Saturday Open Thread – July 12th

tomb of the unknown - memorial dayOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to Saturday Open Thread – July 12th

1. My prayers go out to all who roost in the tree. To Sundance who drew the plans and hammered the first nail, to the fantastic admins who “ride herd” over the integrity of the “structure”, and to the pearchers that dwell here and their amazing insight, collective wealth of knowledge and the shared love of God and Country. We are in dire times that our families and friends because of their fear or chosen disbelief cannot/will not accept. To have a sanctuary such as the Treehouse to seek refuge and solace in is a BLESSING! Thank You ………….!

2. crossthread42 says:

Morning INFIDELS! I will be seeing Sunrise pictures that the Good Lord has gifted US every moring, will report back tomorrow afternoon, (Witha Big King Mackeral I hope!) God Bless!

3. 2x4x8 says:

with the immigration crisis at the border, we see Presidential contenders Gov Perry and Ted Cruz out addressing it wanting to solve the problem, so what is the other Republican Presidential Poll leader Rand Paul doing?

teaming up with Corey Booker to assist criminal kids?

4. texan59 says:

Mornin’ all. 🙂

photo a57f3899-f302-407d-bf5e-9a07c91ef7e1.jpg

5. So on yesterday’s Open Thread there was a link to a post about tuberculosis, and on that page, one of the commentors there said that the Central and South American diseases are more drug resistant because down there you don’t need a prescription to get antibiotics, you can just buy them over the counter at a drugstore. As a result, they said, people take antibiotics all the time and treat them like magic pills.

I had never heard this before. Can anyone verify this or does anyone know anything about it?

this is the link, the comment I’m talking about is the last one on the page, by Anonymous. http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/americas-impending-tuberculosis-epidemic/

• stella says:

On one trip to Mexico, one of the women in our group had a bladder infection. We were able to go to the pharmacy and buy drugs over the counter. Since that is my only experience, I don’t know exactly what drugs are legal without prescription.

• stella says:

Just read this:

Now, Mexican authorities are beginning to crack down on such commerce. In August of 2010 the Mexican government announced further restrictions on the sale of antibiotics over the counter as a result of many people self-medicating improperly during the swine flu epidemic.

• evolveideas says:

If your question is buying drugs without scrips, yes. My experience is 20-years old and in Central America and Mexico, we could buy anything OTC. If that is your question, may I ask if you are asking about regulations?
      Aside: I was thrilled to find glaucoma drops for 3$/bottle vs 50$/bottle in the US, same manufacturer/manufacturing site.

• Thanks stella, evolveideas. I don’t know that the question is so much about regulations. It might be. The comment I read more or less stated that the diseases Mexicans are bringing into this country will be worse than we can imagine because in Mexico people have self-medicated on prescriptions to the point that drug-resistant bacteria are rampant. I’m not trying to say we don’t have problems with antibiotic resistant illnesses in America; I think we’ve all heard the reports that antibiotics are over-prescribed in America too. What I am trying to do is find out if it is true that prescription medication in Mexico can be purchased OTC, because I had never heard anything about that before.

6. WeeWeed says:

Buenos dias, amigos!!! We don’ need no steenking border…..

photo 00024c20-da38-43f6-82d0-c92eca392968.gif

7. texan59 says:

Andy McCarthy on the realities of a special prosecutor for the IRS. Probably not what you want to hear.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

McCarthy is right about the mirage of the “Independent Counsel” since the “United States Office of Independent Counsel” (which reported to Congress) expired in 1999 and replaced with the “U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel” (which reports to the DoJ/Attorney General.

Note that the original provisions for an “Independent Counsel” (answering to Congress) were instituted by a democrat-controlled Congress seeking to limit the powers of the President,or to at least have the power to properly investigate allegations of misconduct within the Executive Branch, including the DoJ itself.

8. stella says:

Dennis Michael Lynch will be on Huckabee tonight and Sunday with news and video re the situation at the southern border:

9. Moishe Pipik says:

Do you pass the “Israel Test” (it’s not that kind of a test–it’s an indicator)

• justfactsplz says:

I passéd, Moishe. I knew Israel had many high achievers but didn’t know about some of their accomplishments in the vide. Thanks for posting this.

• rashomon says:

Frankly, some of the greatest fans of Israel in my community are Arab Christians who immigrated from Palestine and are now citizens. Their families go back generations around the Bethlehem area and most became farmers, not very successfully until the Jews leased the land and refurbished it, giving the elders an income and relief from working the harsh landscape. The next generations that remained there have become involved in tourism, medicine and trade, but are definitely better off thanks to the leadership of the Jewish community. Perhaps it is Islam that causes the rift?

• doodahdaze says:

It seems like the MSM is upset. Hamas is not meeting its quota of dead Israeli’s. They seem to think that the anti missile system is not fair.n Prog’s are strange.

• Sharon says:

That’s excellent. I pass, too! Excellent presentation–anyone who has ears to hear…etc. etc.

10. stella says:

In honor of Caturday!

photo mommacat_zpsfc8712e9.jpg

11. Lou says:

Has anybody seen the video on utube?
    Abortion Activist Attacks Pro-Lifers

12. arttart1983 says:

BLACK AMERICAN FROM GANG-BESIEGED BALTIMORE:
    Where can I get ASYLUM?’

Elaine, a black woman from Baltimore, expressed her outrage that President Barack Obama is putting the interests of illegal immigrant children above those of American citizens. Though the number of illegal immigrant children unlawfully entering the country has spiked since Obama unilaterally enacted his temporary amnesty program in 2012, the White House has said the primary cause of the border crisis is the rampant gang violence in Central America.

How exactly is Obama/Democrats going to quite this outrage within the black community w/Jesse Jackson already whining for money for Chicago, at least 2 billion? What about bankrupt Detroit that was the most violent city in America 5 yrs. running?

Will Obama be pressured YET again, to give billions to shut up those complaining like he backed off putting these kids on the fast track home to appease ONLY 8.7 legal voting Hispanics. Is the Hispanic voice bigger than the black voice? The rants of the black communities imo, will only get louder once they totally digest what is happening, OR, have it explained to them at Church.

• canadacan says:

The black community is on self destruct

• Sharon says:

Be sure to read the comments thread at the article. Really interesting and much of it hilariously off topic.

The insights, the outbursts, and the humor portray a population that is fed up to the gills with the guilt games, the lies, the deceivers, and also fed up with those who are predictably and willingly deceived – decade after decade.

13. BigMamaTEA says:

Considering the invasion at the border, here’s a report that needs careful scrutiny. Up at my scribd account:http://www.scribd.com/BigMamaTEA

National Center Border Security and Immigration, The University of Texas El Paso, Unaccompanied Alien Children Project, final report March 20, 2014
    This project was funded and supported by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Science
    and Technology Directorate Office of University Programs under Grant Award Number 2008ST61-
    BS0001-05
    h/t Eric Odom

• yankeeintx says:

Just after a quick scan I find that 30% of the UAC’s are “special needs”! Also CBP, ICE, HHS don’t have an integrated system to track the UAC’s? So, after they are transferred from one agency to another, there is no way to follow up, track how many beds are available at various facilities, and where the child even is located. This snip is a real eye opener (d’uh)
      Both Border Patrol and ICE ERO officers agreed that the lack of deterrence for crossing the US-Mexican border has impacted the rate at which they apprehend UACs. Officers are certain that UACs are aware of the relative lack of consequences they will receive when apprehended at the U.S. border. UTEP was informed that smugglers of family members of UACs understand that once a UAC is apprehended for illegal entry into the United States, the individual will be re-united with a U.S. based family member pending the disposition of the immigration hearing. This process appears to be exploited by illegal alien smugglers and family members in the United States who wish to reunite with separated children. It was observed by the researchers that the current policy is very similar to the ‘catch & release’ problem that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) faced prior to the passage of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004.
      Is there any gov’t agency that actually runs efficiently and effectively?

14. rashomon says:

The GOP consultants — who in the heck are they? — want to give Obama a blank check to solve the border problem? Who is Liz Mair. Republican strategist, to tell us to give into Obama latest temper tantrum? Who’s paying her bill? She sound more like Rep. Gutierrez (D-Chicago) whining about Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) seeking more info on the 430 aliens recently dumped in Chicago to be housed around the city by the Heartland Institute.

“He’s against helping a bunch of little girls?!?!” cries Gutierrez on prime time TV. Right, Luis, it’s already been determined that 60%-plus of the illegals are males over the age of 14; how much over that age we cannot say because none of them have papers proving their age or place of birth. We don’t know if they are from Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Somalia, Libya, Indonesia or any other country around the world that would like to throw the U.S. into chaos. The media prefers to take pictures of the babies, 6-year-old girls and sweet looking mamas vs. the thugs sporting tattoos and gang signs.

Sorry, I’m not for underwriting the legal community for advice (I believe that’s illegal under the law) nor the religious/NGO community who are raking it in for housing and feeding these illegals. Their education is going to come out of my property taxes; their medical care out of state and federal taxes. Nor do I care to provide these duplicate services in their home countries in order to keep those leaders from dumping their unwanted populations within our borders; that’s illegal as well, Mr. Obama.

The House needs to defund this project and all monies going to Mexico and Central America until the borders are sealed. And BTW, Adelson, Gates and Buffet need to comb their employee lists for illegals as nothing would please me more than to put their tails in jail for pushing amnesty. All benefit from importing labor found in cheaper markets while ignoring the homegrown talents.

I guess once again my time this weekend will go to contacting my lengthy list of CongressCretins who just don’t get it. Maybe we should just defund Congress until they start working for the taxpayers.

15. WeeWeed says:

Bar! Beer!! Bull-ridin’ on the Houston Rodeo!

photo 9cee906f-3824-4311-aee3-0a6b4783da36.jpg

16. labrat says:

Just posted on the DML Daily FB page. I can’t wait to see what he was able to get on the air.

I GAVE IT MY ALL
    Every appearance I make on TV ends the same way. About 10 minutes after the spot is over, I walk to my car and the cell phone rings. It’s Mary. She says, “You did great.” I argue, “No I did not, it could have been better because I forgot to say this, or I forgot to say that.” She tells me I am being too hard on myself.

Today was different. Unlike the other shows which are LIVE, not only is Huckabee taped but it’s in front of a studio audience. When my two segments were over, Gov Huckabee said my work was the best he’d seen. The audience clapped. Then as they started to change the set for the next guest (actor, John Voight), I walked off stage and a man yelled from the audience, “Thank you Mr Lynch.” I waved back and the entire audience roared with applause. It gave me goose bumps.

Then I went back into the green room which is equipped with TVs so guests can watch the show as it’s being taped. As I walked through the door John Voight was there with a group of his friends. The second he saw me, he sprung from his seat to shake my hand, “I’m John Voight.” I replied, “Dennis Michael Lynch – it’s an honor to meet you.” He said, “That was an amazing segment. Where did you come from?” I smiled and said, “Where I’m from isn’t important. It’s where I’d like to go that matters.” We posed for a picture.

I want to thank Gov Huckabee, Fox News, and the very talented Michaela for booking me for two segments. I hope it helps America and the border crisis somehow, some way. And as I told Mary, “I gave it my all, I said everything that needed to be said.” I hope none of it gets edited out. LOL

TONIGHT. HUCKABEE. 8pmET FOX NEWS CHANNEL.

• rashomon says:

Thanks for the heads-up. He did a nice job of pointing out the inaccuracies of our MSM, Obama, his minions and many members of Congress. How Perry and Brewer tolerate this mayhem, I do not know.

17. rashomon says:

A summary of Obama’s photo ops: “What Didn’t the president know…”

18. <a href="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+john+4&version=KJV"I John chapter 4 KJV

This one’s for Sharon, specifically, but also for the tree.

• taqiyyologist says:

screwed up the link at the end — sorry

1 John 4

• Sharon says:

That’s neat, taqiyy. Great instrumentals and strong voices….love the flame rising up into view around 2:50. Wow – then some great harmonies….(typing as I’m listening here….) They look like they are having a really good time out in that clearing somewhere….

19. doodahdaze says:

Looks like Israel is going in after the Muzz Terrorists!!

20. labrat says:

OMG – you’d think he’d be better than this, he gets enough practice!

21. labrat says:

better than – I hate that there’s no edit function here.

FIFY – Admin

• hoosiergranny says:

He’s a classic underachiever. He’s probably waiting for the PGA to come up with some type of affirmative action for golf.

22. Latest update on Scandal Fatigue Syndrome. It’s been determined that there is no known cure, although, symptoms may resolve under a truly conservative, law abiding government. Treatments for the symptoms can be somewhat relieved by prayer and laughter.

In order to bring some relief to my fellow treepers, I submit this video. It was shared by a friend on fb. Made me think of our fabulous admins. Has kept me smiling for several hours now. http://blog.petflow.com/14-grandparents-walked-on-stage-the-judges-werent-impressed-until-they-did-this/?utm_source=fbspblog14grandparents&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=14grandparents

• stella says:

That’s cool, hg, and it does bring a smile to the face, but really – makes you think of our fabulous admins? Some of us are older, but I don’t think any of us are that old!

Just a thought on being old, my mother said she would see herself in the mirror, and wonder, “who is that old lady?” Those men and women were coming of age in the 1940’s and 1950’s; I’m sure they were doing the jitterbug, dancing to Sinatra, then Elvis etc. Those young people still exist in the shells that look old and worn.

23. Dixie Darling says:

Although we all already know this because Sundance and staff has put the whole story together for us, the book, Blood Feud, has blown Barry’s cover completely off the Benghazi scandal and it would appear to have done some of Trey Gowdy’s work for him.

24. stella says:

The EPA strikes again:

EPA regs likely to kill 68-year-old Louisiana peach orchard

25. I wonder if this extraordinary video of the IRS proceedings was mentioned and I missed it:

“Stuff” starts around minute 14. Excellent Trey Gowdy, disgustingly demagogic Cummings…. if you have high blood pressure not highly recommended.