Duh…. Ya, think they would consider making car tires illegal if no car moved on anything except tires?….. Prolly.

undefined(Via WeaselZippers) Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday the state is not rolling back the nation’s most stringent gun control measure by keeping 10-bullet magazines legal, even though they would have been outlawed in a bill that passed earlier this year.

Cuomo and legislative leaders in state budget talks plan to change the law that was passed in January before a provision kicks in banning the sale of 10-bullet magazines. The gun measure outlaws the purchase of any magazines that carry more than seven bullets, the nation’s most stringent limit. That would have put a severe limit on the sale of guns with industry standard 10-bullet magazines when the provision of the law went onto effect on April 15.

“There is no such thing as a seven-bullet magazine. That doesn’t exist, so you really haveHumor in Nature no practical option,” Cuomo said [why didn’t he think of that before passing the law? -ed.]. He told reporters that any suggestion this will be a rollback of the law is “wholly without basis.”

Cuomo said the state needs to allow the sale of handguns and rifles with 10-shot magazines, but New Yorkers will still be required to keep no more than seven bullets in them, except at shooting ranges and competitions. Violating the seven-bullet limit is a misdemeanor, but a violation if the magazine was in the owner’s home.

He says the law is still enforceable. The law was the first gun control measure passed in the nation after the December shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., beating release of the Obama administration’s proposal by a day.  (read more)

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Dem Hypocrisy, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Stupid Progs – New York Has To Reverse Magazine Ban Because No-One Makes 7 Round Mags…..

1. If I lived in New York first I would facepalm and then get the hell out of the state.

2. Chip Bennett says:

Effectively banning loaded firearms by banning magazines with capacities greater than seven rounds is merely a symptom. The root cause is that Progressives simply cannot grasp the principle of unintended consequences.

3. maggiemoowho says:

I would have high tailed it out of NY years ago, Cuomo and Bloomberg care about nobody, but themselves.

4. boricuafudd says:

This ladies and Gents could be our next President. Sign into law a bill with unenforceable conditions and insist the law can still work. Where have I heard something similar?

5. waltherppk says:

The Liberty Movement has a vote too, even though some people don’t think so…..yet.

6. chevymisty says:

The magazine ban here in Colorado that our Gov. Nincompooper signed into law today bans pretty much every magazine out there. Why? because of a plate that can be taken out to CLEAN the gun. You see extenders can be put on those mags and so instead of banning the extenders they ban the magazines that can be extended…When that was brought up to them you know what the dumb a** libtards said? “Well magazine makers will just have to make magazines that don’t have those plates. They have responded to other states with similar magazine bans, they will here too.” *facepalm* if I didn’t love my state so much…

• czarowniczy says:

That’s how they do it, they pass the law with a buried poison pill, like Feinstein’s original version, parsed by gun-grabbing politicians, could have banned any gun with a magazine that could have been removed, including workhorse hunting rifle like the ’98 Mauser ands Remington 700 – both bolt action but capable of being fitted with aftermarket removable magazines. As for the 7-round limit in New York I think some prog politician with the foresight of a mole has never progressed in his/her knowledge beyond the 1911A1 with its standard 7-round mag. The blind leading the sighted.

7. Burnt Toast says:

They are not so much against any gun (as evidenced by their own armed body guards), they are against ‘bitter clingers’, who have the audacity to defend themselves.

• Patriot Dreamer says:

We are living in Animal Farm now. They are allowed to have bodyguards, paid for by we the taxpayers. We (in their view) are not allowed to use firearms to defend ourselves under any circumstances. We should just curl up in a little ball and use our Democrat-approved rape whistles. /sarc

8. ZurichMike says:

I don’t know much about guns. Is there a “workaround” that clever gun-owners will have in New York? Am I right in thinking they will just have more 10-round sized magazines filled with 7 bullets? Will the Colorado law be tossed because it effectively strips 2nd Amendment in full?

• ZurichMike says:

Personally, I would run the risk of having full, 10-round magazines in New York if it meant my safety and those in my home.

• nwtex says:

My goodness. This is lunacy. It’s a crying shame that people have to even think of this carp (# of bullets the gov’t ALLOWS)! What the heck!

If there is a home invasion that means 2-3-4, or more, idiots rushing your home and scattering in all directions …. so ya have to be extra nervous knowing that you have extreme limitations (and government over your shoulder COUNTING) and you best be an EXCELLENT marksman. Jail could be in the offing.
        I am so disgusted with all this prog carp!!

So what happens if one violates the law by having 10 rounds and it is the 8th or 9th that saves your, or family members life? After time the government may let you slide but all the aggravation leading up to justice would be sickening. Actually even having to give ONE moment of thought to the possible (likely) ramifications is flat out un American IMO!

May God continue to Bless this beautiful Country and please show us how we can restore our LIBERTY!

• boricuafudd says:

You actually think they will let you slide, it will depend in which part of the state you are, in the more liberal areas, chances are that you will be charged and prosecuted. It has been done before.

• Coast says:

Whatever capacity my mags hold, is what I load. It’s that simple.

• Burnt Toast says:

Nothing clever.

The current crop of crop often round sub-compact pistols and new more powerful calibers was a direct response to the limit of ten rounds in the last AWB – the 1911 .45 and revolvers were the standard as was the newer (relatively) low power (relatively) high capacity Browning Hi-Power. Being limited to ten rounds drove a market demand for more compact truly higher power weapons, say .357 SIG and 10mm.

Going back to 7 rounds gives an incentive to build something the size of a 7 round single stack .380 (fits in the palm of your hand) with the power/peformance of a 12 gauge slug and 30-06.

It actually can be done economical, the big hurdle is the new chamber/round

• ZurichMike says:

THANK YOUI I mentioned on another thread that I hope I am not appearing too dense — I just don’t understand all of this, although I should learn — my nephew just started a job as a engineer at Smith & Wesson!

• lovemygirl says:

How does the 10mm compare to the 45 ACP? I’ve handled a few but never fired a 10. I found the 40 to be too “snappy” as described by others. Found the 45 to be just right but never did try a 10mm. Is it fairly similar?

• malc says:

.40S&W is the reduced recoil version of the 10mm. Some say the S&W stands for “Short & Weak”.
          So if .40 cal is too much for you, then 10mm would definitely be worse.

• Cyber says:

The 10mm round is a high-pressure round (so are .40S&W and .357SIG rounds) and packs a big punch. It is more powerful than .45APC which is the standard .45 caliber round you commonly see (there is also the .45GAP which is shorter and not very common.)

I’ve never shot a 10mm but from the specs it is a beast. It takes something rather large and heavy to make such a round practical to shoot. A Glock 20 for instance. Note that 10mm pistols are popular with those who hunt wild pigs.

• sirwin says:

the 10mm is the parent cartridge of the 40 S&W. the 40 has a slightly shorter case. there isn’t really a scientific way to measure how the recoil feels, so here’s some numbers on muzzle energy: (varying based on bullet weight and powder load)

40 S&W: 400-500 ft-lbf
          45 ACP: 350-600 ft-lbf
          10mm Auto: 675-875 ft-lbf

Also the gun used to test will impact how the recoil feels. a heavier gun such as an aluminum frame or steel frame will absorb more of the recoil than a polymer frame.

• chevymisty says:

I know that since the laws were passed this morning there have been petitions for recall votes and lawsuits put forth by the Colorado Sheriffs. There is very little support here for the gun ban bills. I hope they get repelled…and I hope Nincompooper gets out of office soon.

9. Cyber says:

One more thing concerning 7 round magazines. Many single-stack semi-auto pistols come with 6 or 7 round magazines. I own a couple of such guns, along with higher-capacity weapons. I live in Missouri so there’s no limit on mag capacity. My CCW is often a Sig P938 which is a single-stack 9mm all-metal pistol with a standard 6 round magazine and an extended 7-round magazine that I had to purchase separately and are very hard to find right now. My wife carries a S&W M&P Shield, which is a single-stack 9mm polymer frame pistol that comes with a 7-round magazine and an 8-round magazine. Both magazines came with the gun when purchased new. I would imagine they would give NY’ers just two 7-round mags but who knows.

Glocks are an example of what is called a double-stack design. Their magazines are wider and allow more rounds to be loaded in the magazine for a given length of magazine, roughly 50% more. My Glock 26 is pretty much the same size as my P938 but it is thicker and holds 10 rounds in it’s extended mag version versus 7 rounds for the P938. The P938 is easier for me to carry concealed because one of the main features of weapons that are easy to carry is thickness, especially if you carry in an inner-waistband holster.

One cool thing about Glocks is that my Glock 26, which is a subcompact weapon (aka “Baby Glock”) can take magazines from any of the other 9mm pistols in Glock’s line. I can use 15 round Glock 21 magazines, 17 round Glock 17 magazines, 19 round extended Glock 17 magazines, and 33 round Glock 18 magazines. I have a number of the 17 round mags and when I go to the range it makes it less work because I don’t have to load magazines as often. I wouldn’t carry my Glock 26 with one of those big mags, but I would possibly consider keeping one of those loaded 17-round mags in a coat pocket or something like that, just in case.

10. Patriot Dreamer says:

11. Pingback: The Governor Is An Idiot … Because Governing By Emotion Works So ell | YouViewed/Editorial

12. Cesar BBiano says: