Another Vicious Attack In Brooklyn – Police Seeking Help Identifying Suspects…

Everyone should try to learn the warning signs, and avoid the familiar pattern of attack

NEW YORK – Police are looking for three suspects who attacked a 21-year-old woman on a Brooklyn street earlier this month, breaking her nose and dragging her on the sidewalk before robbing her and running off.

Surveillance video shows three suspects walking on Franklin Avenue in Crown Heights Oct. 2 as the victim comes into the camera view from the opposite direction. As she walks past them, one suspect turns his head while another appears to grab her around the neck and slam her against the wall of a building.

That suspect repeatedly punches the woman in the face and stomach, then the other two suspects sidle up and start pawing at the woman, possibly looking for more valuables, before dragging her on the cement by her feet, her hood, and finally, her purse.

Eventually, one of the suspects pulls the woman’s purse away and the three run off, leaving her lying on the street. Police said her cellphone was also stolen. (read more)

Follow-Up Video Report:

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Mob and Rob, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Another Vicious Attack In Brooklyn – Police Seeking Help Identifying Suspects…

1. jello333 says:

Should we really be publicizing this, Sundance? I mean aren’t there already enough young, black men in prison, way out of proportion to their percentage of the population? I think there needs to be a moratorium on arrests of this particular demographic. Rather than throwing them in jail, maybe we should ask ourselves why these young men are so angry. Perhaps it’s OUR fault, whites in this country who allowed our ancestors to mistreat the ancestors of these poor, misunderstood young black men. So if this young white woman wants to blame someone for what happened to her, she need only look at her genealogy chart.

2. Yakmaster says:

Young women need to know never to walk alone late at night. There are vicious thugs who will hurt them for no reason other than they feel like it.
    The 3 guys in the video gang up on that defenseless woman like the pack of hyenas they are. Any woman in a relationship with any of these three animals is gonna be beaten.
    They must have been raised in the wild ’cause they are completely undomesticated. Their mamas can’t be proud.

• “Their mamas can’t be proud.”

We hear a lot of lip service from the “moms” of these animals. Remember, black culture is a matriarchal culture. Who do you think indoctrinated these FBY into racism and hatred of all things “white”?

• chuckles49 says:

It used to be a Matriarchal culture TX, but nowadays these FBY don’t even have Grandma to fall back on. They simply run rampant about their communities and others without any moral compass whatsover to guide them.

• Tkim says:

I heard sociologists say years ago that when this generation of black great grandmothers die off there will be no parental figures in the hood at all. There is no one willing to be the adult.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, I still think there a lots of good older-generation black women (and some men) who will try to straighten things out. But every time I start to get my hopes up, up pops someone like Francis Oliver (NatJacks’s mom) who makes me think it might be a lost cause.

• Sandra says:

I totally agree with you Yakmaster. At least in this case she was dressed well for walking, comfy shoes, non-provocative clothing, bag slung cross-body, walking purposefully and not distracted by a phone or other gadget. I wonder if she was walking from a bus or train heading home after a job.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

“Young women need to know never to walk alone late at night.”

Do you think it would have made any difference had she been walking with another woman, or even with a male escort? I don’t.

You can tell from the video that this wasn’t a spontaneous attack. The first thug walked past her, but turned around to watch #3 launch the expected attack. IMO, they were just looking for a victim who appeared to have something worth taking (the purse) and would have attacked even if she had been with someone else.

As sad as this is to say, it’s not enough for young women to travel in pairs. What’s more important is that they avoid areas frequented by the FBY, don’t travel on foot, and aren’t out late at night when these creeps feel safe to do their dirty deeds.

• Dan says:

Silly white girl, probably thought it would be rayciss to preemptively cross the street

3. She was probably worried if she crossed to the other side she might offend them, better to get assaulted.

4. Blacque Jacques Shellacque says:

Another Vicious Attack In Brooklyn – Police Seeking Help Identifying Suspects…

First thing that came to mind without reading further down or turning on Flash to see the clips: They’re probably black.

• Josh says:

“Police Seeking Help Identifying Suspects…”
      Why? Are they going to address the problem?!?!

Part of the problem with this whole mess is that too many of the police themselves don’t address the REAL problem and if they do the courts are reluctant to address the REAL problem and if they do the “system” will not address the REAL problem and if they do the politicians do not address the REAL problem …

I’ve spoken with too many police persons who are disgusted with the fact that too many of the bad guys/gals are not held to account.

5. sundance says:

The young lady should never have entered the ‘zone of danger’. It would be better to travel with a friend, however – absent that ability – “eyes wide open” looking forward at all times. See the approaching danger prior to the danger seeing you.

When the risk is identified take immediate evasive action to avoid the encounter. Cross the street, walk into another nearby store, reverse course…. make adjustments. The goal should be to avoid the encounter.

Profiling is not a dirty word. It just might save your life.

• jello333 says:

Perhaps one of the only really honest things Jesse Jackson has ever said:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage of my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

• partyzantski says:

This is egregious. At some point, the Lubavitchers who are the prey population in Crown Heights will have to organize, or perish. It appears that the FBY are enacting a “final solution”. This is unsurprising, based off of the cozy links between the Nazis and the Nation of Islam.

It will be instructive as to when that organized push back happens, as the Nazi sympathizers in the NYC Mayor and the Governors office do nothing. They are like Stalin at the gates of Warsaw, letting the Nazis do the heavy lifting.

An analogy to survival is in order- in WW2, allied shipping suffered horrible loss at the hands of U-Boat wolf packs engaged in unrestricted warfare on the high seas. Millions of tons sunk and thousands of lives later, they switched to a convoy system with armed escorts. That logistics lifeline kept Britain alive. A similar system is needed for the prey in Crown Heights.

• ytz4mee says:

The prey in Crown Heights seem to have accepted their fate. If you travel through the Jewish sections of Crown Heights, you will see its residents have chosen to imprison themselves. Every residential building looks like a secure prison. Other parts of Brooklyn don’t have.

An undercurrent to this is the competition for resources between the two groups. Both groups are heavy users of welfare programs. The Jewish population feels entitled to have others pay their bills so they can study the Torah without interruption, and their wives are “commanded” by their religious interpetation to not work outside the home.

• Josh says:

It’s all good, partyzantski, but I like this line best.

“If the state and the city were so all-powerful and benevolent, they would have put a stop to this a long time ago. That they have not, speaks volumes.”

• Dan says:

Armed escorts didn’t stop the wolfpacks. Breaking Germany’s Enigma code did it.

• partyzantski says:

Enigma enables “hear and avoid”. They still needed some teeth, hence escorts especially in the GIUK gap (Greenland, Iceland, U.K.) where land based patrol aircraft were unable to reach.

For all things Enigma, check out http://www.cryptomuseum.com/ They have an absolutely AMAZING amount of stuff on Enigma, even home kits to make your own.

• chuckles49 says:

Situational awareness is something everyone should practice in every sphere of their life daily. When you;re walking to your car, while you’re driving on the road, before you enter a store or restuarant, before you enter you’re home, before you go to bed at night. God gave us that “Gut” instinct for a reason! Situational awareness is not just for Law Enforcement anymore..

• Josh says:

“The young lady should never have entered the ‘zone of danger’.” Of course, you are correct sundance. My mind takes me to some of the young ladies (and others) who proclaim that they should be able to dress as they wish, or walk where they wish or tease as they wish and they should not have to fear any one responding in a way they don’t wish. Something about this dichotomy does not make sense to me.

• Concerned says:

So agree. It’s like a rodent thinking that it should be able to march around in the wide open looking all tasty and enticing to all of the rodent-eating predators. Rodents that think this way don’t usually live long enough to pass on their bad decision genes to subsequent generations. Life is not fair or easy for humans either and we need to remember that.

6. Notice how the animal in the back of the pack appears as though he’s just “compelled” to attack – like on auto-pilot or something? When he was done he just walked off, leaving the spoils to the other hungry animals in his pack.

These FBY are very dangerous. They are opportunistic predators. If they’re NOT actively engaged in crime or breaking the law, they’re ALWAYS open to the possibility should it present itself.

And now, for some good news (and yes, the suspects, all 4 of them, were black):

7. Sharon says:

I’m glad she’s alive. And I will say it – I can hardly believe anyone is that mindless of their own safety to be walking at 2:30 am in New York, alone. A woman. Alone. Good grief. She needs to get her self-preservation checked.

I don’t go anywhere alone after dark normally. If I must, I have cell phone contact with the parties expecting me. If I’m traveling on the interstate I will never get out of my vehicle at the rest stops (day or night) unless there are other people already moving around the area, at least two-three other vehicles, including women. I consciously create a margin of safety for myself.

• partyzantski says:

Sharon,
      You are absolutely spot-on. I have traversed Crown Heights unintentionally at some pretty stupid hours and I can attest to the numbers of people wandering around by themselves. They remind me of baby wildebeests on the Serengeti Plain, that is lunch on the hoof for a predator.

For the readership, I recommend: http://gavindebecker.com/resources/book/the_gift_of_fear/

Crown Heights appears to be about as dangerous as The West Bank settlement areas or taking a casual stroll around Gaza.

8. Susan M. says:

3 against 1 woman. Such REAL men.

9. Cyber says:

I realized I was being followed by three black males in hoodies when I was walking from my hotel in New Orleans to meet some friends in the French Quarter around 10 PM one night and took a wrong turn. Suddenly I was in unfamiliar territory, for not more than 30 seconds, and poof there they were. I started walking faster, they started walking faster. I started running, they followed. Then I kicked it in high gear (as high as I have, not very) and gained a little distance. They were about 30 yards behind me. I was checking doors in this industrial building (I did not enter the parking garage, that looked like instant death) and after rounding a corner I heard a buzzing sound from one of the doors. I tried it and it opened, and I slammed it shut just as the yoots reached it. They pounded on the door but it was locked now. Good solid steel door.

I turned around and there was a night watchman sitting in a control room, with bars between the small lobby I was in and his office. He pointed to the surveillance feeds and said he was watching me, and I did the right thing to run because those three are bad news. He said their MO was to rob me and then stab me in the gut a couple of times. Wow.

He called me a cab. Told me “When I buzz the door, there will be a cab outside with the passenger side door open. Run and dive in that cab, slam the door shut. It will lock.” OK, uh, OK.

Buzz! I dive into the cab, one of the thugs actually grazed my foot as he tried to stop me. Cab roared off. Black cab driver looks over at me and says “You lucky son. They bad news. Stab you fo sho.” So I said “Why aren’t they in jail if everyone knows what they do?” He laughs, shakes his head, says “From your lips to the angels, good question.”

• auscitizenmom says:

Gracious!

• McGuffin says:

Holy shit! Now my question is why did the night watchman call a cab and not the cops?

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

I remember reading this exact same story before, but I don’t recall your name as being the one that posted it.

• Anubis says:

Maybe that name got banned. But everyone that has been to New Orleans has some bad black behavior story. Don’t go near graveyards even during the day or past rampart street in the French quarter.

• Josh says:

Wow. Had you not had your wits about you and opened the buzzing door the inevitable would have happened and the watchman would have watched it. What a story. My heart was pounding just reading it.

• 2x4x8 says:

some people like yourself should have learned a lesson (10:00 pm, wrong turn, New Orleans, unfamiliar territory)

the young girls from Virgina didn’t live to learn, they don’t teach that stuff at the University of Virgina

• Sharon says:

Apparently it wasn’t taught in the homes they grew up in either. I didn’t have to attend a University to learn not to be out drinking late at night with people I didn’t know. There’s no reason to accept the assumption that common sense is considered higher learning.

• 2x4x8 says:

agree
          “they don’t teach that stuff at the University of Virgina”
          though I would think that Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University might

• Sharon says:

I would hope that the students at Liberty already know it. Any evidence that they don’t already know that would probably preclude their registration there unless things have changed dramatically in the last few years. I don’t think the welcome mat is exactly out at Liberty for student drinkers.

10. archer52 says:

If you will note, the media refuses to say “black” suspects. PC is a cancer. Obama/Holder’s hatred for this nation is a cancer.

You can bet if a CCW citizen walked up and killed those three, the papers would be saying “white” shooter and the DOJ community organizers would be demanding his lynching.

• chuckles49 says:

I love how the media or police t asks for your helping apprehending suspects but neglect to give a description. LOL

• McGuffin says:

Yes I think I’ve spotted the suspects just now…given the description (3 men)….oh wait, it’s just 3 construction workers.
        There they are!! wait, joggers. False alarm again.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Do you recall how (recently) BGI types went nuts because police had included the words “dark skinned black man” in a suspect description on a crime report?

Since blacks are far more likely to be victimized other blacks, you would think they would want the police publishing accurate and detailed descriptions of suspects, but that’s not always the case.

• Tkim says:

Yep. The words “unarmed black youth” only means a cop or a legally armed citizen protected his or her self. Not that the “unarmed black youth” used his fists like anvils into the face of a teenager, businessman, or strolling retiree.

Young women, especially, need to understand that if you are not willing to be harsh to males you don’t know (or even only know casually) you may not live to see 30.

They will call you the B word. That’s ok. No woman ever died from being called the B word.

• Tkim says:

And the R word? I think of that as a made up Dr Seuss word: There are racists a plenty on Macist Pacist Lane. They jiggle the berries and yell for rain…The racist climb trees with their racist feet and grow snugglpuss trees in their racist peat.
        Their arms are purple and their snouts look like frogs and every silly racist owns a polka dotted dog..

You get the point.

• chuckles49 says:

Racist as it applies to White people simply means: You refuse to be ashamed of your skin color and heritage, refuse to be a victim of minority thugs without fighting back, expect people to work for a living rather than steal and live off your tax dollars, and last but not least, you trust what you see with your own eyes and ears and refuse to believe the unbelievable or accept endless excuses for someone else’s personal or collective failures.

• Josh says:

“Not that the “unarmed black youth” used his fists like anvils into the face of a teenager, businessman, or strolling retiree.” Yes to this. I’ve never understood the “unarmed” position of the media. Most “unarmed black youth” could pummel anyone with their arms alone.

• chuckles49 says:

You don’t have to fear an attack by a lone predator unless you’re behaving like prey. i,e. (Nervous, looking at your feet instead of around you, shoulders hunched forward, etc.)

They’re cowardly pack animals, that prey on the old, weak, females, or very young. If you see one loitering about, you can bet there’s a couple more in the wings waiting for their chance to pounce on you.

• jello333 says:

I loved MOM bringing in the slab of concrete, and saying how disgusting it was that people claimed Trayvon was “unarmed”.

• Chip Bennett says:

CCW? In New York City?

Servant-citizens aren’t allowed to carry firearms in New York City. Surely, you can see that there’s obviously no need to do so.

• Demand his lynching AND gun control.

11. Moishe Pipik says:

It may be helpful to y’all to re-read about the Crown Heights Riots:

and a more accurate story from Truth Revolt

12. Moishe Pipik says:

They would have killed her, but they probably realized she wasn’t Jewish.

13. inspectorudy says:

As horrible as this video is it reminds me that there are a lot of black citizens who are just as disgusted as we are about this. They look at this group the same way any person would as out of control animals. This group of thugs is found in every big city where there is an area of predominately black welfare families(?). Everyone knows better than to go near these neighborhoods and even the cops say to stay away. But once in a while the animals stray off of their preserve and like this poor girl found out they are dangerous and cowards. Imagine the feeling that your city or state will not allow you to carry a weapon to defend yourself! She couldn’t even call for help because they stole her phone. How can any sane person imagine that the cops could prevent this from happening?

• Josh says:

The police could start by posting as accurate a description of the thugs as possible.

• partyzantski says:

Those citizens then need to speak up. Right now, they are probably in the same reception room as the “moderate muslims”.
      One or two voices in the hurricane of violence is not making a dent.
      Facta non Verba. Anything else is Bravo Sierra.

• 7delta says:

I read a comment on another blog the other day from a guy whose icon picture was of a black man and he spoke as if he is. He said that he’s seeing a change in the black community, that people are really tired of the thug culture, the broken families, the lack of education, the unwed mothers who are immature and selfish and popping kids out without a father in sight, the young men who aren’t men at all, and a system that protects them, not the people trying to do the right thing. He said that he’s been sensing for a while now a Great Awakening among blacks and a return to their Gospel roots, because what they’re doing sure isn’t working. He sounded as if he believes it’s coming.

I have no idea if he’s right, but I pray he is. In fact, I’ve been praying for it for a long time too, that a fearless man after God’s own heart will rise up to take on the false civil rights reverends by teaching God’s right and wrong and will lead the way. IMO, they have to do this themselves. They will have to be lead out of this by one of their own, I think. Then everyone else will follow. All I know to do for the black poster is to pray with him that happens soon.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

IMO he’s an individual experiencing an epiphany, but mistakenly projecting his own personal “awakening” onto the wider community.

If anything, their “Gospel roots” have long since withered away and have been replaced by the poisoned plumbing planted by all of the phony “preachers” and “ministers” they have been donating to for the last 50 years. Their is no broad “revival” of anything other than even deeper racial hatred and an increasingly violent criminality.

• 7delta says:

You could be right, LJP. I didn’t get the sense that this was something new to him, but was something he had been aware of for quite some time. I don’t know him, so I could be wrong.

The black people I know are more like him than like the thugs. I think there are still a lot of good people in the black community who get it. We just don’t hear much from them. They’re drowned out by the segment that causes the trouble. Like whites, they’ve been silent too long from fear of being ostracized or targeted themselves. There are still a lot of black ministers who preach the gospel and aren’t civil rights activists out for a buck, but we don’t hear much about them either. I have noticed more and more blacks speaking out (and being ridiculed). It’s a start.

I don’t believe the whole of black America is corrupt, just like the whole of any other segment of society isn’t. The black community has some serious issues to deal with and everyone has let it go on for far too long. They’re not the only ones either. I mean, we have Miley Cyrus to account for. At any rate, I hope the good guys will stand up and say “Enough!” If and when they do, the pushback will be considerable. I hope other Americans won’t be too cynical or angry to have their backs. These issues are a place where everyone with shared values should stand together. I don’t want to see more lives destroyed by the way things are now, but I’m realistic. Things could go either way.

I guess I have a wait and see attitude about what the guy wrote. In the meantime, since I also still believe faith can move mountains, and boy, this is one big mountain, I believe it can be moved, so I pray it will be.

• pure logic says:

With all due respect ……. ” a lot of good people in the black community who get it” 95% of the “black community” voted black or was there another reason? Were any of those “good people” in Ferguson, or Florida ?

• 7delta says:

Yes. A person does not have to agree with me on everything, or at all politically, to be a person of character. There were a small number of blacks who never voted for obama; there were some who didn’t vote at all after they saw him in action, but over all, I understand why most voting blacks voted for him, especially the first time. That, I don’t believe, is what defines their character for the rest of their lives. Lots of white people voted for him too.

And let’s remember that 95% voting for him are 95% of those who voted, not of the whole black population.

So yes, I know they’re there, in every community, and like the black witnesses in the Brown shooting, most have been reticent about bringing attention to themselves. I’m always glad to see the ones who are willing to speak out.

The question we have to ask ourselves is if these people are going to stick their necks out and if, as people realize they’ve been had and start looking for more information and truth, are we going to forever blame them for making a mistake…while large numbers of eligible whites don’t vote at all or also voted for obama? Are we going to see them as the same as the race baiters/thugs without exception? Or do we remember how we don’t like being called racist for searching for the truth and welcome and help them? The number of blacks that see they’ve been had isn’t nearly as important, IMO, as it is that the ones who do start to feel strong enough to battle the lies. Knowledge spreads. The more, the better.

I don’t see any hope of freeing the black community from being used by unscrupulous self-serving degenerates, or any community where morals and principles have been usurped by fake freebies and deceit, if people can’t focus on shared values, instead of race, to work together to teach and inspire people to take control of their lives by living a principled life. If we focus only on color, not character, the divide and conquer strategy wins. They are there. They need support from people who, too, care about right and wrong.

Everyone can’t be saved from themselves, no matter what their color, but if someone wants something better and they’re willing to be truthful with themselves and to work for it, hey, I’m there to take the journey with them. I’ve got a lot to learn too. It will be time well spent. IMO.

• pure logic says:

7delta…….military ? 1/4 cav here = to lazy to walk. Anyway on with the show.
                I admire what you have to say and the way you say it. But with my limited education (although I did do post graduate work in the 6th grade…ok flunked), I had trouble understanding some of it. One example, you mentioned the witnesses being reticent (tending not to talk or quiet in tone or appearance) is that what you meant? What I’ve gotten out of most of the witnesses is their willingness to tell stories for their 15 minutes of fame. If this was your class, I would ask (with respect) for clarification on this point as well as one or two others.
                After 70 years on this planet, you have what I look for (but rarely find) in a human being and that’s humility. Never once did you talk down to anyone or try to talk yourself up, just stated your position. May I say…. well played Sir.
                One last thing, if you get a chance and need a breath of fresh air, read a little Lloyd Marcus over at American Thinker, He doesn’t tread as lightly as you do on the subject of the black plight. Lloyd = prominent Tea Partier, singer, song writer, poet, frequent contributor to A.T., and best of all a stand alone conservative at his black family gatherings. But why do I have the feeling you already know this!!! Cheers

• 7delta says:

Thank you, pure logic, for you kind reply. Cavalry? You’re no slouch. I’m glad to find out we have you around in case we need to call in reinforcements. As for me, let’s just say I’m a sworn oath keeper.

Don’t ever feel bad about asking for clarification. Mark Twain said once something along the lines of that using the right word is akin to knowing the difference between a firefly and lightning. I look up words a lot and still can’t promise I use the right one. So fire away any questions you may have. Like I tell people all the time when they ask me something, if I don’t know the answer, I’ll make something up.

You’re right about the meaning of reticent. I did mean that most of the members of the black community who disagree with the loud 15-minutes-of-fame people are hesitant, if not downright afraid, to speak out. I also think that over the last few years more have come forward, like Lloyd Marcus, Allen West, Alveda King, Star Parker, and others. I’m always glad to see them take a stand for freedom, real freedom, not the fake freedom of being dependent on government and thinking that doing whatever you want is freedom and anyone who interferes in your party is racist and oppressive. Freedom is self-governance, not just doing whatever you want whenever you want. I think it means more to the black community to hear it from one of their own, even if they don’t seem to be listening. I also hope something will click or at least a seed will be planted.

I am a true believer in all men are created equal and we are all equal under the law, but that has nothing to do with ‘stuff’. As a free person, it’s up to each individual to decide how they will use it and to accept the consequences or rewards of their choices. If you want ‘stuff’, fine. Go earn it. It’s your right. And I promise to not take it, just because I want one too. I’ll earn it myself. It might even be a bigger and better one to boot. Definately better, because I earned it myself.

I do know about Lloyd Marcus. I enjoy his writings and his singing. Very talented man. I don’t know him personally, but my gut feeling is that he’s really a good man too.

Thanks again for the kind words. And thank you, sir, for your service.

• pure logic says:

7delta = Agile. Innovative. Committed. ?
                  first of the fourth cavalry =1/4 cav. Gotta be honest here. The thank you should go to our boys and girls who volunteered to keep us free and safe. In my war you were (ra) =regular Army or (us) = drafted. I was the latter. So, hard to accept thanks for something you were essentially forced to do.
                  As far as quotes go and I don’t know who said it “better to be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt”. I’m still working on that one.
                  I am familiar with the other names you mention, and am sure I have read some of what they had to say, but only if it was a conservative thought. Whether bad or good, I just can’t get to far into a liberal thought (hey I made a oxymoron)before I have to leave. As an aside, I thought what if 7delta is a liberal. I would have a hard time explaining what I’m doing here. But after rereading some of your comments, there’s just too many conservative clues e.g. “if you want stuff, fine go earn it.”
                  You have a unique perceptive and it is appreciated………..although not always understood. But have no fear, I will look for you around the blogs and will not hesitate to poke you in the ribs and holler EXPLAIN EXPLAIN.

• pure logic says:

read below should be perspective not perceptive

• pure logic says:

oops above

• 7delta says:

Pure logic, I’m going to put my reply to your post at the bottom of the page to keep it from becoming a narrow band of words. See you below.

14. partyzantski says:

After WW2, the Jewish People said “Never Again”.
    It appears that that is inoperative in Crown Heights.
    The predators in NYC are enacting a slow Holocaust upon them.
    Really, is what is going on different in kind? No. It is just the matter of degree.
    Coexist? Can’t do that when one group says yes, the other just thinks of that as the dinner bell.

15. 7delta says:

Pure logic, I don’t think it takes anything away from your service whether you called Uncle Sam or he called you. You didn’t skip out to Canada to avoid the draft. You did your duty. To do the right thing, even when it’s not something you want to do, is as honorable as doing it for any other reason. A wise fellow once told me that it’s not what happens to you in life that matters. It’s how you respond.

I used to spend much more time looking at both sides of an issue, but not so much anymore. The progressive brigade marches pretty much in lock step with their talking point command. Now, about all that’s needed are the new reframings of their talking points to see their direction. Sundance and this crowd of treepers do an excellent job of spotting the tweaks. Now I read the progressive drivel selectively, if I’m looking for specifics. Otherwise, they’ve become pretty predictable to the degree that a direction can be easily discerned. I can’t always predict the exact way they’ll take it, but I can see the junctures and general heading. So you’re not missing much by ignoring their blather.

Am I conservative? Yes, but I’m also a classical liberal. A Thomas Jefferson liberal. The liberal of the founding era and the men who constructed a central government, instituted by men, with limited powers and authorities that left man’s liberty and his unalienable rights beyond its reach. What is a liberal but a lover of liberty? Self governance, with various levels of governments and branches of government to check and balance each other in order to perform the duties best suited to a centralized effort for the sole purpose of protecting the liberties of the people. Some of those powers are extensive in order to protect and defend the Constitution, but they were never meant to take power from the people to increase their own. We, the People created the federal government. It is our creation and subject to us and the terms of the compact.

I’m that kind of liberal, not the illiberal liberal of today who wants government to assume its social responsibilities, but retain their civil rights and to reframe unalienable rights under the guise of non-existent civil rights…which is not possible, you lose both..or the liberal who is not liberal at all, but really a progressive, who wants government to possess all the rights and decide which ones the people…those ‘other’ people…can or cannot enjoy. A classical liberal and a libertarian share a belief in maximum liberty, but may part ways on the far ends of certain issues.

So today, I’m considered a conservative, which is pretty accurate, since most conservatives are really just classical liberals. That does not include the people who call themselves conservatives, but are really just moderate progressives or are so libertarian, they’re anarchists who want to destroy government without any awareness that the void they create will always be filled by the exact opposite of what they say they want.

Anarchists, because of some bizarre cognitive disconnect, often seem to migrate to supporting the very people who want to rule them and everybody else. I suspect that some of these anarchists really want someone else to be responsible for everything they don’t want to do, because they think that will mean they can do whatever they want without any restrictions and someone else will pick up the tab and provide all the services they need or want, which, of course, won’t work out the way they think. He who controls the money, controls the rules. Reality is a hard taskmaster, especially if you’ve always blamed someone else for its existence.