CBS Poll IOWA – Donald Trump and Ben Carson Tied at 27%…

Full poll pdf below (Via CBS) […]  In September, Trump had a small lead over Ben Carson. Now, the two candidates are running even. Ben Carson has drawn more support among white evangelicals – who always make up a sizeable portion of caucus-goers there (34 percent, vs. 17 percent for Trump). Trump has lost ground among this group since last month. Carson is also beating Trump among Iowa conservatives.

Trump and CarsonIowa Republican Screengrab(click to enlarge)

Trump leads Carson among men (30-26); Carson leads among women (28-24). Trump also leads among seniors (33-25).  No minorities were polled, prior polling Trump wins all racial demographics. (read more)

In related news (Via Associated Press) WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican voters view Donald Trump as their strongest general election candidate, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that highlights the sharp contrast between the party’s voters and its top professionals regarding the billionaire businessman’s ultimate political strength.

Seven in 10 Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters say Trump could win in November 2016 if he is nominated, and that’s the most who say so of any candidate. By comparison, 6 in 10 say the same for retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who, like Trump, has tapped into the powerful wave of antiestablishment anger defining the early phases of the 2016 contest. (read more)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016. Bookmark the permalink.

185 Responses to CBS Poll IOWA – Donald Trump and Ben Carson Tied at 27%…

1. JoeS says:

ATTENTION: IS DONALD TRUMP ANNOINTED BY GOD TO BE THE LEADER OF THE US AT THIS TIME?

RECENTLY DONALD TRUMP INVITED CHURCH LEADERS TO MEET WITH HIM IN NEW YORK.

Today, at Morningstar Church in South Carolina, one of those church leaders who visited with Donald Trump gave an EXTREMELY COMPELLING presentation about Donald Trump and the PROPHETIC EXPERIENCE that he had surrounding his visit with DONALD TRUMP, amongst other “topics.”

Watch Lance Wallnau describe his experience. The sermon begins at the 1hour and 25 second mark (1:00:25) on this video and lasts for quite a while. THIS IS WORTH SEEING!!!!!!!

Lance Wallnau also provides and incredible synapsis of where he feels the world is in terms of the END TIMES and a biblical interpretation of the events of the final battle between good and evil and the role of the church. Imagine that! According to Lance, Donald Trump has been strategically placed for this purpose by God. He even goes as far as comparing God’s use of the ancient Darius (the Mede-Daniel’s time), and suggests that God has ANNOINTED DONALD TRUMP for His purposes at this time.

He further discusses why Christians are wrong to necessarily seek leaders (BEN Carson) who are Christian just because they are Christian!!!!!!!!!!!

• Meyer says:

Interesting. Fellow Treeper, MoniQue, had posted a YouTube video yesterday of a Rev. Parsons who said he believes Trump has been ‘ANNOINTED’ by God to lead the U.S.

• sandraopines says:

Where is that link I missed that one.

• JoeS says:

I am glad to hear that because confirmation from multiple people is always important. Even before Trump officially announced, I was running down the candidate list, and I said to myself, “I am not excited by any of these people.” I even discounted Cruz at that time because of his first TPP vote. I thought, wow, if Trump is against this crazy illegal immigration, TPP, is pro-life, and I pro 2nd, then I will vote for him. Sure enough, he came out on all of those things correctly!

• Teddi says:

I’m still not buying those Iowa polls. In a period of less than two weeks – Trump was ahead by 7+/-, then Carson went from 7+/- down to 7+/- up [ a 14 pt surge ! ] . Now the two are supposedly tied…

All that movement smells, it really smells…

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Teddi I’m with you!

New Joke:

Did you hear that Monsanto is bring out a new breakfast cereal in honor of the Iowa caucuses?

It’s called IOWA because its just chock full of………..

• 1american1st says:

The Communist Democrats are on a mission to destroy Trump. They DON’T want to make America great again. They like wallowing in the cesspool the Commie Dems have created in America:
          94+ Million workers out of work
          the highest welfare rolls in history
          $18 Trillion deficit
          idolizing thugs & criminals
          support murdering cops
          releasing drug dealers from jail (because they’re not dangerous)
          releasing Illegal Alien prisoners back onto America’s streets to resume their crime sprees

• stringy theory says:

Now that is amazing. Maybe the Good Lord is going to smile on The Donald and all of us who need someone to lead us out of the GOPe/Prog wilderness.

• truthandjustice says:

Yes, there are others as well. Here’s one that got a lot of attention by pastor Jeremiah Johnson:
      “The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, ‘Trump shall become My trumpet to the American people, for he possesses qualities that are even hard to find in My people these days. Trump does not fear man nor will he allow deception and lies to go unnoticed. I am going to use him to expose darkness and perversion in America like never before, but you must understand that he is like a bull in a china closet. Many will want to throw him away because he will disturb their sense of peace and tranquility, but you must listen through the bantering to discover the truth that I will speak through him. I will use the wealth that I have given him to expose and launch investigations searching for the truth. Just as I raised up Cyrus to fulfill My purposes and plans, so have I raised up Trump to fulfill my purposes and plans prior to the 2016 election.’” – Pastor Jeremiah Johnson

• truthandjustice says:

Another by By Lana Vawser:

“I had a dream recently where I was in a political arena and I saw Donald Trump and he was passionately putting forward his policies. In this dream I could not “hear” what he was saying, I just remember seeing him speaking with great passion.
      Suddenly, I was lifted above the United States of America and I saw the nation as if I was looking at a map. Written across the United States of America was the word “TRUMP” in big letters.
      As I looked at this word suddenly the letters began to rearrange and the word went from “TRUMP” to “TRIUMPH.”
      I then heard the Lord speak loudly in my dream “TRUMP SHALL LEAD THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA INTO TRIUMPH!!!”
      As I was waking up out of the dream I heard the words “TRUMP SHALL LEAD THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA INTO VICTORY!”
      As I came to the end of typing this dream I heard the words “Angels of triumph have been assigned to Trump.”
      I believe the Lord is inviting us to seek His heart and to partner with Him in prayer to see the United States of America brought back into a place of godly victory and triumph in whichever way that manifests.”

• truthandjustice says:

And for those interested and since we talk here of being fighting “vulgarians” in this “war” – here are a couple more general ones:

“I saw the people of God all across the world arising and taking their place in prayer and intercession for the USA. As I looked across the people of God, I saw angels descending from heaven and they were holding garments in their hands and what looked like weapons that were shining brightly.
      These angels began to hand out these garments to the people of God who had moved into position to contend for the United States of America. These garments were the garments of war.
      I then saw Jesus stand before His army and He spoke:
      “People of God, it is time to arise, it is time to fight! I have prepared you to fight for the nation of the United States of America for such a time as this. In this time of prayer and intercession, I am releasing battle strategies to you. My people to see the forces of darkness, pushed back. To see My kingdom and My glory invade every place in this nation, where the enemy has taken hold. It is time for you, My people, to sing together in one accord and declare victory over the United States of America.”
      I then saw the flag of the United States of America appear before the people of God and some of the leaders on the front line took this flag and began to move forward in victory. As the people of God marched forward they sang a song of victory that was being released from heaven.
      Battle Strategies Turning New Pages for America
      I saw a spirit of death that has been over the USA that has been doing all it can to steal the life that the Lord wants to release into this nation and hinder the vision and plans the Lord has for the United States being seen by covering it all with darkness. I felt the Lord saying that He has called the United States of America to be a nation that brings life to other nations in the world. ”

• phil fan says:

Those pastors and messages capture in a religious sense the excitement we feel in the arising of our Leader. Yes Donald will help the US rise up on Her feet again and does seem like a blessing from God. I believe.

Donald just used a phrase a “great unifier” that I’ve been calling him here for a couple weeks = Donald the Great Unifier. Love it…Something is going on:

• truthandjustice says:

Yes, agree! Also I came across the idea that even his first name may not be just “coincidental” — Donald. When you check what that name means, it means “world ruler” or “wielder” I think (I didn’t double check). So add that to “Trump” and you get something pretty interesting………..

2. profnickd1967 says:

President Huckabee owed his nomination and eventual general election win to his victory in Iowa.

• Artist says:

Santorum, as well!

• jim says:

Yeah, but Santorum got cheated out of his victory dance. Expect more GOPe shenanigans to come.

By the way, it has only been 4 years. What on earth did he do to lose his old support? He won Iowa 4 years ago, but can only get 2% now? That is tied with 0!

• Sandhill says:

That may be because the fella who was running his ground game is now running Trump’s. This fella last time traveled to every county in Iowa to get people on board for Santorium. Apparently a lot of people in Iowa respect this man a lot. Sorry about forgetting his name. Thinks the last name starts with a ‘L”.

• JoeS says:

Sam Clovis is Trump’s Iowa guy, and campaign co-chair. He IS the guy who was running Perry’s 2016 race, AND he IS the guy who ran Rick Santorum’s campaign in 2012.

3. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

If we are going to change direction we need Trump at the top, Carson and Cruz are also better than any Dem and they need to be on Trumps team. The rest are all GOPe and losers!

4. Sentient says:

My guess is that by February 1, it will be apparent that Carson has no path to the nomination. Even people who like him many prefer to weigh in on the actual contest: nationalists v globalists, Trump versus the GOPe candidate (whether Jeb or Rubio doesn’t matter). Going out on a winter’s night to sit in a caucus for three hours only to vote for someone running way behind in very other state would seem rather pointless to me. I’d rather be ice-fishing.

• parteagirl says:

I think you’re right, but I think it might be sooner than Feb. 1. My 78 year old evangelical father told me today that he hopes Trump wins it all, because while he likes Dr. Carson, his “elbows just aren’t sharp enough.” (i.e., we need a fighter) He also said Cruz seems to have a “persona problem,” fairly or unfairly, that he doesn’t believe Cruz be able to overcome.

• stringy theory says:

I like what you say and believe reality will sink in on the Carson supporters. To be honest, I’m not sure he’s in for the long haul and all that entails. Now that 70% of Republicans say Trump has the best general election chances, I think new supporters will begin to coalesce around him.

• 1american1st says:

I just can’t vote for Dr. Carson because of his Illegal Alien agenda.
        He lost me when he said we couldn’t deport all these Illegals.
        His “Work Permit” for Illegals is a “theory” that won’t work either. It will leave the door standing wide open for the continuing flood of Illegals. Plus, when they show their “Work Permit”, how many will be checked for drugs? I’m not buying it.
        I think Dr. Carson would be GREAT as the head of ObamaCareless or the Surgeon General. These are in his field of expertise.
        Trump’s field of expertise is running businesses, both domestic & International, and being in charge of large projects. Add to that his obvious dedication to Make America Great Again & deep caring for our military and you have the next President of the USA.

5. UpsideDownFlag says:

Interesting polls

• parteagirl says:

So smart for Trump to refuse PAC money- same technique he used with teleprompters- make your opponents look disingenuous for using them.

Honest question: how does the Carl Ichan PAC fit into this?

• videoviewer says:

Love that too! Yet another game changer made by Trump in a simple move. Yet another light turned on in a dark corner of politics and the political game.

• getfitnow says:

My understanding is it has no attachment to the Trump presidential campaign. His interest is in electing representatives to congress that will work for trade agreements that benefit the US. To me this is part of the 8-deminsional chess game vs tiddley winks.

• Meyer says:

Good question. The short of it is that Carl Ichan’s PAC is to fight corporate inversion not to support Trump in his bid for presidency.

• spacette55 says:

Doesn’t Ichan’s PAC specify corporate inversion: creating policies that allow monies held overseas due to high tax rates, to return to the USA to benefit the American economy?

• 1american1st says:

Trump has stated that he will allow a ONE TIME 10% tax on overseas money so they can bring those hundreds of $Billions (or Trillions) back into America. Smart move!

• amjean says:

His Pac has nothing to do with the presidential race; it will
        find conservative candidates and support them for election
        in other positions.

• videoviewer says:

I see his SDA comments as saying he just wasn’t familiar with Dr. Carson’s denomination and that it certainly was not a common denomination and one that many people are unfamiliar with its tenants. That said, SDA is not a problem for some, it is a big problem for others. How will it affect policy? How will it shape the presidency and how Carson executes his duties? Questions to be asked. How will the views of End Times and their Biblical views on Israel, Turkey, Syria, Russia and the Middle East in general influence and shape Dr. Carson’s negotiations and foreign policy and relations with foreign leaders? All of this ought to be asked, explored and discussed. SDAs have strong doctrine and specific expectations on the end of times and the roles that these countries may or may not play. SDAs have strong beliefs on the role of government in the every day person’s life, in federal government involvement in education and schools, strong ties to medicine and the hospital and long term health care fields. SDAs have passionate views on the separation of church and state. SDAs have Long been known for very specific and negative views of the Catholic church that have persisted much longer than other Christian denomination’s views of Catholics as the evil one of Revelation. So, the SDA question is legit and ought to be vetted. I am not taking a position that the SDA question would hurt or help.
      Questions to the above may help in some cases, hurt in others. However, being an SDA has shaped Carson’s world view (we all have one and many of us would have much in common with Carson’s as fellow Christians and that aspect would be welcome, I am sure), his life choices, his opinions and would shape his polices and executive decisions. Being a dedicated, moral Christian is an overall plus for the nomination but some of the other answers may not be a plus. Carson needs to be vetted in this area.
      Even if they are all a plus for the individual the individual might rethink their primary vote as we all hope the nominee will be appealing to the Independent and moderate Democrats to go on to win the election. I like how he stands up for the unborn and in his soft spoken way stands firm on some issues. Areas of concern are how he hasn’t totally thought through major policies prior to publicly discussing them and then back tracks (ready for prime time alla Walker?), 2nd A rights, economic polices, etc, as well as general appeal in the Nov election.
      I would be comfortable with all of the typical SDA views, except any promotion of by gov. of vegetarianism or veganism as that is extremely damaging for a child (I speak from the experience of being raised by a 2nd generation vegetarian and being brought up vegan from infancy, post bottle feeding — Very harmful to my long term health although my mom just thought she was doing what was cutting edge healthy) but I doubt this would happen and I would be Very concerned with how End of Times doctrine would influence decisions concerning the Middle East and Russia. For ex. would he see them as inevitable areas of conflict v. something that can be avoided?
      As for what Trump, he was counter punching – Carson is the first of the two to mention the competitor’s Christian faith, questioning Trump’s Christian faith and walk last month. Every opponent ought to be very careful what they throw at Trump as it always comes back, stronger and harder! Without actually saying anything critical Trump has brought the SDA question into light and made people begin to talk about it. Again, as usual, driving the narrative. And, as usual, not PC as it is supposed to be off of the table to discuss personal religious beliefs. Unless, that is, to criticize Trumps!
      I would love for Trump to be asked about his experiences as a child going to church and his childhood pastor. Didn’t he go to Marble Collegiate Church? Norman Vincent Peale’s church? Wonder what influence sitting through his sermon’s had on a child? He may not have joined that congregation until later in life but I am sure the congregation and church are still heavily influenced by Peale and his leadership. Would really like to hear him talk on this as I have wondered it about it for years — how reading Peale’s works and being under that kind of a leader has impacted Trump and his accomplishments and outlook on life.
      Would be fun to see a video of side by side comparisons of Rev. Wright/OBama’s ministers and Peale!

• videoviewer says:

Thank you so much! That has always been one of the questions that I have wanted to ask and wondered why people didn’t. I watched the first season of Apprentice (had a child and no time for TV for subsequent seasons but loved the first season) and really expected the contestants to ask about his background. What books did he read in his formative years? and what impact did Peale have on his attitude and subsequent success? Was very frustrated and disappointed in the questions asked of Trump by the contestants who had the chance (at least the questions/answered aired). Before this article, I have never seen it addressed anywhere. Thanks again.

6. Is the GOPe replacing Jeb with his protégé?

7. Trump foolishly endorses Carson’s plan to end medicare which Carson just renounced!

I say it’s foolish because most Americans want medicare, even Carson realized this and ditched his own plan to end it!

• Raffaella says:

OMG – this is really stupid. Carson set up Trump and he fell for it.

• Raffaella says:

This by far the most stupid thing Trump has ever done. He has to stop approving stupid Ben Carson ideas and not compete with Carson who happens to be total idiot.

• Prescient11 says:

Trump has always said he would save medicare, no cuts. It’s a contract with american people. Only gop to promise this. No worries.

• keebler ac says:

Trump is trying to help a possible VP pick save his reputation …but Carson is not a good apprentice. I now am firmly against Carson for VP pick. Someone who can’t be bothered to think when he has the time and brains to do so tells me his heart is not in it to be a real leader and president. Ben also grew up under an umbrella of religion which promotes a day off in its name rather than understand that you do service in the name of Providence 365 days not one day only out of a week. Years later at the age of 64 retirement, you think BC is to going to easily change his Saturday off habit while in the White House? Trump needs someone there 24/7.

• amjean says:

Oh, please, don’t get your knickers in a knot. Trump said he
          likes medical savings accounts and its something to look
          in to.

• SharonKinDC says:

Yep… Trump saying, ‘he’d look into x or y’ when asked about another candidates proposals, is akin to saying that person is ‘nice’. It is not a commitment.

Cracks me up though how some people get their panties in a wad over nothing.

Out of ALL of the candidates, Trump is the only one who has been ADAMANT about ‘honoring the deal’ with the public regarding Medicare & Social Security.

• Raffaella says:

The only reason I get upset is because I want Trump to win and do not want any idiotic Carson comment to derail his chances.

• Voltaire's Crack says:

Is the emphasis of agreement on expanded use of HSAs or replacing Medicare? I got the impression from the article it was the former, but I haven’t seen the interview.

• keebler ac says:

I responded to you earlier on another thread. Trump says encouraging a savings account is a good idea but he doesn’t say eliminate medicare. Carson is backtracking on the elimination of medicare now.

• WSB says:

Health savings plans would work…it’s basically like having Medicare money without having to send it to the government, only to have them mismanage it in collusion with the insurance companies and hospitals. If savings interest rates can be increased, one would be making some personal interest on the account as well.

Chile did this with their retirement plans and they are making out well. Beats the government being involved, and if local banks could be depositors, then enough capital spread throughout the country.

• 1american1st says:

“Could” and “Possibly” aren’t carved in stone & probably refers to future recipients.

8. regedit says:

Look like these polls in Iowa are all over the place
    Off topic:Huge win by conservatives in Poland-I feel the wave coming

9. Raffaella says:

The Level of poll manipulation and selective poll reporting for the GOP nomination is breathtaking and unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it. The MSM and pundits Call Trump a clown for no reason, change his rally crowd numbers from 20000 to just 3000, do not report any of his massive leads in some polls and only report polls that are not favorable to him. And most important is they manufacture false polls to manipulate results.

It makes me wonder if there is a massive “vote change and fraud” under way for the actual primaries.

• WeeWeed says:

IKR??? Found this interesting little post – no links, but interesting nonetheless.

• wyntre says:

Absolutely. The POS flipped millions of votes for Romney in 2012 and McCain in 2008. The general electronic voting machine tallies are scored by a company in Spain, funded by Soros. I’m not sure how the primary results are determined. Maybe someone here can chime in.

The Gope will go to any and all lengths to stop DT.

I caught MSM lying about his rally numbers, reducing them from 20G to 3G.

• lilbirdee'12 says:

Wishful thinking on my part ~~ There should be a movement across the country to demand/require every state/local precincts return to PAPER BALLOT as backup verification. Check this info out. Read article please.

FTA: ..”No one expects a laptop to last for 10 years. How can we expect these machines, many of which were designed and engineered in the 1990s, to keep running?,” write Larry Norden and Christopher Famighetti, authors of the Brennan Center report. “[T]he majority of systems in use today are either perilously close to or past their expected lifespans.”

What’s more, many of the machines are running an embedded version of Windows XP, an operating system Microsoft no longer supports or is about to stop supporting, depending upon the version of XP the system is using. That means Microsoft won produce patches for any new security holes found in the software. Almost all of the machines in California run on XP, and some even run on Windows 2000.”

10. Liked by 1 person

11. Scott Spencer says:

It’s Trump or nothing..
    Carson has a couple of sound bytes & that is all imo, I’m Christian & a staunch Trump supporter.

Go Trump!!

• SharonKinDC says:

What has been so illuminating to me, is as Carson let out a few of his ideas, he couldn’t back them up! Instead, he supported them in terms of over-arching philosophy, but not any substantive economic underpining. Even the amnesty bit. He still thinks the illegals are crop pickers (that’s appx 10%) and then says tomatoes would cost $4/each, but labor isn’t that significant a cost. It’s like he’s fed a position, but doesn’t have the background to comprehend the implication of the policy he recommends.

12. sunspots7 says:

I think I am dying!! From the Onion:

Extension Cord On Stage Steals Spotlight From Jeb Bush During Campaign Rally —
    “CONCORD, NH—Emphasizing the allure and appeal of the 30-foot length of electrical power cable that shared the stage with the former Florida governor, sources confirmed that an orange three-pronged extension cord completely stole the spotlight from Jeb Bush during a New Hampshire campaign rally Friday. “Jeb made some interesting points about the need to prioritize national security, but ultimately he was just completely overshadowed by the far more riveting extension cord running along the floor beside him,” said political pundit Chris Wallace, who acknowledged that attendees appeared more energized by the flexible orange cable taped to the stage and noted that the one-time GOP frontrunner repeatedly failed to connect with the audience as effectively as the cord. “Unfortunately for Jeb, no matter what he did throughout the night, he just looked bland and flat compared to that extension cord. He’s not going to want to bring that piece of electrical equipment with him to any more rallies if he wants voters’ attention to stay directed at him.” At press time, the Bush campaign team was rapidly assembling a focus group to learn how the candidate could be more like the extension cord.”

13. cohibadad says:

How could 6 in 10 think Carson could win if nominated? I put his chances at roughly 0% of getting nominated and 0% of winning if nominated.

• How could 6 in 10 think Carson could win if nominated?

Because Hillary is the opposition. Every top tier candidate will defeat her, except for Jeb.

• mariner says:

I wish I could be confident of that. There are plenty of Democrats who would vote for her no matter what. All the Illegal immigrants would vote for her whether they knew it or not. Then of course the legions of dead and never-corporeal voters…

• jello333 says:

Maybe. I agree that if other Repubs could beat her it would be due mostly to ANTI-Hillary votes, much more than a vote for the Repub candidate. Except for Trump… in that case, the PRO-Trump vote would be the deciding factor.

• cohibadad says:

I guess I see it different Steve. If this was true about Hillary it would have been even more true about Obama 2012. That’s the tragedy of Romney and that is the impending tragedy of whoever the Republican party would nominate other than Trump. But it does make sense that those 6/10 who think so highly of Carson’s chances haven’t been burnt badly enough yet.

14. oldschool64 says:

Hey this is great news! Now that we have this newer poll, networks like FOX will no longer report those polls where Carson is leading by 8 and 9 points in Iowa because, hey, we have this newer poll. Yep, now the media isn’t going to report on those older polls….’cuz you know, they’re responsible journalists. Yep!

15. R-C says:

As the polls continue to be churned out, it will be interesting to see if Iowa is indeed determined to be on the wrong side of history…again. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, the Trump Train rolls on.

16. NCPatrick says:

Trump, Carson and Fiorina are the only Republican candidates who have never held elective office. Clinton, the Democratic front-runner, is a former first lady, secretary of state and senator.

Perhaps that helps explain why Democrats prefer experience over outsider status, 67 percent to 32 percent, and experience in office over private sector experience 66 percent to 33 percent.

I lifted these remarks from the poll results Sundance sent us earlier. Does this actually say that “Dems prefer experience over outsider status 67 to 32 percent”? They actually prefer someone the world has seen in action for 25+ years, a known liar, cheat, complete failure at anything she touches? I would rather have my mailman as President over Hillary! At least he shows up on time 4 days a week!

17. czarowniczy says:

The GOP establishment can now report that “BUSH LEADS POLL IN IOWA!!!!” …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………alphabetically

• daughnworks247 says:

That was a good one.

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, too bad I was thinking that’s what they’d really try to do. Sort of like the Jindal PACs poll a few days back the showed Trump crashing. Felt like Bobby’s performance as governor: “Hey folks, just stopping to take on ice!”

18. joshua says:

from the Onion:
    Ben Carson Tormented By Periodic Rational Thoughts
    SAN ANTONIO—Calling the disturbing incidents a persistent source of anguish, GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson told reporters at a Monday campaign stop that he has been tormented by periodic rational thoughts for the past several years. “They certainly aren’t around all the time, but every now and then I’m afflicted by these very distressing impulses to do or say something logical about immigration or gun control,” said Carson, describing the severe mental discomfort that he has suffered from intrusive coherent thoughts on climate change, abortion, and homosexuality. “When they do appear, it’s like a dagger in my mind urging me to act reasonably. If I really concentrate and calm myself down, I can make them go away. But I can only ignore them for so long. One day, I might slip up and behave sensibly if I don’t remain vigilant.” At press time, a visibly upset Carson had reportedly closed his eyes and quietly repeated, “Just go away” in an effort to silence the voices in his head urging him to apologize for equating the Affordable Care Act to slavery.

19. moogey says:

Carlos, while I recognize that new ideas are scary,
    I recognize the fact that we are not only facing the era that a great number of America’s aging population will qualify for Medicare services, but we are also facing an era where, the availability has been mandated by State Governments which results in fraud and continued rising tax burdens on the working American.
    I recognize the fact that, if illegals continue to benefit from the welfare state, and the welfare state is available to all comers, communities, then towns, then cities will begin to crumble under the tax burdens that will be imposed to meet the expense of expanded services and imposed regulations.
    America has become an open borders welfare state and Medicare is non-sustaining, ergo: something has to give. So, you may believe Trump’s idea is foolish, but I believe in a sovereign nation with borders and I am more concerned about the state of the nation than the state of a Government Program,
    Your “concern” & “support” for Mr. Trump are duly noted.

• moogey says:

I apologize for lost formatting, I swear, I separated my comment for ease of reading. (And if I was 100% responsible, I apologize to the readers)

• amjean says:

Medicare is paid for out of the taxes we pay on our payroll
      checks. It is sustainable. It is the overburdened Medicaid
      (welfare) system that is unsustainable. Getting rid of welfare
      fraud and illegal benefits would go a long way to getting
      Medicare and Social Security solvent (all programs that are
      paid for with citizen tax dollars; however, the government
      stole the money to use for something else).

• jello333 says:

I don’t believe Trump is suggesting abandonment of Medicare at all, despite what some have said. On the other hand, I DO believe that’s exactly what Carson is (or was?) suggesting. For me…. I never liked Carson, so his opinion on this doesn’t matter to me… I’d never vote for him regardless. But Trump I DO like… HOWEVER, if he suddenly came out and said we need to get rid of Medicare (without immediately replacing it with something as good or better) my support for him would CEASE.

20. Nessie509 says:

I hope Carson quits before Iowa and throws hissipportersto Trump. My reasoning for Carson out before Iowa would be the wider Trump’s margin the more of a a knock out punch will result and gets us to Rubiio/Bush right away.

• rodney says:

Carson will dog Trump all the way to the convention. I don’t trust or like him, there is something wrong with the guy. He’s like Obama, up until his critique of Obama, he was a complete political cipher, he may have well just walked out of the cornfield.

Yet a total political novice like him gets a very effective and well oiled campaign machine at his disposal. You don’t get that because you’re a likeable guy, you get that because some powerful people somewhere want you to have it.

• wyntre says:

He’s the “new black” option for white-guilt repubs. That’s all he is. He has no qualifications for the presidency. He is skating by based on skin color. It’s almost as if some R’s have this overwhelming urge to try to prove they’re not RACCCCCISSSSTTT by throwing their support to Ben.

Sorry but I am extremely cynical and Carson’s meeting with Sharpton last week was a “tell.”

IMHO.

• amjean says:

Carson was a democrat until he decided to run for president
        on a republican ticket. He is a spoiler.

• Raffaella says:

Agreed 100%. I have wondered the same thing about his well oiled campaign and his fundraising ability. He has big donors and super packs. Any one with a super pack is Not an outsider in the true meaning of the word.

21. NHVoter says:

Stunningly oblivious

22. daughnworks247 says:

’cause there are no Black or Hispanic voters in Iowa?

23. rjcylon says:

Winning Iowa is a game changer, just ask President Santorum.

24. liberty2828 says:

Carson’s response to Trump’s opinion of him.
    Note the eye closing as he talks. He has trouble keeping his eyes open. Stress makes Eye Dystonia worse and also combines with inability to talk fast. He may have a neurological problem.

Also note the the explanation of his history as a changed man from violent and aggressive to relaxed.

• Liberty thank you! Eye Dystonia, so that’s what it’s called. I thought something was seriously wrong with him I think you’re right, he has possible neurological problem.
      This could explain why he is taking his campaigning slower too. “Stress makes it worse

BUT OMG! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! x 1000! That interview you posted LOL! Yes, he not only looks like he is falling asleep he completely CLOSES HIS EYES and speaks in a monotone voice when he says he’s “full of energy.” Jimmy Kimmel nor SNL themselves couldn’t have written a better script! Then he offers as his proof says he’s been a surgeon did 18 hour surgeries? ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME? F-A-I-L !

AND then Carson voluntarily comes out and says he “used to throw rocks and attack people with knives” or something to that effect. OMG! he literally and on purpose i might add makes himself sound like a violent person! Now, I know that kind of “testimony” works in evangelical churches and shows rags to riches stories too and God bless them for it, but OMG! TO SAY THAT WHILE CAMPAIGNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

A BIG FAT FAIL FOR DR. GENTLE BEN.

I will now predict he will NOT even win Iowa. Truth be told I have never really watched him much on interviews, except that Islamic one. So I am quite shocked this man even has any supporters. And sorta tells us what kind of people they would be to even think for one minute that this man can tackle China, Japan, Mexico, PUTIN, or even the congress! Frankly, I’m starting to wonder if the Carson candidacy is some type of JOKE? I mean, I really like him and I was a supporter in the beginning, but my goodness!

OMG! BTW I may seem like I’m shouting in writing, but truth be told I am laughing throughout writing this. That video is literally A COMIC GEM!

LOOOOOOOOOL!

• liberty2828 says:

I do think Carson is a very nice man and has done fantastic things in his life. I just find watching and listening to him, he is not showing a presidential persona. I hope he doesn’t have a neurological problem but maybe it is just a habit or emotional issue. We should have the candidates put forth their medical records at some point.

HIs self described violent past should eliminate him as a candidate.

• NYGuy54 says:

Carson’s got energy like Hal (the computer in 2001 A Space Odyssey) does. He is such a boring speaker. Not inspiring at all.

• SharonKinDC says:

I find it fascinating he conflates violent behavior w/ ‘energy’. Something’s wrong with this dude.

25. Shepherd_Dawg says:

Ben Carson is a splitter candidate who hurts Trump’s chances of winning the nomination.

In the interests of the conservative cause (and America’s survival), Trump and Carson should do some kind of deal where Carson is offered a cabinet position in exchange for dropping out and endorsing Trump.

As it is, Carson (and Fiorina) are greatly assisting Jeb Bush by splitting the conservative vote, and preventing conservatives from uniting behind Trump.

26. Folks, Trump says regarding recent polls in the Tapper interview “looks like I have to try harder.” That means Trump fully intends to win Iowa. We cannot forfeit it to DR GENTLE BEN! Trump loves this country and he loves winning. Carson is a good social reformer that’s IT. He is not called to be the president and if he is truly led by God’s Holy Spirit he would already know that. So he’s running on pure vanity – or – he is part of God’s plan to block that JebMap splitter that once was but is no more! Besides, Trump and Carson are in basically a tie, in no way is Trump even close to losing or lagging in Iowa.

No, Trump will not give Iowa to GENTLE BEN as a consultation price. Winners do not operate like that. There are no half-baked plans with winners. Trump is seeking WINNER TAKES ALL! And if God truly has heard our prayers to save America this time and He truly has sent a man like Trump to do it, then by golly TRUMP WILL WIN AND TAKE IT ALL!

• TheTorch says:

I agree, although he knows that IOWA is not that important in the scheme of things, at the same time, he also realizes that it would give him momentum into the next primary.
      Also if Trump can pull a win out in IOWA, and considering the make up of that electorate, then it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could run the table on the following states. 😀

• jello333 says:

That’s kinda my thought too. If everything falls into place at the right time, I can see Trump winning ALL the primaries. (Has that ever been done?) And in the general, while there are a handful of states which would be almost impossible for him to win… all the rest? Yeah, I can imagine a massive landslide.

• WSB says:

Which ones? Maryland, CA, Vermont, Washington State, Oregon? Any VP pics that could change that? Whitman maybe?

• jello333 says:

Vermont, if Hillary gets the nomination, I can see the state MAYBE going to Trump since Bernie’s hardcore supporters would more likely jump to him than to Hillary. The other states you mentioned, he’d have a good shot, but I doubt California… or Massachusetts… and of course DC. (Not sure if I’m leaving out anyone 😉 )

• keebler ac says:

Yay!!

27. phil fan says:

Talking about Donald coming back to tie “Gentle Ben” in Iowa = this happened to Reagan in his first campaign. He fell behind substantially, his support collapsed from like 50% to under 30% in some polls/regions and he came back for a landslide. This was on Buchanans website. It’s YUUUGE and means people have been thinking, assessing and now are coming to conclusions. They are getting wise to Sleepy guy and I predict Trump carries Iowa. (Can’t find the link, will look)

• keebler ac says:

You said….. prevent Carson from spreading to other states like NH and SC.

You are so right! Carsonitis has to be nipped as quickly as possible! His supporters only see a half-lidded man who speaks foggily and sometimes hits the right note 50% of the time and they fall for the hypnosis. People who close their eyes while talking like Carson are either troubled by a malady or wish to escape. It’s self sabotage, and false testimony to presume it’s God who wants him to run. Vote for ethics, principles and creed not superficial self-appointment as the defacto voice of God. It’s blasphemous and lowering of voter defenses.

28. sam says:

I think Trump don’t need to win Iowa but he should still focus time in Iowa force Ben Carson to waste more resources and time in Iowa and prevent Carson from spreading to other states like New Hampshire and South Carolina.

• keebler ac says:

You said….. prevent Carson from spreading to other states like NH and SC.

You are so right! Carsonitis has to be nipped as quickly as possible! This is no time to stand back and let the sleeping disease spread! I sound awful saying this but his supporters only see a half-lidded man who speaks foggily and sometimes hits the right note 50% of the time (not good odds) and they fall for the hypnosis. People who close their eyes while talking like Carson does are either troubled by a physical malady or wish to escape. It’s self sabotage, and false testimony to presume it’s God who wants him to run. Vote for ethics, principles and creed not superficial self-appointment as the defacto voice of God. It’s blaspemous and lowering of voter defenses.

29. sam says:

Also note that this polls have 2 segment, half was taken in Sept and half was taken in Oct(read it somewhere). Hate to admit it but Trump is still trailing in Iowa to Ben Carson but he should keep fight and don’t give up.

30. C-J says:

I am sure Dr. Carson may be a good person. However, since a considerable part of his political support comes from the evangelical community, then that same evangelical community should feel obligated to carefully investigate his religious beliefs. Many evangelicals are not even aware that Dr. Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist. And even if they are aware of that fact, they still have little or no knowledge of what SDAs actually believe.

Videoviewer (in Comments, 10-25-15 @ 5:18 p.m.) presented a good summary of those aberrant beliefs. But there is a HUGE “elephant in the room” that should be of primary importance to evangelicals who favor Dr. Carson because of his stated Christianity.

The “elephant in the room” is the controversy regarding Michael, the archangel, being incarnated as Jesus. My brother-in-law has been steeped in SDA doctrine for 45 years, and has been teaching SDA doctrine to large groups over the internet for 30 years, so I would say He would be considered as somewhat of an authority on SDA. He unequivocally believes and teaches that it was Michael, the Archangel, who descended from Heaven and was incarnated as Jesus. Then, when this “Jesus” ascended (returned) to Heaven, he resumed his identity as Michael, the Archangel. Hello? The cornerstone of Christianity is that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, the Second Person of the Triune God. A person cannot be saved unless he believes this core doctrine, that Jesus was, is, and forever will be, the eternal Son of God.

Does anyone know if Dr. Carson belongs to this particular faction of SDA – if he is in agreement with this “Michael=Jesus” belief? To me, it seems crucial that evangelicals discover what Carson, personally, believes. IF he believes this “Michael=Jesus” heresy, then he is NOT a Christian, according to the strict Biblical definition. This should be an important matter to those evangelicals who support Carson based upon his stated Christianity. Guess we have to work harder to broadcast this SDA information to the general public.

31. C-J says:

Oops! Make that “ ………. so I would say he [small case] would be considered as somewhat of an authority on SDA.” Tired fingers.

32. 1american1st says:

When I saw that 55% of the respondents thought the economy was “Fairly Good”, I knew this poll was pure BS! Only a Liberal would respond like that.

Well, it’s CBS after all… “Crap Barack Said” network