Media Matters Puts Entire Staff On Mission To “Bring Down Bill O’Reilly”….

Media Matters employs 45 paid researchers who have a very specific goal. They advocate for far-left agendas’, create the scripted talking points for CNN, MSNBC and the alphabets, and they are mission destined to destroy Fox News.

media matters room

Regarding their mission to “destroy Fox News”, they have now put their best men, top men, ALL MEN, every-single-researcher in the entire organization, on a single mission to eliminate FOX’s Bill O’Reilly.

As highlighted by politico:

David Brock has spent more than a decade trying to bring down Bill O’Reilly.

When Brock launched Media Matters For America in 2004, the liberal watchdog gave O’Reilly its “Misinformer of the Year” award. Six years later, it made Fox News its chief preoccupation, launching what Brock described as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” against the network.

So it should surprise no one that, in the wake of revelations about O’Reilly’s dubious Falklands war claims, Media Matters is on an all-out offensive.

bill-oreilly ego“It’s all hands on deck,” Brock told the On Media blog on Thursday. “This is a moving target. We’re not done.”

Media Matters, which is based in Washington, employs roughly 45 researchers. According to Bradley Beychok, the group’s president, all of these researchers have been tasked with helping the effort to expose past instances in which O’Reilly lied about his personal experiences. Beychok runs the day-to-day operations, but Brock said he checks in “multiple times a day” to weigh in and give advice.

“We start our day at 5 a.m. and go ’til midnight,” Beychok said. “This guy has had a long journalism career, so there’s a lot of material. Once we’ve gone through all that material, we’ll decide how to proceed. But we don’t plan to back up one inch at this moment.”

[…] Brock and Beychok acknowledge that the accusations have yet to do any real damage to O’Reilly — his ratings are up significantly this week — but they see this as early days. (read more)

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, Cultural Marxism, media bias, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to Media Matters Puts Entire Staff On Mission To “Bring Down Bill O’Reilly”….

1. stella says:

I’m not an O’Reilly fan, but these people are nuts. Doesn’t Soros fund them?

• stella says:

financier George Soros—a founding and continuing member of the Alliance—announced in 2010 that he was donating $1 million to MMfA. Soros said: “Despite repeated assertions to the contrary by various Fox News commentators, I have not to date been a funder of Media Matters.” Soros said his concern over “recent evidence suggesting that the incendiary rhetoric of Fox News hosts may incite violence” had moved him to donate to MMfA, which thanked Soros for announcing his donation “quickly and transparently”.

Also funded by moveon.org

• sundance says:

stella, you said exactly what I was thinking. “I’m no fan of BOR, but these people are nuts.”

You got that right. Those people are bonzo, rabid nutters….

• doodahdaze says:

They are the roots. Starting 15 years ago, The roots of the lies the MSM spins as source material. It gives them the out under the laws to out out the lies as sourced news. I always talk about Sullivan v NYT. This is the media answer to the internet and they have made good use of it. MM was started with a mission.

• Col.(R) Ken says:

As you have stated, Not a fan of BOR or his style of news show, with that said, this will have, I believe a reverse effect. BOR under attack! This will rally the BOR troops behind him, and Fox News.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, I don’t like O’Reilly… mainly because of his personality. But what is UP with this?! I mean, I can understand people wanting to counter him, to respond to whatever he might be saying at any given time. But to “bring him down”, to literally put him out of business? I just do. not. understand. Any GOOD journalist or news organization would WANT opposing views.

Whatever happened to the “marketplace of ideas”?

• AghastInFL says:

they acquiesced to era of Obama: “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” et al

• WeeWeed says:

Exactly. They are clearing the path for their lying/thieving Hildebeest to run unimpeded with her propaganda, etc. in 2016. Their aim is “no dissenting voices.” Period.

• jello333 says:

So…. I guess we’re out of luck hoping for an Edward R. Murrow (or even Bill Buckley) to come along?

• WeeWeed says:

“Never, never, never give up!” ~ Winston Churchill 😀

• stella says:

Bill Buckley? I swan, jello, you get more conservative by the day!

• Isn’t this criminal? I mean they have stated they are looking to “bring him down”. Through what means? Whatever they can find whether it is the truth or not? It would seem if they have to make something up, it is not above them to do such as that. Isn’t the very article announcing their plans slanderous?

I’ve noticed that BOR’s shows…..He is suffering from the attacks. He is getting more obnoxious to his guests, refusing to allow them to answer his questions and talking over them. His ratings might be up at the moment but I don’t believe that will last if this continues. His stress is beginning to show.

Am I being naïve or is it okay to announce publicly that you have 49 people working on finding slanderous information? Sounds like threats to me.

• justfactsplz says:

Hanging around the tree has been good for our Jello. I imagine a lot of liberals who have read here over the years have been enlightened.

• jello333 says:

I didn’t like a lot of his views, but for some reason I found myself admiring the man. Lots of people considered him a mean, nasty guy, but for some reason I found him likable. 😉 Oh, and I REALLY decided he was (at heart) a good guy when he went on the attack over legalizing medical marijuana.. right after his friend DIED because he was thrown in jail for trying to use medical marijuana to help stay alive 😦

• stella says:

Bill O’Reilly, or Bill Buckley? I assume you mean O’Reilly. I really liked Buckley.

• jello333 says:

No, I’m talking about Buckley. I couldn’t help but like him as a person. (O’Reilly on the other hand!) And when Buckley’s friend Peter McWilliams died (partly because of marijuana laws), Bill literally called it murder. Even if I didn’t like him before, that would have done it.

• doodahdaze says:

You have said the magic word…Market Place. Right on Jell. It is marketing. Like selling the Sham Wow. The DNC has a complete sales team that can be seen every day on tv. Each and every one labled as “consultant, “advisor”, or some other term. It is commercials between commercials on the newz now. That is why I call it the newz.

• JudgyOnAWebsite says:

It’s the entire endgame the Left is aiming for…..to SHUT UP anyone who doesn’t agree w/ them. “Liberal”, my Aunt Fanny!

• JudgyOnAWebsite says:

They THINK he’s Conservative, & that’s all that matters. Plus, he goes after their favorite pets, criminally-minded blacks and Muslims.

• seeingeye2 says:

I’m beginning to think the ferociousness of this attack may indicate the amount of fear progressives have of BOR and Fox News.

• Poster says:

You are correct. Liberals are simply marinated in fear sauce, and it is because they know, deep down, that their worldview is not consistent. All they are is a bunch of divergent whims held together by fear, and that motivates them to lash out, in hate, at anyone who threatens their empire of glass. Spiritually, they are simply invertebrates in the hands of demons.

• justfactsplz says:

I used to not be able to stand Bill. I thought he was a smart elec. Recently he has grown on me due to his belief in Jesus. That side of him softens him somewhat so that I can now watch his show and some of his stuff is good. Fox News doesn’t deserve this.

You can always tell who liberals fear most. That’s who they seek to destroy the most.

2. texan59 says:

I don’t much care for the 8 PM’er, but I don’t think he will back down from these pinheads who do nothing but bloviate every day. 🙄

3. smarty says:

Why are they so consumed with destroying O’Reilly? It isn’t like he is conservative? He talks out of both sides of his mouth and most people I know can’t stand him! That said the left sure is creepy.

4. Lucille says:

I, too, seldom watch O’Reilly,..perhaps a segment here and there, but certainly never for the whole hour. What’s interesting here is that he is a classic liberal, and open-minded to the point of annoyance…much more than his lefty critics who are as indoctrinated as their cousins (or maybe comrades) who follow communism.

All this is a lesson to conservatives. NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES lie or exaggerate your exploits. Keep a check on your lip at all times so as to not give the enemy leftys one whit of ammunition. True, they will make it up if they have to. But if you have truth on your side, you can make them eat crow.

And, yes, Stella, this has the hand of Soros all over it.

5. Dean says:

Sorry folks but if O’Reilly claimed that he was outside the door of the house when George de Mohrenschildt committed suicide in 1977 (and he clearly wasn’t)—then O’Reilly deserves to be called on the carpet like anyone else.

• stella says:

That’s an interesting comment. You know this how?

• Dean says:

The man died in Florida–two of O’Reilly’s news colleague at the time say he was in Dallas on that day. And Gaeton Fonzi’s widow (Fonzi was the House committee’s investigator assigned to the de Mohrenschildt angle) says that O’Reilly was nowhere near the house at the time.

• Lucille says:

Excuse my ignorance, but who is George de Mohrenschildt. And he committed suicide in 1977 where people were hanging around his door waiting for him to emerge?

Also, please do NOT link anything from Media Matters as they love the traffic. Don’t give them what they crave.

• wws says:

You seriously think you can find 10 people who going to care about something that may or may not have happened 38 years ago that no one has ever heard about? Come on.

At best, it’s a he-said, she-said story that’s so far back no one really remembers what happened. I can’t tell you who I was talking to on a daily basis in 1977, can you?

Point is, it doesn’t matter what he said about that. It’s a completely trivial piece of nonsense that cannot be proved and that no one nowhere is going to care about, except for the people who hate BOR, and they already hate him, so who cares what they think or say?

6. john vi says:

if they are such good researchers, maybe they ought to research the “streisand effect”

i would laugh my butt off if these guys ended up showing fox news as having the greatest integrity of the lot.

7. zephyrbreeze says:

But no interest in Obama’s fake girlfriends. he probably had blow up dolls.

8. zephyrbreeze says:

OReilly’s a big boy. He can either take it or he can’t. Williams just suicide-bombed his own career, and the boys have their panties in a wad and need revenge.

9. doodahdaze says:

Look to the government grants for studies that the media always spouts. They get grants, make hoax studies and reports, MM reports the study and then the MSM uses MM as the source. It is a communications circle. These are highly trained communications experts.

10. joanfoster says:

I have never been satisfied with the outcome of the allegation of sexual harassment leveled at BOR. It seems he denied the allegations, but could not produce enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his producer was making false allegations. Fox paid her a huge settlement which never looks good. That said, he has tried to kiss both Obama cheeks every which way he could for six years in the hopes of getting a presidential interview. This tells me all I have ever needed to know about him. If he is a liar, I say get him off the the network and bring back some respect to Fox for a show of integrity. If he is innocent of these allegations of lying and embellishing the truth, I hope he fights it tooth and nail and prevails. It’s about the truth, not the cult of personality.

• JudgyOnAWebsite says:

I plum forgot about that! I dunno–if he did do that, he would have to be SUPER slick! You can usually detect at least SOME degree of flirtatiousness in the eyes of perpetual harassers, even on-camera. That, or else kind of a chauvinistic/ demeaning bent. To me, he seems like he’s just Equal Opportunity Obnoxious (but then again, I can’t decide what to believe about Cosby either).

Still prefer him over the MSNBC/ CNN types though…….either way. He’s funny cuz he KNOWS he’s incredibly egoistic. Obama doesn’t–he just thinks he’s GREAT, and gets furious that we’re all too blind to see it. Many other progs are the same.

• wws says:

You’ve got the legal standard of proof backwards. It is always the burden of the accuser to prove that the incidents happened as claimed; our system always gives the accused the benefit of the doubt. Also, it is logically impossible to “prove” a negative; for instance, you can’t prove that you didn’t have a secret meeting with space aliens last week. If you say that no one saw that happen, the accuser can just say that just proves how good the aliens cloaking technology was. You can’t prove that it didn’t happen.

So it was not on BOR to prove that the allegations were false; and negotiating the end of a legal claim with a large payout is the standard corporate move in these cases. I doubt O’Reilly chose that, and figure the accountants did, since that’s how the accountants limit cost and exposure to risk.

Now embellishing the truth? BOR has ALWAYS embellished the truth, that’s his act. If you hate him for it, then don’t watch him, but don’t act all surprised to find out that’s what his audience loves about him.

11. beaujest says:

Looks like O’s puff interviews with Obama didn’t work out !

12. hihoitsofftoworkigo says:

This is one of “the folks” that agrees: Bill’O can defend himself. Should they find/invent enough slime to damage him, Megan Kelley will simply take over and boost the ratings above where they are today.

What I’m wishing for is a real 100% conservative TV news station to be born. While Bill’O is tough to stomach, I won’t watch Combs/Magic Juan/Bechel/et al. They can take the ‘fair & balanced’ junk on down the road – throw red meat out every 24/7 and watch the ratings plunge for FoxNews (and worsen for the OMG – Obama Media Group).

• doodahdaze says:

Me too move her and Hannitty down and put Watters in Hannitys spot. i get a kick out of him.

• joanfoster says:

You left out Dan Perino from The Five. Clearly she is an off shoot of the Bush Adm. – always finding ways to appease and compromise in every situation. Since we appear to be headed into some serious constitutional crises, I would like to see Judge Andrew Napolitano take on the hard left and show them once and for all that Obama may call himself a Constitutional lawyer, but he is no friend of the Constitution. The American public needs a serious education in civics and this man could provide it without the rancor often associated with BOR.

• joanfoster says:

Correction: Meant to say Dana Perino, former WH spokesperson in the Bush Adm.

• lilbirdee'12 says:

Dana ~ “always finding ways to appease and compromise in every situation.” Yes, she is a true RINO !

• Roy says:

“I would like to see Judge Andrew Napolitano take on the hard left and show them once and for all that Obama may call himself a Constitutional lawyer, but he is no friend of the Constitution. The American public needs a serious education in civics and this man could provide it without the rancor often associated with BOR.”

That would be absolutely wonderful to watch.

13. True Colors says:

Bill O’Reilly has a gigantic pulpit(national TV) where he is free hammer people whom he disagrees with. He can criticize their actions, dig into their past, and even assassinate their character if he feels like it.

Ergo…. O’Reilly is fair game to be scrutinized himself.

As long as Media Matter is not making up lies then I have no problem whatsoever with their examination of him.

TC

• Lucille says:

Not in any way to defend O’Reilly, but just whose character has he assassinated, TC?

• True Colors says:

I was speaking mainly in hypothetical terms.

O’Reilly has made plenty of digs at people over the years. Perhaps not full blown character assassination, but he has taken his share of shots at people.

My point was, if you are a high profile member of the media then anything that you have ever reported on is open game for the highest scrutiny possible. For people of all stripes.

And if O’Reilly does come out of this situation clean, then that is fine by me. I am not an O’Reilly fan nor an O’Reilly basher. I could take him or leave him, to be honest with you. He is not a genuine conservative in my book so I do not really care what happens to him.

TC

14. Jim says:

This is good…David (The Real Anita Hill) Brock, confirmed liar, who later recanted his hit piece on Clarence Thomas, going after O’Reilly. Is this the pot calling the kettle black?

15. mimbler says:

I’m not much for psycho babble, but I think the left subconsciously knows that their current crop of crazy leaders has led them into having an untenable position, but they can’t bear to leave them. Any voice (those few conservatives on the air) that exposes how whackadoodle their positions are causes them great discomfort. Therefore they attack mercilessly to silence those voices,
    Mike

• nimrodman says:

“… can’t bear to leave them”

Yeah, I won’t be surprised if Hillary gets challenged. She’s vulnerable on this latest foreign-funding scandal, and some in the party may start to be more amenable to “bearing to leave them.”

There’ll be a clamor by the idealists, particularly the younger ones; but that’ll go up against the entrenched machine and the entrenched money. Should make for good viewing.

16. BitterC says:

LOL This could get interesting. Brian Williams falls so let’s go after a “conservative” opinionator. Could this be open season on ALL media figures? Lots more on the left! But, considering the childishness of the entire thing (conservatives didn’t bring Williams down I don’t think?) the right is not likely to devote resources to this spat.

Though I would love to see the media eat each other, I would rather see them spend this time and effort ob our politicians of both parties.

17. doodahdaze says:

Maybe he will do a real investigative report on MM. Nahhh.

18. doodahdaze says:

At any rate it will be interesting to watch him….for a change.

19. czarowniczy says:

WTF do these people think they’re doing? Do they think that if they fond evidence that O’Reilly changes underwear every other day or may have not washed his hands every time he left a lavatory that we dedicated O’Reillyites will abandon him in droves? Do they think we have the same tissue thin loyalty the left-wing/liberal/progressive fecal floaters do? I really don’t care if those who deliver truth in the press do things in private that monkeys in the wild shy at, I’m there for the product and not the delivery boy. That’s the problem with the Left – they think everyone’s as feckless,. fickle and shallow as they are. Bet they’re really easy to hunt with spotlights at night.

20. joshua says:

I hope O’Reilly treats this with laughter and a few facts, but not give it a ton of media time and attention that merely makes it into a more credible debate. He knows what he did and what he said, folks can buy his book and read the internet, or not. But allowing the Media Matters and the David Corns of the world ANY air time gives them attention.

O’Reilly needs to be smart and not pedantic or confrontational about this, altho confrontational is his preferred manner.

21. jwoop66 says:

find a way to pay me, and I’ll bring down any one on their side. The free market rules. Always. Whether you want it to or not. Just can’t launch against them as a side gig. Just a thought…

22. akathesob says:

Its all becoming a sad blur at this point…..

23. whodoneit says:

Yeah, good luck. The O’Reilly Factor has been the most watched cable news program for years. Exactly what do these airheads think they’re going to do about it? Ho hum – more nonsense.

24. whodoneit says:

Years ago when I was younger (as were we all) I considered Mr. Bill to be somewhat obnoxious, highly opinionated and extremely interruptive. Today, I consider him to be somewhat obnoxious, highly opinionated and extremely interruptive. But as I have matured, I’ve learned to appreciate him and what he stands for.

He’s a good, honest and admittedly “simple” Christian man who calls it like he sees it and doesn’t pull any punches. And his books are well researched and well written. He does fun shows around the country (previously with Glenn Beck) and now with Dennis Miller. Frankly, I don’t think this guy ever sleeps.

Sure – he can be an irritating pain in the ass sometimes. But let one among us who hasn’t been cast the first stone.

25. RoyBaty says:

I like O’Reilly especially after hearing him debate Megyn Kelly, where he is usually more conservative than her. I really hated his demonization of the Oil Companies as this was a personal vendetta (his Dad was apparently fired from an Oil Company). All in all Bill O. is a positive for America. Now that he has the Left fired up, I’ll be watching him more often.

26. shirley49 says:

Not a fan of O’Reilly but this is a way to get their golden boy Brian W. off of the news. Worked did it not? Every conservative should be talking about Brian. They always fall for this Saul Alinsky tactic.

27. amwick says:

I just wish BOR and Al would have a MMA fight. sighs That is so wrong.