A recent Florida poll conducted after the South Carolina GOP debate is almost identical to the last South Carolina poll (Trump leads with 32%).
In Florida Donald Trump holds a commanding lead with 31%, Cruz second with 19%, Bush 13% and Rubio 12%. Rubio/Bush combined total 25%, still behind Trump.
The jump into Third Place for Jeb Bush is an important part to watch. As we have previously shared, we should expect to see Bush begin inching out his own GOPe teammates.
Also, as previously explained, Bush/Rubio support should be considered a combined UniCandidate total. One will endorse the other, depending on timing – our prediction remains that Rubio will defer to his mentor Bush, eventually (either during the mid to late stages of the race, or at the convention).
LAKE MARY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) – A post-debate survey conducted for FOX 35 shows Donald Trump holding a 12-point lead over Ted Cruz in the Sunshine State. Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio are in a tight battle for third.
The survey by OpinionSavvy in conjunction with InsiderAdvantage of 838 likely Florida primary was conducted Sunday, January 17 by IVR phone and mobile devices. The survey has a margin of error of 3.3%. It is weighted for age, race, and gender.
The poll shows deep support for Trump, who leads both in every age group and in every category of ideology. He leads among respondents who say they are very conservative, conservative, moderate, and liberal. This may be in part due to the huge number of Florida GOP voters who watched the recent debate on FOX Business Network.
Nearly 70 percent of those polled said they watched the debate and of those who viewed it nearly 37 percent declared Trump the winner. Cruz came in second at 25 percent and Rubio in third at 17 percent. (read more)
Here is a media report of the poll results, as they are being broadcast in Florida: