Post Debate Florida Poll – Donald Trump With Commanding Lead 31%…

A recent Florida poll conducted after the South Carolina GOP debate is almost identical to the last South Carolina poll (Trump leads with 32%).

In Florida Donald Trump holds a commanding lead with 31%, Cruz second with 19%, Bush 13% and Rubio 12%.   Rubio/Bush combined total 25%, still behind Trump.

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton greets a supporter following her address at the 18th Annual David N. Dinkins Leadership and Public Policy Forum at Columbia University in New York

The jump into Third Place for Jeb Bush is an important part to watch.  As we have previously shared, we should expect to see Bush begin inching out his own GOPe teammates.

Also, as previously explained, Bush/Rubio support should be considered a combined UniCandidate total.   One will endorse the other, depending on timing – our prediction remains that Rubio will defer to his mentor Bush, eventually (either during the mid to late stages of the race, or at the convention).

LAKE MARY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) – A post-debate survey conducted for FOX 35 shows Donald Trump holding a 12-point lead over Ted Cruz in the Sunshine State.  Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio are in a tight battle for third.

The survey by OpinionSavvy in conjunction with InsiderAdvantage of 838 likely Florida primary was conducted Sunday, January 17 by IVR phone and mobile devices. The survey has a margin of error of 3.3%. It is weighted for age, race, and gender.

The poll shows deep support for Trump, who leads both in every age group and in every category of ideology. He leads among respondents who say they are very conservative, conservative, moderate, and liberal. This may be in part due to the huge number of Florida GOP voters who watched the recent debate on FOX Business Network.

Nearly 70 percent of those polled said they watched the debate and of those who viewed it nearly 37 percent declared Trump the winner. Cruz came in second at 25 percent and Rubio in third at 17 percent.  (read more)

Here is a media report of the poll results, as they are being broadcast in Florida:

Trump rubio bush

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

166 Responses to Post Debate Florida Poll – Donald Trump With Commanding Lead 31%…

1. 25% Bushrubio. A.k.a. “Shrub”.

• Spar Harmon says:

AHHHHH! You remember ol’ Texas Molly…. yup Shrub [clapping pinkies roar]

• parteagirl says:

Love the term “UniCandidate!” Maybe we should start calling the main stream media “UniPundits.”

• aur1640 says:

Unipresstitutes?

• don welch says:

bill and hillary….uniliars?

• tinatrent says:

There’s this weird recurring scene in House of Cards: Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright don tight black unitards and go out running through the dark streets of DC. They usually do this after seducing someone into a sex act or committing murder.

I can’t watch it without thinking Bill and Hillary. And I thought if I wrote that down, maybe the image would infest someone else’s mind and leave me in peace.

• shallbe4 says:

In recent days I have been hearing that the Establishment might want Trump over Cruz because Trump is a deal maker.. Cruz is entirely too dogmatic and would not be able to compromise if that should be necessary. If Trump gets in his ability to make deals might mean less executive orders and a better working relationship with Congress.

• parteagirl says:

I think what Trump brings is not the “rouge” executive order type of deals that some are wary of, but the kind of deals made with the massive leverage of the will of the people who have found a advocate in Donald Trump. It will be a bottom-up leverage- citizens putting pressure on their own Congressman, the way it’s supposed to be. The difference this time is that Congress will get pressure from the top as well. They will be squeezed into representing us, is my sincere hope.

• Are the followers of ‘Shrub’ the Knights that say Ni?

2. Dale says:

Most of these people will be gone by the time Florida rolls around. Trump, Bush, Rubio and Cruz will probably be the only ones remaining.

• Doodahdaze says:

The Texas splitter?

• yohio says:

Exactly, I’ve been saying from the beginning if Trump has a brokered convention, it will be the same people yelling need a true conservative supporting Cruz to blame for us getting Bush. If Trump wins first two the push needs to be to convince Cruz supporters to vote Trump, or do they want a brokered convention with Bush being the nominee. Unreal that Cruz going to be the splitter for a brokered convention, conservatives will never learn and guys like Levin and Rush pushing these idiots to fall for it, almost funny if country not in such dire shape. True Conservatives the lovable losers destined to lose and never learn.

• Doodahdaze says:

They never win. They lose and whine. I want to win.

• louche9 says:

I received voter cards reflecting change of affiliation from Ind to Rep for my son and I about 10 days ago. Yay! Really looking forward to voting in that Florida primary.

• Martin says:

Cruz will be long gone by the time Florida rolls around.

• runthetable says:

Trump doesn’t need Iowa or NH. But Trump wants an American MANDATE and loves us all, so he naturally will fight and win in EVERY State, it’s the American way!

• Americafirst16 says:

Agree, the fix is in. I have been a conservative since I cast my first vote for Reagan in1980 and I was attending a very liberal university at the time. As a conservative pure logic only dictates that we must implement Mr. Trump’s plan ASAP or their will be no country that will tolerate any conservative ideas at all. The Cruzbots can not see the forest for the trees. To say people that want to support Trump are authoritarian and do not have conservative values is just a smoke screen. We believe in America first and know that the only way to preserve freedom and liberty here and in the world is to stop the global slavery train at all costs. Trump is the only man that has taken the words from the Declaration of Independence and follows it faithfully in this campaign “We pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred hour.” The rest are just pretenders bought off by the global money interests. God bless, Donald Trump. We are the National Conservatives and the true believers that will preserve our Constitution.
          PS I have listen and loved Rush since he started. After listening to him yesterday he is dead to me. He is just another shill for the “status quo” disguised as a “true conservative.”

• BibleBullet says:

I totally agree! As long as the entire world comes here and votes early and often, the American people don’t have a say in their own elections. We need to end this now, before it’s too late. I live in Orange County, California, and when I was a little girl I watched Loretta Sanchez steal Bob Dornan’s seat with the hordes of illegal immigrants voting for her (illegally). We’ve never been able to get rid of her since. As an adult, I watched my Young Republicans group (back when I still ran with them) try to get rid of her with Van Tran, and fail miserably. You can’t get in anyone remotely conservative into any public office so long as you have the whole world voting fraudulently.

Cruz supporters say that the most important thing this election is the Supreme Court–getting in conservative, constitutionalist nominees. The thing is, the President only nominates to the SC. Who confirms? Right…. Cruz will not win that battle, even if he did theoretically try to fight it. Aside from the fact that Cruz will probably give us another John Roberts voluntarily, we still need representatives who believe in the Constitution and who will confirm a nominee who also believes in the Constitution.

That means we need a wall and deportation, ASAP, so that we can have half a prayer at reclaiming our elections and putting in Constitutionalists.

• shallbe4 says:

I might have agreed with you last week but there are so many problems with honesty in the Cruz camp I doubt whether Republicans who don’t like Cruz anyway would put forth too much effort to make him the nominee.

• WenMaMa says:

I use to like Cruz, but after Cruz’s recent stabbing on TRUMP. He really showed me how disgusting he is. He rely on TRUMP’s supporter for him to win, no chance, he is dreaming. The uglier he shows himself, the more he is self-destruct his own image and political life. If Cruz’s supporters cannot see things straight, that shows their so called “religion” or “conservatism” are fraud and STUPID.

• farid says:

I have been fine with Cruz as my #2 until the last week. Now he’s with the rest of the candidates I would NEVER vote for. Ever. He’s a brilliant guy, but he’s just like all the other politicians who says what he needs to say when he needs to say it. New videos this morning show his stance on what a “natural born citizen” is was different just four years ago. It’s starting to feel like we’re headed down the “I voted for it before I voted against it” road.

Trump has never said he wasn’t a liberal prior to 2008. I don’t care if he was liberal prior to June of this year. If he does what he says he’ll do I just don’t care what he thinks or when he thought it.

I used to have a conservative litmus test, all the way back to my first vote in 1976 (Ford). Look where that has gotten us. If Trump choose the right, I could care less if he never cracks open the Bible.

George W. was a VERY religious man, so much so he couldn’t bring himself to close the border and deprive all those illegals of the American dream. He of all presidents could have done it, just after 9/11, in the name of “national security.” So pardon me if religion takes a back seat to honesty.

• Sandra says:

What happens to the delegates of a candidate if that candidate drops out prior to the convention? Is it more beneficial to the GOPe for the candidate to hang in until the convention? Does the GOPe have more control of the delegates then?

• The delegates are turned over to the GOP to vote their will at the convention.

• Sandra says:

The latest primary with a large number of delegates allocated proportionately is NY on Apr 29, 92 delegates. So I’m expecting the stragglers to hang in at least until that date. The threshold is 20% though, likewise for TX on Mar 1 with a whopping 155 delegates allocated proportionately. If the votes are anything like the polls, then some of the stragglers could walk away with zero delegates from the proportional states. Please please please!

• NYGuy54 says:

I thought all primaries after March 14 were winner take all

• Sandra says:

Here’s what wikipedia says about New York:

Proportional, 20% threshold–At-large delegates are allocated on a winner-take-all basis if a candidate wins more than 50% of the statewide vote.
              The highest vote-getter in a district receives two of the district’s three delegates
              the second-place finisher receives one delegate. If a candidate wins more than 50% of the vote in a district, he or she is awarded all of the district’s delegates.

So if Trump wins more than 50% in each district, it ends up being winner take all for him. Otherwise maybe something close to 2/3. It’s probably better than true proportional. Is it possible that Cruz or Rubio or someone else might win any of the districts in NY?

• Sandra says:

By the way, I see a web site that says GOP primaries on or after March 15 are winner take all. But every breakdown I see shows some proportionals, most are like New York with a second threshold that converts the allocation to winner take all, but Oregon on May 17 appears to be truly proportional with no threshold at all.

3. upaces88 says:

I have seen lies after lies from, of all things, a Tea Party site that was was about Trump NOT Cruz. Someone hi-jacked that one completely FOR CRUZ. I haven’t seen bullies like this since Obama ran the first time and hired people from Craigs List. The Title is for Trump

TEA PARTY MEMBERS HERE IS WHY TED CRUZ SHOULD NEVER BE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE FOR PRESIDENT

• pyromancer76 says:

After the beginning, the TeaParty was never the TeaParty again. It got hijacked; I don’t know how. In my area, lots of people came out to gatherings and meetings at first. When the first organizing attempts began, all my TeaParty reform ideas were turned away for: “The Republicans must win”. I never looked back — except to support the reform ideas. I also think the IRS investigations, still continuing, had a huge effect, unfortunately successful. Could they continue if Congress had done its due diligence? Or would crooks be in jail today? Or would that be impossible because we have had crooks at the top (Department of Justice) since the beginning?

One other nail in the coffin, maybe. Why did Sarah Palin endorse McCain after all she went through? Loyalty, I am told. Gratitude. Sorry, reality must come first. Doesn’t pass the smell test for me. The Uniparty has deep-in-the-unconscious tentacles that have to be brought to light of day in a very careful manner. So much that has been claimed for the Conservative banner is not — or only is in a split-off way. Or maybe the money always gets its man or woman?

• Crassus says:

In the area where I’m from several of the local Tea Party groups got hijacked by Bible thumper types who started pushing social issues instead of the economic and Constitutional ones on which the Tea Party began. Needless to say, this turned off a lot of people and almost all of the groups ended up disbanding.

• Linden says:

The TP groups in my area were largely drawn from social conservatives from the start. All of them were for the limited government/fiscal conservative principles of the TP, but also understood that the moral issues can’t be divorced from the fiscal issues, and never have been, historically.

However, the delusional “libertarians” who attended always thought that everything is about money and libertinism rather than liberty. It was always my impression that there was a place in the TP for people on every side of the political spectrum, as long as they coalesced around the core issues of smaller government and fiscal responsibility.

It was the so-called “libertarians” in my area that created the problems with their contempt for social conservatives, and rabid insistence on ideological purity. Otherwise, they would take their toys and go home… Did not play well with others, and did not work well with consensus. Immature, IMHO.

• tinatrent says:

Well, one of the most pernicious lies was that immigration was a social issue instead of an economic one — and that’s risible, but it was believed.

I’ve seen too many TEA Party groups get hijacked by libertarians who used dirty tactics to insist that their idiosyncratic interpretation of “social versus economic and Constitutional” was the only correct one.

All issues are economic issues in a welfare state, but most particularly immigration and education. And even the issues that don’t seem to impinge upon economics are deployed in ways that affect involvement in politics.

The thing that killed the momentum of the TEA Party was meddling from above — the grifters who used the movement as a personal checkbook — like TEA Party Patriots — and the libertarian billionaires who promised the GOP that they would harness the little people by flattering and distracting them with lots of politically meaningless, time consuming “activities,” events, and push-pull calling campaigns to keep them from addressing issues the GOP didn’t want them to address — most obviously immigration, legal and illegal.

• stillhopeful says:

Pyro, there’s a lot of food for thought in your comments!

Here’s some info on Palin:
        In 2014, Sean Parnell (R) ran for re election as governor against Bill Walker, who switched from R to Ind as of 2014. Walker was R in 2010 when he lost to Parnell.

In the summer of 2014, Palin shockingly switched her support from Parnell (who became governor when Palin dropped out) to Walker, because Parnell dropped some of her old legislation.

Shortly after, Palin had a fund raiser at her home for Walker. It felt like an, “I’ll show you, Sean” moment.

Then, in Sep 2014, Walker suddenly merged his campaign with the rabid D gubernatorial candidate and Alaska native, Byron Mallott, after they were caught meeting secretly (and have continued to refuse
        to divulge details of that meeting). As a result, AK had an Ind gov candidate running with a D lt. gov. candidate, leaving no official D party candidate for governor. The AK Republican Party objected, but AK Supreme Court ruled it as a valid action.

Walker managed to win and he quickly began increasing state spending. AK is now looking at an income tax, depletion of our Permanent Fund, with Walker threatening executive order to get what he wants. We are circling the drain, with an incompetent legislature.

For her part in the 2014 election, I feel Palin chose not to look at the bigger picture: Alaska’s future. Parnell wasn’t perfect, but Walker is off the rails and Alaskans are going to pay dearly.

I have wondered why Palin joined with McCain. They didn’t seem compatible re voter appeal, but she did give da great introductory speech.

About a month ago I saw her tell a reporter that she supported Cruz and oh, Trump too, like he was an afterthought. Not an official endorsement, perhaps an awkward moment. I was under the impression that she was all in for Trump after her giddy interview with him on OANN several months ago. She’s full of surprises, that one.

Apart from politics, Palin is really very likable, can throw you off balance almost instantly. She’ll draw you in like a magnet. Next door neighbor type, at home in jeans, sweatshirt, ponytail, flawlessly beautiful without makeup. Down to earth. It’s understandable why the shallow media wanted to tear her to pieces.

Yesterday, at one of the rallies (Liberty?), Trump said to the students, “…never, never quit…”

Palin quit.

Re the UniTea Party, I have also wondered if it has been hijacked. So many so-called Tea Party candidates have been elected and “switched” after winning. Liberals are like roaches, laying their eggs everywhere.

Time for the exterminator!

TRUMP 2016

• tappin52 says:

You had me thinking right up to the “Palin quit” remark. Everyone knows that she was being personally bankrupted by being forced into litigation by her enemies, and her administration was paralyzed to do anything but prepare for lawsuits.

She did what she felt was right for her state. The other political mistakes were due to her believing what she heard from those other candidates. It is a common mistake of trusting and honest people, in my opinion. I was also fooled by Ted Cruz. But I learned to smarten up. So did Sarah.

• tinatrent says:

What happened was that the GOP recognized the threat and set out, with its vast nonprofit network of organizations, fake grassroots groups and media, to neuter the TEA Party and distract it.

It was painfully easy, and I say that as fervent supporter of the principles and activist efforts of the participants — and I am one.

The Kochs and the rest of the libertarian billionaire wing of the GOP (and they are as much of the establishment as anyone) took the lead. They created fake grassroots groups like AFP (and after the AFP title soured, they spooled out several more groups with different names and also gave money to certain other nonprofits I won’t name here and a few like Heritage that I will). They used these groups and the “TEA Party conferences” that were actually Koch events to flatter and distract — while on the ground they used money and threats to pressure individual TEA groups to shut up about their pet issue: open borders.

That’s how we ended up with the Rubio keynoting a “TEA Party” event in Orlando — with Cruz — directly after he betrayed the base on immigration . . . again. That’s how we ended up with that amnesty bag boy in Washington in the first place.

I’ve been to scores of TEA party meetings, spoken at many and run others. It’s far past time for the movement to mature to the point that they take a hard look at who is funding the network of nationals from which they take guidance or cower beneath — it’s time for them to go back to square one and create a real, bottom-up movement not beholden to these nationals and the handful of grifters who made tons of cash marketing themselves as TEA party leaders.

4. Dale says:

I do not see how Bush and Rubio’s numbers can be taken together in Florida because Florida is a winner-take-all state. If Trump wins he will get all 99 delegates. Where am I wrong?

5. yakmaster2 says:

Jeb! and Rubio are so Me and Mini-Me. All I can figure is their respective supporters see some imaginary distinction in their policy positions.
    Since they’re so interchangeable the fight now between the twins must be about which one’s going to get the GOPe crown and the endorsement roses for the long haul through all the Primaries. I’m really glad their combined poll numbers are below Trump’s. 👍

6. 1american1st says:

Bush & Rubio can’t even win in their own home state… Maybe Floridians are tired of paying for Illegals, too.

• John Galt says:

Relax, Jeb has everything under control.

• onsu says:

In 2006 in Kissimmee FL the workers at McDonalds, Taco Bell, 7-Eleven and Wal-Mart spoke no English. Can’t imagine its better now. All the Floridians I know want them out. In 2006, I believe it was July 4th celebration, the Hispanics wanted to deliver a Spanish version of the Pledge of Allegiance or Star Spangled Banner (can’t remember) and there was a lot of opposition to that. They decided to let them do it – celebration was in Orlando. Next day the newspaper published the English translation = just like the SOTU speech. I don’t remember it all but it included “we shall overcome” (the Americans). Damn right Floridians want them out.

7. Dale says:

Is there a site that shows how many delegates are available from each state, how the delegates are awarded, and the date of the primary. I’d like to run some “what if” analysis for my own edification.

8. criticalbill says:

That tiny Canadian flag next to Cruz cracks me up.

9. KBR says:

One question, why doesn’t Rube have a Cuban flag?

10. chasingfacts says:

I would like to see Trump change up strategy a little. He started doing issue spots every day now on his FB. But how about a Real/Trump Channel on You Tube. Parlay the excitement into direct communication through hot media. Forget these msm’s. He can reach every state- 24/7. Then make trips to states every so often…
    Am noticing a little tick-down on all channels/platforms of Trump referenced stories.
    No one, even if they copy, can match Trump in personality and content.

11. LawrencePaul says:

Thank you, this was a nice reminder for me as to why I dumped my television 40 years ago.
    Television is for entertainment (if you can still call it that) not news.
    Newspapers were dishonest government propagandists in the Napoleonic wars and still are.
    The radio is like Television with presenters who are not good looking enough for television.
    Books and now the internet are generally the best source of information but you have to be extremely selective even with these. Thank goodness for the internet. Donald Trump would have a very hard time cutting out the middle men if not for the internet. Bet Al Gore wishes he hadn’t invented it now.

12. I got a crazy feeling that Huckabee is going to go pro Trump before the whole thing is over. IMO Trump gives Huck a path forward on doing something connected with his administration. It wouldn’t surprise me if it turned into a Trump/Huckabee ticket in the end.

As always, YMMV.

13. Fellow Trump supporters please share this video regarding Cruz’s flip-flops!

Who’s the real Ted Cruz:

14. james23 says:

Well, for folks who still watch Faux News, get ready for lots of
    Breaking!! Bush Surge!
    nonsense

15. Aurelius says:

As I had feared, Trump is beginning to self-destruct with his petty, almost child-like attacks on Cruz. He had a commanding lead in the polls so there was no reason to take the low road as Limbaugh and Levin noted. Attacking Cruz over bank loans, taking his comments about leftist NY values (which everyone knows is true) out of context, saying Cruz can’t get along with the GOPe (thank God for that), the birther BS, and calling Cruz a “nasty” person, etc. etc.

You’re losing me Trump with your pettyness….

16. Forcefed4door says:

I could also see a trump/christie ticket.on a side note I know one thing for sure though, rush Limbaugh is terrible.

17. Sanj says:

18. Sanj says:

As a Floridian, I’m still trying to find a Bush supporter. I can find Hillary and obviously Trump supporters, but no one admits to having any interest in Jeb! ra

• jackmcg says:

The only thing I can think is he may have appeal to elderly seniors, or hispanics with big families who want lots more chain migration.

If you’re not hanging out at senior centers or in the barrios I’d say you’ll never find a Jeb supporter unless they’re being paid.

• onsu says:

Even my confused 80 year old plus mother wants to vote for Trump here in FL. Yesterday she told me make sure I vote for Trump because “if he doesn’t win we’re all going to die.”
        If it gets him another vote, what the heck, I told her to make sure she tells all her friends.

• Mike says:

…[Jeb] may have appeal to elderly seniors
        sounds like a sure sign of dementia

• And he surging??? By faux!!

19. Libertati Aut Ad Mortem says:

Before this election season is over the CoC GOPe will be supporting Bernie Sanders as the true conservative over Trump.

20. PremAmerica says:

The media report of the poll tells you everything doesn’t it!

Bush Surge!!! Timed for late January, exactly as planned! In a way, this is great news for Donald Trump. The head fake with a few goosed-up Cruz polls is now about to be replaced with Bush polls.

Trump NEVER quit knocking Bush even though some stupid pundits were saying he was “punching down.” It seems clear that Trump has a copy of the GOPe playbook.

• don welch says:

for a couple of weeks now trump has been chatting about drug use. i believe (have not read it anywhere however) that is a direct shot across the bow of bush’s problem son. trump never speaks, breaths or moves without a plan. ‘the art of war’ ,,,,sun tzu.

• jackmcg says:

could be. Also New Hampshire apparently has a large drug problem so they all get lots of questions about it.

• John Galt says:

“that is a direct shot across the bow of bush’s problem son”

And a broadside into Jeb himself.

• TheFightingMan says:

Yeb’s! problem drug addict kid is his daughter Noelle. She was sent to drug rehab when Yeb! was Guv…for passig fake Xanax scrips in the dead of night at a 24 hor CVS, IIRC. She was caught, IIRC, with a rock of crack in her shoe while at rehab. She seems to have gotten it together, or at least managed to stay out of the headlines, since Yeb! left office. One of Yeb’s! sons was caught climbing into an ex girlfriend’s window at night, but the girl’s family didn’t press charges.

Yeb’s! spawn appear to do all sorts of things for which we average Joes would be imprisoned–yet they skate every time with little or no jail (note NOT State prison) time. Reason enough to never vote for the weirdo. I can’t copy the link using this tablet, but heavy.com has an article on both of these rogue ‘kids.’ Politico.com also has an article about this. And I lived through Noelle’s shenannigans when I lived on Tallahassee.

P.S., Why would any alpha vote for this milquetoast beta, um, gamma, hmmm, shall we try epsilon? He comes across as henpecked, unsure of himself, and dissociated. I want to hurl every time I see that flabby, feminine mug of his.

• georgiafl says:

Worse than the children is Mrs. Jeb!’s attempt to smuggle foreign goods into the US without paying customs duty.

• By voting for Jeb you get all the clowns from the Bush circle of influence back in power at the Federal level. That means Jeb is a puppet POTUS just like George Dubya was… This is why Jeb, who cannot seem to understand how China operates or what ISIS stands for, thinks he is the best pick for foreign policy. He will delegate it all to daddy’s ex-CIA buddies to handle while he figures out what his cut is from the family drug running schemes starting back up.

21. don welch says:

the GOPe has a problem. if they somehow block trump at this point they lose up to 70% of his support and probably get swamped in november. if they don’t block him and he gets the nod, there so many GOPe sycophants that he may not be able to win either. remember how we all thought romney was a shoe in. either way, a fractured gop is a winner for hillary and that’s why she hasn’t been indicted yet. obama is waiting to see of the gop will rally around a nominee sufficiently to produce a winner. that’s not the case as yet and frankly, i don’t see it happening. bush/rubio/cruz are nothing but the same ole same ole dodge and weave rino go along to get along two step shuffle. trump has a great message but he is a cleaver guy make no mistake. ‘replace’ obamacare with what? trumpcare? bail out drug users? no tweaking of ssa (that i am on)? that’s not a viable plan going forward and younger taxpayers should know it. i am not anti-trump and i intend to vote for him but we need to keep our eyes open.

22. boutis says:

How accurate are the polls? I still am having people tell me they are for Trump but won’t tell that to their spouses, employers, crazy sister in laws, neighbors, etc because they don’t want a fight or to be called names. I have told pollsters (most Democrat) that I am voting for Bernie! or it is none of their business. If a journalist asked me I would tell them to go pester someone else. The media, Democrats, eGOP, and now Cruz calling everyone names from racist to not pure enough conservative is disgusting and clams everyone up. Trump’s push-back is symbolic and representative because we are sick of it. Let’s vote!

23. John Galt says:

“In Florida Donald Trump holds a commanding lead with 31%, Cruz second with 19%”

Florida is winner take all, right? Cruz, with 19%, is the first loser.

24. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

If the GOPe is successful in blocking Trump (through all the trickery identified by Sundance) and picks Jeb Bush as the candidate then that guarantees that the Democrat will win be it Hillary or Sanders. The GOPe does not want to win the Presidency for if that would happen than there would be no reason why they could not change things — They do not want to change anything they are happy with all the existing legislation just as it is!

• stringy theory says:

I think you are right. But I say if the GOPe blocks Trump through, as you say, trickery, then I for one will vote against every Republican in my state from the top down, Governor, House, Senate, etc. That is to say, I think that would signal that it’s time to burn the GOP down and build a new party out of its ashes. I will not stay home, I’ll be there to vote for Trump, but if they knock him out, I will be looking for payback. I think quite a few others will do the same. It may be OK for the GOPe and its handlers to have Hillary or Sanders, but I doubt all the down-ticket GOP members will want to lose their jobs just to make that happen.

25. Sandra says:

A Time article from Oct 2015 (http://time.com/4059030/republican-primary-calendar-2016-nomination-convention/) says this:

What about Rule 40? This obscure rule passed to prevent Paul from being nominated on the convention floor in 2012, requires that candidates win a majority of eight delegations to be entered into nomination and have their delegates counted. It is almost certain to be amended in the week leading up to the GOP convention, depending on circumstances. (For instance, the minimum could move higher, in the case of a clear nominee, or lower, if there’s a contested convention.)

Can they change the rules just before the convention? They’ll probably drop the Rule 40 threshold to zero to allow Bush to remain a candidate. I am expecting nothing less than shady from this party, anything to try to knock Trump out.

• Sandra says:

Using info from the Time article, here are the winner take all states and their delegate counts. I did not verify any of this info. A couple of the states have a threshold, winner takes all IF the winner gets at least 50% of the votes.

SC 50
      IN 57
      NE 36
      CA 172
      MT 27
      NJ 51
      SD 29

If Trump were to win these states, he’d have 979 delegates from them. He needs 1236 to win the nomination outright from the remaining states that award their delegates proportionately. It’s pretty clear why the candidates who don’t have a chance are hanging in. The GOPe needs their delegates.

26. Ron Hyatt says:

Not voting for anyone but Trump. Even if I have to write it in.

27. RINOKiller says:

When I saw the Cruz-RINObio-Jebra positioning. It was going in the fourth position, not the third, to watch. Cruz and RINObio are ineligible thus thrusting Jebra into second place.

Peabrain knew what he was doing when he did not reject those two ineligibles from running for president

28. chasingfacts says:

Wonder how many states permit a last minute write in / if the case they freeze/Cheat out our candidate-
    Donald J Trump.

29. RINOKiller says:

Roger Stone’s book on the Bushes is coming out

This is expected to be devastating

and an annihilating blow to that legacy.

Trump knows about counter-timing.

30. Benson II says:

The article said Rubio would eventually defer to his mentor Jeb. Looks like he already has since his new proposal of Amnesty will most assuredly take him down in the polls. In some polls it already has. I realize this isn’t the same as getting out and supporting Jeb but it looks like a start since Rubio knows this stance on illegals will hurt him and he’s been avoiding it until now.

31. Anyone knows Iowa polls? Sundance? No one is putting the polls out except for national polls!

32. jameswlee2014 says:

For President:

John Edsel Bush!

33. ** New Morning Consult Poll **

Trump 39%

Eduardo 13%

Rubes 9%

Carson 8%

Jeb! 7%

Everyone else 3% or less…

34. Rebel Mope says:

The New York Slimes is saying Sarah Palin “endorses” trump.

Trump is finished. where’s Bluto?

35. NHVoter says: