Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

Pope John Paul II

About Patriot Dreamer

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.” ~Ayn Rand *************************************************** In the battle between good intentions vs. unintended consequences….UC always win. ~Sharon
Image | This entry was posted in Bumper Stickers. Bookmark the permalink.

90 Responses to Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

1. stella says:

I am not Roman Catholic, but I understand and admire what the Pope has said about marriage and abortion, homosexuality, and other matters that are the concern of Christians. When the Pope speaks on such matters as immigration, climate change, and capitalism, I hear what he says as his opinion, quite like any other public figure.

• joanfoster says:

I am not Catholic, but members of my family are. I do not believe the clergy is called to preach anything beyond the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Once you change a person’s heart, he/she will change how they interact with the world. The Pope was not called the Vicar of Christ to embrace a certain popular brand of science or social dogma, but the message of Jesus Christ, crucified for the forgiveness of sin, a risen Lord and coming again in power and glory to reign forever and ever. Let the politicians fight over the legitimate and illegitimate issues of modern life. The clergy has no other mandate than to point mankind to the way of salvation. Said more succinctly, the Pope needs to give up his penchant for “social gospel” and “political speak”, and tend to the matters of the soul.

• Les says:

I’m not Catholic, but I loved and admired Pope John Paul II. When I hear “Pope” I automatically finish it with “John Paul II” in my head.

“the Pope needs to give up his penchant for “social gospel” and “political speak”, and tend to the matters of the soul.”

The real Pope had some things to say, I just happened to agree with him:

“The historical experience of socialist countries has sadly demonstrated that collectivism does not do away with alienation but rather increases it, adding to it a lack of basic necessities and economic inefficiency.”

Pope John Paul II

How can they be so different? It’s like a different religion now. I feel badly for white Catholics. Pope Francis isn’t on your side.

• cmsfl says:

I am Catholic and I want my religion back.

• Les says:

I hope you have a good parish. When I decide to enter a house of worship, I pick a location with lots of elderly people. They usually aren’t as crazy and they don’t want anything, they are there to give.

• cmsfl says:

I do have a good parish and you are right in regards to young vs old. The parish that is close to my home is to modern. So I travel a couple miles to a parish that more to my liken.

• Wes says:

I am Catholic and it is increasingly difficult to find an all-traditional music Mass at one of the four my Church offers. The contrast between a guitar led pop song followed by “Here I am Lord” is too much for me to handle; it vulgarizes the entire beauty of the Mass.

• Wes says:

I’m reminded of one of the songs last week, the “Down to the River to Pray” ditty. I was deathly afraid that half the congregation would break out in applause afterwords. Half the congregation was looking around wondering what to do with a ditty like this. Turning the attention away from God and to the choir loft is unholy.

• remster says:

I am a catholic, although a little rusty, I loved John Paul II. I can’t even watch and listen to Francis on TV. He sounds like a mouthpiece for obama and the left wing.

2. wfgiuliano says:

That was a pope.

3. hocuspocus13 says:

Amen

4. 1american1st says:

AMEN to Pope John Paul II’s statement.
    Our current Pope needs to stick with the Church, not politics & certainly not the Climate Change scam.

5. flyanddive says:

Anyone notice that Pope Francis didn’t mention Jesus in any of his speeches? He did say Allah is God though, is this just pandering to the liberals, and our Muslim Prez?

• georgiafl says:

No, that is not true. That is blasphemy. Islam is a false religion and Allah is a false god.

• georgiafl says:

Evidently Pope John Paul II said the same thing as Pope Francis and believed the Jewish and Christian GOD is the same as Allah: “Today I would like to repeat what I said to young Muslims some years ago in Casablanca: “We believe in the same God, the one God, the living God, the God who created the world and brings his creatures to their perfection” – May 12, 1999

Catholic Catechism #841 teaches the same thing – that Islamists worship the same God as Christians.

Several Christian teachers and preachers I respect do not agree with this teaching.

• Stephen says:

It makes one wonder whether Mr. Bergoglio has read John 10:30, in which Jesus Christ is quoted as follows:

“I and my Father are one.”

That is incompatible with the notion that Christians and Muhammedans worship the same God.

• Stephen says:

And another: “Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father…”

• georgiafl says:

Not once did Pope Francis mention the Name of JESUS CHRIST during his speech.
            Whereas, St. Paul said, “I only know Christ and Him crucified.”
            “If any man come preaching another Gospel…”
            2 Corinthians 11:3-4 – “. 3 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.”
            Galatians 1:6-12 – “6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
            10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant[b] of Christ.
            11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man’s gospel.[c] 12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.”

It looks as though even the Pope has succumbed to the false religions and gospels of Global Warming, Communism, Social Justice and generic Monotheism – combining Islamism with Christianity and Judaism.

Has he done so willingly or has he been blackmailed or threatened by death and the destruction of the Vatican and Middle Eastern Churches?

A false gospel will not quicken and prick the conscience, will not convict people of sin, will not please God, will not bring the Gift of Faith by hearing the true Word of GOD, (Romans 10:17) and will not bring the Holy Spirit to change the heart, mind and soul of the hearers.

The Bible tells us how to bring Islam (the spirit of Assyria, Babylon, Egypt, Persia) to GOD – it is by the SWord or Word and Truth of the Bible, not the sword of man. (Isaiah 31:8-9)

Islam’s rise is the rod of discipline in God’s hand. (Isaiah 10:5)
            In the Bible, when Israel fell into sin, they were attacked and captured. Israel was only set free again when they returned to the Lord and His Commandments (Nehemiah 8, II Chronicles 7:14)

The Pope is an appeaser trying to make peace where there is no peace. (Jeremiah 6:14, 8:11, Ezekiel 13:10)

The world needs the true GOSPEL, the Church needs repentance and Islam needs conversion. That is the only way to the Peace of GOD, not appeasement, not compromise, not a social gospel.

6. Ziiggii says:

I’m a reformer so probably not like by the Vatican, but YES I do miss John Paul. He and Reagan were a powerful dual edged sword against the injustices in the world of their time. We do not have that type of leadership in these days only some 25-30 years later!

7. Christians in the middle east are being killed by the thousands in the most horrible ways (little kids have had their heads chopped off) and the Popes big concern when he met with Hussein Obama was climate change? Obama has played a large role in starting the civil wars in which Christians are being decimated. The killing of Christians should have been at the top of the popes list.

8. archer52 says:

Third world Pope raised in a communist/socialist society looking to cash in on 1st world revenue and redistribute it to third world nations- one of which where he came from.

John Paul understand the threat of communism.

This Pope embraces the thievery of communism.

It is that simple.

9. christinewjc says:

Did anyone here watch and listen to the prayer service at St. Patrick’s Cathedral? At one point, the interpreter (supposedly translating into English for what the pope was saying) said, “humanly speaking, Christ’s life was a failure at the cross.”

What???

I stopped what I was doing and re-played the segment just to be sure that I heard it right! My husband thinks that the interpreter made a mistake?

If the pope DID say that, then Christians everywhere should be outraged! That is NOT biblical belief or proper exegesis of what is written in the Scriptures!!! It is NOT a proper interpretation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!!!

Christine

P.S. As a former Catholic, now born again Christian, I have studied and learned how tradition and man-made “rules,” as well as the dogma of the Catholic church differs greatly with the Bible. I did admire John Paul II, but the idea that popes are descended from Peter is false theology.

Martin Luther was correct about the 95 theses he nailed to the church door! However, I doubt that even he would ever think a pope would say what Francis was purported to say (via the interpreter) about “humanly speaking, Christ’s life was a failure at the cross!” This is weighing upon my heart because I find it deeply disturbing!! I hope that the truth is that the interpreter got it wrong!

• christinewjc says:

Found the transcript.

The Washington Post: Transcript: Pope Francis’s comments at St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

Here is the exact wording:

And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.

• QuadGMoto says:

I think the key there is “humanly speaking”. To those who can see no further than the physical world, it did look like failure. The simple fact is that it was the key to our redemption, thus a total victory.

I just checked the transcript for myself. (Thanks for the link.) What I find disturbing is not the phrase that you cited, but that he simply stopped there. He didn’t point out that it was not failure, but victory. That God’s ways are not our ways (Is. 55:8). That God uses what appears foolish to the world to shame them (1 Cor. 1:27). Instead, he left the idea that Jesus failed just hanging out there, unresolved.

It seems he just expected Christians listening to him to understand the implication. But if you’re going to bring up a point like while trying to encourage people, spelling out that what looks like failure actually isn’t when it comes to faithfully obeying God* strikes me as a supremely important part of encouragement.

(*Refusing to follow God is actual failure.)

• christinewjc says:

Yes QuadGMoto! What you wrote is very well said! Thank you!

The fact that he “stopped there” and didn’t share what you have written is terribly disturbing to me!

The link that Les shared below to a Christian Today article, shares an explanation that would have made the statement more plausible. For example, this quote:

“We do well to remember this love story that seems to fail, but in the end triumphs,” Francis concluded.

It almost seems (to me, at least) that a paragraph or even a page was missing from his speech!

• Doodahdaze says:

This dope believes in CO2 Global Warming. He is just awful. On Par with several other “reverends.”

• The NY Times posted a transcript of his remarks:

“we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross”

So it appears that the pope did say Christ’s life ended in failure.

• georgiafl says:

I have heard a similar statement from evangelical preachers.
        The Crucifixion, death and burial of Jesus looked like a defeat or failure, but the Resurrection showed Christ’s victory over sin and death.

The coming of the Holy Spirit empowered the Disciples to preach, teach and bring more people into Christ’s Kingdom.

• Les says:

Maybe the message of Pope Francis loses something in the translation…

• christinewjc says:

georgiafl,
          It would have been more accurate and biblical if Francis said what you wrote. But…he didn’t.

• georgiafl says:

Yes, this Pope left out the good part, the whole transforming, miraculous, Gospel.
            The Gospel is foolishness to men, St. Paul said. But it changes hearts and minds.

“17For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
            18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,
            “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
            and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”
            20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach[b] to save those who believe. 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.” – I Corinthians 1:17-25

• christinewjc says:

Exactly!!! Thanks so much for sharing that important portion of Scripture! Wouldn’t it have been great if the pope said all of that?

I have noticed that he doesn’t usually quote Scripture. Wonder why…

10. Les says:

May I respectfully ask a Catholic (just a run-of-the-mill-raised-in-the-faith kind) a few questions? I would like to understand how you feel.

Do you feel you are being asked to support either your country or your church? Somebody posted a link to the “Where are you from?” talk by Netanyahu, do you feel this Pope represents different countries at the expense of the US and EU?
    Do you feel this pope is splitting your church by pitting Latinos/and or Socialist countries against all others?
    Do you have to agree with the pope (papal infallibility)?
    Were there groups of Catholics who disliked what Pope John Paul II said? Because everybody I know loved him.
    Is this discussed after Mass in the parking lot?
    Would you stop giving as much money to the church because of this Pope or will you just stay faithful and hope for a differently-minded Pope someday?

If nobody answers, I understand.

• Stinky-Inky says:

This too shall pass.
      “And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

• Les says:

Do you think so?

The organizations who are housing and defending the illegal aliens (the ones paid by the government without our consent and with our money) are all mostly religious organizations (Catholic, Lutheran (some call Catholic-Lite), and Baptist. I always think it’s hinky when the Feds support church “charities”.

I can supply the links to back this up, probably many have been called out somewhere in the Treehouse.

I don’t see it passing. I see me distrusting church organizations as much as I distrust the gov’t.

I admire your faithfulness, just wondering how you feel about such things. I understand you are taking the long view, your church has been around quite a long time.

• Sentient says:

The concept of infallibility is pretty simple, really. I know other Christians disagree with this but Mt 16:17-19 is taken to mean that Jesus put Peter in charge of the church in an ongoing office. Other verses like Acts 1:20, Titus 1, 1 Tim ch 3 etc establish that the apostles’ offices were to continue. Jesus said the gates of hell wouldn’t prevail against His church. Catholics understand that to mean that God won’t let his church formally teach (through its leader) any error in faith and morals. Even of you only understand it as a gimmick, popes can (and do) maintain the infallibility schtick by never contravening any prior pope on an issue of faith or morals. There is no expectation that a pope will know anything about science, math, economics or global warming. I really don’t like this pope at all, frankly. He’s a socialist and an idiot, if you ask me. There tend to be liberal parishes and orthodox (conservative) ones. Most liberal Catholics don’t understand the Church’s reasoning, just like liberals in general are not very good at reasoning.

• Les says:

Thank you.

Do priests offer their own opinion in your local parishes?

There is something to be said for church services that follow a structured form. It allows for continuity of faith without personal opinion interfering so much.

• georgiafl says:

John 3:3

• czarowniczy says:

I always thought that papal infallibility was a bit of an overreach. I understand that the early church needed to have the dogma but when you look back at the Popes there are a few real winners (John XII, Alexander XI, Innocent IV, just to name a few) that really stretch the infallibility issue. I find it hard to accept that just because Jesus chose Peter that Peter and anyone who followed him shares a Christlike infallibility is well, a bit hard to accept in light of some of the actions of a lot of Popes through history.
        We can do a little sidestep and say that he’s only infallible when speaking ex cathedra but when isn’t he speaking ex cathedra and speaking as the leader of the Church?

• Doodahdaze says:

In that case the Catholic Church is in big trouble. Communism never works. Even if the Pope gives it a go.

• Sentient says:

Ps, there were lots of “Catholics” who didn’t like John Paul II: homosexual activists, pro-abortion people, lesbian nuns, liberation theologists, socialist materialists, etc.

• Director says:

Catholicism was the bulwark of western civilization.

Now it is the battering ram for Africans and Asians who wish to take our stuff.

11. Mary Ellen says:

That is why he is SAINT John Paul II
    There is no comparison to this Jesuit fraud.

• czarowniczy says:

That’s my man. He was born a few miles from my grandfather’s birthplace and, 28 years ago, I was nose-to-nose with him in a thunderstorm. I had a coworker whose son was in the Vatican and when my father died he got John Paul to bless a St Joan of Arc medal my father was buried with. Most of all he knew the evils of a government that had ‘socialist’ as any part of its title and that people didn’t get self-esteem from queueing up for handouts from a beneficent state

• czarowniczy says:

I know I gush too much over John Paul but with all of the famous people I’ve ever had the privilege to work for/with/bump into he and Reagan fight for top spot.
          When the Pope came to New Orleans (September, 1987) the area they picked for him to hold mass out on the lake front was right out by our joint military facility. There were three of us who had the security clearances to work security for the mass and as they were building a huge chain-link security fence that would adjoin our motor pool area they had us man the emergency gate they’d installed.
          We were way away, almost farthest corner, from the mass area, hidden from view by trees and some small buildings. The gate was there for emergency vehicle access and we were there to secure it from unauthorized access. The NOPD was to be the guard of honor and secure the main gate area far away from our site.
          We heard that the Pope was in the area on our radios just as a huge black thunderstorm came out of nowhere and just poured a blinding rain on the crowds – thunder, lightening, blinding rain, the whole 9 yards, the clouds were even almost down on the deck. the two of us stood there soaked to the skin and getting more soaked by the minute – no rain had been forecast so no one had rain gear.
          As we stood there we heard a siren chirp and could see some flashing overheads coming up the small road through the field and trees – we though that NOPD was coming to laugh at us and give us the finger so we opened the gate to let them through and get them on their way. The unit stopped and said that the Popemobile was about 100 feet behind them and was going to use the back road into the mass area as the main one was blocked with wet attendees. The unit left and as we watched the Pop[e mobile slowly cruised up to the gate and stopped halfway through. We are standing on the ground, right up against the Popemobile, John Paul’s standing in the glass bubble and rain’s just sheeting down on all of us. He looks down on us, smiles and stifles a laug as he notices our name tags – we’re both Slavic. He gives us a little blessing and we just stare at each other for a few minutes while the NOPD clears the road to the alter.

Amazing part was that as his driver got the message the road was clear and the Pope could go to the alter the rain started to ease. As his car got closer to the alter the rain stopped, the clouds parted and the sun shone through. As he mounted the alter the clouds disappeared and over 200-thousand soaking wet attendees just marveled. Every one of the local news stations carried the event, complete with the parting of the clouds, though it’s seldom mentioned now as the MSM has declared it a coincidental meteorological event with a physical explanation – you don’t even see the films of it now. Sorta like how his and Reagan’s destruction of Communism’s explained as a fiscal event resulting from the evil doings of the oppressive Capitalist masters.

12. Stinky-Inky says:

I miss Benedict XVI.

13. Mary Ellen says:

Les,
    John Paul II was a gift from God. In the Church, at Mass, I am horrified at the left wing nuts who are lecturing to the people. I get it that all of the Popes in recent history had a European background. They do not understand the American way, as it once was. The Jesuits have have been teaching social justice, social economics, and liberation theology for decades. John Paul II was totally against it. No, we don’t talk in the parking lots because they are full of rabid liberals, both laity and priests. Speak out against it, and you are treTed the same as you are in the public domain.

• Les says:

You must feel about Pope Francis like you feel about President Obama. It’s always sad when you can’t feel at one with every member of your congregation. There are hard questions here about who is faithful and who is just playing it. There are so many religions in the world, you would think people would switch religions instead of trying to change the church.

I’m not a big church goer, but I understand that destroying the church will be the downfall of society. We need the good people to balance out the rest of us. And we need the church to be there, intact, for those who are ready to return.

This issue troubles me greatly. Liberals ruin everything they touch.

14. Mary Ellen says:

Can’t switch religion. Once Catholic, always Catholic. I do feel the same about the big “O” and Francis. Just keep praying! And btw, no I don’t give to their feed the Bishop or anything else. Jesuits taught me a LOT!

15. Honest Abbey says:

While watching Pope Francis give the Homily at Vespers tonight, I was shocked by his opening comments. Right out of the gate he expressed sorrow for the Muslim stampeede today. I completely understand why the Pope would acknowledge this, but I just found the timing a little insensitive. Did he forget where he was? I certainly didn’t expect the first words out of his mouth to be “My Muslim Brothers and Sisters”. And why am I the only one who seems bothered by this?
    Note to God: I am not criticizing Pope Francis, just trying to better understand him, so please forgive me if I sound a little hostile.

• Plain Jane says:

I totally dislike his political harping. He needs to keep his nose out of the climate garbage “science” and quit trying to guilt us into accepting terrorist and what not into our society.

That said and hopefully out of the way- for me at least, he is extending that love Jesus extends to all of Abba’s creation. People willingly convert to our God of love and do not willingly convert toward a god of hate. I’m hoping that many of these hapless invaders will find the One True God from their journey. Although God can make miracles happen, I have less hope for the invaders who are coming here to do us ill.

I am a practicing RC from cradle. Our whole family is practicing RC. Fortunately we know that even though the Holy Father’s political words can influence, they are not dogma and therefore not a matter that needs to be adhered to by RCs.

• Honest Abbey says:

Hi Jane, Thanks for the reasonable comment. I would have more appreciation for the Pope’s comment had it come perhaps, at the end of the Homily, or better yet, in Philadelphia tomorrow. NYC is still healing – 14 years later.

• Plain Jane says:

Honest Abbey, I recognize your comment as one of a fellow traveler. It’s really difficult for me to take his comments in the spirit that I hope he makes them and translate them into what I know is our reality. It’s even more difficult to take his comments at face value knowing his political ideology was formed in a Marxist leaning environment. (Does that makes sense?)

• Honest Abbey says:

Jane, you make perfect sense! I’m curious if Pope Francis has any knowledge regarding the number of 9/11 funerals that took place right there in that very same church he held Vespers at tonight? Does he plan on visiting the WTC Memorial, maybe to Bless the site? There are still victims who were never recovered from the debris. What about them? They did not get mentioned tonight. Jane, my questions are not directed at you personally. I am just thinking out loud, so to speak.

• Plain Jane says:

I understand perfectly what you are saying. I’m tired of trying to defend (to myself) what he says and doesn’t say. I also know though that so much is cherry picked by the left press, and I have seen where even an Encyclical (not one of Papa Francis’) was so changed in translation that one critical segment took on another meaning. The change was in the english translation and I found in the English version of the official Vatican newspaper about 12 years ago. The wrong version wound up in a book of that particular Encyclical. The true version is at the Vatican website and Priests for Life had the correct translation on their website also. I posted a link of interest in tonight’s open thread that has me curious. I don’t know if I am allowed to “cross post” it.

• georgiafl says:

Climate Change is a false religion/false gospel. Why do you think they ask candidates, “Do you believe in Climate Change?”

16. RINOKiller says:

This pope has got to go!

17. czarowniczy says:

Interesting how he snubbed the POtuS and Congress to have lunch with the homeless. Granted, the POtuS could have had a hand in it along with the Pope to give Congress the finger – though I note that folks like Plastic-Nancy or Boner chose the white bean soup in the cafeteria over the homeless buffet. A nice touch to show the homeless he feels their pain but the I get drawn back to how he’ll get back onto his private airliner, fly back to his suites in the Vatican and generally live a life far better than the homeless he leaves behind or even the monks that choose a more cellular life. An update of that old Anthony Quinn film: ‘Gucci’s of the Fisherman’. How I’d love to see prospective Popes take the path of the Coptic Popes in training and have a more monastic and contemplative lifestyle when not involved in state matters.
    OK, get them slings and arrows ready, I’m awaitin’…

• Honest Abbey says:

Just an FYI – The MSM went out of their way to inform us that the Pope does not have a private plane. He flies Business Class on commercial airliners – which the Vatican books as a charter.
      The “Homeless” lunch was reported to be a “common” meal as it was just Boneless Chicken Breasts. For this middle class family, boneless chicken breasts for lunch is considered a splurge.

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, to me it’s parsing. I suppose that the American Airlines plane he flew on was private and ‘his’ plane. As if any airlines would offer the Pope a religious discount and pack him into airline steerage – better known as coach. The Holy See does have an arrangement with the Italian Mistral airlines, leasing flights to take pilgrims to the Holy Land so we’d have to really look with one eye at the concept that the Vatican doesn’t have an airlines.
        As for humility and sacrifice – I’ll fell he’s more in touch with the martyrs when he flies Southwest.

18. Charlotte says:

This Pope is a fake. he was elected after canvassed cardinals to vote for him–which is illegal:

Another thing-Obama’s Chief of Staff, Denis Mc Donough has a brother Kevin. Look what kevin did:
    “Older brother Kevin is facing a fall from grace of his own. But unlike Denis, this fall is of his own making—what many are calling his “insidious and criminal” cover-up of child sex abuse in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Now, he’s refusing to cooperate with the police.

See more at: http://theworthyadversary.com/2483-the-politician-and-the-priest-two-brothers-and-a-fall-from-grace#sthash.vF9TsTSB.dpuf

They are all corrupt this new lot.And many of the older sexual abusers too. For too long the Church turned a blind eye and actively covered it up.

19. Will says:

Bergolio and Barry. Thing #1 and Thing #2 “these things are not good things” Christians being crucified and massacred in some of the oldest communities in the world. Christians dragged away by their hair in the Communist country where one just spoke and the other is in cahoots with. Silence. Both things are silent, both are complicit. One masquerades as the head of the church, the other as the leader of the free world. God bless the lady who wanted to throw the shoe.

20. ZurichMike says:

I am so disappointed in Pope Francis, who is nothing more than a Latin American Liberation Theologist — a front man for Marxist-infused Christianity

• Doodahdaze says:

Bingo. The Communist Pope. His next schtick will be from the Book of Marx. “To each according to his need. From each according to their ability.” Embrace the suck.

21. Compwhiz 3001 says:

I consider myself a “John Paul the Great” Catholic, if there is such a thing. I’ve been thinking a lot about his teachings these last few days.

22. Doodahdaze says:

What in the world is the Vatican up to? Are they pre-positioning because they know of something big coming? They survived two World Wars and Communist Russia. Right smack dab in the middle of it. Fishy.