Saturday Open Thread – September 5th

tomb of the unknown - memorial dayOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

305 Responses to Saturday Open Thread – September 5th

1. czarowniczy says:

Interesting piece in the Jerusalem Post, Trump is supposed to have said that the Obama/Iran deal will put the US in the position of militarily defending Iran were Israel to attack. I have no opinion on the validity of his statements as I haven’t seen them on CNN, NBC, CBS, etc, but the Post immediately poo-poos the possibility. What’s also interesting to me is that if the deal in any way even leaves a crack in the door to defending Iran from any foreign attacks on its nuke facilities then Russia’s the one I’d say needs watchin’.
    I’ve said before that Russia has a deal with Iran to build a gaggle of power and research nuke plants in Iran purely for peaceful power and research – blahblahblah, all words that can be easily redefined as needed. There’s also been the need on the Russian’s part to justify bringing in the advanced series of S-300 AA systems and this agreement may provide that. One wonders if, to get an agreement, the POtuS’s krewe agreed to some parsable wording to salve the Russian and Iranian feelings that there should be something there that allows them to go back to their joint plans to destroy Israel. Yes, you can add the Administration to that group with plans to destroy Israel.
    Ah well, time to go back and drink some more conservative Kool Aid and dream dreams of a RATless world…

• czarowniczy says:

“…as I haven’t seen them on CNN, NBC, CBS, etc,…” BTW, that’s sarcasm, if there were any doubts

• wanthetruth says:

Czar, Trump did say that. He said the agreement called for us stand with them against attack – which would include Israel if they Attacked Iran. It was in an interview (which I have watched out of chronological order over time) and I don’t remember who he was talking to – I’ve watched so many. It was last week one day when I watched it though.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Go read what Congress has “to date.” It’s about 160 pages. Oh, and btw, the count is now up to 17 or 18 side deals that Congress is not allowed to see. ps. It’s in there.

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, I figured that. I believe the Russians had that put in to give them an opening to bring their 1st-line SAMs in that they don’t allow to be used by non-Russian forces. I do believe that the US knew about the wording, you’d have to believe the professional US negotiators and writers who have a deep understanding of the issues are too stupid grasp the importance of the wordings. This was on purpose.

2. kinthenorthwest says:

This is so True..
    There is too little family time anymore.

3. BigMamaTEA says:

Oh my gosh, second page on CATURDAY AT NOON???!!!

4. BigMamaTEA says:

Has this place been invaded?

5. nyetneetot says:

Happy Caturday!

6. Be Ge says:

Angola becomes the first country in the world to ban Islam. Islam as it exists today is a destructive sect, not a proper religion, decided the Angolan government. All islamic organizations will be taken off registration and all mosques and minarets will be destroyed.

I was very skeptic about anything man-related from sub-Saharan Africa that is not of European or Semitic origin. If you exclude the things whitey and Jews and Arabs are ultimately responsible for, you will end up with mfekane (total genocide), AIDS/Ebola and other goodies of the sort. I have to do admit this is something refreshing (albeit you can still say the statement holds, as Christianity in Angola was brought by Europeans and its central figures are Semites).

Gotta luv the comments by the leftards and the islamists. This is illegal, this is stupid, this goes against the international law….as do a lot of things done in the countries that are more than 50% Muslim. Go Angola!

7. Like A Boss says:

The picture speaks for itself. http://www.policeone.com

8. stella says:

Somebody just posted this again on Facebook, and it made me cry. I don’t think I should be alone, and this ad deserves to be seen again anyway:

9. lilbirdee'12 says:

Happy Caturday Everyone ! Just had to share The Ted’s FB post. LMBO !

“So, I was walking through Chicago and I saw that there was a “Muslim Book Store.” I was wondering what exactly was in a Muslim bookstore, so I went in.

As… I was wandering around taking a look, the clerk stopped me and asked if he could help me.

I imagine I didn’t look like his normal clientele, so I asked, “Do you have a copy of Donald Trump’s book on his U.S. Immigration Policy regarding Muslims and illegal Mexicans?”

The clerk said, “GET OUT!, GET OUT AND STAY OUT!”

I said, “Yes, that’s the one. Do you have it in paperback?””

10. Backspin says:

Dusty in here , got something in my eye. For anyone interested , links to Fox Lake ,Il Lt. ( G.I.) Joe Gliniewicz donations & Memorial T – shirts. I have no connection to them , just equal parts sad and pissed off.
    http://www.booster.com/flpdltgliniewicz and http://www.foxlake.org

• rashamon says:

The response — far beyond Fox Lake — notes the remarkable career of this man, who gave of himself every hour, every day. As so many others, he served in the military and law enforcement to make the world better. God bless his family, friends and fellows.

11. czarowniczy says:

There I was, flipping through the channels to find the ‘Dusk Till Dawn’ marathon and suddenly – a 55″ screen full of violent Spanish-speaking vampires out to bled and drain all of the Gringos in the room dry! Took me a minute before I figured out it was actually the televised meeting of the DNC campaign platform group – back to flipping…

12. Doodahdaze says:

Prediction:
    The wall to wall coverage of the Muzz fleeing th ME means Obama is going to bring in millions of new Muzz.

13. Officials: 3 hurt in University of Arkansas machete attack

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Officials have arrested a man they say injured two people with a machete during an attack in a wooded area near the University of Arkansas campus, reports CBS affiliate KFSM.

I am outraged, I tell you! OUTRAGED!

We must start a movement to stop machete violence immediately! If all machetes can’t be collected and destroyed, then we must (at least) pass legislation that requires a National Registry of Machete Owners and require Universal Background Checks to qualify for machete ownership! We also need “Smart Machetes” that will only work for their “programmed” owners! If people feel the need to protect themselves, they can blow whistles, or wield single edged butter knives!

Call your Congressman today! #EndMacheteViolence !!!!

14. BigMamaTEA says:

Christian Pastor In Vermont Sentenced To One Year In Prison After Refusing To Marry Gay Couple

The Honorable Myron Danus handed down the harsh sentence.“Religious freedom goes both ways, Mr. Horner,” Danus told a packed courtroom. “It is not your place to deny individuals the same rights that everyone else has, rights that were passed down and agreed upon in a court of law, the ultimate court, the Supreme Court. It is not your decision whether or not you agree with the law but more importantly that you follow it and enforce it.”

15. The Tundra PA says:

Haven’t seen this linked here today, and it’s a good one:

Trump plays the part of a narcissistic blowhard, and his fans enjoy the joke. But when push comes to shove Trump is a very smart businessman who does know how to negotiate tough deals. He has faced business failure more than once, and managed to come back. Obama is a narcissist who has never experienced failure and who lives in his head; but it is failure that can turn narcissists into realists. The business world is all about reality. Trump’s obnoxious habit of naming every phallic building he owns into Trump X is also a PR gag. But whereas Obama is a grim and ruthless narcissist who really wants to run the world, Trump has a sense of humor.

And he has enough common sense to ask, “Why in the world are we giving hard-earned money to countries who hate America and want to hurt our citizens?” The answer is “Because the Left hates America and wants to bring us down.” Trump doesn’t have to say that. All he needs is to ask the question. So far Jeb Bush has not been able to say those commonsense words.

and

I admire conservative writers like Will and Krauthammer. But on Trump they have forgotten their basic Edmund Burke. More successfully than anyone else, Donald Trump is tapping into a deep popular unease about the moral and intellectual sleaziness of the ruling Left. The Left has been turned the country into a daily freak show, with Obama and Hillary smashing the constitutional furniture just because they feel like it. They are a national disaster.

and

What’s the answer to eight years of Obama fanaticism, both domestically and in foreign policy? It’s normal American pragmatism. Almost all our presidents have been practical people who didn’t follow some radical script to coerce human perfection. When you look past all the pizzazz, Trump has a long history of being practical. And unlike any Republican candidate I can remember, he is genuinely popular. He has Burkean common sense.

Will and Krauthammer don’t seem to see that a popular conservative movement for these times may look more like Liberace than Mozart. They think Trump is a wild man, when he is in fact cleverly appealing to the side of us that feels constantly violated by the aggressions of the Left.

Trump has tapped into a tsunami of everyday Americans’ complete disgust at the cesspool of liberal DC politics. It is a movement that will grow and grow and grow. The time has come.

16. Backspin says:

Are they ALL refugees ? Or are large numbers going to be a radical insurgent 5th column that will easily blend into the local population ?

17. judyw says:

Immigration By The Numbers

18. The Tundra PA says:

Waahooo! Sundance is linked on Lucianne.com again today (the post from yesterday, Tripwire Alert: Hillary Clinton Favorable Rating Lowest Ever). Lucianne doesn’t link to websites that are “just blogs”; their recent frequent links to The Conservative Treehouse confirm what great investigative journalism Sundance is doing.

• stella says:

I think there were four links yesterday, and the one you mention was at the top of the Must Read list. You can check by using their Search function, and entering Sundance as the Author.

19. Janie M. says:

This is why the European delegate visiting the US congress has been pushing the Dems to support the Iran nuke deal…it’s all about the benjamins: http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6339/iran-deal-europeans-profit

20. rashamon says:

WTF! This goes beyond antics and stupidity. These are supposedly the best-of-the-best representing the United States at every level. Dismissed, thank you very kindly. And do it in front of the nation to make a statement about integrity, merit and standards. The idiots at the top that allowed this to continue after the first inkling of misconduct also need a public dismissal. Geez.

21. nwtex says:

This photo was retreated on SD’s twitter. Customers at Starbucks praying with police officer before his shift.

Now check this out! I have chills on top of chills! —->

People across the country are posting photos of themselves praying with police officers in the wake of recent law enforcement murders.

22. archer52 says:

Was the county clerk targeted by activist gays for religious stance? I would love to get a copy of the marriage license and see if the applicants are even from the county.

I can’t find out what county they are from, but I’m betting it isn’t from Rowan.

William Smith Jr. and James Yates

I don’t have the resources.

23. kinthenorthwest says:

This needs to be shared all over FB & elsewhere

• kinthenorthwest says:

Sorry this can still be found under Dwayne Bryant on FB
      This is above the picture and post
      My brother, Marc Lamont Hill has called me “This Nigga…” for sharing my post with the Indiana State Trooper. He has a different perspective on my police stop in Indiana. In order to have true dialogue, healing and real solutions, I think it is important to invite ALL voices to the table. Marc is an intelligent man, worthy of knowing. Visit his Facebook page: Marc Lamont Hill.
      I am sharing his post and the comments of my other brothers and sisters. Marc, soon. I am certain we will meet each other. When you truly get to know me something tells me you will have a different opinion than the one you posted. Some times we say things out of emotion. Sometimes we say things out of ignorance.
      When we speak together as MEN, Black Men, Kings…. I am certain any division we have will be reduced to a slight misunderstanding. Also, if you want to view more posts to prior to our meeting, Visit with me on Ask Big Brother DB.
      Dividing two great Black men is an old trick. I am CERTAIN, WE BOTH are too WISE for that one.
      Looking forward to our conversation.
      Here is the post below the picture. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156004864465057&set=a.10153730476500057.1073741825.684555056&type=1&pnref=story

” I JUST got pulled over by Indiana State Trooper!!
      Ok, I’m sitting in my rental car with tears in my eyes! I have a BIG speaking engagement in Battle Creek Michigan tomorrow morning. I’m going to Lite up ALL the teachers in the Battle Creek School district.
      So! I’m driving from Chicago to Battle Creek. I KNOW I was speeding, then, DAMMIT!!! Police officer had me in his radar. I pulled over…. He asked the Question, Do you know I stopped you. I asked, “was I speeding?”. He clocked me doing 85 in a 65. Then he said, you also crossed three lanes of traffic to pull over without signaling.
      I thought… SH….!!! This is what happened to Chandra Bland!! I KNEW, I would determine the outcome!
      I was calm, was respectful, told the officer WHO I was (showed him by my actions WHOSE I WAS) and what I was doing and where I was going. He took my license and said, ” sit tight.”
      After about 5 min. He came back with a citation. He told me in Indiana, he coulda written me up for reckless driving because I was going over 20mph. Instead, he was only going to give me a $150 ticket.
      I said, thank you officer, I know I was wrong by speeding. I appreciate your kindness you have shown me. (I was really sincere!… Straight from the heart). I asked him could I take a pic because I wanted to post this experience because I’m always talking to my students about THEIR responsibility when pulled over by Authority.
      He asked me to give him back the ticket. I didn’t know what was about to happen, but I had NO fear during the entire encounter.
      He tore up the ticket, told me to sit tight, then he brought back a WARNING instead of a ticket.
      I am crying in my car, because God is SOOOO faithful! I sincerely believe, in MOST instances, it is OUR ATTITUDE, OUR BEHAVIOR, OUR RESPONSE that dictates the officers response.
      There is so much more to say, but I gotta get back on the road!

24. nwtex says:

All these homosexual activists are despicable imo….along with others of their ilk e.g. the “rassis” chanters. Also the brain washing msm. Shameful!
    ~~~

Oregon judge refuses to perform same-sex marriages
    Published: Sep 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM PDT

SALEM, Ore. – A judge in Marion County, Oregon, is being investigated by a judicial fitness commission in part over his refusal to perform same-sex marriages on religious grounds.

A spokesman for Judge Vance Day told KATU News in Portland that Day decided not to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies in May of last year when Oregon’s gay marriage ban was overturned.

“It is not my job to perform weddings,” Day said Friday during a brief interview outside the Marion County Courthouse. “I have the option of doing that and I’ve chosen not to.”

But Day’s spokesman said he did officiate weddings for straight couples between May and September of 2014 when he stopped doing weddings altogether, with the exception of one for a straight couple in March of this year.

Interview with the Judge —>

25. lilbirdee'12 says:

Our Heavenly Father, Your children come to you tonight to ask for healing and peace throughout our country so that we may return to being One Nation Under God. Guide us to be leaders in Your Kingdom, spreading Your love and salvation to all. Forgive us our sins and deliver us from evil. Lord, we ask for a blanket of protection over all our troops and law enforcement who serve to defend and protect us. Bless our representatives with the strength and wisdom they need to achieve the path You have chosen for us.

Help us to know whom You would have to be the leader of our Nation.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.

Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen