Multiple layers of deceit, deception and manipulation lay within this story.  In addition, the fundamental principles of the Decepticons in the Senate surface with increased clarity.

mcconnell-cornyn

The underlying issue is the Federal Surface Transportation Program commonly called “the Highway Bill”.  The Highway Bill is technically supposed to be a legislative tool to set priorities for the expenditure of tax revenue coming from federal gasoline taxes; roads, bridges, transportation systems – building and repairing as such.

However, as with all ‘revenue spending bills’, you find a bastardized special-interest process where more legislatures want spending on “their pet projects” than is available from the revenue raised within the tax collection.   Ergo immediately you can see the ingredients for corruption or what DC calls “sausage-making”.

Backroom deals, bribes, quid-pro-quo, lobbying schemes, booze – sex – blackmail and leverage, yep, back rubbing DC at it’s more traditional level.   Ultimately ending in more spending embedded in the authorizations than revenue raised by the taxes.  Yes, more, even more, deficit spending.

cornyn_graham_roberts_cochran_mcconnell_ap

The final product “Highway Bill” is, as a direct consequence, filled with more graft, pork, and ridiculous ‘bridge-to-nowhere’-type spending.

But wait, this is the GOPe we’re talking about here.

If Democrats can do structural scheme well, ie. Obamacare, the GOPe can do “future structural scheme” even better.

This bill is worse than usual because not only does McConnell’s Highway Bill contain deficit spending, McConnell’s Highway Bill actually contains structural future deficits (future spending well beyond possible gas tax revenues) that no President can block for at least six years.   A great summary is available HERE.

But wait, we ain’t done.  It gets worse:

[…]  In addition to the problems with the underlying bill, McConnell is showing his true colors with the amendment process.  While McConnell never passionately drives a narrative for conservatives on important policy issues, he has always championed an open process in the Senate.  That was McConnell’s raison d’etre.  Yet, he is continuing his pattern of blocking all conservative amendments while granting votes to liberal priorities.

This critical bill, regarded as “must-pass” by the political class, coincides with the period of time when Obama and his allies are implementing one radical transformational agenda item after another. What better vehicle to use for stopping at least one or two of his executive policies than the highway bill?  But McConnell will have none of that.  The one amendment he will allow for a vote?  Reauthorizing the crony Export-Import Bank – after it already expired!

McConnell refuses to allow amendments from his own party, but grants amendments from Democrats.  Well, more accurately a very specific Democrat amendment – the reauthorization of the Export-Import Bank.

Who do you think that benefits?….

….. wait for it….

…..Wait for it:

tom donohue 4

Yup.  What do you know.  There’s that pesky Wall Street/Chamber of Commerce, Tom Donohue again.

But this time McConnell outdid himself.  Senator Ted Cruz was worried about the Import/Export Bank reauthorization; he and almost all conservatives do not support the crony capital spending and winner/loser selection within it.   So Ted Cruz asked Senate Leader Mitch McConnell if there was any possibility the disasterous reauthorization would find its way into the highway bill.

McConnell promised Cruz it would not.

Now watch this video:

FULL SPEECH:

This entry was posted in Bailouts, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, energy, Legislation, Mitch McConnell, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Tea Party, Ted Cruz. Bookmark the permalink.

142 Responses to Senator Ted Cruz Accuses Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Deceit and Lying During Senate Speech…

1. mikayla825 says:

Rush just said on air that he’s gotten word that Yertle the Turtle is going to “fast track” the legislation defunding Planned Parenthood.

2. CrankyinAZ says:

Senator Cruz seems a weee bit disillusioned. Yep… the truth is hard. I hope this helps light a fire in him, because I still like Sen. Cruz. Kinda makes me think of Mr. Cruz Goes to Washington…

• Ted Cruz is neither inept or disillusioned. IMO – He knew full well that McConnell was lying, or he never would have broached that question to him, and never would have “held a discussion” with his staff following that particular session. All he was doing here was “taking the high road” so that he would not be accused of violating decorum. Which, in the end, he has been accused of, anyway.

Yes, there may be good reasons to doubt the motivations of Ted Cruz, but to imply that he’s some sort of naive, fresh-faced babe-in-the-woods is totally off the mark.

• Boudica says:

There is a huge difference between knowing and suspect. When you suspect, then question and you are given what should be an honest answer you should be able to trust it.

• There is a huge difference between knowing and suspect.

Yes, there is.

But when you merely suspect something, you question that person in private.

When you know something, you question that person in public (or in front of unimpeachable witnesses) to get them on the record. That is exactly what Cruz did.

• Sentient says:

I’ve not been a Cruz fan, but hearing him on Limbaugh today flat-out calling McConnell a liar gave me a newfound respect for him.

• Obomination says:

Cruz knows who McConnell is, but playing the fool is a very odd strategy.

• auscitizenmom says:

Maybe Cruz was just setting the turtle up. He knew he was lying, that is why he asked in front of so many Reps. Now it is on the record for what it is worth. I don’t think Cruz is naive at all.

• kinthenorthwest says:

After reading about what a traitorous, lying big mouthed *%^$# Senator McCain was last weekend I have become totally disgusted with DC politicians, especially after seeing how many Republicans where standing behind McCain. H3LL I expected ithat type of attacks on Trump from the Democrats but the Republicans — No Way especially since McCain has spend more time trying to hide his DISHONORABLE past than doing any thing for Military, Vets and POWs!!!
      There are just too few Treys, Cruzes, Scotts, and others in DC. Most of the Politicians in DC on both sides of the aisle are selfish egotistical self-serving A$$es. out for their own personal edification and monetary gain.
      Sadly the misquotes the media are using against Trump are true about McCain. McCain is far from a hero.
      TRUMP 2016..

• chiavarm says:

I am still a Cruz voter, but I will vote for Trump. I am staying home for the rest. I think we need a new party so we can separate the wheat from the chaff. I don’t think Trump is a conservative, but I like his moxey.

• kinthenorthwest says:

I think he has conservative and democratic philosophies.
          But I do believe that Trump is a Patriot which is more than I can say for the rest of the slate.
          Cruz, Trey, Carly, West, Rice are some of the ones I would back all the way…(yes I know three aren’t in the race but I wish they were.).

• stella says:

There’s an effort to have Rice run for Senate in California.

• kinthenorthwest says:

The only sane thing happening in California then…
              H3LL california is trying to ban Cruz and Trump because of what they are saying bout the Illegals..–Hey Trump I sort of understood but Cruz…However I didn’t think that was legal to ban someone just because of their speech.

• Dixie says:

Does free speech not apply in California? Of course, California thinks they are an exception to every rule so why are we surprised???

• kinthenorthwest says:

Guess not Dixie cause it is a Bill being presented that will ban Trump and Cruz from speaking there.

• bertdilbert says:

More fuel for Trump to fire on.

3. beaujest says:

The “Parrot without Feathers” McConnell taken to the woodshed by Ted Cruz ! “Commie John” down in the house should be next !

• Boudica says:

These commie Republicans are using non-profits to generate money to fight Conservatives. How sick is that?

• Serpentor says:

It would not surprise me at all if someday it’s discovered that they’re using non-profits to take bribes. Clinton has basically shown the blueprint on how to do it and get filthy rich. There’s nothing stopping anyone from following in her footsteps, as if taking money to campaign against your constituents wasn’t bad enough.

4. Obomination says:

Yes, many levels of deception.

And this speech does not happen if Trump doesn’t break the seal.

5. stella says:

Here’s the long version:

• Dee says:

Thank you for posting the whole video. The 2nd half was well worth watching.

• RonJ says:

Thank you.

I admit to having cooled my jets on Cruz because I thought HE lied to us.

• wanthetruth says:

That was impassioned and impressive. Now if only truth and decency and the American way meant anything at all to our elected people in Washington. I especially liked Cruz’s line regarding the our government’s consideration of all things now, “of the lobbyists, for the lobbyists, by the lobbyists.” How true it is!

• Serpentor says:

So this is his excuse for selling us out on TPA?

I can forgive, but I’m not sure I can trust. If Cruz wants to win me and people like me over, attacking the GOPe is the way to that road, basically imitating Trump. Keep attacking them, the power of the people is on his side.

• Jeffrey says:

Heartbreaking watching a man swinging away all by himself, fighting for us, against these corrupt cronies. Just lovely how the clerk serves up pre-written summaries and taps the page to focus the attention of “Madam President”.
      Past time to storm that town…

• keebler AC says:

The problem is Cruz didn’t have to be swinging away all by himself had he spoken up and not played politics when his fellow Tea Party candidates needed him. He wasn’t there for them. So now…..they are literally not there nor able to be there for Cruz and the non-GOPe voting Republic. We are the silent majority, and Cruz does not have the power on his own to get attention to this.

• BigMamaTEA says:

explain please…

• Southernreverie says:

BigMama, since keebler hasn’t answered, I will tell you what I think keebler was referring to. Prior to the 2014 elections, Cruz stated (and Rand Paul agreed, as well) that he would not campaign for anyone who was running against an incumbent senator. Hence, Cruz did nothing to help candidates like Chris McDaniel in Mississippi to fight the GOPe machine. Many people, including myself, were very disappointed in Cruz.

• Dixie says:

He wasn’t totally by himself. Mike Lee was supporting him.

• yankeeintx says:

He’s got Sen. Mike Lee swinging with him. The two are really awesome, and Mike’s got a plan 🙂

• Eskyman says:

Love the plan, thx for link! but unconvinced that it can overcome the legislative hurdles that Turtle McConnell will put in its way. Besides, haven’t you heard, there ain’t no rule of law anymore! So political thuggery goes on all the time and is unremarkable.

6. Old Hillbillt says:

Hey voters in Kentucky: NOW do you understand WHY it was important to defeat chinless mitch in the primary last time around? Chinless, spineless, corrupt and vile! A pox on all of you for re-electing him!

7. Hulegu2 says:

I hate to admit it, but I laugh when politicians get upset about being lied to by other politicians. I’m glad that Ted is telling the truth.

8. Mike says:

Cruz has the rare intellect and constitution to handle the confrontational stuff and their backlash. Out them all, Ted. Get them all out ! Thanks, Ted.

• Terry in GA says:

McConnell must’ve felt like his ‘nads were stuck in a vise grip with that massive smack-down. And I must say, Cruz has perfect timing and the element of surprise.

Love having someone giving us the total truth.

9. dizzymissl says:

Did he do this because his voting record is not good and because of the Donald Effect?

10. joanfoster says:

Excellent speech, but nothing new. We have long known that McConnell and Boehner were liars.

• Dixie says:

You may have known but I didn’t know exactly how it was done until I watched the entire video. I thought there was plenty which was new. We now know McConnell lies on the floor of congress – to his cohorts elected by the people – to accomplish his own personal underhanded dictatorial agenda and he’s also very accomplished at sidetracking the rest of the Senate to keep them from properly representing the people. He’s a traitor. Maybe some of them are as deep into it as he is and I fully expect that to be the case, but what he does, AS THE MAJORITY LEADER, using procedure to jerk the votes around and avoid discussion, is totally unacceptable.

We knew he and Boehner didn’t represent the conservatives and was assisting the DemoRats but I didn’t know he was employing methods that were criminal. He is worse than Harry Reid. Since he lies to the senators in congress, and even lies when asked pointedly about any deals he has made, he deserves to be impeached.

Now I’m really angry. And now I like Ted Cruz even more for “outing” McConnell on video.

Trump/Cruz 2016!

11. cats1cowboy says:

I blame Kentucky conservatives. They had a chance to vote out McConnell in the 2014 primary and refused to do what was necessary. Kentucky had the lowest primary turnout since 1938. McConnell ran against a conservative. McConnell is the status quo that most conservatives rail against. When it came time to change the status quo, they were nowhere to be found. They can offer all the excuses they want to, but every single Kentuckian who did not vote for McConnell’s opponent in the primary is responsible for this.

12. Jersey Beach says:

Hmm, his staff knew but he didn’t? Maybe listen to your staff next time Senator Cruz. Maybe Senator Cruz is naive. Undecided on this one.

• Jersey Beach says:

One more thing, maybe that meeting with Donald Trump has made Ted Cruz realize he better come clean and start speaking out for Americans if he’s really going to fight for us Americans. Just saying.

• Jeffrey says:

Sounds like the content of these giant bills are garnered via rumor. Maybe he voted on something he didn’t or couldn’t possibly read and digest in time. Maybe none of these cretins read it.

• Jersey Beach says:

So, let me get this straight, they “have to pass it first to find out what’s in it” only afterwards fight against it? Nah, something is not passing the smell test here. I knew it before, tried explaining it but it didn’t matter then and it won’t matter now, he’s getting cheers all over sites for his speaking out against something he help get passed in the first place. It feels like a lost cause again. He’s smarter than anyone realizes because he’s playing the game to stay in the game.

• onsu says:

agreed – anyone who votes on a bill without reading it should be fired. have your staff read it if you cant be bothered.

• BigMamaTEA says:

JB, pretty hostile comment for someone who hasn’t a clue to what’s really going on.

• Jersey Beach says:

Not hostile at all Big Mama, I’ll admit I’m not going to make a “I Got A Crush on Cruz” video anytime soon. 😉 As far as not having a clue the original message I missed, but Ted Cruz signed off on Fast Track because believing in free trade, all the while Jeff Session was telling us don’t let your senators sign off on fast track, it gave more power to Barack Obama. Who really doesn’t have a clue or refusing to see the truth? Just saying. Good day Big Mama

• Dixie says:

Maybe some don’t remember, but on several occasions, representatives were not allowed to read anything except in a special location under the supervision of administration officials, only for a specified period of time and could not leave the room with anything. They were given no time to read and absorb on purpose.

• onsu says:

then they should have told us that and refused to vote

• Dixie says:

We were told. How do you think I knew??? I don’t have any inside information. It’s a matter of paying attention if you have the time. I do, where many might not.

It was in the news, but also, my representative told me as I choose to receive his emails.

• joanfoster says:

I remember not only reading about the sequestered bill and the secrecy surrounding it, but hearing a number of congressmen allude to a special room where they could go and read it. The entire episode does not pass the smell test. If you are voting on a major piece of legislation, shouldn’t every member of congress have a final copy and be required to read it before voting? Have they learned nothing since the midnight vote on Obamacare?

• Dixie says:

Have they learned nothing since the midnight vote on Obamacare?

Nope. Plus IMHO there is power being wielded in congress which is beyond our comprehension.

• dizzymissl says:

We may have been told, but they should have refused to vote.

• Jersey Beach says:

Dixie, by his own admission, he said his staffers told him not to sign TPA aka fast track, so they knew but he took the word of Mr. McConnell???, so how closed off secrecy is it really? Staffers knew but Mr. Cruz went ahead against the advise of those who knew better. Please just vet Mr. Cruz and take him for what he may be, blinders off and lets see how this plays out.

• Dixie says:

No, by his own admission, his staff gave him their opinion that McConnell was lying. But one would naturally wonder how they would know for sure so much more than a senator would know. So when he and Mike Lee questioned McConnell specifically and was assured there was no deal, he took McConnell’s word for it. NOW he knows better! And it’s a testament to Ted Cruz that he would admit that in congress and on video. But apparently he felt it was worth it to reveal McConnell for the scoundrel and liar that he is.

I guess that just goes to show you two people listening to the same video can still come up with two different interpretations.

• Jersey Beach says:

I had to re-listen, you are correct Dixie, it wasn’t his staffers telling him about fast track, he admitted he signed that back in May, but Mr. McConnell lied about the amendment deal in house attached to TPA and his senior staffers said Mr. McConnell was lying. Fast track was a mistake to begin with, it was clearly stated it was to give more power to Mr. Obama on website after website while Mr. Jeff Sessions was saying no, do not sign TPA, so pushing that threw was were it all went wrong because isn’t NATFA already on the books? Why do we more free trade bills signed?

• Jersey Beach says:

I’m listening to the longer version, I’ll say this and stand by my second statement, Mr. Trump had to give Mr. Cruz advise to come clean and speak to the American people. They deserve the whole truth. God bless Mr. Cruz, he’s telling the truth, the full speech has greater substance. Thank you Mr. Cruz, thank you.

• BigMamaTEA says:

So we can have our own version of the E.U. ( I kid you not)

• Jersey Beach says:

No Big Mama, you could listen to Donald Trump explain why free trade agreements aren’t really what they are. I’ll take his word over yours or my own knowledge. Here hon, listen if you care.

• Donald Trump • South Carolina Freedom Summit • 5/9/15 • (Justice 099 posted this below)

13. Art Deco says:

I enjoyed every second. The Export-Import Bank is an easy call and it benefits a narrow range of clients. If the GOP cannot bring itself to kill it, they’re admitting they can erase no extant special deals for anyone. Of course, Lindsay Graham is a big supporter, another reason, if you needed one to think ill of him. And here we see yet again, McConnell (and presumably Boehner) gaming their own caucus. Our ‘leaders’ are worthless frauds.

14. talkaftercarefulthought says:

seems like something came back around to bite Cruz on his backside.. so FOR ME the question is did he learn his lesson or is this just grandstanding? https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/01/30/ugh-ugh-ugh-rand-paul-and-ted-cruz-tell-sean-hannity-well-stay-out-of-any-gop-primary-race-that-involves-incumbents/

• Obomination says:

yup

• Dixie says:

I bet Cruz wishes he could get a do-over on that one. We all make mistakes but that was a big one and talkaftercarefulthought nailed it when he said it came back to bite Cruz in the backside. IMHO Ted Cruz thinks everybody is as noble and honest as he is so maybe he has learned a very valuable lesson? Unfortunately we, the people, are having to pay the price too because that scoundrel and liar is there for another six years. Wikipedia says that McConnell enjoys being the villain.

But Sundance you got it all right from the beginning.

• Thanks for posting that. I remember how we watched that unfold, and I was stunned to see Cruz abandon Conservative candidates so he could cover his butt with the GOPe. As much as I like Cruz for the things he says, what he actually does is far more important. It puts his votes in regard to the TPA in a completely different light than what Cruz casts on them, doesn’t it?

• jetstream says:

Ted Cruz claims to love the Constitution, yet runs for the presidency when he knows he is not eligible under its requirements.

A President must be a natural born Citizen, a person born on American soil to two Citizen parents. Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. His father was born in Cuba and did not become a <naturalized Citizen of the United States until 2005. His mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware.

Ted Cruz also supports the TPP which will dissolve US sovereignty…making international agreements and international enforcement tribunals effectively supreme over the Constitution.

• IMO Cruz is the naturally born son of a US citizen, which makes him a US citizen, regardless of his birthplace.

If that was not the way this worked, then all of the children of US citizens (think of armed services members) who were born abroad (while serving the military at foreign bases) would not be American citizens. But they ARE.

• jetstream says:

I agree, Ted Cruz is a Citizen of the US, as he is born of an American mother (unless she renounced her citizenship before he was born.) He is not, however, a natural born Citizen because he was not born on US soil and not born to two US Citizen parents at the time of his birth.

Although all US Citizen are entitled to rights and protections under our constitutional government, there are constitutional restrictions to hold office based on citizenship category. A US Citizen is eligible to be Senator if they meet the other constitutional requirements. But only a b>natural born Citizen can be President under Article II.

See explanations of US citizenship, issues surrounding eligibility, and legal references here http://www.art2superpac.com/issues.html
            and here http://puzo1.blogspot.com/

• Eskyman says:

@jetstream: I totally agree with your position, and thank you for the links which support your stance very well; those links demonstrate clearly that a natural born citizen is a person born within a country to parents who are both citizens of that country.

Unfortunately you are offering truthful, factual information. In a society that honored truth, justice and the rule of law, that would be all that’s necessary to prove your case.

That has no place in our modern society; now we go by sneers, lies, and sheer brazen fraud. Obama’s supposed birth certificate’s a fraud? No problemo! Just sneer at anyone questioning it, call them a “birther” and state that they are nuts! Proof? Who needs proof, just say “That’s been debunked!” when questioned, and never give a link to the actual debunking (since that didn’t actually happen.)

Nowadays we have trials where evidence doesn’t matter; facts don’t matter; truth certainly doesn’t matter; and we all know it. The Supreme Clowns, in their stylish black gowns, vote in blocks (ah, but don’t notice that, it isn’t polite) while “discovering” law buried in penumbras from the emanations of the bullschit that they peddle!

I’d really like to be able to count on facts, and truth, and rationality to determine justice. Sadly, that isn’t what we have today, and what we may never have again, if we continue down the same path we’re on.

• jetstream says:

Your very welcome, Eskyman.

It matters not that justice is temporarily subverted. The truth will out, and justice will eventually be served. As to those insecure bullies demanding lockstep conformity to lies, they deserve not a bit of attention. Don’t be bothered by their juvenile sneers.

Every day the number of people like yourself grows. We will never, ever, ever give up demanding the truth or that the Constitution be honored. So keep the faith and keep spreading the word – be relentless.

• I call this “Analogy”,, The ‘Canal Zone”, question.. 😉

15. keebler AC says:

6 years, huh? McConnell – what a stinkin’ sneaky vindictive passive-aggressive traitor to Conservatives. IMPEACH! This ought to be easy, no?

16. barbi says:

YAY! Let ’em know we’re on to them, Ted.

17. hocuspocus13 says:

The Evil Doers have a name we now know and a face to recognize

Vote Them Out …✌

18. ctdar says:

Does Ted Cruz ever wear the American Flag pin?
    If not, why not?

19. Pingback: Sen. Ted Cruz Gives Floor Speech on Export-Import Reauthorization on Highway Bill | NoisyRoom.net

20. Pingback: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » Sen. Ted Cruz Gives Floor Speech on Export-Import Reauthorization on Highway Bill

21. doodahdaze says:

Quoting the Decepticans. “We all share the same goals. We just differ on the strategery.” Yougottabekiddingme.

22. fred says:

if you are still in the GOP holding out some kind of hope for change among the leadership you will be sorely disappointed forever. Look at all the dirty tricks just this week alone and it never stops. Everything is a trick or a ruse. They think you people on this site are stupid or clowns or crazies….. Imagine how confused they are to offend the thinking informed segment of their base. They are hell bent with a rebel yell straight over the cliff. We should be the ones directing them which way to go. We could regroup and may lose 2016 but electing Jeb and Columba is losing… and more destruction to this country. Trying to primary them or call their offices won’t work they have burrowed under the skin.

• Obomination says:

Many conservatives, if not the majority, still haven’t figured out what side Hussein’s on much less the GOP.

• Jersey Beach says:

I think you’re right fred. It is still early though, let’s keeping hoping and praying most of us get the message Donald Trump is sending, with leadership skills like his, he would cleanse America the correct way. No more dirty politics, imagine the fresh air of no corruption.. .ah God Bless America Again.

23. Jett Black says:

I kinda wish Iran would just nuke all these MFs. Maybe the Lord could anoint someone to get the 10 decent people out of DC before the fire rains down, but that’s about all I think we could get out of that putrid swamp.

24. sundance says:

Mark Levin radio show link for your PC:

If Republicans lose to Conservatives they are out of power and out of work. If Republicans lose to Democrats, they are simply in the minority – but they are still there.

25. Aslan's Girl says:

Glad to see that Trump’s style is wearing off on Cruz! Cruz finally brave enough to call McConnell out!
    So glad that Trump and Cruz are friends. A one-two punch 🙂

• yankeeintx says:

You haven’t read his book yet? He’s been telling the truth for a long time. I don’t see any similarities in style but do think a mutual respect is a good thing. Cruz will not disparage any Republican candidate, and I find that refreshing.

• thefirstab says:

I would love to know what went down in their tete-a-tete – good pol, bad pol? Tag team MMA style?
      LOL

• keebler AC says:

Trump had Ted Cruz in a head lock I’m sure that’s what I saw in the photo Sun Dance posted earlier, lol. I used to get head locked like that by my older brother. Trump is 6′ 3″. He came in third in military cadet school and didn’t have much use for LBJ’s war where 58,000 of America’s most able bodied men were misled and massacred in swamp and bug infested Vietnam. LBJ thought he was Eisenhower in WWII. He was finally ready to depart when the war ended, thank goodness for America that LBJ didn’t take him too.

26. Justice_099 says:

Sounds like we need Cruz in the Senate! He is right where he belongs.

• yankeeintx says:

I hope Louie Gohmert takes his seat when Cruz is elected 🙂

• keebler AC says:

Cruz is too inexperienced and young. He has a lot more character to build before I’ll give him a chance at the country. He hasn’t proven himself except be an Ivy League grad, and this is not enough credentials. He can talk and write, but Bari could too. Too much excuse-making after he’s botched it. Prevention is the best medicine.

The photo-ops handing out cheap teddy bears made probably in China alongside Beck was amateur.

27. 1hear2learn says:

What does it take for them to elect a new majority leader? Seems like if he’s that fired up at the turtle he could get the other senators to elect a new majority leader. There was a time when folks would lose their position when caught in a bald faced lie.

28. peppie says:

Mitch McConnell is worse than Hussein Obama! So tired of these bought and sold/co-opted republicans!!! McConnell and Boehner empower these TREASONOUS leftist. And then there is Jeb “Oh please God! I got to puke” Bush…

29. ytz4mee says:

CNN is upset.

“Billionaire Brothers give Cruz Superpac $15 Million”

• That’s an interesting development. Just recently Ted Cruz had announced that he was one of the few candidates who received the vast majority of his campaign contributions from “Grass Roots” donors.

While this still might technically remain the case (since this donation is to a Super-Pac and not directly to the Cruz campaign AND it’s money that didn’t come through K-Street) it does take some of the luster from Cruz’s claim to be funded by “the little guy”

Either way, I’m still happy to see Cruz is getting financial support for what is certain to be one of the costliest races in US history.

30. moosemalloy says:

Everyone please note that the “conservative” sites Hot Air, Twitchy, TownHall, American Thinker and especially National Review have given either light or zero coverage to Cruz’s speech accusing the GOP leadership of craven cronyism and Mitch MoConnell of lying.

I used to be a regular visitor to those sites but now it is obvious that the corrupt Establishment has co-opted or intimidated these outfits from covering Cruz’s speech. Sad, but true.

31. Pingback: Ted Cruz – A Matter Of Honor [Video] | NoisyRoom.net

32. Pingback: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog » Ted Cruz – A Matter Of Honor [Video]