In light of current events, I’m glad someone made me go and watch this discussion.  The highly visible riddled anxiety is palpable, and DELICIOUS.  Charles Krauthamer and Charles Lane discuss their opinion of those damned insurgents who are just not conforming to the wisdom of the superior Washington DC class of professional politicos.

Meanwhile, Brett Baier doth protest his own defense a bit too much:

… The more he spoke of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons…

As Zurich Mike points out, Brett pre-planned his defense approach by looking up how many times Trump has appeared on Fox in comparison to Bush.  This reflects how concerned they are at the inability to predict our insurgency…. Wolverines !

Screenshot of Krauthammer below speaks volumes:

krauthammer look

Krauthammer is best friends with George Will, who said yesterday the insufferable Trump supporters would only be allowed in the Republican party if they came on the GOP terms.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Tea Party, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

330 Responses to FNC Brett Baier Panel Discusses The “Whacko-Birds” and “Emotional Crazies”, ie. US !…

1. kinthenorthwest says:

Another Good Article!!
    I have asked and said this many places! Isn’t a Debate where you ask ONE Question of Several Candidates, if not ALL Candidates. Seems that Fox felt it was Cherry picking questions at their whim. (Snipet From Article)
    Taking Down The Donald
    If his Republican opponents will not take down Donald Trump, Fox News will not only show them how it is done. Fox News will do the job for them.
    That is the message that came out loud and clear from last Thursday’s debate in Cleveland, which was viewed by the largest cable audience ever to watch a political event — 24 million Americans.

2. TwoLaine says:

As The Faux Turns:

Please don’t get ahead of yourselves on Laura. Didn’t anyone else count your spoons after she spoke too? She is off the reservation as well. This is clearly kabuki. She said, “We are looking for people to throw rocks at.” That is disgusting! That is rock throwing. THIS is rock throwing:

Calling someone out on the Truth is not rock throwing. It is TRUTH Telling.

She also slips in a little, “in fact, a lot of them don’t like Trump”. SOURCES PLEASE LAURA The LIAR.

I did not know before this that the kiddie table debate brought in a WHOPPING 6.1M vs. Primetime 24M. So, EXPLAIN to little dummy me how anyone at the Kiddie Table could be The Winner?

Especially after the rules had to be changed NUMEROUS times, 1.) to make a stage for them, 2.) to allow them to be there on stage. If they had less than 1% they weren’t even supposed to be there PERIOD!

BB, Just Another DC Primetime Faux Liar. It is his show that the sanctimonious Will George & Crumphammer sit on every night and spout their Trump Trash Talk. I have no idea whose arse he pulled his stats out of, but to say Trump has been on 36 times and Bush 3, SINCE MAY, is BLATANTLY & OUTRAGEOUSLY FALSE! They are gonna’ need a lot better bean counters at Faux. No wonder they are going down the tubes.

One of the call-ins on C-Span 3 yesterday made a comment that was perfect. He accidentally called the debate moderators narrators. SO TRUE. Faux does not get that they started the war on Trump the week leading up to the debate. They went for BLOOD in the debate, and the minute it was over, they immediately began trying to sell us on their version of REVEALING THE BLOOD.

They talk about debate vs. post debate, and Trump should have just stopped because he won. REALLY? HE WON? WHEN did Faux say that after the debate? WHEN? Is that what Looney Toon Frank said immediately afterwards on Faux? Is that what Looney Toon MK said immediately after on FAUX? Their after coverage was just as demeaning and disrespectful as their pre-coverage. It was so disgusting I turned it off, and called it a night. I haven’t watched them since.

Faux needs counseling. They are in De-Nile.

• rsmith1776 says:

Faux needs counseling. They are in De-Nile.

They are in something alright. In Deep… OK Nile, if we must.

• archer52 says:

I’m here to tell you she is not off the reservation. Had you listened to her radio show way back in 2006 or 07 when she was railing RAILING against illegal immigration, you would know. I actually wrote her about it. Why? On one hand she was telling everyone she was building this great home, on the other hand complaining about illegals working here.

What I wrote was this; You can have a great house. Sadly, with the condition of our labor force and its demands, nobody here wants to work in the hot sun for cheap wages. It is beneath us. We’ll work in the hot sun for large wages, but not less (and benefits of course because that is how we’ve been trained.) If you want local legal labor then make some adjustments. First, increase the cost of your dream home at least double. The roof you put on for ten grand with now be twenty. The “cost” isn’t single fold. The labor at the site is partially illegal, making less wages so the companies will compete with each other on the profit margin. The production, loading, transport etc of the material to the site will be partially offset by illegal immigration wages.

So pick. Higher prices for products like homes, or illegals warping the labor market by their presence.

I know this to be true because I interacted with the illegals and the contractors and the builders for years. I had my own roof replaced after a storm. The crew putting it on were Guats and the crew taking it off were Mexicans. The foreman was a white country boy. I asked him where were the whites and blacks. He looked sideways at me and said (and I paraphrase)

“Well, we hire them, but they quit after a few days, saying it is too hard for what I can afford to pay them. These fellows here never complain, are never sick, work hard all day, and are happy with what I can afford to pay them.” I knew the company, it was making money, but not a ton of money. So they weren’t sandbagging the job and keeping the cash. The market would only support so much.

So I wrote Ingraham- Make a choice. Affordable housing (and food and clothing) or no illegals.

The illegals in reality have warped the market and allowed for companies to make profits and people to have things. This is why the COC is working to get their guy in to create a permanent illegal labor force. It is business. They don’t like or dislike illegals, but they like the cost savings. The COC worries that if they get legitimized they will get recruited by organizations like SCIU and unionized- thus killing the wage advantage. Which is already happening. (Which is a greedy damned way to look at it.)

My argument all along has been to register them, limit their access to our welfare system and medical care, tax them and then allow them to work here as guests. Five years and you get looked at again. No job- you go home. Commit a crime- you go home fast. Simple.

If the receiving nation doesn’t comply with the return policy, then we cut off any federal assistance and treat that country as neutral if not hostile. It is NO LONGER our job to prop up other nations.

But that would be easy, everybody is too angry, corrupt or greedy to work with easy.

• TwoLaine says:

GO Sell it somewhere else PLEASE. THIS IS 2015! She is on the Faux reservation now. I know the code words. This is the same language they use on us for all elections. This is the same language they use for us on all issues we don’t agree with them on. This is the same language they use for us on the floor of the house and senate, every committee and at the WH.

• I want to pay the “true price” for things at the store. Vegetables, fruits, housing, etc. THEN everyone gets a choice what they are willing to pay. Otherwise the gubmint is taking taxes to pay for school, food stamps, welfare, medicaid, legal system, and whatnot for these illegals. I’m STILL paying in whether I buy vegetables or not.

I also think that the actual full costs of flying, ATC, and TSA should be borne by those that fly.

• Mike says:

Stop the welfare-thug gifts-at-gunpoint economy, and there are plenty of low wage Americans to build affordable houses.

• Dr. Bogus Pachysandra says:

And Debasement is right down the stairs!

3. workwithusall says:

Fox News Lurches Left as Murdoch’s Sons Take Control of Media Dynasty http://canadafreepress.com/article/74409

• joshua says:

I don’t know if folks know this…Ailes might make “nice” with Trump…but the Murdoch boys are died in the wool Libs…environmentalists, global warming nuts…you name it, and they are NOW Ailes BOSS…and he has always FOUGHT with them…His contract is up in 2016 for “renewal”…and he is not a fading violet.

read the stuff:
      For much of the past 15 years, Roger Ailes has operated with virtual impunity inside Rupert Murdoch’s media empire. Nothing, it seemed, could induce Murdoch to rebuke Ailes publicly, even if Ailes forced Murdoch to choose between him and his sons. Such was Ailes’s power that he has been able to run a right-wing political operation under the auspices of a news channel.

This week, for the first time, there are signs that this remarkable era may be entering its twilight. Yesterday, 21st Century Fox announced that Ailes would be reporting to Lachlan and James Murdoch. For Ailes, it was a stinging smack-down and effectively a demotion.

Just five days earlier, Ailes released what now appears to be a rogue statement to his own Fox Business channel declaring that he would be unaffected by the announcement that Lachlan and James will take control of Fox as part of Rupert’s succession plan. “Roger Ailes will continue to run the news network, reporting directly to Rupert Murdoch,” Fox Business reported. According to a well-placed source, Ailes directed Fox Business executive Bill Shine to tell anchor Stuart Varney to read the statement on air. “Ailes told Shine to write the announcement of the move for Varney to say,” the source said. “In it, Ailes inserted language that he would report to Rupert.”

This was, apparently, news to Rupert. And now the Murdochs are correcting the record. “Roger will report to Lachlan and James,” a 21st Century Fox spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter.

What makes the reversal most remarkable is that, until now, Rupert always backed Ailes during his messy feuds with Murdoch’s children. Ailes’s tangles with Lachlan were legion. Not long after 9/11, Rupert gave Ailes a new contract after Ailes threatened to resign following a heated argument with Lachlan in the Fox newsroom. Four years later, Lachlan quit his job as deputy COO in charge of the Fox broadcast group after Rupert supported Ailes in a dispute over a TV show that Ailes wanted and Lachlan didn’t. In 2014, Rupert did nothing publicly after I reported in my Ailes biography that Ailes once bragged to a Fox News executive about moving into Lachlan’s vacant office, thereby putting himself closer to Rupert than Lachlan. “Do you know whose chair I’m sitting in? I’m sitting in Lachlan Murdoch’s chair,” Ailes boasted to his colleague. “Do you know who’s sitting on the other side of that wall? Rupert Murdoch.”

Ailes and James have maintained a distant, if frosty, relationship. James is an environmentalist who led News Corp’s campaign to be a carbon-neutral company. His wife once worked for the Clinton Foundation. Ailes, a fierce climate-change denier, openly badmouthed James to friends and colleagues. He’s called him a “fucking dope” and “Fredo,” according to sources.

No one I spoke to in the hours after the news broke could remember a time when Ailes has been so publicly diminished. “History was made,” a longtime Ailes associate told me. “It is terrible for Roger,” said another. “It is a public contradiction. Roger takes these things personally. Worse, it shows that Rupert did not give him a heads-up of the management change in advance. That alone was a slight to his ego.”

Ailes’s contract is up in the winter of 2016. According to the many Murdoch-world sources I’ve spoken with in recent weeks, Ailes has been expecting to renew his deal. “Rupert is going to need me to elect the next president,” Ailes is said to have told an associate. But Ailes may have grossly overplayed his hand. According to sources, the fact that Fox’s ratings held steady during Ailes’s leave of absence last year over a health scare has given the Murdochs confidence that Fox could endure in the post-Ailes era. It’s an era that now seems to be closer.

• Lee says:

Well, it looks as if Fox will go the way of Establishment Pubbies… Content to lose, as long as they get paid. I predict that Fox’s #1 status will last more than a year, maybe more or less, depending on how they cover election matters. I have been a faithful viewer for years, but now am turning it off most of the time. Talk about killing the Golden Goose.. Stupid is as stupid does.

• jackphatz says:

So the Murdoch boys would not see a problem with yet another Left leaning news organization? Funny, none of the other alphabets get the kind of ratings FOX has received and just look at how many magazines (think Newsweek and Time) no one reads anymore, not to mention …what is a newspaper. Tuning out one more entity won’t really make a difference. We’ve begun to look towards our collective gut instincts.

4. Voltaire's Crack says:

Although I’m still processing what Laura said, I have to keep in mind that she has gone much more colorful rounds with these folks in the past over related issues. For instance, I think she handed Charles Lane or Ron Fournier (forget which, but I think Lane) his butt when he tried to forward the faulty line that “Trump says all Mexican immigrants are rapists”. It really wasn’t pretty at all.

The sense I got in today’s performance was that for a change she was not speaking to the viewers, but rather speaking directly to the panelists and hosts, trying to calmly enlighten them on points they might be receptive to hearing as a way of getting them to see what they are missing. If that was her intention, I can understand the tone and the focus of her comments.

There is a good chance there was a major spanking and she thought a gentler approach that appeals more to their parochial interests might get them to listen.

But like I said, I’m not sure yet. I know she doesn’t “endorse” Trump (few media personalities do at this point, excepting possibly Coulter and Savage), but she has been quite vocal in her support for what he has brought and continues to bring to the race, and she has been highly appreciative that finally someone has us talking seriously about our border and immigration issues.

• Jett Black says:

I saw in Ingraham’s comments the signs of someone trying to adhere to their principles and truth, but having to tone everything down, mix it in with shovel-fulls of bs GOPe sugar, in order to keep her position and not get Alinsky’d by the whole panel. This is what the early stages of a speech and ideas pogrom look like. Fox was, for a long time, one of very few venues where there could be a genuine exchange of ideas with a firm grounding in objective and historical facts–truth. Seems it’s getting to be like all the other agit-prop outlets–all Newspeak all the time.

5. czarowniczy says:

Let’s not get too serious about the hype – the quadrennial dog and pony show ain’t that much different from any other media-driven-into-the-ground event. Fits right in there with any new restaurant opening that touts yet another delicious way to prepare and serve chicken; however, at the end it’s just the same old chicken with a new sauce.
    My first campaign I remember was the ’56 Eisenhower won with 57% of the popular vote. Stevenson received 42%, winning the South largely due to Dixiecrat support and the South’s inability to vote for any Republican due to leftover Civil War feelings. I was given enough toys to occupy the looooong stretches of boredom I suffered watching the various candidates drone on in black and white. One thing I do remember was being told by my parents and guests who came over to stare at the TV and drink beer (all WW II vets) that I shouldn’t ever trust any politician to be in my backyard unsupervised with my dog and a full trash can.
    We so desperately want to believe that one of these lying SOBs, who has never offered to buy us a cup of coffee, will step up and be our savior that we will temporarily suspend disbelief and become devotees. So far I’m just seeing the same-old same-old dressed in various shades of red and blue. Lotsa sizzle but no prime rib. Then again, I’m just old and fussy.

6. wyntre says:

At least Brett Baier had the common decency to appear conflicted about his performance, even remorseful.

Unlike MK who was just as full of herself last night as she was on Thursday.

I think she is toast.

• joshua says:

Kelly is like how my youngest son used to drive his sports car when he was 16….only one direction, only one speed….straight ahead, pedal to the metal….she has no personal brakes.

• Live by the sword…die by the sword

• jackphatz says:

I think she did fine. You have to realize people like Krauthamer doesn’t react like normal, average people do. It’s over/under his head, she had to play at his level which doesn’t sound good to us. The other two would never admit it if they did get it.

One local station used to carry her then we got Beck. I wish we would get her back.

• michellc says:

I think the problem with most tv folks is similar to politicians they don’t think or talk like regular people on the street, including those who once were regular people on the street. They tend to get into a bubble with other people who are now in their circle and become them.
          I think radio people are a little better because many of them still do talk to regular people who call into them and they hear how people feel and what people are talking about, so it keeps them a little grounded. Of course this doesn’t relate to progs and I think that’s why they struggle with radio.

7. manickernel says:

Sorry, I cannot support someone who cannot hold a line for even 14 days.

• realitycheck says:

He really didn’t say “don’t defund PP”. He did say that we shouldn’t fund the abortion aspect of PP … In practice it would be tough to do and IMO kind of a lukewarm response considering the history of the joint and recent disclosures.

• joanfoster says:

I agree Manickernel. This is a make or break issue for me. Money is fungible. How can the government fund any part of PP with the assurance that the funds aren’t going to the abortion clinics. This is nothing but smoke and mirrors at its best.

• Justice_099 says:

Once he expands on his position, people are going to feel pretty stupid. He said absolutely no way to funding them doing abortions.

Once he expands on this, you will learn that his point is to get them to stop doing abortions or lose their funding. Only agree to give them funds if they agree to shut down the abortion operation. Use the funding carrot to get them to stop.

But let’s write his eulogy once again.

• Jett Black says:

We’ll see. I’m not sure Trump is so long on principles. I think he’s longer on chutzpah and a desire to win–he also wants to see America winning again. That’s the saving grace, in this context, for a guy who, at other times and in other venues, I’d just consider a conceited boor.

As I’ve often said, what a candidate like Trump or any other honest candidate, if there is one, must do to completely change the narrative and ensure full participation by the conservative, libertarian, and moderate electorate (far left and progs will always vote according to their current cult of personality and some racial groups always vote color–they are drones, but fortunately small minorities) is to identify his principles and policies with strict Constitutionalism. That would take federal regulation and funding completely out of the abortion picture, as well as all healthcare, education, and many other venues.

Overwhelmingly, the enemy of virtually all of us is authoritarianism and its cadres, whether on the left or the right. That’s why Demonrats and GOPe are the same–they’re both authoritarians who’ll gladly throw us all in one giant pit they can suck labor and taxes from to aggrandize themselves. Anything that stands in the way or even slows their advance is good. Someone who might actually cast off their yoke entirely, as this nation’s founding fathers did in their time, would be great. I hope Trump will be one of those–I think he has the capability, but not sure if he has the strength of mind and character to do more than just slow the authoritarian juggernaut. I’ll hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

8. Clc says:

Did they write their own questions? Or, did Karl Rove write them for them. There is no better hitman than KR.

9. stella says:

Establishment Must Quit Obsessing Over Trump
    At what point does our side really stand up?

By David Limbaugh

….They are the superior ones who regard Sen. Ted Cruz as a grandstanding extremist because he refuses to be calm about this nation’s predicament and vigorously fights back. They are the ones who always want to throw in the towel in battles with Obama before those battles have even begun.

They see themselves as the only adults in the GOP room, and though they pretend to tolerate — if not admire — the tea party and Christian conservative activists, they must race to the bathroom and wash out their mouths with soap every time they publicly demonstrate anything but contempt for these lunatics. Some of them may even be among those silently grinning as the Obama administration dubs the tea party and returning veterans “domestic terrorists.”

10. jetstream says:

Warren Buffett supports Trump!

11. jetstream says:

Donald Trump on Sean Hannity’s show at 10 pm EST, tonight. I think it’s going to be a good one.

• Concerned says:

I will suspend my FOX boycott to watch this.

• smiley says:

just watched Trump’s press conference (on Fox/Greta)…the guy really is impressive.
      I always (so far) like him better after watching/listening to him.
      I like what he said in response to a question about specifics,,,and he said you don’t negotiate something (China, Mexico etc) with a 12 or 19 point plan…you have to be flexible.
      right !
      why should he stand there with a rigid “plan” to fix something, knowing that its completely unrealistic to successfully address or resolve the problem.
      exactly.
      that hit a note with me.
      great press conference, for a change.
      Trump connects with us…I believe him.

12. The Fighting Man says:

When I get the time (maybe on the weekend), I am going to research US election laws. If Murdoch or his two ill-begotten male spawn are interfering with the US election process (which they openly appear to be doing, given the old man’s tweet-out to Blondie and the Pit Bull after the debate), and are not US citizens, they may have broken some laws. I will look into FCC regs as well concerning that. Australians need to mind their own desert paradise and leave the USA alone. Murdochs out of the US, NOW!

• keebler AC says:

Lachlan is a soggy Brit. He was born in London, and left there or something. His upbringing and indoctrination is dastardly socialist. Probably has a Brit accent too? Which is okay, but not if you’re running foul with American politics and strong-arm influencing.

Wikipedia lays out the basics:

“In July 2005, the 33-year-old Murdoch abruptly resigned as an executive at the News Corp. The unexplained departure apparently dashed News Corp. Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch’s hopes that his son would one day take over as CEO of the global media empire, which includes the Twentieth Century Fox movie studio, the Fox television network, several satellite broadcasters, and newspapers in Britain, Australia, and the United States. Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News Channel, was named chairman of News Corp’s group of television stations to succeed Murdoch junior. ”

Now that Lachlan is older, and Ailes was sick for a while, Pops Murdoch thinks he can safely hand the reins over to the bubba.

If Lachlan is attempting to hijack Fox, and has been doing so with success the last couple of years as we’ve seen…….then viewers have to continue dropping out, calling Fox sponsors that they will boycott Fox advertisers outside of Hannity. Don’t feed the vulgar News Corp critters.

• smiley says:

GREAT idea !
      I totally agree.
      very smart, Fighting Man.

13. stella says:

Went over to PJTV this afternoon, and watched this video about the debate. I was surprised.

• auscitizenmom says:

Thx. Found it interesting.

• michellc says:

They seem to be way more favorable to Trump than others there. I thought they were being way more rational than Klavan has been.

I can’t remember, as they were talking about the Duggars and vaccines, did they ask Rubio about the gang of eight?

I did disagree about Rubio, I’ve talked to many Tea Partiers who were heavily involved with getting Rubio elected who feel betrayed by him and not just because of the gang of eight. In their opinion he used them to get elected and then basically told them he didn’t need them anymore.
      I believe he may have came in as anti-establishment and the establishment may have hated him, but they bought him off and there isn’t any bad blood between them now.

I do agree with the reality tv and like I said in another post I don’t think it’s a good way to elect Presidents, but it’s the world we live in and I do believe a lot of people see this as reality tv and believe some of them may actually vote if Trump doesn’t bow out.

14. TwoLaine says:

In Donald Trump vs. Fox News, we have a clear winner: Trump
    By Chris Cillizza August 11 at 2:41 PM

🙂

15. TwoLaine says:

PM Trump Bump. 3.68M Twitter Followers. Trumpets!!

16. doodahdaze says:

Trump…TOO EASY!

17. Justice_099 says:

I called it. Trump just said on Hannity that he would use the carrot of PP funding to get them to stop doing abortions.