February 4th – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “2016 Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Presidential Race and/or any of the candidates therein.

GOP candidates 2 mashup

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

829 Responses to February 4th – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

1. mark4trump says:

Had a little encouragement on the job today. I work at a Christian Church as an accountant. My boss is a conservative main-stream media kind of guy — listens to Rush. He came out and said that Cruz was underhanded in the Iowa Caucus. Another lady who works here totally agreed. I think the slick-willie Cruz campaign is getting exposed for what it is. Its not just us seeing the hypocrisy.

• Raffaella says:

Thanks for sharing. Yes Cruz comes across as very dishonest during this whole episode. No moral character.

• Ono says:

A massive fire forces all the animals to the edge of the river where one by one they swim to safety on the other side. All but the scorpion and the rats. The rats jump in drown one after another. The scorpion see this and becomes frightened for his life. When the slow moving turtle appears he pleads “take me to safety on the other side kind hearted turtle”. The turtle replies “You are poisonous and deadly” why should I” The scorpion replies “I will not sting you for that would mean the death of both of us” The turtle agrees when the scorpion promises not to do any harm. Halfway across with the scorpion on the turtles back the scorpion stings the turtle. The turtle looks back and exclaims “You promised, now we both shall die, why would you do such a thing?”
        “Because it’s my nature replied the scorpion”

2. p'odwats says:

NH polls still look good, but that Rubio guy is lurking. Donald vs Marco.

3. Is it my imagination or has this site been hit with a serious case of CruzTurd. I am starting to see all these arguments like, I am a Trump supporter, but he is really lacking……, or I support Trump, but I’ve had enough of his….

Is this being bombed with CruzTurds? Just curious Thx.

• The concern trolling is obvious. They are falling victim to the gaslighting. This is a danger that I remind myself of daily.

• burnett044 says:

is it being bombed by Cruz turds??? well here is a handle guide to help identify them..

hope this helps….

• Pops says:

No, it’s not you imagination; it’s been obvious now for a couple of days. They’ll crawl back under their rocks five minutes after the NH results come in, so we’ll just have to put up with the stench until then.

• R-C says:

Seems like several folks here are becoming ‘expert political consultants’, ready and willing to add their ‘two cents’ on what Trump “must” start doing, blah, blah, blah. All that ‘expertise’ is utterly wasted on this audience, though…since none of us has a hot-line to the candidate.

(And in case folks haven’t noticed–the candidate has made an entire empire through following his own counsel–40 years of excellence doing things ‘his way’. If he’d been ‘conventional’ all this time, he would probably have lost his fortune and be driving a cab in Queens.)

My candidate–for whom I have already voted in the NH primary (by absentee ballot), is MY candidate. I’m totally happy to “let Trump BE Trump” during this campaign, because guess what? Trump is LEADING in the polls, by a large margin. I have faith in my candidate.

NO MATTER WHAT–in my judgment Trump is the only candidate with adequate preparation and experience to actually succeed as our next president. Nobody else even comes close to having the executive chops and the professional skills required to deal with the mess that Obama and the GOPe have wrought upon our republic.

I’m FOR Trump. And I would not presume to offer my ‘two cents’ on what he should be doing in his campaign.

• Dave Nish says:

Why do you find it so difficult to acknowledge the problems with Trump? Foul-mouthed, childish, and now endorsed by Jimmy Carter as well as Harry Reid. Carter pointed out how malleable Trump is as opposed to Cruz. Whether you like Cruz or not, does any of that cause you to hesitate just for a minute?

• He is not foulmouthed or childish. Bear in mind that crazy Beck has endorsed liar cruz. You can say Trump is malleable. We know where he stands on issues. We also know that Cruz is a liar and cheater.

• Dave Nish says:

He is very foul-mouthed. When did you ever hear Reagan using the word “shit” at a campaign rally? And when Reagan got beat in Iowa he APOLOGIZED for skipping the Iowa debate, fired his campaign manager who advised him to do it (John Sears), then changed his tactics and went on to win in a landslide– he didn’t cry about it and call his opponents cheaters. In short, he acted like a classy adult, not a petulant child.

Where exactly does Trump stand regarding single payer healthcare, Supreme Court appointments (his sister is a crazy liberal judge whom he speaks highly of), constitutional convention, and eminent domain? I will vote for him over Hillary any day, but to say a person who changed all his major views in the last couple years bears no scrutiny and cannot be questioned is foolish. Are you pro-life? Can you imagine waiting until age 65 to suddenly figure out that your position was actually pro-choice? Would you change your view so late in life? That’s what I’m talking about. Just because we hate the establishment doesn’t mean we have to act like Democrats idolizing Obama.

BTW, I am a gun-totin’, pickup drivin’ Southerner who has never voted for a damn democrat and who has been pro-life since I was old enough to know what it was. I ain’t no establishment hack, that’s for sure!

• ediegrey says:

I waited til I was 65 to go prolife, it happens. You don’t like Trump – so who do you like? I don’t really care what Reagan did 36 years ago. I hate to tell you, but Reagan wasn’t perfect. But Trump is, as far as I can see. Nobody has been hated by the establishment like Trump, nobody.

• Dave Nish says:

Were you in favor or allowing partial birth abortion prior to age 65? Trump was. Seriously– if I asked you back when you were 60 if you thought a baby should be legally alllowed to be aborted when it was half out of the birth canal, would you have said yes, that’s okay with me? Killed with forceps? I’d bet that even then you would not be in favor.

And you better care what Reagan did 36 years ago because he was the last true conservative we had in office. Don’t you think we might learn a few things from him? Are you a conservative who has thought out your positions, or are you just a Trump supporter because he sticks it to the establishment? Yes, I love it when he does that, but that is not all there is to it.

Reagan wasn’t perfect, correct, no man or woman is. We all have warts. And sorry to burst your bubble, but Trump is not perfect either. Cruz isn’t perfect, but I finally decided on him when Trump began his antics a few weeks ago. If we don’t have conservative justices appointed to replace the three that will retire next term, we are sunk no matter who is president afterward. I don’t trust Trump on that issue.

Say what you like, Trump has NO track record, and like him or not, Cruz has taken some tough stands when it cost him politically. The establishment hates Cruz more than Trump– they gnash their teeth at him. Dole, McConnell, Boehner, McCain, Graham, Pelosi, Reid, Carter– they all hate him. Think about that.

• NCPatriot says:

Clearly, Mr Nish—you have not seen the videos of Trump 18-20 years ago saying that the whole concept of abortion was abhorrent to him—have you? Because he did say that. And it is on video.

He addressed that issue in a press conference in Iowa and MADE the reporter read back the whole transcript to the gathering.

He has also stated he is NOT in favor of single payer, wants to repeal and replace Obamacare, wants insurance companies to compete across state lines—BUT we need to continue a safety net for the indigent. (as we currently have with Medicaid–but more efficient)

Cruz has shown himself to be a snake in the grass in his dealings of vote stealing from Carson in Iowa. IMO

• Trust No One says:

To: Dave Nish
                Ted Cruz was born in Canada. He is NOT eligible to be President of the United States of America. I hope you can get that through your head into your mind.

I don’t care who likes or dislikes him. He is NOT eligible and HE knows it and doesn’t give a Damn. Such a constitutionalist – what a joke.

• Well, Mr. Nish, after Obama said that babies born alive after botched abortions should be left to die with no medical support… that made people pro-life, regardless of how old they were.

• Raffaella says:

All these uniparty politicians that Cruz is a member of are purposefully endorsing Trump to give that Cuban/Canadian talking points. Wait until your candidate gets to the south. If you think real Americans are going to vote for any Cuban you are dreaming.

• Dave Nish says:

I am a real American, born and bred in the Smoky mountains of east Tennessee and run in very conservative circles. Your comment is embarrassing for it’s bigotry.

• Jason says:

The guy who argued 3 weeks he was right about “thousands celebrating in NJ” and not once gave any ground is now Mr. malleable?

Uh.. no.

• dizzymissl says:

You might want to re-vist that Jimmy Carter interview.

• Ono says:

Re-cap here:
        Ted is a Liar
        Ted is a Cheat
        Ted was born in Canada
        Ted who refuses to show his records
        Ted who’s father believes he is the second coming of Christ
        Ted whos father claims to be a minister yet there is no real record there either
        Ted who claims that he has spent his whole life defending the constitution yet refuses to follow the laws and ethics of a good citizen of the United States.
        Selective memory Ted I didn’t know! I forgot! It didn’t seem important.
        What’s there to like about Ted?

I want a president (Trump) that will do what he say’s and has a record of doing so.

Not some lying “tell me what I want to hear but never intending to follow through” hack.

Eight years of Obama, Bush and Clinton has been nothing more than 24 years of lies, deception, and economic ruin of this fine country. Enough is enough

• Dave Nish says:

Go check out Ted’s arguing for your religious liberty before the Supreme Court and winning before you denigrate him as a do-nothing. The people of Texas love him because he argued several tough cases and won. Not an easy thing to do.

• Ono says:

Let him represent you in Texas if you think he is so great.

As President he is not qualified and I for one do not like the idea of some lying cheat representing the best interest of our Nation!, who will not come clean!

TPA Ted
            Ted who was a no show for the Rand Paul audit the fed bill
            Ted who flips and flops more than a fish on the dock.
            Ted who intimidates voters
            Ted who won’t come clean
            Ted who claims to be anti establishment but has proven that he is there go to boy
            By the way I know a few Texans that would like to tar and feather Ted because of his lies.

• Linden says:

Rubio also has that problem, as many here know. The GOPE will use Cruz until they can’t, to bring down Trump… Then push The Rube (already are), then hit him with his in eligibility at or just before the convention, making him give his delegates to Jebito, with a nice payoff, and maybe a cabinet position. Or something like that.

• Athena the Warrior says:

Maybe because all of the concern trolling is coming from names that aren’t seen on a regular basis. They just showed up Iowa caucus night.

• ediegrey says:

Carter and Reid could easily be “supporting” Trump to fit the “establishment” meme they are pushing now. Ted Cruz is a dirty lying globalist phony – Donald Trump is on our side. I would not hesitate one second, give me a break. Ted Cruz? No way. And Trump is not foul mouthed nor childis, he is tough and he is funny and he is actually fun through all this – and I am not one who likes foul language at all. But Trump has an election to win – they are cutting off people’s heads, grow up. You don’t want malleable, vote Trump, our only hope. People quoting Jimmy Carter need to get a clue.

• Dave Nish says:

Hello, McFly! Jimmy Carter is the one saying Trump is malleable, so his quote is relevant. You need to get a clue. Jimmy Carter is WORSE than the establishment. He is a fool.

Why do you think he says that about Trump? Why? Why does he not like Cruz?

Name me one establishment person who loves Cruz.

• donnajeanz says:

I just call them “the haters”, Mr. Trump says we have to find out where the hate is coming from… IMAO, all the hate comes from the soul, to the heart and out the mouth in speech or action. The haters were everywhere after the election. I could feel it when I read the comments, let us all remember, Iowa picks losers…oh no. Soooooo Donald did win after all. Thank you for all your comments…

• DeusVult says:

They’re doing it here and on other sites too. It’s been really obvious.

4. Backspin says:

Sneaky …. Sneaky ……. TPP has quietly been signed. / NAFTA – Shafta 2.0 /
    see – Daily Sheeple .com

• benY says:

If true I would like to see Trump drag Rubio and Cruz through this portapotty until the stench is so ground in that it can’t be removed.

• Southern Son says:

I would also like to hear DJT bring up Slave Labor in seafood industry of countries included in obomao’s “signed in closet” trade deal. Globalist want to truly enslave us all.
        They Love Slavery. No matter what they say.
        Trump for President!
        We can’t put off our Generational Moral Obligation. May God Bless America Again.
        Trump2016

5. Polar Vortex says:

I wonder if Donald is sticking with the Cruz fraud attacks because somehow he can connect Rubio to the fraud as well. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

6. Howie says:

Window for an independent Trump bid is wide open
    Though any Trump bid could face obstacles erected by state elections officials, they are surmountable, according to experts.

Trump could compete in Republican primaries through late March — when two-thirds of states will have voted and two-thirds of delegates will have been awarded — before deciding to mount an independent run and still make the ballot in every or nearly every state if he is willing to pay the seven-figure price, according to Richard Winger, the editor of Ballot Access News. Ralph Nader’s ballot access attorney, Oliver Hall, and Bill Redpath of the Libertarian National Committee concurred with that assessment.

• DaveNY says:

Where does the Independent run deadline fall with regards to the gop convention? That is the question. Anyone know?

• yy4u says:

My feeling is he should go Independent. This nominating process has been rigged from the get-go. If you guys are not from Virginia and don’t know what the GOPee did here, Google Ken Cuccinelli.

• Howie says:

Ya never know. They never know. Good. The window is open until….April Fools Day. He is building organization all over the country as we speak. Who knows?

• benY says:

IMO, too bad Rand Paul is on the crazy side of some social issues, amnesty, welfare, etc. I think a Trump/Paul independent run could win.

• Dave Nish says:

Why should we give the GOP to the establishment goons? Going independent puts Hillary in the WH. No, the answer is to TAKE OVER the GOP, take it back, and win the general.

• El Torito says:

The chances of pulling off an independent win are low. I prefer to see him stay where he is and inflict as much damage as possible to the GOPe structure. Let the wrecking ball be the wrecking ball.

• I don’t think Trump will do a third-party run. I don’t think he will want to risk giving the white house to hillary. He is, after all, a patriotic man who will put the country before himself. If the voters don’t stand up and vote trump, then the country doesn’t deserve him and that will be that.

• Sandra says:

But isn’t Trump already on the ballots on many or most states? Can he switch?

• chasingfacts says:

Now looking back, it is the radio boys that have been Preaching against a 3rd party. “No that won’t work you’ll lose yada yada Thinking about SD’s analysis of the 20/40/40
      voter base of the Repub party. you almost think he could pull the 40 middle and more(Dems, Indies)
      maybe some of the 20 if they see the futility of another RINO candidate

Maybe he could even sue the RNC for something…fraud? He would have standing.

• Raffaella says:

I think if the situation does not improve by March, he should do it.

He might get a big portion of Sanders supporters who will be upset by Hillary stealing their nomination.

Also, as soon as he goes independent, he can start getting donors and raise money from his rich friends.

• R-C says:

“…if the situation does not improve…”?

We’ve only had the Iowa Circuses. Trump is still LEADING in all the polls, by a mile.

What needs to ‘improve’?

• chasingfacts says:

“He will be on the debate stage next to Hillary and Rubio. Imagine that. He will expose and destroy both of them.”
        Especially like that picture. (Rubio or Bush) laughable.

• georgiafl says:

I thought I read that some states don’t allow an independent third party candidate? Ohio, wasn’t it?

7. cheekymeeky says:

I would love to see one of the candidates give David Rivera a shout out at Saturday’s debate.

“Marco Rubio has kept David Rivera, his longtime friend and former Miami congressman who is under investigation by the feds, at a distance as he runs for president.

But Rivera hasn’t kept a distance from Rubio’s presidential bid.

Rivera traveled to Iowa ahead of Monday’s caucuses, visiting the eastern portion of the state and at meeting with other Rubio friends and volunteers to watch the results Monday night.”

“In the past, Rubio’s aides, aware of the negative publicity surrounding Rivera, have been adamant that the ex-congressman has had no involvement in their effort. He showed up at the first GOP debate in Cleveland last August, and then at a debate in Madison, Wisconsin, last November. Both times, Rubio’s team insisted it hadn’t given the ex-congressman tickets. Rivera credited his access to the many political friends he’s cultivated over the years.”

8. IMO says:

GOP Establishment Fundraising Off Of Donald Trump – See Proof Here! – DCWhispers.com

9. Dora says:

10. georgiafl says:

Two All-American Challengers meet:

11. DaveNY says:

The “concern” for Donald attacking ?cruz? and not “bubble boy” is based on the false premise that he is limited to only attacking on one front. Hello? Mcfly? Trump fights on multiple fronts. Be patient and watch the master at work.

At the moment he has ?cruz? securely by the neck with one hand and will reach out and grab “bubble boys” neck with the other and SNAP THEM BOTH LIKE TWIGS!

• Howie says:

He will break them like little boy’s. Tricky Teddy is done for.

• NJF says:

Lol

He’s got a plan, even if at times its ulcer inducing. I don’t believe he’s as unprepared as the pundits would have us believe. Is it possible they didn’t do enough in Iowa. Maybe, yet I don’t believe for a minute that there is complete disorganization of the campaign process, especially as a result of infighting (which I think I saw someone suggest).

The ability Trump processes which garners the most praise is he hires the best and brightest available people, knows how to delegate, and listens to those around him.

I think it was Rodger Stone who said the other night, “he has unbelievable instincts, and often seems to literally see around corners.”

• Zzschnops says:

The point:

Trump won in Iowa with NO ground game in a state where the polling was close. The fact that teddyturd played dirty tricks is a side issue.

Ponder that. No ground game, almost no commercials and he was one delegate behind the one who spent millions and played slimmest tricks

Trump has the real possibility of winning it all

• El Torito says:

He has the same amount of delegates won (7) as Cruz and spent almost nothing. I don’t understand all the criticism over that. Too many people failing to acknowledge what DT achieved in IA. It’s only because we let our egos run off the rails thinking DT would win all 50 states in a landlslide that we now are forced to focus ourselves and steel ourselves to the fact that we are in a war with a powerful, evil, unrepentant adversary. I say if we have learned the lesson well in IA with a virtual tie, it was a good day, a good lesson and our eyes have been opened with little to no casualties. TRUMP 2016!

12. I don’t know if this has been posted yet..
    Instead, Marco was arrested for being in a car after the parks closing time with his male friend Angel Barrios. To locals, the park was well-known as a place for homosexuals for cruising.
    The Washington Post implies what really happened (noting the parks problem with people having sex in the park and the frequency of gay prostitution) and its clear this arrest is something that Marco Rubio would rather not talk about.

link–> http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/bombshell-report-marco-rubios-gay-scandal-surfaces/

• Josh says:

Someone posted something a little while back that stated a great majority of elected persons are homosexual. I believe it. I don’t know why they don’t just “come out” and admit it. It’s accepted all over now, isn’t it? (a little sarc there)

I responded that their being homosexual is nothing compared to the skeletons in their closets.

• John Galt says:

“capitol hill” is to homosexuals as MLK Boulevard is to black gangsters.

When I first went to work in the DC area, I asked some of my new federal coworkers if they could recommend a nice running trail. Managing to keep straight faces, a couple of crusty old timers directed me to the LBJ Memorial Grove trail. Gay sex behind every tree and bush. I did subsequently manage to dodge their coffee club suggestion by lifting the coffee maker reservoir lid to reveal a floating raft of dead cockroaches.

• mcfyre2012 says:

Makes me think of “Something About Mary” and the warning about highway rest areas.

13. Josh says:

Donald Trump did not lose the Iowa caucus. He came in second.
    Is that statement incorrect?

14. winky says:

There could have been a down side to Trump winning IA……the media would be non-stop saying that no candidate that has won IA has gone on to be president in years……versus……Ronald Reagan lost Iowa and became President. This way the story is that Cruz cheated and Trump won but not really so the media does not have the pleasure of saying the latter about Trump.

15. carolmcd says:

Rubio ahead of Trump in latest national PPP poll.

16. DaveNY says:

Laura Ingraham spanked “bubble boy” good today.

17. seventhndr says:

Supposedly this is Ted Cruz’s college roommate. I don’t know for certain if it is true, but I do know the guy is funny as hell. So for a few good laughs, follow @clmazin.

Some examples:

18. NJF says:

For anyone near a TV, someone from Trump’s campaign will be on Varney after the break about the Iowa issue.

19. Liked by 6 people

20. Trump is still very angry about Cruz fraudulent antics in Iowa, as he should be. Many of his 6.03 million twitter followers totally stand behind him on this, as I do.

Actually, based on Iowa’s voter misconduct laws, Cruz’s antics could fall under a class D felony.

• Howie says:

We want an arress. Just an arress.

• Trump knows that since the corrupted US government won’t even indict for Hillary and even allows her to run for president, Cruz is safe too. Trump is showing the American people exactly the nastiness that goes on in politics. It’s one thing to for someone to show who they are right off the bat but but Cruz plays himself off like he’s some kind of religious and righteous person. Not only is this disingenuous but despicable.

Cruz is the epitome of the sleaze that goes on in Washington DC.

• NJF says:

Bingo. Shillary kills me….I mean c’mon just the Fed Records Act violation subjects her to fine &/or imprisionment…..but perhaps more importantly, if in office, “you’re fired,” and the person is barred from seeking office. It’s the dang server that nails her, the rest is just noise that can be swept under the rug.

And yet she’s the presumptive POTUS nominee.

Mind blowing!

21. Sanj says:

A few months ago, I would have categorized this as tin foil hat stuff, but…..

22. NHVoter says:

• NJF says:

Well that doesn’t sound good for him. I’ve been watching Varney and he “updates” current news every 20-30 minutes and still nothing about Carson’s press conference.

23. LoreneTN says:

Here is a really good interview, Boston Herald Radio, from this morning:

Enjoy!!

24. I just changed my party from Independent to Rebublican…..to vote in Florida primaries. Will change it back again after our primary.

I have been independent since I did the Ross Perot campaign in 1992…I had 7 counties in West Central Florida…after that experience, I swore I would never do a campaign again…and this was 65 hours a week as a volunteer. As everyone on here knows, the GOPe are extremely nasty, especially when their “chosen” is being challenged. They are one sword short of acting like ISSIS….I was constantly having to change locks on our offices at headquarters and have a company come in and sweep for “bugs”…this was wasted donation $$$$. And I guess the point I am trying to make is to pray for Donald and his family…because this is going to get a whole lot nastier. They scared Perot….his daughter was getting married in TX…and the day he quit, we had just completed a National poll…he was at 19% after only 3 months. There was rumor of some sort of threat against his family.

But the experience taught me a lot….first and foremost…that campaign was grassroots all the way. We never got a dime from Perot…raised all of our operating expenses ourselves. There were over 6,000 volunteers in my region alone. People were passionate because they had found someone who spoke for them, and to them. He made a very poor choice in his VP pick and after that, the unraveling began.

But enough of history. We hopefully learn from mistakes, but I can tell you this…1992 felt like a rebellion and people were fired up. 2016 sure feels like a rebellion. It will work…to use a mantra from the Tampa Bay Bucs when they won their one and only super bowl…”keep pounding that rock”

25. Howie says:

Skreli nails it. We are represented by imbeciles.

26. Howie says:

Cruz and Levin exposed as shills. Cruz is a Spy! For the COC-NWO. Chertoff is as inside as it gets.
    A closer look at Cruz reveals he is a neocon insider, not a renegade outsider.
    His campaign manager, Chad C. Sweet, co-founded the Chertoff Group with former Bush and Obama administration Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff. Sweet, as a leader of the Chertoff Group, “advocated for expanding NSA metadata collection,” according to his bio on the risk-management and security consulting company’s webpage.

27. NHVoter says:

• Howie says:

The whole “system” is so corrupt it must be demolished and rebuilt. It can no longer be “fixed.” We have us a clunker. Now people are paying out Cash for Clunkers. All the stiffs are clunkers.

28. Howie says:

Huckster and Sanitarium proven to be shills. Outed. Back Rubio. Next Paul the shill?

29. Lulu says:

I consider this to be election-related:

Border agent: ‘We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether’

Meanwhile the Examiner’s reporters and editorialists have been doing everything they can to defeat Donald Trump and push Rubio.

30. Pops says:

Spot the deliberate mistake / fix / shenanigans….

31. Dora says:

Des Moines Register calls for audit of Iowa results: ‘Something smells in the Democratic Party’

32. Dora says:

33. Bastiat says:

Bad news:

Trump 25% of the vote from Republican-primary voters nationally. Cruz and Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida tied for second at 21% apiece.

34. barton2016 says:

I literally cannot afford to vote for Rubio even if he’s the nominee. Every day I come to work and see more H1B guest workers undercutting my pay and taking opportunities. Rubio and Cruz have both tried to increase the H1B quota under their own legislation.

35. winky says:

Quite a crazy story about Rubio…if it is not true at least it is entertaining in a sort of sleazy way!!

36. LawrencePaul says:

So which one is the outlier? Not PPP the democrat poll, surely not.

2016 Republican Presidential Nomination PPP (D) Trump 25, Cruz 21, Rubio 21, Carson 11, Bush 5, Paul 5, Christie 3, Kasich 5, Fiorina 3, Huckabee, Santorum 0 Trump +4

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary UMass/7News (Tracking) Trump 36, Rubio 15, Cruz 14, Kasich 7, Bush 8, Christie 5, Fiorina 3, Carson 4, Paul, Huckabee, Santorum Trump +21

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary UMass/7News (Tracking) Trump 38, Rubio 12, Cruz 14, Kasich 7, Bush 9, Christie 6, Fiorina 3, Carson 3, Paul 2, Huckabee, Santorum 0 Trump +24

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary Harper (R) Trump 31, Rubio 10, Cruz 9, Kasich 12, Bush 14, Christie 6, Fiorina 5, Carson 3, Paul 3, Huckabee 0, Santorum 0 Trump +17

New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary ARG Trump 34, Rubio 11, Cruz 10, Kasich 16, Bush 9, Christie 6, Fiorina 2, Carson 2, Paul 2, Huckabee 0, Santorum 1 Trump +18

37. Jimmyboy says:

I often wonder if the GOP has considered voters such as myself in the road map to elect an established candidate and roadblocking Trump. I am a registered Democrat. I do plan to swing to the other side and vote for Trump. If Trump does not have a chance in the presidential election, I will swing back and vote for a Democrat. This is simply because none of the other Republican candidates appear trustworthy, electable, or have a strong history of leadership. This is the case for most of the folks I speak to…..Trump is pulling voters from the other side of the aisle………either we can vote for Trump as a republican or you lose our vote and we vote against the party.

38. PremAmerica says:

Dr. Lynette Bryant…… She is the one who told Trump in Little Rock yesterday that she ran as a Democrat for Governor in 2014. Now supports Trump!!!

• LoreneTN says:

She wanted Trump to do a pig call. It was cute. Trump didn’t know how to do a pig call. You have to grow up on a farm or in a small town to know how to do that. I can do it.

• Sandra says:

I can do it but it’s never been field-tested. 🙂

• jello333 says:

I can’t do a pig call, but our little pot-belly we used to have sure tried to teach me how. Try to carry her when she didn’t want to be, and she’d SCREAM in your ear… PAINFUL. And she was so smart, that there were even certain words that would set her off. I liked to insult her by calling her “porker” when she kept begging for my food… she’d scream every time I said the word. 😉

• Concerned says:

Two different CNN people actually said Carson was not going to be in New Hampshire and South Carolina! Any reasonable person would have concluded that Carson was indeed suspending his campaign, or that the suspension was imminent. What candidate would skip those two states except one who was dropping out? I’m not excusing the Cruz campaign though, what they did was awful.

• LawrencePaul says:

Yes but Carson said that he was, and the two CNN people were the reporter in Iowa and the anchor in the studio. So one source. Cruz and King that Carson had refuted the CNN report while they were still lying to voters that he was out of the race.

39. winky says:

Another sick story if true about Cruz’s tie’s to New York Lavender Mafia…how dare he question Trump’s New York Values…these people are just sick!

40. Dora says:

Oh No!!

41. chasingfacts says:

Patrick Henry- another of our own teachers-
    immortal words: “I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death.”
    “Patrick Henry was a leader in every protest against British tyranny and in every movement for colonial rights.”
    To think they gave their blood, sweat and tears on the ground we walk, only to have it stolen
    by a bunch of money grubbers

42. outerlimitsfan says:

Rush is of course in full defense mode of Cruz. On Facebook be is posting that “Are we even bearing from angry voters that think they got cheated by this” Or even “Jimmy Carter says he would rather have Trump than Ted Cruz. Of course he doesn’t want the Reagan Republican Cruz.”

It’s depressing to see so many defend a guy who claims he is running on Christian values and then pulls stunts like this. Many of them complain when Democrats pull dirty stunts, but are fine if Cruz does it.

• TheTorch says:

It is appalling and this is what happens when people, like Rush, get blinkered by someone like Cruz, it is almost an infatuation, and that means they lose all objectivity, so they can’t see the wood for the trees.

There is simply no way any decent person can support the fraud Cruz has perpetrated, without sacrificing their own principles in the process.

Just shocking how some so called Conservatives are covering this up and pretending it is nothing and of no concern. Give me a break.

• ediegrey says:

It is not infatuation with Rush, it is business as usual. Only now it is out in the open that Rush is no friend to conservatives or any patriotic American. Bought and paid for, just like all the rest. Read “1984” – Rush is a useful cover and manipulator for the powers that be, very good at his job.

43. NHVoter says:

LOL

44. snaggletooths says:

Iowa governor pans Cruz for ‘unethical’ actions in caucus

“We have a strong sense of fairness in Iowa,” Branstad told Radio Iowa on Thursday. “Distributing information that was not true about a candidate right at the time people are voting in the caucuses is an inappropriate thing.”

Branstad lampooned the tactic as “unethical and unfair,” and warned that he thinks there will be “repercussions.”

45. TheTorch says:

Donald Trump Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

at Great Bay Community College
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 7:00 PM (ET)

YouTube (Right Side Broadcasting)

YouTube (News Universe)

YouTube (Make America Great Again)

YouTube (FOX 10 Phoenix HD)