Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

Veterans Day 2015

About Patriot Dreamer

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.” ~Ayn Rand *************************************************** In the battle between good intentions vs. unintended consequences….UC always win. ~Sharon
Image | This entry was posted in Bumper Stickers. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

1. Pentheus says:

Thanks us by not wasting the freedom we fought for.

• Pentheus says:

“It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain — that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom — and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”

-Lincoln

• rsmith1776 says:

Thank you for your own beautiful thought Pentheus. I’ll have to say though that I am not that much in love with a q

• rsmith1776 says:

… quote from the one President in the whole history of the United States who thought that the legitimate response to dissent and an affirmation of state rights was to kill enormous multitudes of American men (and women and boys and girls and old people) for the sake of a violent preservation of a union forced down the throats of dissenters.

That being said, Lincoln was good with turning a phrase, and I appreciate your post, I would just appeal to the testimony of better, less conflict-prone, less self-righteous, less blood-thirsty patriots.

2. Dora says:

3. moogey says:

To every veteran, not just today but everyday – “I thank you for your service”.

• peachteachr says:

And, I would add their families’ sacrifices. Each service member has a family that can’t expect their son, daughter, husband, or wife for Thanksgivings, Christmases, anniversaries, and birthdays. There is no way we, the people, can repay them. We can demand that our country stand by the promises we made to them when they enlisted.

4. mollyp1776 says:

Amen!

Thank you for your service and God bless you, vets.

5. amwick says:

Thank you seems somehow insufficient. We owe our very liberty to the Veterans, and to those who serve right now. How can we ever say thank you enough?

6. Racine Thyme says:

A toast to my fellow Veterans.

7. TheFightingMan says:

My 80 year young dad is a Korean War vet. I honor him for so many reasons every day of the year. He is showing me now how to take the medical possibilty that his chemo induced interstitial lung disease will kill him with stoicism and courage. He’s a great example of the true American fighting spirit, a living Fighting Man. Honor and thanks to all who served. America, home of the free because of the brave.

• peachteachr says:

My best to your father. Tell him that a country girl, well a woman of a certain age, in rural Georgia thanks him and has prayed for him today. As my uncle, 85, says, “All of mama’s boys served.” It was expected of them.

• TheFightingMan says:

Many thanks and blessings to you. The message was delivered and received with a ‘God bless her.’ Dad’s a Southern gentleman. You are a gracious Southern Lady.

8. Totally Domestic says:

Thanks to all who have & do now serve in the military!!! I appreciate you!! You have put your life on the line for us & our families.

To the Gold Star Families, I have had you on my heart today. & prayed for you.
    We can never know the depth if your sacrifices!

Special thanks to Patricia Smith mother of Sean Smith one of the Benghazi heros! Please keep shouting fm the rooftops how awful Hillary is!!!

9. charlie21751 says:

I want to give thanks to General Washington and the Continental Army for their patriotic zeal and dedication to a country not yet in existence. Without these initial Veterans we would not be celebrating today. God blessed America when he made these men.

10. Backspin says:

I see worship of veterans being used by the War Machine. Close the 180 Bases around the world ,
    bring our boys & girls HOME. As Abbie Hoffman said , you do this under seige of your own people….. How Many …. Enough ….Enough of us are Pissed Off , to surround the Pentagon Again . – Dig a grave for the Unknown Soldier….
    Nestled in Your Hollow Shoulder ….. The Unknown Soldier…. .. Company Halt — Present Arms –
    /[@^%$ …. bang. // Rap is where the news is read , television children fed ,unborn living , living dead , Bullet Strikes the Helmets Head…………….. ( Doors )

11. justfactsplz says:

I am a very late to this thread but I want to thank all of our Treeper veterans for their service. God bless each and every one of you.