Sunday Open Thread – March 15th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

141 Responses to Sunday Open Thread – March 15th

1. Moishe Pipik says:

Excellent editorial in the St.L. Star Tribune: “Darren Wilson, the false face of racism in America”

The author D.J. TICE, spells out what an evil, amoral, disgusting man our President is, by continuing to spread the slander and false narrative that even Eric Holder has finally abandoned.

The next day, March 6, President Obama weighed in. At a town-hall forum, he held forth on DOJ’s finding in the Wilson case.

“The finding that was made,” Obama said, “was that it was not unreasonable to determine that there was not sufficient evidence to charge Officer Wilson.” He added: “We may never know exactly what happened. But Officer Wilson, like anybody else who is charged with a crime, benefits from due process and a reasonable-doubt standard. And if there is uncertainty about what happened, then you can’t just charge them anyway just because what happened was tragic.”

This lawyerly obfuscation, still implying wrongdoing, simply misrepresents the DOJ report, which found little uncertainty and “no credible evidence” to contradict Wilson’s self-defense claim.

• Moishe Pipik says:

The left hates Darren Wilson because he is a white male. And, to the left, “white males” are inherently evil, unless they can find some qualifier (homeless, Moslim, “disabled”, some fraction Native American, “poor”, gay, recovered drug addict, etc.).

• hoosiergranny says:

hoosierPapa has been saying this for more than 20 years. As he’s prone to say, only a white male over the age of 45 is a demographic that you can truly discriminate against.

• Elvis Chupacabra says:

Wilson needs to hire another white guy, like Dick DeGuerin or Joe Jamail, and start suing the pants off the BGI, Prezz-Ø-Bamma, the NBPP, et al.

2. Elspeth says:

The endgame of Sanford, Ferguson, etc:

Birmingham Alabama Becomes 1 Of 6 Democrat Controlled Cities As Pilot Site For Federal Policing

• czarowniczy says:

The NOLA mayor’s probably mulling that one over but then he’d have to take complete control of the PD away from the city’s power brokers and hand it over to Obamanauts. A certain segment of the city would like that but the old OLD money that still has so much to say about what goes on wouldn’t like Yankee carpetbaggers taking their control away.

• Plain Jane says:

Gary, Indiana isn’t good, but it isn’t near what Ferguson’s become. This is so flaming contrived for indoctrinating people into thinking police state=good. The idiots will go along with it. Of course the citizens have no vote in this. Outrageous.

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

• Col.(R) Ken says:

The girly man mayor of Pittsburgh signed on without blinking. Thank goodness I don’t live in that city. Demorats at their finest, jingle some money in front of them, and they wet their pants!

3. F.D.R. in Hell says:

4. Stormy says:

Top Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett reported to have leaked Hillary Clinton email scandal to press just as she was to announce her candidacy for president (and more leaks are planned)

The New York Post claims that Jarrett was angry that the Clintons had been working to ‘marginalize’ President Obama
    Jarrett reportedly blamed the Clintons for the fact that members of the party refused to campaign with Obama during the midterm elections

+President Obama reportedly told Clinton in a meeting with Jarrett and the First Lady that he would not support her in the presidential primary

Ruh Roh…

per Daily Mail

5. canadacan says:

Honor among thieves let them destroy each other

6. rashomon says:

When people we have elected are spending more time manipulating on behalf of their positions instead of doing the people’s business, we are in deep trouble. Can them all. And let them know why. Term limits.

7. zephyrbreeze says:

Someone needs to find the cure for the common cold. Common cold cure, not common core.

8. rashomon says:

Why are we getting our breaking news from sources such as The Daily Mail? The RT? what’s going on with our U.S.-based media?

9. MaryfromMarin says:

Another one bites the dust?

US Embassy in Saudi Arabia halts operations amid heightened Islamic terror concerns

10. TexasRanger says:

Confession:

I went into the confessional booth after years of being away from the Church.

Inside I found a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap.

On one wall, there’s a row of decanters with fine Irish whiskey and Waterford crystal glasses.

On the other wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

Then the priest comes in.

I say to him, “Father, forgive me, for it’s been a very long time since I’ve been to confession, but I must first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be.”

He replies: “Get out, you moron, you’re on my side.”

11. WeeWeed says:

photo 62909033-090d-4216-a145-ae11a75c1173.jpg

Mornin’ infidels!

12. thesouthwasrght says:

So last night I am watching Shark Tank via dvr and while I usually skip the ads I dropped the ball for a bit and I see this trailer for a new sit Com on abc where the cast is an Asian family of one stripe or another. We’ll the wife is gleefully telling her hubby that she was going to get her nails done by a white woman and they would know they had found success when that happened.

Wow.

• stella says:

Must be Vietnamese.

• zephyrbreeze says:

Our Vietnamese neighbors in San Jose had an amazing story. It was a dad in his late 40’s raising 4 teenagers, all of whom were very friendly, warm and very bright earning top grades and scholarships. He operated a tailoring shop, and had just opened another.

He had been a high ranking officer in the Vietnamese military. When American troops left, he and his wife knew they had to leave with their 5 children. The problem was that one of the children was a handicapped toddler, very loud and not easy to control. So they decided he would take the 4 other children, and she would try and escape a different way with the boy. He left first and made it out successfully. But she was arrested, and she and her young son were thrown in a work camp for 10 or 20 years.

Finally she was given permission to leave the country with her son, and we were there to see the reunion. It was astonishing. What a great family!

• nimrodman says:

No surprise, just more of the ongoing denigration of whites.

Have you seen the new “Captain Obvious” commercial (hotels dot com maybe?) where the dorky fat white guy locks himself out of his hotel room in his jockey shorts? (not even boxers, of course)

Gets berated by Captain Obvious in the hallway, then his co-workers stumble on the scene and he embarassedly retreats, prancing down the hall in fast-walking baby steps that – I hate to say it and no offense intended – are gay gay gay. (I’m talking about the degree of caricature – if you think you want to take offense, watch it and then you tell me).

Behold the white American male. Fat, clumsy, pasty, ineffectual, feminized, and wholly neutered.

Thanks, Madison Avenue.

• Lou says:

lol, I see this commercial as an instant classic. I know what you mean of how they portray white guys as dorks though.
        without posting the video, this is the description
        Hotels.com – The One With The Guy Locked Out In His Underwear

13. texan59 says:

Coffee up y’all.

14. texan59 says:

Our dear friend Clarice takes a swat at Hillary this morning. Take a minute and enjoy with your coffee. 🙂

15. Elvis Chupacabra says:

Oh, look!!! Somebody mocked hyper-hypocrite Liam Neeson and his violent movie/anti-gun stance!!! Wait till you see what they did!

I’d love to have one for my study!

16. Elvis Chupacabra says:

Our obligatory reading about legally-armed Americans defending their lives, homes and property against thugs, criminals and potential rapists!!

Cop’s wife defends home and daughter while husband was at work: “I knew the cops would get there quickly, but maybe not get there quickly enough, and I wanted to be able to defend us.”

A Fayetteville, NC, home owner defends his castle:

• nyetneetot says:

Notice that both perps lived, and neither were named in the stories. Makes you go, “Hmmmmmmmmm?” she must not exhale when she pulls the triger.

17. Elvis Chupacabra says:

Another home owner, near the small town of Teague, Texas, shoots and kills one of three home invaders, Joshua Mulkey. The home owner, Doug Hurst, was shot before returning fire and killing Mulkey, but he is now in critical condition in a medically-induced coma. The other two suspects, O’Jarion McClenon and Lawson Abram, were also arrested.

The controversy grows as the dead perp’s family and friends take to the “comments” section of the news story and defend Mulkey’s actions as a “bad choice” and heap abuse upon Hurst and his family.

Wow….

• auscitizenmom says:

Okay, okay, all, I think I have found the source of the problem in this comment from under the article.

“ladiijhae” says:
      “People fail to realize that it isn’t about how a child was raised they will go their own direction… Us as adults and parents know that… No matter the situation its still very heart aching that a life was taken a very young boy and two other young athletes lifes are changed by a careless decision not based off how they were raised but because they were young and not thinking of coincequenses… We all are guilty of making bad decisions just didn’t or haven’t ended in death or possibly know someone who has done something careless and didn’t end as bad as this situation…I’m sorry its my opinion but for everyone whom thinks this young mam deserved to lose his life for a bad decision in attempted robbery y’all are sick in the head and I pray mercy over u all”

SMH No wonder the yutes are running amok. Their so-called parents who don’t actually exist anyway because they are checked out, don’t believe they have anything to do with how the monsters turn out. Robbing a house with a gun and the owner present is considered a “bad decision” and just being “careless”.

18. cajunkelly says:

g’mornin’ folks! A rare morning here….everyone but me is sleeping in!

Even our new baby Cooper. (this is a pic of him after he got boiled chicken for dinner a couple nights ago) It’s a dog’s life, I’m tellin’ ya.

• rashomon says:

Oh, Cooper. you are such a fortunate pup. My gang had several of those red monsters, too.

For some, there is nothing like a dame. For most, there is nothing like a dog, a cat, a bird, a fish, a turtle…whatever makes your heart beat a little faster when you wake. Life is much better shared.

• allhail2 says:

Know what ya mean. Got a half Belgian, half German Shepherd next to the bed every morning. As soon as he hears me rustle a little, he gets up and sticks that big ol wet nose right over the top of the bed. “Mornin’ buddy”

• rashomon says:

I just met my neighbor’s new addition, a yellow Lab pup, who is going to be her “wake-up” buddy, but my gardening pal as well. Love can be shared. Just like the kids who use my sidewalk for their artwork with our blessing (provide the chalk). What a great way to greet the day.

• cajunkelly says:

(chuckle) yeah that red monster caused me a problem the other night. finally got Cooper to go to sleep, went to sneak away and go to bed and stepped on the monster under one of is blankets. Cooper shot out of his crate like a rocket! PLAYTIME! (at 11 PM) 😛

• auscitizenmom says:

Snicker. 🙂

• rashomon says:

Is that the one with the squeaker in it’s tummy? Nothing against cute toys, but stepping on them in the middle of the night can make one give up ten years.Between all the kids’ and all the pets’ stash, we shouda been dead fifty years ago.

• cajunkelly says:

Yep, that’s the one…it’s a monkey, and of course it’s Cooper’s favorite because it’s easy to squeak and it’s loud. 🙄

• auscitizenmom says:

As my Tennessee cousins would say, “Gawd love it.” Said with a drawl and sing song.

• cajunkelly says:

Yeah, he’s got it rough. 😛 We got an eight panel play pen that attaches to the front corners of his crate and the crate door stays open, so he can come and go as he pleases. That pen is 6′ across and is smack dab in the middle of the great room.
        I try to gather up all the toys and “neaten” things up in there and he scatters them quicker than I can pile them up.
        Rotten dog already, at 11 weeks old. ❤ He’s got this 60 year old granny playing hide and seek/chase through the house this morning. 😛

• Les says:

Your pup is going to be a big boy if he grows into those ears.

No matter what you feed puppies, they all have the same puppy breath. I wouldn’t buy a puppy-breath scented candle, but I secretly don’t hate that smell.

• cajunkelly says:

LOL, all doxies (purebred) come with those floppy ears. 😛 You should see them flop as he runs through the house. FTR his mom weighs 8 lbs and his dad weighs 9 lbs.
            And I prefer that puppy breath over the scent they bring you if they find something outside they just must roll in to please you. 🙄 Usually right after a bath.

• Steele81 says:

Somehow instead of one giant schnauzer puppy we got two. Pancho and Lefty. My house will never be clean again. They are both asleep in our bed right now.

19. rashomon says:

Whatever happened to sunsetting laws? How many do we have on the books that are useless but still garnering dollars and paper pushers? The next time a candidate for office asks for my vote, I’m going to ask how many laws (s)he is going to deep-six. Egads, we could save millions of trees if we just went back to the Ten Commandments. They work for me.

• texan59 says:

For one, we know that the Logan Act is still on the books and IIRC, it was written somewhere around 1798. used once, sort of, then just left there to wither and hang over folks heads.

• rashomon says:

Yes, and I saw that discussed on some addled-brained, bobbling-heads politico show a few minutes ago. Tweeting is now an actionable what? Cotton is not dumb.

You and your fellows on this site are worth a million times the bench-sitting time in most university programs. I watched “The Paper Chase” the other night — a favorite amongst my lawyer-heavy ken — and wonder how true debate has been diminish by our sound-bite educational system, whether it be for pre-K or adult absorption. Brain-dead. Just “repeat after me” drones voting for whatever — as long as it MIGHT benefit me short-term.

20. Moishe Pipik says:

My first thought when I read the caption “one of 8 candidates running for three seats” is that she needs three seats because she can’t fit her rear into just one.

Then, I noticed her allegiance to “red”. It seems that you must be showing the proper shade of gang-red to be on team Michael Brown.

21. chick20112011 says:

BREAKING KMOV reporting two suspects in custody for OFFICER SHOOTING, presser at 1:30

22. michellc says:

If these had been my kids I’m not so sure I could have controlled myself and not taken justice into my own hands.

• auscitizenmom says:

That was disgusting. Barbaric animals.

• michellc says:

She and her friends should all be locked up and have the key thrown away.

• auscitizenmom says:

They certainly shouldn’t be allowed to run free and breed.

• michellc says:

As I get older I learn to control my anger better but that one had me seriously wanting to jump through the monitor and give her back some of what she was giving when she attacked that little boy. My blood pressure was rising watching her beat the girl but when she went after the little boy it went through the roof.
            The white girl was just lucky that all the feral animals did was video and laugh, usually they all pile on.

• Sha says:

Bullies like that try to make a name for there selves by picking on the weak, I have been jumped on a few times because i was the smallest in my group(did I mention I was the meanest) That poor little girl will keep getting jumped on until she tries to fight back or stays away from that area. As a grandma I can tell you If that were my babys there would be heck to pay. My son and daughter n law said they didn’t want my baby shes 3 (to tiny right now)to fight are learn how to, I said too bad because she needs to know how to protect her self. They can put her in classes or I will teach her but she want be helpless and this is a prime example of why . Her father took karate classes at 7 because he was so sweet and shy. These days you have to teach your children how to protect themselves.

• michellc says:

We always taught our kids to stand up to bullies, most bullies will run with their tails tucked between their legs when they are stood up to.
        Our kids were never bullied.
        However, when it comes to these black thugs, they are an entirely different breed, they usually run in large groups.

• Sha says:

Everyone is going to have to teach there children when you see groups of teens to keep your guard up and stay away from them or you will be in danger. Its a shame a child can’t even go to the play ground any more with out someone trying to jump on them or kidnap them. 😦

• michellc says:

Do we have anyone who can clean up the sound? I’m reading other sites that are saying when the girl is on the ground yelling,”what did I do?” That someone in the crowd yells, “you white, b…h!”
      I tried to view it again, but I can’t do it.

• nimrodman says:

Civilization – it’s not for everyone!

23. Murse says:

NBC News Lisa Meyers upon retirement says journalism is dead. Why did she wait so long to admit that the MSM is the propaganda arm of the Democratic party. Nonetheless, her outing can only help spread the word.

24. Lucille says:

ALERT! Serious intercessory prayer requested! Breaks my heart.

“Shocker: Andrew Tahmooressi Back In Jail”
    He spent most of 2014 in a Mexican prison and was recently locked up in Georgia.
    B. Christopher Agee — March 13, 2015

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/shocker-andrew-tahmooressi-back-jail/#icDRARKhVkTbv8M4.99

Oh, Lord, please bring this young man the healing he needs!

25. lilbirdee'12 says:

Our Heavenly Father, Your children come to you tonight to ask for healing and peace throughout our country so that we may return to being One Nation Under God. Guide us to be leaders in Your Kingdom, spreading Your love and salvation to all. Bless our representatives with the strength and wisdom they need to achieve the path You have chosen for us.

In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

26. texan59 says:

Apparently dear leader has taken the mask off and is letting his contempt for people shine for all the world to see. Even some of his boot-lickin’ water-carriers are beginning to take notice. Petulant POS.

27. Lucille says:

If you oppose the nomination and confirmation of Loretta Lynch as Attorney General, here is a petition which you may sign. LifeNews sent me a notice about it.