Grandpa had previously taken his grandson to shooting and gun safety class.

Charlotte – Burglars had tried to break into George and Anna Marie Wyant’s home near Mint Hill at least twice, so they kept a pistol hidden in the house for protection, hoping they’d never have to use it.

On Tuesday, their 14-year-old grandson was visiting. He was sick with bronchitis, and Anna Marie, 73, had just had hip replacement surgery. They were taking care of each other while his mother and the rest of the family was at a Christmas party.

The teen was headed to the kitchen to make his grandmother a bowl of rice when they heard a back window break around 5:15 p.m.

A few minutes later, Anna Marie Wyant told a 911 operator what had happened.

“The man was breaking into the window,” she told the operator. “He was halfway in the window. My grandson told him to stop and get out of here and he didn’t so my grandson shot him. … Somebody just broke in the house and we shot him.”

The Wyants’ grandson can also be heard talking in the background: “I said ‘Who is it?’ and he wouldn’t stop. And he broke my – he broke my grandma’s window so I shot three times.”

Police have said they believe the fatal shooting Tuesday was justified. They say the teen was trying to protect himself and his grandmother. He has not been charged with a crime.

Delcid’s family could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

A shattered glass window and a section of the deck that had been hit by a gunshot were visible Wednesday, hours after police had left the scene.

The family had faced violence before.

On April 11, 2008, the Wyants’ son-in-law and the 14-year-old’s father, Gregorio “Greg” Hernandez, was working on a car at Greg’s Automotive, the shop he operated on Albemarle Road. Neighbors reported hearing shots and the sound of squealing tires leaving the scene. Police arrived to find Hernandez, 35, shot to death.

“He was a mechanic,” George Wyant said. “It was his garage. Someone came in and shot him to death.”

Two years later, a jury found Victor Vasquez guilty of first-degree murder for Hernandez’s killing. Vasquez was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. A co-defendant, Alfonzo Caballero, pleaded guilty in connection with the crime.

The Wyants’ grandson was 8 years old when his father died, but the killing was one of the things that led the Wyants to teach all their grandchildren to handle a gun once they were old enough. (Read More)

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, Polar Bear Hunting, Police action, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

89 Responses to 14-Year-Old Stops Home Invasion – Protecting Grandma Shoots One Thug Dead, The Other Apprehended… (Video)

1. firefly says:

Great Home Protection. He must have been taught, God Bless him!!

• elvischupacabra says:

That LAST sentence is absolutely spot-on, solid-gold!!!

“The Wyants’ grandson was 8 years old when his father died, but the killing was one of the things that led the Wyants to teach all their grandchildren to handle a gun once they were old enough.

Like was stated yesterday in the ‘bumper sticker of the day’, When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

• Josh says:

ALL children deserve a Grandpa like Mr. Wyant.

• Col.(R) Ken says:

My father taught me,( M1, 45 Colt revolver and automatic), and in our neighborhood you did not mess with the WW2 crowd. At times growing up, the Veterans would gather at our house on the back porch, for a weapons cleaning detail, bringing their M1s, Carbines, and 45s. Weapons were cleaned, beer was consumed, and stories were told. Never seen that many weapons in place, other than a gun store or Army weapons vault.

2. John Galt says:

“Investigators said Isai Robert Delcid, 18, was killed while he and his brother Carlos Delcid were trying to break into the rear of the Wyants’ home on Rolling Fields Road. The red brick home is in a neighborhood surrounded by Mint Hill that is unincorporated and served by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers. Carlos Delcid was in Mecklenburg jail charged with first-degree burglary.”

Felony Murder – Carlos is only 22 and will soon be out to commit hundreds of additional crimes with only a burglary charge.

3. tovex11 says:

Will be real interested in how this gets spun if the deceased was the wrong color. Maybe he was just a gentle giant in need of Skittles, no danger to anyone.
    It’s sad this is my knee jerk reaction, maybe I should limit my exposure to reality.

4. partyzantski says:

I’ll bet the press does not invent the term “black hispanic” to describe him.

5. Pingback: 14-Year-Old Stops Home Invasion – Protecting Grandma Shoots One Thug Dead, The Other Apprehended… (Video) | RINO Blog Watch

6. Alaskagurl says:

Now thats how you protect your Grandma Kid, Nice Job!

7. Lee says:

He did what he had to do and I pray, no one ever tells him different. I also hope he is never forced to relive it because of nonsense lawsuits and anti-gun fanatics. You stayed alive and you kept your grandmother safe – God Bless!

• Lars says:

Brochitis is a Godsend.

• Josh says:

That the lad did what he did WHILE HE HAD BRONCHITIS makes him, at the age of 14, more man than most males will ever be.

As a young person and into my 20s & 30s I suffered, at least, an annual bout with bronchitis. It laid me out flat and rendered me useless every time.

All hail, the grandson!
        Hip, hip, hurrah!

8. kinthenorthwest says:

In our area murder rates have risen horrendously and way over 90% are by Hispanic and Hispanic gang violence. Where Tri-Cities once only have maybe one or two murders a year, they now have more than one a month due to Hispanics and Hispanic gangs. In the last 3 months there have been around a dozen murders all due to Hispanics or Hispanic gangs.

9. Kitten says:

Good call,he’s a hero!

10. Ellie says:

It’s too bad the grandson wasn’t able to kill the accomplice as well. Human garbage who scavenge and feed off of decent, law-abiding people. I’m sorry, but stories like this make me very angry. This is the kind of garbage the US imports these days. America, don’t ever give up your right to own a gun.

11. Attorney says:

One less savage to terrorize others.

12. alan says:

There is no reason that his bro should NOT be charged with felony murder. If someone dies during a commission of a crime (even one of the bad guys) THAT is felony murder.

13. numerzwei says:

When I get old, I need a grandson like this to make my rice. Praying that everything works out for them legally.

14. Akela says:

Because the surviving predator is a Mexican there will be little or nothing said. Now if he happened to be one of barry’s endangered species the media would be all over it.

15. archer52 says:

Absolutely justified. I had a state attorney argue with me that climbing through a bathroom window did not constitute “stealthful entry”. I nearly suffered a stroke! I told her how many friends did she have who came over to visit and climbed through her bathroom window? None? Because it isn’t right you stupid..ignorant,… (Darn, there goes the rest of my function brain cells)…

Anyway, I told her if someone climbed through my bathroom window, the responding units would find him hanging halfway in, with a hole in his forehead you could drive a truck through.

She hung up.

lawyers, on my bucket list…

16. This story was in our local paper this morning with no mention of the perps names or race. We live about an hour and a half west of Charlotte.
    I come to the Treehouse this morning and not only is all the info in Sundance’s article, but a photo is posted in the comments.
    I’m proud to be a Wolverine!

17. elvischupacabra says:

Lest we make light of it, the taking of a life, no matter the circumstances, stays with a normal person for the rest of that person’s life. That he was protecting his life and the life of his grandmother will no-doubt mitigate those feelings some, but a normal person, who feels compassion and empathy, will be affected to some extent. I’m also sure that the trauma of losing his own father to violence will color those feelings and perceptions, to the extent that he understands the whole violence-grief-loss paradigm and can empathize with the victim’s family more than we can imagine. On the other hand, he understands the profound sense of loss and grief which his successful defense of both his life and his grandmother’s life, spared his family.

18. Ziiggii says:

FWIW – this is in my town, my backyard! Literally 10-15 minutes from my families house.

I have already told my spouse that if this ever happens to us in our home when I’m not there she is to do just 2 things; dial 911 and drop the phone, leaving the line open and secondly grab my 30-06 and make the announcement! Thats it…

• Ziiggii says:

and yes, there is a large latino population in Charlotte, especially in certain parts of towns. North Carolina is also a favorite destination for undocumented aliens. And we recently had a bill introduced that would allow the DMV to grant Drivers Licenses to these same aliens without any real documentation at all.

I have worked closely with known undocumented aliens (not my choice, actually called out the owners and managers often for this) and loved working with them. They work very hard, cared for their families and each other well, but that was never a substitute for the lack of respect I had for them in regards to how they chose to follow the American Dream. I would get into very heated discussions with them over that very issue. They would often laugh at me, mostly due to my lack of good conversational Spanish, saying I did not understand because I was an American and never lived where they were from in Durango, Mexico.

There is a large amount of Latino on Latino crime in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Metro. Most involve burglury or theft, but there is also another large portion of assaults and murders. Many DUI’s and death by vehicle due to DUI’s.

• Ziiggii says:

Last comment is out of frustration at the lack of any information released by the Panola County, MS officials.

This event happened Tuesday and it is now Thursday and we already have a good description of what occurred as well as copies of the 911 call and what was said.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU DA CHAMPION AND SHERIFF DARBY?

Nothing? 10 days has past and NOTHING but “Ali has been cleared from involvement…”

WTF!!!!!!!!

19. Lars says:

Having a gun to protect your family is proof that God loves you.

20. Lars says:

Think of all the “Prosecutors” out there who had their fathers taken from them because of an ambush. Robert McCulloch, God Bless you even though you were a founder of the obama truth squad, at least you did the right thing in the Mike Brown ambush.

21. True Colors says:

When word of this gets out it will make the local neighborhood safer for a while.

Anyone remember the Bernard Goetz case? In a matter of mere seconds, he single handedly did more to promote passenger safety in subways than the entire NYPD had been able to accomplish in years.

TC

22. People should properly train their children from a young age. Our children, when very young, knew guns were dangerous (like the stove, outlets, etc.) and they were NOT TO TOUCH. They are also used to seeing Mama and Daddy carry a pistol. They understand that guns are to protect us, and our 7 year old is getting started on a .22 long gun with Daddy at the range. With all the bad things that happen, I feel it gives our children a sense of security to know that Daddy and Mama take extra steps to make sure they are safe.

Thank goodness this 14 year old boy knew what to do or this could have turned out very badly.

23. CM says:

Awesome job by this lad! Teaching kids to respect firearms the right way, is the only way. It eliminates curiosity & accidents.

I was taught by my grandfather as a young girl. Starting with: “never point a gun, unless you intend to kill them.” Also “shoot to kill.”
    He was an avid collector of. Former Navy aerial gunner (WWII), NASA, & a fed agency that “didn’t exist.” Both he & my grandmother carried their guns everywhere, his sat on seat next to him in the car- always.

My husband in the last year took our son- then 11, & daughter-then 16 to a gun range. Each separately. And they handled & fired various firearms. They firsthand understand by seeing & feeling, the power behind. Along with the respect for guns so necessary.

24. John Denney says:

Texas A&M student body votes to allow concealed carry on campus.

In opposition:
    “Christopher Lyons, the president of the [ Graduate and Professional Student] Council, stressed the need to feel safe and keep guns off the university’s campus altogether.”

The need to feel safe?

The old “4 Spiritual Laws” tract had a graphic of a train – the engine was the facts, the coal car was your faith, and the caboose was your feelings. You put your faith in the facts, and your feelings just trail along behind.

This guy seems to be putting the caboose first, rather like putting the cart before the horse.

Also, for many, being defenseless does not enhance the feeling of being safe.