ISIS Deadline Passes For $200 Million Ransom of Japanese Hostages…

Prayers for the families of the hostages.  It is impossible for us to appreciate the depth of their emotional anxiety; however, we can pray for a resolution which unites them -and- a comfort to surround them.

(CNN)—ISIS will reportedly release a statement “soon” about the two Japanese men it’s threatening to execute Friday.  Japanese broadcaster NHK said it has been in contact online with a spokesman for the militant group who made the assertion.

japanese hostages

When asked whether ISIS has been in negotiations with the Japanese government, the spokesman said he wouldn’t comment, NHK reported.

ISIS has threatened to kill the two men — Kenji Goto and Haruna Yukawa — unless Japan pays the group $200 million. The Japanese government says it estimates that ultimatum expires at 2:50 p.m. Friday, Tokyo time (12:50 a.m. ET Friday).

ISIS claims the amount is the same as the financial aid pledged by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to countries affected by the militant group. (read more)

a-prayer-for-times-like-these

This entry was posted in Death Threats, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to ISIS Deadline Passes For $200 Million Ransom of Japanese Hostages…

1. ZurichMike says:

Nothing on the news in Tokyo (4 pm Friday as I type)

2. robertnotsowise says:

so what about those two different shadow angles.… this is the original picture the news media has…. I’m trying to process this…. are they using an arc lamp fill light?

look how the shadows fall behind them…

3. The Johnny Person says:

May I ask a really really stupid question? Just what are these people doing over there in the first place? I mean, it’s not like this is the first time or the 2nd or the third. Why would they be there with all of this going on to begin with? Would any of you go anywhere near those places right now? You’d have to be a complete idiot to expose yourself to this.

• canadacan says:

John Person I’m with you common sense seems to be at a standstill

• RoyBaty says:

Perhaps some of them may have been captured elsewhere and sold to ISIS, or they could have been captured a while back. Remember obama said this was just the JV squad one year ago this week.

• peachteachr says:

I read that one of the men went to try to rescue his friend. I gathered that he felt he might hold some sway with ISIS.
      I am praying that the men have the strength of Daniel in the lion’s den and that their families will feel our prayers for them.

4. The Johnny Person says:

Just to make myself clear. I’m not attacking the victim. But I cannot imagine putting myself in this position in the first place.

5. The Johnny Person says:

And since my retardation is on a roll tonight, how about one more? Why is this continuing? This isn’t a United States problem. This is a world problem. This is a U.N problem. I mean this falls under human rights, Geneva convention…you name it. Why hasn’t the combined efforts of the entire U.N went over there and absolutely decimated these animals?

6. BertDilbert says:

Japan should blow up $200 million in Mosques. Then offer to rebuild the Mosques with $200 million in exchange for the two Japanese. So ISIS can prove that their hearts lie with Islam.

7. czarowniczy says:

I can imagine that if I were a Japanese government official I’d be contemplating ritual seppuku on TV during prime time or a nuke strike on anything that even remotely smelled of ISIS, having to watch this kind of personal national insult (to them it is, far more than ours was to us) from such an exposed position of humiliation has to be unbearable. They cannot pay the $200-million for a number of reasons, not including not having the cash, and neither can they react.
    I’d said that I’m betting any beheadings will cause a quiet militaristic response in Japan and I still believe it will. I’m betting that our State’s watching too and will release some diplomatically-worded statement of regret that will also caution restraint on the Japanese part. The Japanese have somewhat quietly stood-by and watched the huge mainland China military buildup across the straits from Taiwan, a buildup that’s also poised to be aimed at Japan. Japan’s reacted to the Chinese maritime insults and is considering a reaction to the Chinese IRBM and ICBM threat but as Asia’s 2nd fastest aging nation it seemed to be having some difficulty bringing its youth into the process and the deaths of the hostages, if the occur, may be a good lever for the government to employ.

8. myopiafree says:

It would be almost impossible to get $200,000,000, together, to also verify that the right ISIS people get the money. I do not see them getting the money … so this is indeed tragic. This is indeed, “Murder Inc.” ISIS now has a new enemy – of their own making. If you pay them – they grab and kill more hostages. That is a fools game. I am sorry for the people who are caught and murdered. Perhaps, we (the world) should develop a military force against ISIS, to include the Japanese, who should donate $200,000,000 to the military attack on ISIS.

9. auscitizenmom says:

I just saw on FOX that the two men were executed.

10. Roy says:

What was the result of those articles about closing in on Jihadi John, they were so close to identifying him, thought they had identified him, thought they knew where he was, blah, blah, blah, then completely dropped it. How does something like that get dropped? Why hasn’t he been droned?

This is such a cat and mouse game except it really isn’t. Same with that Boko Haram nut. If someone really, really, wanted them dead, they’d be dead.

I realize people shouldn’t put themselves in bad positions, but I can’t half blame them because if the government doesn’t take these groups seriously enough to call them enemies and declare war on them, then to some extent, life goes on for people who work or travel overseas. Until it doesn’t.

It’s way past time to send a message to ISIS, and I don’t mean by hashtag.

11. Michelle says:

Nobody, but nobody, is worth 100,000,000.00. Sorry. Unless these guys have the ability to cure cancer, they just are not worth more than a million each. 2 hundred mil for the both of them, with the ransom then going to the effort of killing hundreds of thousands more? No way, I say. Sayonara!

• auscitizenmom says:

I agree with you. I feel for the families, but we really shouldn’t be giving into the terrorists. You notice the price just jumped way up. 😦

12. My thoughts on the picture…complete fake. Likely using a green screen. Skin tone of the two japanese are different light as are the orange jumpsuits. Both men look to either be cut and paste or computer projections. .The shadow area is a dead giveaway too. IF the pic is real, one prisoner poses with jihadi then it takes several minutes to get the other prisoner to keel and pose casting a different shadow. .

A few years ago a production company was uncovered in WV, I believe that it was found out that it produced propaganda films and photo ops for the government. I don’t recall their name but this is right up their alley. Do you notice how these alleged jihadis always have their faces covered in photo ops?
    Why is that…when they are so eager to die for Allah otherwise?