December 18th – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion Thread

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “2016 Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Presidential Race and/or any of the candidates therein.

GOP candidates 2 mashup

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

346 Responses to December 18th – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion Thread

1. I’m gonna have to disagree with Trump when he says that the low-poll candidates should get out of the race. It’s because of what Sundance told us about the splitter strategy. We know that the GOP will try to have one of their puppets left standing for the nomination. The longer this race and the debates go on, the more we see of the other candidates and the more exposed they are. Examples: Fiorina – In the first debate, she was lauded for her knowledge and presentation so her poll numbers went up. Look at where she is now. We’re tired of the gender card, her snippy interruptions, and her scripted speech. Carson – In the beginning, Rush gushed all over him and said he was the nicest person in the entire world and a genius. Now Ben has fallen apart. Today we see that Rubio missed the Senate vote on this spending bill and Grahamnesty voted for it. But with Trump, the more we see him, the more we like him – both on the issues and personally. The man just keeps getting stronger as the race goes on.

• PremAmerica says:

I agree with you! Let them all stay in.

I especially want to see Carson, Santorum, and Huckabee in there for a while. Split the “values voters” in Iowa and make sure Cruz has no chance.

After Iowa they can all go bye bye!

I am sensing a little complacency here about Trump. Hopefully just the Christmas mood.

Ya’ll better come ready to fight in January. Don’t forget Thad Cochran. The worst is yet to come. Bush wont go away easily.

2. Dora says:

3. TheTorch says:

Glen Beck ALL IN for Cruz:

Glenn: Ted Cruz was Raised to be President
    Following a lively discussion on immigration and amnesty, Glenn turned the topic to Ted Cruz’s background. As many know, Cruz’s parents were Cuban immigrants who came to America having experienced first hand the Castro regime. However, their experience was different than most Cuban immigrants.

Not surprising at all considering all the anti-Trump nonsense he has been spewing for months now.

However, it is interesting in this regard, he has spent these last few months interviewing the other candidates and boosting them along the way, he even had a little fling with Rubio. Now he has settled on Cruz, because he thinks Cruz is the only one that can stop Trump.

Pretty much sums Beck up in a nutshell, his hatred for Trump really is quite something and as I posted before in another thread I think a lot of it has to do with envy it is not just politics.

• Martin says:

Beck has completely lost it.

• mad3703 says:

Wild Bill issued a video today saying Beck was no longer his friend. Apparently Beck said any Tea Party person that supported Trump was a racist.

• ediegrey says:

Funny how Levin and Rush go all in for Cruz at the same time. I guess they got their orders.

• deanna laurence says:

i used to think beck was very imformative, exposing soros etc, at the same time he reminded me of someone thumb-sucking in a corner. You have to be really careful of that type. I believe they have fractured egos, survive on knowing lots of facts, think that makes them the smartest person in the room. Too big a need to be always right and very likely he is jealous of someone who is instinctually brilliant and especially a DOER. He has most likely spent his life talking. I feel bad for him, but I don’t trust his opinions at all.

4. the5thranchhand says:

What an adorable picture! Lovely! Just lovely!

5. Trumped says:

Cruz on greta again stammering around on immigration. Lots of things to disseminate.
    He’s a mess.
    Again pushing the idea he defended the gang of 8 with a poison bill lol.

We will build a wall: “double layered fencing” lol
    “We enforce the law and the problem will solve itself”

Supported illegals to be legal but never allowed to be citizens.
    Hiding behind Jeff Sessions and Rush Limbaugh(paid through advertisments) HAHAHA

hmmmmmmm..

6. I posted this in the Ryan Omnibus article but I am reposting it here as I think it applies as well:
    I’m not a real deep thinker, so maybe this is off the rails. While working today I was only able to periodically scan CTH. I caught Omnibus spending fiasco.

God has a plan. I wonder if the Romney/Ryan was allowed to happen so that we got another 4 years of Obama and finally control of both house and Senate so they could really give us all the middle finger. I wonder if this was allowed to happen so that the silent majority that was seething beneath the surface would be ready, in now uncertain terms for Donald Trump 2016.

I think what is happening now with Speaker Ryan is the final nail in the coffin. Dems, Repubs, Independents, non-voters are seeing the light and it is Donald Trump. We are on life support. If he isn’t elected, we are doomed.

I pray for Donald Trump and his family and all the Treepers. Thank GOD for Sundance, he removed my blinders.

And BTW folks, be sure your little finger finds the DONATE BUTTON.

7. rashamon says:

Repeat: are we Citizens or are we Subjects? Didn’t we fight this war to insure individual rights?

BTW, Trump, for all that he may be able to lead us away from oligarchy, I will not become his Subject.

• Martin says:

We aren’t subjects to anyone.

• rashamon says:

Right. And he, to date, is the sole candidate addressing the integrity of the U.S. of A. Borders, laws, contracts, fiduciary responsibility, military command. We can understand these roles as one representing our rights set forth in The Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Done.

• rashamon says:

Actually, I just want all these people on the D.C. payroll to go home. Get a job bussing in a restaurant, plant some trees, clean the refuse off the streets, teach a kid to read. Bring an innovative idea from the board to market. No subsidies; no loops. Grow up, Put on your Big Boy Pants.

If you have some dimes, invest in a community — not an earth-shattering project — just kick-off a self-sustaining garden for an 8-block area. Get off the government/NGO payroll. Pure, clean balance sheets.

Social justice is not about making every human equal; it IS about making each person seek a responsible place in society, Respect. That comes from inside. It’s not gifted upon you. Nobel prizes are just a bunch of jerks trying to win favor for dues paid down the road. Same for most celebrity awards. The best kudos are paid quietly, amongst friends and flowers and birds flitting.

8. tammy says:

I must of missed where Rushbo endorsed Cruz.. Levin I heard go for Cruz. But I love Rush and Levin but will vote TRUMP all day long! TRUMP/USA!