If You Have Kids, Share This Video With Them

I just watched this video, and I’m sitting here with tears running down my face.  Had to share with you.

We are all precious, each child is precious, and all they need to know is that someone cares, someone sees the good in them.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to If You Have Kids, Share This Video With Them

1. seabrznsun says:

Way to go Stella!

2. This is great, all kids should see it.

I am currently scheduling guests post to go up while I’m on vacation in a couple weeks and would love to use this. You get credit and a link, of course.

James

3. peachteachr says:

“Train a child up in the way you would have him go and when he is old, he will not depart,” Proverbs 22:6. I prayed that so often for my son and he did return. He’s a youth minister now. This video made my memories fall down my cheeks.

4. texasgypsy53 says:

No child understands a mom’s pain for a child who is going down the wrong road,until they are grown and remembers the mom’s eyes of hurt. Hopefully the memory teaches them to be as good as she sees they are capable of being. I’ll take the pain a million times over, as long as my children win on the road to a good and decent life. My life for theirs. I can do no other.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

“No child understands a mom’s pain for a child who is going down the wrong road”

–well-put. And this is why God uses the parent analogy with us. He gives us everything and provides us guidance, and we simply act like rebellious, know-it-all teen-agers.

I strongly believe “sin” is behavior by me, when I have been “brought up better than that,” that hurts God in that way.

5. labrat says:

I hope I don’t sound pretentious, but I don’t feel any need to share this video with my kids. I’ve been very blessed. I honestly don’t know if I just won the child lottery and won 3 great kids or if I’m a great mother. I certainly don’t feel like I deserve bragging rights, I always feel like I could or should do more. I have three children 20,19,17; two girls and a boy and other than the fact that they could be better housekeepers (so could I), I have no complaints. I haven’t gone through any teen angst with any of them. They are smart, honest, respectful, loving, hard working kids and they appreciate me. They not only love me – they actually like me. How do I know? They just told me so last night!

• stella says:

Lucky you! Count your blessings, and I hope they continue.

• Sharon says:

labrat, I also have two sons who love me and like me and I may share this with them in gratitude because I don’t see it as primarily a corrective – to anyone.

I can tell them that I know how blessed I am, and they are right on in their determination to stand in love. I’m in tears for gratitude, for the redemption I see in our family’s life even when there are hard things, and there are plenty of those.

This young man’s life testifies that his mother knew exactly what she was doing, she full well knew that he was worth the loving, worth fighting for, worth fighting with.

Thank you, Stella.

• Ziiggii says:

I always love how you point back to redemption Sharon. The one thing that really does bring hope into ones perspective in the world around them and their own life. So many “kids” have lost that hope or even believe that they are worth any amount of love or that they aren’t “stuck” in a particular environment unless they choose not to be or etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on!

Being on staff at a post grad institution that is oh so reformed in it’s theology it’s easy to forget how freeing redemption really is to the one lost and without hope.

• auscitizenmom says:

Goodness gracious. You HAVE to be a GREAT mother if you have accomplished that. When my son was younger, I was always being told what a great job I had done with him. I usually responded with, “God gave him to me this way and I made sure I didn’t ruin him.” But I think that makes me a very good mother.

6. Our God works in such mysterious ways. My parents were just in my office and we were talking about my unruly days growing up and how much pain and suffering I put them through. You can still see the hurt they felt when they discuss this with me.

I’m in my early 40s now and my husband and I have a three year old daughter. I watched this video with tears of guilt and sorrow for what I put my parents through from my late teens to my early thirties….and I watched this video with tears of hope that I may be, with God’s guidance, a mother that she always will know loves her unconditionally even if she goes down the road I took or an even worse path.

Thank you for sharing…because God knew I, and probably many others, needed to see this at this exact moment.

7. auscitizenmom says:

Very touching and I am sure he made a difference in many of those kid’s lives.

• Josh says:

“…I am sure he made a difference in many of those kid’s lives.” THIS is what I liked. To see so many of those children obviously touched by his words. I’m imagining the thoughts going through their Mother’s (and hopefully Father’s) minds when the children arrived home after this event. I’ve no doubt some of the parents have lovely stories to tell.

8. Ziiggii says:

STUNNING!!!!

Stella – “well done good and faithful servant.”

Very much aptly timed!

9. Pingback: Every parent needs to share this video with their kids | The Isaiah 53:5 Project

10. FlatFoot says:

Great video — if your parent(s) were actually sincerely “loving” and “supportive” — and not perpetually physically and mentally/emotionally “abusive” on a literally daily basis throughout your pre-teen and puberty/teen life (and on into adulthood with the mental/emotional abuse) and completely “uninterested” in your extracurricular activities to any modicum of a degree beyond simply getting and keeping you out of their house as much as possible, and their ‘duties’ just enough fulfilled for their own personal considerations for strictly appearances sake to extended family and friends/neighbors until the day they could finally legally throw you to the wolves and kick you out of their house forever.

Send/Show that video to the wrong “kid”, who has not had or received any (or so very, very little) of that parental “love” and “affection” and “supportive interest” which is noted and praised so highly in the video, and it could certainly do more harm than good. Heck, it even tears at decades old scars that are most definitely much better left ignored and/or forgotten. For many “adults” that have been there and done that, even if they managed to retain their sanity and being blown around by ‘life’ like a tumbleweed in a never ending storm for years on end, and had worked so very hard and so very diligently to stay the high road as much as possible, consciously be a good person as much as possible, and managed to simply survive much less ever so slowly progress forward starting with nothing but the clothes on their backs, their wits, and the health of the teen body and ultimately, finally ‘succeeding’ to some level many years later, however slight but hard fought and well earned that ‘success’ may be, the deeply ingrained lifelong intense longing for that parent(s) praised so highly in the video lurks ever so insidiously and stays with you forever — randomly bubbling up with its gnashing teeth from time to time from oh-so deep down in the internal abyss where its been forced to stay incarcerated by sheer force of will in perpetuity — it just never leaves.

11. Reblogged this on My Daily Musing and commented:

This is one of those “I had to share” posts. Before listening to the video have tissues around.