Measles, Virus and Disease – President Obama’s Infectious Legacy….

[…]  In 2000, the Centers for Disease Control had thought that measles were eliminated in the US, but starting in 2008, cases began to climb. In 2014, the number of cases exploded to over 600, more than all reported cases between 2009 and 2013. The CDC also reported that cases reached a 20-year high in 2014.

The CDC determined that the number of cases grew in the US due to an influx of foreign immigrants.

There is no treatment for measles once it is contracted. Patients should stay hydrated as they ride the illness out. Authorities say the only prevention is widespread vaccination. (link)

Mickey Measels

♦ Tens of thousands of non-inoculated Mexican/South American children, and their families, have been using Obama’s open border policy to swarm into the United States.

♦ These kids/families, each with 90% no-show rates for the very first immigration hearing, then join public schools and daycare centers without consequence. After all, there is a three year backlog of cases to find.

♦ Then, not coincidentally, a big surprise – Enterovirus and Measles outbreaks occur almost immediately along a pattern of immigration flow.

♦  In 2015, there are now 98 cases reported in eight states and Mexico, including 82 in California.

measles map 2

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Dem Hypocrisy, Enterovirus (EV-D68), Illegal Aliens, Infectious Disease, media bias, Mexico, Notorious Liars, Police action, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

96 Responses to Measles, Virus and Disease – President Obama’s Infectious Legacy….

1. Pingback: Measles, Virus and Disease – President Obama’s Infectious Legacy…. | RINO Blog Watch

2. no agenda says:

Two more years… Seems so long…

3. Sharon says:

The list of his offenses against our Republic is endless.

• waltherppk says:

Isn’t there supposed to be some kind of “survival of the republic” contingency protocol that could be implemented by Congress to stop an evil clown engaged in not just dereliction of duty but subverting the laws by what are actual high crimes? Oh wait, that requires a Congress that would do what it is supposed to do ….so scratch that option.

• smiley says:

fundamental transformation = tearing USA apart, from its roots.

4. MaryfromMarin says:

This morning’s paper reported two confirmed cases of measles here in Marin.

5. Sprinkling these people all over the US and spreading the disease. They dumped off a bunch of “kids” in Vassar, MI, a good clip from where I am, but we had kids DYING from this ED68 Virus…….soft biological warfare? Why else would they be sprinkling these people all over the US?

6. waltherppk says:

The food stamp president, president ebola, the entero virus in chief, …. the list goes on

7. shirley49 says:

He was probably hoping they would be carrying a more deadly disease say like Ebola.

8. labrat says:

It’s not the immigrants it’s the anti-vaxer’s don’t you know? Only looney right wingnuts blame immigrants.

• ytz4mee says:

Uh-huh. I know when we immigrated to the US, we had to have a medical screening ($$$$) carried out by a doctor pre-approved by USCIS to do the screenings (an “empaneled” physician). The screening included a chest x-ray, mantoux TB skin test, and mandatory second series of MMR.

As new immigrants, I couldn’t enroll my children in school without proof of the screening and vaccinations.

I guess some animals really are more equal than others in the Proggie utopia.

• I don’t really want to read that article. I try not to read anything written by wonkette.

I was vaccinated for the flu this year and got the flu in spite of it, so vaccines are not a guarantee to work, and previously the CDC had declared measles eliminated so why would I vaccinate a child for a disease the US had eradicated?

It’s probably more like, since in 2000 the disease was more or less gone form the country, there must have been a new source for exposure and the cases that have happened in the meantime. Even if people didn’t get vaccinated, I don’t know how you could catch a disease like measles ex nihilo with no way of being exposed.

(Then again, never mind logic or the evidence. I’m just a wingnut, after all.)

• stella says:

Re the flu vaccine – it is only about 50% effective in any given year, because only a few flu strains are targeted. If you are vaccinated and still get the flu, it could be a strain not covered in the current flu vaccine, or you got it before full immunization was conferred (takes at least two weeks).

As for measles, measles were never completely eradicated, it is a highly contagious disease, air-borne, and it stays in the air in a particular area for hours. The reason to vaccinate are:

1. herd immunity
        2. if you do get the disease, potential side effects (deafness, blindness, death) are horrific.

• I actually had Influenza A, the strain that mutated. I’m not sure I want to get another flu shot after this last year’s one was (sort of) a total waste, but I did have a shorter, milder case of the flu (so the fact the shot might have done something to prep my immune system cannot really be ruled out). I got the flu after the vaccine was administered, because I had the vaccine early in the fall and then got sick in December.

Okay. The way the CDC made it sound was that measles had been removed as a factor of American life starting in 2000. But I accept that it wasn’t. The fact that it’s popped back out of the woodwork and is infecting people, though, well, everything sundance says in the post makes way too much sense.

• stella says:

Yes, what he says makes sense; however, if all of our kids were vaccinated, it would be more difficult to get a foothold.

• Apollo says:

There are really two elements to the present outbreak:

1) Modern American parents too stupid (or selfish) to vaccinate their kids.

2) A new source for the disease incoming.

Both were necessary for an outbreak to happen. So with a combination of very silly moms suddenly deciding that a few articles on the Internet are equivalent to a medical degree, and Obummer, here we are.

• 7delta says:

I’m not yet convinced the outbreak is due to Americans refusing vaccinations.

Diseases are hierarchical. If we eradicate one or move it down the list, another is always available to take its place. At the turn of the 20th Century, influenza was the #1 killer. When it was brought under control, cancer, heart disease, etc. moved up. We’ll never eradicate all diseases or all strains of diseases.

Vaccines are very helpful, but not foolproof. Sometimes, they don’t work, for various reasons. IMO, the best defense, in combination with reasonable vaccination, is good sanitary practices…soap and water (not a fan of those germicidal hand cleansers, except for limited use)…limiting exposure during high risk seasons or outbreaks and the common sense good health practices of sufficient hydration, sleep and nutrition to keep the immune system healthy. Even a good immune system won’t stop everything. Common colds are a good example. However, healthy immune systems do resist a lot.

I read the current measles outbreak has been traced to an Asian source. If it’s traceable, it’s got unique markers that lead back to its common origin. Does our MMR protect against it? Does it only provide partial protection? Do other factors influence susceptibility in certain people already vaccinated or were all the people who contracted it unvaccinated? Are those people American citizens or foreigners? What’s the breakdown of citizens and aliens of the people who got sick? Vaccinated v. Unvaccinated?

As long as we allow people to enter this country illegally, then stay and spread out, nothing is going to stop the spread of diseases we’ve not dealt with on a large scale in decades and decades. TB, leprosy, odd strains of bacterial and viral diseases, etc. will infect people, vaccinated or not. We don’t have immunity to something we’ve never been exposed to, nor to something different enough from our version of the disease that our vaccines don’t give complete immunity to it. All diseases aren’t equal.

• 7delta says:

I wanted to add an additional comment. News reports state that at least some of the people who got measles had been vaccinated. This just reiterates my point about how important it is to know the answers to questions about the people and circumstances involved. It’s possible these people got vaccines from lots already known to have been ineffective and for some reason didn’t get re-vaccinated or that there are additional lots that need to be scrutinized.

Most vaccines work fine, especially considering the billions of doses manufactured over decades and decades, but when we have a failure, it’s a good thing, IMO, that we find out as soon as possible, then deal with it. Around 10% of vaccinated people will lose immunity over time. In such cases, we don’t usually know until they get sick, but if we know that the current failures were unique to an individual’s immune system or medical circumstances, we also know it probably doesn’t effect others who took the vaccine from the same lot. It’s imperative we follow up on all possible scenarios. More than one can be at play in any given outbreak, including various medically legitimate reasons for alternate methods of vaccination that are already known to not be as effective.

This is also why I’m not willing to blame one tiny segment of the population who object to vaccinates as the sole culprits. There are too many variables. I’m not defending the objectors, but I don’t believe it serves our best interests to focus on them exclusively, when, thus far, there’s no evidence they were involved in this outbreak. There are other important questions that need to be answered, even if a few objectors show up in the final wash. However, I do believe focusing on them serves the interests of certain people to divert attention.

In a world where politics and agendas are less important than the safety and security of an entire nation and the health of its people, all questions would be asked and all avenues explored. Honest investigations make our immunization programs better and us safer, but then, in this case, it would also expose the central government that has put its agenda above all else.

I wish I were more hopeful that we’ll get an honest investigation and an appropriate response. I fear all we’re going to hear about are the 13,000 parents who opted last year to not get the MMR. I may not agree with them, but they are the least of worries with this administration.

• stella says:

You say a lot of good things here. I will still point a finger at non-vaccinators. Why? Read the number of comments by people who say that measles and mumps and chicken pox are no big deal. That attitude cannot be allowed to stand.

• stella says:

Speaking of the influenza that killed so many at the beginning of the 20th century, it was brought back by soldiers returning from Europe after WWI. There was no immunity here in the United States. My mother, who was born in 1906, said that everyone got it, and that most families in their area had at least one person who died of it. Nobody in her family did, though they all had it.

P.S.: Measles is measles, regardless of where it originates. It is a single disease. There are measles (rubeola) and German measles (rubella). http://www.emedicinehealth.com/measles/article_em.htm

• stella says:

There is so much in your comment that cries out for a response. You say that as diseases subside, other become prominent. That is true, but modern medicine, and other advances such as improved nutrition, have done much to improve our lives. That includes vaccines and antibiotics. The life expectancy of a white man born in 1900 was 47. By the year 2000, it was 75.

• 7delta says:

I apologize, Stella. I apparently didn’t make myself clear. I was not disparaging vaccines. I’m very familiar with them and with the hierarchy of diseases, since I worked in that area for many years. I am in favor of vaccines, but while they are important, there is no such thing as completely safe vaccines or 100% foolproof vaccines. They don’t always work as intended, considering individual immune systems, individual reactions, and even pharmaceutical issues that sometimes cause them to be ineffective. However, unless you know for certain that you are not a candidate for certain immunizations, they are advisable. They work more often than not and are well worth it, if there are no contraindications for you taking them.

My point was to not rely solely on them as the magic bullet, but to add good health practices as well, as hopefully, a leg up. Maybe I spent too many years explaining the risks of ordinary vaccines to people before they signed the permission papers stating they understood them.

Again, I apparently didn’t make myself clear. I did not intent to imply that medical advances have not improved our lives. My point was simply that we will never be without disease and again, our best defense is to immunize, good sanitary practices and a healthy immune system, but even at that, we will never be immune to every disease or strain of disease in the world, so we can’t rely on our vaccinations to stop everything coming over the border. My complaint in this scenario is the abject failure of the federal government to do its Constitutional duty to secure the border and in preventing people who may have or carry diseases from entering this country.

My point was not about the markers making it a different disease, but about the fact the researchers were able to identify markers that point to an Asian origin, not a domestic one. And yes, there are variations of diseases that adapt to specific regions, even if they’re the same disease and usually respond to the same treatments. So you can have only two types of measles or a polio virus, as we’ve seen a recent resurgence in, and still have enough variability to trace it, to question if the virus has mutated or is an unknown variant, is that mutation/variant being brought into this country by specific aliens and how effective is our current vaccine against it?

So, overall, my question was, what does the Asian origin mean? Who got sick? Where were they from? Were they vaccinated or unvaccinated and if a U.S. citizen, and had been vaccinated, was there was some mitigating factor that made this child susceptible? A person with a compromised immune system can contract a disease they have been immunized against. Entire lots of MMR have turned up to be not be effective and the kids had to be re-vaccinated. I’d like to know. Who, what, where and why?

In the meantime, I can’t blame a few unvaccinated Americans without knowing the answers to these questions, which, at this point, I don’t know. I have seen no evidence that one single kid who got sick was an unvaccinated American. Just speculation.

We all know who we’re dealing with here. If they know for certain that every single kid that got measles was, for instance, from Guatemala, was unvaccinated and on a taxpayer paid trip to Disneyland, are they going to tell us that? Didn’t think so either. How about the other outbreaks? Who, what, where and why?

• John says:

Even worse, Jenny McCarthy.. a comedian…convinced thousands of mothers not to vaccinate.

I teach critical thinking in college. These kids believe almost anything that a celebrity tells them.

• wondering999 says:

I looked at McCarthy’s book in a supermarket out of curiosity. Found a quote where McCarthy wrote that she is not against vaccinations, and in fact supports them. IIRC, She just wanted them separate (M, M, then R), and given at an older age if possible (instead of infancy). From what I’ve read, these are valid opinions, even if someone else wants to go about their business differently and follow the prescribed post-1990s infant vax schedule.
                I don’t have the book in front of me, but if I had time and opportunity it would make sense to discuss the particulars (not just the emotional PR campaigns that surround this hot topic).

• John says:

NO! She is trying to backpeddle now after years of preaching that vaccines cause autism. Her book sales tanked after that.

• wondering999 says:

YES! You misunderstand my post, John. I’m not describing reality TV. I’m describing a book written several years ago by McCarthy and offered out on a grocery bargain table (at LEAST 2 years ago, probably much earlier, time is flying faster than I can track it.)
                  What I read while browsing McCarthy’s book was not primarily about vaccination controversies (and especially not about this recent measles outbreak). McCarthy’s main point was to describe her experiences with her son’s neurological problems, and to bring out different therapies that had worked for her family.
                  McCarthy was up against a life-changing crisis (diagnosis of a major disability of a child, which often breaks up marriages, and did break up McCarthy’s). She successfully managed to beat back an incredibly difficult problem using every means she could muster.
                  I am PRO-VACCINATION, by the way, have a full array of immunizations, and so do my kids.
                  BUT It bugs me to think that other people get to put words in McCarthy’s mouth that she didn’t say, or ascribe opinions to McCarthy that she doesn’t actually hold, in order to radicalize and oversimplify the issue. McCarthy as the ENEMY, Satan the Deceiver!!! Nah. Use the common sense and intellect God gave you. Look at the available information and make the best choices you can.

• Anubis says:

Since leftists want vaccines uninvented & open borders I say A Pox Upon their houses.

• dginga says:

Actually this year they are admitting that the flu vaccine they are pushing is only 23% effective. So 76% of people who GOT the vaccine will get the flu anyway. Seems like a waste of time and money to me, but the government is in bed with the pharmaceutical companies on this one. Vaccines are big business, which means big donations to politicians to require them. I stopped getting flu shots years ago when I found that getting a flu shot pretty much guaranteed I’d get the flu. When I don’t get the shot, I don’t get sick. This year my doc insisted I get a pneumonia vaccination. 24 hours later I was sick as a dog, and the illness hung on for a month. I went to the doc who insisted it could not have been from the vaccination, but he did a flu test and that showed it wasn’t the flu either.

As for the whole measles thing, what is the big deal? When I was a kid we ALL got the measles. I’m from a big family and Mom says we got the measles together, then the mumps then chickenpox. I was the last to get German measles, when I was 16. Somehow missed that illness the first time around. But I sure don’t remember anybody dying from any of those childhood diseases. I know German measles are bad for pregnant women, and mumps are bad for grown men, but if you get this stuff when you’re a kid, after that you’re immune. The way the media is acting you’d think people were contracting Ebola at Disneyland, not the stupid measles. Mom said people used to try to expose their kids to this stuff when they were little to get it over with.

• stella says:

You may not know anybody who had a serious reaction after measles but I DO. And there were many people who died. I’ll look up the stats and let you know AGAIN.

By the way, you can get chicken pox twice; I know people who have.

If a member of your family had a bad reaction to measles, you mother would have had a different opinion about exposing kids to the stuff. There is no excuse not to vaccinate.

P.S.: If the effectiveness of this years’s flu vaccine is 23%, that doesn’t mean that 77% of people who got the vaccine get the flu. It means that 77% of people in an effectiveness study who got the vaccine and were exposed to influenza got the flu. It still means that 23% of exposed persons didn’t get the flu, which is a lot better than nothing.

• John says:

Stella, even worse is the reintroduction of POLIO, It’s back, although in small numbers. It will probably see an increase when the Syrian refugees get here (no widespread vac. program there).

Also, the misinformed mothers that won’t vaccinate. Jenny McCarthy remain unapologetic on this. She’s a dangerous woman.

I agree on all points.

• Anubis says:

Many old textbooks will tell you TB was eradicated, the drug resistant TB that third worlders created by not being smart enough to take the free drugs as directed costs on average $500,000 to treat. Lets not forget Leprosy has crossed our border as well.

• stella says:

Before measles vaccine, nearly all children got measles by the time they were 15 years of age. Each year in the United States about 450-500 people died because of measles, 48,000 were hospitalized, 7,000 had seizures, and about 1,000 suffered permanent brain damage or deafness. Today there are only about 60 cases a year reported in the United States, and most of these originate outside the country.

• Roy says:

If the government was interested in eradicating these diseases, EVERY immigrant or illegal brought into this country would be vaccinated before being strategically placed around the US. We need to resurrect Ellis Island.

There is no defense to demanding American children provide proof of vaccination for school, then implant illegals into classrooms who have not been vaccinated, unless the intent is to spread disease.

• stella says:

If immigrants are not required to vaccinate their children before sending them to school, while others are required to, then that is wrong. Do you have any proof that this is happening?

• Roy says:

No one has “proof.” Numerous sites parroted the same information; namely, doctors and nurses were threatened if they revealed the truth about these illegals. Some information leaked out, and none of it indicated these diseased people were treated and vaccinated. Quite the opposite, that people who displayed signs of illness were passed through to the American public.

The trail of disease not-so-coincidentally follows the dispersion pattern of these illegals. I know of no proof they were vaccinated against the diseases that are mysteriously spreading wherever they’ve been implanted.

There are a number or articles on Judicial Watch dating back years covering this illegal disease problem, even before Obama. The Internet is awash with blogs offering information on the situation.
                  Here is one article that pertains to the Central/South American illegals Obama brought into the US to create a faux humanitarian “crisis.”

Illegal Alien Minors Spreading TB, Dengue, Swine Flu
                  “The hordes of illegal immigrant minors entering the U.S. are bringing serious diseases—including swine flu, dengue fever, possibly Ebola virus and tuberculosis—that present a danger to the American public as well as the Border Patrol agents forced to care for the kids, according to a U.S. Congressman who is also medical doctor.

This has created a “severe and dangerous” crisis, says the Georgia lawmaker, Phil Gingrey. Most of the Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) are coming from Central America and they’re importing infectious diseases considered to be largely eradicated in this country. Additionally, many of the migrants lack basic vaccinations such as those to prevent chicken pox or measles, leaving America’s young children and the elderly particularly susceptible, Gingrey reveals.”

• evolveideas says:

Mexico has an aggressive vaccination program implemented at schools before school starts. Don’t know why their population is not vaccinated.

9. carterzest says:

And now, open the gates to Cuba……

• ytz4mee says:

Who needs Cuba when we have an high speed freeway for the most violent gangs from Mexico and Central America to spread their contagion in every neighborhood across the country?

• smiley says:

and Haiti.
      have you been to Florida lately , by any chance ?
      its unreal.
      entire neighborhoods that, a year ago, were nice, safe..have become overnight ghettoes that look and sound and feel like Nogales or Tijuana.
      you should see the amount of NEW CARS parked in those yards !
      and the amount of people/families/villages living under one roof.

• dginga says:

I worked in the mortgage industry and was appalled when the government insisted we had to change our underwriting standards to allow for multiple families to buy a house together in order to accommodate illegal aliens who wanted to buy houses, primarily in California. I don’t know if they have zoning laws that allow for multiple families to live under one roof, but there are certain cultures where that is considrred normal. Naturally, rather than expect immigrants to adapt to OUR cultural norms, instead we have to throw our standards out the window.

I used to live in a neighborhood up North where the zoning was single family residential, but there were no deed covenants requiring this. An Indian (Asian, not Native American) family (or should I say “families” ) moved in next door. There must have been four families living in that four bedroom house. Kids all over the place, cars all over the place, noise all the time. A group of neighbors went to a zoning board meeting to complain, but all they did was send a “sternly worded letter” to the homeowner. Nothing changed. We were told if we had an HOA with specific covenants excluding multiple families we could sue them, but the city refused to do anything more. As for the homeowner, he called the zoning department and said the other 16 people living in the house were his “guests” and were not actually living there. For two years.

• smiley says:

madness.
          I hear what you’re saying.
          its very frustrating, and it negatively impacts the quality of life that we are supposedly paying for via fees, taxes, licensing, insurance etc etc.
          not to mention the substandard quality of the work place environment which, in many cases, now resembles a third world barrio culture.
          its dragging us down to a substandard nation.
          reducing us to a level of mediocrity, or worse, that 30 yrs ago would have been unheard of and totally unacceptable.
          hard to take.

• John says:

Well, Jimmy Carter screwed that state with the Mariel boatlift people.

• Anubis says:

The US already got every Cuban willing to work, all that is left is the left side of the bell curve.

10. This whole story makes me mad. First, I’m tired of my country’s laws being trampled because some poor soul with a sob story lives in a third world nation and wants to live in a first-world nation. I’m sick and tired of it. I don’t know how to make people understand that amnesty is a dirty world: allowing bad behavior only encourages more of it. I don’t want these illegal aliens in the country chewing up the healthcare system and school systems and welfare systems.

And I’m really hot under the collar that American citizens and legal immigrants are getting sick and dying from these lawbreakers being here.

• smiley says:

and its not an “immigration” issue, anyway.
      its a national security threat.
      invasion, infiltration..unchecked.
      multicultural subversion.

• I like the fact that you bring up the word “invasion”. Any other place in the world, if you illegally breach the borders of a sovereign nation, you are considered an “invader” and they will lock you up and throw away the key.

But our country sits here and watches this happen. Our country encourages it, heck they pick them up in busses and spread them out all over the place!!!

• smiley says:

2 people who call this what it is…Michele Malkin and Tom Tancredo….don’t pull any punches on this issue, imo. ..none of the convenient “newspeak” that ails us these days when we can no longer correctly identify or describe anything or anyone for fear of either offending them or exposing an agenda.
          Tom Tancredo should run for office again…he’s all for a moratorium on immigration, at this point, and gives good, sound, rational reasons why. 🙂

11. georgiafl says:

There are three possible groups involved in this outbreak:
    1. Non-immunizers prevalent in California
    2. Quality, efficacy and testing of immunizations.
    3. Importation of illegals who are not immunized.

All can be corrected, controlled, improved. IF we had an healthy political system and less political health system.

• Apollo says:

Yes, this is mostly a good post, but Sundance soft-pedals that non-inoculated Americans have as much to do with the spread of the disease (and probably more, because of their greater numbers) as illegals.

Some third-world countries actually have more rigorous inoculation rules than the US, e.g. you can’t opt out for no reason like you can here.

• dginga says:

Give me a break! You think the relatively few people who don’t have their kids immunized are a greater threat than the millions of illegals streaming across the border from third world countries? Seriously???? My experience with the anti-vaccination crowd it that they are mostly educated lefties who tend to be affluent. Even if a kid isn’t vaccinated, if he’s only around other kids who ARE, he isn’t likely to get sick. But throw him in a classroom full of kids from Guatemala or Somalia and what do you think happens?

• Tkim says:

But the educated anti vax parents know that their unvaccinated child may soon be in school with third world immigrant children. Can those parents be affluent enough to make sure no Guatemalan or Somali immigrant doesn’t get within three feet of Junior? And can those parents keep their unvaccinated children away from babies too young to be immunized?

Communicable disease spreading will soon be a branch of US law. Vax and non vax parents squaring off in court about innocent children left brain damaged, blind or dead.

All of our choices have consequences.

• wondering999 says:

“Dr Gordon, whose patients include the vocal anti-vaccination celebrity Jenny McCarthy, has been critical of some ingredients in common vaccines and has offered anecdotal evidence – refuted by peer-reviewed studies – of a link between the MMR vaccine and autism. On this occasion, however, Dr Gordon said unequivocally that MMR was “not a dangerous vaccine”. He thought giving it at 12 months, the standard time, was too early, but otherwise he had no objection.

“Three hours later, Gottesburen took her son to the doctor and had him inoculated..”

• evolveideas says:

Respectfully there is a reason, the freedom to make decisions for one’s family.

• Tkim says:

Of course. But unless one lives in a cave, our decisions affect others,

• Les says:

I agree. Parents who don’t inoculate have a responsibility to notify others of their choice. I’m still not sure how you would avoid spreading contamination to infants or other immunodeficient persons in public places. You would likely never know if your child caused illness or death of another through that kind of contamination.

I’m not crazy enough to think of all unvaccinated children as carriers, but it is possible some are asymptomatic carriers and some may been exposed to a disease and don’t show symptoms yet. Non-vaccinating parents are counting on the rest of the parents to vaccinate to keep disease from reaching their child. We should be able to count on them to make sure our young and elderly and ill don’t catch the same diseases.

12. linda says:

when I was growing up our neighbor’s boy had a tempature of 107 and it ruined his mind to a large degree when he got measles

13. 180daysofkindergarten says:

It is interesting to me that this story has been used, not to fault immigration but to fault Anti vaccine people. It is infuriating that the problem, caused but liberal policies toward immigration, is now being dumped on anti vaxxers. I don’t trust this unholy and evil government and media for one moment. This story is huge. Too bad the majority of the sheeple think the root is not the anti vaccine crowd

• stella says:

Both things add to the problem. Before measles vaccination, 500 people a year died of complications due to measles. Measles is a highly contagious airborne virus. More people who aren’t vaccinated (both immigrants and citizens) add to the spread of the disease. Babies and others who cannot be vaccinated become infected.

• John says:

It’s the combination of the two demographics that makes disease control particularly challenging.

14. 180daysofkindergarten says:

My fear of illness is just not there but reading social reveals that there are parents who are really concerned. The most concerned that I personally see is a liberal Hollywood type, making this really interesting on a personal level. I even read one comment that said “Autism is nothing compared to measles” Oh my. People are losing it.

• Tkim says:

I can’t fault parents for trying to avoid autism, or trying to find a cause. There are mothers who haven’t vaccinated their children but still have kids diagnosed with autism. Many are blaming themselves for having mercury fillings; one mom with no fillings is blaming her own mothers mercury fillings for her autistic grandchildren.

The world is frightening and we seem to have less and less control over any of it. I think what is frightening intents is that the immigration tsunami has brought a plethora of medical, social and physical problems the US is not going to take on without dire consequences for all iof us, the most important ones being our kids.

The point is not to argue vax no vax, but to deal with the epidemics arriving on our shores via third world immigrants. How do protect American children? How do we protect those with compromised immunity and too young to be vaccinated babies?

Again, we have choices to make as parents and live with the consequences. I would never argue vaccines, cloth diapering, working vs stay at home or any other parenting issues. It becomes Bosnia right quickly.

What we have here are waves of immigrants sitting next to our children in public schools, and what American parents can do in the best interest of their own children.

• stella says:

The silly thing about that comment is that no link between vacs and autism has ever been proven. If you don’t vaccinate against measles and are exposed, you WILL get the measles. It is highly contagious.

• TKim says:

It is sad that when non vaccinated kids develop autism the moms tend to blame their own vaccines, or that of their parents. Especially since our generation was raised by parents who saw vaccines as gifts from God, doing away with iron lungs and measles blindness and rubella infected fetuses. And most of us can’t remember ever, as kids, the presence of autistic kids.

Dr Wakefield’s legacy will rival Obama’s in causing suffering and pain.

• stella says:

I don’t believe that there is even one drug or vaccine that has not caused adverse reactions in someone. That said, no fault was admitted, even though money was awarded. Not knowing all of the facts, it’s hard to know why.

It doesn’t change my opinion about vaccines. Millions have received them with no adverse reaction, and thousands of lives have been saved, and terrible disease side effects avoided.

15. Dr Brice says:

There is growing concern that Dr Wakefield was in fact paid off by the multi billion dollar PC and cell phone corporations to throw the pharmaceutical industry under the bus. The actual link to autism is said to be the dawn of myriad electronic devices babies are expose to in utero.

With the wave of immigrants invading our shores the dis is cast. The powers that be knew that convincing parents not to vaccinate would be easy. Convincing them to give up their devices was never going to happen.

16. TKim says:

And how much TB is coming across the border ? Again, a disease few remember. It tended to decimate families.

• Les says:

Whooping cough has been making a comeback here, too. 2012 was a banner year, last year was about half of 2012 levels but up from 2013:

17. sweetp8999 says:

Our children got all the childhood diseases when they were young – measles, mumps, chicken pox and whooping cough. At the time we lived in a country that vaccinated lightly and then told us to expose our children to the diseases. They weathered them all with no problems at all. The problem we had was here in the US where we had an ongoing battle with schools and colleges wanting them to be vaccinated. Of course we refused. Has anyone else wondered why Americans are the sickest nation on the planet and also the most vaccinated?

• Les says:

I don’t think we are the sickest nation on the planet. African countries have AIDS and Ebola and malaria and yellow fever and polio and all kinds of worms, bacterial diseases, typhoid, plague, etc. South/South America has cholera, yellow fever, chikungunya, dengue, malaria, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, chagas, EV-everything, worms, etc. The Middle East shares disease trends with Africa.

We are overweight, sedentary, sexually promiscuous, and so rude we sneeze all over other people. We import the rest of the diseases from other places.

Who said we are the sickest nation on the planet? You can’t compare developed nations to mud-dwelling nations. We seem to trade the “Fattest Country” title with Mexico, Egypt, AUS, UK, and a few others.

Maybe the best thing we can all do for our country is to drop 20 lbs. But we create most of our own illness, we aren’t a wasteland of infectious disease (yet). Wait until the lesser-developed nations get smart phones, then you will see some stuff…

• sweetp8999 says:

My mistake, I should have been more specific. We were discussing children and measles and I was referring to our children being the sickest. Of course we can’t compare third world and least developed countries since the reporting is questionable or non existent.

Our children receive more vaccines before age six than any other country and we also have the highest rate of autism. Coincidence? Children in the U.S. receive four times more vaccines today than was administered in the 1970’s.
        Something else I found interesting is doctors who have treated malnourished children in Africa using a product containing peanuts (I believe it was called Plumpynut). When one doctor was asked about allergic reaction to peanuts he responded that children there had no peanut allergies. Here the rate of children suffering from various allergies is higher than in other countries.

I don’t trust the FDA or big Pharma. It would not surprise me in the least if the government uses this latest measles scare to mandate vaccines.

18. John says:

Huh? Take a trip to a cemetery pre WWII and look at how many there are children. Statistical research 101: Correlation does not equal causation. Most sick and most vaccinated are not causal.

19. Alaskagurl says:

” Dear Comrades, my little Babushkas!

I have hear from the Dear Magnificent Leader- Vladimar Oblama and those in the Appartatchik, including Commissars Pelosi (code name Plastic Face) and Reid, they send warmest thanks in the name of Revolution for your Victory against the evil Capitalist onslaught. I have also heard from Comrades at our Communist News Network (CNN) and TASS (Yahoo/ABC news), they along with the Revolutionaries at More Socialist Nonsense Broadcast Continually (MSNBC) have collected many rubles from the front and are building a statue of your likeness which will be place in the Gulag that will house the enemies of the state who watch FOX news, read Drudge and listen to the evil Capitalist propaganda on Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beckl.

I have also heard from our glorious army of the Revolution (O.W.S) they have encircled the capitalist on all fronts and are waiting for the glorious collectivizion the Dear Magnificent Leader has spoken of when victory is realized! Your Motherland is proud of your ferocious Revolutionary stand! An extra ration of bread and Vodka is on your card-“