November 20th – 2016 Presidential Election Open Thread

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “2016 Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Presidential Race and/or any of the candidates therein.

GOP candidates 2 mashup

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

269 Responses to November 20th – 2016 Presidential Election Open Thread

1. redlegleader says:

Forgive me for not reading all the posts down to here, but I did want to post this as the item has been all over the news. This is Rush’s take down of the media vis a vi the “database.”
    FTA: “RUSH: The Drive-Bys are trying to destroy the two leading Republicans again today, Donald Trump and Ben Carson. They are doing a terrific job of taking Trump out of context.”

2. TheTorch says:

OK everybody needs to see this VIDEO, want to know what some of our allies actually think of Obama? How about Egypt – Absolutely brutal take down of Obama:

The world is openly mocking this idiot!

3. NJF says:

Jumping in quickly before I go out. trump and his Muslim database a Yuge topic on the FIve. I thought Juan was gonna have a stroke & he totally went with the nazi meme.

The others tried to defend the inaccurate way it’s being portrayed.

FYI, HE’ll be on Greta tonight live. Kimberly is hosting, and she vowed to let him speak to the issue.

Hopefully I’ll be home before the BW interview!

• kpm58 says:

Isn’t DHS and the FBI already have a database?
      What will DHS and the FBI do with the data they obtain from the refugees?

Are DHS and the FBI agencies of the Nazi Party? What that make Obama?

• bleep21k says:

In all honesty, as GOD is my witness – each and every American man, woman and child has an EXISTING account on some Database – be it government controlled or otherwise – “big data” used for BI (business Intelligence).

ISPs (Internet Service Providers), Health Insurance providers (ACA), Vehicle permits and registration, cell phones, schools, churches, retailers and their “valued customers”, etc., etc. etal, and on and on…Social Media for godness sakes lol. I work in network administration on a college campus, I know the need for things like Java coding, and the requirements for back-end applications for EVERY Industry is…well YUGE!!

After Snowden…the MSM has to be joking!

Simple answer – Muslims in a database? Why not I’m in about a dozen today!!

4. TwoLaine says:

Jeb! was just on The Michael Medved right now. Caught it by accident. Said some very wacko thing about not being the frontrunner, etc. Definitely worth a listen to, when you are ready for a nap.

5. azgary says:

Donald Trump rally moves to Myrtle Beach Convention Center
    MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – The “Trump for President” rally scheduled for Tuesday, November 24 has been moved to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center due to overwhelming demand and capacity limitations, campaign officials announced Friday.

Donald Trump was originally expected to speak at Broadway at the Beach, but will now be speaking at the convention center, located at 2101 North Oak Street. Doors open at 4 p.m., and the even begins at 7 p.m., according to South Carolina For Donald Trump on Facebook.

WMBF News will bring you live coverage of the event throughout the afternoon, and will broadcast Trump’s appearance live and commercial-free at 7 p.m. We will also be live-streaming the event on WMBFNews.com and covering the rally on our Facebook page and Twitter account, @WMBFNews.

6. Lou Hobbs commentary tonight was great and pro Trump. Lou is fighting his employer.

7. nwtex says:

I look at the calendar for today but can’t figure out which thread to best put this on. I did a word search on this “….Election OT” tread and don’t believe it has been posted here. So guess I’ll leave here.

GOP Operative Plans ‘Guerrilla Campaign’ Against Donald Trump
    Updated Nov. 20, 2015

also—>

Liz Mair, former online communications director of the Republican National Committee, recently created Trump Card LLC to “defeat and destroy” the celebrity businessman’s candidacy, according to a memo obtained by The Wall Street Journal […]

• All I can say is what losers!

In light of Trump’s very accurate predictions and vision of what is important in America right now, all those ads will just come off looking petty and like polished establishment BULLoney!

I remember always seeing them and never believing any of them in past campaigns dating back to forever. Always have that polished robotic voice and just sound all the same and phony too. I say they won’t hurt Trump at all and will actually backfire on all of them.

AMERICA WILL HEAR ONLY ONE THING: AND COME HELL OR HIGH WATER THEY WANT THAT WALL!

• moogey says:

nwtex, :0) Sundance posted a thread yesterday dealing with this Super-PAC. You might want to consider posting your comment to that thread as well, (if it has not already been posted there.)

8. Like

• auscitizenmom says:

I watched the whole show. I thought it was great. He came off looking like a really nice human being. But, then, I am a one-dimensional thinker. 🙄

• TheTorch says:

I do indeed, and you made some very very astute observations, some of which were applicable to the show tonight.

I think you are right that you have to be very careful with this stuff, but I will say that I thought the program overall treated Trump fairly and Melania, the family came across very well.

Melania handled herself perfectly, and better than they probably hoped or expected (with regard to ABC). I do think that one thing Melania does is blunt the anti-immigrant narrative that the media have tried to pin on Trump, as she is an immigrant from Slovenia, it goes against the unfair narrative they have tried to push at times, which I think is a very positive thing.

Appreciate the duplicitous media can also spin that or anything else into a negative, as they really are reprehensible, but I think overall this was a big thumbs up for Trump tonight and for some people who were on the fence about him, might just push them into his corner.

I think though protecting the family and keeping them mostly off the campaign trail as he has done is wise, no need for them to be caught up in some of the nonsense the media flings, like the database lie today. Most of the media are evil, that is certainly how I feel anyway, they really are truly vindictive, soulless individuals.

• Lulu says:

I agree with every thing you wrote. I think DJT should make the fact that his mother was an immigrant from Scotland more well-known. His 1st wife wife was also an immigrant (the fact that his his 3rd wife is another immigrant should prove he doesn’t hold a grudge). The media keep trying to paint him as a bigoted, anti-immigrant nativist.

9. Ivehadit says:

Yes, but I have to say that I am glad to have had this interview played tonight. And that’s as far as I want to elaborate.
    Go Donald!

10. Lulu says:

20/20 with Barbara Walters – “Meet the Trumps” – Fantastic, Huge, Beautiful.
    Best thing BW has ever done. She couldn’t tear him down, no matter what. The family knocked her out.
    This was the best TV show since the opening of Disneyland with Ronald Reagan, Art Linkletter and Bob Cummings!
    He really is, as Mark Levin stated, “the blue collar billionaire.” He’s Everyman,

11. Donald Trump 20/20 Barbara Walters FULL Interview – 11/20/15

Donald Trump 20/20 Barbara Walters FULL Interview – 11/20/15

• THE GRANDCHILDREN was the tie breaker!! To just see his older children accomplished and successful, all get along like best friends and even co-workers, each can hold their own was one thing. But to see Trump with his grandkids showed a family man, loving, and relaxed around children. A 100% solid family. Maybe even Brady-Bunch like.

I don’t think people will hold it against Melania for being a model in her youth. Perhaps if this was 1980s maybe, but not in 2015-2016. She’s obviously a loving and devoted wife and mother. And as she said she was a paid professional model.

He’s got a lovely family. I think really the only thing his detractors don’t like is they are jealous of him, if anything. He’s not only rich, he enjoys life passionately, something lacking in a lot of rich people I have met. He’s like a blue collar guy who is rich at the same time.

The shots of his rallies really show the immensity of support and enthusiasm and legitimacy of his campaign, making the other candidates pale in comparison, looking like sore losers and hanger-on-ers. It almost left me with the thought that all the others are just dragging the entire campaign down and they look petty even running. That’s not to say that candidates like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul or Mike Huckabee don’t have anything to offer to the conversation, because they do. But not as the leader. Trump is a real leader. Strong, decisive, and smart and a winner.

America needs to win. She’s been beaten for so long. Trump makes us remember what it used to be like when we used to win.

I do agree with Torch too about Melania blunting any attempt for his detractors to paint him out to be anti-immigrant, when she herself is one.

As for Hillary, what 1st family does she have to offer? Her and elderly Bill and Chelsea sitting in a living room pretending to be in love and a happy family, with that tense vibe all around them?

Any attacks come against Trump might just find themselves back firing against a nice man with a nice family, a grandfather. The only people that will like those attack ads will be those who are jealous and haters, but they were never part of his support anyway.

I’m really impressed with the interview and even though they tried to show clips of his insults at the beginning, that became obvious it was for campaigning when contrasted with the real Donald Trump at home with his kids.

THE GRANDKIDS DID IT FOR ME! Just showed his soft side so much!

• auscitizenmom says:

Yes. I felt it was totally positive. I actually felt very happy after watching it. All the half-siblings get along, as well as all the grandchildren with each other. If there was a weak link, it was Tiffany. She seemed not to be as close as the others, but I think that would be totally normal. She certainly was enthusiastic though. Really lovely family.

• TheTorch says:

Agree very much with the comments above from Moni and aus, the interview showed his softer side and the family, which is a good thing, as it shows him as being great in every way, also good for people to see, as they usually will only see the other side.

12. rhobin8301 says:

I just got an email in response to signing up to work for team Trump in Tn…so excited! Hope my link works….