NBC National Poll – Trump Leads, Cruz Catches Carson Again…

The media narratives are nothing if not predictable – The latest NBC Poll (pdf below) reflects the preferred media candidate shifting. Ben Carson on the decline, Ted Cruz rising with the assist of disenfranchised Carson supporters, Rubio steady mid-range and Jeb comfortably playing possum.

Captain Obvious says: if you look at longer term NBC/Survey Monkey polling you find this current poll positioning is essentially right where the top-tier was in August just before Operation Hummingbird kicked in.

What that reflects is exactly what we’ve been outlining. The shaking of the field is nothing more than media grabbed the candidates like a snow globe – shook em’ up – and now the race settles right back where it was originally when the debates started. See:

NBC Survey Monkey

(click to enlarge)

(Via NBC)  In the Republican primary race, the newest NBC News/SurveyMonkey online poll shows Donald Trump has the frontrunner spot to himself, with 28% support among Republican and independent voters who lean Republican. Support for Ben Carson, who was tied with Trump in last month’s online poll, has fallen off by 8 points and the former neurosurgeon is now tied with Ted Cruz at 18%. Trailing not too far behind is Marco Rubio, at 11%. The next tier of candidates has a lot of catching up to do, with Jeb Bush at 4% and Chris Christie and Carly Fiorina each with 3%.

During the volatile primary season, the attention that is gained from being the lead candidate in the polls can be a mixed blessing. The media tends to shift its focus to those candidates leading the race – and that spotlight can seem especially harsh to those who are newer to the political scene. At the same time, rival candidates are quick to target any apparent or imagined flaw of those in the lead. This is what happened to Ben Carson during the last two weeks, as he came under scrutiny for biographical details in his memoir and criticism for his lack of foreign policy expertise.  (read more)

The larger goal of the RNC/GOPe/Globalists doesn’t change:

…”REMOVE TRUMP – Then Ben Carson becomes Herman Cain, Ted Cruz becomes Newt Gingrich, and Jeb/Marco settle in to the Romney position in 2012″….

Remove Trump the GOPe road map gets right back on track.   Remove Trump the 2016 presidential race becomes a forgone conclusion.  Remove Trump and you get Jeb Bush as the GOPe nominee.

Notice the essential element?

…..”Remove Trump“.

This entry was posted in Carly Fiorina, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

117 Responses to NBC National Poll – Trump Leads, Cruz Catches Carson Again…

1. flyanddive says:

Hopefully Trump can increase his support, but for now, I think the primary is going to come down to what Ted Cruz wants to do, if he stays in, it goes brokered, if he drops, Trump takes it. If Ted thinks he can get the GOPe to select him based on a brokered RNC, then he is an epic fool. I hope he is working with Trump, and will drop out at the right moment.

• sundance says:

• Sentient says:

operative word being “presented”…

• sammyhains says:

I’ve been saying for a month that Ted Cruz is going to be the next candidate promoted to stop Trump. They realize now that you need to go after Trump’s supporters with a similar candidate, and Ted Cruz is the most similar.

The difference between Cruz and Carson is that Ted Cruz has real staying power. He’s not an unknown flavor of the month that fades once he becomes better known.

You may think the GOPe would be concerned that they could create a Ted Cruz juggernaut, but actually I believe that is now their plan.

The GOPe now knows they cannot win at the ballot box. So what they are going to do now is push Cruz and try to nominate him.
        But once Cruz gets the nomination, phase 2 goes into effect.
        Ted Cruz was born in Canada, and is vulnerable to disqualification.
        The GOPe will take Cruz to court and challenge his eligibility. They’ll make sure they get a liberal judge who hates Ted Cruz. A little judge-shopping in no problem.

The GOP will argue, and the judge will likely grant, that the court follows the precedent set in New Jersey when Bob Torricelli dropped out. In that case, the New Jersey Supreme Court over-ruled the law and said Torricelli’s name could be removed, and the Democrat Party got to pick a new candidate. No primary, no campaign, just a smokey backroom, and boom! New hand-picked candidate.

The Republicans Party, having succeeded in removing Ted Cruz from the ballot, will then get to choose his replacement. Which will be: Jeb Bush.

Boom. Done deal.

• DieselDane14 says:

I think that is the plan. I’m glad Cruz is in the race because he is like Trump destroying the establishment message as well as keeping Jeb from gaining any evangelical grass roots support. I think Trump and Cruz are friends and Cruz will help take down Marco Rubio and then step out and let Trump defeat Jeb Bush.

• PatriotKate says:

I disagree. I think Cruz is a phony who is trolling Trump. While I admire a lot of what he has done to shake things up, his positions on way too many things are Establishment NeoCon. He’s backed down and, as a chameleon is parroting what appears to be working for Trump. If it turns out he’s working with Trump, I’ll be surprised but happy. I do notice that Trump never says anything negative about him for the most part.

• jackmcg says:

any time before Texas would be the right time for Cruz to drop, in my opinion.

2. Martin says:

Trump has got this, folks.

3. Martin says:

Trump responds:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 37m37 minutes ago
    I didn’t suggest a database-a reporter did. We must defeat Islamic terrorism & have surveillance, including a watch list, to protect America

• Plain Jane says:

Rush suggested spreading this far and wide (my words).

“Drive-Bys Lie and Claim Donald Trump Said Register All Muslims November 20, 2015
      BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
      RUSH: The Drive-Bys are trying to destroy the two leading Republicans again today, Donald Trump and Ben Carson. They are doing a terrific job of taking Trump out of context. He was leaving the stage, I guess it was last night, he was doing a personal appearance somewhere, he was leaving the stage, he’s finished, and a Drive-By gets amongst the autograph speakers and starts peppering him with questions. He answered a question and it’s how the reporter is purposely misinterpreting it to say that Donald Trump last night said that he’s in favor of a registration database of all Muslims in the US, and everybody in the Drive-Bys has run with it, and he didn’t say it. We have the audio sound bite coming up to illustrate it…”
      Much more transcript at link. Unfortunately even Cruz bit on this falsehood.

• Stinky-Inky says:

If people don’t want a database, they need to build a time machine and go back and vote for Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012. He was only one talking about NSA databases then. But Ron Paul was ridiculed and derided by the GOPe and the media–the same people that are expressing their faux outrage about Trump today.

• Les says:

I’m not outraged, I do think that headline makes Trump sound a certain kind of way. I’m glad it isn’t accurate.

The NSA is the reason I don’t have a Smart TV and keep a sticker on my computer’s camera lens. They keep more than a database.

Why doesn’t the NSA stop all the domestic ISIS recruiting if they know everything? Anybody have a good answer?

• Les says:

I’m glad you posted that. I wasn’t a fan of the Islamic database because it reminded me of tracking Jews. I’m glad you clarified that because I agree with a watch list as opposed to a database.

4. be says:

Talked to a displaced Missourian. Left because Missouri is in a mess. Guess why? He is a Trump fan. Add one to Texas !!! Gooooo Donald and ty Sundance and ty all you peeps !!

5. Nightcrawler says:

In general, I think the GOPe assault on Donald Trump will be pretty good for him in the sense that it may push him to ‘refresh’ and expand his message. 28% to 40% of those Republicans who are paying some attention is well and good, but it is, nevertheless, a pretty small portion of the electorate over-all.
    The Rovette’s are small ball at best. It took a Supreme Court ruling to get W into the White House, then as sitting president against a very weak Kerry, Bush’s margin of victory in the popular vote was the smallest ever for a reelected incumbent president. They’ve dropped the ball ever since.

The Obama/Clinton machine is going to be much, much nastier. There is no chance that the President will ‘butt out’. He’ll be campaigning against the Republican nominee right to the end.

Trump will have to be very adept at countering a wide range of attacks and not just from the politicos, but from the ‘talking heads’, the Hollywood squares and the social media mafia. It is going to be some kinda great game and I’m looking forward to it.

• theManyFacetsOfTrump says:

Hillary will be easy. run ads of Huma’s email where she wrote that Hillary “is often confused”. Then show video of her bumbling answers to questions, stumbling around as she walks, and flash “space cadet” looks in her photos. Then bring up the email server and the probability it was hacked, then ask if she should be president, a president without a security clearance.

• jello333 says:

No, no, no. He should NOT make fun of her physical problems in any direct way. Imagine you’re a person out there watching such an ad, imagine YOU have physical problems similar to Hillary’s… I don’t think that would go over so well.

6. SouthCentralPA says:

Okay, at the risk of getting slagged again, is Trump planning on being his own vice-president, or why not Trump-Cruz ?

7. yy4u says:

Rove is a Republican.
    Rove is Republican Establishment.
    Republican Establishment/Reince Preibus forced Trump to sign “the pledge” to support the eventual nominee.
    BUT if the Establishment is doing everything they can to undermine Trump then they have reneged on the pledge and Trump no longer is beholden.
    He has the money to self fund a Third Party Campaign.
    He might not win but what does it matter to us because there is NO DIFFERENCE between Jebbush and Hillary Clinton so far as governing goes. Was there any difference between Bill Clinton and Bush pere? Did George W. Bush do anything to secure the border? Bush Clinton/Clinton Bush — two sides of the same coin.

• be says:

agree! none of them agreed to the pledge or did I miss that . If so they are violating their honor. We are with Trump where ever he goes !!!

• mariner says:

TOUCHSTONE
        By my knavery (if I had it), then I were. But if you swear by that that is not, you are not forsworn. No more was this knight swearing by his honor, for he never had any; or if he had, he had sworn it away before ever he saw those pancakes or that mustard.

William Shakespeare in “As You Like It” Act 1 Scene 2

• noritadek says:

I despise Rove so much! The guy is a shame for the country. POS!!!!!!!

• ron hyatt says:

I’m not voting GOP if it’s not Trump. Good luck with that, losers.

8. I hope Cruz doesn’t get all of Carson’s supporters.

• Nightcrawler says:

I’ll bet the ‘Rovenistas’ are thrilled to see Carson fading and want very much to see his support go to Cruz (for now). Looks like Cruz will get the big push and every effort will be made to make him appear to be surging and to be the ‘natural heir’ vis-a-vis the evangelical vote.

Bush couldn’t hold serve, send in Fiorina.
      Fiorina couldn’t hold serve, send in Rubio.
      Rubio couldn’t hold serve, send in Kac….wait!
      Carson has just gone on the ‘physically unable to perform’ list, send in Cruz!

9. John Galt says:

Let’s keep it real.
    Trump 48
    Carson 8
    Cruz 8

10. screwauger says:

Let’s not forget SD’s admonition yesterday, DT would be wise to keep TC at “arms length” for the foreseeable future. THere is little to confirm that Cruz is not working for McConnell and the boys.

• Galadriel says:

Agreed. I really don’t understand the love for Cruz.

• mariner says:

Why do you believe there is “love for Cruz”?

Have you seen anything to evidence it, other than mainstream media polls and reports?

People who ought to know better are ignoring that his wife works for Goldman Sachs, and that he has publicly favored amnesty-by-some-other-name, as well as expanding the H1-B program.

• Les says:

What don’t you understand exactly? Have you researched his voting record for yourself? Cruz has had a few missteps, but he has been there for Americans and has done the right thing most of the time, even if it wasn’t popular with the sell-outs.

It doesn’t matter to you what the man has done good for this country? You are talking negatively about Ted Cruz in favor of Trump who doesn’t have a voting record to compare?

Why can’t we have more than one decent American in this country? I don’t like this trend. People are quick to talk crap about someone who has been one of the only decent representatives we have had lately.

How do you NOT have “love” for the man? Are the politics of this election more important to you than the work that has been done on your behalf?

I plan to vote for Trump, but as a grown-up, I can do it without having to hate Cruz.

• Les says:

I don’t mind people posting SUPPORTED reasons they don’t like a particular candidate, but misstatements and disloyalty irritate me. So does the infantile peer pressure meant to shame others into silence or changing their votes. Anybody who is afraid to speak up, or who changes their vote because some stranger on the Internet said so, shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Fair weather friends are the worst. I know I won’t agree with everything Cruz does, and I’m not voting for him, but I’m not going to pooh-pooh away everything good the man has done for this country. I’m not going to belittle his record.

The best way to support Trump is to be a good example of a Trump supporter by not playing dirty. TRUMP doesn’t even talk this much crap about Cruz. Why would anybody else?

• Galadriel says:

You seem awfully defensive about Cruz from a very simple statement I made. I don’t understand why people love him so much and see him as presidential because 1. He is a first term senator that has little track record of getting things done. 2. He comes across as very unlikeable to some people (like me). Maybe some don’t see that, but it is an issue. 3. His positions on immigration and trade are very sketchy. And these issues are no small matter. 4. His loyalties and trustworthiness are questionable based on his wife’s job, off/on support for McConnell and issues with PAC money.

Maybe Cruz is the best of a rotten bunch, but I still don’t get the adoration that some have for him. Sundance has outlined many reasons to be wary of Cruz. Just because we are wary doesn’t mean we are trashing him, or that we diminish the good things he has accomplished (whatever those things may be).

• Les says:

I responded to the “nah, nah, you love Cruz” tone of the post. It wasn’t a “simple statement,” it was meant to belittle people who aren’t willing to shift with the wind and discount all someone has done for this country. You can pretend I was being “defensive” if you want. I wouldn’t have thrown out the “adoration” line with all the Trumphoria I see posted. Strikes me as hypocritical.

As a junior senator, Cruz has a very good record: https://ballotpedia.org/Ted_Cruz He sponsored 59 pieces of legislation, most of it good for our country. Ted Cruz was also the Solicitor General for Texas and a law clerk for the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He also sits on some VERY import committees and subcommittees. But I guess you can dismiss that, too, if you choose.

“I don’t like his wife” seems to be a consensus. I’m not sure why, I’m thinking it’s solely because of the name of her workplace. If that’s enough of a reason for some, that’s their choice.

I’m loyal, was raised that way. I’m not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater because I know it will take more than one man to run this country.

If someone is going to throw down the gauntlet, I’m going to pick it up. I’m not going to be shamed into silence, especially when it is fickleness that lacked any substance. You asked, I answered.

• JRD says:

I worked the phones to get Cruz his senate seat. I am angry that I wasted my time. Two years into his term and he decides to pull an 0bama and run for POTUS.

That means he lied and was insincere about being a senator.

I thought we were creating resistance to those old, corrupt bulls in the senate.

A freshman senator with no executive experience is who 0bama was. If 0bama was an empty suit so are Cruz, Rubio, and Paul.

Sorry, I am not a hypocrite. I also do not see how a freshman senator, LAWYER, with no executive experience who is not well versed in finance can turn this country around.

So, no, I will not be voting for Cruz. He also has lost my trust. His word means nothing.

You want to consider that trash talk, go ahead. I believe trust is earned and pride myself on not being an easy sell.

• screwauger says:

As for me, I am on the record that minus DT my vote would go to TC. TC is the most conservative choice minus DT period. With a trust but verify approach, I agree with SD that there are some issues with TC that warrant a wait and see type stance. Sunlight will guide this process and if he can bear the brightness, TC would be light years better than Yeb or any other candidate.

• Les says:

The way I see it, this is Trump’s race to lose. Cruz isn’t much of a threat, the polls aren’t even close. There isn’t a reason to tear our side to bits, that’s what Dems are for. We all need to stick together and conserve our energy for the mountain of mess we have to clean up later.

I’m already dreading Trump a little because I KNOW we have some debts coming due soon. We are going to have to pay Obama’s bills for the next few decades.

11. Notmeagain says:

I’d like to know when the media weren’t liars and sycophants. This is a classic from 1815 (now defunct French paper reports on Napoleon’s escape from Elba).
    The cannibal has left his lair.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 9, 1815.
    The Corsican ogre has just landed at the Juan Gulf.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 10, 1815.
    The tiger has arrived at Gap.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 11, 1815.
    The monster slept at Grenoble.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 12, 1815.
    The tyrant has crossed Lyons.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 13, 1815.
    The usurper was seen sixty leagues from the capital.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 18, 1815.
    Bonaparte has advanced with great strides, but he will never enter Paris.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 19, 1815.
    Tomorrow, Napoleon will be under our ramparts.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 20, 1815.
    The Emperor has arrived at Fontainbleau.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 21, 1815.
    His Imperial and Royal Majesty entered his palace at the Tuileries last night in the midst of his faithful subjects.
    Le Moniteur Universel, March 22, 1815.

12. NHVoter says:

Kasich is giving himself credit for Trump’s tweet re the Muslim database controversy. ROFL!

13. NHVoter says:

Liz Mair – the consultant fired by the Scott Walker campaign – is starting a guerrilla campaign to destroy Trump.

What do we know about Mair? According to her Twitter feed it looks like she’s a Carly fan….

14. sundance says:

15. cardinalmike says:

Check this out:

WOW! New Reuters 5-day poll!

Trump 39%
    Carson 15
    Rubio 10
    Cruz 7
    Bush 6

#Trump2016

Embedded image permalink

16. nwtex says:

Go get ’em cowboy 🙂
    ~~~~

November 19, 2015

[…]Trump’s D.C. hotel isn’t scheduled to open until next year in the historic Old Post Office Pavilion. Yet, in his characteristic way, Trump has already made his presence felt in the nation’s capital. Outside the construction site, there’s a massive billboard that reads “COMING 2016: TRUMP” With the candidate in the midst of shaking up the Republican presidential primary race, this advertisement and its potential double meaning has attracted quite a bit of attention […]

Someone posted a photo of Trumps desk last week (sorry, don’t recall who). Here’s a wider view, taken yesterday. Seems like a few more items. Busy man. needs a busy desk.

17. Raffaella says:

Two weeks in a row Sunday morning programs are skipping the front runner Donald. He was not on any of the shows last week. And this week again is Carson, Rubio and now Kasich. Since the attacks in Paris, they are avoiding Trump. Ridiculous.

18. Stinky-Inky says:

Interesting post on FB regarding Refugee Resettlement Program:

securefreedom.org

19. tunnelrat says:

And the lib media will tell us once again that “Trump is finished”.

20. TwoLaine says:

Dear Barbara, You are an old lady, so I will cut you a little slack. This is 2015! How condescending can you be? What a XXXXX.

For the most part, other than BW, it’s pretty sweet.
    We get to see Grandpa TRUMP tonight! Can’t wait!
    Gather the grandkids, and make it a family affair!

Barbara Walters On Melania Trump: ‘Because She’s So Beautiful We Don’t Expect Her To Be As Smart As She Is.’
    by Elizabeth VanMetre
    November 20, 2015

21. WeThePeople2016 says:

This is NBC and even they are saying that Trump is ahead. I think the Reuters poll is more accurate, though, with what is really going on. I think it is going to be even higher.

22. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

I like Cruz and I like Carson but I want Trump as my next President! All the rest can go back where they came from.

• jello333 says:

Politics aside, just thinking about the personalities of each, there are only a few of the candidates who I might actually “like” as a person (other than Donald, of course). Among the Reps, there’s Christie, Huckabee, Paul (at least at times… and I definitely like his dad), maybe Jindal, and of course Sanders on the Dem side.

23. PatriotKate says: