Des Moines Register On-Line Poll Omits Frontrunner Donald Trump as Vote Option…

The relationship between the Trump campaign and the Des Moines Register (DMR) is well documented.  Throughout the GOP primary the DMR has been antagonistic to the Trump Campaign, and DMR reporters have even been identified data-mining Trump donors and sending out messages ridiculing them.

The DMR editorial board has endorsed Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton and positioned their advocacy in opposition to all other candidates.  So it might not come as a surprise to find out the Des Moines Register had a sponsored poll presented on their website for visitors that removes the option to vote for Donald Trump.  See Screenshot:

DMR 2

(click image to enlarge)

Today the Des Moines Register is set to release a final Iowa poll, the “first-in-the-nation” poll which they sponsor through Selzer & Co. Inc., a firm who has conducted The Des Moines Register’s Iowa Poll since 1997.

Wouldn’t it be interesting if the sponsored poll removing Donald Trump as an option was identified as the data collection for their “first-in-the-nation” polling and publication?

dmr 1

Dr_Phil_teen_youtube_beating

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, media bias, Notorious Liars, propaganda, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

239 Responses to Des Moines Register On-Line Poll Omits Frontrunner Donald Trump as Vote Option…

1. FatLadySings4U says:

Drudge has a link to this crap from his site. I sent him a message letting him know Trump’s name was omitted from the voting options. Let’s see if he pulls his link or not. This stinks to high Heavens. I hope after Trump leaves office in 8 years, that he sets up his own News Network. I’d even pay for a subscription to it if I had to, in order to help make that happen. Someone has to take it to these clowns and cut ’em off at the knees. NY values, HELL YEAH!

• tellthetruth2016 says:

If the people in Iowa know this, WHY do they still buy this pos of a paper anyway??

• Michael Hartson says:

I have to wrap my dead fish in something.

• lou Ann Watson says:

habit

• Because we’ve all been complacent for decades & decades about the MSM’s bias, interference with elections & their shilling for progressives. Quite frankly the media has always been a powerful tool the Left has infiltrated & used to defeat our way of life. Academia is another. The Judiciary is another. Leftists have attacked us by using key elements of our freedoms against us. It’s how they operate. And We The People have been too busy working to effectively counter their intrusion. We placed our faith & trust in so-called Republican conservatives who turned out to be part of & corrupted by the same progressive movement.

• lou Ann Watson says:

i hope he buys the iowa paper and closes it…little dweebs that get a trumped up spotlight are easily squashed

• Sandhill says:

Hope Trump buys the paper, fires all the socialist\globalists and replaces them with America First personal and then watch the subscriptions go through the roof. I would be first in line to subscribe to a paper that put America\Americans First.

• People need to relax about this. The “poll” screenshotted above is “sponsored content”. It’s not a “real” poll. If you visit DMR enough (and I do, not only at election time), and some other sites too, there is sometimes this survey tie in that they want you to take in order to proceed to content. I have seen them ask about everything from underwear to breakfast cereal. That Trump got left off of the faux poll is someone’s idea of a joke, maybe even DMR’s. Hey, DMR has to get publicity somehow😉

Selzer Company – Ann Selzer is the best in the biz – they still use traditional methods, make multiple calls, use no speculation. They’re very good with a strong record of accuracy.

And with that, Go Trump!

• 1american1st says:

FatLadySings4U –

I wonder if Donald Trump could file charges against the Des Moines Register for something like “election rigging” or “voter intimidation”?

• Ono says:

Why bother. He has already called them out as biased and untruthful. Let the people of Des Moines take action. Readership will drop and with it advertising (This is where newspapers make money, not in subscriptions). No income.. new management or they close their doors.

I don’t think “Bail out” is going to be part of Trumps platform. Sink or Swim is the way it works in the private sector.

2. Regina says:

For openers, they keep talking about the “Democratic” numbers – not Democrat
    this is all part of the lead-in to Democratic Socialism

TRUMP 28%
    CRUZ 23%

3. Regina says:

602 respondents, +/-4??? THIS is the big bellwether poll??

• BobW462 says:

Another ridiculous small-sample poll. Worthless crap. Except that it proves Trump’s support is too strong to deny – or they would have tried harder to hide it.

• YoJoLo says:

The did come up with these responses:

On candidate traits tested, Trump won on almost every question. He beats Cruz on being most feared by U.S. enemies (50 percent to 21 percent), potential to bring about needed change (37 percent to 21 percent), being a strong leader (32 percent to 23 percent), prospects for winning a general election (35 percent to 24 percent) and keeping “your family safest” (28 percent to 24 percent).

• NCPatriot says:

And when you listen to the two DR political writers—the first sentence out of her mouth was ” Donald Trump has ‘muscled” his way to first place—————” Then she went on to talk about the shiny penny moving up—-(Rubio)

The media bias is SO obvious. That’s OK b/c our guy has US.

• USMC Patriot says:

lol. Exactly. Remember the media celebration about six weeks ago when this same Iowa paper put out a poll showing Cruz crushing Trump? That poll sampled only 400 voters! lol The larger the poll voting sample, the larger Trump’s lead is. I expect a comfortable Trump win on Monday night.

• Gail Combs says:

DRUDGE POLL (10:55 PM Jan 30)
        1,434,352 Total Votes Total Votes

TRUMP 866,248 votes 60%

CRUZ 273,478 votes 19%
        RUBIO 113,811 votes 8%
        PAUl 76,982 votes 5%
        CARSON 21,613 votes 2%
        KASICH 22,719 votes 2%

BUSH 16,064 votes 1%

• USMC Patriot says:

4. moogey says:

Now I hope I remember this correctly:

The Des Moines Register is part of the USA Today media package

USA Today, is Owned by Michael Bloomberg

And Michael Bloomberg wants Hillary or Himself sitting in the Oval Office NOT Donald Trump.

But the media will shove this poll down our throats as being ‘a highly rated poll from the ESTEEMED Des Moines Register’.

• NJF says:

Man. The entire process is so freaking incestuous!!!

• I personally think trump’s will be higher!

• tempo150101 says:

I’m guessing the question originally asked who do you think won the debate.

• tempo150101 says:

Moderate away, but the screenshot is a fake. Doctored just like the infamous “fake but accurate” 60 minutes letter.

• tempo150101 says:

My reply that the screenshot is a fake went into moderation. Look closely at it, the font is supposed to be all normal style and the same size. What was written was in bold. I certainly hope the proprietor of this site didn’t do that.

• texasgypsy53 says:

What does the Register online site say? Can always look it up.

• moogey says:

tempo150101 – Duuuuddddeeee. I’m a stroke survivor, and I couldn’t take a look at my toes if I wanted to. You are either under a misconception that I have anything to do with this site or you have attached your troll to the wrong avatar. Either way, I can’t help ya.

• Sentient says:

You think Sundance faked a screenshot? Stick around. SD doesn’t do fakery.

• tempo150101 says:

I hope not. I hope it’s just something he got from another source that was a mistake. Go to the Des Moines Register and click on any story if you want to see what I mean. If you get a screen asking you answer a poll question, just look at all the text and you’ll see that none of it is bold. This looks like a post-debate poll where someone doctored the question. I’m guessing as a joke, but you never know.

• The Boss says:

Gannett owns USA Today. Regardless, that paper sucks even more than ever. It’s about the size of a pamphlet and costs way more than it’s worth. Figures DMR is part of the same LOSER bunch! In a couple of days, it will fade into irrelevancy.

• moogey says:

Thank you for the correction on the ownership. I greatly appreciate it.

I think perhaps if Trump is elected President there may be more than just DMR that fade into irrelevancy. :0) I look forward to it.

• chrystalia99 says:

Since 2012, it’s now up to about 94% +/- 1 or so, some of the connections are buried deep. Luckily, the guys at NEw Scientist are following the money trail as well, they published this interesting study in 2011:

• Gail Combs says:

I keep trying to post info about an important research paper but it keeps gets kicked into the ether by Word Unimpressed.

I will try once again:
        The N e t w o r k – of – G l o b a l – C o r p o r a t e – C o n t r o l

A very small group is in control.

• chrystalia99 says:

Glad to see others here are running into this, or storing the information! Fascinating, isn’t it? The actual graph of the math model is beautiful. Makes me wish I spoke higher math LOL, there are probably some amazing equations and functions buried in there sigh….

I’ve been collecting and tracking the info since about 3 years before the article and study came out, but building the actual model was slow work, and not something I had the time to do, personally.

I was gratified to see when the math geeks finally got around to mapping the system that I was right in that it is a natural organic function of math rather than a “true conspiracy”, but I wouldn’t dream of upsetting my tin foil hat colleagues by insisting on the logic over the myth.

I, like them, do find the conspiracy to be far more entertaining than the reality behind it at times….

If you find yourself looking for something, you can get in touch with me if you wish through Disqus–my screen name there is the same as here without the 99 on the end. People drop me information or ask for research help often.

As my Disqus profile is fully public, you can also go through my posting history and find all kinds of stuff. I typically suggest hitting the posting history and finding any post more than about a week old and replying to it–when they get that old, I can talk to people undisturbed. When I’m not so frazzled, I really have to get around to formalizing some sort of network sigh…Details, Details😉.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Bloomers is no friend of America.

He heads up PNAE the open borders & amnesty organization along with Murdock.

• Jay Casey says:

I believe your mistaken. Gannett owns both the DM and USAT.

5. TheTorch says:

6. NJF says:

Holy crap Yeb is at 2%!!!!!!!

7. shiloh1973 says:

DMR is on live now right now spinning this anyway they can to get to Rubio.

8. There is a systemic humanity flaw. Possible I don’t know. Something has occurred to me about the system.

Remember when Ben had his book, and there was the nonsense about the pyramids, What would have happened if Donald Trump wasn’t there to expose Ben’s misguided belief?

Fast forward 10 or 15 years, somebody picks up Bens book and says “Oh look what this Neurosurgeon has to say about the pyramids. Which would be wrong, but people would see that it was written by a doctor and believe it to be true, or at least have some credibility.

The media causes more harm, by doing the same thing, but without the doctor cred.

Fuck now I’m starting to believe planet nirabu is on it’s way here. My god I can’t wait for trump to win.

9. TheTorch says:

NOW remember what the MSM narrative has been,
    voters will not turn up or new people won’t show:

• Regina says:

First time caucus goers:
      Trump 35%
      Cruz 19%

Did it matter that Trump skipped debate?
      46% Didn’t care
      “remainder were split”

• TheTorch says:

40%!

If that is anywhere near correct, we could be looking at 30%+ for Trump, and Cruz in low 20’s possibly even around 18-19%. It could be a blow out. It is not inconceivable that Rubio could shift in to 2nd position. It depends how much support Cruz has cratered in last few days.

AND THIS NUGGET:

• Sanj says:

If Trump wins by 5 and carries 25+% of evangelicals, Cruz’s donors will bolt and except for the dirty games and vote rigging by the GOPe, it will be over

• boutis says:

“From his wife’s employer who is one of the largest international globalists banks in the world” was omitted.

• kathyca says:

can I just belatedly add here….what does it say about the caliber of our potential voters…our citizens…we the people…when almost one half of us are not bothered at all by blatant lying? I was talking to a someone this week who used his love of his wife and family to justify that he would lie to win a lawsuit that would take care of them financially if he died. He was totally serious in not seeing anything wrong with that at all. As though his love for his family (which we ALL have) justifies lying to get money. I was appalled.

• I think of it as people being reduced to their lowest common denominator – a la Moynihan’s Defining Deviancy Down essay.

When those in positions of ‘authority’ – president, law-makers, judges, LEOs, teachers, clergy, coaches, parents – lie with absolutely no consequences, it becomes the norm. These people lie, cheat, commit crimes, violate their oaths and the Constitution and nothing happens to them – some are even praised or rewarded for their conduct. This sends a very powerful message to the People, one that is almost impossible to counter or overcome.

It won’t change until the People begin to impose consequences for that behavior.

10. ladyfortruth says:

She said “something unforeseen could change things?” I pray not! Hope the weather is good Monday! Go Trump 2016

11. Honest Abbey says:

Results are in:

TRUMP 28%
    CRUZ 23%

12. Sanj says:

Fox spinning hard. I took my ban off for 2 min. Now its back on.

• NJF says:

I know! And then they showed clip of Cruz at event talking about the millions and millions of ads that they’ve all seen.

Then he reiterated and said “millions in ads and MAILERS!!!!!!”

Baaaawwwwwwhhhhhaaaaaa!

13. TheTorch says:

LIVE Broadcasting TV already up and live with Trumps next event, which is not due to start until 7:30 PM ET

14. Bull Durham says:

Even the Rag of Des Moines cannot bury Trump’s lead. 5 pts. Cruz loses 2 pts and his phony lead is gone even from this gold standard ? poll.

The talking point i s 45% are not yet firmly decide and “could” change their mind.
    This has risen in the past week from 30% to 37% to 40% and today, 45%.
    This is the only hope for the disbelievers. They think it will change. And the media are selling this stale fish concept.

So hard to caucus. So difficult to cast your vote. But people go there and change their mind at the last second. Bizarre. Not this year.

• Regina says:

Seems like they’re really playing down the difference between Dem and Republican caucus as well – all the R’s have to do is show up and write down a name. Not nearly as scary as they make it seem –

• Notmeagain says:

45% undecided?:) People get usually get more certain with time–unless they suddenly get some new info, like the mailers, or Glen Beck, or the debate… So either something shook the faithful, or the DMR is using an inflated “undecided” to cover for a huge swing. Or both, of course.

15. NJF says:

BB still silent on mailer issue!!!!!!on the poll one poster just said “Cruz’s favorables on the rise!!!”

Omg, going to make sure I have popcorn.

16. Regina says:

Oh brother – they’re talking about what an important part the media plays in Iowa – getting out the issues and the candidate’s platforms.

I can’t think of ONE TIME someone has asked “what’s your tax plan” or “where do you stand on…(anything)”. The media has been absolutely USELESS in terms of informing the voters – so now they have a shindig for them to celebrate themselves.

Makes me want to vomit. I think I’d better unplug the tv this week, or I might end up shooting it.

17. NJF says:

MSNBC has special right now

“Citizen trump”!

• TheTorch says:

Only saw a small bit of it so far – but it looks ok, even favorable.

• NJF says:

Yes. Only one dolt said about his fathers wealth this dispels the myth that he is self made. SMH

• Benson II says:

As usual jealousy raises it’s ugly head.

How many kids of the very rich were given or inherited millions from their fathers only to pi$$ is away on fast cars and drugs or just live on it with no accomplishments of their own. I don’t recall many success stories.

18. TheTorch says:

19. melski says:

I certainly hope the Trump administration will have a long memory and keep a list of the journalists who are the snarks and never have anything to do with them for eight years!

20. USMC Patriot says:

This ‘awaiting moderation’ thing just about every time I post a comment in here is getting rather old.

21. dizzymissl says:

Sail Kapur @sahilkapur
    Striking statistic in the Bloomberg/DMR Iowa Poll: Trump leads Cruz 27-26% in @SteveKingIA’s district.

22. NJF says:

Saw a comment on BB that OAN just reported on mailer issue.

23. Victor says:

The establisment is desperate with Trump. Unless America wants to comit economic suicide, kill democracy and bring street violence on massive numbers, they will choose Trumb or someone like him, now or in the next election, a number of rich people, executives and politicians only care about making money now, eve if the country goes belly up and destroys the rich, the politicians, too.

• Gail Combs says:

The Elite will not be here. In case you have not noticed the USA has been gutted. I knew a guy in Boston MA twenty years ago whose business packed up and shipped factories overseas literally.

Clinton transfered our technology to China. link

24. That is worse than slanting the poll.

25. billygoat says:

The Des Moines Register gives freedom of press a whole new meaning.

26. SNAKESRULE says:

If I was “data mined” by anyone and then harassed, there would be physical violence. Extended physical violence. The kind of violence that ends with very extensive, very expensive dental work.

27. RP says:

Folks, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdFPmPL2_A4

From a 2012 GOP Caucus. Guy arrested for videotaping the corruption and rigging. Audience angry then…this year anything like this will be explosive.

28. Southern Son says:

Wonder where my comment went?
    I said, Iowans could just vote for Huck or Santorom in dmr poll.
    They have basically endorsed DJT by standing behind his sign, on His stage.
    Comment went pffft!