Wednesday Open Thread – December 17th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

215 Responses to Wednesday Open Thread – December 17th

1. ctdar says:

I had the honor of laying one of the 7 Ceremonial Wreaths during our service in CT 🙂

2. I see some are trying to act like witness #40 was a “key witness” which the grand jury relied on BUT from what I understand the grand jury knew she was lying and the reason I say that is because of this: “But prosecutors revealed she posted a racist comment online on the day of the shooting that read “they need to kill the [expletive expletive]. It’s like an ape fest.”
    And when questioned about what she allegedly saw, she admitted to having gathered some details from news reports.”
    I want to know what you guys think. What I am saying is people are running with stories claiming that the grand jury was fooled by witness #40 but from what I understand, if she was questioned and admitted to having gathered some details from news reports that is what the grand jury had available to them, the grand jury was informed that she was making things up so all these people acting like it is some sort of bombshell that she lied are being deceptive. Does anyone have an opinion about this? You see some news outlets are giving an impression that the grand jury relied on her testimony but is it not the case that the grand jury had access to the part where “prosecutors revealed she posted a racist comment online” and that “when questioned about what she allegedly saw, she admitted to having gathered some details from news reports.” Does anyone know exactly where that is in the documents?

3. the last surviving centrist, hanging on for dear life says:

White crime is a terrible thing. Do you think it starts with meth, or the collapse of the white family? Please weigh in! I need to understand this phenomenon. My (black) wife and I have been fretting about the fact that so many of the mass shootings in America during the last few years have been at the hands of white guys with guns. There was one period this past year when it seemed like every few days had another mass shooting. She started looking at me funny. NO husband wants that.

4. taqiyyologist says:

Best quote ever, today:

“But Michele Obama goes through life like a china shop in a stockyard, looking to be shattered by hoof-fall.”

5. Josh says:

Stories about good officers are all over the internet. The story below is good but I want to question the adults in this young man’s life. My point in posting this however is to show that good officers exist. In fact, they are all over the place.

Police officer goes beyond duty

6. Josh says:

I was just speaking with someone about appreciating those we love even when they make pests of themselves. This video came to mind. Thought I’d share it here:
    Last tribute at the funeral: touching speech

7. WeeWeed says:

I feel the need. And y’all know I like teh Aaron.

8. nyetneetot says:

A husband looking through the paper came upon a study that said women use more words than men. It read, “Men use about 15,000 words per day, but women use 30,000.”
    Excited to prove to his wife that he had been right all along when he accused her of talking too much, he showed her the study results.
    The wife thought for a while, then finally she said to her husband, “It’s because we have to repeat everything we say.”
    The husband said “What?”

• taqiyyologist says:

A woman, walking through the Arabian desert, finds a brass lamp.

She rubs it, and after a great amount of smoke and sound, a genie appears.

He says, “I will grant you one wish.”

She says, “I wish I were more intelligent!”

The genie turns her into a man.

(I am SO going to be banished to spam-jail for this!)

9. Lucille says:

Obama Bible Verses
    “President Obama mixed up some Bible passages during a recent appearance touting his executive immigration action, mangling a passage from Matthew and thinking the oft-heard “glass houses” saying was also from the Good Book (it isn’t). Twitter users pounced, offering their own proposed POTUS passages at #ObamaBibleVerses. Here’ a look, illustrated by NRO.”