooting. When a Muslim does they tip toe about it until they can’t censor the information anymore. We has 3 terror attacks on the West over the last few months and two of them were white washed by the media and PC/MC crowd, no mention of their Muslim ties. Instead they and the authorities acting baffled as to their motivations. Just like the Muslim shooter in Chattanooga. There was no mystery to why they killed people – they just followed the Koran.

I remember the San Bernadino shootings, the MSM was initially excited that it was done by three white men. Even Shepard Smith at Fox News was excited by the prospect of a white mass murderer.

What I like the best is the way the MSM treats local robberies and shootings. Even when there are witnesses the MSM gives out a generic description “tall man wearing a baseball cap and sweater” which means it was done by a ethnic. Of course they show no restraint if it’s done by a white man.

• You’re aiding the enemy with words like that. Seriously, stop.

16. DonG says:

Kalamazoo area is hardly economically depressed like a poster above stated. Actually a very well off area. I am sure research will bear this out. Very vibrant community.
    Pfizer is still here. Stryker instruments is a huge employer. GM closed almost 20 Years ago. My dad retired from there.
    This area is far from liberal. It’s actually quite conservative, much like Grand Rapids just north of here.
    People who say they lived here and are wrong about everything make me wonder.

• davecatbone says:

No offense DonG, Pfizer did move hq out I believe, and while Portage may be conservative, my experience living downtown on Stuart Ave for 15 years lead me to see quite a vibrant liberal culture. If you mean the old money of the up John and Parfets makes it conservative I guess that would be the Whites Rd kazoo country club culture. But opinions vary on perspective and mine is just different than yours.

17. itswoot says:

One possibility is that the killer may have been under demonic influence. It isn’t all that uncommon to hear afterwards that a killer had been hearing voices telling them what to do. Also, it scares me to think of what the influence has been on the minds of those who are deeply involved in violence oriented video game playing. Lots of demonic activity there as well. That association usually gets heavily downplayed when a violent crime is commited.

• Beenthere says:

It could very well be but American society is over medicated esp with anti-depressants.——-People’s perception of reality could be warped because of these drugs.

• auscitizenmom says:

I really worry about this, too. It seems that the prescribed drug connection is downplayed.

• Searkreb says:

Look up the Greek translation of pharmacy or pharmaceutical. I’ll give you a hint, it is related to witchcraft.
        This will probably upset some people but we have a major problem in this country. I am not at all saying that medicine and legal drugs are all bad because I use antibiotics and I know many people who have survived cancer and many other illnesses thanks to modern medicine, but I have been shocked at how many people are on antidepressants and prescription pain pills unnecessarily.

• itswoot says:

True. Maybe a combination of multiple influences. Medications, plus a violent video game obsession, plus ???

• Notmeagain says:

My observation/opinion is that the gamers who turn out violent are attracted to violent/creepy games and thus the preferred type of game is a marker, not a cause. However, my somewhat tinfoil hat feeling is that all the electronics around us, especially in a city, are doing bad things to our brains. It is an unnatural level of radiation and a lot of it in a wide range of wavelengths. It can’t be good for the electrical transmissions of the cells.

• “It isn’t all that uncommon to hear afterwards that a killer had been hearing voices telling them what to do.”

That’s typically associated with “…schizophrenic disorders, manic depression and psychosis.” https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/a-to-z/h/hearing-voices

My guess is he lost a good job some time ago, was on antidepressants/psychotics, and his wife was getting ready to leave his and take the kids.

18. Matthew says:

We need to bring back the death penalty. Enough coddling these murderers. Sick of it. They are terrorizing us – it’s time we terrorize them.

• stella says:

Michigan officially eliminated the death penalty in 1846, nine years after statehood, and nobody has been executed since attaining statehood in 1837. It is one of a handful of states that never executed anyone.

19. Brian L says:

This is what happens when you drastically reduce the mental health care in a country with (comparatively) easy access to firearms.

• flyanddive says:

Firearms are just a tool, he could have driven his car at 100mph into a crowd of people killing way more. Usually, guns result in less casualties.

• mimbler says:

As a contrarian view, maybe we have too much access to mental health care. There are an awful lot of people on serious psychiatric drugs that perhaps would be better off without them. I think they can work wonders when prescribed correctly, but it appears to me they are often dispensed too freely, and it seems to be a common link to many of the senseless murder rampages,
      Mike

20. Backspin says:

Selective Serotonin ReUptake Inhibitors : See, — SSRI Stories Com.– Extensive information.

Media can investigate , when it chooses to. Sadly this proves it once again.

21. shiloh1973 says:

WOW, they thought the 14 year old was dead. They still had her on life support and then she squeezed her Mom’s hand!

• itswoot says:

After reading some of the accounts about the victims in these shootings, I’m feeling a little ashamed for having speculated earlier on over what might have been the cause of this. This was not the time to have been doing that. It was disrespectful on my part.

22. Manfred says:

Time for registration and waiting period for the purchase of blue HHRs.