CNN/WMUR Poll New Hampshire – Trump 29%, Rubio 18%, Cruz 13%, Kasich 12%…

The latest CNN/WMUR Poll (full pdf below) of New Hampshire shows Donald Trump holding a consistent lead and Marco Rubio clearing the GOPe lanes as predicted.  Ted Cruz comes in third at 13%, but close with John Kasich (12%) and Jeb Bush (10%).

Chris Christie dropping to 4% is a surprise.  This current poll has Christie doing much worse than all previous polling in the Granite state.  However, Christie’s sixth place tie with Carly Fiorina does put Carly back on the ABC debate stage so there could be a “Time-Warner/Disney” motive/smoothing factor at work.

It will be interesting to see if the scourge of Heroin addition is really as central to the New Hampshire voter as the media have previously proclaimed.

If so, a generally intelligent assertion would think that closing the Mexican border, the source of the drug influx, would be a key component to the voting decision.   However, Senator Rubio, who is the biggest advocate for open borders, is showing strong – which is counter intuitive to the drug concern claim.

If you think carefully about which narrative would most likely benefit the GOPe narrative moving forward, and you consider the New Hampshire professional republican party has already stated their vitriolic hatred for Donald Trump, the most likely scenario will be a Marco Rubio victory (Trump 2nd) which is useful to sell the Trump is a loser meme.

We’ll be going into that in detail for the debate predictions; which, at this point, are brutally transparent.

The goal remains, as it has always been, to remove Donald Trump.  Elimination of Trump allows the original GOPe road-map to continue unabated. [Current Road Map]

CNN-WMUR Poll New Hampshire 02-04-16

(CNN) Donald Trump continues to hold a wide lead among likely Republican primary voters in New Hampshire, according to a new CNN/WMUR tracking poll, with the pack vying for second place is beginning to break up.

Behind Trump’s field-leading 29% support, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio climbs to second place with 18% following his strong third place finish in Iowa, followed by Ted Cruz (13%) and John Kasich (12%) in a near-tie for third. Jeb Bush holds fifth place at 10%, a hair behind Cruz and Kasich, with Chris Christie and Carly Fiorina well behind at 4% each. The fight for second place between Cruz, Rubio and Kasich remains within the survey’s margin of sampling error.

The poll was conducted entirely after the Iowa caucuses.

Cruz has held steady compared with his pre-Iowa standing, while Kasich and Bush have each bumped up their share of the vote slightly, though within the margin of sampling error. Christie has lost some ground, dipping 4 points since a CNN/WMUR poll conducted before the Iowa caucuses.

The results reflect interviews conducted during the first two and a half days of a tracking poll that will ultimately wrap together three nights worth of interviews. (read more)

trump lion

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, media bias, Predictions, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

242 Responses to CNN/WMUR Poll New Hampshire – Trump 29%, Rubio 18%, Cruz 13%, Kasich 12%…

1. In the coming weeks, If Kasich and Bush drop out, and all their support goes to Rubio, that could mean real trouble.

2. You didn’t mention that the margin of error for this poll is a ludicrous 6.8%.

Seems like a scam to push the “surge” meme.

• sundance says:

Paradigm shift !!

The MOE cuts both ways.

Knowing the BIG PICTURE GOAL is the removal of TRUMP – which way is more beneficial right now? To deflate Trump numbers, or to inflate Trump numbers?

Think !

It’s better for the long game to INFLATE Trump. That allows the narrative to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Reverse the polling percentages of #1 and #2 and you have a more accurate probability.

• 1hear2learn says:

Oh this is depressing…

• Nah, I don’t buy that Rubio actually gained that much, considering that he was previously 22+% up. I’ll wait for more reliable polls.

Also, this entire “surge” narrative ais a phony designed to make the fraud look more plausible.

• Also, it is actually more advantageous to deflate Trump’s numbers if they are overly high, because it helps inflate Cruz to push the “surge” narrative. It’s almost impossible to pull off the fraud if Trump is 25 to 30 points in front in the polls.

• chasingfacts says:

Did hear Byron York yesterday on Laura Ingraham say this is why ” Trump needs to have his own hired diagnostics on the ground. (I think Byron said pay the money).
        It is what GOPe did in Iowa. Try to make Trump look foolish. Just a celebrity.
        Because false (high)polls create a picture the opposition can use to deflate/destroy a candidate.

• Are you saying Rubio is polling higher than Trump in reality?

• JoeS says:

I am going to go out on a limb here and stay consistent to my previous thoughts. Trump is taking a lot of incoming. No one even covered the story about Cruz ACTUALLY being guilty in Iowa tonight. because Trump is taking the incoming, he is going to outperform in NH.

People in the polls are SPOOKED. His crowds are big.

THIS AINT NO CAUCUS. Not this time.

• redsequin4 says:

I’m really despising the Uniparty so much.

• BobW462 says:

Small sample size polls like this (and so many we’ve seen) almost always indicate that data is being manipulated. We may not know for sure in which direction, but we know its happening.

• But what about the huge audiences? Don’t they back up the poll numbers?

• trst10 says:

I’m lost, discouraged and on the brink of being done wasting my time with any of this shit. How have things changed so drastically? Two weeks ago hopes were very high for Trump and now it’s basically hopeless? What’s the point of even paying attention to any of it at all? Don’t mean to sound like an ass but I don’t get how things went bad so fast.

• Southern Son says:

In a way, you have to see through the smoke. The same way SD and DJT do.
          I’m still trustn’ my gut, DT, SD, and God Almighty.

• trst10 says:

See through the smoke? Unless we are commenting on 2 different posts, it sounds to me a lot like Sundance saying there’s not much chance for a Trump victory. So after all the rah-rah cheering, the “yuge” crowds and all the build up over the last 5 months, a 2nd place showing in the 1st state and that’s all she wrote? So I ask again, what the hell is the point in following along anymore?

• Yeah, I like this site but Sundance’s posts seem to be very heavy on the negative and the depressing. I don’t really see any solutions, just problems. Just my two cents.

• sundance says:

Obviously you never went through Mississippi 2014.

If you had, you would understand.

• Fair enough, and you’re right I wasn’t on this site back then, but it did make me mad. I felt so lost at that time because I couldn’t find anyone to point it out and expose it.

I really do like the site, I guess my only issue is that I have trouble seeing a path to victory since the deck seems so stacked. In a fair election, DT wins by miles. But, we don’t have fair elections in this country anymore. Not even close.

• DaveNY says:

The deck is stacked against Trump so the question remains whether or not he is a man or Providence. If he is in fact a man of Providence NOTHING will stop him.

• mossback says:

This I agree, I believe (until proven wrong) that Trump is Providence……just as Cyrus the Great was directed (slight of hand I imagine since Cyrus didn’t know the Lord) to over throw and conquor Babylon and few the Jews, allowing them to return to their home land….I believe (and right now it is very hard after reading all this negative stuff and watching Trump’s stumbling around trying to give the whole picture instead of just a straight forward answer on replacing Obamacare last night)…..anyway I believe that Trump has been groomed (and does not know it himself) by the Lord for this occasion. Lord I hope I am correct.

3. NHVoter says:

This poll has a ridiculously high MOE – 6.8% – so I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

My guess is that Carly will be on the debate stage (ugh) and will attack Trump. She’ll make some snide comment about him being afraid of women like herself & her pal Megyn Kelly.
    Barf.

I don’t see how Rubio is in 2nd & Cruz in 3rd. From what I’ve seen on the ground here Kasich & Christie have a lot of support. There’s not much enthusiasm for Rubio or Cruz. I’m quite politically active here & that’s what I’ve noticed. I do think the governors will pile on Rubio & Cruz at the debate. The new moderator, Mary Katherine Ham, will go after Trump.

4. Howie says:

Jebio Karubush has 40%. They are splitting themselves now.

5. beaujest says:

Also dropping in the polls El Rushbo “with talent on loan from Rupert Murdoch” !

• stringy theory says:

El Rushbo along with Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, and a host of other GOPe shills. Glad we discovered what these supposed “conservative” sages are really about. I never listen to talk radio so it doesn’t affect me.

• USA Patriot says:

Stringy: But I am sure that many naive conservatives still hang on every word of these Golden Tongue Globalists / GOPe slick Talkers, esp Ditto-Heads. If Rush and company
        had told the truth about Cruz and Rubio Trump would have won Iowa big.

Somehow these Talker traitors to We The People need to be further exposed otherwise Trump’s nomination is in jeaporady. CTH can only do so much. Any solutions would be welcomed. Trump can not expose Rush and the company personally; he needs surrogates to do this — Jeffery Lord are you listening?

Again I also say that it is urgent for Trump to expose all the candidate Senators that voted for (or skipped) for TPA or TPP (Obamatrade) and Iran/ Corker with some bullet point explanations of how that enables Obama in destroying this country. Why Trump hasn’t is a mystery to me.

I realize that I have touched on two different topics here — both vitally important.

• USA Patriot says:

I have decided that if Trump does not win I will write him in the General just to send a message to the GOPe and I will vote for no down tickets except for the few patriots remaining, like Dave Brat, Jess Sessions, Duncan Hunter Junior, Louie Gomez, and a few others I missed. This will destroy the GOPe but then we will show clearly the Dema are to blame for the demise of America along with Fox and the Golden Tongue talkers , save Savage,

Look there is an election every two years so maybe there would be enough time to rebuild the GOP (under the Patriot Party) and even now we should setting up Patriots for being Primaried this election. Need organization and money to do this,

If this strategy gets out there maybe the GOPe will think twice of backing Trump to save their own hides. If not they go the way of the Whigs. I Like it.

• Craig W. Gordon says:

Good one! Hahaha

• Kaiser Roll says:

• redsequin4 says:

LOL…good one!

• kittymyers says:

I haven’t listened for a couple of days. Is Rush still on his subtle anti-Trump campaign? Someone said he has been brushing aside Cruz’s lies by saying “It’s just politics.” Is that true?

6. zadatn says:

Someone on the Daily Pundict called Bill out about one of Sundance’s report about Cruz. Bill set him straight real quick. http://www.dailypundit.com/?p=115832#comments

7. axia777 says:

My question is why does Kasich have 12%? Why!? The man is literally a moron. His answers during every single debate have been incomprehensible and idiotic. He has the mental aquity of a turnip. Him as POTUS would be terrifying. I would rather have, God forbid, Rubio as POTUS.

• Howie says:

All the voters out there in television and radio land may not be too bright? Maybe they like the status quo? The delicate balance require do keep the Ponzi Scheme afloat? Ahhh Dunno.

• USA Patriot says:

What are the big money Ads in NH — anybody know. And maybe Trump needs to rethink not taking donations — only from We The People and small USA businesses not the Multi-National Corporations.

• I agree with everything axia777 said about Kasich but I want him to hang around a little longer. The mailman comments on Breitbart are really funny. Someone suggested that he should be Postmaster General. With all the speculation about what’s going to happen to our country, we need a little levity to retain our sanity.

• WSB says:

Probably the act. GOPe sends him there with money, so they can say he spent a lot of time ‘on the ground ‘ and has increased his following. Bingo, they ‘give’ him 12%.

I wish I would have been able to take a course on this in High Scool:
      Politicians and Scumbags 101.

8. NHVoter says:

Btw this is true. If you want to help out please get in touch with me on Twitter.

9. feralcatsblog says:

Bring all Trump Batteries to bear on Target Rubio, adjust fire and fire for effect

10. Checking on Levin , he seems to be changing the subject to Bernnie and Hildebeast….

11. Friends! We must remain united and focused and work hard to help Mr. Trump!
    Please volunteer money, postcards, and your presence/time working with his campaign!
    All this Screwbio bullshit is making me nervous!
    We must put pedal to medal! Twitter/Facebook/Friends/Neighbors/Family/Church/Hair Salon/kids sporting events…please positively and gently encourage support for Mr. Trump!
    Pray, Pray, Pray Everday! Thanks Friends! MAGA 2016!!!

• singtune says:

Yes, in each “State there IS a Trump Organization”~! Even if you can not travel, you can “Make PHONE Call’s to other State’s & in you State”~~ FOR TRUMP~! I work out from my Country Office for TRUMP here in Florida. { They are the ones who trained me. } I am sure each County has one here. Go Online & Volunteer or get a Phone Number for your State Office. Then you can work from there to get involved~!

Shelly is Correct~! GET INVOLVED~~there are so many ways~! I am 78, so I can only do a Few things, but when a Local Office is opened up in the General Election~I WILL be there for sure~!

12. We are in his head now total

13. Craig W. Gordon says:

The anti-Trump vitriol is increasing on (FB)FaceButt. My wife was viciously attacked on FB last night for mentioning she liked Trump. The Cruz supporters attacked with sharp knives.

Today, my wife posted the Breitbart audio on the Cruz lie about Carson. Crickets. 🙈🙉🙊🤔

• white1awake says:

Yes, I have noticed it too. On FOX sports, when they posted a story about MMA fighter Chael Sonnen endorsing Trump, the hate filled comments directed at the very few positive commentators was astounding. Worse still, most of the hate is based on outright falsehoods attributed to Trump. Even when corrected, they don’t budge an inch.
      It’s so unfair to Trump, but like he says himself: Life isn’t fair!

I just hope every single true American gets out and VOTES. It matters more than ever, as the hordes of the uninformed are truly legion.

• irvingtwosmokes says:

Is this one of the knife attackers

• Gopnomore says:

I’ve had the same thing happen to me! It’s getting vicious over there. I was even told I couldn’t be saved and support Trump. It’s now the gospel PLUS Cruz with these people😳

• Gail Combs says:

Remember there are bots out there. Often what looks like an army is actually only 5 to 10 PAID employees under multiple names.
        Human beings on the internet are now a minority Bots Are Now 61% Of Internet Users

BUSTED! Police Trace IP of White House Disinfo Operatives!

Never forget that Twitter and Facebook are OWNED by the Enemy and they have had their plands in place for fifty to a hundred years or more.

Also they have been using Psyops on the American public for years too. Twitter and Facebook are just more of the same.

Psych-Ops: Psychological Operations (Psy-Ops)
        Psychological operations (psych-ops or psy-ops) refer to the planned use of psychological knowledge to influence the behavior of groups, organizations or populations. Although associated with guerilla warfare, rebellion and subversion; many marketing and political strategies include psych-ops techniques … including office politics and social engineering.

An organization can protect itself from psych-ops manipulation by recognizing the warning signs, defusing the tactics and convincing members to commit to a common mission….
        UNQUOTE

• Gail Combs says:

Here is another link: Disinformation 101
          It shows the Disinfo network is already in place so expect it to be used against Mr Trump.
          Ever wonder why those same obnoxious, arrogant and infrequent users just happen to appear on the heels of very controversial posts like clock-work? They monitor, wait and then pounce of the same topics to emotionalize and antagonize legitimate users on social networking and thousands of other websites. Whether it be vaccines, GMO, organic foods or any other topic geared towards natural health or contradicting mainstream opinion, these “online trolls” are now being exposed as part of sophisticated, larger operation on behalf of multi-national food corporations, pharmaceutical cartels, big agribusiness and chemical companies that cumulatively generate trillions of dollars in revenue….
          UNQUOTE

The 25 RULES OF DISINFORMATION will sound very very familiar to anyone who has had dealing with these disinfo-agents.

14. Rubio surge! GOPe propping up their pet !!

15. Mark’s person reading here:

Glenn Beck
    David Barton
    Ferris and Dan Wilkes
    Robert Mercer
    Goldman and Sacks
    CITI

Just deal with it.

16. Dear Mark,

It was not U S All out here who voted for the Obama spending bill..

The people you helped get elected the last 20 years, you and Bush.

17. Trumped says:

Iowa didnt care about ethanol cruz, so..

• ecmarsh says:

I am a Southerner by heritage but have lived in Iowa for 30 years. I have somewhat of an inside outsider prospective.
      Very few Normal Iowans care about ethanol, only the big farmers. The joke here is, “Why is the bill of a farmers cap rolled? So he can stick his head in the mail box to see if the government check has come.” The normal people don’t give a rats butt about ethanol. It decreases gas mileage, ruins small engines and older auto engines. I hate to use normal and abnormal but don’t know how to separate them.
      Now, I don’t discount the Cruz votes but the Rubio count is absolutely unacceptable. You see, the conservatives up here watch Fox News and believe whatever is vomited out of the foxes mouth, listen to Limbaugh, read the Des Moines register (even though hate that paper,) and many watch (God help us) TBN. Very few (total population) went to a Trump rally so they were told what to believe by the media which is all they knew.
      We get 10,000 at a rally plus 20,000 or 30,000 watching live. That is the population of a small city like Mason City or whatever. Most Iowans (and other Americans) never get to see Mr. Trump. Fellow Americans, the media is against us.

• Sentient says:

Iowa is 1% of the country’s population. Cruz got about 1.5% of Iowa’s population to vote for him (64% of the GOP electorate was evangelicals). Trump got about 1.4% of Iowa’s population to vote for him.

• USA Patriot says:

Which media? It was our media –they are turncoats and we all know now this for sure even the naive Ditto Heads. We are bought bu the Free Traitors and it has a namre Fascism.

18. Borders Language Culture

19. Howie says:

Indie Run! JMO. Why deal with these scummy politicians? Run Indie and open fire on all the crooks.

20. LibertatiAutAdMortem says:

Rubio propaganda on Fox News 24/7 for the uninformed. Rubio is qualified to be a gay porn star, not President.

21. Fiorina is just another perpetually offended West Cost Liberal Feminist. If she’s going to be on the stage, expect me to find something far more interesting to watch on Youtube, like “How to clean out your toenails using your EDC knife.”

• Kaiser Roll says:

Her dad was a federal judge, yet she always refers to herself as someone who started as a “waitress”.

She ran HP into the ground, no corporation has even admitted to making her an offer to be a CEO since. When Mark Hurd was fired from HP, he got a new job.

She lost badly in the 2010 Senate election, and will not admit that without the anti-white politics of the Democrats, California would still be a red state.

• That personality is not something that just came on yesterday. That has been cultivated and honed over decades to be the flaming B some will see on stage. If you were going to hire a CEO, you’d have to ask yourself “could ANYONE in our organization put up with that flaming B for the long term or would they just flat out quit?”

22. Mark look within get to know yourself.
    Review your results.
    Understand that is it not you, not the D’s not the R’s, not the money, not the power.

We The People.

You may not like U S All but we did WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, now Syria, next who knows what, and notwithstanding your law degree we rule, we own, we will be here when your gone. We are the Border Patrol your two party evil money cult will not allow to do our jobs.
    We are the Seal Teams who get our transit info leaked to Islamic ones of Terror by the Clintons and Obama. We are the ones who have to see one of our team members killed before we can fire back when we knew it was an ambush. We are the ones that the devaluation of our dollar have to pay more and more to feed outselves. We are the ones who do vote, we do get in the fight.

You are attacking those who defend you.
    Thus disrespect.

23. Mark, Cruz lied and cheated to get the votes.

• rajabear1 says:

Yes, Trump had votes stolen from both camps. Cruz is being dealt with, rubio may be a harder one to prove, though.
      I know we’re looking at Microsoft, but that doesn’t explain what we watched live during vote counts and rubio’s stack growing huge in what should have been a Trump stronghold. And that was consistent with the higher populated areas. It’s where rubio did his unbelievable surge.
      In many of the more rural areas, the votes pretty much aligned with the polls for those areas. Stronger for cruz/carson and Trump a little higher % than expected (those be those quite ones that wouldn’t admit they liked Trump), but no outrageous bump for rubio. How is that statistically possible?
      Could it be those mystical 7000 people bush’s team supposedly brought in accordingly to Buchanan? Who knows.
      Just seems like it would be easier to dump in the higher populated areas than try to spread all over the state.
      It’ll be interesting to see how the mysterious marco bump was really created.

24. Winston says:

All, what do you think the best scenario is for us in New Hampshire? I’d like to see Cruz drop out afterwards, but that doesn’t seem likely. I’m sure some of the GOPe’s will drop out. I’m thinking a dead tie for Bush-Rubio-Kasich would be the best.

• NHVoter says:

IMO a Kasich/Christie/Jeb 2nd & 3rd place would be ideal. This could help slow Rubio’s momentum and I think all 3 are much easier to beat in the long run.

I would be very surprised if Cruz does well here.

• 1hear2learn says:

The more GOPe that stay in at this point the better for splitter reasons IMO. Cruz will be in at least until SC, no matter what happens in NH. I hate to look back, but IA was crucial to throwing a knockout punch to not only Cruz, but to GOPe. The fact that 3000 votes in IA may determine the outcome of our nominee ticks me off. It’s not the loss per se, but the gosh darn media cartel shaping the narrative.

I think if Trump can win NH & SC, we still have a fighting chance and Trump can prevail. There’s a lot of talk about SC being Bush country so hoping that many of the GOPe splitters remain at least until SC.

I think Rubio is such a rube that he has no idea about the overall plan and would not drop out for Bush’s sake, even if his puppeteers ask him to, because he has a taste of being so close… and he’s power hungry.

Same with Cruz, he has money and a taste of being so close he might not listen to his puppeteers either – especially since he has the radio heads backing him also.

I wish the Cruz / Trump battle hadn’t started so soon, or at all, because while there’s no way will Cruz would have endorsed Trump to begin with, at least his constituents wouldn’t have been so poisoned against Trump as they are now due to the radio heads bad mouthing Trump. Rush praising Rubio is just beyond me, I really cannot believe he went there. I can see him pretending to fall for Cruz’s BS, but to ignore Rubio’s gang of 8 stances and pretend he is good choice – I just cannot believe he thought we were all that stupid. Even with Romney, I think he waited until Romney was the nominee before he started trying to convince us he was okay.

I hope the Trump knocks it out of the park in the next debate and crushes them all! I want to see Trump back up in the 30’s and 40’s!!!

25. El_Flaco says:

The establishment vote is beating out the anti establishment vote in this poll. Based on his donors I consider Cruz to be establishment, but the reality is his voters consider him anti establishment. Whichever column you put Cruz in the establishment is still ahead here.

• USA Patriot says:

Yes they think slippery Cruz is not establishment thanks to Rush, Levin and Fox’s false narrative –they are real enemies of America — shout it loud and clear.

26. Raffaella says:

It is best if these polls do not show a big lead. We want every Trump supporter to show up and vote.

27. jackntx says:

Polls don’t matter. Votes don’t even matter.

Vote COUNTERS matter.

If the GOPe wants (1) Rubio (2) Trump in NH, that’s what they’ll get.

28. GAGreene says:

Trumps in trouble yall…. I’m as hard core Trump as anybody but we got problems.
    He’s not picking up voters as people drop out.
    Levins punk ass bashing him for 3 hours a night…… I’m scared he’s capped out. He has got to get on message and stay there.

29. Raffaella says:

I predict that Cruz will finish 4th or 5th in New Hampshire and goes into SC really damaged:
    First – Trump
    Second – Rubio
    Third – Kasich
    4th – Bush or Christie
    5th – Cruz

• Crassus says:

It doesn’t really matter what happens to Teddy Ballgame in NH. He’ll run only a token campaign there and keep his powder dry for South Carolina and Flurduh, two states where he has a better chance of winning.

• nyflacon says:

I’m here in Fla and I can tell you that Trump is strong here. I don’t see Teddy winning here at all.

• singtune says:

I am here in Florida too~! Very Strong for Trump! Bush & Rubio are NOT liked at all~! Honestly, I only knew about Cruz from comments on the Internet this summer. I then began to Vet him & found out a LOT of “Negative Information” that told me~~ to not LOOK at him at all,~~ just within a Few days~! THEN ~~I found the Treehouse & have been finding out the REST~! I can not STAND to hear him TALK & have to turn the sound off during the Debates, whenever Cruz or Kasish speak~!

• Sandra says:

Will they call Rubio a “loser” and continually refer to his “loss” if he finishes in 2nd place? Will the NY Post put up a front page picture of Rubio as a sad loser clown?

30. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

My opinion is that voter turnout in these primaries is the key for Mr. Trump.

The Iowa caucus process seems to me to be designed to discourage turnout (set time, one to three hour commitment to cast a vote, have to listen some spiels prior to voting)…..and while the turnout was pathetically low it was 50% larger than 2012 and most of that delta increased turnout voted Mr. Trump.

My hope is that with a more normal voting process in New Hampshire that turnout is YUGE and carries the day for Mr. Trump.

31. Concerned says:

Sundance, thank you so much for mentioning heroin. Heroin use is at epidemic levels now. It must be costing us billions of dollars due to lost productivity, medical care, incarceration, and welfare. I know an addict who used to be a productive self-supporting tax-paying citizen. Once addicted he quickly became a burden on society. He went through several expensive rehabs covered by insurance, none of which were effective. He was recently incarcerated (a fate only slightly better than death) so now will cost taxpayers $20k per year. He racked up debt while using because he couldn’t afford his habit, and now has zero income due to incarceration, so will need to file bankruptcy. When he gets out he’ll have to go on welfare until he can get a job and be self-supporting again. It’s a disaster. How evil are our politicians that they leave the door wide open for this awful drug to flow into our country and cause so many problems, not just for the addicts and their family and friends but also all taxpayers? You can blame the individual addicts for their stupidity, and yes the person I know was very very stupid to ever touch the drug, but there’s just so much of it available! Why not close the ****** door????? How hard is it????? (sigh)

32. GAGreene says:

My kids have on Trump shirts right now!
    I’m saying this out of concern. There are sleeve bag Cruz signs in my neck of deep south Ga. NO Trump signs. If DT is going to win he HAS to get a message and pound it. Stay out of this attack stuff and stay off the tweeter. Except positive message stuff. I GET DT I’m voting for him hell or high water but most people don’t get him. That is a problem. A BIG one. TRUMP 2016

33. bofh says:

Hard to “close the door” because there’s so much money involved to corrupt and maintain various levels of LEO’s, and beyond that, the traffic is used as currency in international bargaining, since it entails a huge cash flow. I’d be very surprised if various alphabet-agencies weren’t directly involved, either for the money or for the control/power aspects.

34. winky says:

This is a sleazy campaign and it seems trump has to be ahead of these sleazeballs every step of the way but it seems he needs a team of people he cannot do it all himself….there are too many of them …….Orly Taitz an attorney says it is a conflict of interest for Microsoft to be counting the votes and he needs to tell Bill Gates to back off

• singtune says:

BILL GATES ~~IS~~the “Global Elite” & one of the ONES in Back of all this EVIL~! He is the richest Man in this country~. Some think he is a Humanitarian~~but they are “Very Very Wrong”~~! If you do the extensive research you will find out. I have been researching this stuff for 19 years since I retired from teaching. it became a Hobby, because i was trying to figure out what went Wrong with the great country i grew up in~!.

35. timmihendrix says:

So a poll of 209 Republicans??

36. TheTorch says:

Nate Silver – is saying Trump has 62% chance of winning New Hampshire, the polls overall are very good for Trump.

Although Nate is a Dem and certainly has his biases including not liking Trump! I have to give him credit in that he is more right than wrong most of the time.

NH is looking good, but there can be absolutely no complacency, there is the possibility for a blow out result, here’s hoping!🙂

37. papagolfer says:

So I am totally confused as to a lot of the comments from folks on here tonight, including Sundance. Are we supposed to believe Rubio is actually polling more than Trump now and they are inflating Trump’s numbers?? How??? I am totally confused.

38. helenerbrown says:

I don’t understand the obsession with polls. On January 30 the Des Moines Register poll had a four point margin of error (point spread of 8, plus and minus). Both Trump and Cruz were in that margin of error. Couldn’t a candidates poll numbers be inflated within the margin of error so that he could be labeled a “loser” after voting? Polls are easily manipulated and over emphasized by pundits, MSM and candidates for providing a false credibility to a predetermined narrative. Why are they so important?

• Sandra says:

They’re the only measure we have of what might happen on voting day.

• helenerbrown says:

But why such large “margin of error”? Aren’t there protocols or standards for these pollsters?

• Sandra says:

Apparently not. I’m also bothered by the weighting, the deliberate adjustment of data to mesh with demographics.

I can imagine that polling caucus states is more challenging, a lot of people hope to attend a caucus but back out because it’s too inconvenient. I’m hoping that some of the New Hampshire polls are close to the actual results, then we might be able to have a little more faith in them.

By the way, I’m not convinced that the polls are deliberately being manipulated to make certain candidates look better or worse, but I might be more convinced of it after NH and SC.

• redsequin4 says:

My theory on Iowa is that Cruz stole votes from Carson to beat Trump. Even though I can’t stand Rove he gave a good explanation of how it could have happened. The message went out to 1500 Cruz precinct captains to spread the word that Carson was dropping out of the race. If each precinct had a change of just 4 votes from Carson to Cruz, that’s 6000 votes, which I believe was the margin Cruz beat Trump by. My other speculation is the Rubio surge came from Iowa farmers and meat packers who rely on cheap illegal labor. The Iowa meatpacking industry has almost totally replaced American workers with illegals from Mexico and other foreigners. Not sure how correct my little analysis is but I think it makes sense.

New Hampshire is a totally different ball game, I think DT will win soundly but make no mistake the GOPe is coalescing around Rubio and they’re out for blood, with the Koch bros throwing their weight around and threatening to throw more dirt Donald’s way. The MSM is also playing up the lie that DT had no ground game in Iowa and postulating if DT is serious enough to spend the money in NH and beyond on his “ground game”. In other words they’re accusing him of not being serious about spending the money he needs to win, which is ridiculous. That man has worked his tail off more than any other candidate. He gets so much free media he didn’t need to spend a 100 million like the Jebster, who has nothing to show for it and now in desperation is taking his mom to his rallies.

• viddysweet says:

I’m still taken aback with the speed and precision employed in making those calls. Has anyone guaged how many “volunteers” it would have taken to get the word out so expeditiously? It looks more like a carefully organized fraud than someone taking advantage of a news announcement.

• redsequin4 says:

“It looks more like a carefully organized fraud than someone taking advantage of a news announcement.”

It does, doesn’t it.

39. Sandra says:

I’m afraid the improved percentages for Rubio and Cruz are Sanders interlopers who feel confident enough that Sanders is going to win to allow them to cross over and screw with the GOP primary. But they’d better be careful, if too many of them cross over then Hillary could win …

40. yakmaster2 says:

There is a brand new freahman SENATOR named SASSE who’s making a name for himself by trying to take out Trump. He’s got an advanced degree from Harvard and it’s reported he’s making Trump his “mission.”
    I saw him speak on both Fox and CNN today, criticizing what he perceives as Trump’s disdain for the Constitution. ??? Apparently, he’s a sanctioned establishment attack dog—which Trump would be better off pointing out in his Twitter war with him rather than personally insulting him. If some media person is writing Trump’s Twitter responses to people who criticize him that person needs to respond to Sasse this way:
    How diseased is the GOP if sitting Congressmen actively campaign AGAINST a party candidate instead of supporting another?
    That vitrolic Lindsey Graham is at it again too. When asked today why, if he’s for Jeb, he was only attacking Trump not Rubio or Cruz he really had no answer. In fact, he looked surprised and uncomfortable with the question. Of course, the truth is the establishment wants him bird-dogging Trump only!! Same with Sasse. The elitists don’t want us voting in someone “unworthy” of being President.

41. Plain Jane says:

This scares me from Breitbart: ” A new national survey from Public Policy Polling finds GOP frontrunner Donald Trump shedding 9-points since early January. The race for the Republican nomination is now essentially a 3-way tie between Trump and Sens. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
    97% and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)79%”

Donald is holding up through all the hammering the “conservative” talking heads are pounding, but people are so stupid and have so much baggage that I wonder if they have any discernment.
    I am really thankful for what Sundance is doing here and thank God that he is doing it. God bless you and yours Sundance.

42. Pinkie says:

Independents can chose the GOP primary ballot. Lots of them will, especially if Bernie maintains a big lead. Some of them may vote for DJT but many will come out just to vote against

43. Spencer's Mom says:

About all we can do is pray for a miracle. How did Ronald Reagan do it? He had a lot of opposition, but somehow, he was able to win the public over. Maybe the old models don’t work the way they used to work. Especially with rule changes, etc. within the Republican party.

If only something would happen that could turn the public away from Rubio and Cruz. Both of them could potentially siphon off votes that Trump needs. It’s awfully hard for any candidate to get the 1,237 delegates plus win 8 states outright (a WIN means the candidate get 1 over half the total delegates in that state).

i guess we could hope that Trump wins NH big and SC big too – and then could run the table.

• I think Trump will be in a much better position after winning New Hampshire. Hopefully, Rubio won’t be too close so we don’t have to hear about his amazing “surge” anymore. The Iowa dirty tricks against Carson can be used to shame Cruz in South Carolina. So hopefully that combined with a post New Hampshire bump will be enough to help Trump win South Carolina. It’s winner take all delegates. So it is a very nice prize. If he can pull that off (NH, and SC wins), then I think he will have a lot of momentum going into Nevada and Super Tuesday.

44. Sandra says:

I think it’s interesting to look back at prior GOP primaries and compare actual results to polls. Here are the polls for New Hampshire in 2008 and 2012.

2008: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_primary-193.html#polls
    2012: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-1581.html#polls

45. karenkln says:

Does anyone know if microsoft(marcosoft) is counting the votes in all the states or was that just for Iowa?

46. Finalage says:

Trump took a hit because of IA loss. The GOPe tally (Rubio-Bush-Kasich-Christie) is bigger than Trump-Cruz for the 1st time. The intramural battle between Trump and Cruz is strengthening the GOPe side. That side will consolidate after NH and winnow down to Rubio-Bush. The race will essentially be Trump-Cruz vs Rubio-Bush after SC. The finalist after SEC hopefully will be Trump vs Rubio. Trump has a Northeast firewall and it begins in NH.

As much as we dislike Cruz and his tactics, IA in the grand scheme of things is not a major victory. We should not lose focus on GOPe.

47. DaveNY says:

A close poll will make Trump work harder.