Ted Cruz On CBS Handles Gotcha “Obamacare” Question Smoothly….

It’s the progressives #1 Obamacare claim – if you want to repeal it, you are throwing 16 million people off healthcare plans. So when the CBS team tries the question, Ted Cruz gives them an accurate retort. Well done.

…”Well, you know, those numbers don’t tell the whole picture. For one thing, the bulk of those numbers are coming from expanded Medicaid. And Medicaid is a program where a lot of the people on Medicaid are not getting health care. Medicaid is a system that is already overburdened and more and more people are just getting waiting lists and not actually getting health care. Beyond that — remember, six million people had their health insurance canceled because of Obamacare. You’re not doing someone a favor if you cancel the health insurance they like and then force them to buy new health insurance at higher premiums that covers less”….

This entry was posted in A New America, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2016, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, media bias, Obamacare, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Ted Cruz, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

76 Responses to Ted Cruz On CBS Handles Gotcha “Obamacare” Question Smoothly….

1. BertDilbert says:

Chopped that 16 million number down with a reality check. I like the way he speaks softly in response to the questions, does not act like he is in a defensive position when posed hard questions. Nicely sidestepped Syria as being a non threat to US interest. Comes off as level headed. Swiped Obama for not arming the Kurds in a round about way.

Hope and change with a soft tongue.

• Jett Black says:

The 16M thing has always been a load of BS, but Cruz did a nice job of cutting it down in a “sound-bite.” Consider what <0 has wrought in a larger context. US population is @ 320M. So the entire nation and something like 17% of the national, private economy has been hijacked, held hostage, and further indebted to benefit a supposed 5% of the population.

The percentage is, of course, actually even tinier, as Cruz noted–6M are “washes” b/c they were covered/canceled/re-covered. Another 2.3M are youth who got coverage under their parents’ pre-existing policies. Even allowing the commies to crow about the artificial numbers including medicaid expansion, there’s really only about 7.7M, just from this cursory analysis, who’re benefiting from <0care. That’s 2.4% of total population. So remind me what kind of “representative democracy” we have here?

I suggest that this illustrates the problem of a professional political class and intransigent bureaucratic infrastructure–they keep looking for more ways to justify their existence, even if completely counter-productive and insignificant.

• MM says:

Did you note the graphic they displayed right in the middle of Ted’s response purporting to show that the number of uninsured had actually dropped? Gee yathink they had that ready?

2. rsmith1776 says:

This may be shallow but he really needs better groomers – bad hair-dye, bad eyebrow wax, too much make-up on his face. . .

• Hank Rearden says:

That’s what you noticed? o.O I don’t know anything about hair dye or eyebrow waxing, but I would assume that CBS did the makeup.

• aintbuyingit says:

I don’t think it is shallow at all. This is his image, and that is important. Many people that watch only mainstream news may have seen him for the first time. I would bet that CBS most definitely did that makeup. If he can be made to look a little “off”, better for their side. Remember who is at the top of CBS… David Rhodes, brother of Ben and Obama’s pal. Cruz needs to get a stylist on his payroll NOW.

• VideoSavant says:

If only you could have been around to help out President Lincoln. Oh, the president he could have been with you behind him.

Seriously, I am tired of the conventional wisdom and playing the game by rules defined by the media. It’s well past time that we get beyond the Nixon-Kennedy superficialities on style and appearance and focus on the things that matter.

• rsmith1776 says:

Savant, I knew I was exposing myself to such comments so I don’t blame you. The thing is, yes, I am interested in completely different things not in appearance. I’d rather have an old, fat, ugly, experienced and competent guy than a handsome know-nothing. At the same time, we live in the world we live in and pretending that sloppy, weird grooming counts for nothing ain’t holding.

• joanfoster says:

Because I have been a big Ted Cruz fan since his election to the Senate, I have paid close attention to him. I have had people comment to me about his “sleepy looking eyes”, also the way he walks if you can believe that. Because he looks no different than the first time I watched him speak before CPAC and numerous interviews, I just don’t see the “bad grooming”. I think a good barber can trim his eyebrows if necessary, but I certainly don’t want Ted to go all “metrosexual” on us and start waxing. If he becomes Al Gore, I’m done.

• rsmith1776 says:

“I think a good barber can trim his eyebrows if necessary, but I certainly don’t want Ted to go all “metrosexual” on us and start waxing.”

It’s not that he doesn’t do it, the problem is that it’s overdone.

• georgiafl says:

There is no hair dye, no waxing – only studio makeup.

• rsmith1776 says:

By the way, I am not picking on Cruz because he does it. Unless I am mistaken, the one and only Ronald was the first one to have a (not very well-done) dye-job.

Nowadays it is harder to find male politicians who don’t use these “enhancements”. Some do it very smartly, like Romney who dyed his hair but left some “natural-looking” traces of gray. (He obviously had expensive stylists taking care of his appearances. It didn’t help much.) Trump (if you want to call him a politician) has some rather obvious “hair enhancements” as, possibly, Newt.

I am reminded of the great John Wayne confronting some unruly lefty students:

is it true Mr. Wayne that your hair is not real?
          no it’s not, it may not be mine, but I assure you it is real.

The Dear Leader B. O. went back and forth for a while from darkening his short hair (when wanting to project young and vigorous, mostly during campaigns) to allowing the gray to set in (you know, he’s tired of affairs of state, all that golfing and playing cards with his aptly named Indian bodyman etc.).

So you see I am not picking on Ted Cruz for doing it, I’m saying he has to do it better (-:

• Linda says:

I don’t care what he LOOKS like…..I just love what comes out of his mouth.

• And, as I keep saying… he needs a mustache!

• notasmidgeon says:

I didn’t pick up on that. Was listening to the Q & A. Liking his soft spoken but firm, truthful answers and sitting here hoping!

3. ZurichMike says:

Excellent response.

• smiley says:

I actually ENJOY listening to this man speak.
      in fact, I look forward to it.

• ZurichMike says:

Indeed. I still have reservations about him (Walker is my guy) but even with Cruz’s speaking abilities — we have such a dumbed-down electorate I think it would be lost on them anyway. Sigh.

• yakmaster2 says:

“Dumbed down electorate” is spot on. Unfortunately, many of them wait for the Media to tell them what they should think about a candidate—and look where that’s put us for the last two elections. Sad.

• John Galt says:

“I don’t see how its possible, after listening to Cruz, to not be impressed with his intelligent grasp of any topic thrown at him, and his civil, poised, honest demeanor.”

I’ve been reading lib comments about Cruz. Some of them actually note his dynamic speaking ability and photographic memory, and then attack those characteristics as if they were unfair trickery. The mind boggles.

4. I love Ted Cruz and I think he would make a great president. I also love Scott Walker and think he would make a great president. Sadly, I doubt we’ll end up with either of them as our candidate.

• smiley says:

I know what you mean and how you feel.
      JADED (FED UP) by what’s been taking place.
      but please try not to give in to that. 🙂

• It’s hard. I do believe Jeb is going to get the nomination, though, sickened as that makes me. I also believe, assuming he does get the nomination, we’re doomed to another 8 years of progressive liberal agenda.

• VideoSavant says:

If it’s Jeb, I will leave my presidential ballot blank.

• Col.(R) Ken says:

Don’t leave it blank, write your name it.

• QuadGMoto says:

I will not vote for Jeb. Period.

I would not write my own name in as Col. Ken suggests, but writing in a name is probably a good idea. Maybe Bill Whittle?

• Linda says:

How about Ted Cruz instead of Bill Whittle. If we can get it going that everybody who doesn’t care for Jeb, should he be the nominee, write in Ted Cruz name, maybe we could make an impact.

• or Scott Walker? Actually, as a friend of several county clerks (in charge of counting votes) write-ins are nothing but a headache, since the votes have to be counted by hand. Also, after they see “Mickey Mouse” and “Donald Duck” gazillions of times, it ceases to be cute or funny. So, please warn your friends. I know that no Treepers would do that.

• shirley49 says:

I think that is up to us. If we Conservatives and Republicans get off of our butts and vote we could pull it off but we need to make sure we pick the best candidate and not split the vote between a dozen of them.

• smiley says:

splitting the vote is definitely at issue, and a big concern.
        in fact, its a dilemma.
        but I am tired of voting for someone who is not really my true choice just to prevent someone else from winning.
        very tired of doing that.
        swore to myself I’d never do it again.

• stella says:

I know how you feel, smiley! I’ll wait to see the nominees before I decide what to do. If the conservatives field a candidate in opposition to a Rino (like Jeb), I would vote for the conservative candidate. If Jeb is the only candidate who opposes somebody like Hillary, or Lizzie Warren, I’m not sure.

One thing is sure – Dems will support their candidate, no matter what. So, we have had Obama for 6 years so far. I’m not sure I can stand another eight years of another one like him, nor am I sure that the country can stand it.

• smiley says:

well-said, stella.

• Jett Black says:

We’re on the same team, smiley and stella. I sometimes think it might be better to go ahead and vote for the worst prognazi possible, so people really get a taste of it, get disgusted, and their whole rotten house of cards falls that much faster. However, with media so firmly implanted up the progs’ nethers, I fear the whole nation will have to crumble, before the mall rats and couch potatoes notice. Whenever I see a bunch of entitled, Urban Outfitters bedecked youth screeching about anarchy, it gives me a real belly laugh. They would all die or wind up as slaves in true anarchy, while us “bitter clingers,” would at least have the knowledge and hard tools to live like feudal lords. Lord, I pray that is not the world I bequeath to my children and theirs!

• Sharon says:

That’s the reason used by a lot of people who refused to vote for McCain in 2008. When the rotten house of cards falls down things don’t automatically get better. There’s a fallacy in that assumption.

• “…we need to make sure we pick the best candidate and not split the vote between a dozen of them.”

Exactly right!!

• Betty says:

What is your plan to support your pick, volunteering in you neighborhood, sending a little money each month? Maybe you are going to do your best to protect the vote, poll watcher, election judge perhaps? Some of those positions need advanced training so you need to get on it.

You know what? That “Dumbed down electorate” you all love smirking at sometimes are the only one who get out and fight for what the candidate who promises to give them what they want. The only thing dumbed down about them is that they trust liars.

Or are you just planning on coming here to demonstrate you erudition by making killer comments?

• stella says:

Assume much?

• shirley49 says:

I donate to various organizations like True the Vote who is doing a great job, the Senate Conservatives fund, Judicial Watch and individual candidates that I support along with helping with phone calls. I never give to a Republican organization like the RNC. I know it is hard working and and taking care of a family but the next election is critical and need to make sure a Jeb Bush does not get elected. Do your homework and pick the best Conservative who fights. We do not want to run another squish like McCain or even Romney who were so afraid to be called racist. This next election will be the SEXIST card.

• Sharon says:

shirley49, you do not have to defend yourself against random, generalized accusations based on presumption.

Foundational Treepers could lay out their resumes and deliver a lot of imperious imperatives all around. They seldom even reference their resumes and they don’t deliver imperious imperatives. They believe the conversation is more important.

• Jett Black says:

Those are fair points. You’re correct that a huge part of the problem is that many in the electorate trust liars and the media not only do nothing to expose them, but actively cover for them and perpetuate the lies.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have, in the past, been a grass-roots campaigner and based on some of what I’ve seen lately, a poll-watcher position is something I’m looking into. Hope you’re taking your own advice, too!

• Yes, Betty, yes! And despite your last sentence, I do believe some people are here for just that reason. Pace, Stella. :-))

• Sharon says:

Word to the wise: do not presume to lecture.

5. labrat says:

Liberals don’t care about his answer – he’s a hypocrite that shut down the government to try to repeal Obamacare and now he’s signing up for it – dontcha know? Just a sampling from FB.

• lumoc1 says:

according to the info provided in your first link :” Under President Barack Obama’s signature Affordable Care Act, members of Congress seeking insurance must sign up through an exchange.”
      Why is he a hypocrite for obeying the law? Am I missing something ?

• Linda says:

Agree….and why shouldn’t Cruz take advantage of it while it is still there. Maybe that was the simplest way to cover his wife and two little girls in the INTERIM.

Also, absolutely petty and vindictive of that demon to sign an order to make Ted Cruz ineligible. His real identity sure is oozing from his pores. It is beneath the dignity of the office to resort to such tactics as this AS WELL AS what he is doing to Israel. Of course, after he has finished with the country, there IS NO DIGNITY left. De-classifying that document of Israel’s nuclear program was THE LAST STRAW.

He is an abomination.

• Linda says:

I had to go back to read it again to discover that the article was satire. But it sounded like something that demon would do so I swallowed it hook, line and sinker. Sorry folks, I guess you have to real sophisticated to read New Yorker.

6. georgiafl says:

This image of Ted Cruz makes me uneasy:

Because of this:

and this:

The last decade has increased my distrust of any US politician.

7. rsmith1776 says:

Walker/Cruz 2016 wouldn’t sound bad a ticket.

Governor’s experience and political depth plus an excellent attack dog.

How well would Walker do on foreign affairs?

• John Galt says:

As Michelle Maulkin notes, Walker needs to be seriously vetted as he periodically gives off aromas of common core and amnesty.

• rsmith1776 says:

The thing is that there is a difference between a politician who was vetted regarding speeches alone and politicians who actually governed. Of course the first will be as a disadvantage when it comes to ideological purity but they will also be more likely to actually do what they promised during campaigning.

• pspsst says:

Walker does that because Latinos historically do not vote for Republicans.

They definitely would shift vote for Cruz without need for him to pander to the illegals and common core. He represents a strong role model to them of hispanic ancestry much like some of us are proud of the Irish and other influences in our own. He’s also Irish and Italian from Ellis. They see the Cuban but not the Irish American.

Jmho, right now. Still vetting ..

• Anton says:

Is it true his mother is actually Canadian by birth?…keep vetting!

• pspsst says:

Oh, gads no, his mother is 100% American – state of Delaware. Birmingham, I believe.

The province of Alberta is as close as you can get to being an American state in Canada, of all the provinces, and even then, the entire family abandoned this system to return to Texas. It has private and public health options, and the couple didn’t want it nor the public health care. I can’t imagine Ted wanting to bring a system rejected by the family, which they ran from, to the US.

• John Galt says:

His whole family are Muslims from Kenya, so I think he’s good.

8. Pingback: Ted Cruz Says Global Warming Alarmists Are Like ‘Flat-Earthers’ » Gossips

9. MP says:

Before his presidential run announcement, I didn’t think too much of Cruz, but having seen his speech and how he handled some tough questions from the liberal media, I was pretty impressed. He’s certainly my preferred Republican candidate for now.

• Anton says:

Keep in mind…Obama was a fine speaker as well…don’t want another Manchurian….who knows Obama may be a CUBAN plant too.

• pspsst says:

Obama was never a fine speaker. He puts people to sleep, which is his exact intention with hypnosis. Cruz doesn’t ramble, the guy is so sharp he hurts the Dems, wakes them up.

10. FlatFoot says:

The RINO Rove-Publican Party will never permit a Cruz or Walker presidential nominee. Conservative-Lite ‘progressive’ Jeb Bush will be the GOP nominee come hell or high water, and he surely does love him some ObamaCare — not to mention Scofflaw Criminal Illegal Immigrant Amnesty and Common Core.

11. doodahdaze says:

The Rev. Al Sharpton said “Crew is allegeble for president.” What could go wrong.

12. talkaftercarefulthought says:

Cruz speaks of things the media and left have night terrors over. Anything less than a full leftist Donald Rumsfeldesque “shock and awe” attack on everything Cruz has ever said and done and every person he’s ever interacted with would bowl me over..

13. pspsst says:

Jeb will be courting the illegal latino vote. Ted the legal latino votes. Scott Walker has proven his grits to win against all odds. Ted is a Reagan Conservative but he is not carbon copy, he is an original. We have to stay strategic and nimble to stay alive. For those who are disappointed his first ad was in Spanish, this is why:

in 2004, George W. Bush won forty-four per cent of the Hispanic vote nationally; in 2008, John McCain won just thirty-one per cent. On Tuesday, Romney fared even worse — Ted Cruz, post mortem Nov 2, 2014 election, at the time he was not running.

“As a senator from Texas, the largest and most important state in the Republican firmament, Cruz has a special role in the post-Romney debate. At the Presidential level, Texas has thirty-eight electoral votes, second only to California, which has fifty-five. It anchors the modern Republican Party, in the same way that California and New York anchor the Democratic Party. But, Cruz told me, the once unthinkable idea of Texas becoming a Democratic state is now a real possibility.

“If Republicans do not do better in the Hispanic community,” he said, “in a few short years Republicans will no longer be the majority party in our state.” He ticked off some statistics: in 2004, George W. Bush won forty-four per cent of the Hispanic vote nationally; in 2008, John McCain won just thirty-one per cent. On Tuesday, Romney fared even worse.

“In not too many years, Texas could switch from being all Republican to all Democrat,” he said. “If that happens, no Republican will ever again win the White House. New York and California are for the foreseeable future unalterably Democrat. If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won’t be talking about Ohio, we won’t be talking about Florida or Virginia, because it won’t matter. If Texas is bright blue, you can’t get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party. Our kids and grandkids would study how this used to be a national political party. ‘They had Conventions, they nominated Presidential candidates. They don’t exist anymore.’ ” Nov 19, 2014

14. LiveFreeOrDie1776 says:

How about every question there was intended to be a gotcha.

See that black dude during Ted’s reply? Smoke was coming from his ears, he was thinking so hard.

• John Galt says:

He needs to learn to babble with confidence, like Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, Crump, or Tippy Guam. Don’t just sit there with smoke coming out your ears getting your azz handed to you by a guy with an extra 40 IQ points. Start talking jive. From my house to your house, from the White House to the outhouse, resist we much and about that we must be committed. Da objectib ebidence shows dat da black babies dying in the projects without Obama Care! The entire country will tip over!

15. baebeegirl says:

A couple more gotcha interview vids…Cruz really speaks to me on every issue, and very rarely, if ever stumbles. Truth from his heart.

Plus the “journalist” was delicious in his supporting role as uncomfortable moron 👿 🙄

16. Ursula says:

Maybe some conservative Hollywood actors, actresses and or SABO can work with him.
    Remember Regan was an actor first. I’m sure O got some Hollywood help besides money.

17. lorac says:

well if we are picking a president about his/her looks than old Hilda Beast won’t have a snowball chance in hell to get the democratic nomination. The every changing hair do’s, the thick glasses and her eyes going all over the place and those ugly bags under her eyes. I love Cruz. He doesn’t get his bowels in a up roar he is always level headed and calm cool and collected. His is spot on with any question that is thrown his way. He will definitely make sure our constitution is followed and not destroyed like hit has been in the last 7 years. He will have my vote. I would love to see a Cruz/ Walker ticket. Between both of them this country could get back on track instead of the head on collision it is headed u for under the democratic White house.