Report: Senator Ted Cruz To Announce Presidential Bid On Monday…

Ted Cruz has quite a bit going for him, and he can make Palin-like splodey heads of the liberal antagonists just with the rise of his chin. There is also a generally solid argument to make that Cruz has shown a willingness to fight the Decepticon class within the GOP, although in order to avoid being completely marginalized by the Alinsky machine he has moderated his anti-establishment positions. This should be interesting….

Ted Cruz and Mike Lee lg

TEXAS – Sen. Ted Cruz plans to announce Monday that he will run for president of the United States, according to his senior advisers, accelerating his already rapid three-year rise from a tea party insurgent in Texas into a divisive political force in Washington.

Cruz, scheduled to speak Monday at a convocation ceremony at Liberty University in Virginia, will not form an exploratory committee but rather launch a presidential bid outright, said advisers with direct knowledge of his plans, who spoke on condition of anonymity because an official announcement had not been made yet. They say he is done exploring and is now ready to become the first Republican presidential candidate.

Over the course of the primary campaign, Cruz will aim to raise between $40 million and $50 million, according to advisers, and dominate with the same tea party voters who supported his underdog senate campaign in 2012. But the key to victory, Cruz advisers believe, is to be the second choice of enough voters in the party’s libertarian and social conservative wings to cobble together a coalition to defeat the chosen candidate of the Republican establishment.

The firebrand Texan may have few Senate colleagues who will back his White House bid, but his appeal to his party’s base who vote disproportionately in Republican primaries could make him competitive in Iowa and beyond. (read more)

cruz-gridiron-club

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Christian Values, Election 2016, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

154 Responses to Report: Senator Ted Cruz To Announce Presidential Bid On Monday…

1. crossrib says:

I’m excited. Let this man talk, get him on a stage debating other candidates and I believe he will shine so that the doubters will see the light he can bring.

• smiley says:

I am all for Ted Cruz.
      he’s got the progs heads exploding..and the RINOs too.

he has a brilliant legal mind, is a true Christian, and an American patriot all the way.
      he is not a push-over, or a coward, or a fraud, or a lying pandering showman.
      he’s the real deal.
      would LOVE to see him handle the debates !
      he and Cotton would make one heckuva team.
      can you imagine ?
      wow.
      got my vote.

2. beaujest says:

This man has the whole package ! He will have my vote !

• canadacan says:

I’m hopeful but scared something like going over Niagara Falls in a barrel

• canadacan says:

I would love to see Tom Cotton is vice president.
        Marco Rubio as Secretary of State

• joanfoster says:

“I’m hopeful but scared something like going over Niagara Falls in a barrel”. – Come on and jump in the life raft with the rest of us. This is the only candidate in the Republican party that can and will expose Jeb Bush. I too am worried about the fundraising and despite what you may think, there are a lot of Republican voters who unfortunately feel safer with the mushy mouthed types like Bush, McConnell, etc. What has Cruz to lose here? Maybe the nomination, but he will force conversations on issues that none of the Rhinos want to talk about.

3. cali says:

He is a man with and of principle as well as a true Christian faith. Let the bashing and negative stories begin and assisted by the msn who’s choice is Jeb.
    By the way – Barbara Bush is sending fundraising requests for her son which is laughable. I will never forget her arrogant demeanor toward Sarah Palin.

4. Sitting on GO……I want my Cruz 2016 bumper sticker & yard sign!!!!! Lets roll!!!

• smiley says:

I want my Cruz President !

• canadacan says:

I am scared to death but I will support him .Dear God please don’t let him get his ass handed to him by the Rupublicats.
      Bushwackers are revving up I’d like to whack Jeb.
      Jeb speaks fluent Spanish and and Cruz doesn’t.Yes it’s going to make a difference.
      I wish Rubio could accompany him but be it would be a conflict of interest.
      I’m one of those folks that likes to worry in advance .
      Asmy brother says when he quotes the insufferable Bill Gates”only the paranoid survive

• smiley says:

try to calm down a little bit. 🙂

• ThankYou,Treepers says:

When the day comes that the ability to speak a language other than English is the difference maker in a Presidential election, then this nation will have fallen off the cliff with precious little time before shattering upon hitting bottom.

We have to be sure we eliminate from our thinking any of what I call the “premium on brown” – assign zero added value for any ethnicity different than vanilla white and none for language, cultural background or recent immigration lineage over and above basic American.

Cruz, Ben Carson, etc., have to show they are best, not just good enough to merit serious consideration with brownie points for their ethnicity putting them over the top.

• Sharon says:

I’m not aware of anyone here giving Cruz brownie points for ethnicity. Couldn’t care less, myself. He talks plain and says what is so.

Do you give him brownie points for ethnicity?

Elections are not mostly used just for selecting the best leaders any more but it’s an idea worth keeping in mind.

• Indiemex says:

II Timothy 1:7

• CoffeeBreak says:

Jeb needs to be continually tied to Big Government. Any doublespeak from conservatives about any Bush “good old days” weakens the necessary election of a staunch conservative to the presidency.

Electing a third Bush is no different than having another leftist assume the reins. The Bush family have been and continue to be a detriment. Every now and then one lifts their leg and farts out what that family really thinks (Sasquatch on Larry King in regards to Sarah Palin).

I love the conservative movement because we are not in lock step with each other. We enjoy freedom of thought and aren’t afraid. But, it’s my belief that there is one front we should all be united on and that would be getting a thoroughly vetted, qualified conservative elected as president.

Any conservative actively taking the wind out of the sails of any qualified, proven conservative candidate is, in fact, working an upvote for Marxism (Jeb, Democrats).

There is a Tea Party member about two and a half hours from me that, for whatever reason, is, in stealth-mode, pulling the legs out from other conservatives at the private-citizen level. This subversion will not be ignored.

• yankeeintx says:

Even the evil twins Julian and Joaquin Castro don’t speak Spanish.

5. Sentient says:

Although I agree with him on most things, I think Cruz is too polarizing to win the nomination let alone the general. Walker is conservative and won three times in a blue state. IMO, Walker is the only one who can stop the Bush/money juggernaut.

• ThankYou,Treepers says:

This raises issues beyond my knowledge base so I can only wonder.

Federal Congressman Steve King of Iowa has (in my opinion based on what I’ve seen via tv & surfing) distinguished himself so far above and beyond other Republicans over the last ten years the only question is who’s the distant second and I would pick Cruz.

But King either doesn’t consider himself electable or knows he can’t raise the money because he didn’t throw his hat in for 2012 and shows no inclination now. It can’t be that he’s not up for the fight because nobody has consistently taken tougher anti leftist media stances as he has.

What Walker is doing is critically necessary and a dream come true, but he like Cruz lacks King’s seasoning and Walker can’t touch King’s daily experience on national issues.

Steve King is the only national pol who appears totally fearless on race issues – he’s the only one who never tiptoes. Experience has taught that’s the true sign of a man who has a conscience clear of bigotry and true Christian love for all.

• Coast says:

I think Cruz is too polarizing …..

That’s been the message and drum beat of the MSM now for quite awhile, but of course following the laws and our Constitution has become polarizing in this day and age. Cruz has been one of only a few people in Congress that has actually fought for America. The rest are no good…and a prime example is Bush.

• WeeWeed says:

I do NOT think he’s “polarizing” – that’s the drumbeat of RINOS and the worthless media. But I DO think a Cruz and Walker ticket would be awesome.

6. Dr. Bogus Pachysandra says:

McCain said he’d back Cruz. Watch Moonbeam Brown comment on Cruz. It’s hilarious!

7. lovemygirl says:

He’s in my top ten, maybe top 3.

8. saywhat64 says:

ineligible for POTUS…

• WeeWeed says:

I don’t think so, but we’ll discuss that later.

• smiley says:

has he hidden, falsified and/or forged his birth certificate ?

• saywhat64 says:

I suppose he may be as eligible as Soetoro…

• saywhat64 says:

in terms of being a Natural Born Citizen…At least we know Cruz’s parents were definitely married…

• smiley says:

satire, right ?

• pspsst says:

natural birth vs natural born vs native born

THREE VERY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

No hospital vs Born to Two American Citizens vs Born on U.S. soil but not to two American citizens

Born in an elevator on any continent vs Ted Cruz vs Anchor babies

I don’t want to get into a prolonged argument too. Just remember that in order to pass Barack Obama off as natural born, the liberal establishment in 2008 attempted and successfully equated in the minds of the public native born to natural born suggesting that the two concepts are one and the same……….to which the conservative voters who were against Obama fell easy prey narrowing their definition incorrectly based on jus de soil.

If native born is the equivalent of natural born then all anchor babies or babies with one parent of international student visa or temporary visitors become eligible for the Oval Office. This simple fact is easy to digest.

The nation fell for the scheme making fun of others for attempting to say that Barack Obama is not natural born. We fell for it!

If we were clear back then, we would understand that natural born is not native born but more importantly for loyalty reasons, is birth to two (not one) American citizens. As in 100% alcohol proof. So is 100% natural born American. You can’t mix 50% water with 50% alcohol and call it 100% proof. Same with 100% natural born. If you have Latino genes, or Irish genes, or Scottish genes, or German ancestry but both your parents are fully committed as 100% American citizenship then your parentage has declared they are 100% American by citizenship.

On the other hand, Barack Obama’s father was merely an international student, disgraced at that too, sent back to his homeland, Kenya, because of his philandering with multiple wives and girlfriends. He was never natural born, only presumably, native born because his Grandma ran to the local newspaper to record his birth but never his place of birth.

Please DO NOT LET BARACK OBAMA’S HANDLERS IN 2008 confuse us yet again in 2016. This would be a terrible travesty.

Most important, Ted Cruz’s candidacy be vetted in the proper ways, not with a piece of rag left over from Bok Bok’s infuriorating dirty politicks. LEAVE THAT GARBAGE BEHIND PLEASE! For the love of God.

• pspsst says:

Soetoro was NEVER eligible. He was native born only.

The liberals did a number on us by equating native born with natural born. Barack Obama was more of an anchor baby. Born to one foreigner on a student visa disgraced for his philandering at grad school in the US and sent back to country of origin. His father was only in America temporarily, just long enough to breed. Sorry, but there is no other way to put it. No pity, nothing. It is what it is and never ought a country be led by an offspring of this legacy. As the liberals like to say, it’s for the good of the people, not for the good of The One (sarcastic emphasis on the OT).

• cali says:

@saywhat64: Ted Cruz is not ineligible ala Obama; several attorney have looked into this issue long before he planned his announcement. The media has already begun the drumbeat in that arena, labeling him a ‘obstructionist, divisive…blah, blah blah”.
      Remember they suppose to sell Jeb; if Hillary runs which I doubt – or they run inexperienced Castro – so what?
      Ted Cruz – his father is by the way a pastor and was born in Cuba – they all speak Spanish including Ted.
      Conservatives need to stand behind the conservative candidate – no more jolly gagging around allowing establishment rhinos call the shots.

9. ZurichMike says:

His wife works for Goldman Sachs. Really.

• Sharon says:

And I heard they left their garbage cans out several hours longer than necessary a couple of years back. Can’t have that.

• smiley says:

REALLY reaching…

• ZurichMike says:

Really not. He claims to fight the Establishment. Yet he and his wife are deeply entwined with it.

• 2x4x8 says:

just like the NRSC VP slot, these are areas of achievement in the advancement process, without a resume on the Republican side, might as well be like Glen Beck and Joe Walsh and quit, doubt if that will bring about a new successful third party, too much of America has been taken over by the establishment

• akathesob says:

Then we must have a inquest at once demmit!

• ZurichMike says:

Maybe not an inquest, but perhaps a little more curiosity about connecting the dots. Or is it not allowed to vet a candidate and his connections? We think it’s OK to find out what’s behind the Clinton Foundation and it’s relationship to Bill and Hillary, but not OK to see what connections he wife has in the financial markets?

• ZurichMike says:

I think the point is that how hard is Cruz going to fight the Establishment if his wife (and he by extension) are so much a part of it? I guess I won’t make cheerleading squad for Cruz.

• Sharon says:

So to extend the point – shall each family member of each candidate be examined for possible connections to “the Establishment” (after a tight definition is agreed on by somebody)…..?

I don’t think I’ll make a cheerleading squad for anybody because I don’t believe anything any of them say any more. Their desire to run becomes a disqualification of some sort – that has become my initial response to any of them. We the deceived are always the last to know about the deception…..

I don’t think anyone expects you or anyone else to even try out for the cheerleading squads for any of them. I’m sure not going to.

• ZurichMike says:

I think a basic curiosity about a candidate’s context — family, professional connections, etc. — is a fairly normal thing to want to know — just like we wanted to know about Obama and now want to know about Hillary (example, The Clinton Foundation). I used the word Establishment — because Cruz has positioned himself as the outsider wanting to clean up Washington. Uh-huh.

• WeeWeed says:

Absolutely fair – especially early. Supposedly she’s “taken a leave of absence” or quit – whatever. Us enquirin’ minds ‘n all that…..

• Sharon says:

Of course curiosity is normal. I thought you were labeling him establishment partly because of and in connection with his wife’s employment.

If he were to say to her, “Dear, I need to ask you to quit your job because it might make me look bad – politically speaking – doncha know….” I can’t see how that would make thinking people improve their estimation of his potential for the position of POTUS.

• 2x4x8 says:

older folks have learned about being burned by leaders that sell them out, so they are more cautious and less likely to shake the pom-poms

• Pam says:

Exactly! I am embarrassed about myself when I realize how naive I was, falling for the hype and propaganda of politicians running for office, and when I finally understood the psychological tactics employed by political parties to gin people up and get them all excited and rooting for “their side”, just like high school kids at football games.

My “pom-poms” lost their little plastic strings, one by one. I trashed the stick some years ago. Thanks for the great analogy. 🙂

• yankeeintx says:

I was originally concerned too. Then heard that she works in the investment division in Houston. It was a job that allows her to be home most nights with her children, and that was important to her. I also realized that the gov’t shutdown pushed us close to the “fiscal cliff”. Going over the “fiscal cliff” would have effected Goldman Sachs, but yet Ted did not back down. If he was going to do anything to favor her position at GS, he would have caved. I also consider that it might be nice to have someone with insider knowledge too 🙂

10. Cruz won’t get anywhere unless and until he grows a sexy mustache. Example: http://www.uh.edu/news-events/stories/2011articles/April2011/Vicentfox

11. hocuspocus13 says:

He’s got my vote…and I think I’m in love 💋

12. jetstream says:

Not eligible.

If this non natural born citizen announces a bid for the presidency, then he exposes himself as a fraud constitutionalist and faux conservative. All of his sweet whispers will soon burn like acid, as the supreme law of a once great nation is forever laid to rest…in homage to the cult of personality.

• WeeWeed says:

Nope. You’ve already been proven wrong in previous links dealing with this.

• Sharon says:

I already hated the 2016 election cycle. 👿

• jetstream says:

Natural Born Citizen – A Place to Ask Questions and Get the Right Answers
        A blog to discuss the U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 1, “natural born Citizen” presidential eligibility clause.

“The one and only common law definition of a natural born citizen confirmed by the unanimous U.S. Supreme Court in Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1875), which is a child born in a country to parents who were its citizens at the time of the child’s birth.” For those people interested in further educating themselves on the topic, attorney Mario Appuzzo has researched, studied and written about natural born citizenship since 2008. His blog is an in depth treatise on the issue (with extensive citation).

Specifically, as to Ted Cruz’s ineligibility, here is just one of many articles –

• jetstream says:

Primary sources including the US Constitution, Supreme Court opinion, The Federalist Papers, and the common sense beliefs of a few Americans
            versus
            Two former DOJ lawyers, a USAToday magazine writer, as well as an overwhelming consensus of political pundit opinions.

You decide.

• Les says:

The US Constitution does not define the term. You are overreaching.

• jetstream says:

The Article II grandfathering clause makes clear that there is a difference between a “citizen” and a “natural born citizen”.

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

Read more here http://www.art2superpac.com/issues.html

• Les says:

It still doesn’t define natural born. Repeating doesn’t change that. The part you bolded allowed our Founding Fathers to be presidents, the ex-pats. That was the intent.

The one parent American/two parent American thing won’t fly as per Obama. Cruz’s mother met the residency requirements for American citizens to give birth to an American citizen while in a foreign country. Obama’s mom didn’t (if he wasn’t born on US soil) because she was so young when she popped out her first pup.

I do understand the point you are trying to make, I just don’t agree at this time. I’m on Cruz’s side because he is conservative. Would I buy into your argument more if he were liberal? Maybe. I’m biased.

• justfactsplz says:

This topic has been hashed over and over. I can for see the Cruz haters jumping on this bandwagon and building it to a crescendo before it finally falls flat.

• Les says:

I like how they are going to have eat their own crow to do it. Tables turn, don’t they?

I’m ready for the Texas Showdown to begin! This man can beat Bush. If not in the No. 1 slot, in the No. 2 with Walker.

• canadacan says:

Thank you Miss Weed.
        You know how hard it is to push my buttons on this subject.

• smiley says:

good grief.

• jakaodm says:

you are right. people below are cowards

13. cajunkelly says:

He’ll get my vote, and that of DH, early and often 😛 🐻

President Ted Cruz ❤
    All those RINOs be like:

14. JAS says:

I would just love to see Ted in a debate with HRC. That would be awesome.

• smiley says:

she’d say she has a head ache/ lost her voice from yelling/screaming, and would try to avoid the debacle.

• Celtic5 says:

That would be fun to watch! However, I think Cruz and Walker cancel each other out…. IMHO.

• Les says:

I think they complement each other. What I don’t like about one, I like about the other. I think Walker gets things done in difficult situations and I like Cruz’s education (Harvard, Princeton, Harvard Law) because I think he will know how to challenge/fix what Obama broke. I prefer Cruz/Walker to Walker/Cruz, but either would have my vote.

I won’t sit home on election day because of the Americans who have paid for my right to vote with their lives, but I have cast some votes I didn’t like in the past. I resent picking the best of the worst, which is exactly what I would be doing in a Clinton/Jeb situation. I don’t even like to think of him as a Bush. That branch should have been pruned before now.

• Sharon says:

Depends on who the moderators would be. The debaters do not control either the content or quality of the debate…at least they have not in the debates staged since Ronald Reagan.

15. akathesob says:

Cuz / Growdy 2016!

16. Indiemex says:

Viva Cruz!
    Si se puede!
    Cruz/West. Cruz/Carson. Cruz/Bolton. Cruz/King. Cruz/Haley. Cruz/Paul. Si, si, si, si, si, si!
    I confess, I’ve been a Cruz fan from the start. I love it that he’s a Latino that, “get’s,” it. I can’t help it, and I don’t think that most of the rest of the Hispanic voting block will be able to either.
    The fact that he, like O, is barely a one term senator, doesn’t scare me. The similarities end there. He’s a GENUINE intellect, not an impostor. His transcripts will be revealed, and they’ll be impressive. He can think on his feet without getting surly or defensive. That trait alone should be refreshing to the electorate, after eight long years of incessant Pantiesinawaditis.
    He’ll also be a brilliant debater against Hillary, AND, all of the Candy Crowley’s of the press world.
    Oh, please, please, please God, make it happen!

• Sharon says:

I refuse to even pretend to understand Spanish and I couldn’t care less that he’s a Latino who gets it.

I want a US citizen who is over the age of 35 who speaks English as a first language and actually loves this country, and keeps second languages to themselves instead of using them to get votes.

Neither my parents nor grandparents expected candidates who spoke Danish or cared specifically about those who did.

• canadacan says:

Point taken.

• michellc says:

I couldn’t agree more. In reality it annoys me when I hear a candidate for any federal or state office speaking in Spanish to reach out to voters. We’re in the United States where our language is English and anyone who doesn’t learn our language needs to go back to where they came from.

I know some Cherokee and have a Cherokee heritage but I don’t want someone running for office speaking to Cherokees in Cherokee and I could give a flip about this was their country and their language, now we have one language. I’ve known a few older people when I was younger who refused to learn English or at least pretended they didn’t know English and I always thought they were annoying and ignorant to separate themselves that way. I’m fine with them holding onto their heritage and speaking Cherokee and honestly believe they should but I’m not fine with them thinking others should learn Cherokee in order to communicate with them.

• auscitizenmom says:

“Pantiesinawaditis” LOL

• jakaodm says:

viva usurpers!

17. 2x4x8 says:

one of the issues in this Republican Presidential primary field, is losing their Senate seats

Florida Marco Rubio:

where Debbie Wasserman Schultz is hoping to fill that slot

Kentucky Rand Paul is trying to change the Republican State primary to a Caucus to get around the law of not having his name on the ballot twice in order to run

the field is crowded and they are not likely to win, basis the polls so far, forget the kiddies at CPAC, if they want to beat the drums for future consideration or VP slot, that is fine, but protect the Senate seat at all cost

18. pspsst says:

natural birth vs natural born vs native born

THREE VERY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

Born in an elevator on any continent vs Ted Cruz vs Anchor babies

• jetstream says:

Exactly. Ted Cruz has been a fine citizen and Senator, but he is not eligible to be President of the United States. If he announces his candidacy, he will have wiped his feet on the US Constitution.

• jakaodm says:

exactly and displays disregard for our natural born citizens’ birth right. If you have to denounce a forgeign citizenship, then you were never an NBC.

• yankeeintx says:

You’re wrong. My daughter was born in Europe, and is a natural born citizen. Germany also gave her citizenship, which she can renounce if she’d like, but it doesn’t affect her US citizenship. She never had to be “naturalized”.

• canadacan says:

Yup

• jetstream says:

A person can be a “citizen”, a “naturalized citizen”, a “native born citizen”, or a “natural born citizen” of the United States of America.

You are correct in that your daughter is not a “naturalized citizen”. She did not have to be naturalized because she became a “citizen” at birth automatically, due to her parents (or at least one parent) being American citizens (of any kind).

The location of your daughter’s birth was not pertinent to mere citizenship. She automatically became a “citizen” wherever she would have been born.

However, the location of birth on US soil IS pertinent and is one requirement to being considered a “natural born citizen”. Having BOTH parents be US “citizens” is the other requirement of being a “natural born citizen”.

You are also correct in that your daughter’s US citizenship is not affected by Germany’s designation of her having German citizenship (by virtue of her birth on German soil). She would lose her US citizenship, though, if she ever renounced her US citizenship OR if she took an oath of German citizenship (or a declaration of German citizenship in the presence of an embassy official, if I remember correctly).

• Les says:

I see the categories as: Natural-born citizen, Birthright citizen (anchor baby), or Naturalized citizen. I think you have a few extras…

• pspsst says:

Ted was born 1970 and moved to Texas with his family in 1974. He was 4 years old not even in Canadian school yet. His mother is not Canadian. His father is not Canadian. Ted is not natural born Canadian but he is native born in Canada. Where you are born does not confer natural born citizenship to you, only native born citizenship. So if you were born in Germany but one of your parents is American at age of consent at birth, then you are a citizen of Germany by birth but they would not consider you a natural born German. There is nothing about you that would make you a natural born German. But – you are indeed a NATIVE BORN German citizen. Big difference.

Again, Ted is not natural born Canadian. He is native born citizen of Canada now denounced. He is however natural born American by virtue of mother who was at and beyond age of maturity when Ted was born. His father resides and is a naturalized US citizen.

• Aslan's Girl says:

The Dems got illegal Obama in, they owe us one (that is if it’s even proved that Cruz is not an NBC which is hasn’t to my satisfaction).

• kinthenorthwest says:

It Already All Over FB about Cruz being Canadian Born.
        For all the many Birthers out there, it will be interesting to see if they are hypocrites.

• pspsst says:

CORRECTION! Based on US Constitution which is an extension of British Common Law by default regarding natural born and not Swiss Law. One of the Founding Fathers returned to England to have two children prior to the formulation of the US Constitution and so would NOT have written the law to omit them natural born status. It was assumed in the minds of the Founding Fathers that their interpretation of natural born as defined was contiguous with British Common Law.

natural birth vs natural born vs native born

THREE VERY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

No hospital vs Born to One American Citizen of Age of Consent vs Born on U.S. soil but not to two American citizens

Born in an elevator on any continent vs Ted Cruz vs Anchor babies

19. pspsst says:

I don’t want to get into a prolonged argument too. Just remember that in order to pass Barack Obama off as natural born, the liberal establishment in 2008 attempted and successfully equated in the minds of the public “native born to natural born” suggesting that the two concepts are one and the same……….to which the conservative voters who were against Obama fell easy prey.

If native born were the equivalent of natural born then all anchor babies or babies with one parent of international student visa or temporary visitors become eligible for the Oval Office. INCORRECT.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Also remember that Obama and his lawyers spend Hundreds of Millions of Dollars to prove that Obama was born in Hawaii. If that did not matter as some are saying about Cruz then why spend all that time and money????(It probably was the taxpayer’s money any way).

20. yankeeintx says:

I’m so glad to see many positive statements and encouragement for Ted. I will go all in for Ted!

21. Aslan's Girl says:

YES!! He has my vote! Cruz/Walker or Walker/Cruz is my Dream Team. Perry is still in the mix for me as well, bu only if he is as staunch as he was in ’12.

22. pspsst says:

CORRECTION:

The generally accepted definition by legal scholars is that “natural born-citizen” means a citizen with citizenship by birth. This includes being born within the US or being born by US citizen parents. There are some rules in the US constitution if only one of the parents are US citizens and the birth is overseas, but much less so if both are US citizens.

If only one of the parents is a US citizen, then she has to have lived in the US for a minimum of 4 years after her 14th birthday. In other words, she has to have given birth to the child at age of consent and maturity. Ted Cruz’s mother was American born in Delaware to a family of Irish and Italian descent in 1943. She was 27 years old when Ted was born in 1970. His father, the elder Cruz was in the US legally from Cuba studying at a 4 year mathematics program in Austin, which he completed fully.

Obama Sr never completed his studies before he was exiled back to Kenya. Not the case with the elder Cruz. He never received landed immigrant status as a consequence and he never naturalized to become a US citizen. Strike 1.

Ann Dunham was under the age of consent and maturity when she had Barack Obama Jr, so she was never able to pass US natural born status to him.

It’s still highly questionable if Obama Jr was born in the US because his paper was fraudulent and had umpteen PDF layers, however, birth du sol is not the determining factor for NBC. The above described in the first two sentences is. This is in the Constitution.

The Constitution was also based on British Law not Swiss Law, without differentiation with respect to natural born status. I believe one of the Founding Fathers travelled back to England and had two of his children born in England prior to writing the Constitution and he would not have left his own out as natural born citizens.

• kinthenorthwest says:

\Obama’s mother was over 18 at the time of Obama’s birth. That means that she lived in the states for 4 years prior to his birth…In fact A
      Cruz’s father was not an American, just like Obama’s father. Ann Dunham’s family had been in the US for several generations, with both his grandfather and Uncle being WWII vets.
      All I am saying is you can’t have it both ways…If you were one of the ones say that Obama was/is ineligible if he was born in Kenya, then Cruz is ineligible since he was born in Canada.

23. georgiagirl says:

Wish someone would explain why Ted Cruz is eligible after reading federalist #68. I can’t read it and think that our founders would have wanted a son of a foreigner, born and with citizenship in a third country to be eligible. How would his supporters feel if a leftist judge declares him ineligible on Nov 1, 2016? Here is the passage from #68 I’m referring to. Please pay attention to last sentence. “These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one querter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils. How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union? But the convention have guarded against all danger of this sort, with the most provident and judicious attention. “

24. Sharon says:

His first ad is in Spanish.

In other news, the brunch-busters in Minneapolis got their signs handed to them by restaurant customers who were paying for their meals with their own money.

#I’vehadit

• kinthenorthwest says:

Why Spanish…Sorry but with all the mess on Amnesty why is he looking at the Hispanic population that can’t speak English. Its my feeling that usually those of voting age that don’t understand English are Illegals…
      This seems to tell me that Cruz is for Amnesty and is looking for Illegals to vote him in.

• WeeWeed says:

Well – remember, he represents Texas. I don’t know our demographics anymore, but everything down here is in both languages because much of our populace is of Hispanic origin. All of my Tejano workmates voted for him – he is much loved down here and to me it is simply good pr to run ads in both English and Spanish.

• yankeeintx says:

This is the first one that I saw. It looks like the Spanish one has some of the same footage, but shorter.

• Sharon says:

I don’t speak or understand Spanish so the content means nothing. Sounds like a foreign language to me.

Oh. Wait.

It is.

ADD: This one begins in English, I realize. Perhaps it continues in English. I wouldn’t know.

I expect people who want to be the President of the United States to speak English in public communication. I guess that is no longer normal. I wouldn’t tolerate it from Jebbie either.

And yes – I have an attitude about it. I’ve had it up to here with unAmerican attributes in POTUS. I will speak no more of it, very likely to everyone’s relief.

• tessa50 says:

Can’t speak for any one else but I want to hear what you have to say. I don’t think any politician’s ads should be in Spanish or anything other than English.

• Sharon says:

I don’t want to be a PITA.

• stella says:

I know you didn’t ask me, but I’ll tell you what I think anyway. I far prefer that every American citizen speak English, certainly well enough to hear and understand what our politicians are telling them.

On the other hand, I have known persons who are American citizens, but are not really very proficient in English. They do well enough to get by, but are more comfortable with the language of their birth, which they speak in their homes. I am not talking about Spanish in this case, but there are many Spanish speaking citizens who fit into this category, I am sure. I think that our conservative politicians should try to reach every single person who might vote for them, and in their native language, if that is what it takes. I want a conservative President next time, and if it takes Spanish speaking citizens to get him there, then so be it.

• tessa50 says:

Hi Stella. I agree that some are more comfortable with other languages but, this is America and we speak English. I have a very good friend who is a citizen but comes from Taiwan. She is most comfortable speaking Chinese but understands English fine. She learned.

That to me is the problem. We seem to have many here that won’t learn. We are expected to learn Spanish and sometimes if you are not bilingual you will not even be considered for a job. I see that a lot here. That sort of ties into where I am trying to go with this. Too many illegals here, too many who won’t learn our language and too many politicians who cater to their vote thinking they need it.

I want a conservative in office, but I hold no illusions about any of them. I have liked Cruz so far but I did not like this.

• stella says:

I think most candidates do Spanish-language ads. Both Obama and Romney did in the 2012 election.

P.S.: If Cruz runs against Hillary, let’s say, don’t think for a minute that Hillary wouldn’t use Spanish-language ads to trash Cruz.

• tessa50 says:

I guess I feel that if the illegals were gone there would be no need for that. Perhaps I am wrong. Yes, I am sure Hillary would.

• tessa50 says:

And I just think it sends a loud and clear message right off the bat that he will be going after their vote and if so, how will he deport the illegals afterwards without angering his Hispanic base? Is he really planning to? He better be real clear on that issue.

• pspsst says:

I agree, Stella. A white male with nothing else that speaks to the stratified audiences created by Barack is going to have a difficult time. It doesn’t mean 100% recapitulation but many Latinos are conservatives too. We also have to not brand Cruz as Tea Party. Let’s not put him in any kind of label except a Conservative by his principles and actions.