In a hilariously transparent rush to catch-up to Donald J Trump’s prior position (asserting no Syrian refugees should be granted access to the U.S.A), candidate Marco Rubio joins with another ‘johnny-come-latelyTed Cruz:

rubio cruz 3

In light of the terrorist attacks in Paris, the Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio on Sunday said the US should not take in more Syrian refugees.

The Florida senator had previously signalled openness to relocating some of the millions fleeing the Syrian civil war to American shores.

On Sunday, as other Republican candidates rushed to condemn the Obama administration over its policy on Syria and Islamic State and its willingness to increase such admissions – and as the GOP governor of Michigan said his state would not after all welcome any Syrian refugees – he switched course.

“It’s not that we don’t want to,” Rubio said in an interview with ABC. “It’s that we can’t.”  (link)

Long before Paris came under attack from ISIS, in September candidate Donald Trump was taking heat when he specifically asserted that all Syrian “refugees” would immediately be repatriated if he wins election.

When Trump initially made this statement, no-one else in the field of candidates would step forward to support anything even remotely as brave.   To the contrary, both Cruz and Rubio held back any position preferring instead to poll-test the political winds and see how the electorate would respond.

What does that tell you about leadership, and who has it?

Dr_Phil_teen_youtube_beating

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Syria, Ted Cruz, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

121 Responses to Bandwagon Alert – Candidates Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz Rush To Catch-up With Frontrunner Trump On Syrian Issues…

1. Voltaire's Crack says:

Obama too?

2. Dan Schwartz says:

The jihadis’ master plan to break us

“Paris was attacked not because of what the French do, as some Blame-The-West intellectuals claim, but because of what the French are: infidels who refuse to see the light of Islam. The hope is that just as the Prophet forced the Arab tribes to accept Islam in exchange for protection, the ‘infidel’ nations will also decide that it is in their best interest to submit.”
    ~Amir Tahiri

3. hocuspocus13 says:

Trump…a real Leader 🇺🇸

4. Serpentor says:

They’re not fooling me.

I was watching when Trump said, “If I get elected, they’re all going back” live during a debate. I heard crickets from the others. It took courage to say such a thing.

Courage is why I’m casting my vote for Donald Trump. No more effete leadership.

• lumoc1 says:

I fully agree that Trump shows courage but more important that courage his positions are consistent with each other which shows that Trump has an integrity seriously lacking in the other candidates as well as in the majority of members of the establishment of both parties. And that explains his success to date and why he should win in 2016!

• Eskie Mom says:

They’re not fooling me either, Serpentor. All we’d get out of these two is a boatload of excuses & obfuscations. Been there, done that.

• MVW says:

I am waiting for my Trump hat, bought when I heard the 9 minute take down of the latest sacred cow, BC, taken down with BC’s own written words. However, I won’t be wearing the hat to support Donald, I’ll be wearing it as a reminder to myself of the great American running for office, with guts and genius, to not just save America, but to ‘Make America Great Again’ (with the signature 24 kt Trump renovation treatment). And, I will be wearing it to remind myself that there is still hope.

I only worry how much more damage the current POTUS will do in 13 months, I mean I still can’t tell if he is just stupid of a combination of the shadows of B. Ayers and Rev Wright. Talk about a loose screw in the White House.

• Bought my hat 2 months ago from Amazon. I’m not a hat man, but I now wear it whenever I go out in public, grocery store, eat out etc. See avatar. No comments yet but I did have a scowl from couple of diners at a Village Inn. Bet they were CSU professors, just saying. They better get used to it.

• justfactsplz says:

My husband’s Make America Great Again camo hat arrived this week. It’s very nice. I’m saving it until Christmas.

• charliewalksonwater says:

Notice his hat does NOT say “TRUMP…Make America Great Again”, like any other politicians hat would say. But no, there is more to him than that. And the confidence just oozes from him. It just says “Make America Great Again”. Its like a challenge to all of us and to him.

• sandraopines says:

I ordered shirts and such a while back. Next is bumper stickers on the van and such. I saw one in town today and had a fit. 😀 I also ordered 5 extra Crippled America books and another Time To Get Tough. Gonna share them around the community. This is Rural Florida that is what works. I will get hats for hubby too. Trump gear a fashion necessity. 😀

5. aximand88 says:

It’s a lock. Seriously, I don’t see how any of the other “candidates” could win at this point. This latest act of barbarism did nothing but highlight what Trump has been lambasted for saying.

6. Raffaella says:

What I have witnessed the last 24-48 hours is making me sick. Every single candidate out there is stealing every sentence, word, position, strategy, prediction that Trump has ever made regarding international issues and immigration without giving him credit.

And the disgusting media not only not questioning them about their changes of position but also giving them more airtime to discuss it and completely ignoring the front runner and the true leader here, Trump.

Bush, Rubio, Cruz (mostly this fake person), Carson, and Fiorina are shameless. Bush on Meet The Press tried so hard to come across substantial. All I could see was a weak beta male that could not defend himself let alone the country or the world.

Sorry for my rant. I am really upset.

7. kinthenorthwest says:

Unless Rubio and Cruz are only playing Lip Service to Americans, then I am just glad that they finally woke up.
    But if Rubio and Cruz are only joining with Trump to get votes; I say squash them NOW!!

• Trust No One says:

I think you’ll have to go with your second option – joining to get votes and need to squash them like bugs.
      I read people posting comments practically drooling over Rubio’s stance. When you try to inform them it is just pandering and he never had that opinion before, geez you’d think I was saying he is a serial killer. I don’t know what to think of these supposedly intelligent people. Well, I Do Know they are GOPe and can’t get beyond the “party” thing.

• Sentient says:

I assume that Cruz is as serious about stopping Muslim immigration as he is serious about sealing the US-Mexico border – not at all. His plan for “securing the border” (a “tell” if ever there was one) was “more funding for fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft”. Does he mean planes and helicopters, or does he mean drones? Either way it means nothing. Since we’re not going to bomb illegals crossing from Mexico, all a plane or drone can do is tell Border Patrol where they’re coming from. We know where they’re coming from – Mexico. We need a wall, not “fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft”. Cruz thinks we’re stupid.

8. Piper says:

Pathetic! This just proves these idiots go where the wind blows them- no real values or principles to project/declare/stand for. That being said, if they really meant it, it would be a step in the right direction in F I N A L L Y PROTECTING OUR COUNTRY!
    Trump making all the difference everyday!!

9. Sentient says:

Vote Trump. Cut out the middleman.

10. JoeS says:

No Marco, we don’t want to either!

Trump had the best “you can read between the lines” way of saying this. He is actually QUITE a diplomat. He said, “we have enough of our own problems!” That is SO OLD SCHOOL, and you know exactly what he is saying without saying it: WE DON’T WANT THEM HERE!!! People are getting REALLY tired of ungrateful immigrants or “refugees” in this case.

We are insulted!

11. revbacon says:

He keeps shooting from half-court, and sinking it. His “crazy” pronouncements keep getting proven. Do I think that means that the leftists from the Democrats and the Republicans will finally see the light and elect him? Well, a boy can dream, can’t he?

12. Kristi Ann says:

Reblogged this on Kristi's Political Place and commented:

Please PRAY for our Judeo-Christian Nation United States of America and Israel-Yisrael Everyday!! “Pray Without Ceasing.” ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV )!!

United We Stand with Israel-Yisrael and our Judeo-Christian Nation United States of America, Divided We FALL!!

• Dixie says:

Marco Rubio said YES on Saturday in your article but he said NO on Sunday in Sundance’s article (link labeled “join” following Marco’s name in the first paragraph above).

• Dixie says:

I’ve never known Sundance to be wrong.

13. Les says:

I see Syria as Hillary’s baby.

14. Voltaire's Crack says:

It doesn’t look like Paul Ryan is jumping on the Trump bandwagon. He just vowed on 60 Minutes that there would be no mass deportations of illegal aliens.

I’m sure that’s just the amuse bouche to adjust the palate for much worse. It only serves, though, to emphasize Donald’s status as an outsider.

Still, there was a time when I really thought that Paul Ryan was a real special guy and am embarrassed at being so wrong.

• parteagirl says:

Don’t be embarrassed. I was wrong about Paul Ryan, too. I thought his 2010 take down of Obama on Obamacare was amazing. Now, he’s another poster boy for term limits.

• Oh really? How special of Ryan is to speak for the American people WITHOUT EVEN ASKING US!

Honestly, these pompous politicians don’t even bother to go through the facade nor pretend to be public servants anymore. They just straight up act like LEADERS OF GANGS!

• michellc says:

Many of us were wrong about Ryan.
      I guess we should have known, the only real adult job he’s really held is a politician and he married into a family of democrats.

• Prothonotary Warbler says:

Yeah, I also thought Ryan was a good guy, back in 2012. When Mitt Romney made Ryan hi running mate, I was excited for the GOP ticket.

But Ryan has since shown himself to be a GOPer through and through. I began to realize this when the Republican-controlled House put forward a budget of like $880 billion, and the Democrat-controlled Senate put forward a budget of like $950 billion, and Ryan went on to represent the House in reconciliation and managed to compromise that budget up to $1.2 trillion. Against that idiot Patty Murray.

Paul Ryan can eat a balls, as far as I’m concerned.

• Ono says:

Look at it this way…He’s shown his hand. Vote him out in ’16. You can bet he’ll be making promises to everyone, but at the end of the day,none will be kept. He’s just another Lucy holding the ball for America. In ’16 kick Paul instead of the ball.

15. Brother X says:

They are not just NOT listening, they are kicking us in the face instead.

Paul Ryan Hopes to Find ‘Common Ground’ with Obama

“Ryan also vowed that there would be no mass deportation of illegal immigrants while he was serving as House Speaker.”

16. Sundance keep those sharp piercing headlines coming! This one is especially SUPERB:

“Bandwagon Alert – Candidates Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz Rush To Catch-up With Frontrunner Trump On Syrian Issues…”

Great one for tweets.

17. RINOKiller says:

#itoldyouso

18. Like Anne Coulter said, (And I don’t even particularly like her) Donald Trump won the election on Friday. All the others know it, and are playing catch up.

19. NHVoter says:

But Rubio is a foreign policy expert! They say.

Garry Kasparov said he would be a foreign policy grandmaster. What a joke!

20. Redware says:

There’s a perfect example of the leadership of a patriotic American compared to the pandering of two corrupt politicians.The former tells it the way it is and inspires your support,and the latter tells it the way they think you want to hear it and elicits your contempt.

21. coltlending says:

Anyone know a Cartoonist?

I see a cartoon with all the candidates with Trump hair and saying, “Bomb the shit out of ISIS & close the borders. We either have a country or we don’t.”

22. TexasRanger says:

Syrian Refugees…

Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley says State Will Refuse Syrian Refugees in wake of Paris attacks

Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley: ‘After full consideration of this weekend’s attacks of terror on innocent citizens in Paris, I will oppose any attempt to relocate Syrian refugees to Alabama through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.

As your Governor, I will not stand complicit to a policy that places the citizens of Alabama in harm’s way’

23. TexasRanger says:

Muslim Syrians Kill More Innocent People In The Name Of Islam.

Syrians Carry out Beirut Bombings Killing 44 and Wounding 239.

Lebanon arrests 9, including 7 Syrians, over deadly twin-suicide bombings in Beirut.

Lebanese interior minister says 7 arrested in connection to network behind Burj el-Barajneh Bombings on Thursday Nov-12-2015.

Responsibility for the bombings was claimed by the Islamic State Muslims ISIS. ‘Hezbollah is fighting alongside government forces against the Sunni-led rebellion in Syria, drawing the ire of such militantly anti-Shiite groups as the Islamic State.

Lebanese security forces have arrested nine people, most of them Syrian Nationals, over their alleged involvement in last week’s twin bombings in Beirut that killed at least 44 people, the interior minister said.

“Until now the detained include seven Syrians and two Lebanese – one of them a [would-be] suicide bomber and the other a trafficker who smuggled them across the border from Syria,” Interior Minister Nuhad Mashnuq said at a televised press conference on Sunday.

Beware – The Syrian Refugees Are Coming To America.!

Full Story Al Jazeera Nov-15-2015

Video: Beirut, Lebanon Moment of Bombing by Muslim Syrian Terrorist ISIS Nov-12-2015

Terrorist Jihad Extremists Jihadist Islam ISIL (Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant), ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria) and IS Islamic State Refugees – Murderers and Killers. Islamic Jihad War Against Christians and the West.!

24. Voltaire's Crack says:

McCain the Mendacious pipes in, bestowing on us, wacko-bird hobbits one and all, the benefit of his wisdom, unworthy though we are to receive its magnificence.

On Syrian refugees McCain said, “What should the Untied States do? We should be very careful. And here is why because I am sure that Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS, has already told some of these young men, go into the refugee flow and call us when you get to Berlin, New York, Paris, wherever it is. So we are going have to be very, very careful about what individuals we allow to come into this country as a result of this terrible tragedy. Our hearts go out to them, but we can’t endanger the security of the United States of America.”

• joshua says:

the best way to “be very careful” about who we allow into our country….Sen. McCain…IS NOT ALLOW ANYONE IN FOR AWHILE…ESPECIALLY REFUGEES…..we NO LONGER can be the idiot rich uncle to the world…..these people can stand and fight their own civil wars….that is how they make their adult lives meaningful. Yes, suffering is OK…our own NATION suffered terribly in our own Civil War, and 600.000 of OUR OWN people DIED in that war and the misery it included…..and it lasted four miserable years, and lots of civilians died too…..so these middle eastern folks can stay home and fight their own battle…we cannot be their nanny.

• michellc says:

No more selfies with his rebel best buds?

Do these people think we all have amnesia?

• TwoLaine says:

Duh! Give the man a bag of prunes and send him home. McCain, You’re Fired! ARIZONA, PLEASE Put This Man Out Of Our Misery!!!!!

• TwoLaine says:

The prune and his girlfriend Linda were on Morning Joe to do an “I am ready to be Commander in Chief” duet and commercial this AM. They said The Oh? just doesn’t have enough $$$ to win this war, so they are handing over the purse to him.

25. Honest Abbey says:

CNN BREAKING NEWS

White House Promises To Intensify ISIS Battle

Sure ….. Intensify ISIS Battle AGAINST The United States, perhaps!

26. lovely says:

Border Patrol has arrived.

27. phil fan says:

Today the buzzwords are Syrian Refugees, no more. Under current POTUS 250,000 muslim infil-trators PER YEAR have ‘migrated’ into the US. 250,000 muslims per year! Belatedly under the influence of Donald Trump and many murdered in Paris, Oregon, Charlotte, etc etc a few cowards are speaking up = “No more Syrian refugees”.

Pathetic. Better late than never I suppose. It would have been NEVER without one man. One man, one chance to make it right for America and for the world.

28. TexasRanger says:

Michigan Gov. Snyder Suspends Efforts to Settle Syrian Refugees….

No More Syrian Refugees in Michigan

Snyder’s office released a statement Sunday saying the state would not be accepting any Syrian refugees until the U.S. Department of Homeland Security fully reviewed its procedures.

Full Story:

29. KBR says:

I have already seen a couple recent comments that “Trump is not the only one wanting a strong border” and “Trump is not the only one saying Syrians shouldn’t be allowed.”
    My answer “Trump was the first one, and the only one consistent on that. Also the only one who will do it!”

30. TwoLaine says:

He changes minds and builds coalitions without even trying.

31. Southern Son says:

In that Beruit video, are they saying allah? Yea, go ahead and pray to your allah for more of the same. Their Allah=Satan. It’s indesputable to any sane indidual. If Christians were doing the bombing over there, I’m pretty sure Obeyme would start routing us up, over here.

32. mcfyre2012 says:

LOL…At the summit in Europe in his press conference, O’Blah-blah said the Syrian refugees going to the US would receive vigorous background checks.

33. Kathy says:

Why have the news stations especially FOX acknowledged that the US government admitted Syrianrefugees between the age of 18 to 30 and all men to New Orleans last week? They keep saying the government should not do this but say nothing about the fact it has already been done. Please explain!