I’m officially saving up money to go live in an abandoned mine and start huffing radon….

barber 1Washington, Pennsylvania – A Pennsylvania barber got slapped with a fine for refusing to give a woman a haircut.

The owner John Interval says his shop is a place for men to relax with a cocktail or a beer. But now, he’s facing legal action from the state’s Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs. Interval says he didn’t know he has to service both genders.

“Paperwork started showing up and I’m like ‘Oh my God,” Interval explained. ‘I didn’t really consider it so much a discrimination thing as it’s a barbershop, you know.’

According to Interval, he will respect the law and pay the $750 fine. (video)

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Legislation, Occupy Type Moonbats, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

98 Responses to Sweet Meteor of Death, Take Me Now – Pennsylvania Barber Fined For Not Cutting Women’s Hair…

1. 1hear2learn says:

Maybe she identified as a man that day. 😈

2. hocuspocus13 says:

What’s next…the Italian American Club

And personally as a woman…for Pete’s sake let the men have a place of their own to be you know “guys”

I guess we’ll have to let you men into our sewing circles and let you sell Avon 💋 red lipstick anyone…

3. aprilyn43 says:

Wow, when a barber refused to cut my hair I just thought it was his right. Didn’t complain, didn’t report him and I didnt “Feel”” Offended”. Wow, I’ve been missing slot if lawsuit dough!

4. Clownzilla says:

F the law (or ordinance or statute)…and the fine…and the commie ninnies that run your gulag of a state. Close shop and relocate somewheres else.

5. Chip Bennett says:

Let her come in.

Then cut her hair like mine.

6. jakeandcrew says:

Why in the world is some woman demanding to have her hair cut at a barbershop!? I’m sure she could get her hair cut at many other places. For goodness’ sake – get a life and leave the barber alone. If they want to have a “he-man woman-haters club” let them have it. It’s as American as “The Little Rascals”! 😉

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

• auscitizenmom says:

I believe it was called “The Gentlemen’s Club” or something like that. That is why he was targeted. He should have cut her hair when she insisted. And, if she ended up looking like a weird man, so what.

• michellc says:

I know of women salons that don’t cut men or boys’ hair, I guess in today’s world they could be fined or sued and have no idea that is the case.

• jello333 says:

There are tons of “ethnic salons” that cater only to blacks. While I doubt they’d ever explicitly turn away a non-black (for fear of a lawsuit), they make it pretty clear who they WANT as their customers.

• michellc says:

Speaking for myself I’m fine with that. I’m sure just like a barber who only knows how to cut the hair of men and boys, they only know how to do ethnic hair.

• jello333 says:

Oh yeah… IF that’s their justification. But my wife and I walked into a “black” salon a few years ago, to ask for directions to another store in the area, and we were given some not-so-nice looks, and a terse “Nope” when we asked if they knew where the other store was. Hopefully our experience was the exception… but I don’t know.

• michellc says:

I couldn’t tell you as I’ve never been in one. I’ve learned though during these Obama years that there are rules for the majority that doesn’t apply to any minorities.

• auscitizenmom says:

About 20 years ago, my son was about 7 and we had moved to a town in GA. I was having trouble finding a barber to cut his hair that was going to be in the salon the next month. They seemed to change a lot. So I stopped at an old barbershop off the beaten path. When I opened the door, there were about 8 black faces looking at me and my blond son with straight hair. When I asked if the barber could cut his hair, he apologized and said he could only cut black people’s hair. I just thanked him and that was the end of it. I was not offended.

This situation was a total set up because it said it was for men. Disgusting.

• jello333 says:

Oh my God…. check out my comment at the bottom. I just posted before reading any others, and now I see yours… you beat me to it by hours. 😉 (And what would make both of us think of the same thing, anyway?)

• jakeandcrew says:

I think it’s because we remember a time when boys were boys, and girls were girls – they were different, and that was okay. And we could laugh about the differences…we could laugh. All of this PC nonsense takes away humor, it takes away joy.

• 1american1st says:

You said, “All of this PC nonsense takes away humor, it takes away joy.”

Yes, all this Liberalism is sucking the life out of America.

The Communist Dems want to turn us all into one gender, one class (spreading poverty equally), non-thinking robots, who worship the government & only say what the government tells us to say. Tell me that’s not Communism. Think North Korea.

Under the Obama administration it has been 1 big step for propaganda, 1 giant leap for Communism.

• lorac says:

What a fool. Barbers only know how to clip hair. They don’t know how to cut longer hair into women’s styles. And if this activist event were to have any traction, she’d end up destroying the opportunity for WOMEN to have any same gender areas. She just must be nuts.

• auscitizenmom says:

This attack technique has been used for years. Back in the 70’s during the anti-smoking campaign, someone opened a non-smoking bar and it was immediately attacked and taken to court for not allowing smoking. They drove it out of business quickly.

• SteveC says:

It was probably an Ugly lesbian that wanted a cut like a guys.

7. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Tonight at dinner, Perry Como said, “That’s why I got out of the business.” 😉

8. georgiafl says:

Tell her she also has to take the free shave that comes with the haircut.

9. michellc says:

I don’t know many barbers who know how to do anything but a man’s haircut, which is why the only barbershops I’ve ever entered was to take my sons into for a haircut.
    I’m so sick and tired of the stupidity and I sure do miss the good old days when men were men and women were women.

10. Socrates says:

MY GOD is there anyone in the world who is not offended or sees themselves as being discriminated against ? He was in a situation that he could not win. I am sure if he had cut her hair she would have sued for the haircut not being correct.
    Where is an extra abandon mine shaft as that sounds good.

11. ctdar says:

Make it a club, charge an upfront enormous nonrefundable yearly fee, that gets credited/allocated toward future haircuts and see how many women want to go there more than once.

12. 1harpazo says:

It was probably a lesbian wanting a man’s haircut. If I didn’t want the female business, I’d charge $1,000 for every haircut and then I’d give $985 to every man after his haircut because I appreciated his conversation, or it was his birthday, or anniversary or in commemoration of his huntin’ dog’s seventh litter, etc.

13. jackphatz says:

Feminist hate, men and woman.

• lorac says:

Feminists fought to get women the right to vote (even to the point of being jailed and force fed on orders from the president), and got a lot of laws changed so that women could stop being second class citizens. I hate that these newer people (who want “trigger warnings” – first wave feminists must be turning over in their graves) give feminists a bad name.

I have no idea if they consider themselves feminists, but everyone derogatorily calls them that. I wish they had a different name, to distinguish them from the women who did important work, and gave all of us women some of the freedoms we now take for granted and forget that brave, determined feminists fought to get them for us..

14. A classic example of what happens when the world is run by politicians and lawyers.
    He said no, so he was fined. He says yes and he gets sued for a bad cut.
    Perfect !!

15. justfactsplz says:

More and more of our freedoms are taken away everyday. This man’s freedom of choice was violated. My word, I’m glad I’m not a florist anymore. I would get sued big time.

16. shiloh1973 says:

A quote from Charlton Heston
    “Political Correctness is tyranny with manners”

17. vickie says:

This is a true story. I once had a friend that had no medical insurance. He hurt his elbow and it had formed a pocket of serum. My papa had the same thing happen to him. I took my Papa to the DR and all he did was take out a huge suringe and draw the fluid out. So, I go an idea of what could be done to get it drained. I got his friend to take this guy to a vet. I figured it would be cheaper. They filled out the paper work as one guy, (Matty) being the other guys pet dog. When they were called into the examing room and the vet came in he said, ” where’s your pet dog Matty”? The guy said right here and he pointed to my friend Matty with the elbow fluid. Needless to say the vet was shocked. They showed him the elbow and ask if he would drain it. They explained Matty had no insurance and Matty was in horrible pain. The vet said he could loose his lience for doing such a thing but he pulled out a huge suringe and drained it. He actually patted Matty on the head and gave him a dog biscuit. Then he told them to get out, never come back again and never tell anyone he had helped them out. He didn’t charge them a thing and wadded up the paper work and threw it in the trash. LOL……… Problem solved. No one would be offended except maybe some real dog. They never told me the name of the vet so, they kept their word to him.

18. shiloh1973 says:

Sundance, love your intro on this. “Live in a mine and huff radon.” I moved to a seven acre piece of property 8 years ago. I am ten miles out of a small town. I only leave it when I absolutely have to. The less people I come in contact with the better. God save us from the raging idiots.

19. Lad says:

I hope he fights this. It is no different than a customer demanding that a welder build a wooden deck for his house because he’s a fabricator. He could argue that he does not feel comfortable cutting women’s hair because its not his specialty. Just like a welder wouldn’t build a deck unless it was made of metal.

20. wanthetruth says:

If I were him I’d make everyone sign a waiver that what you get is what it is – no complaints allowed. Just a standard waiver then kept on file for regular customers. Because I wouldn’t doubt they’d make him a target now as there was truly no real reason to do this in the first place.

If / when she came back, I’d give her a hair cut alright.

21. Sandra says:

I want to see a picture of her.

22. Sandra says:

Maybe it wasn’t even a real woman. Maybe it was one of those drugged up Bruce Jenner things. You know, XY chromosomes, but doped up on a high octane female blend of hormones.

23. texan59 says:

I’m thinking about going to Curves and start working out. If they don’t let me in, I’ll just sue the crap out of ’em and sit on my butt for awhile. 🙄 😆

24. Monday I’m going for a mani-pedi…….wait…..what if they do it…….ok……wait……Monday I’m going to Planned Parenthood for a mammogram…..there, that oughta do it……. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. TwoLaine says:

Since finding out that men’s haircuts have numbers, I must admit I’ve been very jealous. It would be so nice to just say I want a #5.

Do you men have any idea what it’s like to train and retrain and retrain on a simple haircut? Show ’em a picture and they STILL can’t get it right! The barber who let’s us in, I’d go in a heartbeat! 🙂

26. TwoLaine says:

OK, so I guess that means that you men can go to the gynecologist for your annual exam from now on, and us females will go to the andrologist. Let’s just mix it up a bit. 😉

PA Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs

27. TwoLaine says:

LOVE the photo bomb!

28. FTWPhil says:

Who says she has to like the haircut?

29. jello333 says:

Spanky, Alfalfa, and the others would be fined AND imprisoned if they even thought about trying to start their He-Man Woman Haters Club today. 😦

(Hey Sundance, save me a spot in your abandoned mine, okay?)

30. beth60497 says:

I guess Sports Clips will be targeted next….and they’re a whole chain with deeper pockets…

In the early 1990s, Gordon Logan recognized the huge potential, and relative lack of competition, in the men’s and boys’ haircut market. He wanted to create a place where guys could take care of one of life’s necessities – a haircut – and say “This is my kind of place, I feel comfortable here” when they walked in the door. Assembling a group of passionate industry professionals, Gordon and his team worked together develop the unique Sport Clips Haircuts concept we know today

31. manickernel says:

Cocktails, beer? He needs to add pole dancers. Would keep the feminists out.

32. emet says:

Sorry lady , I THOUGHT you said mohawk

33. nivico says:

Barbers go through entirely different training than beauticians… completely different ‘hair’ schools.

Why would he be required to provide a service he is neither qualified nor trained to do ???

34. Millwright says:

Can’t think of why a woman would want her hair cut in a “barbershop” . While I’m sure some barbers can cut/style longer hair I suspect they’re a rare breed these days. FWIW, one of the best haircuts I ever got was done by woman “hair stylist” at her home. I used to get my hair cut at a Stapleton Airport “barbershop” by one or the other of two women while getting my boots shined. It was a thriving business ! None of which is germane to this story !
    One local shop I frequent has a decidedly male atmosphere and I can’t imagine any woman entering for a haircut, unless its for her son and then she’d probably visit the bagel shop next door !

• mikayla825 says:

My aunt was a barber and I loved it when she cut my hair, my mom the cosmetologist hated cutting my hair because it is so thick and coarse. I can’t help but wonder what my aunt would said about this story.

35. PreNanny says:

It will be interesting to see if the PLCB does their own investigation now that this is national news.

Full details of this story are hard to come by and forgive me if I did not click the “49th link” that might been the one that did anything but copy the original poorly written article.
    We know how it began: A female made appts for herself as well as her boyfriend .
    We know how it ended: Owner must pay a $750 fine.
    There is a whole lot of what went on in between that we just don’t know about.
    My gut tells me all those in between details would show this is not even a local news
    story. This is not a battle of the sexes thing. my 2 cents

• wondering999 says:

Yes, it would be interesting to hear if there’s more

And do you know what there’s a crying need for? People who will come to a home and cut the hair for people who are homebound. Especially someone who is also an LPN, who doesn’t use drugs, burglarize and steal, and has a good reputation, could do a thriving word-of-mouth business (with people who also don’t steal and rob people who come to their home)

• littlered says:

When I lived in the UK, you could easily get a mobile hairdresser. They advertised everywhere and you just call and make an appointment. They come with wheeley-bin full of dryers, and curlers and do your shampoo in your own kitchen sink!

There are also mobile dog groomers as well!

• auscitizenmom says:

My hairdresser does visit when one of her older regular customers cannot come to her salon, and sometimes will go to someone if requested, even if they aren’t a regular customer. My previous hairdresser, before I moved, did the same thing.

• jakeandcrew says:

In 2002, our town of La Plata was hit with a devastating tornado. The salon my family uses was out of commission for a few months. So, our hairdresser came to our house until the shop was opened again. The look on my then 2yo’s face was priceless. He looked at her like, “What are you doing in my house?”

In so many ways, big and small, we helped each other out during that time…it was pretty special.

• SteveC says:

That kind of thing would be a private duty nurse paid under the table.

• auscitizenmom says:

If you can find that out, be sure and post it, because you are right about what led up to the fine. We really don’t know. My money is on disruptors.

36. yohio says:

Should have given her and aflac haircut

37. SouthCentralPA says:

Place seems a bit frou-frou for my tastes, that’s for sure. To answer the multiple questions, the only other group of women (besides those of the Sapphic persuasion) to get haircuts at a barber are older women who can’t justify (or maybe afford?) getting a salon cut anymore. The barbers usually make special arrangements (first thing in the morning, or on days when he’s app’t only) so that they don’t have to listen to the locker-room language, etc…

38. Sandra says:

One thing I find interesting: she went to cosmetology school, may have even graduated. So she should know more about the hair cutting business than the average person. To me this stinks of set up. If you read any of the articles, apparently after she complained because they were turning her away they offered to hook her up at a salon and offered to pay for her cut as well. A very generous gesture! i’m tired of these brats. I hope her hair falls out from over-processing.

39. Seems to me all he has to do is say he only gives one style to long hair…

The Trump Cut

40. SouthCentralPA says:

SD, don’t do the mine/radon thing, just move to Centralia and squat in an empty house (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania). And stop by and visit on your way, if you can 🙂

41. remster says:

PA now has a democrat for governor.