Commercial Of The Year Winner !

This commercial was winner of the Gouden Loeki 2014 (Dutch commercial award) – “We not only help people who cannot see, but also those who have seen too much. It’s only 30 seconds, but watch it and you’ll see why:

This entry was posted in Heros, Military, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Commercial Of The Year Winner !

1. zephyrbreeze says:

Beautiful commercial. We need to see more of these.

It’s also ironic when you think that followers of Islam detest dogs. There is a scientific basis to why the companion dogs are useful in managing symptoms of PTSD. From the Canines 4 Hope website:

PTSD Dogs are trained to:

Assistance in a medical crisis
    Provide treatment related assistance
    Assistance in coping with emotional overload
    Perform security enhancement tasks

A Specially Trained PTSD Dog can provide a sense of security, calming effects, and physical exercise that can make a positive difference in the life of those that suffer with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Like all assistance dogs, a psychiatric service dog is individually trained to do work or perform tasks that mitigate their handler’s disability. Training may include providing environmental assessment (in such cases as paranoia or hallucinations), signaling behaviors (such as interrupting repetitive or injurious behavior reminding the handler to take medication, retrieving objects and guiding the handler from stressful situations. PTSD Service Dogs can literally change the life of a Veteran or other persons with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD Service dogs can help a Veteran remain calm by preventing people from crowding around or rushing up behind in public places which will provide a comfortable space for the Veteran or PTSD sufferer.

PTSD service dogs for veteransPTSD Service Dogs can:

help adjust serotonin levels
    help lower blood pressure
    help with episodes of depression
    provide companionship
    calm their handler
    preventing people from crowding around or rushing up on their handler

2. Beautiful! Too sweet!

Now I know why it won an award.

3. Dogs are awesome – period! Great commercial!

• We had a black lab, Duke, who would snuggle up right under the chin if someone was crying. He was really sweet. Not a trained service dog, just very kind. I sure miss that dog. We lost him 3 years ago.

• I had a black lab/mix who was my “baby”. I rescued him from the side of the road – someone had put a box of puppies out on the side of a very busy road and four were dead – he was running around in the turning lane terrified.

I got sick one year and that dog never left my side. Where I went, he went. I would get up multiple times during the night and go soak in a hot bath and he would raise his head, watch me walk from the room, huff and then follow me and plop himself right beside the bathtub. He would hang his head over the rim of the tub and lick my face or arm or hand – whatever he could reach.

He was the most devoted nurse I’ve ever had! I miss him so very much!

4. chopp5 says:

Unfortunately, a service dogs designation is now a scam by many to have their dogs fly with them in the cabin. DM has photos of Henry Cavill now with his service puppy at LAX. He’s just one of many actors that do it. They are rich. Hire a private jet or leave the doggy home with your personal assistant. And who can forgot the service pig? lol

• wondering999 says:

Chopp5 — I know someone who has a service dog that accompanies this person everywhere (and who probably fits your description, except for the scam part). Trust me, that person is moderately nuts and NEEDS to have their dog alongside.

Some business owners are able to keep their dogs with them at their businesses, and they relieve stress and improve the social atmosphere. Dogs, not drugs!

• mikayla825 says:

The highlight of my hubby’s most recent stint in the hospital was the visit of two pet therapy dogs. He had just two hours before gone through a very painful procedure without real anesthesia but after the visit, he was happy and laughing. The funny thing was he almost missed out because he initially just heard the word “therapy” and refused thinking it was going to be another pain filled experience. I remember telling him “Oh! You want this kind of therapy hon!”

5. Chip Bennett says:

Why is it so dusty all of a sudden in my room?

6. czarowniczy says:

So…the Dutch treat their vets with dogs while the US treats its vets as dogs.

7. justafly says:

The U.S. Veterans Affairs also provides service dogs to veterans with Post Traumatic Stress. The system has been getting better in the past few months, but it’s not there yet. Can never ever ‘get there’ as a gub’mint run system.

8. CrankyinAZ says:

Kleenex…. I need some kleenex…. 🙂

Dogs are the best. Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like dogs.

9. Pingback: Commercial of the Year |

10. Les says:

I stopped my “voluntary” paycheck giving to “charities” I didn’t really support (United Way, cough), and gave lump sums instead to Wounded Warrior Project and a dog rescue for battlefield canines. They don’t usually pay to ship these dogs back home. 😦 They have an adoption program if anybody is interested. Here is one, but there are several: http://www.save-a-vet.org/d7/adopt

11. Lucille says:

This interview with an American vet and his dog was one of the “suggestions” at the end of the Dutch commercial. Yes, canines are special creatures of God.

12. Lucille says:

Website for Veteran’s dogs – pray for the lost therapy dogs and other pets

13. furrcats says: