Locally the Durham North Carolina media are reporting the typical leftist reason for backing down, threats from religious right wing extremists and zealots.  However, the reality is that Reverend Franklin Graham virtually single-handedly was about to destroy the University’s financial future….

franklin-grahamVia Todd Starnes – Duke University has abandoned its plan to transform the bell tower on the Methodist school’s neo-gothic cathedral into a minaret where the Muslim call to prayer was to be publicly broadcast.

“Duke remains committed to fostering an inclusive, tolerant and welcoming campus for all of its students,” university spokesman Michael Schoenfeld said in a statement. “However, it was clear that what was conceived as an effort to unify was not having the intended effect.”

The first adhan, or call to prayer, had been scheduled to be broadcast on Jan. 16. University officials said, the Islamic chant, which includes the words “Allahu Akbar” would have been “moderately amplified” — in both English and Arabic.

However, the decision brought a firestorm of national criticism from a number of high profile leaders including Franklin Graham, the son of famed evangelist Billy Graham.

Graham said Muslims have a right to worship in America. He also said there are millions of “wonderful people in Islam that want to live their life and raise their children and they want to be free.” But he also said that Islam is not a peaceful religion.

In a Thursday interview with WRAL News, Graham refused to back down, even for those Muslims who have condemned radical Islamic actions.

“I don’t feel I owe an apology to anybody. I think Duke University, they owe an apology,” he said. “They’re the ones who owe the apology to Christian students and the ones who donated money for the chapel.”  (link)

“This is a Methodist school and the money for that chapel was given by Christian people over the years so that the student body would have a place to worship the God of the Bible,” Graham told me in a telephone interview.

He had called for university donors to pull their funding – (and I suspect that had something to do with Duke’s decision.)

Instead, the prayers will be moved to outside the chapel.

“Members of the Muslim community will now gather on the quadrangle outside the Chapel, a site of frequent interfaith programs and activities,” Schoenfeld said.

Christy Lohr Sapp, Duke’s associate dean for religious life, heralded the Muslim call to prayer in a column published by the NewsObserver.com.

“The use of it as a minaret allows for the interreligious reimagining of a university icon,” Lohr Sapp wrote.

For the record, the university says the chapel is not exclusively used for Christian worship. It’s used by students of many different religions.

She imagined what it would be like for a students to walk through the chapel quad and “catch the sight of the student muezzin facing Mecca in the Chapel tower” and how “they might catch a strain of the Arabic proclamation, ‘Allahu Akbar!’ which means ‘God is great.’”

“This opportunity represents a larger commitment to religious pluralism that is at the heart of Duke’s mission and connects the university national trends in religious accommodation,” Lohr Sapp said.

I suspect that would not have gone over very well on Friday, September 11, 2015. Imagine the nation pausing to remember the 2001 Islamic terror attacks as students at Duke University heard the words “Allahu Akbar” echoing from the school’s chapel bell tower.  (read more)

duke U

Chuck Norris has a picture of Franklin Graham on his wall.

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Islam, Jihad, Religion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

141 Responses to Franklin Graham Backs Down Duke University – Islamic Prayer Call from Duke Chapel Cancelled Within 48 Hours of Announcement…

1. Sharon says:

….the interreligious reimagining of a university icon.…………??????

Sapp is the perfect name for Duke’s associate dean for religious life.

Idiots.

• Sharon says:

Oh – and God bless Franklin Graham.

• waltherppk says:

Amen and atta boy on this one. Next he should go after “Baptist” Children Services that is a La Raza front group for the importation of illegal aliens project.

I took great exception with Franklin over the ebola business and posted an explicit condemnation on CNN which was very soon scrubbed along with what was a wave of agreeing commentary. I don’t agree with some other stuff about Franklin either, but I think he means well, and he is absolutely right and correct about this business involving islam not being peaceful. Historically islam has been the credo for some of the most noteworthy murderous thugs who have walked the earth, slavers, pirates, highwaymen, and assassins, where institutionalized misogyny and child molestation, racial bigotry, and barbaric laws are the practices deemed to be “holiness and virtue”. There is a lot more explicit things could be said that would be true as other condemnations of islam as an ideology absolutely inconsistent with the premises set forth in the constitution that is the basic principle and law of the land which defines our country, before even getting to the theological implications about whose god is greater in a proposition of mutual exclusivity for which there likely can never be any reconciliation. Historically also there has been a lot of war, too much war to ignore or forget continuing even into the present, between the U.S. and both foreign and domestic enemies who have a commonality and a common denominator in that FACT those enemy are followers of islam who have not amended, reformed, nor abandoned fundamental islamic views that are inconsistent with life in a modern world which would be what is regarded by most people of any religion other than islam as providing freedom for a way of life that is both civilized and peaceful. It doesn’t get more black and white than that simple proposition what is darkness and light.

• wgraham52014 says:

Almost 100% agree with you. I’m just not so sure anymore what a “modern world” is, or if we even live in one. “… and there is nothing new under the sun.”

• waltherppk says:

But you have to keep in mind that Solomon’s words in Ecclesiastes were perfectly applicable only in the age before Christ and that very resignation and frustration expressed there was the hopelessness of all humanity being expressed so poignantly which is the need and the question for which Jesus Christ would be the only possible answer. So while all humanity can relate to Solomon’s sense of futility expressed so eloquently there, if we listen carefully Solomon tells the world all the reasons why Jesus Christ is what that crying out of a hopeless humanity would soon receive in answer.

There are ultimately only two kinds of people in the world, those who know the answer to Solomon’s riddle about futility of the human condition set forth perfectly in Ecclesiastes ……and those who don’t. Most will be forever perplexed by Solomon’s futility riddle,
            while the lucky fewer of us saved are given to know the answer to Solomon’s riddle

Jesus Christ is the answer (and the only answer)

• Josh says:

Franklin Graham: Hero

• Indiemex says:

“I think that the mosques around town should attach the cross to their minarets and play “The Old Rugged Cross” at high noon every day. Now that would be some interreligious reimagining.” Best suggestion I’ve heard since I found out about Islam! Thank you Sharon. I’m totally swiping that one.

• allhail2 says:

Yep. All Christy’s babbling nonsense translates to: scared out of her poor little PC mind.

• joanfoster says:

Unfortunately, not too many Christians today know The Old Rugged Cross” and if they do, they wouldn’t want to offend anyone by singing it. The only mistake Franklin Graham makes is assuming this is still a religious school. Churches are becoming multicultural auditoriums, not houses of worship.

• Josh says:

Since it’s been brought up 🙂
        The Old Rugged Cross

• John Denney says:

That hymn offends me.

“And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.” – Numbers 21:9

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – John 3:14-16

Clinging to the cross, instead of to Jesus, strikes me as the same error committed by Israel.

“[Hezekiah] did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father did. He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it . . .” – 2 Kings 18:3-4

• partyzantski says:

Dean for “Religious Life”?
      No wonder the tuition is too damn high.

p.s.- I would rather have the building turned into rubble than to have it turned into a minaret.

Gloria in excelsis Deo

• joanfoster says:

Rush Limbaugh recently did a story on the Dean of Religious Life at Stanford. It seems she was trained in the Anglican Church, is a lesbian, and believes that churches should be used for other purposes beyond religion, i.e., art exhibits, concerts, social events. I highly doubt this bimbo knows The Old Rugged Cross or knows what it means. This has become the age of the social gospel.

• pspinach says:

(BIG CAPS) I think that the mosques around town should attach the cross to their minarets and play “The Old Rugged Cross” at high noon every day. Now that would be some interreligious reimagining.

Perfect. Lol.

2. d'hack says:

Thank you Rev. Graham! However this was just a battle. The associate dean quoted in the article expressed an opinion that I find very offensive and a clear and present danger to the future of this Nation. Coupled with the image below , I feel we are in for a very bad time in the very near future…

• allhail2 says:

Fair warning: if y’all want to be above the laws of the land, that’s fine. But, we can play that game, too.

• canadacan says:

That is exactly right .Game on.
        I love Franklin Graham .I’m not a Baptist not a church going person but I have some deeply held personal Christian beliefs.
        What the Christian community needs is a strong athletic Christian.He answers the Christian call to worship.
        A thumbs up to Sharon’s comment .

• RJ says:

Seems to me the “Christian call to worship” is one where “love” reigns supreme, while the muslim call (five times a day…) to prayer is one where “obedience” and “submission” is the first rule of order, followed by listing all “grievances” toward others.

Can’t wait for the “documentary” exposing the “muslim outreach” programs within our American prison systems. Breeding grounds just like our colleges, such as Duke University…or it that Dook U.?

• taqiyyologist says:

Yep.

“You follow your traditions, we’ll follow ours.”

• waltherppk says:

Islam is antithetical to and inconsistent with the republic that is the U.S.

By virtue of that FACT islam is by definition subversive.

What is subversive should not be exempted by hiding it behind calling it “religion”.

You could play that game with anything at your own peril.

What next, will cannibalism be okay if some people claim their god tells them to eat people?

• White Hat JD says:

Islam is incompatible with ANY other country because the heart of the Islamic doctrine REQUIRES the death of ALL nonMuslims until on the the pure “perfect” Muslims remain. We have NO Business allowing it here and should ban it. Though I must admit if you take out the sheer hatred of women, stoning women, raping children and killing gays thing Islam isn’t hat bad. 😉

• waltherppk says:

Anything that would have me spread out in submission (surrender) five times a day is something I would kill with a smile any day and twice on Sunday. I’m just not such a good surrenderer, so must not have any French blood in me at all.

• John Denney says:

True. See the Declaration of Independence, which is above the Constitution, which is the law of the land.

• waltherppk says:

Desecration of churches is nothing new for muslim miscreants. Once they desecrate the name of God and many of Gods laws and teachings through a false prophet it is only downhill from there. Few better guide books exist for how not to live than is exemplified by the quran and that is exactly why there has been a state of constant war and strife initiated by those satanic verses followers trying to impose its evil teachings and evil agenda on an unwilling world.

• Indiemex says:

Exactly what I was thinking when I first heard this story. They historically convert churches, temples, etc into mosques as a sign of domination and victory. We can see that Duke can’t wait to submit. Hideous.

3. Lucille says:

Does the phrase yelled out by terrorists when going on their religious killing rampages mean “God is great”? Or does it mean “Allah is greater”? I’ve read that it is the latter, though not being an Arabic-speaker I don’t know which is correct. Obviously, there is a big difference.

4. tovex11 says:

We need those speakers they used on Manuel Noriega, they are bigger than allahs! A little AC/DC and beer for morning prayer makes for a nice day. The almighty Angus would have been proud. Can I make AC/DC an official religion to combat minarets?

5. Hot Toddy says:

Yet another reminder that this world is not our home. God bless Franklin Graham, indeed.

6. Anonymous says:

Just wait till the Pastafarians ask for equal time for rites honoring the Flying Spagetti Monster and his noodly appendages

7. I put my husband and son on a train this past New Year’s Eve. They were traveling to Temple, TX from Lafayette, LA to visit my husband’s family and pick up his truck which we had left at his Mom’s house in Temple.

While on the platform waiting on the train I happened to look over and see a guy without shoes on (though it was freezing cold) bowing towards the east. He would do that, get up, do it, get up – he did this about 20 times over the course of about 30 minutes. He was making me increasingly nervous.

I know it’s probably irrational, but all I could think was “I’m about to put my baby on that train with this guy, on New Year’s Eve, and for all I know, he’s planning on setting a bomb off on the train.”

My husband tried to tell me that the train would be an unlikely target, blah, blah, blah, but that did not help. I’m a natural worrier, anyway. My husband has a CHL and, though there is no law against him having his concealed weapon as he was traveling between Louisiana and Texas where he has a permit in both states, it is requested they not be carried and say they will be “denied transportation” if they fail to adhere to the policy. And there is no “security” or place to check luggage. There is no screening. We simply walked up to the platform and waiting on the train with their luggage.

I asked him if he had his gun to which is “shushed” me and assured me he did. I told him, “If he makes one move, take him out. Do NOT let him hurt my baby!”

This may be irrational on my part, but then, again, not really. We don’t know WHAT these people are going to do and which ones are radicalized and which ones are merely complacent. Could this guy have not found a more private place than the platform full of people to do his praying? He was making a show of himself, for sure.

Then, much to my delight, he got up and put his shoes on and walked off toward the “ghetto” part of town (which borders the train station.)

While Obama finds the Muslim call to prayer “the most beautiful sound in the world”, I find it offensive and intimidating and I don’t trust any of them – and for good reason. And certainly not around my most precious child.

To have them attempt to turn a Christian Church’s bell tower into a minaret is beyond disgusting and we don’t NEED interreligious reimaging. What we need, more than ever in our history, is a Christian revival in this nation. We need to teach our children the principles that this nation was founded upon. We need to tolerate other religions, as is guaranteed under our Constitution, but we do NOT need to surrender our own beliefs to accommodate those of “foreign” religions. Enough already.

• canadacan says:

I really loved your story there

• Tkim says:

Txconservativemomof2, you sound just like me. Wish you lived in my town, we’d have to do coffee.

• auscitizenmom says:

I can imagine how worried you were. I would have been, too.

• Sandra says:

I’m not blaming your husband, but this is exactly what the terrorists leverage. You are told that you are being irrational or even paranoid for inferring a possible outcome based on well-defined characteristics and historical facts, i.e., you are actually employing logic and reason but you are told otherwise. You are bullied into the say nothing, do nothing mode, and further you are bullied into thinking that there is something wrong with you for even THINKING that the person is suspicious.

The BGI takes full advantage, and so do the Islamic extremists. If the violent Hispanic gangs figure out how to do it we’re in ever deeper trouble.

• Actually, my husband shares my thoughts (if not fears – he’s a little calmer than I) – mostly he was trying to calm me. He knows me all too well. I was heading towards “Y’all aren’t going!”

It has crossed my mind more than once that he feels a false sense of security because he carries. I always remind him he’s only one person.

But you’re very right – so many people are buying into the “Islam is a religion of peace” gradu (that’s Cajun French for cr*p) and “tolerance” that they’re not seeing what’s right in front of their faces.

Hopefully these morons will wake up one day – and hopefully it won’t be too late for us all.

• Josh says:

I can see absolutely no irrational thinking in your story.

• Pam says:

I agree that we desperately need a Christian revival. (No offense to our Jewish brethren. I can’t speak for them.) Unless the hearts and minds of the people in this country turn back to God in huge numbers, I just don’t see how politics or trying to inform people of the internal and external dangers to our country would have any lasting effect.

A corrupt, rotten, godless culture will never lead to any just, unified, peaceful nation. We are going down the tubes.

My personal opinion is that nothing short of a supernatural movement of the Holy Spirit sweeping across this land would effect lasting change. Not so much churches, with good intent, endeavoring to start a revival unless the Holy Spirit started one using them. I have seen denominations have yearly “revivals”, so the word itself has different connotations.

That’s as far as my human thinking can go. When I look around and see the vast numbers of atheists, secularists, those who worship another sort of “god”, and the overwhelming worship at the altars of materialism, I cannot imagine what might happen if revival did come about. God does not force compliance on human beings.

In Matthew, Jesus said something that is very uncomfortable to think about:

Matthew 10:34-36

“Do not think I came to send peace upon the earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man’s enemies shall be they of his own household.”

• 2x4x8 says:

you no Eloi

8. taqiyyologist says:

Nature abhors a vacuum.

9. texan59 says:

I can assure you that if I was laying down $60k a year for my kid to go here, that would be changing real quick. FWIW, I would actually like to see one of these pinhead college preezy’s go through with something like this to see what the paying public and alumni would actually do. We hear all kinds of threats and so on, but would folks actually do anything.

10. TeddyOn20th says:

Question that may reveal my ignorance: how loud is the muezzin’s (that’s what that person is called, right?) call to prayer? As far as I know, Muslims have to wake up and pray quite often; often enough that it’s not possible to have eight consecutive hours of sleep, which is what the human body needs. How far would you have to be from this prayer call to be woken up by it?

11. joanfoster says:

The Angry Studies programs have complete control of Duke University since they hired Richard Broadhead from Yale as its President. Eight years ago they attempted to railroad three innocent lacrosse players accused of raping a drug addled local prostitute who is now in prison for murder in exchange for the good will of the zoning commission of Durham County.

Now, to add insult to injury, the alum have a new sport. Instead of going to the “Big Dance” with Coach K, Duke wants to go to the big butt show five times a day on the quad. What a disgrace this university has become.

12. TC says:

In an era when pretty much all conservative voices in the spotlight are emasculated pantywaists, it sure is refreshing to see someone, ANYONE, stand up to the PC BS and not back down.

13. Tkim says:

As Christians (my opinion) we have forgotten to be bold. We have for centuries quibbled about scripture among denominations and argued baptism, worship and every nuance of the message.

Worst of all is that non believers twist the words of Christ, using passages about turning the other cheek and gentleness and humility to silence us. And Christians who are not fortified with the Word are at a loss at how to refute them.

When you behave in a certain way and a true brother or sister Christian admonishes you in love, that is scriptural. And very rare. What usually happens is that you are righteously angry or standing firm and non believers (or those who follow Christ as if He were a Hallmark card sentiment) rebuke you and sneer and say something like,” Pretty angry for a Christian! Ha!” Or,”Who would Jesus discriminate against huh, hypocrite!”

That is abuse. It is a way to use your beliefs to silence or shame you. Remember, this is not done to Muslims, mostly because unlike Christians and Jews, the mocked Muslim reacts with violence. But there is something else; the same modern message that paints Muslims as gentle faithfuls and inner city gang members as embryonic astronauts about to make a seismic shift toward academics and away from their multi image rap sheet lifestyle.

It is time to be bold. And with boldness comes mockery, insults, sneering, jeering and probably a lot of blowback. We are in dark times and our little lights must be visible. Twenty years ago men and women chained themselves together in front of abortion clinics to protest the slaughter of babies. Today men and women chain themselves together to block streets to protest the death of men with criminal records who refused to follow police orders.

Of course we all have the right to make ourselves heard. But I was thinking of a line from Millay (To Jesus on His Birthday):
    “…the stone the angel rolled away with tears
    Is back upon your mouth these thousand years.”

Roll the stone away. Say His words. Be bold.

14. waltherppk says:

When muslim “prayer towers” start being erected in the U.S. they should be immediately dynamited. Period.

• Sandra says:

I always thought if someone puts up one of those call-to-prayer speakers in any neighborhood I frequent, I’ll use it as target practice.

• waltherppk says:

People get tired of just the bell ringers at the doors doing charity collections at Christmas …..ding ding ding… till you want to pay em just to stop ringing the damn bell. So imagine to what lengths people might go to get some peace and quiet from that arabic insult to the ears and shut that nerve grating noise nuisance down. It will get ugly quick.

• Pam says:

Christian church bell-ringing has been shut down in many places all across this country. And it started long before we ever heard of Obama. They used the excuse in urban areas that the noise disturbed other citizens.

• waltherppk says:

In any community where muslims start that minaret crap somebody should just crank up the old air raid sirens and let ’em blow loud and long to drown ’em out. Say its the new Apostolic Civil Defense Church of Immaculate Noise Making just practicing its religion, and let ’em blow loud and long.

• waltherppk says:

Fog horn and locomotive horn concerts would be good music too, to accompany air raid sirens. Even get the mill whistles in on the act. Modern jazz having a whole new meaning.

• waltherppk says:

A lot of folks have those panic buttons for their car alarms too. Flash mob anybody? just sayin’

• John Denney says:

A Coptic Christian immigrant friend of mine from Egypt said he hated the call to prayer. It was loud and obnoxious, and the first one was at 6 a.m.
      Said he’d try in vain to block it by covering his ears with his pillow.

15. auscitizenmom says:

“The university did not say whether the Muslim call to prayer would be “moderately amplified” at the new location.” I heard on FOX on several different shows that there would still be a call, just not from the chapel. So, you’re gonna hear it. Start writing and complaining, folks who live there.

16. When are people, institutions, etc. going to STAHP (alternative spelling on purpose) accommodating a handful of people at the risk of offending MANY? I am over it.

A few years back, the Minneapolis Community and Technical College used tax payer money to install foot baths to accommodate Muslim students. Yes, there are a LOT of Muslims/ Somalis in Minneapolis. BUT, PUBLIC FUNDS should NOT be used for religious accommodations, unless they are building a Christian worship area, a Jewish worship area, a Buddhist worship area, etc. Yet the Progressive wack jobs that support this kind of nonsense will be the first to complain about the Nativity Scene in the Public Square.

• auscitizenmom says:

A few years back, I read about a school who allowed muslims to pray in an empty classroom during recess instead of playing. They made a teacher stay with them to supervise, and they took down the American flag during this time. Now, remember there were to be no Christians prayers on school grounds. The teacher complained and the word got out, and I believe this practice was stopped.

• ytz4mee says:

When Proggie ideologues advocate for the “acceptance” of Islam in local public institutions, I ask if they also will not only advocate but actively support the right of Nazi sympathizers to assemble and proselytize. They recoil in horror, but I then recite the examples which demonstrate they are two sides of the same coin. Oppressive intolerant totalarianism.

• xschild says:

“used tax payer money to install foot baths to accommodate Muslim students.”
      A few years ago Great Britain installed squat toilets in public facilities to accommodate
      immigrant sensitivities to personal hygiene. Kid you not, in UK Daily.

• waltherppk says:

How much tax money was allocated for butt wiping attendants / hygiene associates? Taxpayers get the bill for everything else to accommodate “immigrants” so why not?

17. 7delta says:

“It sends a message of intolerance,” he (Ibrahim Hooper) said. “It sends a message that Duke is willing to bow to bigotry and intolerance. The American Muslim community feels targeted by this Islamaphobia we see online, on newspapers, on TV.”

Islamaphobia? The world is suffering Islamofatigue, which is rapidly turning into Islamorejectionism, because we’re tired of the Hoopers-of-the-world’s Adultaphobia. Stop whining, put on your big boy pants, Ibrahim. Muslims, tiny percentage of the U.S. population that they are, are free to worship as they see fit, as long as it does not violate state or federal laws. And no, muslims don’t get special laws, because they’re not special, just annoying and too many, like Ibrahim, are too ideologically dangerous and corrupt to appease or negotiate with. If Mr. Hooper thinks the pathological behavior of muslims makes them superior and that others should be ridiculed and frightened into silence when the mental toddlers want to take over the platform, then it’s Mr. Hooper who is intolerant…and that’s the least offensive thing he is.

…student Akshay Save said, calling it unfair to stigmatize Islam. “This is what we’re taught, to embrace diversity.”

Dump that idea right now, Akshay. Respect. Not tolerance. Tolerance is a one-way street where a minority demands the majority give up their rights to make the minority happy. Such happiness, built on the false notion that outside acquiescence will grant immature people internal peace over some feigned injustice, lasts for only the few seconds it takes for the perpetually selfish to start demanding more. Tolerance is kinda like Chinese food. Love it when you get it, but you’re hungry again in a hour. It has no substance, no meat. Something acquired through bad behavior has no value, especially when that thing was already yours, but you couldn’t enjoy it without demanding someone else give up their equal measure. Tolerance is a strategy, not an outcome.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. is a two-way street. You respect my rights. I respect yours. Mine end where yours begin. Yours end where mine begin. That line is sacred. Respect does not tolerate. It demands equal contributions and self-governance from all parties involved. Act like a spoiled brat, you will be treated like a spoiled brat. That’s life. Suck it up, cupcake, and work on being a better person yourself, a respectful person. By golly, you might even find that people won’t have to merely tolerate you anymore, but will actually respect you for your mature principles. Of course, that’s assuming you aren’t using tolerance as a strategy.

So, you can be as diverse as you want, as long as you don’t break the law or expect special treatment, respect my right to diverge from your diversity and embrace my own. Smile and be happy. Be grateful you don’t live in a country where it’s acceptable to cut the heads off people who are different. If we were as “intolerant” as Mr. Ibrahim, your head would already be rolling around, like what happens to people who embrace diversity in those wonderfully tolerant muslim countries that Mr. Ibrahim supports and demands we tolerate.

Nah, I’m not islamaphobic. I’m deceitaphobic. I just can’t muster up any respect or tolerance for liars. Whiny liars are the worst.

• ytz4mee says:

When I read about the pandering and capitulation to Islam, I lose all respect for the institution and justifiably view them with contempt.

There is no difference between making excuses for the ideology of Islam and the ideology of Nazism. The Mufti was an ally and advocate of Hitler – the only friction was the fact that Hitler wasn’t acting quickly enough or ruthlessly enough in exterminating Jews and other “undesirables” (homosexuals, the developmentally disabled, etc) in the Mufti’s viewpoint.

Advocating for right of Islamists to practice their virulent totalarian ideology is no different from advocating for the right of Nazis. Islam is not a “religion”, it meets all the benchmarks of a cult. It uses the premise of “religious expression” as a fig leaf to mask its evil and soulless philosophy.

To tolerate Islam is to tolerate intolerance.

• waltherppk says:

Knights Templars knew it was black and white a long time ago. When will the rest of the world figure it out?

• waltherppk says:

Three generations of my family has had to go to war and fight these “peace lover” ragheads in the past hundred years because of the need to stop their pillaging and murdering genocidal rampages. And for anybody who thinks todays muslims are somehow not your grandpas muslims but are some new kind of smart and enlightened muslims well I’ve got news for you, they are same ragheads they always were and the ISIS crew is nothing new. They are simply being the same savages they always were.

• waltherppk says:

The day you won’t have trouble from “muslim extremists” is the day when there aren’t any of them left breathing.

• 7delta says:

Exactly. I usually say Islam is a political ideology of conquest and totalitarianism veiled as a religion. Cult works too. It’s also why countries that aren’t suicidal are going to have define Islam as political, not religious, and limit the total muslim population, native and immigrant combined, in their countries to below 1%. Sorry, muslims chose this themselves. For those who will whine that it’s unfair to moderate muslims, I’m sorry. We can’t reform islam, They have to do it. So, do it, or be happy that you won’t have to put up the mainstream muslims that cause the problems because you’re in a country that won’t allow it and will protect you from it.

I recently read a quote by an imam or somebody who said that islam does not allow apostasy, because if they did, there would be no islam. Nah, ya think? It’s a pretty tiny diety that’s so insecure he has to keep his followers from rejecting him under the threat of death and send them to avenge his honor through murder and intimidation. That’s not honor, that’s an ego that has no honorable fruits to recommend it. If you have to force someone to love you or follow you, you get neither. You just get people trapped by the ego of fallen man. Some followers are just so warped, they enjoy the violent power trip more than others, which is why there will never be a peaceful islam, as it is written and practiced by its mainstream, even if the whole world were to be captured. They can’t stop killing each other over the true pillars of islam: lust for power and insecure egos.

18. bofh says:

Apparently the Duke administration “reimagined” their finances, minus a large chunk of the alumni contributions, and changed their plans. Isn’t there a board of trustees or equivalent for the school – were they really OK with this idea? It’d be nice to know who they are.

19. LetJusticePrevail" says:

I can’t believe that anyone wants to hear Muslims being called to prayer, or incantations like Allahu Akbar while (in other parts of the world Muslims are honoring people who commit murder in the name of Islam.

Scores Honor Perpetrators of French Attacks in Istanbul

They held a banner showing former al-Qaida leader Osama Bin Laden’s picture on one side, and the Kouachi brothers superimposed over the Parisian skyline on the other.

I wonder if the Turkish authorities raised any concerns over this display of unity with Al-Qaeda?

20. waltherppk says:

Virtually 100% of ALL muslim activity in the U.S. is 100% financed directly or through various front groups or money laundering operations by foreign governments which are adversarial to the U.S. and should correctly be identified as subversive, state sponsored seditious enterprise and SHUT DOWN because of exactly what it is.

21. Josh says:

“Muslim students have used the chapel basement for prayers for several years, he said, and most of the prayers would continue in the basement after the initial call in the quad, which he said is used for many interfaith activities.” “ …most of the prayers would continue in the basement…” “…most…” Incrementalism …

“In majority-Muslim countries across the globe, the adhan is broadcast from mosques and on television and radio stations five times a day to correspond with prayer times. On Fridays, the day of worship in Islam, sermons are also broadcast.” That’s fine but The United States of America ain’t no Muslim country!!!

““Our Muslim community enriches the university in countless ways,” Schoenfeld said.” How?!!

When I look at the picture of that guy in the bell tower, I think of Charles Whitman 😦

22. waltherppk says:

The Duke Chapel is thankfully not going to be a reprise of the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople

23. waltherppk says:

At the risk of being “preachy” I have to believe it was James 4, particularly verse 7 and 17 that gave Franklin guidance from God, and blessed him for listening.

24. High time to put the brakes on islamic Supremacism! Thank you Rev. Graham….may we all follow your lead!

25. MrRight says:

Another one that I found interesting traversing Europe.
    Some major airport now are having praying area, like at schiphol airport, and the sign is a man praying to allah. Do you think airport in arabic country have chapels ? No, they even confiscate bibles if you happen to carry one. Muslim simply are laughing at all this, at how gullible Westerners have become.

In my little town of about 65,000 , 2 new muslim organization where created in the past 5 years and one broke broke ground on a new mosque recently.
    In this case the source of the destruction is a local company, hiring in great numbers Idian and pakistani workers, The outrage really come when I knew that company was firing large number of people (during the financial meltdown) but my real estate agent told me that company just task them to find homes for about 20 Indian families… (Tip of the iceberg)

One eye opening statistic would be looking at the religious/race demographic of company like IBM, Apple, Google, Adobe, Intel, etc.. over the past 5 years. Even so the issue started long ago (about late 80s) it seem to have greatly accelerated in the past 5 years.

So am I surprised by this news? yes because its a direct slap in the face to nearly all American, but then it also fit the greed I see all around.
    I’m sure Duke would love to educate hundreds of Qatar And Saudi sons of the rich to directly access all that “desert oil sand” money
    Ultimately educating them to run and take over our industries and companies using daddy billions in jihady funds.

then again, maybe Duke can open a university in abu dabi and send their best teachers there?
    Like its been done by other world renowned faculties…

In this world, western values are upholded only by a minority. If we believe in those values, we need to fight for them and not be concerned to be incorrectly labeled. If we dont, be ready to eat allal meat, see minaret on your drive to work, never see again the face of another woman but your wife ? , …

Something not often mentioned, but white western culture is cherished by a very small minority in this world… We have everything to lose by turning over our countries to islam, one church at a time.

26. Michelle says:

I used to walk my dog at a local marina. A few years ago I was walking him near a tennis court and small park at the marina that had a basketball hoop. A Muslim family was enjoying the sunshine. Their son and daughter were shooting hoops. Dressed in a hijab, the daughter was quite outshining the son at basketball. The family paused for prayers to Mecca, then the children went back to playing basketball. The patriarch of the family chatted with me about my dog, who is unusually and noticeably intelligent. I have no problem with a man guarding the virginity of his daughter and the integrity of his family. I welcome to my country, people who contribute human capital. It seems to be the recent converts or criminal minded pseudo Muslims who have something to prove.

27. peppie says:

Praise God and pass the mashpotatoes! You go Franklin Graham.

28. Pingback: My Article Read (1-16-2015) | My Daily Musing

29. Pingback: 48 Hours: To Air The Jon Hayward, Vicki And Rebecca Friedli, Pinyon Pines Murder Case Tonight » Gossips

30. Cgen says:

If only the same thing can be done in Orlando! On September 1, 2015, the owner of the airport opted to tear down the chapel and build a mosque. This will invite Islam to all the families in that area! Basically, bringing terrorists just for profit. I’ve been trying to bring attention to the mega churches in Orlando. Not a single one did a thing about it. Thanks for endangering local families with your PC inaction, pastors!