United We Stand – ‘Merica

AmericanEagle_34Volgarian8301 asks:  “I’m curious about something from the folks who have been here through previous elections. I have only been in the Treehouse a little over a year, so I have not experienced an election with a group like this.

How does the level of excitement, (or in my case nerves) compare with previous elections. Were you guys this excited and sure of the candidate in previous years? It feels like Christmas Eve when I was a child, like it will never get here, and the expectations…oh my!!

I never followed politics until this election and I have learned so much from this site. With that said, however, I’m going from anxious to elated, from completely sure to letting doubt creep in. We can’t get this one wrong!!

Just would like some insight on the feel of this year in comparison to past elections, from the members who have been here longer than I have.”...

This provides a great opportunity to jump into a great conversation, because there is actually a comparable.

The date was December 23rd 2009, the time was 1:38am Eastern; the place was Washington DC, the event was a Democrat controlled Senate voting to pass Obamacare – the fundamental transformation of the U.S. Healthcare System; 60-yea, 40 nay.  All sixty Democrats voting yea, all forty Republicans voting nay.

Harry Reid give us the fingerIn the weeks leading up to the vote the entire Senate was sequestered and held in session by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.   Reid knew if he allowed the Senate to go home for Christmas without a vote, the constituents would eviscerate the Senators for the duplicitous unconstitutional machinations which were well known outside the DC Beltway.

“The Corn-husker Kickback” (Ben Nelson), “The Louisiana Purchase” (Mary Landrieu), “The GatorAid deal” (Bill Nelson)….

…. all manipulative political schemes and vote purchases within the larger bill ObamaCare.  If the Senators went home without a vote, there was little hope it would ever pass.  So Reid kept the senate in session against their will and, more importantly, against the will of the people.

On December 26th 2009 Sean Hannity had a little known senate candidate on his show named Scott Brown from Massachusetts.  Brown was trying to win the open seat of recently deceased Ted Kennedy.  Brown said if he could win the election he would stand as the 41st vote against ObamaCare.  He gave out the address of his website on air.

Within HOURS hundreds, then thousands, then tens-of-thousands, then hundreds-of-thousands, recognized this was a possible way to stop the usurpers in DC who were defying the will of 72% of the electorate.

Grassroots Americans began scrambling to reach out via phones, emails, websites, etc.  Links to Scott Brown’s social media were shared, donations were sent, and thousands of Americans stopped everything they were doing to mobilize toward Massachusetts.

The Tea Party grassroots coalition was about a year old and activated their contacts with notifications of Scott Brown’s opportunity.  The Democrats were caught completely off guard and flat footed.  The election was January 19th 2010, and Scott Brown won the biggest U.S. election upset in modern history.

2010_01-19-can-you-hear-us-nowscott brown he did it

The energy today, within the movement that is the Trump campaign, is very similar to the energy in those months which led to the Scott Brown victory.

The 2009/10 assembly of patriotic Americans was similarly invisible to the professional political class and media as it is today in 2016 with Donald Trump.  Ordinary, generally non-political and comfortably invisible Americans, rising up to respond to an urgent need.

When Americans are pushed too far, we respond to the challenge.

Almost no-one in 2009 supported Scott Brown because they saw him as a harbinger of all that are conservative or in alignment with their own personal political perspectives.  Most saw Brown as a necessary candidate to get an urgent need corrected – a worthy endeavor.

There is a deliberate and common-sense instinct within Americans that activates when needed.

An “in-the-event-of-crisis-break-glass” sensibility, if you will….

…..A return to competence !

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

380 Responses to United We Stand – ‘Merica

1. ZurichMike says:

How excited am I? How is this different from other elections?

I rush to my computer before I make coffee in the morning in case some amazing story broke during the night about Trump.

I (now very calmly) explain to European know-it-alls that Trump doesn’t need to appeal to them, but to Americans.

I have been asked by some Europeans to get me Trump hats and bumper stickers when I go home on business trips.

I have heard some Europeans say “We need someone like Trump in Europe.”

I held my nose to vote for McCain, and tried to prop up his campaign and make excuses for his inability to attack Obama. I was secretly glad Palin was on board to bring in voters who otherwise would have stayed home.

I sighed with resignation and voted for Mitt “Nice Guy” Romney and Paul Ryan thinking “Well, OK, they are polite and photogenic and will be good for America and stay the course.” But they had no fire, no political killer instinct, no vision.

I have been a nervouse wreck (in a good way) about Donald J. Trump — worrying all the time whether a non-politician could weather the storms of political intrique, baiting and bashing, “gotcha” journalism, debate ambushes, entrenched GOPe political whores and their powerful paymasters behind the curtains, and the sneering disdain of the politically correct, morally vacuous, seld-centered, islamonazi approving, Christina-hating, Jew-hating, anti-American forces arrayed inside and outside the US.

And with the disinfecting light of a gazillion exploding supernovas, Donald J. Trump has upended the entire poltical-media-monied-globalist applecart. The ENTIRE applecart: the people, personal interests, egos, hidden agendas, and anti-Americanism — all have been exposed and are flailing in the light of truth and writhing in agony that their plans are being exposed.

My “hedging” worries are gone — the singular event allaying all of my concerns was Trump saying “I am not doing the debate” and later saying “If I can’t stick up for myself, how could you expect me to stick up for the United States.” I was whooping and applauding when I read he was not going on FOX. Finally, a man who stands up and is unafraid to rally for America and Americans first.

I have never, EVER been this excited about a presidenital race, and I am old enough to have voted in such since 1980. Godspeed, Mr. Trump. Make America Great Again!

• Cetera says:

Hear hear!

I’ve just printed out some materials to put in my truck’s window. It is time to start showing the flag, as it were.

• coldsnap says:

OK, OK!! I was about to relax for the night (was almost too excited, but was about there). Then, YOU, and your beautiful love note to gate-bashing Vulgarians everywhere, made me wonder how I could even think of sleep. Now, here I sit typing a one-handed thank you note to you. (Sorry, popcorn in the other… it feels like a PARTY!!) THANK YOU!!!

• ZurichMike says:

Blushing . . . .

• coldsnap says:

Easy now, your soft underbelly’s showin’! ; )

(And, yes… I’m STILL here!! BUT, almost outta popcorn! No worries, it’ll soon be time for BACON!!!! WOOHOO!! After that, I’ll be ready to saddle up and ride into the fray with ya!!) haha

• shallbe4 says:

What happened. The votes were up on the screen for a long time but it was clear the votes hadn’t been finished counting. A sign saying the Vote Counter was out of service.. All of a Sudden 15 minutes later I see where Cruz took credit for the victory or actually gave credit to God. Were the rest of the votes ever counted? The votes were lost in some 90 precincts in the Dem caucus but what happened with the Republicans?

• chrystalia99 says:

ROFLMAO–MEE TOOOO! I haven’t been to sleep in 40 hours, and am staying up for Iowa. Working in 10 minute spurts, and can’t wait to came back and see if anything new has come in–checking other sites, talking to people on FB, tweeting manically…

It feels good to have something to fight for, and people to fight with. I swear, if one more so-called “conservative” lights into me, and says they don’t have “time to waste” on the election, they’re too busy working to support SLACKERS LIKE ME (yeah, right.Wouldn’t they love to know what independence AND income is like), I may lose my temper. But then I remember–if they’re busy kvetching online and working–then they don’t have time to CRUZ :-).

• GracieD says:

Very well said ZM! You have hit the nail on the head, especially where McCain and Romney are concerned.

• What an odd question. McCain, Romney, and “excitement” don’t belong in the same sentence.

I dragged myself to the precinct to vote for both of these guys. Now, I’ll be first in line to vote for Trump.

And Yes, I was excited when Scott Brown was elected. Fooled again.

• TheFenian says:

ZurichMike that is an outstandingly well stated comment. I myself am rarely in a situation where I can find voluminous words to add, but this time I have nothing. You’ve said it all and I applaud you.

• Danny says:

Well said Sir!

I too have never been even close to this excited re: a Presidential Election.  I've been voting in every one of them since 1992.  The momentum Donald Trump's campaign has gathered, had me standing and cheering during his rally for Vets in Des Moines.  I have sent my wife to 2 of his rallies in Iowa, and my daughter to 3.  I work in another state and have NOT attended one yet.
         I have watched my 20 year old daughter embrace the Trump campaign with a sense of patriotism and love of her country that has me beaming with pride.  My entire family is excited and engaged.
         Today, my daughter will #CaucusforTrump in her first ever foray into the political process.  God Bless America.  God Bless Mr. Trump.

• rajabear1 says:

Awesome ZM! Well stated! But the real test of how you really feel is….would you give up a week of bacon to have Trump as our President? Hmmmmm
      I love hearing how people around the world think about Mr Trump. Thanks!

• ZurichMike says:

I would forego all bacon for the rest of my life to have Donald J. Trump as President and effectively telling the inefficient, anti-American, career desk jockeys at useless Departments — “You’re fired!”

• Southern Son says:

I’ll be glad when it’s over Mike. You rushing to computer before making coffee, explains why our Bacon has been late each am. Me too on excitement. My first vote was Renaldo Maximus also. I’m more excited this time.
      But obamao reelection still leaves me Anxious. Come on America, let’s shut down the Marxist for good.
      Trump 2016. It’s on, like a chicken bone.
      Let’s ROLL!!

2. Blaze says:

Not related but I can’t believe the lack of coverage taken place in Oregon. We had one journalist arrested and the place is locked down with Feds, armored vehicle such as 5 MRAPS and Bearcats. They keep directed the media to the sheriff and the alternative media guys getting the other side of the story are getting arrested. I can’t even believe no one is noticing this. Please Burns needs our help!! there is a story to get out!!!

3. yohio says:

Reagan being elected was an amazing thing for me to see, he ended up being an unapologetic patriot for our country. I think Trump can be the same or better, the problem is the stakes are so much higher. That’s why I think things seem big and every move he pulls bigger. I have seen alot in my many years but if Trump pulls this off with all our help it will probably be remembered as the election that saved a nation. We are on the brink of a civil war, which IMO has been set up by the Bushes/Clintons and put into mach overdrive by the Muslin in chief. If not Trump it’s over the cliff with no return. My question is how far will Obama & the elites push us, are they ready for a revolution? Sundance has been so right its the NWO globalists who belong to a party of one with lots of money, against a new unapologetic patriot named Trump who is self funding and the vulgarian uprising of we the people. Who will win I don’t know, but if history is any indication those in power always fall, when the people finally awaken and say enough is enough!

• Gail Combs says:

I have been warning for a while now that Obummer has set us up for the Urban War.
      This is an analysis of what is happening in Europe and I added my analysis of the set up here in the USA in the bottom comments link

JefID over at the Air Vent looks at it from the point of view of an engineer.

Finally Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, the executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, point blank told Congress:

“Natural EMP from a geomagnetic super-storm like the 1859 Carrington Event or the 1921 Railroad Storm, a nuclear EMP attack from terrorists or rogue states as practiced by North Korea during the nuclear crisis of 2013 are both existential threats that could kill 9 of 10 Americans through starvation, disease, and societal collapse.”

Shutting down our electric grid will do the same. No electric, no gas pumps, no food transported into the big cities. On top of that is the stockpiling of Ammo and weapons by the different US bureaucracies. (Why does the USDA and Dept of Education need guns?) and the February 2008 agreement that Canadian military could be used in the USA in the time of a ‘Crisis’

Look at the 1965 NYC electric outage and compare it to the 1977 blackout and notice the elite set up the same social dynamics as in 1977.

• Gail Combs says:

The current set-up by the elite is shown in the stark contrast between the Great Northeast Blackout of 1965, where people faced the problem calmly and the 1977 Blackout during a troubled times in New York City where NYC exploded into violence. This is why I think the elite set-up our inner cities as bombs just waiting to go off.

In 1977 there were
      * 1,809 stores damaged in looting, rioting and fire, 2778 fires of which 60 were major.
      * 2,931 arrests, two civilian deaths,
      * injuries sustained by 436 policemen, 204 civilians and 80 firemen.
      * Comparison of the two blackouts:
      (wwwDOT)ferc.gov/industries/electric/indus-act/reliability/blackout/impact-77.pdf

Duke Energy ‘loaned’ Obama money for his campaign and forgave the loan.
      Duke Energy is destroying the Coal plants it shuts down so they can not be turned back on
      Duke Energy is the largest electric power company in the US is centered on the East Coast.
      Duke Energy was created as a new company in 1997, two years after WTO was ratified.
      Duke Energy president is a rah,rah green energy fan replacing coal with wind and solar.

Coal plant Retirements will shutter over one-fifth of the U.S.’s coal-fired generating capacity with most of that lost capacity on the east coast. The EPA ‘model said 16.3 GW of electricity capacity would close when reality shows a total of more than 72 GW of generation are closing and that was as of a couple years ago.

If you look at the map of the coal plants shutting down (as of 8/2012) most are in the Duke Energy territory.

Night view of the USA

There is another piece to this. Installation of EPA mandated equipment will take nearly half of the remaining coal-fired units off line for the next three years. The new equipment takes a year and a half to install and the window allowed for installation is three years.

4. chrystalia99 says:

This may sound strange–but it feels like Viet Nam. 1972, Nixon/Mc Govern. My election memory is atypical. But it is the essence of my need to fight. So it is important, here.

All of us have reasons to fight, and this is mine.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and MLK and RFK were still open wounds, I was allowed to watch very little TV– only 2 hours a week of “fun” TV, other than that I could watch 2 documentaries or art events on PBS, and the news. Additional TV time could be rented–10 cents for an hour of educational stuff–or 1.00 an hour for “fun”. Needless to say, I stuck to reading.

My father often told WW2 stories, or watched war documentaries. And Walter Cronkite lived in our living room in the morning, Harry Reasoner at 6 p.m., David Brinkley at bedtime. And for several years, even after I went straight from kindergarten to 2nd grade, I genuinely didn’t realize that the war I saw on TV was REAL and not some documentary. I was reading Nancy drew books, and in second grade at 5 years old, and I really didn’t connect what I read in the paper and saw on the news with a WAR. How odd is that?

From the earliest age, my father and my grandmother always took me with them on 2 trips to do IMPORTANT THINGS. One to the IRS, where we stood in line for hours on April 14th, and my father paid with cash–and one on VOTING DAY.

i grew up from the time I could read being told that my uncle Ben had died at Casino, so I could vote–and that because I was a girl and might get foolish, I MUST ALWAYS CHOOSE WISELY. That was my grandmother, BTW, NOT my father.

And that in order for soldiers like my Uncle Ben, my uncle Bob, and my father to have uniforms, and guns, and bullets we had to pay our taxes, honestly. because every dollar a cheat stole from the IRS, stole 5 bullets from a soldier.

And when the election season came, the TV was on ALL the time, leading up to THE DAY. when election material arrived, my father discussed every single proposed law or bond. We read all the Boston news, and the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal–no doctor seuss once I got in school.

And my father would yell at the TV during debates, while I held the rabbit ears just right. He would swear at the paper, and all through the spring of 1972, he swore up down and sideways that that pusillanimous PISSANT, the pickle nosed PORKER, was killing good boys. And I still didn’t GET IT.

And he’d vote Mc Govern. That was it. He WOULD DO IT, HE’D VOTE MC GOVERN. And I still didn’t get it, until one warm early summer day. We were coming down the steps of Copley Library, and I saw a REAL SOLDIER.
    He was in a wheel chair.

And he had no legs.

I was confused–how do you fight without legs? And there was a group of ‘FILTHY LONG HAIRED HIPPIE COMMIES” Waving signs.

And this really pretty girl, in such a pretty dress, walked up to that soldier, smiling–then she spit in his face.

She called him a baby killer. And he was my son’s age, now, probably 25, and he looked like an old man.

Well my father–who in that long ago year was 47 years old— decked that laughing girl, a full on right to the jaw. And when her friends tried to jump him, some other passers by got involved, then a mounted policeman showed up–and when he heard what had happened, he called the paddy wagon and held them at gunpoint until it arrived, with my father and other older men standing guard, and the wagon hauled the hippies off, screaming.

And I still remember my father kneeling in front of that sobbing kid, wiping his face and telling him to man up, that once we got Mc Govern in office, we could save what was left of America.

And when the whole thing was over, my father grabbed my hand, and he brought me to that soldier. And he asked if I could feel his stumps, and he said yes. My father took my hands, and placed them on those stumps–and he said that the country was dying around us, when any American would spit on a soldier who was just doing his DUTY.

He said THIS IS WHAT WAR MEANS. AND THIS IS WHY YOU VOTE, AND YOU VOTE THE FACTS, AND YOU NEVER EVER EVER SKIP A SINGLE VOTE. BECAUSE THIS BOY WENT TO SOME STINKING SHITHOLE AND LOST HIS LEGS SO YOU COULD VOTE, AND PAY TAXES, AND SERVE ON JURIES.

And when election day came, we were shivering in the cold, pre-dawn, before my father went to work, and for the first time in his life, he voted DEMOCRAT.

Because he believed Nixon was destroying our nation, was a crook, was unconstitutional, and was murdering good boys. That Nixon was running us into debt, and we’d never again be free. That Nixon was running congress around, and acting like a king….

He knew Mc Govern was not much better, if at all. He knew that the Democrats would walk away from their word to the Vietnamese, and he knew boys would keep dying in stinking shitholes.

But he told me, three years later when I watched those choppers rising off the embassy roof and cried, THAT WE STILL NEEDED TO VOTE. And never take our eyes off those damned kleptocrats (yes, that’s where I got the word) for one minute–because a day would come when we’d only have one chance left, and I had to train myself for that day–sharpen my mind, keep myself informed, learn every skill I could.

And when we had gotten home that day, the day my childhood essentially ended, he made me sit down and write what he had said to me in front of that soldier. 100 times.

He told me about how his father had taken him to the veterans home one day when he was about my age, and showed him his buddies from WW1–and my father had looked on those shattered men and had touched them and had learned the same thing he taught me–with one addition.

That His didn’t end with serving on juries–his ended with AND WHEN YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, YOU WILL SERVE.
    AND IF THERE IS NO WAR, YOU WILL STILL BE PREPARED TO SERVE.
    BECAUSE YOU, AS A MAN, CARRY THE BURDEN OF OUR LIBERTY.
    A MAN CARRIES THE BURDEN OF LIBERTY, TO PROTECT THE WOMEN, WHO CARRY HOPE, AND POSTERITY.

I still have a piece of paper in my memory box. It’s old, and yellowed, and the pencil marks are faded, but I don’t need it. Those words are etched on my mind, and in my heart.

The last time he voted was when he was here in Tucson, at the VA hospice, and election day, a “lousy second rate actor” was running–a goofy looking guy named REAGAN. And he weighed probably 90 pounds, the cancer had eaten right through him, but he threw a fit and said he wasn’t doing any mail in–he was going to the polls.

He was deeply suspicious of mail in, always said only soldiers overseas should get them. All summer running up to THE DAY, he was trying to stay awake, croaking at the TV, swearing he’d vote DEMOCRAT before he voted for that second rate actor.

And I took him to the polls one last time, to vote for the second rate actor :-). Because Reagan grew on him.

And every day the last 6 months of his life, I took my boys, 5 and 6, to the hospice, and he talked to them. Told them his stories, over and over. Assigned reading to them, told them it was every man’s duty to serve, and serve honorably. AND TO VOTE. VOTE AS IF EVERY ELECTION WAS THE LAST ONE.

Not long before he died, he took my sons around the hospice unit, and into the main hospital, and introduced them to the friends he had made. And he taught them what his father had taught him, and made them write it down 100 times. And he banished me to the patio for a half hour or so every day, so he could talk “between men” with my sons.

I don’t know to this day what he taught them–it was between men. Yes, that sounds horribly old fashioned–but I am. I grew up in a family of old fashioned men, and strong, intelligent, old fashioned women. But I do know this. Both of them always save at least 10% of their pay. Both of them studied hard, treat women with courtesy and respect. Both of them enlisted in the Army as soon as they were old enough–And both of them vote. In every election. And pay their taxes. And report for Jury duty.

So that is my election memory–my hands on those stumps, knowing that my view of the world would never be the same again. That there was a fundamental difference between me and other children, beyond my intellect.

Knowing that if I EVER compromised my vote, if I EVER skipped voting, if I EVER failed to educate myself on my choices of kleptocrat, it would be the same as spitting in that soldier’s face.

The same as not paying my taxes honestly, and maybe costing a boy like my son, in some stinking shithole, the bullet that would have saved his life.

If I EVER shirked Jury duty–I’m pretty sure the world would end. I’ve never had the guts to find out, even when it came at the worst possible time, even when I was sure it wasn’t worth it.

And now, the last chance is here–and I hope I’m ready. I hope we all are.

• tappin52 says:

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful story. I’m crying, thanks for sharing.

• chrystalia99 says:

You’re welcome. :-). BTW–My father always spoke in Capital letters. Not shouting–he made PRONOUNCEMENTS.

• Gail Combs says:

We called ‘Command tone’ and use it when we train our animals.

I also had tears.

• chrystalia99 says:

He was one of those people who decided within 2 minutes of meeting someone whether they were worthy of conversation, and if you didn’t pass “the test”–he wouldn’t talk to you unless absolutely necessary.

Paradoxically, that earned his a LOT of respect as the strong, silent type, and people really did pay much more attention when he did speak.

It was interesting, because nobody ever got the point–he was an elitist, crabby, intellectual snob LOL.

He had his faults, but his few virtues outweighed them…There were times when I really detested that man, but now I thank him for making life miserable on more than one occasion.

I have seen a whole lot of people from my generation and subsequent ones who were allowed to “be children”–and most of them didn’t turn out all that great.

• That was beautiful, I’m in tears. Thank you.

• TwoLaine says:

This is exactly why I have been confident since the beginning that TRUMP could win easily, and I’ve said this before here. “They” think that TRUMP mostly attracted old white men and that there weren’t that many of them left. The problem for “them” is that the Real Patriots of this country taught their children well. And their grand and great grandchildren. Those lessons have been passed on, and when the old codger Patriots die off, we are still here passing down those lessons. IT WILL NOT DIE because we die. It will go on, with our children and grandchildren, as long as we continue teaching these lessons.

And it’s not just a white thing, Patriots come in every color of the rainbow. They are also immigrants who worked hard to come here the right way. People who were proud to learn the language, become American, who embraced and respected and fought for America. Many of these people and their families are fighting for TRUMP.

It will not die when we die as long as we fight and pass on the torch.

• chrystalia99 says:

Yes, yes, and YES! My Grandmother always said–likely quoting someone, but she never told me if it was a quote or paraphrase:

Every child is an investment in the future, but we oldsters are just as important–because WE are society’s memory.

• Bruce Fauth says:

Thanks for sharing that and reminding everyone that, yes, you need to vote. My wife’s parents got an official recognition for 50 years of continuous voting in every primary, general and special election. Even when it was just a coroner running unopposed, they went and voted.

• chrystalia99 says:

WOW–that is amazing 🙂 50 years of voting! I don’t know if I’ll hit that milestone as I’m getting long in the tooth so to speak, but that would be so cool!

New goal for the bucket list…dang, I think I need a bigger bucket!

• redlegleader68 says:

chrystalia99 Thank you so much for this wonderful history. It so reminds me of my childhood; although, just a little before yours. And, remember at the Vets rally debate night where it was said, “Thank You!” and “Welcome Home!” That’s why I said, Thank You!

• chrystalia99 says:

Yes, I saw that, and it was so good to see…that rally was wonderful, and I got an amazing book because of it. I’ve been reading the book about the Green Beret, and it is very well done–chills down the spine….

Well said!

I was always horrified by the animosity towards Vietnam Veterans. Hubby and I go out of our way to thank our vets and soldiers and not only to thank them but to spend time talking to them.

I do not care whether you think the war is justified or not, that 18 year old boy fighting it didn’t make the decision. If you are angry place the blame on the miserable nasty cowards sitting insulated in the District of Criminals.

My ex-husband was in the military as an officer and we were in Germany just after Vietnam. Never forget that these soldiers are young men, many away from home for the first time in their lives. So for Christmas I made a stocking for each of the men under his command. I filled it with candy and funny toys to be hung on their doors Christmas Eve. On Easter I boiled up and colored dozens and dozens of eggs and bought brightly colored foil wrapped chocolate eggs. During the night those were placed around the barracks and then early the next morning Hubby commanded the entire crew ‘police the grounds’ picking up ‘trash’ There was much grumbling until the first egg was found.

• chrystalia99 says:

That is so cool–when my boys went through basic at Benning, we sent them care packages every week. 4 large bags of Kettle Corn (we make the best, LOL), carefully packed with COTTONELLE t.p. in tiny, hand made rolls sealed in Ziplocks.

Why T.P.? well it turned out that the underground economy for snacks and things at Benning was based on toilet paper, by the square LOL.

And all their battle buddies loved the kettle corn, too….

• That was powerful…I’m not sure why my eyes are so blurry right now.

• ginaswo says:

God Bless you, your Dad and your sons

America will prevail because of Americans like you your Dad and your sons

• chrystalia99 says:

America will prevail because of every person here. We all got here at just the right time, each through our own set of circumstances.

Everyone is just one piece of the American jig saw puzzle–but you can’t finish a jigsaw puzzle without that one missing piece, you can only keep working on it :-).

• God Bless you, dear, for sharing your story and your father for inspiring it.

You have brought my frame of reference as a Patriot to a completely new level.

• chrystalia99 says:

You’re very welcome. My father in many respects was a crusty old coot, but he was never wrong about the fundamental things that make life important.

And the older I get, the more I decide he was probably the wisest person I knew, other than my 2 grandmothers 🙂

• Milene says:

This is why I LOVE America. Thank you for such an inspiring story. Your father was a great man!

• chrystalia99 says:

In some ways, I have come to believe he WAS a “great” man, as I’ve aged. I only wish I had seen it more clearly when I was younger sigh.

It’s a big part of why I love America also 🙂

• Wonderful story chrystalia99. I could feel your blood pressure rising as you wrote it. Thank you.

• chrystalia99 says:

You’re welcome, Georgia. It’s amazing, isn’t it, how those old slices of life that made us who we are can be even more meaningful when you re-examine them as you age?

When that day happened, it was imprinted with a very simple set of emotions–fear, pain, bewilderment…

But over the years, every time I have had the occasion to share that memory with someone, I have seen a different aspect of it that I “missed” the first time around.

Fundamental and formative memories are apparently like formative books–each re-reading is a “new” story.

• Connie says:

Your story brought tears to my eyes. It made meProud to be an American. But we must fight to make it Great again! To many sacrifices already made to lose this now!

Today is the last day to register to vote in Tennessee for this election. I have been on the phone with all my daughters 18 and 9 year old friends making sure they have done this. Some actually made it today. I am reinforcing that they should not be blinded by all the empty promises and Vote Trump so we can really be Proud Americans again!

Yes this website keeps me excited and I am so glad I found it. Everyone here is great. Thanks to Sundance and all of you!

• chrystalia99 says:

GO Tennessee! I’m so glad that you’re getting young people to register. I was horrified when I found out that one of our employees was 24 and had NEVER VOTED!

You better believe I had a stern talk with that young man LOL

• skifflegirl says:

Chrystalia99: I would like to reblog your terrific essay. I want to be able to re-read it because it reminds me of growing up in the sixties and seventies. That was a time when our culture shifted, and not for the better. Your dad sounds a lot like mine. Though I didn’t know my father very well as he died when I was young, he was a strict old fashioned guy who was the air raid warden in our San Francisco neighborhood during WW2.. He was too old to enlist then. I came along during his older years and he was never too tired to spend time with me playing or watching wrestling on the old black and white. Just like our patriotism was black and white back then. You were expected to be on board with America and do your duty. Like Trump says, there’s no spirit in the country today coming from the top down and that has created a wishy washy girly man culture for men and women.

• skifflegirl, this is my memory of the “black and white patriotism” that you referred to.

I was raised as a nice Southern girl, but I changed my view of black people because of what happened during Vietnam. I saw all of those black men answer the call of duty to a country that had treated them as second-class citizens. And I saw all of those draft-dodger white guys who slinked off to Canada and were only too happy to let the black men take their place and die for their country.

My own mother told me that it was better to send the uneducated people to war instead of losing the ones who would be better for our country. Little did she know that those “better” ones are now the aging hippies who are running this country into the ground.

• skifflegirl says:

You are so right. My attempt at analogy was to illustrate the clear understanding of right and wrong, good and bad, that started to get blurry in the sixties and seventies. But you, once again, take that sentiment, enlarge it and paint another poignant picture. I love the way you paint with words! The people who fought that war were the ones for whom there was no other option, morally, financially or legally. I grew up in the belly of the Liberal beast and the effect it had on me was to turn me around in the opposite direction. As soon as I became a thinking, reasoning, taxpaying adult, I saw the world through the lens of the good that capitalism has done. My dad was not a Democrat/Liberal and died before the big cultural shift in the seventies. He taught barber college (yes, it was a college! Molar Barber College) and made a point of recruiting Black students before it was mandated by government through Affirmative Action. He did it because it was the right thing to do, something he wanted to do to help those who needed it and who wanted to work for it. This was back in the fifties and sixties. I wish I had known him as well as you knew your dad. 🙂

• skifflegirl says:

georgiafortrump: I responded to you thinking you were Chrystaliaa99 and I apologize. I have a little trouble figuring out who is responding to whom here on CTH and reading the notifications on WordPress. I’ll get it sooner or later!

I really like your take on black and white, right and wrong. We both overcame the influences of our upbringing. That’s no small feat! My mom and dad were fantastic people but the culture changed and it couldn’t help but influence everything and everybody, especially the young. Sometimes it was good and sometimes it wasn’t.

• chrystalia99 says:

You so got that right! It comes from losing the old values–more accurately having the old values stolen from us by language and societal shifts.

Feel free to share, re-blog, steal what appeals, with or without attribution :-). And if you ever use disqus, you can find my posting history through this screen name, minus the numbers. I keep my profile open so people can go through and grab what they like 🙂

• skifflegirl says:

I always try to attribute because I want to show how my opinions are shaped and how I learn and maybe it will be enlightening to others. I’m usually Skifflegirl, but on disqus I’m Mb Bl. I’ve just posted your wonderful essay on my new WP blog under ‘Reality of My Father’ as opposed to you-know-who’s book title. Thank you, Chrystalia!

• chrystalia99 says:

No Problem :-). I haven’t been using disqus sites the last week or so much, have been here. Used to hang out on BB, but they have gotten so toxic I just couldn’t be comfortable sigh

• skifflegirl says:

I go on BB, presenting my case on why I stopped supporting Ted Cruz. I figured if there was one or two people who started looking a little closer at him, the way that I did, maybe they would be able to switch, too. I don’t argue, just present the things that changed my mind. You’re right, BB has gotten much more anti Trump, especially today with Ben Shapiro mouthing off. Apparently, Shapiro doesn’t realize who he’s dealing with @TheLastRefuge2!

• Rev21v3n4 says:

Tears…thank you…so much. You learned the hard and the right way. It is why we are voting Trump because we want this type of unwavering, unflagging commitment to our country, our honor and our principles restored.

• chrystalia99 says:

Yep–love Trump or hate him, it doesn’t matter–because we NEED him, just as we needed the second rate actor ;-).

And you know, the old man was right about that too!

I found an old Reagan movie on Amazon recently, one of his “military” ones, and watched it–and he really was a second rate actor LOL.

• Rev21v3n4 says:

Lol! Yes, he was. I knew him as governor of California first, so I already knew he’d be a first rate prez. 🙂

• Rev21v3n4 says:

I should add one more comment: my sister worked for the State of CA until she retired in December. She had a picture of Reagan up at her desk and her boss (a flaming liberal) said it was offensive and she made her take it down. If that had been me, it would have NEVER happened. I would have said, “He was our governor and president. That is NOT offensive.” Sometimes you have to take a stand regardless of how the chips fall. I’ve done that a couple times over my working career against rampant liberalism and would have been willing to lose my job. Didn’t happen, though–amazingly, they respected me for taking a polite, but firm stand. Anyway, blessings to you and yours!

• chrystalia99 says:

Yep–never give up, never back down. I’m allergic to “real” jobs, personally. I literally can’t remember the last time I had one at the moment!

Blessings to you are yours as well!

• OneWingedShark says:

Very powerful story.
      Thank you for sharing.

• Mordecai Gallows says:

Thank you, Chrystalia. You are the epitome of America.

Great values! Great family! Great writing! Great story!

Quite captivating, though I struggled to make it through the whole thing. I’m fighting some rare medical condition of massive precipitous brine in the ocular region.
      OR, it could be a flashback to cutting way too many onions last night for taco soup today, I just don’t know.
      It couldn’t just be a love of our country, could it… ???

YES, WE ARE READY !!!

The sleeping giant is now wide awake and striding to Washington DC to scatter the vermin.
      We want our government of, by and for the people BACK.
      The ‘TRUMPENATOR’ is leading the march!

One word for the naysayers – LANDSLIDE !!!

• skifflegirl says:

Mordecai Gallows: he he he, your eyes were leaking. 🙂

• chrystalia99 says:

I think the most likely cause of that sudden onset ocular brinitis just might have something to do with standing on the edge of dawn in America…

The treehouse is our henge. The pillars and lintels aren’t stone, quarried by man.

They are ideas, values, morals and beliefs carved by faith and the life experiences that have made each of us uniquely suited to summon the dawn, together.

We all arrived here through different paths, and we are all of the treehouse tribe, dedicated to bringing a new dawn, and a new day, to this republic.

We stand, like the druids of old, like the Templar knights, like the roman legionaries, in this fragile last moment before the dawn of something new.

We can see the sky lightening, and intellectually, we KNOW the sun will come up–because it always has.

In every society and civilization, there are dark ages. But they always end.

Even so, there is trepidation–will this be the time when the sun doesn’t return?

I don’t think so, myself. I believe we were drawn to this henge, at this time, so we can bring the sun back.

And we have, if we can win through the opposition’s best efforts, the leader we need for this moment :-).

TRUMP–2016

• rajabear1 says:

Was gonna skip this because it looked so long so I could scan the rest of the posts on this very exciting day. I am sooo glad I didn’t! Amazing story and so beautifully written.
      You are very fortunate to have had such a man as your father.
      Who the heck is chopping onions in here?!?!

• chrystalia99 says:

Nobody is chopping onions–your home has been invaded by onionus inivibilis, the feral invisible onions.

They hunt in packs, and one probably got injured while invading the premises.

Don’t worry, their wounds heal quickly ;-).

BTW–brevity is the soul of wit.

While I am an excellent writer (do it for a living)–I’m witless. I’m beyond witless–if wit was on a number line, my wit quotient would be around -73…

😉

5. NJF says:

So many great experiences shared here at CTH. I lurked for quite awhile, but became an active poster as soon as the dialogue began in earnest here at the treehouse.

I am in my early 50s, and sadly until now I was an apathetic voter. My first vote was for Reagan’s 2nd term, yet at the time I didn’t fully realize what a maverick he was. I never had been involved in the primary process, and only now unserstand how critical it is to be involved in that process.

My worldview about politics became much more nationalist after 9/11. It effected my family personally, and I will never forget the fear that gripped me that day, nor the rage I felt toward those who wish to terrorize this country.

I watched Mr. Trump announce his presidency last June, and I thought, my God someone actually gets it. As a New Yorker I feel as if I’ve “grown up” up alongside The Donald. I’ve witnessed first hand his shaping of the NYC skyline, as well as his many other positive endeavors for the city. “Make America Great Again,” resonated with my in a very big way.

I didn’t vote for Obama simply b/c I’ve always pulled the R lever. From the very beginning of his presidency I have disagreed with his policies. It became appallingly obvious very early on that anyone who didn’t agree with Obama would be labled a racist. This angered me on a personal level. Furthermore, I watched this tactic being perpetuated by the MSM and the left which effectively neutered any and all republican opposition to his policies.

I couldn’t believe how easily this stifled the way our government is supposed to be run, as the country became more and more controlled by PC intimidation However, his reelection revealed a more serious problem. Shockingly, despite pulling that damn R lever like a good little soldier, it became apparent that Congress wasn’t just ineffective, they weren’t even trying.

When Trump entered the race, vowing to put america’s interests first I knew he as our only hope. When the media began their attack I finally understood how fully complicit they were in creating the crisis facing our country.

I too am excited in ways I’ve never been before during any previous election cycle. Mostly I’m optimistic at what Trump can achieve, yet I also worry that this opportunity may be stolen from us if the establishment, and the globalist elites get their way. He’s taken them all on, and I love him for it.

This place is a haven against that worry. Thank you all, especially Sundance and all the moderators. Thank also you to all my fellow vulgarians as we fight to get this country back on track.

#Trump2016

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• NJF, I saw a new word on Breitbart yesterday: ENEMEDIA

It took me awhile to get it, but Enemy and Media are one in the same. Trump has exposed their lies and deceit of only telling us their side of the story.

They have been brainwashing the American people for too long.
      Trump asap!

6. I was excited when Scott won the seat and if I remember correctly I sent him a donation. Not exactly sure what Trumps fix for Obamacare is but I do believe he will listen to the people and gage what they want then try to execute it. Every election I get excited about someone and they falter thanks to the RNC throwing $ and smears at them. This time, I don’t think they’ll win as he’s throwing out all the rules and making up his own. Thing of beauty, just a complete picture of justice in action.

7. WeThePeople2016 says:

Brown was an amazing win in a short period of time. He filled a definite need at the time. We really didn’t get to know him too well because it happened so quickly. With Trump, however, it is different. He has been in the public eye for decades. We have watched in awe of all of his accomplishments all of these years. He is no stranger. People genuinely like Trump. Yes, we need him now more than ever, but there is also a deep admiration and respect for him as well. We see a fighter for us and the country and we want to return the love and passion he gives by supporting him in any way possible.

8. Dick A says:

What concerns me is the apathy of so many folks I visit with here in Eastern Washington. Maybe that will change as things move on. I did visit with my daughter who works in elections in Eastern Oregon and voter registrations are up.

• Kay Elle says:

It’s definitely not easy to be a Republican in Washington state. Eastern or Western. I moved here (near Seattle) a little over ten years ago from the “reddest” part of Idaho. It was definitely culture shock. ; I can imagine that Eastern Washingtonians get damned discouraged since no matter how many turn out in the rest of the state – in the attempt to elect a Republican governor, for example – what liberal Seattlites want, they get. Even if they have to “find” a whole box of ballots in the trunk of some poll worker’s car to come up with enough votes in the third recount. Yeah, that happened here.

• YoJoLo says:

Yeah I live a little outside of Gig Harbor WA and it is difficult being a Republican. At the infusion clinic where I work at least all the nurses I work with are on a scale from very socially conservative to mildly socially conservative. Don’t talk about politics very much but if I had to guess I would say three would be for Cruz because they’re really religious and three of us for Trump. I think if Cruz loses the nomination that two out of the three Cruz supporters would vote for Trump. Other than at work I don’t dare tell anyone I’m voting for Trump because I’m liable to get my car keyed. Lots of Obama stickers on cars from 2012 on cars around here. It’s hard. YUGE Trump fan. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about an election and I’m 61 years old!!! I can’t sleep I’m so nervous and I took a sleeping pill a little while ago. I so hope things turn out the way we’re all praying for.

• tz says:

My employer’s home office is in Seattle WA. I fixed a YUGE problem so they let me work from home – in Wyoming. I feel like an escaped slave that had made it to Canada.
          The east/west division in WA and OR is legendary. the eastern halves are part of “the American Redoubt”.
          But even the eastern side has its evils – the cops and cities, Spokane is Seattle but smaller and it leaks over the border to Coeur dAlene.
          Wyoming? There a few, small blue pimples on the map. Elsewhere it’s guns, God, and family.
          I pray that Trump makes America safe for Christians again, not illegals and islamists. it starts today

9. JaneFL says:

My greatest concern is that now that we have a perfect candidate, vote tampering will prevent Donald Trump’s election. It has been suggested that the machines themselves need to be designed better, to avoid hacking.

DRUDGE reports that a Microsoft app will count the Iowa votes. Now what could possibly go wrong

• dogsmaw says:

I would say Microsoft is putting their reputation on the line offering services to both parties free, and also trying to enter new territory that will have to meet certain standards in elections going forward.

• shirley49 says:

The difference with the Microsoft machines is that you can actually see who you voted for and track it. Lets hope they work.

• sDee says:

I do not know how to post url links here at the Treehouse but there is more to be found on the electronic vote rigging…… Google this:

Will the 2016 Primaries Be Electronically Rigged? truthout

10. ssupsky says:

It is my impression that Mr. Trump has been molded to be exactly what we need as Americans and at the perfect time.

God bless Mr. Trump.

• KitKat says:

That is how I see it as well.

• tz says:

We get whom we deserve. We were asleep and passive, we let the establishment take over. It took 8 years of Obama.
      We could have had 4 years of Ron Paul (as honest, new ideas) and the constitution being restored. But he wasn’t a warmonger, he wasn’t for my big government subsidy… We got Romneycare.
      Now we need something stronger.
      And it is going to be terrible – when the market collapses, our debt comes due, and the other things Obama has done like illegals – if you don’t let them in, you don’t have to throw them out.
      I don’t envy Trump. but we need him

• WSB says:

Divine Intervention.

11. dogsmaw says:

We all have memories of a better world than we are experiencing today?
    Do we want to turn the clock back…No, I think not.
    I just want my grandchildren to have good memories when they reach my age.

So Imagine this scenario if you will:

A politician not spending one thin dime of their own earnings to attain an office that really doesn’t pay much…and the cost for the campaign runs amok into the billions.
    After gaining and holding that office on the average, let’s say, bout 10 years. Lo and behold, they are raking in millions (reminder here: just the amount we know about) in income but they didn’t actually receive a raise?

So while you thinkin on this for a bit…Listen Up:

WHO owes their soul to the company store?
    Sometimes politics can do this to ya…

and this

You read headlines:

New Orleans Named 4th Most Dangerous American City, Now More Dangerous Than Cities In Mexico And Brazil
    by John Binder
    January 28

BREAKING: Lee Circle And Other New Orleans Monuments Will Officially Be Removed, Federal Judge Rules
    by John Binder
    January 26

Or we can have this taken care of by someone that doesn’t need to be a politician and cares about this:

From The Mountains, To The Prairies, To The Oceans White With Foam…

• tz says:

That is turning the clock back. Not everything, but were the 1950’s so bad?

• Gail Combs says:

NO! The fifties were not bad at all.

You could leave your door unlocked and not worry about thieves and vandals.

You did not see nasty words spray painted on walls or hear them on TV or radio. You did not hear songs spewing hatred of whites and America.

You did not have to worry that an inner-city drug pusher was hooking your six year old kid on hard drugs. (Happened in my school to a friend’s sister)

You did not have to worry some young predator was talking your 13 year old into becoming his mistress, getting pregnant and going on welfare. (Happened to the daughters, 11 and 13, of a co-worker)

You did not see street people because vagrants were taken to the county home where they were clothed and fed and sheltered and did what work they could so they had a bit of pride left.

You did not see the mentally ill turned out and mental institutions shut down so they could commit crimes and murder and our incarceration rate sky rocket. (And so the Socialists had an excuse to grab our guns and bash our country as ‘bad’.)

Equal pay and equal opportunity is about ALL that is good that has come out of the ‘socialists’ and that was from the REPUBLICANS! The Democrats added women because they thought it would surely sink the bill and keep it from passing. I remember it well because it was the talk of the dinner table when I was a teen.

As for the EPA, it was not needed if the courts would have honored Criminal Trespass laws. Besides that should be handled by the states not the fed. gov’t.

• dogsmaw says:

The 50s were great!!! I led a rather sheltered life up until I went out into the real world…by that time it was all work and no play made this dog’s life boring. Political pranks were from the rascally hippies back then, and it was more revolutionary in nature. I really didn’t have time for that nonsense cause i was raising my boy. So oblivious to the world around me, I just did what everyone else did…provided a home and needs for family…tended to mundane duties

All of a sudden I got the urge to go back and attend university, what a surprise!!! I even had a history professor enlighten me about the antics of one of our founding fathers and was in disbelief that it would be discussed in the classroom. Also found out that poetry wasn’t just beautiful words…had to learn about symbolism, rhythm, etc instead of literature being the reading of a good book. Ugh When I clep my College Algebra on the ACT, I realized that our universities were in deep trouble (you didn’t have to earn the grade…just had to be the smartest in class and set the curve)

Disclaimer: I grew up with that Clinton boy in the same town but shhhh…don’t tell anyone!!!

So we are into the 90s and everything in this country is turned upside down (kinda what that representative thinks about Guam) . I continue to vote every election, but not really keeping an ear to the ground for details.

Somewhere, somehow, ‘who’ knows what happened…and we have completely slid into a government rule of welfare state and no matter what alarms have gone off, no one listens.

Then I saw something very strange…a little blog with a bunch of misfits taking on the state and proving without a doubt they had pebbles in their pocket and and tossing them into the water one at a time….shouting “Do You Hear Me Now?”

12. shallbe4 says:

I’m new to this website but I have never seen such excitement for any election before. I guess its because people have been so angry and the last 7-1/2 years have been so bad for this country. We are so excited that Donald has come along to make us feel great about the country we love.

13. kkdgrace says:

You know- all of those great patriotic songs we used to sing: “America the Beautiful”. “God Bless America” and even Lee Greenwood’s song “God Bless the USA”- I haven’t been able to bring myself to sing them, except with a longing emptiness inside, simply because America is so on track to becoming the antithesis of the words in those songs. With Trump I have a new hope that America can really be great again….and I can go back to singing those songs with a heart swelling with love and pride.

14. chasingfacts says:

You never want stop working and advocating for that leadership that will right the ship, but it seems we are always in the 10th inning with Casey at the bat. Election after election.
    How is this election different to me? (since Eisenhower)
    1. The Oppo research information available and its wider disbursement to the wider public. SD may take many bows for the great contribution this site has made to the fight for the truth of the matter. Even all the other infighting with other sites helps to raise a commotion and attention(us)
    2. The globalists have overplayed their hand with immigration-They raised the fear factor high enough to break into the dim awareness of the busy voters getting snippets of information.
    3. This candidate is a powerhouse; a force this country has needed with ability, experience, maturity, resources, wit- he dazzles. He wows.

15. and has been the story of every “conservative” we pushed for and got elected because of their promises to be a person of the people, Brown decided to go along to get along and promptly lost his next election. People have decided if they are going to be screwed over it might as well be by a Democrat.

16. don welch says:

i know that information here is the truth. i do however, see some of what trump says as unnecessary (although i do understand that you must make a splash to create waves) and it bothers me that some highly visible and respected conservatives (dr. sowell is one) speak out against this candidate. when you don’t have rush or hannity on board ‘usually’ you’re not talking about a conservative. that’s all i have to say for now.

trump2016.

17. Derigitable says:

We’ve never voted in a primary in our lives, but now wild horses couldn’t stop us from participating in this one.

18. runthetable says:

Those previously thought of as rock ribbed conservatives have proven themselves to be blind to what is now demanded by America’s Citizens; Make America Great Again!

19. tz says:

There was an old cartoon line:
    “we’re going to have to do this the hard way”
    2012 had Ron Paul. Played by the party rules, got cheated and disrespected along with his supporters. 2008 they could say ok, lost fairly. 2012 was different – they played dirty. Anger at the establishment.
    In 2014 they had one last chance – defund Obamacare, stop amnesty. Didn’t happen. Threw out Bonior. Ryan threw us under the omnibus – just a month ago! – and Trump voters. are the result.
    25 years, since Bush41, the anger has been building.
    “Conservative” has become a meaningless buzzword.
    Most can remember when America was great. Reagan started fixing things, but the establishment took over. A southern governor beat Bush41 and Sen.Ethanol. Bush43 got us into two quagmires and let the economy rot or bubble for wall street. But some remember.
    We want our country back.
    America. Not France, not a multicultural mush. The America of our fathers’.
    Trump will do that.
    “but the rules! the constitution!” The constitution is as dead as the 57 million babies aborted since Roe. May they all rest in peace. Cruz has not said he would boldly restore the constitution but hope the Senate might confirm his appointments so in a decade the ship might turn around. Trump has said as much – more in that he likes Thomas, hates Cruz’ friend Roberts. Reagan appointed Sandra Day O’Connor – read the Casey decision.
    Only a Great America is worthy of the Constitution.
    Make America Great Again and we will have the Constitution back.
    You can’t heal a crippled America with parchment.
    The unconstitutional wounds aren’t healed by rules and recitations.
    Removing the unlawful sword won’t heal the cuts it has made.
    A Restored, Proud America that has returned to its roots will rediscover the Constitution as part of its greatness.
    We violated the Constitution because we were weak – we thought we weren’t strong enough to solve problems within the Constitution. A weak man cheats, a strong man doesn’t have to.
    That is Trump. We will be healed, become great again, and become small again. Small? Yes. Thin, muscular, and wiry instead of morbidly obese.

• Gail Combs says:

Just to clarifiy. Foreclosuregate was set-up by Clinton and the Rinos in Congress.

Here are the crucial moves:
      1.CDSs, credit default swaps were exempted from regulation in the Commodity Futures Modernization Act in the year 2000.

2.Hank Paulson was the Treasury secretary who engineered the AIG bailout. He worked for Goldman Sachs.

If a bank had the credit default swap insurance policies on a mortgage, especially if they had more than one, it was to their advantage to force foreclosure.
      Obama mortgage program sets up homeowners for defaulting on their mortgage by reducing payments up front before qualification. The bank then stalled making a decision for a year by asking for different paperwork. They then hand homeowners a staggering bill, due in one month when they do not qualify. If the homeowners could meet the bill the banks then refused to name an actual amount due. (First hand experience. Took 6 months and a lawyer to nail bank down, wiping out our entire retirement savings.)

Financiers could bet as much as they want and create as many CDS as they want and ANYONE, not just the bank with the loan, can play.
      “Simply put,” says Parker, “the government bailout of AIG has actually encouraged foreclosures because the taxpayers continue to fill AIG’s coffers with enough cash to pay out insurance on defaulted home loans.”

THE BANKING LAWS:
      The McFadden Act of 1927 or Amendment to the National Banking Laws and the Federal Reserve Act (P.L. 69-639, 44 STAT. 1224): Prohibited interstate banking.

Law: Negating above:
      Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act of 1994
      (P.L. 103-328, 108 STAT. 2338).
      Permits bank holding companies to acquire banks in any state one year Beginning June 1, 1997, allows interstate mergers.

The Glass-Steagall Act or Banking Act of 1933 (P.L. 73-66, 48 STAT. 162): Separated commercial banking from investment banking, establishing them as separate lines of commerce.

Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (P.L. 84-511, 70 STAT. 133): Prohibited bank holding companies headquartered in one state from acquiring a bank in another state.

Law: Negating both of the above laws:
      Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999
      (P.L. 106-102, 113 STAT 1338)
      Repeals last vestiges of the Glass Steagall Act of 1933. Modifies portions of the Bank Holding Company Act to allow affiliations between banks and insurance underwriters. Law creates a new financial holding company authorized to engage in: underwriting and selling insurance and securities, conducting both commercial and merchant banking, investing in and developing real estate and other “complimentary activities.”

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991 (P.L. 102-242, 105 STAT. 2236).
      Also known as FDICIA. FDICIA [b]greatly increased the powers and authority of the FDIC. Major provisions recapitalized the Bank Insurance Fund and [b]allowed the FDIC to strengthen the fund by borrowing from the Treasury.

Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 (P.L. 102-550, 106 STAT. 3672).

RTC Completion Act[/b] (P.L. 103-204, 107 STAT. 2369):
      implement provisions designed to improve the agency’s record in providing business opportunities to minorities and women.. Expands the existing affordable housing programs of the RTC and the FDIC by broadening the potential affordable housing stock of the two agencies.
      Increases the statute of limitations on RTC civil lawsuits. In cases in which the statute of limitations has expired, claims can be revived for fraud and intentional misconduct resulting in unjust enrichment or substantial loss to the thrift.
      (WWWDOT)fdic.gov/regulations/laws/important/index.html

Clinton also sold us out to the World Trade Organization after Globalist Daddy Bush failed and then sold the USA out to the Chinese. LINK

• Gail Combs says:

Do not forget Clinton’s fingerprints all over the 2008 foreclosure mess: Clinton and the five banking laws that set-up the financial mess and the ‘Too big to fail Banks.’

20. kenmar1965 says:

I will say that i have never felt this way (politically) before. When DT announced his candidacy, I like many, was not sure how to take it. Here was a man whom I only knew as a real estate developer and a reality TV star, but was speaking what I was thinking. I watched from a distance at first…. The pundits said he was a joke….. EVERYONE said he would not last.. But as the weeks went on, DT doubled down on his positions, and SHOWED us how he would win for us. Like others have said, he as shown the bright light of truth on the establishment and media and has revealed their true intentions and positions. He has DONE what he has said…. I do not know who else who could have done this.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope we all get what we want for Christmas today!

21. Bart Manson ✓ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ says:

Haven’t been this excited for an election I’m participating in ever. I wasn’t old enough to vote for Reagan, so I didn’t get to be a part of that.

I remember Breitbart last year before June 16th. It was gloomy, it was depressing. We were just watching one capitulation after another after another. Everytime we turned around we had been sold out again without even a fight. McConnell and Boehner were betraying us at every turn and we were losing out on every single issue. Everyday this country seemed like it was getting just a little worse.

People were talking constantly about Article V conventions, leaving the country for other places, and even secession.

I didn’t see Trump’s announcement press conference, but at the time there wasn’t much expected. He had flirted with runs before and never gone through, so a lot of people thought he was just messing around again.

He did get me excited early though. It wasn’t his initial announcements that got me excited though. We’d been hearing things for years about securing the border and building fences, etc. But no one ever really meant it. It was nice to hear but like everyone at the time, I kind of expected him to back it up when he was called out. That’s all politicians had been doing for decades. Political correctness still ruled the day on June 16th, 2015.

What got me (and a lot of people) really excited was when he didn’t back down.

Trump: “I’m gonna build a wall”

Media and liberal lynch mobs everywhere: “You’re racist. You suck. Hitler! Hispanics all hate you. You’re horrible and you have bad hair.”

That was all expected. But the response is what caught everyone’s attention and got this whole thing started.

Trump: “Screw you. I’m gonna build a really big wall. And….I’m suing Univision for $500M.”

That stopped everyone in their tracks. Did we all really just see that? Did Trump just not only hold his ground, but go on the offensive? After six short months of seeing it, it may seem obvious now, but in late June 2015 this was unheard of. No one did that. You just apologized and begged for forgiveness, while the entire country groaned in disappointment again.

But apparently not anymore. The attacks kept coming. Day after day. Univision. NBC. The PGA. NASCAR. Macy’s. Celebrity chefs he had deals with in his hotels. All the other Republican candidates piled on with only a couple of exceptions.

Anyone and everyone denounced him as was the usual case at that time.

And he never flinched. He always fired back. Every single time. No attack went unanswered.

It was so nice to see someone stand up for themselves but it was amazing to see someone finally stand up for America.

As he kept going, he kept announcing his ideas and his policies, and each one made sense. And everytime he was attacked for something that would have driven every other candidate into hiding, he stood his ground, fired back, and moved on. He was starting to tear down political correctness and bring long buried issues to the forefront of the national discussion.

We finally had someone with the resources and the will to fight for this country the way it deserved to be fought for.

The rest is becoming history. Starting in July I watched people become excited about this race. This wasn’t about selecting another politician to manage the decline of our country and oversee it’s peaceful death. This was about selecting a warrior who was going to fight tooth and nail to keep our country alive and get it turned around. It was contagious. While other politicans were following the same scripts of appealing to party loyalty, or race, or some other sub-group, Trump was appealing to a single voter block, but it’s the largest voter block there is….Americans….and we wanted our country back.

So this has been far and away ten times more exciting than any other election I’ve seen. It’s not even close, but the stakes have never been as high either. If we don’t get this election right, America is finished.

I’m just glad we have Trump fighting for us this time.

If this is your first election, remember what it feels like and appreciate it for what it is, because it may be another 30 or 40 years, if ever, before you experience another one like it.

22. IMO says:

I’ve never missed an election I vote every time since I was 18 and that was for Reagan. This will be our last chance to vote for a candidate like Trump this only happens once in a lifetime in fact it may never happen again. So with that said I’m more stressed out than excited cause its so imperative more than ever we vote this time around cause I believe we won’t have a country left.

• Gail Combs says:

This vote decides whether the USA will remain a sovereign nation or whether it will become a vassal state as the European countries now are.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership is THAT BAD.
      The Sovereignty-Busting Trans-Pacific Partnership

Leading arbitration lawyer, George Kahale (chairman of an international law firm) says there are critical loopholes in the Trans-Pacific Partnership’s that leave signatory countries wide open.
      “…an MFN clause is tantamount to a classic wipeout move. It would enable foreign corporations from TPP states to make a claim against Australia based on the ISDS provisions in any other trade deal Australia has signed, no matter which country it was signed with. That means it does not matter how carefully the TPP is drafted: foreign investors can cherrypick another treaty Australia has signed, and sue the Australian government based on the provisions included in that treaty…”

• Gail Combs says:

You can take chrystalia99 word for it. She slogged through the entire 5,544-page text of the Trans-Pacific Partnership

I did read ALL of the Obummercare bill and the Food Safety Modernization bill but I just don’t have the will to read this monstrosity. You can do as I did and read a Synopsis FROM THE US GOVERNMENT knowing the worse is well hidden. That synopsis alone is enough to give any American Patriot nightmares. We lose ALL control and the international corporations will run the country outright, writing our laws and vetoing any we write that they dislike. All with a bit of help from NGOs to add a veneer of ‘democracy.’

The agreement involving 12 countries comprises nearly 40 percent of global economic output. Additional countries can sign on at any time they want with no say from us. The enforcement covers ALL other treaties that the USA has signed in the past.

• Gail Combs says:

There is an additional bit (now removed from the internet)
        “U.S. law distinguishes what it calls treaties, which are derived from the Treaty Clause of the United States Constitution, from congressional-executive agreements and executive agreements. All three classes are considered treaties under international law; they are distinct only from the perspective of internal United States law

…So for instance, if the US Supreme Court found that a treaty violated the US constitution, it would no longer be binding on the US under US law; but it would still be binding on the US under international law, unless its unconstitutionality was manifestly obvious to the other states [nations] at the time the treaty was contracted.”
        (wwwDOT) allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/0/9/7/3/1/p97319_index.html?type=info

“Executive agreements do not require super-majority support in the Senate as do formal Article II treaties. Since the 1940s, the vast majority of international agreements have been completed by presidents as executive agreements rather than as treaties. This major policy evolution occurred without changes to the Constitution, though Supreme Court decisions and practice by the political branches have validated the change. This has led some scholars to conclude that the treaty power “has become effectively a Presidential monopoly” (Franck and Weisband 1979: 135; see also Corwin 1984).”

So all those agreements that Clinton, Obama and Bush signed WITHOUT congresional approval can and most likely WILL be used to force the USA to do as they wish under the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

THIS is why a vote for TRUMP and only TRUMP is so important. Every single one of the other candidates including Rand Paul are FOR the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

23. Beenthere says:

Since Pappa Bush I held my nose when pulling that lever for the Republican candidate. Held my nose the tightest in 1992 & 2008. In 2016 I will not be holding my nose at all during my state primary and the general election if The Donald is on both ballots.

• Gail Combs says:

I hope and pray we actually get a chance to vote for Trump in November.

If they do not manage to kick him to the side of the road before the general election, I am very very afraid the Elite who control Duke Energy will pull the kill switch, as I noted above. This will push the USA into the Urban wars and the Elite will take over the country by force.

They have moved their wealth out of this country in preparation for that move. Back in the late 1980’s I knew a guy in Boston whose company packed up US factories and shipped them overseas leaving nothing but an empty hulk. Since the 1970s the USA has gone from 25% of the workforce engaged in manufacturing to less than 10% AT THE BEGINNING of the Obummer era. Now the bulk of the USA either works for the government or flips burgers or clerks in stores selling Cheap Chinese Crap sucking the last of our wealth out of the economy. SEE: Largest American Employers: Statistics

On top of that Statistics (courtesy of Bridgewater) showed in 1990, before WTO was ratified, Foreign ownership of U.S. assets amounted to 33% of U.S. GDP. By 2002 this had increased to over 70% of U.S. GDP. The Department of Homeland Security says 80% of our ports are operated by Foreigners and they are buying and running US bridges and toll roads. (From old links)

If you really want an eye opener go to sourcewatch (DOT) org and look up “Foreign ownership of U.S. corporations”

The percentage of foreign ownership as of 2002 by industrial sector
      * Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing – 53%
      * Plastics and rubber products manufacturing – 52%
      * Other insurance related activities – 51%
      * Boiler, tank, and shipping container – 50%
      * Glass and glass product – 48%
      *Coal mining – 48%

And that is just a sample.

• Beenthere says:

Companies are leaving for 1 reason ———profits. Lower the taxes and eliminate unnecessary regulations then they will come back. The American worker has an excellent international reputation.—and Trump knows that.

BTW Don’t you think Trump gets inside information when donating to both parties? Also, did you hear the names that gave last minute huge donations to Trump’s Veteran rally? They have to be close business partners. One conveniently lives in Nevada(He has the dirt on Reid.) who’s from the Midwest, the others in NYC & MA.

24. Rev21v3n4 says:

I am in my 60’s now. My first election was Nixon, so I’ve had a lot of years to watch the rising and falling of candidates, issues and election nincompoopery.

The comparisons I see between Ronald and Donald (hey! it rhymes!) are:

Both strong lovers of the USA
    Both strong, proven leaders
    Both principled men of character who rose above their flaws
    Both talk TO Americans
    Both ignore political and punditry talking heads
    Both lead by positive reinforcement of America’s greatness
    Both dabbled with Democrat party ideals
    Both grew in, matured and crystallized conservative ideals
    Both stand by their word and don’t back down
    Both get the job done

These comparisons are part of what intuitively drew me to Trump.

Over the years I have watched the bedrock things I believe in viciously attacked non-stop. Core principles have been targeted, maligned, spoofed, vilified, twisted, trampled, ignored, marginalized, legislated against, lied about and on and on. People who hold dearly to foundational values of moral uprightness, God, family and country first have been excoriated, silenced, litigated against, arrested, imprisoned, laws passed against and impugned with malicious, malignant fervor. There have been precious few to stand against the tide as politicians of character at any governmental level are practically non-existent.

I have watched the slow exposure of hidden Washington agendas come into the light. It is no longer under a bushel now: it is in the full spotlight. Politicians with their hidden deals with the cartels who seek to destroy us. A president who’s known associates and friends are terrorists. Their outright mockery and disdain of America and Americans. Their deliberate unchecked lawlessness. Their complete betrayal of the wishes of the majority of the electorate.

I watched the downfall of Nixon and the attendant slavering wolves who went after him
    I watched Ford fritter away the presidency and Viet Nam
    I watched the utter uselessness and ineffectiveness of Carter, sat in long gas lines and endured the horror of Americans held captive and flaunted worldwide by terrorists
    I watched Reagan restore the dignity, power and rightness of the USA
    I watched GHW Bush lie about “no more taxes”
    I watched Clinton “not have sex with that woman” being impeached but not eradicated
    I watched GW Bush call Islam a religion of peace after they killed over 3,000 of us
    I watched Obama do his best to completely divide, demoralize and destroy my beloved country

I was forced to vote for McCain and Romney because of a rigged RNC nomination process. Eight months ago when Trump declared his candidacy, I paid no attention whatsoever. I had my eye on people I thought might actually be worth something to the conservative cause: Walker, Perry, Jindal, Cruz, Carson, even Fiorina seemed worth vetting. One by one each of these people have been revealed as the RINOs they truly are. Every single one of them has turned out to be corrupted by the “special interests” who give them their daily allowance and bread. Cruz, by far, is the most disappointing. He has been outted as a lying, manipulative weasel. He’s gone from Tea Party golden boy to a globalist wannabe. He disgusts me now.

All of this brings me to Donald. Lord in heaven, you frequently seem to choose people we would never pick on our own! I mean, really? A billionaire playboy who has been strutting his stuff in public for four decades? Come on!!! Yet, glory be!! He is the ONLY candidate who is running with unequaled joy and passion. He is the ONLY candidate who is gathering together Americans of all stripe and political leanings. He is the ONLY candidate trumpeting (pardon me, couldn’t resist) the REAL problems we are facing to the nation and world. He is the only candidate LEADING.

I find myself watching every rally, every interview, every appropriate video, reading every good article–searching, searching, searching for that one misstep that pricks the balloon. But it’s not there. He is unapologetically American. He is passionate about truth. He stands by his word. He puts us first. He does not suffer fools and tools gladly. He honors America’s best, our military. I cry every single day over something because I just cannot believe that finally, FINALLY, someone is standing up for me and the things I love.

This is why this election is different for me. We finally have our warrior. God bless and keep us all, every one, but especially Mr. Donald J. Trump. He will not be perfectly conservative in all his presidential ways, but he will do his very best to bring us back from the brink, that I can tell you. The relief absolutely overwhelms me and that tiny, tiny flicker of hope is beginning to grow into a raging fire. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Donald, for taking on the evils of our day. You are already vanquishing them and my heart is beginning to walk in peace for the first time since Ronald said good bye.

• Glory be Rev21v3n4. This is the best post of the day!!

• Rev21v3n4 says:

Thank you so much. I cannot tell you how much this election means to me and what Donald is doing to restore us–long before he even puts that hand on our national Bible and takes that oath. Truly a miracle worth shedding a few tears over. Never, ever, ever in a million years would I have thought this 8 months ago because I was pretty much Cruz or Walker, baby, all the way.

25. Since this thread invites us to share our perspectives from the past, here is the evidence of the consistency and transparency of Donald Trump’s positions over the past year. His speech at CPAC 2015 shared his passion for reversing America’s slide, his commitment to Make America Great Again and his priorities for improvement, along with what what he would do to make it happen. I was there for that speech, which preceded his candidacy. At a time when I had not even considered this as a possibility, his bold, fresh and frank approach blew the other CPAC speakers out of the water:

When I looked again last night, I was struck by Trump’s past year of Steadfast Patriotism with NO SURPRISES!

I truly believe that this is a man who we can depend upon to lead us back to GREATNESS.

26. I was raised by my grandparents, one a staunch Republican, the other an equally devoted Democrat. I grew up hearing them argue over elections and candidates, but come Election Day, they always voted; he for the R, she for the D. I used to wonder why they bothered because they were going to the polls to cancel each other’s vote; they did it anyway.

When I was old enough to vote (missed Reagan’s first by just a few weeks), I wanted to choose something other than the R or the D. I voted for Reagan in his re-election, and went on to vote sometimes for the R, sometimes for the D. I wanted to vote for something …intangible, even I did not know what it was, until now.

I have always felt that most politicians were dishonest and that the entire beauracracy was just a smoke and mirrors show, so I never really got involved or followed it closely. I have said at different times, especially during the last 25 years that Washington needs to be leveled and rebuilt (figuratively) so that our founders can stop the spinning in their graves that they must be doing.

I never got too caught up in talk radio, I always thought some of the hosts were just “blowing hot air”, and most of the time I preferred to watch network or CNN news over Fox. I never really gave much thought to whether I was a R or a D, a liberal or a conservative; I was just an American. I grew up when we said the Pledge every morning in school, and had a prayer before lunch.

I found this Treehouse during the Jessica days and decided to stay. When I started reading about the GOP roadmap, I was shocked to see just how clear it all became, how much sense it all made. I look forward each day to the articles and commentary; I have learned so much here!

Thank you to Sundance for all the insight and to the other folks in the Treehouse for their thought provoking comments. It soothes my jangled nerves to hear that others who have followed politics, much more closely than I have, feel the same excitement and electricity about this election.

As far as the labels go, I am still not so sure they matter, they are just that, labels. We are all Americans and it is time to set this country back on the course we hold dear. We have the chance, now, to do it. One man has put his life, his fortune, his honor, his family on the line for us. This man speaks what I have felt for many years, and he has turned the political world upside down. He does not back down from his, our, beliefs.

It begins today, in just a few hours, in Iowa. Let’s take this country back and make it great again!! Blessings to all, God watch over us and our next President.

27. jeans2nd says:

If you want to see the enthusiasm in Mr. Trump’s supporters, go to a Trump Campaign volunteer meeting. There are no headquarters. You might meet in my tiny living room. There you will find American Patriots. Dems, Inds, and GOP, all there for a different reason, but all Patriots.

The Citizen who came from Cuba, who does not care so much about the Wall, he just wants the America he had heard about in Cuba and came here for. The 2nd generation Polish and Czech, the 3rd generation Itialian, who knew communism/socialism/facism and wants to see it stopped here. The American black whose ancestors were slaves, who wants the America his grandaddy fought for in the Wars.

You want to see the Trump supporters? https://www.donaldjtrump.com/ – go to “Get Involved” at the top, enter your info in the small form, additional info in the comments, and be patient. They read them all which takes time. They will get back to you. You will not be disappointed.

28. smiley says:

This election, I’m hoping to actually vote FOR the candidate/nominee who I BELIEVE IN as our leader/President, instead of so many times in the past just voting “for the lesser of two evils” or voting a candidate I really don’t like, in order to overcome another worse candidate.

this time, my heart’s in it.
    in the past, I’ve held my nose & gritted my teeth.
    YUGE difference.

29. jakee308 says:

I haven’t been this avid about voting since Reagan in 1984. Every vote since then has been more against the Democrat than for the Moderate the GOP forced on me. Did not vote in ’88, ’92 or ’96 due to residency problems. Had hopes for GWBush in 2000 but did not expect much. Voted for him in 2004 because Kerry is a traitor (and I personally knew him way back when).

The votes in ’08 and ’12 were of desperation only and had no real expectation of anything better. (although I did expect Romney to do much better than he did)

I actually believe that even if Trump has enough delegates, the GOP will try to deny him the nomination. Why? Because they’ve said they would and other branches agree.

We will see.

30. I have never read so many touching comments from one topic. There is real passion here and I am grateful to be part of it. Thank you all.

31. floralmouse67 says:

Me, I’m pretty excited.

I was really, really politically active. Letters, calls, trips to Washington, DC, phone banks, door to door…I was in it to win it. Then I watched Bush the First lose on purpose and all my eagerness deflated.

Then Sarah Palin popped on the scene and I was energized again. And then they abused her and my enthusiasm sank.

I somewhat got it back with Romney but it was desperation at that point. And I gotta tell ya, there was something really fishy about that election. The most recent congress pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes and I was prepared to ride out what came until Jesus comes.

And then Donald Trump showed up. And I had hope again. Like flaming, on fire, roaring hope. He inspires me.

I will be sitting in front of all my screens tonight watching. Because no matter what the paid pundits say to appease their minders, this is Trump’s time and Trump’s election which means it belongs to We the People.

I’ll have to try really hard to keep my enthusiasm contained so my neighbors don’t think someone’s gone crazy over here.

32. JustMe says:

Had to finally join the party. It’s been great to have you all to help with the wait! Can’t wait to celebrate!

33. getfitnow says:

HuffPost Pollster Update today: Trump trending up!
    Donald Trump 38.7%
    Ted Cruz 15.0%
    Marco Rubio 10.1%
    Ben Carson 7.8%
    Jeb Bush 5.6%
    Rand Paul 3.2%
    John Kasich 2.7%
    Chris Christie 2.2%
    Mike Huckabee 2.2%
    Carly Fiorina 1.5%
    Rick Santorum 0.7%
    Jim Gilmore 0.0%

34. Jenny R. says:

I voted quite willingly for McCain in ’08 with a sense of desperation (I am from IL, I knew what he was running against). Not saying I particularly liked McCain, but there was really no reason to not rush to the polls. Unfortunately, it was to no avail.
    I voted quite willingly 2 years later — I’m from IL; I KNOW the Republicans are hardly better, but I was hoping for some brakes on the train (seeing as how my vote in ’08 didn’t do a bit of good). Can’t say it did any good again.
    I didn’t vote in ’12; I had a small child in ICU, and couldn’t stand Romney; the down ticket for me wasn’t really any better to be honest. Everyone else in my family who could voted — none for either the GOP or DNC, except way down ticket. We have all had enough of both parties. One could say that this was perhaps the least disappointing election as of late for me.
    I voted willingly in ’14, but only because the down ticket local stuff was pretty important, and I had some people I really wanted in — up ticket was “meh” and turned out to be a total farce, but locally we got some decent people in; that was nice.
    This year I’m not expecting a miracle; I just want to keep Hillary and the establishment GOP far, far away from the WH. At this point I’d be tempted to toss the vote towards crazy Bernie rather than Jeb, Rubio, Cruz — I’m sick of the Bushes and the Clintons and their toadies; I do not want elected royalty. Trump is my choice as he seems to have excellent political instincts and appears to actually like this country; hopefully he turns out to be good if he gets it. There are also some important down ticket elections for me, although I don’t hold out much hope. I refuse to get too excited or get my hopes up.

35. SouthCentralPA says:

Scott Brown. That brings back some memories. Yeah, back before whatsisface at Hillbuzz went all aboard on the crazy train. Good times, good times…