The final poll from Iowa, traditionally called the “first-in-the-nation-poll”, by the Des Moines Register and Bloomberg has been released (full pdf below).  Here’s the GOP result with only two days left before caucus night:

des moines final poll 3

The critical results are favorable to Donald Trump, now he needs to get out the voters !

(Via Bloomberg)  Donald Trump has overtaken Ted Cruz in the final days before Iowa’s caucuses, with the fate of the race closely tied to the size of Monday evening’s turnout, especially among evangelical voters and those attending for the first time, a Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows.

des moines final poll

des moines final poll 2

The findings before the first ballots are cast in the 2016 presidential nomination race shows Trump with the support of 28 percent of likely caucus-goers, followed by 23 percent for the Texas senator and 15 percent for U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida.

The billionaire real estate mogul leads Cruz among those who say they definitely plan to attend, 30 percent to 26 percent. With the less committed—those who say they’ll probably attend—Trump also beats Cruz, 27 percent to 21 percent.

“Trump is leading with both the inner core of the caucus universe and the fringe—that’s what any candidate would want,” said longtime Iowa pollster J. Ann Selzer, who oversaw the survey for the news organizations. (read more)

trump rally michigan 2

trump iowa rally

trump lion

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, media bias, Ted Cruz. Bookmark the permalink.

201 Responses to DMR / Bloomberg Final Iowa Poll – Donald Trump 28%, Ted Cruz 23%, Marco Rubio 15%…

1. Mike says:

The little “mail” problem that Ted Cruz has probably isn’t going to help him much….

2. Sanj says:

At $15mil per point in Iowa, if Jebra dumps 360 mil in 24 hours, he can win. Go Jebra!

3. lurker99 says:

Finally………

4. notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Considering the source, I think Trump is higher than that…….Bet it doesn’t include Democrats and Independents for Trump.

5. Ranger1777 says:

Yes ! Trump +5 what great news. Now it is time to bring it home. Let’s keep focused to bring Mr. Trump as the winner in Iowa !

6. Polar Vortex says:

The splitter strategy seems to be working perfectly in Iowa…………….For Trump.
    Time for the power elite to come up with a new strategy, but Trump probably has it all figured out anyway.

7. Sentient says:

DMR polling was concluded before news broke of Cruz’s shaming letter scheme.

8. WenMaMa says:

Just pray that our patriotic leader bring us the win.

9. The establishment pols and media, and specifically Fox News, will go even crazier now. They’re still in denial. Get ready for 48 hours of Trump bashing. They will pull out all the stops by pushing their fair-haired man-child Rubio and and the hated Cruz. However, the train has left the station and the power is now with the people who have had enough. Go Trump!!

• WenMaMa says:

Actually the FIVE were talking about uniting behind one candidate, even TRUMP.

• “The Five” will be “The Zero” if that happens.

• TheFenian says:

I heard one generally honest assessment, earlier this evening, of what is likely Trumps true or actual level of support. It came from the most shockingly unexpected talking head … none other than rabid leftist propaganda disseminator Chris Matthews.

While discussing the poll #’s he said “The people I talk with who don’t like Trump make very clear, up front, first thing, they say they hate him. A much larger group is people who avoid and obscucate but when pressed admit, like they’re sharing a secrete, that they’re for Trump. AND IM TALKING ACROSS THE SPECTRUM SUPPORT, Rebublican, Democrat, independent, liberals. Liberals!”
        “So I believe at the end, in the voting, his numbers will be much higher”

I was somewhat stunned. I mean: Chris Matthews.

And watching how he spoke I thought “This guy is pulling the lever for Trump”.

These are strange days.

• KitKat says:

It sounds like even Chris Matthews might vote for him.

• Regina says:

yes – Matthews lets these “moments of awe” slip through, and they’re quite telling…
            no tingle yet Thank God!

• I think Chris Matthews will vote for Trump over Hillary. O yes I do. Trump is like Reagan! Hillary’s selfishness and phoniness shines through.

Hillary’s got the Ted Cruz problem.

No one likes her.

• lmg says:

When Trump wins Iowa, and New Hampshire, and South Carolina… It will eventually dawn on people that he is both serious and skilled. That he will run the table. That no other candidate has a prayer. And that this will work. That the country will benefit, and both sides will win. And they will come aboard. David Brooks might even notice the crease in Trump’s pants leg.

But there will still be those people. The people who thought it perfectly fine to manufacture votes for Al Gore during the 2000 recount. The ones who threw things at George W. Bush’s limo on inauguration day. The ones who made movies about assassinating the president. They’re the same people who call Trump a clown, a draft dodger, and want to see him murdered, and nothing you tell them or show them will make them lay down their hatred and acknowledge the truth. Those people will never come around, will never see reason, and … let’s just say I’m sad to have to share a country with them.

• Gail Combs says:

Envy/Hatred of the Good for Being the Good

Today, we live in the Age of Envy.

“Envy” is not the emotion I have in mind, but it is the clearest manifestation of an emotion that has remained nameless; it is the only element of a complex emotional sum that men have permitted themselves to identify.

Envy is regarded by most people as a petty, superficial emotion and, therefore, it serves as a semihuman cover for so inhuman an emotion that those who feel it seldom dare admit it even to themselves. . . . That emotion is: hatred of the good for being the good.

This hatred is not resentment against some prescribed view of the good with which one does not agree. . . . Hatred of the good for being the good means hatred of that which one regards as good by one’s own (conscious or subconscious) judgment. It means hatred of a person for possessing a value or virtue one regards as desirable.

If a child wants to get good grades in school, but is unable or unwilling to achieve them and begins to hate the children who do, that is hatred of the good. If a man regards intelligence as a value, but is troubled by self-doubt and begins to hate the men he judges to be intelligent, that is hatred of the good.

The nature of the particular values a man chooses to hold is not the primary factor in this issue (although irrational values may contribute a great deal to the formation of that emotion). The primary factor and distinguishing characteristic is an emotional mechanism set in reverse: a response of hatred, not toward human vices, but toward human virtues.

To be exact, the emotional mechanism is not set in reverse, but is set one way: its exponents do not experience love for evil men; their emotional range is limited to hatred or indifference. It is impossible to experience love, which is a response to values, when one’s automatized response to values is hatred. — Ayn Rand

• NCPatrick says:

Wow, Gail … this is so true of our current state in the country. And I’m convinced it is the basis for Facebook’s success; it gives those with envious hearts a forum for sharing and stoking their hatred. They know they will be supported by many others who find something wrong with anything good or right.

It is the sole reason I have never gone near Facebook and never will … Twitter is just as bad of course. I just don’t have the time or strength to be slapped down for anything I believe in, and I suspect that is the reason thousands of people are covert Trump supporters.

We have been “trained” in this PC age not to open ourselves up to attacks simply because of our opinions. As dearly as I love and support Donald Trump, I know that a large portion of the people I interact with probably do not share my feelings.

So I drive around with my Trump bumper stickers, wear my Trump shirts and keep Trump signs in my yard. And continue to hope that once our primary election is over and Trump wins, perhaps more of the fraidy cats will stick their heads up.

Undecided is such PC BS … they know who they’re voting for by now!

• I’ve noticed that too about MSNBC. I think their ratings suck soo bad they have no choice but to get behind the Donald. Morning Joe has done a complete 180 about trump, they’re actually praising Trump.

• Regina says:

Excluding Maddow and that awful Chris Hayes, msnbc has been pretty positive, and pretty good about covering rallies, etc.
            I think the gasbags at CNN are much worse – I can’t think of a single female on that network that doesn’t make me cringe.

Watching Hillary – who followed a floundering Bill – on c-span…boy, she’s really bitchy and yelling so loud! She’s harping on the Koch Brothers…hey Hill, turn the page, that was the big name Last election hehe

• kingjulianx says:

I agree with you. Trump support is higher than these pundits can comprehend. I can’t wait to vote here in Florida for Trump.

• Raffaella says:

Morning Joe on MSNBC has been Trump’s biggest cheerleader since last summer. I always review all their videos online.

I live in California and everyone I know is a Trump supporter. Many of them are democrats. My brother works in a high Tech company and they are all Trump supporters as well.

• BobW462 says:

Yeah. I won’t even attempt to watch any news channels for the next 48 hrs. My BP will just go through the roof. I don’t care what they have to say anyway. MSM is completely irrelevant to me at this point.

• Regina says:

LOL – they just Quit covering politics 🙂 History of the Eagles on one channel, Lockup on another, and Fox is rerunning the debate (bet they’ll add tonight’s views to their Thursday ratings number)

• MARK LEVIN ON SUICIDE WATCH
      GLENN BECK ON SUICIDE WATCH WITH THEATRICS, MAYBE HOSPITAL STUNT
      FOX ON SUICIDE WATCH
      MEGYN KELLY ON SUICIDE WATCH
      ALL TRUMP HATERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

BECK LOVES BOOZE AND CRUZ!

Sorry for caps, using my Trump Rally Chat sheet!

10. dizzymissl says:

Anti-Trump group takes out full-page ad in Iowa Sunday papers http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/donald-trump-iowa-newspaper-attack-ad-218462

11. Trust No One says:

How will Fox report the poll if they’re not saying Trump’s name? And XX is leading the poll ….. 😂

12. John Galt says:

Bogus Poll is Bogus: Look at page 15 of the scribd document

“I’m going to mention some things about some of the candidates—
    things that might be a concern. For each, please tell me if this bothers you or does not bother you.”

Proceeds to make negative contentions regarding ONLY Trump and Cruz.

• Sandra says:

I also noticed that they asked the Republican respondents how they feel about Bloomberg. Bloomberg, if he runs, will not be running as a Republican, and he was a Democrat before he ran for Mayor of NYC. Very shady.

13. Clc says:

Santorum said on radio last Thursday that the year he won, the best he polled was 17%. He actually pulled 27% at the caucuses. So anything could happen. They say the bigger the turnout, the better it is for Trump.

• Sandra says:

I was looking at this earlier today. RCP has a bunch of 2012 Iowa GOP polls and the final results. Among the polls RCP has, the best Santorum did was 18% and the actual result was 24.6%. So on first glance it looks like the polls were off significantly. But the last poll was January 1 and he had a distinct upward trend throughout December, so I’m wondering if later polls would have been more accurate. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_primary-1588.html#polls If anyone can find polls covering January 2012 I think it would be really interesting. I’ll keep looking.

This year we don’t have that problem. We have lots of recent polls to look at. I think the final result will be very similar to the DMR poll..

• Sandra says:

Oh! The 2012 Iowa Caucus was on January 3! So a January 1 poll was very recent. Anyway, Santorum did have an upward trend, I guess at the last minute he impressed more people. And when you think about it, if the last poll before the caucus had him at 18% and it has a +/-4% margin of error, then it really wasn’t too far off.

14. Sentient says:

Bush has 2% and the margin of error is 4%. So he might really be at -2%.

15. billygoat says:

Jeb was trying to win the General election before he won the primary. Hilariously saidlast year how he didn’t need conservatives to win. LOL

16. flawesttexas says:

For sure, this means missing last debate will not hurt Trump. Maybe Beck can give Cruz fans a ride on his Zeppelin or something….

17. jtomka says:

100% of the respondents were registered voters. They did not poll unregistered voters per the first question.. 🙂

18. Southern Rebel says:

Can’t wait for the MSM to completely lose their minds Monday evening. Watch them try to downplay the significance of the Iowa Caucus when Trump wins.

• TheFenian says:

The entire story on Monday will be about the “Rubio Surge” and how this leads to a path to the nomination. I can guaranty you right now that if you only watch FOX news you will come away with the impression that Rubio is now the presumptive nominee.

Trumps overwhelming first place win will be acknowledged in passing, but only as it relates to Rubio’s “very strong” finish.

If Rubio actually finishes 2nd then forget it. They won’t even mention Trump and it will be orgasm after orgasm for Rubio.

I’ll stick to the Internet and CNN on Monday.

• benywth says:

If Trump wins, he will IMO, I can hear the talking heads proclaim that Iowa doesn’t count because Iowa winners never win the nomination. If Cruz were to win, it would be “Iowa has come out of the slump and picked a winner.

• Raffaella says:

They will completely ignore the winner if it is Trump and just discuss the 2nd and 3rd finishers as it relates to future primaries. They will say that Trump just barely met expectations and the rest exceeded expectations.

19. Mia says:

Hillary contact told me that they are planning on running against Trump

• TheFenian says:

BB was full blown anti-Trump articles earlier this evening and I think I’ll have to avoid that site for a few days.

Isn’t that sad ? Avoiding Breitbart of all places. Sad.

• R-C says:

No way! I’m wading into them. They got nothing. Bring em on!

• NJF says:

I’m still waiting for them to post about the damn mailer issue!

SMH

• redsequin4 says:

Especially the Beck headline, that was the worst. BB is all over the map but very anti-Trump today.

• NCPatrick says:

You know whose shoes I would hate to be in? That sick loser Beck. Because when Trump becomes President and everything begins to change, the one thing that will not change will be Trump’s memory of how Beck has attacked him.

Beck (and to be fair many others like him with a microphone) has never been right in picking winners since I’ve been listening to him, and he will not be this time either. But this time Beck went totally off his rocker, hurling petty, ugly and vicious insults against a man who is using his own money to help the country he loves get back on its feet. Not only has this made Beck look like a psycho, but also a very stupid businessman.

I recall, before Trump announced his candidacy, one day Beck told of being put up in a Trump hotel after the death of his father and that Trump had been very gracious to him. But apparently that didn’t count for much from the ingrate Glen Beck.

It always pays to have friends rather than enemies, and I can’t think of a better friend than Donald Trump who never forgets loyalty.

• redsequin4 says:

Agree 100% as The Donald would say.

Beck is starved for attention and it seems he’ll say or do anything to get it, using Cruz as his conduit. And he’s jealous of Trump. That’s what’s bringing out the off the rails behavior, he’s acting out, like a teenager.

Beck is riding the Trump train like everyone else, except when Trump is Mr. President, Beck will go back to being just another irrelevant talk show host again.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

But Hillary is running for prison!

20. I have been lurking for weeks. Now with the election around the corner for real… want to say THANKS… it’s nice to have a familiar site with like minded people to turn to. Keep up the good work.

21. barton2016 says:

I’m a little surprised the Canadian hasn’t tanked farther but he has been bolstered by almost every talk show host out there.

22. WackoBird McCrazyPants says:

Oh dear…there seems no end of negative articles about Ted’s current standing…

I think that last debate hurt him bad.
    At this rate his cruzin’ to 3rd place and the “buzz” will be about a much strengthened Rubio.
    C’mon Ted, get your game together…we need you in a weak 2nd place!

23. RINOKiller says:

This is still an irrelevant poll.

True polling shows a big lead

24. KBR says:

I want a win in Iowa. But I have to admit it, I will be glad to move on from the one state. There are 49 others after all.

25. Mia says:

For some reason my comment didn’t get posted the first time I did it, so I’m trying again.

I have friends who are Dem operatives. Those same friends are on the Hillary weekly call. They say that Hillary is gearing up for a Trump candidacy.

Same friends say that “they” won’t let Bernie be the nominee – whoever “they” is.

26. yakmaster2 says:

The television msm has to keep the “anything-could-happen” suspense going to generate viewership. Blah, blah, blah, blah, tune in here…” I’ve been watching movies instead.
    I just hope Iowa caucas voters don’t get cute and deliberately try to do the unexpected. Again. Trump is the only one who can (and will) win the GENERAL ELECTION.
    Do the right thing, Iowa!!

27. petszmom says:

over at BB, the shaming letters have not be reported. I might have let the cat out of the bag over on the BB facebook page cuz I was just cornered and accused of hearsay. hey, I couldn’t help it, I believe in full disclosure.

28. Nabuca says:

Pretty interesting turn of events.

I’m getting the impression that Rubio is not only a wildcard in Iowa but seems to be a very valuable asset in insuring a Trump win in Iowa and to prevent a Bush surge in NH.

Seems to be a classic example of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.

29. KH says:

+5 is not anywhere near a safe lead when to comes to IA caucuses, especially with 45% of respondents saying they could change their mind or had not made it up yet. It’s good news (better to be up than down), but don’t get cocky, 10pt swings in final two days happen often.

• faridrushdi says:

True, but an internal showed that 71% of Trump supporters are locked in while 41% of Cruz supporters are sure. It would SEEM as though any movement would be to Trump.

• Martin says:

This is not a good poll, especially since they’re biased against Trump. Don’t read too much into it.

• I can’t believe Iowans could be stupid enough to vote for anyone else besides trump.
      Feb 2nd has to be a landslide in trumps favor. I have faith Iowa will do the right thing!

• Regina says:

+/-4 is a big swing

Hillary just said she doesn’t think “giving free college to Donald Trump’s youngest child” is the way it should go LOL that’s her hit at Bernie!

Man, what a shrew…I can’t imagine having to listen to this voice for the next four years. I’ve thought the same thing about Cruz – so glad that’s not a worry anymore.

• shelleybear66 says:

45% undecided is total baloney! Iowa only gets attention every 4 years so they really drum up the drama and continue to say they are “undecided” so all of the candidates give them attention and kiss their asses! ( sorry, but true)
      If someone is still undecided @ this point..then frankly, they are just too effing stupid to vote!

30. faridrushdi says:

Some former Breitbart employees went to Buzzfeed and said they were told they had a “relationship” with Trump and that explains the positive press. The publisher denied it, saying he never has, nor does he currently, have ANY kind of relationship with Trump.

Then he said something interesting: “Trump is the only major candidate who has not purchased advertising on our site during this election cycle” (or words to that effect).

Dana Loesch @ Blaze has already attacked on twitter with, “This isn’t good.” Never mentions that it’s denied or the thing about the advertising.

I think the no ads part clinches it for me. You would think that would be the conduit to be use for any illicit payments.

• Regina says:

Has anyone posted about the shamemail at Blaze?
      Every once in a while it’s really tempting to sign up for Twitter – but I’ll leave that to others 🙂

• shelleybear66 says:

Regina..I just recently signed for Twitter..few months ago..explicitly to follow Mr. Trump..and I LOVE it!
        See unvarnished news “in real time”..can follow the Trump Campaign with pics, etc. much more closely, and tweet with hundreds ( or unlimited) of like minded Trumpians!
        Strongly recommend Everyone to join #TeamTrump and # TrumpTrain on twitter!

31. Sandra says:

I’m so glad the Dems are focused on their own sorry situation so there is less antagonistic crossover to try to throw the GOP nomination. I prey Sanders and Clinton are neck and neck throughout the primary season. I have a feeling the Sanders and Clinton supporters are like oil and water.

32. NHVoter says:

Great poll for Trump!

Meanwhile, Mark Levin remains pathetic & delusional.

33. sundance says:

34. sundance says:

Watch:

Watch again:

35. shallbe4 says:

I think the results will be better than that. New caucus locations are opening up so they expect a large crowd.

36. grainofsalt says:

DMR omitted Trump’s name in their poll and we are suppose to believe this poll result? SMH.

37. Bull Durham says:

I know Trump has personal security. I know he has Secret Service security. I know he has local police security. But I wish a few score of special operators who really know covert ops and force structure security would guard the plane, helo and limo/SUVs and all the locations he attends and overnights.

There are many Elites who are threatened by this candidacy.

There are so many points of targeting and means to do it.

It is an easy hit to take down a plane, a helo or snipe with an IED a vehicle.
    Nothing is impossible.

I’d feel a whole lot better if combat vets with the highest skill sets formed a third ring of protection around DJT.

• kathyca says:

I was watching his security in close up while he was signing stuff at the end of one of the rallies today. They are many and vigilant!

38. Ivehadit says:

Praying for the next 45 hours that Iowa will Help Make America Great Again by giving Donald Trump a massive win. Go Donald! Go Iowa-Bring.It.Home!!

39. redsequin4 says:

Super pac going after DT big time. How he stands the pressure I have no idea, the attacks on him are non-stop. Thank goodness the people are with him. Monday can’t come soon enough.

Anti-Trump group takes out full-page ad in Iowa Sunday papers

40. NJF says:

God I love BB comment section. One of the best regarding poll results, specifically Yeb:

“2% lol! Like 2% milk – weak!!!”

41. NJF says:

Can not believe BB continues to ignore mailer situation despite it being posted/discussed: NYT, WAPO, Drudge & OAN

If mercer connection wasn’t obvious before, it certainly is now SMH

42. John says:

The truth about ethanol. Trump supports it. That’s when he lost me.

• Crassus says:

Nobody gives a shite on way or the other about the issue of ethanol. It’s boob bait.

• John Galt says:

So does Cruz.

Ted Cruz: “I will tear down the EPA’s blend wall which will enable ethanol to expand its market share by up to 60%”

• Maxine says:

John, the bottom line is, whether or not you approve or disapprove of ethanol, it is what it is right now. I hate all of the ridiculous mandates, but I think we need to be focused right now on the bigger picture. I have no doubt in my mind that Trump will eliminate all of the subsidies going to industries to please the lobbyists. He’s our best hope in eliminating or reforming all departments.

• keebler AC says:

Zerohedge is junk bond material, K street. I’m sorry for you being brainwashed by a bunch of unemployed bloggers trying to down sell gold and then up sell gold. You’ll crash and burn following their advice and blog. Be forewarned.

• Bill Webb says:

Actually, I tripled an investment off their advice.

• annieoakley says:

I cannot figure out Zero Hedge advice. Too many acronyms and code words, I guess. Comments can be revealing but they eventually become too crude for me.

• Bill Webb says:

Yes Annie, Economics degree from Duke here, but, it took me forever to get their lingo down. Yes, they are foul mouthed. But, they have become more mainstream as they have grown. Alas, they don’t give away much good advice on how to trade the markets anymore. They have pointed out arbitrage opportunities in the past. Example: They pointed out when, the Bank Of Japan would print money (middle of the night in the US). Correlation to the S&P 500 would break down temporarily, then, viola, it would drift back down. Free money if you bet against the Yen! But, in that example no direct financial instruments to take advantage existed. But, I did triple my money in silver with very limited leverage in 3 months off articles they posted.

• Gail Combs says:

“When less than 1% of the population is engaged in feeding the entire population and those being fed don’t actively, and positively support the one percent, then the 99% should be happy when they are left to feed themselves”…. LET THEM EAT GRASS!

Farmers make a negative $1,400 a year feeding your face. When the Corporate Ag Cartel finishes driving the last independent farmer off the land you will know what food REALLY COSTS!

And yeah, I used to farm until the Food Safety Modernization Act was passed. Now you are better off stealing car for a living then you are farming. The penalties and jail time is a LOT LESS!

• Martin says:

Really……..

• I will take Iowa Ethanol over Saudi Oil any day.

43. USA Patriot says:

Not sure if the DMR poll in article accounted for turnout — antibody know It’s been reported that 120 to 130 k is normal and the higher the trurnout the better for Trump.