Tuesday Open Thread – October 28th

tomb of the unknown - memorial dayOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

135 Responses to Tuesday Open Thread – October 28th

1. czarowniczy says:

While we were distracted by Ferguson, Ebola and other bright things dangled on strings – ISIS is claiming it has captured and beheaded Rehana, the Kurdish female poster fighter of Kobane fame. The Kurds say she hasn’t been captured or beheaded, no video yet – sheesh, you’d think the Kurds would have pulled her from the fight and sent her off on a tour to gather support. I’m sure that ABC would have gotten her a slot on Dancing With the Stars, that might have gotten the stolid TV-watching public at least a bit interested in Kobane.
    Meanwhile, ISIS is pulling a major Chechen field commander from his position in Iraq, where he’s part of the group attacking the Yezidi, to Kobane. ISIS is still trying to counter US air strikes by moving fighters and heavy weapons to other areas, diluting the target pools. Watch for more suicide attacks by ISIS as they are harder for coalition (sheesh, US) forces to counter. It’s been 7 days now since Turkey said it would allow Pesh fighters to cross from Turkey into Kobane – anyone heard of companies of well-armed Pesh crossing yet? ISIS still hasn’t cut the crossing area yet – probably what’s holding the Turks up – but rumors are that there are yet more ISIS fighters, especially foreign Muj, being brought in – wonder if our Chech commander will be deploying them. The ISIS folks are well known to use their foreign volunteers as suicide corps, maybe we have the start of a 72-virgin wingding in the making.

• elvischupacabra says:

It’s time to call DuPont and get ’em to cranking out napalm, once again!

Ah, the good old days!

• canadacan says:

Napalm now there’s a thought

• Col.(R)Ken says:

Elvis, now we are talking, instead of B52’s carport bombing with Iron, drop napalm! Maybe we can have another “famous” photo, instead of the little girl running away, we could have these ragheads running away, yelling and screaming all the way to hell!

• Maybe it is time to stop calling Islamists “ragheads.” As far as I know and have seen, Muslim men DO NOT wear turbans. Arab princes are NOT Islaamists – in fact, though the Saudis allow terrorist schools, they themselves do not engage in terrorism. The Saudi guys who flew into the Towers were not affiliated in any way with the Saudi govt.

• elvischupacabra says:

Mix in some snake-eye (MK82s, I think they were) high-drag bombs, and we’d have the old volatile mixture of “nape and snakes”. Aside from the pure esoteric value of being able to call for “nape and snakes” the good guys could come in low and lay a carpet of pure hell and destruction on that ISIS Tango mob. Nothing like peering over the rim of your fighting hole and feeling the “whuuu-humpf” of them snakes, followed by the “hoooo-wooooop” and heat of the napalm.

“Git some! Git some! Git some! Hey!”

And… it leaves ’em smiling! YOU know what that means, eh Colonel? 😆

“Look, Gunny! Gomers are all grinnin’ at us! “Hey! Hey! Why they grinnin’ like that Gunny?”

“Shut up! Don’t bunch up, sh!tbird!”

• Col.(R)Ken says:

yes Elvis, I know the feeling, as a young infantrymen/ cavalrymen, got more of that in ’90/91, before the boys and girls crossed the LD/LC. And I want to thank all of the taxpayers for funding that 16 million dollar Apache. In addition, the honor to command your sons/daughters who excell in every task that was trusted upon us.

• czarowniczy says:

There’s betterer stuff than napalm, just don’t have the White House balls to use it – and I’m talking non-nuke

• ‘Rehana is alive and well… ISIS fanatics have NOT beheaded her’: Poster girl for Kurdish freedom fighters escaped Kobane hellhole, friends tell MailOnline ”

• czarowniczy says:

Both sides have good propaganda reason to hold onto their stories – I’m reserving judgement until she surfaces an does a live interview. Both sides were saying ‘Yes’ and ”no’ within hours of each other and it just may be a propaganda war.

• elvischupacabra says:

Notice the “Øbama message” she seems to be sending with her right hand. Notice too, that he tac-vest is adjusted almost as small as it will go. She’s a little bitty thing.

• czarowniczy says:

To me this is getting scary. We are led to believe that the fighters are a bunch of local goat herders led by some bearded Shaka Screwloose who’s just been fantastically lucky. What’s going on is far from that, their strategic goals are more military than we are letting on, as are their tactical skills.
      ISIS is attracting fighters from all over, even Chechnya, whose fighters are also showing up in a number of areas now that things with the Russians are in a temporary lull. The fight is becoming more international, though it appears that ISIS uses the foreigners more as cannon fodder, preferring to save the homies whenever it can. They don’t seem to have much trouble attracting new volunteers or equipment, and those troubling rumors that the Turks are also supplying ISIS just won’t go away. If ISIS were a threat to Turkey it would have reacted defensively and effectively long before now, especially with ISIS all along the southern Turkish border, but no, Turkey sits ad waits even though it could severely damage the ISIS campaign at a moment’s notice. Turkey still has more national-interest reasons to help than fight ISIS. Now I see Turkey biting its nails as it thought the ISIS campaign to cut the Turkish/Kobane crossing area would be over by now, giving it a reason to cancel the Pesh crossing and let ISIS continue on its way to help Turkey with its regional goals..

• texan59 says:

While not as tuned in to the local politics as you, I would agree that Turkey is no doubt biting it’s collective nails. Surely someone there has had the idea run through their muddled mind that these guys are on one level, rather unhinged and could come to bite us on the metaphorical and literal azz.

• czarowniczy says:

Turkey holds all of the cards. Russia won’t dare intervene on the ground in Syria en masse, I’m sure Assad’s already asked. Both Russia and the US need Turkey as the stabilizing power in the area, Turkey wants a Sunni regime in Syria and the Kurds hurt so badly that they won’t be a threat to Turkish interests. Do you see any down side here for Turkey?
          The US and Russia have a history of letting hundreds of thousands die in battles that effect their national interests. This mess reminds me of the Indian/Pakistani War of 1971 where Kissinger decided that realpolitik dictated the US supported Pakistan against India in a war that had a direct effect on our mes sin Afghanistan today. Yeah, it does come back to bite you and in ways/places that can be a surprise.

• Col.(R)Ken says:

Cars, I had forgotten that little mess.

• czarowniczy says:

Those who (forget) history are doomed to repeat it. That little Kissinger/Nixon mess went a long way to putting us where we are today yet it seems to have fallen between the historical cracks.

• Col.(R)Ken says:

Caz, yes, and the military has always fought the last war, until now. There are many buzz words going around describing our doctrine. As the WW2 Germans said, who spent a lot of time and effort reading our doctrine, “we don’t really adhere to our doctrine”. Why is that? Due to is all personally driven. When Duke Six says….. And you know that is incorrect, do you tense with him during the back brief or just smile shake your head and say: Roger, Sir.

• czarowniczy says:

Yep, people forget that the staph…whoops…staff officers plan and the enlisted and company grade do. I remember the various war college journals going on about asymmetrical warfare once the USSR imploded but the big hidebound strategic types just couldn’t make that low-speed course correction. “ARRRRGGGHHHHHH – NO FULDA GAP – WHAT WILL WE EEEEVVVVEEEERRRRR DOOOOOOOO?!” Now we’re belt loops deep in a quasi-guerrilla with China and Russia moving back to the big set-piece air-land battle. Germans read other people’s doctrines – such as Rommel studying other European nations’ tactics and formulating his own. Ditto the Blitzkrieg and German naval doctrine. We get lucky and out of the stew of flag officers God seems to pluck the ones we need out and put them in place – who saw Schwarzkopf coming?
                  I sweat what this POtuS has done to the leadership selection process. This mess we’re in is dynamic and not static like the Cold War, and it’s growing bigger and bigger. We need politician generals like Ike and MacArthur, not another Shalikashvili, and this POtuS just doesn’t seem to get it.

• czarowniczy says:

I did send an answer, honest, let’s see if it’s in Spam Hell.

• maryfrommarin says:

Gets crowded down there sometimes, doesn’t it?

• czarowniczy says:

With this Administration in power they’re going to have to open a satellite branch

• Josh says:

Of course, you are correct czar. This thing is bigger, much bigger, than we are being told and yes, it is international. Hang on to your hats, boys, this ride is going to get much stranger.

• czarowniczy says:

The US and Europe have short memories and a limited idea of how things now will have an effect on things to come. The last hundred or so years of history are rife with decisions which seemed good in the short term but came back to bite us later and we don’t seem to doin’ no mo’ betterer.

• lovemygirl says:

I just saw one of his ads. I’ll see if anyone has set up something for his church to receive money to replace that which was stolen and broken.

2. LandauMurphyFan says:

Speaking of Chicago, seems that some Maryland voting machines have the same pesky “calibration problems” that so inexplicably plagued voting machines in Chicago – you know, the ones where all votes were automatically Democrat.

3. maryfrommarin says:

Apologies if already posted:

Tufts University Hosting Islamists to Train Students in ‘Direct Action’

“A controversial Islamist group will gather at Tufts University on Friday for a weekend-long conference that will include training students to take “direct action” against pro-Israel and Jewish students on U.S. campuses, according to a schedule of the conference obtained by the Free Beacon.

The event, held by Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), which is run by the American Muslims for Palestine, has raised concerns among students who feel threatened by the group’s highly aggressive—and sometimes violent—tactics…”

4. maryfrommarin says:

Insights/comments on the medical approach to ebola, from “Doc Grouch”, an Internal Medicine/Pulmonary/Critical Care physician in the Appalachian area:

Doc Grouch Sends

“This week, after copious amounts of useless BS, woe is me, and Statist talking points, the New England Journal of Medicine published the first paper that is a highly detailed case report of what an Ebola patient actually suffers from, and how they are dealt with using First World medicine. This was published by a German BSL 4 facility, and I commend its reading, to include the supplementary appendix, to all readers that are in the health care business…”

5. maryfrommarin says:

Not Just Doctors, Scotland Bill Would Allow ANYONE to Do an Assisted Suicide [emphasis mine]

…“What do you want to be when you grow up, Bonnie?” “I want to help people kill themselves, Ma!” “That’s a good girl”…

6. lovemygirl says:

On a proud papa note: My daughter qualified for point in ballet. She got her first shoes and was told to get the Russian ones. I have little idea what a lot of it means except the Rusky shoes are expensive. I was told that most don’t get those as their first pair but my daughter’s feet were so strong she would do best with them. We were taught how to sew the laces? (like ribbons that wrap around her legs) on to the shoes and she got a pin. My little ballerina is growing up fast. 🙂

• Sha says:

You better learn what all that stuff means because you are going to be hearing a lot about it if she’s that good lol ! 🙂

• rashomon says:

Buy a foot bath and invest in epsom salts. She’ll need to take good care of those feet. Congratulations to her for all her hard work, both to date and ahead. (The “good shoes” are worth the expense as their box protects her better than the cheaper ones.)

• Josh says:

Excellent advise. Don’t spare the expense. Get the best. Her feet, and especially toes, will thank you for it.

Congratulations, LMG!

• tappin52 says:

Congrats, proud papa. That was always a dream of mine, alas, never a reality.

• thefirstab says:

Congrats to your daughter – now I can offer some tips instead of just picking everybody’s brains here!
      I have taught dance (many forms incl ballroom) but classical ballet is my favorite; studied many years the various techniques – and taught many girls the strengthening exercises to begin pointe work. So exciting for them but also heartbreaking for those not able to master it.
      Tip #1 – ribbons. NEVER should stick out or be tied in a visible bow. After wrapping around ankle, tie in secure knot on inside of ankle, and tuck under other ribbon.
      Tip #2 – depending on her teacher’s requirements, some shoes now come with heavy duty shanks to prolong use of practice shoes. My daughter’s feet were also strong and wore them out in 3-4 months. Our go-to brand was Bloch,
      Class dismissed!

• sloth1963 says:

Not much to add but the fit of the shoe is extremely important. My daughter swears by Bloch but started with Russians. Capezios were never an option. The time and commitment my daughter has dedicated to dance is an inspiration to me. So is the time and commitment my wife has dedicated to homeschooling.

• ctdar says:

Congratulations to your daughter on such an accomplishment!

7. Murse says:

““A mass movement,” wrote Eric Hoffer in “The True Believer,” “appeals not to those intent on bolstering and advancing a cherished self, but to those who crave to be rid of an unwanted self.
    “Their innermost craving is for a new life—a rebirth—or, failing this, a chance to acquire new elements of pride, confidence, hope, a sense of purpose, and worth by an identification with a holy cause.”

Please share this article by using the link below. When you cut and paste an article, Taki’s Magazine misses out on traffic, and our writers don’t get paid for their work. Email editors@takimag.com to buy additional rights. http://takimag.com/article/terrorism_the_true_believer_patrick_buchanan/print#ixzz3HQ9fxcSl

8. LandauMurphyFan says:

I saw a comment on another site this evening referencing Nurse Pham’s unexpected (i.e., unexpectedly healthy) appearance after her brush with Ebola, and I remember a few people commented on it here too, a day or two ago. A couple of thoughts come to mind.

First, she might just be incredibly photogenic. Second, what with the VIP meetings she had lined up and the press she might be expected to encounter, it seems quite possible to me that she was professionally made up, courtesy of an administration determined to convince the public that Ebola isn’t really so bad. (Not that it would be presented to her in those terms.) Third, there are some things I’ve read about Nurse Pham that lead me to think she’s a Christian, which ties in with something personal to me. Let me explain.

Back in January, I was told I had cancer. Shortly thereafter, I had surgery. And when I went in for my first post-surgical check-up to see how the wound was healing, the exchange went something like this:

Surgeon (w/o looking up from paperwork): How are you?
    Me (cheerfully): Just fine.
    Surgeon (glancing up): That’s goo… (Looking stunned) Wow! You really DO feel fine, don’t you? You look great! Really. Seriously. You look amazing!

I got the same reaction time and time again from people who, knowing what I’d just been through, would start off looking serious and sympathetic and then actually look at me and do a double take. Like Nurse Pham, I looked so good I almost glowed with health. And while this may not hold true for her, I know that in my own case, it was simply my body reflecting what was going on in my spirit. Never have I felt the presence of Jesus so intensely in my life. From the moment of diagnosis, He was literally beside me every step of the way, offering me a shoulder to lean on, wrapping me in the soft, shimmering cloak of His love. Fear? How could I feel fear when I was surrounded by such love? Death? Who could fear death of the body when it meant eternity spent in His presence? I was living the 23rd Psalm every day. It was an experience beyond anything I’ve known or imagined, and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

Did Nurse Pham have the privilege of that same joy? I hope so, for her sake. And one day, when your time here draws to a close, I hope you have it too.

9. carterzest says:

Meanwhile, in the City of Roses, the stopover city the day after for the airplane who transported Duncan to Dallas, we have a possible case of O’Bola…

10. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels! Last week to early vote!

photo nyny.jpg

11. stella says:

These people are doing God’s work – rescuing child sex slaves:

One of the team is Chelsie Hightower (Dancing With The Stars)

• Josh says:

The sex slave trade is bigger than most any of us can imagine. You’d be surprised who some of its customers are. I venture to guess it is in most every county in America.

12. Tkim says:

Today’s Google banner is one for our dear Stella!

13. texan59 says:

Mornin’ all. Coffee up. 🙂

• elvischupacabra says:

As far as I’m concerned, Christy Cream is DONE.

• 2x4x8 says:

The funniest part of that is Crispy Cream was willing to come to Wisconsin to personally campaign for Walker, uninvited mind you, and unwanted, only for his own selfish purposes in an attempt to get exposure for himself, and not just his waistline, ahead of a potential 2016 run for the Republican nomination for President.

So the guy Walker is struggling in a close race for re-election, Crispy Cream as head of Republican Governors Association could send a cash donation, but just interested in donuts instead. Oh well, the National Republican Senate Committee is busy doing the same thing. Support RINO’s and prevent TeaParty candidates.

14. CCG says:

Remember Shanesha Taylor, the mother who left her children in the car while she went on a job interview and received an outpouring of sympathy and money. State is getting ready to reinstate prosecution against her. The woman who started the fund for her also speaks out…watch the video.

FTA…

“The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office filed a motion late Monday to reinstate the prosecution of Shanesha Taylor, the job-seeking mother who left her two toddlers in a car during an interview in March, on charges of child abuse.

Prosecutors made the motion after Taylor failed to meet a deadline to deposit $60,000 in a trust fund for her children. Instead, Taylor asked the judge for a decrease in the total amount that she originally agreed to deposit.

Her request left the prosecutors wondering aloud what happened to the more than $114,700 she received in public donations after her March arrest, and a judge asked her to produce bank statements by a hearing on Wednesday.

About 4,000 donors contributed to a fundraising webpage set up on Taylor’s behalf at youcaring.com after her teary-eyed mugshot went viral. Taylor told authorities she left the children in the car during her job interview because she couldn’t find day care.”

15. “John Cantlie: British hostage ‘reports’ from Kobani in new ISIS propaganda video”

16. texan59 says:

Nearly every day, I hear someone b*tching about minimum wage/living wage, blah, blah, blah. I’ve posted the stats before, which were from 2011. Well, the 2013 figures are out, as produced by The Federal Gov’t., and the % of people who actually have a job, and are at or below minimum wage, has gone down. The total number of hourly wage employees in 2013 age 16 and over was –

75,938,900
    Age 16 -19 4,089,000
    Age 19 – 24 11,021,000
    Age 25 > 60,838,000

At or below minimum wage – 3,300,000
    Age 16 – 19 797,000
    Age 19 – 24 866,000
    Age 25 > 1,638,000

Breakout of total working at or below minimum wage –
    Age 16 – 19 – 19.5%
    Age 19 – 24 – 11.0%
    Age 25> – 2.7%

Total hourly employees at minimum wage or below against all hourly employees is 4.3%

The takeaway and your argument is this – the % of folks at or below minimum wage is going down. The majority of those at or below minimum wage are under the age of 24, which means it’s more likely that they have limited or no skills. In 2011, the % at or below was over 5%. Ask them again if they want their burger flipper or convenience store worker to be getting that magical $15/hr they keep talking about.

Click to access minwage2013.pdf

• doodahdaze says:

This election is all about…..? Well, it seems to be about nothing except …Obama, or not Obama. Who knows? The lofo voter has sure got plenty of nofo to base his vote on. “He be worse than me” seems to be the main issue.

• 2x4x8 says:

One of the other reasons for the wide spread popularity of an increase in the minimum wage is that there is a lot of people that are hovering above the minimum and are disappointed in the lack of serious wage increases, especially going into the 6th year of an economic recovery, and unhappy that the basic hands on, getting dirty grunt work they do that brings in the profits and has caused the stock market to double, has not translated to more money for their blue collar work ethic, while we hear about the effort of white collar types getting taken care of.

• What about the people that have worked their way up and /or educated themselves? The ones that make Min. Wage plus 20% — will they be set back to minimum wage? What’s the solution to that? Those are the people actually TRYING to support a family on low wages.

• 2x4x8 says:

A minimum wage increase is a realignment of all low to middle class wages, all across the spectrum. If min goes up from $7 to $15 those that worked their way up to $15 will eventually be boosted further up the ladder.

For example:
          A Dock Worker is paid $10
          A Forklift operator is paid $15
          A Truck Driver is paid $20

if minimum goes from $7 to $15, then the Dock Worker is likely to get $20, Forklift $25 and Truck Drivers $30

• Eventually is the problem. The unions get their ‘raise’ immediately. The price of fuel, groceries, etc don’t wait for eventually. The $500 these people have scrimped to save for a rainy day, no longer covers a rainy day due to the inflation caused by artificially raising minimum wages (and printing money)

• 2x4x8 says:

much of the cost of products (i want to say 50%, but don’t quote me) is labor, so when labor goes up then the cost of product goes up, theoretically, because raw materials could fluctuated

• John Denney says:

Methinks most of the stock market gain was QE money. When the Fed “prints” lots of money, it’s got to cause inflation somewhere.
        When inflation is rampant, to preserve your wealth you have to spend any inflating money you get quickly, before it loses value, and you have to spend it on something that is less likely to lose value.

17. 2x4x8 says:

The difference is so stark between the way the US and Canadian Government treat their “heros”.
    Each CTH Daily Open Thread contain a picture of the US Military Soldier guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, yet the US has treated their hero’s/victims terribly. Compare how Canada’s emotional outpouring of support for the funeral for Cirillo lead by the Leader of the Federal Government as people line the streets to bid farewell in a “Highway of Heros”.

The White House sent 3 delegates to terrorist Mike Brown’s celebrity funeral and “sent hither Swarms of (DOJ) Officers to Harass our People (Wilson and FPD) and eat out their Substance (property damage)”, no official Government mourners attending the funeral of the woman beheaded in Oklahoma by an Islamic Terrorist, or national media driven support for the CEO that killed him, the President dismisses it as workplace violence and seeks to restrict the use of guns.

at least the Senate has some sense:

GET OUT AND VOTE

• elvischupacabra says:

The best think the Canuks can do is actually arm the “guard” with live rounds.

• auscitizenmom says:

I was trying to find out if our guards on the Tomb had loaded guns and I found this.

“Some people think that when the Cemetery is closed to the public in the evening that this show stops. First, to the men who are dedicated to this work, it is no show. It is a “charge of honor.” The formality and precision continues uninterrupted all night. During the nighttime, the drill of relief and the measured step of the on-duty sentry remain unchanged from the daylight hours. To these men, these special men, the continuity of this post is the key to the honor and respect shown to these honored dead, symbolic of all unaccounted for American combat dead. The steady rhythmic step in rain, sleet, snow, hail, heat and cold must be uninterrupted. Uninterrupted is the important part of the honor shown.
      Recently, while you were sleeping, the teeth of hurricane Isabel came through this area and tore hell out of everything. We had thousands of trees down, power outages, traffic signals out, roads filled with downed limbs and “gear adrift” debris. We had flooding and the place looked like it had been the impact area of an off-shore bombardment.
      The Regimental Commander of the U.S. Third Infantry sent word to the nighttime Sentry Detail to secure the post and seek shelter from the high winds, to ensure their personal safety.
      THEY DISOBEYED THE ORDER!
      During winds that turned over vehicles and turned debris into projectiles, the measured step continued. One fellow said “I’ve got buddies getting shot at in Iraq who would kick my butt if word got to them that we let them down. I sure as hell have no intention of spending my Army career being known as the damned idiot who couldn’t stand a little light breeze and shirked his duty.” Then he said something in response to a female reporters question regarding silly purposeless personal risk… “I wouldn’t expect you to understand. It’s an enlisted man’s thing.” God bless the rascal… In a time in our nation’s history when spin and total b.s. seem to have become the accepted coin-of-the-realm, there beat hearts – the enlisted hearts we all knew and were so damn proud to be a part of – that fully understand that devotion to duty is not a part-time occupation. While we slept, we were represented by some damn fine men who fully understood their post orders and proudly went about their assigned responsibilities unseen, unrecognized and in the finest tradition of the American Enlisted Man. Folks, there’s hope. The spirit that George S. Patton, Arliegh Burke and Jimmy Doolittle left us … survives.
      On the ABC evening news, it was reported recently that, because of the dangers from Hurricane Isabel approaching Washington, DC, the military members assigned the duty of guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were given permission to suspend the assignment. They refused. “No way, Sir!”‘

• Col.(R)Ken says:

When I visit Arlington, and watch the Changing of the Guard, I stand a little taller, my eyes tear just a little, and I always go around to the bottom side door, to ask the men if they need anything, and I always say Thank you!

18. Moishe Pipik says:

From The Onion’s “Clickhole”

19. doodahdaze says:

Finally.

20. czarowniczy says:

In the Louisiana Senate race the local commercials are hip deep in class warfare on both sides. Interesting how the Democrats are pushing Republican candidate Bill Cassidy as a ‘millionaire’, usually mentioned in concert with his seeking tax breaks for his high-living crony friends, and delivered in a melodramatic voice. The Republicans are easing around the race in race issue, code wording especially the immigration issue, trying to get the phrase ‘The Mexicans Are Coming, The Mexicans Are Coming’ echoing through voters’ minds. The televised debates, watched by fewer people than certain Winter Olympics events, aren’t that much better.
    Both parties are silent on the growing Hispanic population, preferring instead to either softly villainize them or ignore them completely, wasting an opportunity to increase the voter base for either party. We have a growing and hardworking Latino base that’s strong enough to have its won radio and TV channels here yet despite their growing influence it’s political business as usual. And yet we go on thinking that a Republican capture of the Senate will be somehow liberating.

21. Josh says:

Florida has a Constitutional Amendment that I’m going to parse in a very big way:

CONSTITUTINAL AMENDMENT
    ARTICLE X, SECTION 28
    Water and Land Conservation – Dedicates funds to acquire and restore Florida conservation and recreation lands.
    “Funds the Land Acquisition Trust Fund to acquire … working farms and ranches …”

VOTE “NO”

22. Moishe Pipik says:

School Teachers now using “Nation of Islam” materials to teach public school students

• czarowniczy says:

The boilerplate reply as to the teachers having ‘lost’ the piece of paper was a no-brainer. It’s just as bad as some of the PC history book crap the teachers have used to indoctrinate tabla rosa students for the last two generations – just a bit more explicit. I know my great grandkids are going to have a helluva time in school when I have them reading older and far less progressive dogmatic history books – then again maybe I’ll be at room temp by then and the schools win.
      We’ve failed at least the last two generations of students by not confronting progressive social engineers masquerading as teachers but it’s not too late to start.

23. czarowniczy says:

OMG (Oh Meow Gawd) they’ve found us and are driving home the spike: http://www.nationalcatday.com/

24. lovemygirl says:

I just heard this on the news. Locally a substitute teacher got in trouble for using racist language. Her offense? She used African American and a girl who was from Jamaica took offense because she wasn’t from Africa. The teacher said she had been told that was the politically correct term to use but the offended student kept on being offended and went to the principle. The sub will not be asked back. The student’s mother (white) is checking with police if the substitute teacher can be charged with disorderly conduct.

• stella says:

That’s just crazy.

• lovemygirl says:

I worry that idiots like Clinton will get some type of hate speech laws passed. This was a few towns over from me and I doubt our citizens would ever allow something so stupid to go on. My opinion is that student should have been told that there are more pleasant ways to express your feelings. I mean really, how is she supposed to know that this individual was from Jamaica and would take offense to AA?

25. WeeWeed says:

Ooooooooweeeeee – y’all see that NASA rocket blow all to he77???? I guess that “muslim outreach” goal of NASA’s don’ make for good rockets…..

26. texan59 says:

The temperature is gettin’ warmer. Someone in Bronco Bama’s lair has now called Bibi “chickensh*t”. It’s fixin’ to get ugly folks. 😯

27. texan59 says:

Ohmahgerd! Johnny Cash’s kid strips down in a Canadian airport. 😯

28. doodahdaze says:

Paul Ryan….He just stated that the House does not have the “power of the purse” on Hannity. He say that if they get the Senate …then… they will have the power of the purse. Now, in school I was taught that all spending must originate in the House. Is he stupid? Or am I wrong? Something wrong here.

29. TexasRanger says:

Officials: Man beheads woman, jumps in front of Long Island Rail Road train in murder-suicide in Farmingdale, NY!