This Kmart store was looted during the August riots. This is a typical consequence by corporate businesses as they view “high risk” neighborhoods and communities. The operational risks, crime, lawsuits, et al, are too high to remain in business – and the actuaries recommend closure.

quick trip

In addition Gateway Pundit shares – On Wednesday, Missouri State Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson told reporters the QuikTrip convenience store that burned down would rebuild in Ferguson.

Not True. QuikTrip has no plans to rebuild in Ferguson, Missouri. A QuikTrip representative wrote The Gateway Pundit on Friday in response to Captain Johnson’s comments:

“Thank you for asking. It is not accurate. QuikTrip has not made a decision in regards to the store in Ferguson.

SAINT LOUIS – The Kmart store near Florissant will close as part of what the retailer said Thursday is its latest effort to cut costs by shutting down underperforming stores. A liquidation sale will begin Sunday and the store, located at 2855 Dunn Road, will close in early December, Howard Riefs, a company spokesman, said in a statement.

About 100 employees, most hourly or part-time workers, are affected.

The store is just off West Florissant Avenue, about 2 miles north of the QuikTrip store that looters ransacked and burned after a Ferguson police officer shot and killed unarmed teenager Michael Brown on Aug. 9.

The store is within an 868.5-acre commercial and residential area Ferguson is proposing to annex. The Ferguson City Council approved the proposal in June, then submitted it to the St. Louis County Boundary Commission for consideration. If supported by the commission, the proposal would be submitted for approval by Ferguson voters and voters in the annexation area, which is north of Interstate 270.

Riefs said in an email that Kmart’s decision to close the Florissant store was “unrelated to any local events.”

“The store was underperforming,” he said.  (link)

dellwood 5

dellwood 2

dellwood 7

dellwood 6

If you don’t rebuild those businesses we looted and torched, we’ll loot and torch some more – until you do.

This entry was posted in Agitprop, Anti-White Intifada, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Big Stupid Government, CRS, Cultural Marxism, media bias, Mike Brown Shooting, Mob and Rob, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, propaganda, Racism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Corporate Business Abandon Ferguson – Kmart Leaves, Looted and Destroyed Quick Trip Store Still Undecided To Rebuild

1. harrydweeks says:

No surprise . What company wants to risk employee’s lives in the middle of a savage jungle.

• Daniel says:

Sued if you do, sued if you don’t. It’s the way of things. There will still be massive, silent BGI payments made.

• RJ says:

It’s not about “employee’s lives” at all. It is about creating profit, the primary goal of business. A gun store in Ferguson would work, as would a store selling security items.
      Every storefront in a hostile community deals with security, product theft and employee harassment issues. Cost benefit ratios come into play.

If one lives in a community of animals, then one sells items animals prefer.

Seems some businesses don’t want to sell to animals, especially those who “roam about” looking for excuses to demonstrate how animalistic he or she can be. Too bad for those other residents who don’t want to live a life being animals.

You reap what you sow…so to speak.

2. Col.((R) Ken says:

Can’t wait for those agitators in about 3 years trying to put the arm on these businessess to invest in Ferguson. I just feel sad, for the good people who are trapped there, due to the actions of a few.

3. joanfoster says:

I’m calling Bullsh*t, Gnome sayin?

• stella says:

K-Mart is currently closing stores all over the country; there are two in our area that are being closed (announcement in the local paper).

That being said, I’m sure it was easy for them to select the store in Ferguson to be closed.

• dekare says:

When this happens, stores need to respond properly and get involved in order to stop this. They either work with the cops and presecute, or they will keep getting robbed and eventually go out of business. It’s a tough situation to be in when you have a business in these types of neighborhoods.

I was a cop and worked in a predominately black/high crime neighborhood. There was a Ross Dress for Less that would get robbed almost weekly. Blacks would either swarm the store, overwhelm the security guys, grab lots of stuff and run off. Or, occasionally, just a single or only a few would go in, and grab the rack near the front doors and haul ass. They would call us, and we would respond pretty quickly. However, responding by going to the store directly only had the effect of the bad guys getting away with their stolen goods.

After a few times, I came up with a plan that instead of going to the store when the call came out, I would instead, head for the entrace to the neighborhood where I was sure the thugs lived and look for anyone carrying a load of clothing, and catch them with all of the stolen merchandise. Well, it worked, and I got them with all their loot in hand.

When I went back to the store to get a positive id, and retrieve the video so that I could lock up a good arrest and assure a good prosection, the business told us that they did not want to press charges as they didn’t want to anger the local community and hurt their business. But they did want their stuff back, and told us that when it happens next time, to not bother arresting the guy, but they would be sure happy if we could keep bringing back the stolen clothing, which totaled in the thousands of dollars typically.

At that point, I told them that if they were not going to press charges, then the thugs would go free, and it would be difficult to stop the continued theft, and to please reconsider pressing charges….they refused.

At that point, I told them to keep the good clothing away from the doors, and don’t bother calling if they are going to refuse to press charges, as I am not int he business of being their loss prevention security. My job is to stop crime and arrest bad guys, and if they as they victim do not get involved, there is little I could do.

So, next time, like clockwork, that I got our call that they were hit again, I took my sweet ass time getting there, did not bother to look for the suspects, and when I arrived, took the report, gave them a case number, and that was it.

This it what happens when stores seek appeasement. They kept getting robbed and I quit caring. What else could I do? I was not going to waste my time just to have to let the bad guys walk, knowing there is no downside to robbing them. My beat was damn busy, and I had not time for this nonsense. This attittude only got them robbed more…not less, and we no longer cared.

4. Is anyone with half a brain in Ferguson (I know that number is small, but still) surprised that businesses looted and burned are not planning on rebuilding? Seriously?

I don’t blame them for a second. In fact, I think every business there that wasn’t looted and/or burned should move out in anticipation of the next wave of gratuitous criminal behavior. These animals are always going to find a reason to steal and destroy – especially since they’ve now gotten a taste of it.

5. Gary says:

This why we can’t have nice things….

6. justfactsplz says:

So many people are going to lose their businesses and their homes as many of them will get so fed up with the looting, rioting, burning, and physical threats and harassment that will choose to just walk away and get out of Dodge. Ferguson will become a little Detroit. The CRS is failing to get a handle on this. The police chief has had his manhood stripped from him. The policeman of Ferguson will never get over what they have endured. When is enough enough?

7. kinthenorthwest says:

K-Mart has had problems over the last several years; so they will probably not reverse their decision on this.
    These residents have really screwed themselves.

8. Col.((R) Ken says:

“-you-better-rebuild-that-quick-trip-gas-station-we-burned-down-and-fast-or-theres-gonna-be-hell-to-pay-we-aint-got-nowhere-to-get-gas-n-stuff”. FDR tell me when Hell Freezes Over, then I’ll think about rebuilding.

9. John Galt says:

Korean merchants with lots of guns and high prices needed for Ferguson.

10. Burnt Toast says:

“The store was underperforming,”

Another way of saying inventory shrinkage was beyond normal,
    Which is another way of saying the shop lifting was killing them.

11. Ian says:

And then they’ll claim that the companies are “racist,” because they don’t want to operate in their neighborhood. They need to look in the mirror.

• janc1955 says:

And then we’ll need another “national conversation” about the “lack of opportunity” in certain neighborhoods and the “cycle of poverty.” It’s getting real, real old.

12. Scott says:

Tribal rules, jungle culture…simple as that…behavior not based on the rule of law or on human dignity, but on plundering and pillaging. “To the victor goes the spoils. What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine.”
    Nothing will change with a re-build of brick and mortar or with a replenished inventory, and wise companies know it. Electing to not expose your employees and your bottom line to a re-run of the recent madness is an easy BUSINESS DECISION, nothing more.
    Ah yes…the CONSEQUENCES for primal, uncivilized, shameful actions displayed by the “locals.” But when the town goes the way of Detroit, we’ll be told that corporate America is to blame, you can bet on it.

13. Michelle says:

You reap what you sow!

14. yakmaster2 says:

Anderson Cooper just gave air time to Antonio French so he could white wash the violence against the Ferguson police chief. Anderson wanted to know why it took so long for the Chief to apologize if he was really sorry. DOJ sent a letter to Chief Apologist telling him that lack of police name badges “interfered” with community relations. Yeah. We wouldn’t want it to be more difficult for vindictive violent community members to fire bomb their houses, would we? DOJ also protests the wearing of IAM DARREN WILSON armbands. The WORD from on high!! Bow low and obey!!

15. czarowniczy says:

So, if these white-owned businesses not rebuild will they be charged with ‘corporate racism’? We’ve lost track of the natural world, in an natural setting the parasites are in balance with the hosts. If there are too many parasites the host dies and so do the parasites unless they can manage to find and attach to a new host. If the parasites grow too numerous something gotta go and nature provides for that, either slowing down parasite reproduction or lowering their numbers. Here the government actively aids and abets the parasites, finding unwilling new hosts and artificially increasing the parasites beyond the ability of the host of hosts to support them. Every now and then the government pumps a few new blood cells into the host to artificially keep it alive but their continually creating new groups of parasites just postpones the inevitable.
    Harsh and judgmental, I know, but let’s see how long the artificial and unnatural symbiotic relationship can last before the ecosystem collapses.

• Col.((R) Ken says:

Well said, refreshing!

• czarowniczy says:

Came to me while I was dipping my dog – amazing how things just seem to come together…

• MouseTheLuckyDog says:

Dipping?

• QuadGMoto says:

Probably flea dip.

• czarowniczy says:

Flea and tick dip – same permathane solution I use for livestock and soak my field clothes in to repel gnat, fleas, ticks and chiggers. Works great except on DemocRATS – you can spray and spray and spray but they just keep on abreedin’.

• justfactsplz says:

I wish my DH had used some of that before the tick bit him and gave him that deadly disease. I’m going to try that on my pack of dogs too.

• czarowniczy says:

Go to a farm supply store and buy it bulk/concentrated in a pint – far cheaper. Only lasts about 24-hours after it’s mixed but repels on the dog (not for cats) for weeks. I dip my field pants in and let them air-dry, works to repel ticks (we have ticks that carry knives here) and will generally last through two washings if you don’t use hot water. Stuff’s about the least harmful insecticide you can buy (DO NOT get it in fish-containing eater or on reptiles – it’s rotenone and they will go TU) and works super. We have a few tick-borne diseases around here and I do a lot of high grass and brush work with the dogs and we have zero flea/tick problems.

• justfactsplz says:

Thanks, will try,

• czarowniczy says:

Overall, one of the least dangerous and most effective pesticides you can use. Look at the ‘active’ ingredients on the wets concentrates of different brands and you’ll find premethrin on many of them. I used it on military uniforms around the world and it not only kept me pest-free in some of the harshest environments but never once did I even have the urge to vote DemocRAT. I get mine in 38% from the ag store but for dogs/clothes general use you can find 10% on Amazon. Same stuff they use to treat scabies and head lice on kids.

• justfactsplz says:

Can you use it on hunting clothes or do the deer smell it and run?

• czarowniczy says:

I have never had a deer problem with it – they hang by the cows and the dip stations in the field so ( guess they get used to teh smell. It smells s bit ‘petroleumish’, not humanish. You might want to try hanging a dry cloth that had been soaked in it by a feeding station so they get used to it.

• Scott says:

…and in Black / White America, the story also closely resembles the one involving the scorpion and the frog, don’t you think?

• bitterlyclinging says:

Balance of nature.
      God and Mother Nature hate cities.
      If you crowd laboratory rats, they begin dying spontaneously for no apparent reason, extended to their human counterparts, ie Ferguson, Mo, Detroit, Mi, Watts, Newark, NJ

• czarowniczy says:

Egg-zactly. Humans are social creatures but when lumped together in huge and unwieldy mass the worst starts to come out – same as in mobs, all it takes is a trigger. I spent too many years in urban areas helping protect people from themselves and now I live 8 miles from the closest gas station. If I hear shots I know that someones clearing varmints or poaching a deer – and we all know our fire lanes out here. People are polite and where we don’t share many of the the amenities those in the urban areas do, we have what we need and console each other when we have to go back into The Big City. Only problem so far is that some of the predators from the Big City are coming out here for what they see as easy Bubba pickin’s. Too bad, you don’t have to go looking, it comes looking for you.

16. Ireedneweyirktimess says:

I don’t understand. All the rioters and looters were from out of town; they’ve all gone back home. The people of Ferguson have behaved like angels throughout this entire situation. There’s no possible troublemakers left, so these businesses should return without question. Mr. Holder should launch an investigation immediately.

17. Jack says:

I can’t imagine that any sane business owner would consider locating in Ferguson. Law and order is non-existent. They are rioting over self-immolating teddy bears for crying out loud. These people deserve to marinate in their own misery.

18. joshua says:

police need some large dogs and a couple of huge water cannon trucks to take the town back from DOJ and the safari crowd.

19. eastern2western says:

No income tax=no police department. well, citizens of ferguson can return to African style of self policing, ak 47 and machetes.

20. chuckles49 says:

Soon Fergusonians will have to resort to stealing the copper wiring out of the street lights to finance their culturally diverse lifestyles..

21. Attorney says:

Who wants to live/work with people who act like savages?

22. Janice Woods says:

Not a one of those dumb ass thugs stole a belt to hold up their pants!

23. Wayne Petty says:

Obey a lawful order of our police or live in a jungle. Lose law and order and lose civilization. Well, I guess I’ll pack in some more .223 and .40.