This is rich. While simultaneously saying the people of Baltimore are too stupid a mob to stop destroying their city, Mosby claims that it was imperative she remove the constitutional protections of the police department in order to save Baltimore; and people should be thanking her for sacrificing the police for the greater good of society.

marilyn mosby 7(Baltimore Sun) State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby’s announcement of charges against six officers in connection with the arrest and death of Freddie Gray restored order to Baltimore “before the entire city became an armed camp or was burned to the ground,” her office argued in a new court filing.

Michael Schatzow, Mosby’s top deputy, asked a judge this week to deny a motion by attorneys for the officers asking that the charges against their clients be thrown out because of missteps they say Mosby made.

The defense lawyers argued that by publicly announcing the charges against the six officers involved in Gray’s April 12 arrest, Mosby unforgivably biased potential jurors against their clients.

But Schatzow said seeking to restore calm was a legitimate move.

Speaking in the middle of an ongoing riot, Mrs. Mosby was trying to calm the crowd, not incite it,” Schatzow wrote. “Her repeated pleas for peace while the criminal justice system does its work served a legitimate law enforcement function.” (link)

This entry was posted in 6th Amendment, A New America, Abusive Cops, Agitprop, Anti-White Intifada, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Freddy Gray Death, media bias, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Racism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

95 Responses to Marilyn Mosby: ‘I arrested the cops for political reasons’ – Tells Judge It Was Her Brilliance, Excellence and Magnanimous Superiority That Saved Baltimore From Itself….

1. freepetta says:

This woman Mosby needs to be forced out of office for a real state attorney, and throw the mayor out with her. Baltimore needs 24 hour a day military guard, it’s a pig fest of crime and death.

2. James F says:

“Schatzow also dismissed arguments from defense lawyers that a single press conference could have an outsized impact on the case.”

So the magical press conference had enough impact to prevent Armageddon but could not possibly have an impact on the case, due process or potential jurors.

• Very good point..

• John Galt says:

She’s a wizard.

• Mentalist says:

Things in the city had pretty much calmed down before her press conference to announce charges against the six officers due in part to the curfew and the governor (the only adult that was in the room) calling up the National Guard and law enforcement from other jurisdictions.

BTW, as the days and weeks pass, more information comes out which actually undermines the prosecution’s case against the six officers. What does she think is going to happen to Baltimore when most if not all the the officers are acquitted because because of the tenuous nature of this case?

3. BobNoxious says:

Wow… Just wow.

4. Director says:

Schatzow?

What kind of African American name is that then? Lol.

5. kinthenorthwest says:

Does she even have anything inside that head of hers

6. flaladybug says:

I think Schatzow is an older white male but I am CONVINCED he is friends with Tyler Perry. His motions and rebuttals have the same writing style as the script from”Diary of a Mad Black Woman”!!! 😉

7. archer52 says:

Hey Angela Corey, I found your missing sister.

8. crispyjoe says:

WoW……. this is going to be like watching a train wreak.

9. fojap says:

Having lived in Baltimore and still being somewhat entangled with the city, I’ve been following this very closely. It is clear that Marilyn Mosby is not qualified for the job. There were plenty of complaints about her prior to the Gray incident. She seems a little wacky. Maybe we all are. I’m not saying she has anything clinically wrong with her, but she lets this affect her job in a way that’s unprofessional at best. She would be a drag on the city in a normal year. She’s in way over her head.

When she campaigned, she promised to be tough on crime. The national media seems to be missing this. The people of Baltimore voted for someone who promised to be tough on criminals. In fact, the people of Baltimore frequently vote for candidates who promise to lower the crime rate. No one there votes for coddling criminals. That’s the outsiders who mistakenly think one guy standing on a street corner during the riots who wants to talk to every tv news crew somehow represents the “community.”

• Director says:

She can’t even be trusted to speak for herself.

She’s been hidden behind someone called Schatzow. That’s not a black guy is it?

• John Galt says:

“It is clear that Marilyn Mosby is not qualified for the job.”

Flunking the LSAT is a clear indication that she is incapable of rational thought.

• Mentalist says:

I’m from the area as well and I can say with a good degree of certainty that yes they do. All you have to do is look at some of the legislators they send to Annapolis and the criminal coddling laws that come out of the Maryland legislature (or at least try to).

• fojap says:

Are you calling me a liar?

Are you really from the city of Baltimore?

• Mentalist says:

Are you calling me a liar?

Fojap, since I’ve started participating in discussions here, I have tried to do the one thing that Sundance has emphasized – which is always seek the truth. The truth is that there are large number of legislators who were sent to Annapolis by their constituents who happen to work as trial lawyers (Jill Carter, Joe Vallario, Curt Anderson, Lisa Gladden, etc.) when the legislature is not in session. This is a fact. These individuals have either passed legislation or fought against legislation that would adversely impact their clientele. This is a fact. I’m sure you remember the likes of Vallario who blocked Jessica’s Law legislation (turns out he had a client on the Eastern Shore who was facing child molestation charges), and it took shaming from Bill O’Reilly before they passed a water-down bill (they wanted the ability to plea for lighter sentences). Or I’m sure you remember then Gov. Ehrlich’s push for “Project Exile” legislation that called for stiff mandatory sentences for felons caught with handguns during the commission of a felony that was blocked by the legislators I mentioned, before they passed some watered-down piece of legislation (they wanted the ability to plea for lighter sentences). I can mention several other bills as well (like the recent attempt to give felons still in jail, on probation, or parole voting rights or allowing felons released from jail to “roll over good time credits” to future sentences), but in the interest of the truth does this sound like individuals interested in getting tough on criminals? Or does it sound like what it appears to be, which is you have a group of legislators (mainly from Prince Georges and Montgomery Counties and Baltimore City) who are interested in coddling criminals, mainly for their own personal benefit?

Are you really from the city of Baltimore?

Yes, I am. Born and raised. Moved back to the area several years ago. I’ve mentioned this several times during the course of several discussions here, as several of my fellow treepers will attest to.

• archer52 says:

She is exactly what we all KNOW she is, but don’t say it. We work with them, the entitled, angry “Michelle Obama” types that know everything and if challenged will do the finger wagging, head wobbling “Oh no YOU didn’t!” move.

This type sets back the whole persona of a decent black person. My kids’ best friends have a mother who is a saint. Who moved from a big city TO SAVE HER KIDS! She home-schooled them, took them to church, taught them respect, raised them right- on her own. No man, no extra money, just working and loving and teaching. All three kids are great.

They are outstanding human beings. The eldest daughter will be the next generation Condi Rice- if her university experience doesn’t ruin her… The other two will be good citizens.

But they aren’t enough in number to offset the negative energy put off by the likes of Mosby. Downward spiral.

• janc1955 says:

Plus in today’s political climate, the Mosbys will ascend while the principled, hard-working, non fame-seeking black professionals continue to be ignored.

10. Director says:

When have DA’s states Attorney’s ever needed a spokesman?

A spokeswhiteman?

11. czarowniczy says:

Exactly what episode of ‘In Living Color’ is this?

• Armie says:

I worked on that show. It was a center of sanity compared to this.

• janc1955 says:

I LOVED that show! I had dreams of being a Fly Girl. 🙂

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, I enjoyed the dickens out of it. One of teh last ‘clean’ black humor programs before obscenity became the drive. OI was looking for the Wayans piece about the guy who used to have the problems with the correct use of English – used to run into those pols and community ‘leaders’ on and off. Still use the ‘Homeboy’s Shopping Network’ references. Good job.

12. Mentalist says:

This woman actually graduated law school and was admitted to the Maryland Bar?

13. 1american1st says:

WOW!!!!!! Mosby not only needs to be taken off the case, she needs to be fired & disbarred!
    Isn’t it “Innocent until proven guilty”? Not “Guilty to quell a riot”. Which Communist Playbook did that come out of?

14. Jeff Hoser says:

It seems the Baltimore situation gets more outre’ every day.

15. froggielegs says:

I’m not sure if this has been posted here but I have a question. In the Vogue article about her it says…

“We’re at a corner table where she can keep her eyes on her security team—thickset men with earpieces, a round-the-clock detail that has been with her since she took office in January.”

Do all state attorney’s get presidential type round the clock security?

• boutis says:

She is a legend in her own mind.

• ytz4mee says:

Like teh Won and Mooch and the String-puller, she views the office as a stepping stone to her ultimate goal of being a Celebu-tard, especially since the trappings are not paid out of her own pocket. Round the clock PSD is one of those checklist “must-have” items.

• MouseTheLuckyDog says:

I’m surprised that sundance hasn’t started using the picture from that article,

• janc1955 says:

Girlfriend needs to take a big old swig of Get Over Yourself. And why does she need to keep her eyes on her security team? Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around. What a complete embarrassment to women, and black women she is. Just another no-talent, incompetent, attention-seeking fame prostitute.

16. justfactsplz says:

She is so full of herself. She disgusts me. I can’t get that image of her being prayed over in the black church out of my mind. Pure evil she is.

17. John Galt says:

Nick & associates seem to be way behind with council meeting minutes.

@ 2:15 Nick Mosby “We asked them to back off” (referring to police) Riots follow, Marilyn bails Nick out by filing bogus charges against cops. Now postures as hero.

18. MouseTheLuckyDog says:

Given such a document. We will find out if this is truely a no-nonsense judge.

19. lovely says:

From the article;

William H. Murphy Jr., an attorney for Gray’s family, said Wednesday that he wanted to see photographs, notes, test results, witness statements, video footage and police radio recordings relevant to the autopsy. “Without this evidence, nobody can intelligently comment about the conclusions in the autopsy report

Could it be that “the conclusions in the autopsy report” are not favorable to Team Mosby and Murphy is already starting to cry “foul” before the evidence is made public?

These bits and pieces remind me of the the leaks before the No Bill conclusion from the Grand Jury in the Darren Wilson case. You can only pound the table for so long before your fists fall off.

• Mentalist says:

He’s probably already seen or been given some access to those things. There were already quid pro quo issues raised due to the relationship between Mosby and Murphy before this case. Her office dropped charges against a police officer involved in an animal cruelty case that Murphy represented the day she was sworn into office.

• John Galt says:

The autopsy report is highly unfavorable, so so they want to publish some dead Freddie photos to inflame the locals.

20. Nomadic100 says:

I’m an old man, but I grew up in Montgomery County (just outside D.C.) though now live in Wisconsin. I have followed Maryland politics for a long time and it is evident that Maryland politics are little different from Chicago/Illinois politics. Or Massachusetts ( where I also lived).

The populace must have the truth delivered to them over and over so that a meaningful fraction of the voters get a clue. Let’s keep it up!!

21. Mr. Winter says:

Mosby wasn’t trying to calm the crowd, and she wasn’t trying to incite it, either. She was seeking center stage. Attention. Same thing in sitting onstage at the Prince show, doing the circus thing, and the various personal profile interviews. The limelight. Fame. She could have done the Vogue interview at home – that’s probably what Vogue asked for – but she wanted to show off her security detail. “Me, me, me.”

22. Bob Stone says:

Here’s Page Croyder’s take on the autopsy report:

Excerpts:

“What to me remains most indicative of Mosby’s mindset is her pursuit of the two arresting officers, who we now know for certain had nothing to do with Gray’s death. On duty after Mosby’s office urged greater crime suppression in that exact location, these officers justifiably pursued someone who fled from them on sight, and with ample legal precedent behind them, took him down and patted for weapons. By turning this into a crime, Mosby has told all police officers that they cannot do their jobs as they have been trained to do them. ”

………………

I was asked by a local journalist after the charges were announced whether the presence and experience of Michael Schatzow, one of Mosby’s deputies, gave me any reassurance about the inexperienced Mosby. Schatzow had been a partner at Venable, LLC and a federal prosecutor early in his career. I replied no, that either Mosby was taking his advice or ignoring it.

I now conclude that Schatzow has enabled Mosby’s incompetence. She pointed to him as a lead on the investigations, and he is the one responding to defense motions and asking for gag orders. He doesn’t appear to know Fourth Amendment law. And while the defense attorneys are doing nothing unexpected or inappropriate in defending their clients, Schatzow is engaging in verbal pyrotechnics more consistent with a shouting match than a professionally conducted criminal case. It’s as though he thinks he can defeat the motions with nasty sarcasms rather than with evidence and the law.

Mosby’s website boasts of Schatzow’s participation in a lawsuit that ordered Maryland taxpayers to foot the bill for lawyers at commissioner hearings. The brief in that case used facts that were completely misleading.

To quote Yogi Berra, it’s deja vu all over again. The actual facts are not important to the Mosby team. It’s only the result they want, a result that need only be consistent with their point of view.

• MouseTheLuckyDog says:

That’s why I keep asking who writes these things. I find it hard to believe that a lawyer like Schatzow, who is supposedly competent, is writing these. At least not without Mosby dictating a lot. Vitriol generally doesn’t get you a lot and when it does, that goes away during the appeal.

• art tart says:

Bob Stone ~ another excellent article by Croyder. We always thought this case should have been Civil so what can be done now? Is it possible that the Judge can send this to Civil Court where it should have been to start with?

When cases are brought such as this one & GZ’s, costing those accused by political motives which Mosby admits, there should be a law of repercussions for the accused to use to sue Prosecutors for ruining their lives.

• art tart says:

I realize the family needs to file the Civil Suit first, but the Attorney for the family said there would be a Civil Suit.

23. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

I don’t know what this is but it sure isn’t Justice

24. pspsst says:

There was a photo of Mosby marching for black rights so pardon me if I don’t buy her horse puckey.

25. yakmaster2 says:

Is Schatzow to Mosby what Bernie was to Corey?
    Answer worth 20 points.

26. nivico says:

“[…] I got wait-listed to every law school I applied to because I didn’t do as well on my LSAT. So I needed to think outside the box. No situation or circumstance should define your destiny. Only you and God can do that. I started calling around to law schools — this is not traditional, people don’t do this — and I said, “I really want to interview with you. I think you need to know that my LSAT score is not indicative of my potential.” People said it was fruitless. I called schools every day for months. And finally a woman was like, “OK, all right, lady, yes, come in.”

Wow, rejected by every law school she applied to… that’s quite an, um, accomplishment?

And man, her LSAT’s must have been abysmal … being a minority female, her foot would have been halfway in the door even with a mediocre LSAT score.

I’ll give her credit for being honest and confirming what everyone already knew, though… she didn’t get into law school by traditional or legitimate means.

• boutis says:

Her LSAT is indicative of her potential. Her potential to do harm. She should be in traffic court. Andrew Branca at Legal Insurrection, who is a real criminal attorney and not just on television, takes the charges and her “theory” of the crime apart step by step. Her ignorance, politicization of a accident “for her people”, haste in not reading the autopsy or asking anyone anything about it, grandstanding, and thin skin is going to be her and Baltimore’s undoing. Affirmative action and cause and effect is a recipe for a big mess.

27. jc says:

First of all I think this is the first time I’ve heard the term “riots” used by the homies to describe the peaceful demonstrations following freddie’s murder (sarc).

But if minimizing riots was justification for slip shod indictments (including charging the wrong people) then deliberate tilting of the scales of justice during the trial by both the prosecutor and judge is not only justified but their civic duty, after all the goal isn’t simply justice it’s “justice for freddie”. The six cops can appeal their convictions and will get out in a few years and further riots (except maybe some minor celebratory riots) will be avoided.

I think Mosby and her jew lawyer have already said enough to get the charges dismissed and get her sanctioned by the state but I’m sure they’ll keep talking and further justify dismissal of the charges and her removal.

• joanfoster says:

“I think Mosby and her jew lawyer have already said enough to get the charges ….”

The word lawyer probably did not need an adjective or qualifier like the one you used.

28. myopiafree says:

Marilyn Mosby: ‘I arrested the cops for political reasons’
    At least she is honest about it. But that is the WORST possible reason to arrest anyone. It directly implies that you will have to “trump up” evidence, that was never there – in the first place. This is where the judge must declare a mis-trial. Or, seek a NEW prosecutor, who does not heve Mosby, irrational bias.

• art tart says:

myopiafree ~ “Let’s hope Mosby’s honesty, I arrested the cops for political reasons” cost her to be removed from the case as you suggest. If a new Prosecutor were brought in, objectively reviewed Batt’s report in it’s entirety as well as the knife/evidence/ full autopsy report, most of the charges imo would be dropped, at least for the arresting Officers. The charges on the other 3 Officers were overcharged, IDK about them.

29. Rick says:

Michael Schatzow defended 5 criminal cases in Maryland courts since joining the bar. That is 5 criminal cases in maybe 40 years of practice!

Michael Schatzow prosecuted zero cases and appealed the dismissal of 1 second degree murder case since being appointed Chief Deputy State’s Attorney for Baltimore City in 2015.

Michael Schatzow’s next criminal case is the prosecution of the six Baltimore City Police Officers.

Source: Maryland Court Case Search

30. John Galt says:

One of Mosby’s 99 problems:

“And, in order to sustain a conviction of involuntary manslaughter, the gross and criminal negligence must be the proximate cause of death.”