A Group of Strangers Rise To Honor The Memory of Jessica Lane Chambers…

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” (Edmund Burke)

Angel AshleyPANOLA CO, MS (WMC) –   It’s been nearly two weeks, but now a memorial sits where someone set Jessica Chambers and her car on fire in Panola County, Mississippi.

A group of supporters raised money online to put toward the flowers.

The poinsettias sit where yellow crime scene tape and charred tree bark scarred the landscape once was. Though police previously asked that people not place memorials at the site to avoid possible road hazards, the individuals say they received permission from authorities.

Investigators have questioned more than 100 people, but they have not named a single person of interest or made any arrests.  (read more)

jessica flowers

A group of online supporters, who did not want to be identified, collected money to purchase the flowers. (Photo Source: WMC Action News 5)

Rumor has it… there are whisperings around Panola County because this group, these, these rag-tag supporters, have even bigger things in mind…  Oh my.

This entry was posted in justice for jessica, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to A Group of Strangers Rise To Honor The Memory of Jessica Lane Chambers…

1. carterzest says:

Great Job Ashley and all the others who helped with coordinating this. I am sharing the heck out of this. We will not rest until we find #JusticeforJessica!
    Wolverines!

2. Stormy says:

Bigger things in mind, indeed.

3. kinthenorthwest says:

That is so awesome—
    GREAT JOB TREEPERS and Ashley

4. I’m going to have a “Rag-Tag” t-shirt made……..

5. True Colors says:

They were feigning concern about road hazards? Seriously? On this extremely isolated little strip of back road in a town of only 500 people?

Gee, whatever will they do during rush hour?

Meanwhile, gangs and drugs are not a concern.

#priorities

TC

6. Kauaiisle says:

God rest her soul.

7. Casper says:

Thank you for putting those out. They look very pretty and we all appreciate the effort and time you put in during this busy Christmas season.

8. waltherppk says:

To keep color on that spot for long during cold weather, some potted bulbs will probably be needed. A local nursery would be good to contact. Varieties of camellias and a relative flowering evergreen shrub tend to bloom like clockwork by the day length ….the photo period triggers the bloom nearly accurate to the day each year, and a local would know which variety began flowering at that latitude and locale on about December 6 or 7 which would make that variety a good memorial plant for a permanent planting. If the variety is carefully chosen as a memorial plant it can bloom with amazing accuracy on the very day or within a day or two every year for decades after it is planted. Somebody mentioned sowing that hill with a wildflower variety that would be colorful in warmer weather, and a perennial verbena assorted colors would be good there as one of the choices.

• crossthread42 says:

May I suggest “Cyclamen”? OR–>
      •Hellebore
      •Mahomia
      Viburnum
      Cyclamen,, Less than a foot tall, this charming mounded plant thrives in any well-drained soil. Native to Europe, the Middle east and Northern Africa, its natural habitat is woods, rocky places and alpine meadows. The hardiness of individual species varies, but is generally zones 5 to 9.

9. Shannon says:

Ashley, a lady of strength with a great heart.

10. A truly awesome beautiful picture that made the day. I thank you with the bottom of my heart. When one person spreads the light we see the light.

11. kathyca says:

wtg Ashley and Treepers. That is lovely and changes the whole aura of that place from darkness to light.

• sundance says:

Exactly does right?

In an odd and splendid way the imagery portrays a retreating shadow to me. Ashley representing a fearless person of much light adds to the overall impact. It is a good thing.

It is most certainly a very good thing.

12. kinthenorthwest says:

WINGS of a BUTTERFLY
    Now you can fly, now you can soar
    So high above this world where troubles are no more
    The time has come to say goodbye
    And let your soul go to heaven on the wings of a butterfly

• Thanks neighbor……much appreciated in this time of senseless horror and mindless evil….. I’ve said this so much, that it must by now have become a “yawner”, but none-the-less……the nesters in this treehouse, those perched upon it’s branches and those still upon the trail to this destination, are for the most part the BEST that America has produced, and She has produced the FINEST!!!! I wear my “Wolverine” label with ALL the same pride as I did my US Army uniform. Sundance et al are the equivelent of Adams, Henry, Madison, Jefferson….etc. I love you all…..have a Merry Christmas, and may the New Year bring us closer to restoring the America we once knew….. GOD BLESS!

• jello333 says:

I’ve been on the Internet about 20 years, hung out at close to probably 100 blogs and groups, public and private. But not one has even come CLOSE to what I feel about this place.

• Me too my friend, me too. The one thing that sticks out for me about my time here, is the restoration of my HUMILITY!!!! There are few times ANYWHERE on this WWW where I am in tears, not because of the subject matter, but because of the response to same from the “occupants”, as here, in this Tree. If I were to compare this place, these people, to my closeness and ties with my Vietnam buddies that I would have died for, it would difficult. God Bless this site and all who make it possible….Sundance and the Mods….YOU ROCK!!!!!

• jello333 says:

Yes…. the voice of angel (Art Gunfunkel) fits perfectly with this.

• Jim Brown says:

S & G do a wonderful version of Bridge Over Troubled Water. But may I suggest this version by Eva Cassidy, considering her story; another angelic person whose life was cut short, this may be a more appropriate choice of artist to sing a ballad in honor of Jessica. Eva was not only an angelic person but IMHO one of the greatest female voices of all time. Listen and enjoy. I would also recommend her version of People Get Ready and What a Wonderful World, the last song she performed in public just before she died. simply an amazing talent that most people have never even heard of.

• Jim Brown says:

For anyone interested in Eva’s story there is an episode of ABC’s Nightline available on youtube called “The Eva Cassidy Story”. But be prepared and have plenty of Kleenex on hand, it is a real tear jerker to say the least. Personally, I cannot listen to any of her songs and not shed a tear thinking of her story, it should not be that way because she simply wanted to bring joy and happiness through her music to everybody, but it is what it is I guess. Sorry to get off topic.

13. Saying thank you Ashley doesn’t quite say enough- I’ve never met anyone who could pull hundreds of ribbons of love for someone and weave them into something so moving and meaningful. You made this happen for Jessica and I can’t stop smiling for her. I’m thankful to be part of this Treeper family and their huge expression of love for Jessica. #Justiceforjessica

14. carterzest says:

True Story:

I was darn near unable to speak when I finally got through to Lowe’s™, only to find out that some other blessed Treeper had cleared the shelves….I had my card ready….I was in tears….nearly bawling when she told me that they were all sold out. Without even considering my actions and words, and in tears, I told her that we wer’e gonna light this hill up for Jessica.

awkward pause

more awkward pause

DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT…..OMG!
    wer’e gonna light this hill up?

The associate came back with the most professionalism and neutrality I have ever experienced….she got it…..God Bless you woman!

I honestly cannot tell you what she said as I was in a panic over my previous words about “LIGHTING THE HILL UP”.

I was overjoyed, bawling, and all I could say is “God Bless you and Merry Christmas”.

She got it. She got this. She understood what was happening. From Portland to Batesville……

WE GOT THIS

#JusticeforJessica

by the light of God!

• cajunkelly says:

I imagine Jessica as the lighted angel atop the tree our tree house abides in.

But, in our own way, YES, we are lighting up that hill, with the light of God, and the sunshine of TRUTH!

In fact I think I’ll hang a lighted angel in a front window of our home, and it will stay there until there is Justice for Jessica.

15. MTeresa says:

I have to admit ……..I wonder if faced with this, would I have the courage to be the person to step up and say, Yes! I’ll be the one to step out of my comfort zone and do it! I hope I would be, but Ashley – I am so proud of you!!!!!! Thank you so much – from all of us – dare I include myself with the rest of these people I respect – the Treeprers. I hope that this expression of love and remembrance will prompt someone in this area to speak up. All it takes is one person to TELL THE TRUTH. Justice for Jessica.

• MT….I felt the same trepidation you are feeling when I first discovered this AWESOME site, and if memory serves me (at 62, even with sticky notes it doesn’t always), I came here with an attitude of (no difference, say what you would on Drudge, WND, etc.), but soon I found that this place, this Island in the Sea of Dispair is DIFFERENT than ANY “turnout” on the road to reclaim this Great Republic than any of the other offerings presented. Welcome……there is space on my limb, as there is on the limb of everyone here….. God Bless !

16. Those flowers were a sight for sore eyes! 🙂

Thank you, Ashley, Sundance, and ALL you awesome Treepers!

17. Mist'ears Mom says:

Simply beautiful and classy, a fitting memorial for this lovely young women gone too soon. Jessica deserves nothing less. Once again I am amazed and proud of CTH, Sundance and fellow treepers. Job well done.

18. Girlfromcali says:

Has anyone seen this as well
    It was posted by jack Edwards Tuson brother of Theresa Rudd?
    I feel sad for Jessica’s family and all but in the last couple of years in the same town a lot of young black men has been shot down in cold blood and it went through like the wind and one white girl gets kill and it shakes everybody up. I wonder when does one life means more than another. And trust me I don’t need any comments

• Aslan's Girl says:

Did anyone else there have lighter fluid poured down their nose and throat and then lit on fire? Gee, maybe that’s why this caught the attention of this community. FYI: DeAndre Joshua, a black man, was lit on fire in Ferguson and got the attention of this blog, too.

• justfactsplz says:

You made a very important point that I wish those that call us racist for seeking justice for Jessica would see. We did pay attention when the young black man was burned in Ferguson. If Jessica had been a black girl killed by white drug thugs we would still have sought justice for her. The truth has no agenda or knows no color boundaries.

• PatrickSMcNally says:

Why weren’t these people saying the same thing about the Michael Brown fiasco? Like you said, a lot of young black men are shot down in cold blood, usually by black criminals, and then when one black criminal (Michael Brown) is killed in a legitimate act of self-defense it shakes everybody up. Or at least liars like Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson like to pretend that it shook them up.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I will comment.
      There are people who have political beliefs that America is a terrible place, Christianity is a terrible religion, commerce/free trade is a terrible economic system to allow individuals to engage in, and that the nukelar family is a terrible institution.

These people believe that, once enough of us realize that we are being “oppressed” by these things, we will rise up in open, frank revolt.

They believe that a new government and economic system will then be ushered in.

This system will be communism.

They have written and spoken this direct, clear story here in the U.S. for over a hundred years.

To usher in this millennium of peace, they have to make all of us believe our current society is terrible.

So, they pick up on some murders if it fits their narrative, above. They ignore other murders when it does not fit their narrative.

A white person killing a Black person fits the narrative. A Black person killing a Black person does not fit the narrative. A Black person killing a white person fits the narrative IF it represents the roiling over of long-suffered “injustice” and oppression.

You can predict like a compass reading what the media will cover, and what the feds will investigate, following this guide.

Black lives, generally, don’t matter to these people. Individual lives do not matter to these people – they are “communists,” as in “communal” societal value over the individual.

The American philosophy and the Christian philosophy is that each and every life matters.

Our predominant philosophies are at direct odds with the communist philosophy.

Now, Girlfromcali, go advocate that the law do something about all of those Black lives. Genuine solutions, not those “blame Whitey” ideas from the communists. Good luck getting support from government in Cali.

• lovelyd24 says:

And trust me I don’t need any comments

Like the foul stinking mate who says, And trust me I don’t need any deodorant

The problem is that you will not benefit from any discourse, as your skewed narrative has defined your facts, and your incurious nature will not let you get out of your narrow view of reality.

• dizzymissl says:

Liked by the ever-present Sandy Rudd.

Shocking, I know.

• auscitizenmom says:

Well, it appears that young black men’s lives don’t matter to black people if they are killed by black people. So, go talk to THOSE people..

19. Ash says:

Is it just the angle of the picture or do the flowers cover the whole area the car would have occupied? It looks that way to me.

Either way it is a beautiful tribute that is long overdo.

Thanks to Ashley for having the courage to go out there and do this for everyone who wanted to help the world remember the beautiful light that was Jessica’s soul, much like these flowers, instead of the burnt ground that covered the hill.

Though I have read almost daily for the last couple years I don’t post very often, so I don’t feel I have the right to call myself a treeper, but I did want to say that I am proud of the work done here in search of the truth.

You all deserve an award for the investigative work you do. Considering those that control most media I realize you will not receive the recognition, but do know the one it matters to most does see it all and your reward will come from Him.

Well done good and faithful servants.

20. Aslan's Girl says:

Good on you, sundance and Treepers! Very proud to count myself among you.

21. numerzwei says:

It’s even better than I imagined. I nope that JLC loves it….. I am sure she does. I can’t help but smile when I look at it.

On another note…. I wonder if this helps reinforce to her murderer(s) realize that we are not going always.

22. White Hat JD says:

I swear I think I hear angels singing from those flowers.

23. amwick says:

Sundance, WR you guys are not a group of strangers. Not by a long shot. But I suppose it might be better to let the outside think that way… Thanks again Ashley, and all the Treepers. I just wanted to mention something. “The legend of the poinsettia is that a very poor child wanted to take a gift to a Christmas eve church service. This penniless child picked weeds from the side of the road. The congregation witnessed a miracle when the weeds turned into beautiful red and green flowers on the altar.” How fitting to remember JLC this way. Bless and keep you all.

• cajunkelly says:

Poinsettias were my Mother’s all time favorite flower at Christmas. So this is bringing back a flood of memories for me. Yes, she knew the story behind them. 🙂 Mom and Dad grew up during the depression so this story has great meaning for her.

While living in Florida, I found a place that always had HUGE, and I do mean HUGE poinsettias with the most glorious colors. Two pots of them would literally fill the back seat of our car. So, every year the back seat of our car was bursting with color during our trip home for Mom’s favorite holiday.

I never knew how she did it, but she actually kept a couple of them alive for 2 years!

• jello333 says:

Oh! I’ve never heard that about the poinsettia legend…. beautiful… and fits perfectly with this!

24. Kitten says:

How beautiful!God bless you!

25. I’m reminded of that quote from the Hobbit:

“Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I’ve found it is the small things. Everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay…. Simple acts of kindness and love.”

Thank you Ashley and everyone who was involved in this.

26. susieq2cute says:

I love this website! I found it through one of the websites I follow daily. . It was during the coverage of the Mike Brown case. I follow it daily now, too. Compare and contrast this lovely memorial to the Mike Brown memorial. Some idiots left lit candles and the Brown memorial burned down. But then again, they blamed the police. Keep up the good work!

• insomniakat says:

Same here. I found this site back in August while I was following the MB case. I’ve been reading here every day since, and just started posting during this case. There’s a poster here, I apologize, the name escapes me, who said something that’s so right on. This person posted: “I came for the truth, and stayed for the justice.”

27. Moishe Pipik says:

I can’t help but compare and contrast this memorial display to the pile of garbage, junk toys, and cheap bottles that other communities use to honor their departed.

• boogywstew says:

The “junk” toys might have a significance to the deceased or the person grieving. Still … I agree the flowers for Jessica are a class act IMHO.

• cajunkelly says:

I agree. I know where there’s an abandoned mining town in an old brush harbor church up in the foothills of the Ozarks with an all-but-forgotten grave yard. On and around each makeshift headstone there are various and sundry mementos; very old Avon bottles shaped like cars, animals, etc., pretty rocks, really tiny porcelain dolls, very old coins, wood carvings, sometimes just a pretty broken piece of glass. They used what they had.

• Lee Jan says:

I would rather not denigrate the way other communities choose to memorialize their lost person.

• jello333 says:

Actually, I think placing teddy bears is wonderful when a person dies, even if that person is no longer a little kid… BUT ONLY IF it’s for the type of person who would appreciate those teddy bears in life, who had the HEART to go with it. With Mike Brown, that was OBVIOUSLY not the case, so using them just seemed like a sick joke (not to mention a furtherance of an agenda).

• Irish Eyes says:

I think Moishe was referring to the booze bottles and drug paraphernalia.

28. Scott S says:

Thank you to everyone involved in this. What a wonderful sight to see. Ashley, you are simply amazing! I can’t express how much I appreciate your efforts. And of course, thank you, Sundance for your tireless efforts.

29. dizzymissl says:

Comment from Lisa’s mom on the news FB page:

Lisa Daugherty Amazing! As Jessica’s mother, I am truly blessed to have such supporters for Justice for Jessica! To the online group that did this for my baby I do not know you but I thank God for each and everyone of you! Fly High My Angel!

30. I am, and there are a great many more that you don’t know of who are, very proud of all of you here.

31. Nana says:

I started to read about Ferguson, but wasn’t paying particular attention until the 2 reporters (who will remain nameless) were physically removed from McDonalds and arrested. It offended my right of free speech and right or wrong it turn the light on in Ferguson. When I heard “set on fire and left to die” I didn’t care what sex, what race or if there was past offences. No One deserved that. So if beautiful flowers or any other plans turn the light on in Courtland, so be it. I have a beautiful daughter, small and mighty. She wasn’t perfect when she was 19, but she has become a sweet and courageous woman. Jessica never had that chance.

32. MicheleK says:

Ashley, her helpers & “Rag-Tag” team…Earthy Angels… “Thank You” It’s beautiful! I support #JusticeforJessica

33. Lee Jan says:

The folks who visit this site aren’t here to socialize but to get to work finding the truth. This place is special thanks to all who take their time and effort to get justice for all.

34. StormyeyesC says:

Beautiful! Thank you Ashley, very nice job, it looks amazing! Go Wolverines!

• Bruin says:

Nice – thanks for posting Stormy! There is so much darkness in this sad tale, but a little light is starting to spread! I am usually so cynical about so much in this tired old world but Christmas plus this wonderful gesture is melting my heart just a little …. 🙂 ….

35. ShepherdDawg says:

Would anyone be interested in holding a vigil of some type for Jessica in other parts of the country?

I live in Northern Virginia, and I’d be willing to participate in a memorial event or vigil for Jessica in my area. To make sure that she is not forgotten.

What do you guys think?

36. waltherppk says:

37. racerxx says:

I keep thinking it would be great if there was some kind of memorial service at the site as well. To put some type of spiritual healing/closure on it.
    Would it make sense to suggest on the J4J facebook page or somewhere?

• Betty says:

We all can’t travel to MS, but there is nothing to stop us from having an on-line live service. We could all lift that site up to God for healing and blessing. I know God is behind our efforts here. And whether Jessica knew God all her life or only found Him at Leah house, God knows and always knew that beautiful, trusting little girl, Jessica.

And He will not rest till He makes her enemies into a foot stool for her.

• ShepherdDawg says:

That is a wonderful and very thoughtful idea!

With regard to the second part of your post, by all accounts Jessica was a Christian who retained her faith through all of the abusive relationships, broken family circumstances, and pain she experienced.
        I wish my faith is as strong as hers!

38. Sha says:

Great Job Ashley ! The angel in you show’s……. and to all they gave, God Bless you all.

39. joshua says:

how about parking a truck in downtown Courtland with a sign on it that says “WHO KILLED JESSICA?”…could play Christmas Music over a loudspeaker as well.

40. maggiemoowho says:

Poinsettias: Flowers of The Holy Night. A beautiful and heartwarming memorial. Thank you and God Bless, Ashley, Sundance and Treepers.

41. archer52 says:

Well done. Keep up the pressure. Make them deal with this. If you don’t, it will fade.

Everybody knows who did it, the problem now is proving it.

42. justfactsplz says:

It is so evident why Ashley’s mother says she is so proud of her daughter. She took on a huge task and faced all kinds of resistance. I think she indeed is a Wolverine! God bless all who made this possible.

43. TNman says:

Thank you Ashley for your courage and work in placing this memorial.

44. This post is still alive.

Comments are closed.