NAACP: City of Detroit Shutting Water Off For Unpaid Bills is Direct Racism

DETROIT (WWJ) – After a class action lawsuit filed against the city of Detroit, the NAACP Legal Defense Fund says that recent water shutoffs to Detroit residents were racially motivated.

angry black coalition

Veronica Joice with the NAACP Legal Defense Fund says, “That (the shutoffs are) being done in a discriminatory fashion; and they should at least take a look at whether there’s a better way to do this that doesn’t affect the most vulnerable citizens — the majority of whom are African American here in Detroit.”

Attorney Alice Jennings, who filed the lawsuit on behalf of Detroit residents, said it’s a known fact that there are corporations that owe hundreds of thousands of dollars to the city of Detroit Water and Sewerage Department.

“These companies are basically Caucasian companies,” Jennings said. “The folks who are being cut off are almost one hundred percent African American.”

Asked by WWJ’s Charlie Langton directly if this is a “racial issue,” Jennings replied: “It sure is! You bet it is.”

The Detroit Water and Sewerage Department stopped service to about 7,200 homes and businesses in June, compared to 1,570 in the same month last year. Water was restored to 43 percent after customers paid or worked out payment plans.  (read more)

black power

Bills Are Racist

Having to pay for things is racist.

All things must now be free…

This entry was posted in Anti-White Intifada, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Political correctness/cultural marxism, propaganda, Racism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

92 Responses to NAACP: City of Detroit Shutting Water Off For Unpaid Bills is Direct Racism

1. czarowniczy says:

OK, then as a show of ‘good faith’ and solidarity let the NAACP/Urban League dig into their ‘internal entitlement’ fund and cough up some water bill payments. They can do without some fancy-schmantsy meals and travel coach – or Greyhound – instead of first class. How about forgoing the major hotels while traveling and staying at the Holiday Inn Express (might have multiple benefits there)? Of course the NAACP pointing to some of the more obvious causes of these people not having the cash to pay their bills would be out of the question too wouldn’t it?

• RJ says:

Wait a minute here…your words sound like some “princes of the African-American” peoples like to travel in style, much like those “corporate fat cats” seem to do.

The question I am thinking of asking those who deal with water issues in Detroit is this: Is it true that there are industries, businesses that are far behind in paying their water bills and if so, why have they been allowed to keep using water?

Kinda like what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

Might be easier to get the “little people” to pay up right after you drag the “big guys” into paying their bills, at least a better perspective…err optics, right?

Side note: Wasn’t this city run by democrats and blacks for many recent years?

Sounds like being on the “USS Detroit Titanic” ain’t much fun these days, as if it ever was when the “grievance industry” decided it should control the game.

Jump overboard, you’ll find all the water you need…abandon ship my mates!

• stella says:

I heard her interviewed on the radio this morning. When asked what businesses were not paying for water, she didn’t name any, just saying that she had a list of them in her court filings. The interviewer (Frank Beckmann of WJR AM) suggested that if businesses aren’t paying, naming them would shame them into paying, so why not do that? No answer from her.

What we are concerned with is that we in the suburbs will be bearing the cost of the water department – including infrastructure improvements – because we get our water from DWS.

She’s a slippery character. Charging racism – and when asked how she can call it racism when the city, including the emergency manager, is run by African Americans, she said something about racism not having anything to do with the race of the people engaging in racism – or something.

• RJ says:

Whose dog ate my water bill? This is an old game played by those with a specific agenda. It’s blacks–it’s democrats who have been at the helm of this city for years. The big government teat feeds many in this city, has for years; from the little people (new slaves) to the fat cats in suits and sunglasses of all colors.

Want a thrill up your leg? Look to Trenton, New Jersey as the next Detroit. It’s mayor got convicted too! It’s industry said goodbye years ago. It’s inner housing is filled with those on that big, juicy government teat.

See a pattern since Lyndon Johnson began his “Great Society” gambit? Notice what “urban renewal” really achieved all these years? Remember all that HUD housing for those in need?

Like it in the “urban jungle” do ya? It’s where Obama learned his trade….

• Frank Beckman, hmmmm, that was my high school football coaches’ name.

• stella says:

Frank Beckmann (two n’s) is a native Detroiter and was, until this year, the radio announcer for U of M Wolverines football, in addition to being a talk show host at WJR.

2. lovemygirl says:

Oh sure it is “a known fact” that the evil white corporations owe billions and trillions in past due water bills. What a maroon.

• czarowniczy says:

‘If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.’ – Adolph Hitler (racist senior member of the Großdeutschen Wasserversorger)

• doodahdaze says:

I think we are at that point. Unfortunately. I do not see any hope of reclaiming the country. I do not think the election will change anything in the end. It is in the numbers and the makeup of the electorate. Combined with a total lack of a solution no matter who gets power.

• stella says:

Nevertheless, we must all be like Churchill:

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

• Murse says:

Haha, love that Bugs Bunny line!

3. lovemygirl says:

When I had a contract with a gas utility the largest amount of gas stolen was not people that could not afford it and were trying to survive but people that just didn’t feel they should have to pay.

• Murse says:

I bet they don’t default on their cable bills. The default rate was created by the black managers of the water department. In Black culture money grows on trees and expenses are just things Whites create to keep Blacks down.

4. Moishe Pipik says:

“Caucasian Company”? Can someone do a demographic analysis of Detroit’s water utility?

3 of 7 of the members of the water utility board are African American

5. doodahdaze says:

They will end up with free water. It is now beyond stopping by logic and reason. There is no longer a solution possible. Only an outcome. We are in Plus Ultra mode. The outcome will not be good. Be prepared.

• chiavarm says:

“They will end up with free water”, sort of agreeing with you but it is not free. The cost will be passed onto those that pay their bills in the form of higher rates.

• Cetera says:

They will end up with “free” “water.” That’s a big difference. Something will come through their taps, some of the time. Whether or not it is potable is a completely different question. Those with any remaining ability to leave Detroit and get paid elsewhere will do so.

• stella says:

You have to move far away to escape Detroit Water and Sewage. Most of the suburbs get their water from DWS. We (who pay our bills and face shut-off if we don’t) will be paying much higher rates by the end of the year. I see it in my crystal ball.

• lineman says:

Not if you get the hell out of there girl…You gals and guys that are living that close to a big city are playing with fire…Go read Selcos blog about surviving the Balkan War in the 90s…www.shtfschool.com

• stella says:

Easier said than done, lineman.

• lineman says:

Anything is possible girl…I bet I have lived more places than anyone here…If you realize the consequence of staying there if something happens it might make the move easier…What’s holding you back job, family,location…

• stella says:

Money. I’m under water on my mortgage. If I sold the house and put every fluid dime toward the balance, I could get out of it. Then I would be broke with no place to live. Doesn’t appeal to me. If I have to run in an emergency, then I’ll deal with it.

• lineman says:

Wish I had more of it I would give you enough for a new start somewhere safe…Do you at least have somewhere safe to run too?

• stella says:

I don’t feel fear at all. I have cousins “in the country” and “up north”, in case of bug out necessity.

ADD: Michigan is a beautiful state, and most of it isn’t city.

• stella says:

I have read Selco’s blog. It’s fascinating! You’ll notice that he still lives in the city, but has a bug out spot.

• lineman says:

I’m glad you have somewhere to go…Have you ever been tested Stella…A lot of people say they have no fear because of their faith or because they think there strong enough but they have never been tested…Have you faced darkness and walked through the fire and come out on the other side with no fear….I hope so…I pray that God keeps you in the palm of his hand…

• stella says:

Question for you – do you live in or near a city?

Question 2 – what do you know about Michigan? Lots of people only know what they hear about Detroit on television news.

Something you should know about Michigan. We have hunters by the tens of thousands, and all of them are gun owners. We have both legal concealed carry and open carry throughout the state, and locals governments may not overrule them. At the heart of it, this is a very conservative state (even though Barack Obama won here), with a completely Republican state government.

• lineman says:

No I don’t live near a city…And yes I have been all over Michigan…I know it has a lot of rural area but for me anything east of the Mississippi is to crowded…I have lived in 4 big cities and had this little nagging feeling the whole time I did…

• lineman says:

My career choice has allowednme to go a lot of places and experience a lot of things…I have been to some of the worst hellholes and some of the richest places because everyone needs power these days and mother nature has no favorites when she decides to be naughty…

• lineman says:

I’m trying to set up self sustaining refuge out here in MT…How many of you here would be interested in living somewhere like that…I don’t have all the particulars worked out but would be a safe place for liberty lovers to thrive…Sundance has my email I think so if you want to chat about it ask him for it…I trust his judgment on who he gives it too…

• stella says:

I’ll think about it. I’m one of the admins, did you know?

• lineman says:

Well then my lady you have it too…I knew you were important;) I just wanted to tell anyone else that they could get it from Sundance…

6. Sentient says:

In a sort of defense of the NAACP – if a business is behind on their water bill, their water should be shut off, too. Maybe something good could come out of the NAACP lawsuit: past-due businesses could have their water shut off. Of course, no special leniency should be shown to any individuals because of supposed “disparate impact”.

7. lovemygirl says:

What is with the angry faces in the photo above? They look like idiots.

8. Sharon says:

Eno said, though, it’s not just free money.

“It also teaches them, or works into their budget, monies that would be dedicated to their water bill, because they have to make a contribution every month,” he explained. “This is not a program where you get everything given to you and you contribute nothing.”

Eno stressed, however, that not everyone in need will be able to get help.

“We don’t have, you know, a bottomless cup of funds,” he said, adding that’s why it’s important that affected customers come in as soon as possible.

So when it no longer can make any real difference in the speed of the slide down the mountainside – NOW they start speaking in complete sentences and saying what is so.

No free money? You don’t say.

It teaches them…..? Seriously?

We don’t have…a bottomless cup of funds?? Aww – say it isn’t so..

9. Sentenza says:

Is there anything that isn’t racially motivated according to the NAACP?

10. benzy says:

Okay, when a corporation goes before the U.S. Supreme Court to argue for religious freedom in regards to requirements under the Affordable (cough) Care Act, the liberals get their proverbial panties all up in a bunch telling everyone who will listen that “corporations can’t have a religion and therefore no standing to make such an argument”. Of course now, they (those same liberals) want us to believe that, although corporations can’t be “persons” when it comes to political contributions and can’t be “religious” when it comes to Obamacare, they CAN have a race. Odd that!!

• Daniel says:

The arguments about that are complete lies. Yes, the owners/operators of corporations have religious and political alignment and it should be (to some degree) respected. But the argument about someone being “denied” anything is a huge lie. What Hobby Lobby wanted was the SAME exemption that non-profits get for religious objections. Do non-profit corporations have a religion but not for-profit? That doesn’t wash with me or the supreme court. But that’s not about denial either. The ACA has an exemption which says that the INSURER will be solely responsible for providing abortion services and not the business entity with objections. No one was EVER going to be denied healthcare. Not EVER under the ACA. It was a case defending the health insurance companies’ interests while using lies to hide the fact.

• doodahdaze says:

Liberalism 101,(rule a). Any problem caused by liberalism can only be solved by more liberalism. (b) All problems are caused by not enough liberalism.

11. Lou says:

if you pay your bill, you’re a racist, and will have to pay higher water bills. when will the dissolution of the NAACP happen? I hope quickly. they are a black terrorist organization IMO with one purpose, to screw over the white man.

12. You do know that the term “Black COALition” is racist, don’t you? 😈

13. Lou says:

wait a minute….. I clicked on the picture and there is a woman wearing a shirt “Michigan Welfare Rights Organization”” am I seeing correctly?

• carterzest says:

and there is also a Turn on the water-Tax Wall Street
        and one that says. Protect Our Health-WATER=LIFE

Just out of the picture, there is another one that likely says, “Keep Obama in President”

• Does an Escalade with tinted windows and custom rims = LIFE?

Do BIGSCREEN TVs = LIFE?

Do GOLD TEEF and CUSTOM NAILS = LIFE?

Does your CELLPHONE = LIFE?

Does the BLINGING CASE FOR YOUR CELLPHONE = LIFE?

I got two words for you leeches: F…Y..

Seriously. F… Y.., every last MF’ing one of you scum.

I buy my OWN DAMN FOOD AND WATER.

So I don’t have all those luxuries, you locusts. You pathetic barnacles. You are all the holes in our sinking ship. ALL OF YOU.

• taqiyyologist says:

Hey Detroit “vibrant and diverse” people!! Rain is coming your way!

Can you figure out how to collect rainwater?

Damn. I guess you’re just too stupid. Oh, well.

Keep on voting for the very people who made you this stupid.

Die of thirst, then. I don’t care anymore. Maybe you can lick the dew off the hood of your Escalade in the morning.

• lineman says:

No they are not the holes they are the termite’s that are making the holes causing the ship to sink…Yet they are to stupid to realize that they will be drowning as well…

14. Daniel says:

This is great stuff. They are seriously painting their argument into a corner.

It reminds me of another case where an employer fired a contract company because they weren’t doing criminal background checks on their contractors. The contract employees were first-in-line to be rehired by the replacement contract company but they had to go through criminal background checks.

They called it “racist.” Since when is that “racist”? Are they saying that being a criminal is a cultural or ‘racial’ value? Does it fit into one of those categories where discrimination is not allowed? I surmised then that this is not a place they want to go with their argument.

Now they are saying not paying bills is a racial thing? I’m sorry, but the whole notion of doing business would be destroyed if that were the case. Of course, that also opens the door to complete socialism and we all know how well that has worked out over the course of human history. (Some say “socialism/communism is just ‘sharing’ and that everyone to this point have been doing it wrong.” True. If we humans could discard human nature, we’d be good to go!)

So… “going there” is not a good idea for their cause.

What is a good idea? To claim humanitarian needs over that of a select group of “majority” minorities. And if it turns out that white people there are still paying their bills? Oh… that hurts their argument even more. They’d be better off not making the argument at all.

15. joshua says:

I THOUGHT THAT BLACKWATER WAS A PARAMILITARY CONTRACTOR GROUP OF FORMER MILITARY FOLKS THAT WERE HIRED INSTEAD OF USING US MILITARY TROOPS TO DO THE HARD STUFF OVERSEAS IN CONFLICTS

16. jamison540w1 says:

We da lucky ones, whitey took us out of Africa. Get whitey, it’s payback time ! If these cry-babies don’t get their way, it’s always racist ! How stupid can it get ?

17. jeff B. says:

Wow.. Now I get it… If a white person or a white owned company sells something or provides a service for someone who is black then the black person/people can stop paying what is owed for any reason and Whitey can not attempt to collect payment or stop services because it is RACIST…

18. Ellie says:

Non payment of services = no services. You want water, you pay for it, like the rest of us. And no, water companies don’t keep racial information on their customers and then discriminate based on race. How stupid have we become…they are stupid for making the argument, we are stupid if we let them get away with it.

19. jeff B. says:

Why doesn’t the city of Detroit (as well as every other city, person, business, entity in America) file a class action lawsuit against the NAACP and all Blacks for using race as an excuse not to pay financial obligations.?

20. benzy says:

In reading the comments on the link from readers, one of them says, “water is a requirement for people, just like clean air and food”. Okay… so if we take that comment along with the NAACP’s position on the water bills to its logical conclusion… pretty soon the grocery stores in Detroit will be asked to give free food to those people who claim they cannot afford to pay for food. (or lost their food stamps or sold the balance on their EBT card or traded it for other “goods” not readily available in the supermarket) Gives new meaning to Ted Nugent’s (a Michigan native) song, “Free-for all” Detroit, home of free water, free food, free healthcare… the liberal Mecca. Or to reference another of Nugent’s songs… “Motor City Madhouse”.

21. libby says:

Naacp are the nation’s greatest SNIVEL RIGHTS organization

22. libby says:

Black privelege is not having to pay your fair share

23. Lucille says:

Why didn’t the media covering this ridiculous presser at least ask for the corporation names being accused of getting preferential treatment? Well, we know the answer on that one.

One of my relatives was a collector for a major gas company in southern California. Her job was to call various companies which were in arrears and work out a payment plan if the company was having financial difficulty. She considered it a large part of her job to not only get the monies owed but to form good relationships with the clients. She had a pleasing and calming voice, never got flustered or used accusatory language. Something the NAACP could learn about if the organization had the slightest interest in being non-racist and non-imbecilic.

The Detroit water company obviously used the same process type of payment plans in trying to recoup the monies owed them. But that is not enough for the NAACP. They blame the company for asking, not the people who are responsible for paying their bills. I’d be willing to bet thousands that a large percentage of those owing spend monies on beer, cigarettes, and other non-essentials.

Excusing blacks who act in an irresponsible manner is as racist as can be. Such bigotry is part and parcel of the race-baiting industry. Although they have always leaned left, now they are full-bore fascists. What an insult to the memory of those who began the organization (Barry Goldwater. for one, BTW).

• Lucille says:

Clarification: Goldwater was a founding member for Arizona.

(Note to website proprietor: having a way to edit posts might be a good way to go. Thanks.)

24. west1890 says:

I feel soooo guilty that I have well water. I think I’ll pour a glass of it into a legal size envelope and mail it to the NAACP in Detroit.Maybe they can equitably distribute it to those that can’t pay their water bill after buying liquor, cigarettes, gas for the Caddy, paying the cable bill and donating to OFA..

• elvischupacabra says:

I’ll go you one better and send them some fine, single-malt Scotch, after I filter out any impurities with my kidneys!

25. stella says:

Here is the podcast of the interview from this morning on WJR:

26. elvischupacabra says:

Sooooooo… If Deee-troit is a Democratically-controlled, black-run city, how can that be possible?

27. auscitizenmom says:

“The folks who are being cut off are almost one hundred percent African American.” Uh, maybe I am wrong, but aren’t most of the people in Detroit black? If I readt his chart correctly it is about 82% black. So, I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the ones cut off were black.

28. ctdar says:

What is the percent of those whose water was cut off had not paid their water bill?
    100?

29. Here'ssss_Franky says:

Three point Seven BILLION – Sure would pay for a hell of a lot of water !!!

Seems the target group of racists is misplaced – ” The call is coming from inside your house “

30. doodahdaze says:

All white people should evacuate Detroit and never look back. Leave them to stew in the soup of their own making. Escape from Detroit. I would. At all cost.

31. Sarah says:

Look at this video from NAACP conference. Black conservatives are NOT welcome. While we knew that was probably true, and leaning to the right probably was not comfortable while in NAACP company. I am amazed at the ignorance here. http://allenbwest.com/2014/07/naacp-member-tells-black-conservatives-theyre-welcome-convention-video/

32. nomorebsplease says:

This photo always has me laughing. The dude on the far right, rocking the jerry curls, is the best.

33. justfactsplz says:

There is no end to the free stuff they expect. Each year Orlando holds a big back to school event at the Amway Center. They get free back packs, free school supplies, and free haircuts. Somehow they manage to pay for fancy smancy new duds though.

34. Dollars to doughnuts the vast majority who had water shut off due to non-payment still have their cell phones and cable. Furthermore, you don’t get cut off after missing just one payment, I’m betting. My guess is they would make at least a partial payment to the cell phone/ cable to keep it on as long as possible. The UN butted in and the free loaders saw an opening to chunk the water bill into file 13.

35. I use to work at a bank and my co-worker, who was black, said she only paid half of the amount due on all of her bills. That kept everything on, so to speak. When she went to get a loan from our bank, she was denied for poor credit. The manager explained that paying only half kept her in arrears and hurt her credit. That was the early 1990’s. How long do you think it will be before the NAACP decides that denying blacks loans for poor credit is racist? Credit will soon be a right- only to minorities, though.

36. I dunno about all the hoopla but I’ll tell you one thing, they all look as serious as if they’re waitin on the results of a paternity test.