Representative Paul Ryan Officially Runs for Speaker of House…

paul-ryanWASHINGTON DC – Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is officially running for Speaker following demands he made of House Republicans this week to unify behind him.

Ryan said he would not run for Speaker unless all three of the major House GOP factions endorsed him: the hardline Freedom Caucus, conservative Republican Study Committee and centrist Tuesday Group:

Paul Ryan Letter

[…] House Republicans will vote behind closed doors Oct. 28 to nominate a Speaker. A full House vote to formally elect a new Speaker is slated for the following day, Oct. 29.

Ryan had previously rejected pleas from colleagues to run for Speaker after John Boehner (R-Ohio) announced he would step down from Congress. But after Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) abruptly dropped out of the race earlier this month, pressure grew on Ryan to run for the job.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Election 2016, Paul Ryan. Bookmark the permalink.

103 Responses to Representative Paul Ryan Officially Runs for Speaker of House…

1. flawesttexas says:

The so-called Freedom Caucus supports him. When Amnesty Liberals like Raul Labrador sit on a Freedom Caucus…you ain’t getting freedom

2. Suzanne says:

if he wins this we are so screwed

3. BenY says:

We have 0 representation. The elites will do exactly as they want and continue the destruction as they line their pockets with crony kickbacks. I’m convinced that there is no politician, no matter how eloquent their “conservative” speeches are, who will change the corruption. Right or wrong, Trump is our only hope.

• Madeline says:

There is something so evil about Washington DC. I believe some actually go there to really do the right thing but when they get there they are so corrupted by money, sex and power this is what we end up with. I remember Rick Perry saying that congress should only be part time and congress people should live in their district and keep their jobs. I agree with him on that (thats all) keeping congress out of DC might help.

4. Dan Schwartz says:

At least he’ll (hopefully) be better than the suntanned alcoholic louch holding the Speaker’s gavel…

• snaggletooths says:

Sorry to say he will be much worse then John Boehner ever was.

• Ryan will give us full on amnesty either deceptively through TPP or crying— “we must do this to get the Hispanic vote.” When amnesty is pushed through, Trump will be silenced and ridiculed by our rulers and Hillary will be ushered in just like they all want. Game over guys.

• rjcylon says:

Yes let’s all shoot ourselves.

• R-C says:

I’d like to find the individual or group that will ever “Silence Trump”.

Don’t forget that Theodore Roosevelt brought in the custom of the “Bully Pulpit”. Trump will no doubt best Teddy at that, for no president ever has had the negotiating (and coercive) skills of Donald Trump.

He’ll get things out of Congress that even Congress won’t believe.

5. flyanddive says:

Any real Conservative movement is immediately moved upon to be controlled by the establishment. The Tea Party was a great example of that. It went from being a movement to stop government debt spending, to a right wing fringe group that was labeled racist at record speed.

• As one should expect from a political class that drooled at the feet of Saul Alinsky. Hillary wrote her college thesis on Alinsky.

These are the truest of domestic terrorists – the next generation of the Weather Underground. Domestic terrorists not, perhaps, in the same sense that jihadis are terrorists, but terrorists who can incite those who can, in turn, accomplish things like labeling others as ‘racists’ and ‘haters’ “wack jobs’, ‘right-wing conspiracists’ (did i get that right, Hillary???) – and using that as just a jumping off point. They can define who someone is, and they can send death threats and terrorize children by picketing a house and screaming vile epithets when the parents aren’t home.

The pity is that there are so many open-headed useless tools that they zombie run along with the pack, destroying 200 years worth of achievement with little more than their utterances.

This is one other facet of what is destroying us besides the political class – it’s the worker bees of the political class’s Kings and Queens.

6. fred says:

That is real establishment power on display. For two weeks it was yeah Boehner is gone thanks to the Freedom caucus. Suddenly after a little cajoling the worst outcome that could ever be foisted upon us occurs. Man that’s power. The sudden and out of left field flip and cave routine by these guys left my mouth open. It still is… in disbelief. I cursed everyone and made a fool of myself as anger got the best of me but I bet that happened to a few of us. That was a major loss and will be hard to recover as Ryan will push forward all the issues we hate and will be successful in the name of unity and getting along. Obama is singing zippity do dah……

7. Steve in Greensboro says:

My House district is represented by a commie. If yours is represented by a Republican, suggest you call his office and tell him that if he votes for Ryan, you are voting against him in the primary and for the Dem in the general.

8. El_Flaco says:

Ryan makes it official after the gutless rank and file have already coronated him.

9. I’m so meh on him.

Apologies if I’ve missed this in previous discussions but Club for Growth & Koch Brothers fund Freedom Caucus? Is this true? http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/freedom-caucus-koch-club-growth-214973

10. Nickel says:

Great! an open border establishment
    RINO!
    Wow!
    40 years I voted conservative and what has it gotten me? Nothing!
    Another reason we need Trump!

• regedit says:

I wish Donald went 3rd party
      As you see it doesnt matter if we win or lose
      It RINOS narrative for past 20/30 years if you go 3rd party you hand victory to democrats -so what -it doesnt matter they are all the same

• Juan says:

A third party candidate has virtually no chance … even one named Trump. He knows that & is why he made the pledge. There may be the same on some issues, but totally different on many that matter.

• regedit says:

I voted for Bush and Mccain and Romney how are they any different than say Clinton
          People stop lying to yourselves -we have majorities in both chambers of Congress -that didnt change anything
          Its because of that kind of thinking we keep electing Mccains and all these RINOS
          GO 3rd PARTY that is only way to go-imagine Donald winning -do u think he will get any help/cooperation from “our”Congress

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

You voted Conservative?
      Or you voted Republican?

• regedit says:

I always vote conservative( which is futile exercise since i live in Cook County Illinois)
        but my point is even if your “conservative” candidate wins it really doesnt matter they all change and leave their principles after the elections

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

I agree with your point, was just wondering if you were one of many who confuse republican with Conservative.
          And I am just north of you in Lake County. We are getting closer to your futile situation every election.
          Hell, Tammy freaking Duckworth is my Rep.
          Ugh.

• winky says:

You must be registered republican to vote Trump unless you have open primary in your state

11. Nickel says:

calling my REP tomorrow. Voting conservative had backfired on us. Will not vote GOPe.
    The more Trump pisses off the GOPe
    The more I like him!
    Long live TRUMP!

12. georgiafl says:

Like the Bushes, and Obama, Ryan doesn’t believe in borders or national sovereignty: http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2015/10/paul-ryan-doesn-believe-in-borders-or.html

13. jamal says:

Whenever a politician says…”people who work hard, and play by the rules”…he has self-identified as a low-life corrupted POS.

14. timmihendrix says:

Can anyone explain to me, a municipal employee and union member, why I shouldn’t throw my principles out the window and become a mindless democrat IF the gop manages to oust Trump while promoting republicans who’s only actual deviation from the democrats is that they despise government union workers?

• Piper says:

timmi- it’s been a frustrating day for me too! Hang in there buddy, we’ve GOT to maintain for a year- I just imagine Trump slogging through this crap everyday and I think if he can, I can- he’s our only chance, we’ve got to keep it together and keep each other motivated.
      It’s crazy how invested emotionally you can get when you feel like you’re loosing your country and way of life!

• Melania for 1st Lady says:

In answer to your question, timmi, yes – if the establishment destroys Trump you should absolutely vote Democrat. Actually, I would urge you to vote Constitution Party (the largest right-wing third party; the only right-wing third party that’s on the ballot in most states) but it’s up to you.
      Just, please, please, please don’t vote for the slimebag GOP establishment. If they destroy Trump they deserve to lose and lose big.

For me it’s between Trump (my first choice by far) and the Constitution Party. For you, timmi, it sounds like it’s between Trump and the Democrat Party.

Hey GOP! Notice anything here? Two voters who support Trump but will not be voting Republican otherwise. Trump brings all people into that “big tent” you’ve always wanted.

• timmihendrix says:

I’m with you. I’ve been registered constitution party for years now. I’ve just lost all hope for the republican party and really do think that the best thing for our country in the long run is the destruction of the gop.

Does that make me a Fabian capitalist?

• TheTorch says:

timmi, ironically it is actions like this by the GOPe, that helps ensure we will get Trump as the nominee! They are so clueless it is unreal, just fires up the base to kick them even harder!

15. Piper says:

I’m probably preaching to the choir here, and it probably will make no difference, but contact your reps, maybe an email a day will make Ryan go away… I’ll go 1st-

16. Libertas says:

Ryan will never say is working for Americans or the American people. In fact, he just inferred that Americans can achieve their highest level of success until they are replaced for half wages by h1b visa replacements such at a Disney and other companies. He cares not about Americans. Ironic isn’t it?

17. winky says:

It would not have made any difference whether it was Ryan or Boehner because Boehner would pass the same stuff…..except this jerk is making them agree to not being able to get rid of him…I cannot believe that guys like Meadows and Lee would vote for him. He probably does not have ALL the members…….They probably think they won the lottery because of Hillary today but she is not off the hook yet….maybe on Benghazi but not yet with the FBI

18. FireAm 85 says:

Obama wins BIG with Ryan as SOTH, America not at all.

19. hocuspocus13 says:

What happened to Webster?

Isn’t he still running for Speaker?

If so let’s get him front and center

20. Doodahdaze says:

Below is a partial listing of the political parties that are covered on Ballotpedia.

Darkpurpleslashed.png : 2010 Peace Party
    Limeslashed.png : Alaskan Independence Party
    American Independent : American Independent (CA)
    Conservative Party : Conservative Party
    Constitution Party : Constitution Party
    Democratic Party : Democratic Party
    Green Party : Green Party
    Independence Party of America : Independence Party of America
    Independent : Independent (No party affiliation)
    Constitution_Party#Independent_American_Party_of_Nevada : Independent American (Nevada)
    Darkgreenslashed.png : Justice for Vermonters Party
    Libertarian Party : Libertarian Party
    Pinkslashed.png : Liberty Union Party
    Moderate Party : Moderate Party
    Green Party#Mountain Party : Mountain Party
    Peace and Freedom Party : Peace and Freedom Party
    Progressive Party : Progressive Democratic Party
    Lime2.png : Progressive Party (Vermont)
    Greenslashed.png : Vermont-Independence Party
    Reform Party : Reform Party
    Republican Party : Republican Party
    Tea Party : Tea Party
    Working Families Party : Working Families Party

Pick yer poison.

• ZurichMike says:

Tip of the day: You can make very long URL addresses much smaller with this cool website:

• And if you have firefox, you can download it as an add-on; I love tinyurl and google translate add-ons. If you don’t use firefox, check how your browser of choice works.

• ZurichMike says:

Thanks for the tip! I do indeed have Firefox and the add-on is fabulous!

• Google translate has been an incredibly useful tool for following pinterest links to websites in other countries; I keep trying to find the end of pinterest and think it might be like looking for the end of the internets, lol…

On a more serious note, I use Evernote to save web pages I want to keep track of and be able to tag for later reference. Well, ok I don’t tag ’em yet, but might get to it in the future – for now searching in my Evernote account notebooks is pretty easily done.

Firefox has an app that delivers you right into Evernote, called Clearly. You might be interested in that, too, Mike. I started using it during the Ebola breakout and continue using it now trying to keep up with the political shenanigans. Clearly transfers the page information without all the ads and extraneous jibberjabber, and posts to your account with an automatic link. You know how pages sometimes disappear? yeah, like that!

With that, adieu. Time for this old girl to turn in.
            Blessings, all.

21. Ace says:

With all due respect, you people seem to think our country’s problem can be solved in a year.
    No…it will take a generation IF undertaken now.
    The first step is to annihilate the Republican party.

• Justice_099 says:

You’re right. That’s why we should shut up and support Ryan and vote for Bush to stop Clinton.

• You’re right

It took the socialists a century and a half to achieve what they’ve managed to do, and it will take at least a generation (probably more like three) to undo it all.

But annihilating the Republican party would be a good beginning. And the first step in doing that is to elect an outsider like Donald Trump. And that will only work if he can pack the SCOTUS with some real conservatives that have a true desire to see the Constitution revitalized by reversing a great many decisions made by the leftists. That, and we need reforms in Congress that will put an end to their shady dealings.

• rjcylon says:

People are frustrated, and I can understand that but I’ve never been one to give up and say there goes the Republic. If our founders had that attitude we wouldn’t be here today.

22. belle says:

Wake up America!

23. Justice_099 says:

But… but… what about that beautiful propaganda video the Tea Party and Freedom Caucus just released yesterday?

Sigh…

• BigMamaTEA says:

here’s Dianny from PatriotRetort: She calls it “His Royal Speakership”

• Justice_099 says:

I said it yesterday and repeat it again, I despise propaganda regardless which direction it comes from. I sighed when I watched it posted the other day because I know when I see Propoganda, someone is trying to sell me a load of excrement.

All it did for me was convince me that the FC was going to support Ryan after doing a little bit of political theater and a few fluffy self-promotion propaganda pieces pumping things up to believe in them.

And those dollars turned out the be blank on one side. Like always.

Never trust propaganda. Never. No matter who it comes from.

24. Backspin says:

Why do the RATS need 2 votes, 1 in secret ???

25. yohio says:

We need to just find away to at least show are strength by flooding everyone of these freedom caucus members email account, Twitter feeds, facebook accounts and any social media we can to not vote ryno Ryan. It won’t.probably work, but would be nice even for us to see how many of us who are out there and what it looks like if work together. They had a percentage like 90 something percent of the people polled were against Ryan for speaker. Do a lot.of people here have these senators information

• Doodahdaze says:

We are being governed, not represented. Sad but true.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Why yohio, so glad you asked……..{grin}

The following list are Members of Congress who were elected since 2010, or who are Members of the House Freedom Caucus.

These are the people who our movement helped elect and it’s time that they do what’s best for the country and usher in new leadership in the House.
      It’s time for them to #ChooseWisely.

*Denotes House Freedom Caucus Member

Reid Ribble WI-8 202-225-5665 @RepRibble
      David McKinley WV-1 202-225-4172 @RepMcKinley
      Alex Mooney WV-2 202-225-2711 @RepAlexMooney
      Evan Jenkins WV-3 202-225-3452 @RepEvanJenkins
      Cynthia Lummis WY-At Large 202-225-2311@CynthiaLummis

26. Muskrat says:

President Trump will be met on day one by an army of highly-paid (by we taxpayers) lawyers and naysayers who will relentlessly work to block his programs. Speaker Ryan and Majority “Leader” McConnell will actively (but with plausible deniability) help them. Bet on Trump and WTP to prevail, however.

27. As long as there is no amnesty crap nor surrender of any sovereignty we should be fairly satisfied until we can replace the commander in chief… the immigration/amnesty possibilities are what I worry about.

28. truthandjustice says:

It ain’t over till it’s over. Think Ryan is up for re-election next fall – possibility he could lose. ?
    I’m sure we will have many unexpected events before then that may help us. It all looks pretty bad now except for Trump’s popularity. Depends too how many more “real” Conservatives we get elected. And in my view, it really depends if God is “with us” or not. If so, then it will all work out somehow. I tend to think He is but……..hang in there.
    It’s certainly no time to give up. These are times that try men’s souls…………..history repeats itself and hopefully OUR early history will repeat itself.

• Backspin says:

THIS … No Confidence in Ryan. – Notice how they ALWAYS say ” It’s a done deal ” , long before any vote … Trying to discourage any resistance . Old tactic is well known, and it FAILS.

29. Ziiggii says:

Unless I missed something Ryno did not get the endorsement from the Freedom Caucus but some sort of “majority” support and the FC has not pulled its endorsement of Webster. Meaning there was some type of deal floated to FC members and some bit on that offer. So to me there seems to be some type of in fighting within the caucus about where it stands on principles or how to move forward and negotiate with the GOPe in some way. The DC will be looking for Ryno’s first lie to break whatever contract they schemed up.

Not to mention that Ryno has already broken a promise to We the People by deciding to run regardless of his terms.

30. bob e says:

this is the hardest day for our side i have seen in a long while ..

31. Ziiggii says:

Oops weird!!

32. Made in USA says:

Screw that Cabal Of Corruption (CoC) stooge, Paul Ryan, he’s a mincing RINO weenie, and sellout, he reminds of Eddie Munster when Grampa turned him into a girl (wish I knew how to post that pic)

33. RINOKiller says:

When the voters vote him out, Ryno cannot hold on to his role as SOTH.

Watch Trump go out and find his challenger and campaign for him

34. winky says:

Huelskamp from a state I cannot remember came on Lou Dobbs tonight and apparently Ryan has promised he will not put immigration to a vote for at least 11/2 years…after election…also agreed that he will not try to change the rule that no one can get rid of him….Trump was interviewed also by Dobbs and said if he was elected he felt he could work with him.

35. ZurichMike says:

We are all shattered by “bad” news: Hillary’s extended campaign speech / hearing; a poll in Iowa, machinations that give us Paul Ryan as Speaker, anti-Trump media whores banging the drum for the Democrats. It can be disheartening. But Trump has reignited a passion for the country, and in a little over 4 months — about 18 weeks this is what he has accomplished:
    He has exposed the media’s bias and forced them to behave more fairly to him.
    He has knocked the Beltway Bullies back to their perfumed boudoirs to sulk.
    He has shown how the GOPe is a crony organization (and this led in part to Boehner’s departure).
    He has energized a vast, disaffected electorate.
    He packs venues with those who never were interested in politics before.
    He leads.
    He negotiates.
    He connects with people — using the language of ordinary Americans.
    He is a billionaire with a common man’s touch.
    And he has done this without spending millions and millions of dollars like his well-funded, well-protected opponents in both parties.

There will be bumps in the road. He knows this, because he has had a real job and had to face all kinds of adversity: zoning commissioners, politicians, unions, environmentalists, competitors.

But he is in it to win. And Reagan did not win Iowa either.

Keep the faith.

• winky says:

Well said…read that Trump is leading her 70% to 30%.she came out damaged today….A Latino guy wrote a fantastic piece on him on Breitbart …….20 reasons why Trump is the candidate!!

• stringy theory says:

It is easy to become disheartened, but I honestly believe Trump will prevail. This Iowa poll is just one poll in one small state dominated by evangelicals and others who are drawn like magnets to touchy-feely candidates who speak softly to them. Santorum and Huck also won Iowa and went nowhere. Trump is leading big time in the states that vote after Iowa and I simply don’t see his supporters melting away. I sure as Hell won’t be melting away and trust you will be along for the ride also. Go Trump!

36. tellthetruth2016 says:

From what I’ve read Ryan has been friends with Gutierrez and held his same radical views for 2 decades………He tried to keep this a secret and never mentioned a word when he ran for VP in 2012……. IMO he might be more radical han even Boner………..