11-4 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

159 Responses to 11-4 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. diwataman says:

There was a lot of talk on yesterdays thread regarding the Zimmerman case in regards to race and the big picture so to speak. I viewed it as an effort of people trying to grasp what truly is the complexity that surrounds the this case. I don’t think it’s possible or correct to attribute any one thing to what I can only describe as a phenomena. There are just too many players with varying motivations; some genuine, some nefarious.

People have made comparisons to the Duke Lacrosse case, the Tawana Brawley case and in some ways the Casey Anthony case, all of which I’m sure share some aspects to the Zimmerman case. But the Zimmerman case seems to be a combination of those other cases plus some. Perhaps it’s because I have gone through nearly every detail of the Zimmerman case, for what will be going on eight months soon, and my lack of in depth knowledge of those other cases is what accounts for what as I see as a difference.

The first thing that has truly bothered me the most is the media. Has there ever been such a concerted effort on such a wide front to focus, negatively so, on some unknown citizen involved in a homicide while simultaneously making a concerted effort to focus, positively so, on the other unknown citizen? Have you ever seen the media give such an open, unquestioning and unchallenging, platform to one side? And for so long that it continues to this day, i.e. Sybrina Fulton on Ricki Lake?

It may sound harsh or cruel, though that is not my intent, but there is nothing remarkable about the homicide itself. That is no doubt why there was no media interest at first and why Ryan Julison had a hard time of selling the story. As much as I despise Julison for what he has done you have to admire what he’s been able to do. He convinced the world that a white man profiled, hunted down, and murdered in cold blood an innocent little black boy who was just walking down the street with some skittles and the police tried to sweep it under the rug so action had to be taken. Make no mistake, Julison is going to have a long and successful career, Obama should have hired him.

The second thing that has bothered me the most is the people. Why were they so willing to accept such a thing so uncritically? Is the story Julison sold that commonly understood among the people? Are little twelve year old black boys being hunted down and murdered so often by white vigilantes that people just reacted to the Julison tale with an attitude of “what’s new in the country”? Looking at it this way it would laughable if it were not so tragic.

Thankfully some of the narrative has been shifted along the way. And I think the majority of people now, who champion “the cause”, realize Trayvon was not a twelve year old boy and I think they realize George is not some rabid racist stalking the lands in hunt for little black boys. But for the most part, I think the essence of the story to this day remains the same in the hearts and minds of the masses.

• jordan2222 says:

Outstanding is all that needs to be said about this post.

• rumpole2 says:

On the face of it, it’s amazing that the (false) narrative persists, but then again, (sorry to sound like a cracked record) it is “Cognitive Dissonance”… people invested in that narrative, so even as evidence comes out to contradict their initial beliefs .. it’s hard to “admit you were wrong” as it were.. it is often easier to adjust how you perceive these facts, or deny them. In some cases to repress them altogether….. see these new facts, but not take them on board at all. Perhaps literally forget you see them.

I know from my perspective initially the basic “facts” fitted the Julison construction.. so not difficult to see why he succeeded in promoting that. I heard of a “child” shot by a guy who was a neighbourhood watch type guy. I accepted that. Sadly shootings are not uncommon in USA, so I doubt I would have given it much more attention. I assumed some overzealous amateur neighbourhood watch guy shot an innocent child by mistake.
      That is the CORE of the Julison narrative. Quite easy to add “Racist” since child is black and shooter is “White” (as we thought)… Guy told to stay in his truck (false, but close enough before details are clarified) etc….
      I don’t think Julison did that brilliant a job…. the core of the narrative fell in his lap.. the rest could be plastered on quite easily. In fact, it looks like he did not do such a brilliant job because it is starting to unravel. Perhaps (as others have suggested) the idea was an arrest, a quick plea… the narrative can not actually withstand proper scrutiny. Julison and the Scheme Team actually miscalculated.

• justfactsplz says:

Absolutely they thought George would plea and this case would never see the light of day in a courtroom. Huge mistake on their part. They picked the wrong person to railroad. George would never plea. Now they are in so deep they don’t know what to do. It serves them right for all of their evil deeds.

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

Rompole,
        Have they ever been punished for their lies? no negative consequences, would seem to mean there is no need to stop(though I wish they would)? It is not like the florida bar has any teeth and would stand up for justice? Nah

• rumpole2 says:

Of course if there are no consequences for bad acts.. people will keep trying the same.
          I don’t see many cases in depth.. but I have seen lawyers bend and break the rules before.. and nothing happen to them. I have seen witnesses commit perjury and nothing happen. I see politicians tell lies every day at the moment, sometimes the lies even get pointed out and talked about, but the politicians repeat the same lies the next day.
          So, yes, I am cynical about the judicial and political process.

• rumpole2 says:

Oh… and probably WORST of all is: I see “journalists” get things wrong (lie) or perhaps just not bother to question or research information.
            To a large extent the “journalists” are the missing factor… it is their failure that allows bad acts to continue largely unpunished.

• lovemygirl says:

I agree it was an excellent post. I don’t recall exactly how I found this video on Youtube but it tells me there are plenty that know the game. It was Published on Mar 27, 2012 by 5723michael. Strong language!
      Treyvon Martin & black slaves

• howie says:

In this case. Take away race. What is then left?

• rumpole2 says:

Simple self defence case. Accepted from the outset.. no PCA … no charges brought against GZ at all.

• howie says:

That is the test. The proof. Take away race, then you must take away the racists. All you are left with is the SPD investigation and Wolfinger. It is only when you add Julison, Crump, Jackson, Sharpton, NBPP, Obama, Holder, Bondi, Corey, Scott, Bonaparte, Lester, The Black Caucus, and the MSM, that the scheme becomes visible. Without race the case is simple. The fear of the racists was that the GJ would have either charged manslaughter while trying to prevent a felony, or no bill.
          The charge Serino was proposing would have labeled Martin as a felon.

• raiikun says:

Ya know, thinking about some of the arguments that I’ve had with the anti-GZ crowd, I think I realized at least a *small* part of their ignorance is understandable. That’s not to excuse their refusal to educate themselves past their ignorance, but there are a lot of things at play that cause an inaccurate picture of this to be painted even to those with honest intentions.

Florida’s Sunshine laws demand that all of this information be released publicly, but it doesn’t demand anything beyond just the availability of the information; so a lot of it gets misinterpreted by the masses. People see “Intermediate range” and conclude “omg! That means it wasn’t at close range, proving George wrong!”, without understanding that the medical examiner probably uses that phrase as normal language to mean it wasn’t a contact shot, and that the forensic evidence indicates that the shot was about 3 inches from the skin, pressed against the clothes.

People see “Straight shot, front to back” and assume that means the shot was in a perfectly perpendicular line to the body, when it doesn’t say that at all, and that the phrase means nothing more than “the shot went in a straight line, from the front side to the back side” and would be accurate to describe a shot of any number of angles. Further, where the bullet ended up is not directly behind where it went in.

Then they take a few of those basic misconceptions and build their entire paradigm around them. The bullet holes then don’t line up because “George was grabbing the shirt”, forgetting it’s perfectly normal for clothes to settle and hang like that, especially with a beverage in the front pocket. A couple of experts decide it was Trayvon screaming because of the youthful sounding voice, and they jump on it, forgetting that George is the one of the pair with the higher, more timid, youthful sounding voice. (I suffer from the same voice problem heh, going on 40 but still sound like a 15 year old.)

Forunately, I’m sure the jury (and Judge, since immunity is so likely) will see the evidence presented properly. They won’t see “intermediate range shot” and be expected to figure out what that means; they’ll be told the shot was pressed against Trayvon’s clothes, a couple inches from the skin. They’ll have it explained how all the forensics match up with the shot happening while Trayvon is on top of George. They’ll have it emphasized that the screaming in pain was happening while George was pinned down and in pain. And hopefully once the evidence is presented in this manner, the people who have been ignorant will at least understand why they were wrong; even if there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of them admitting it.

• myopiafree says:

Diwatman – Well said! I try to simplify and clarify the subject of George’s self-defense of his life, against a violent thug. But only if the person himself is willing to LEARN – is it possible to tell that story – about the gross perversion of the Florida Justice system by the sociopath B. Crump. If you admire Hitler-Gobles (evil genius) then you can admire Crump-Julison in their propaganda machine. I don’t know how much Julison new – but he had better “know it now”. Since the lie started with Crump, I would expect that Julison would be called to testify in court about his role in this debacle. He will probably state that he honestly thought that Crump was just telling him the complete truth. Maybe that will work for Julison – I truly don’t know. But the best way to understand this Crump-induced tragedy — is to understand Nifong-1, and then continue your reading. Thanks!

• TandCrumpettes says:

Wow. This post is perfect. Its as if you channeled right into my brain this morning – however you express it so much more eloquently than I.

I am in absolute agreement with your two points. There is nothing harsh or cruel about admitting there is nothing remarkable about this case. Its not. This sort of thing has happened before – Homeowner Shoots Suspected Intruder, Poor Sod was Just Lost.

I can think of two cases off the top of my head that were fairly recent. In one, an Asian student approached a home, but couldn’t speak English very well and did not “go away” when the homeowner demanded he do so. Tragic ending.

In another, a drunk fellow approached a home so he could call a cab. When the occupant didn’t answer the door, the drunk guy scaled the fence, went around back and started banging on the back door. Another tragic ending.

Now, as tragic as these cases are, the homeowners are not at fault. The “intruders” had no malicious intentions at all but they still behaved in a way that scared the living daylights out of the homeowner (especially the second case). Any reasonable person would have acted the same way. Any reasonable person would be terrified, and that’s why those two men are not in prison today.

George’s case goes much farther than that. So you see a suspicious person who may or may not actually be doing anything wrong, and that’s okay because the police have been notified. They will figure it out.

But the “victim” doesn’t allow it to get to that point, now does he? He’s so insulted by the situation that he feels the need to beat up the guy who had the audacity to “look at him funny.” If you believe George’s claim that TM circled the vehicle (which I do), then here we have a “victim” who’s been so insulted to find out that he’s had the cops called on him.

(here’s an aside – I completely believe that TM circled the truck. Why else would he run from a guy sitting in a truck talking on the phone? If he hadn’t gotten close enough to overhear, how did he know George wasn’t just chatting up a girlfriend, his mother, ordering a pizza, etc.? There’s no need to run from that. However, when you overhear someone say, “Just send them over here, please!” Oops – that means COPS.)

So the call to police really pissed TM off. Whether that was because he felt “dissed,” or because he actually doing something wrong, or in possession of something he shouldn’t have – that’s yet to be determined. But we do know for sure he was P.O’d.

Now we have GZ who was a little scared to begin with, now full-force terrified to have this person not only clock him in the nose, but mount him and continue beating him severely. All for “looking” at him. All for calling the cops.

Any reasonable person would be in fear for their life. Its not as if this beating were going to change George’s perception about this suspicious person. Funny how people believe that it should have – that George should have thought, “Oh my, if he’s beating me up, he must not have been up to anything bad!”

Which brings us to your second point – the people.

I don’t know why people accepted the false narrative from day one. This is not “just another day in America.” It reminds me of middle-high school where people will spread rumors that they know darn well aren’t true, but the story is so good, it bears repeating.

Perhaps people like to believe America really is like this so they will have something to stand for.

But I know that it is certainly possible for events to have unfolded the way the schemers are saying it did…but its highly unlikely.

George is 4 years younger than me. I like to consider that we’re the same generation. Depending on birthdays, we could have very well went to high school together.

There is almost NO certainty (chances one in 100 million, probably) that a Gen-Y’er would call police and blatantly use racial epithets to a complete stranger. The white-guilt is strong with us, yes indeedy. (though George is not white, but what other term is there? Non-black guilt? Other-Race-Dependant-On-The-Race-Of-The-Speaker-Guilt? I’m just gonna go with white-guilt for brevity.)

I believe that George knew all along that TM was black, and only said “he looks black” as a disclaimer, “I’m not racist, but he’s black.” So here is the only lie he really told – more like an itty-bitty fib, told in order to stay polite about the unfortunate circumstance.

There is no way in hell that a Gen-Y’er, who we know love their hoodies, would ever think a fellow walking in the rain with his hood pulled up would be suspicious. It would be more suspicious if TM hadn’t had his hood up! It would be most suspicious if TM hadn’t had a hoodie at all! Gen-Y’ers and below practically LIVE in hoodies! Something else has to catch a Gen-Y’ers eye. Wandering around, perhaps? Circling vehicles? Sounds reasonable to me!

But for some reason the people don’t accept that. Occam’s Razor does not exist here. Its much too farfetched to believe that a “kid” on suspension from school would be wandering around a community because he has little to no parental involvement, get P.O’d when the cops are called on him, and go and beat up the guy who was responsible for “getting him into trouble.” Nope, too farfetched.

Its much easier to believe that a hulking 28-year old would be driving along, muttering to himself about how much he hates little black kids. Then he spots one! Its like spotting a wasp on the patio! “Oh! A black kid! Kill it! Kill it!”

So the hulking, racist 28-year old with nothing better to do but screw up little black kids’ lives, calls the police to report absolutely NOTHING but “there’s a black guy walking down the street! Go get him!” Throw in some really outdated words like “coons” – after all, its so believable that a 28-year old would say that.

But the innocent little black kid is getting away before cops arrive! Time to take the law into your own hands! Go for it!

Now the hulking, racist 28-year old has become Jason freaking Voorhees and is able to start chasing the innocent little black kid who was running/skipping/jogging in a straight line for two whole minutes – but George is easily able to find his “target,” catch up, and wind up AHEAD of his victim in order to chase him back to the place the whole thing started. You see, this was an attempt by George to make the whole thing appear as if his victim attacked him at the T. It would look just terrible if the altercation happened by Brandi’s house!

So George does his amazing Jason Voorhees trick again and winds up ahead of his target yet again, this time to scare the kid enough to get on top of him and beat him up. See, George needs the neighbors to see him on the bottom or else the upcoming murder will look like…a murder! He’s got to make it look like an attack!

So he taunts/scares innocent little black kid just enough to get him to mount him. He screams to get the attention of neighbors. As soon as he’s certain enough neighbors have been the scuffle, he shoots. He scores!

Now that the deed has been done, its time to make it REALLY look like self-defense. Even though every neighbor is watching by this time, George smacks his own head on the concrete, breaks his own nose, rolls around in the grass.

The neighbors, however, have all conspired to not mention that part.

Police have arrived, and just as they ask, “What you go and do that for…..” they see the victim was “just” a black kid. Never mind. Case dismissed.

That’s more believable? In any other case, it wouldn’t be. Somehow, this case has really flipped on the “stupid” button in people’s brains. Even if George were the horrible, murderous racist that the media makes him out to be, its quite impossible that all of the neighbors would conspire to help him out and a racist PD cover it up.

• justfactsplz says:

I think George also thought Trayvon overheard him talking to the dispatcher. That is why George did not want to give his address. He had lost sight of Trayvon and did not know if he was close by listening or not.

• ftsk420 says:

“There is no way in hell that a Gen-Y’er, who we know love their hoodies, would ever think a fellow walking in the rain with his hood pulled up would be suspicious. It would be more suspicious if TM hadn’t had his hood up!”

Guess I would fall into this Gen-Yer category. I for one wasn’t into hoodies all that much unless of course I was trying to conceal my identity. Now with all the different stories about the hoodie the one I believe the most is the one where Trayvon put his hoodie on cause the white man was looking at him. That right there is very suspicious. If I see someone of any color lurking around and the moment they lock eyes with me they put a hoodie on they are up to something. I agree 100% with the racial part of your post. You are correct that our age generation would never do that and our age generation would never even think to use the word “Coon”

• TandCrumpettes says:

I wasn’t into hoodies at all when I was young, but once I hit my 30s and found myself owning a very unfortunate-looking body post-partum, I look forward to cold weather so I can wear them all the time!

But nobody’s going to think anything is suspicious about wearing them (up) unless its, oh, about 90 degrees outside, you’re indoors, or like you said, they put it up the moment they see you. Its common sense – no one is going to think anything is “weird” about anyone wearing a hood in the rain.

Even in Dee Dee’s story she admits he put up the hoodie because George was looking at him. Why, though? What’s the point? When you’re walking down the street, sooner or later somebody’s going to look at you.

I don’t know if I am convinced yet that TM wasn’t already wearing the hood. I don’t know and I really don’t care. He did a lot more suspicious things that night – it seems to me the hoodie crap is a MacGuffin.

• jello333 says:

IMO, the hoodie thing is just one of the points Dee Dee was instructed (by Crump or ??) to bring up. Like several other parts of her and Trayvon’s supposed conversation, I don’t believe for a second Trayvon actually said that to her. “I’m putting my hoodie up now.” HA! Whether he did it because of the rain, or because of George looking at him… I don’t believe for a second he would relay that info to Dee Dee. Same goes for the “mail thing”, the “gon run from the back”, etc.

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

not to disagree with you ftsk, but I believe GOONS is what was said (the media loved to lie about this case….goons was changed to coons to help maintain the false narrative)

• jello333 says:

Nope, from the first time I heard it, I thought the word was “punks”. And I’m pretty sure in one of his interviews with the cops, George himself says that’s what it was.

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, he said “punks” and that is what I also heard the very first time I heard the tape.

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

prolly right (coons rhymes with punks) and the local gang was known as the punks

• jello333 says:

Touché! 😉 But no, I still think I’m right. He pronounces it funny, sorta like he’s barely opening his mouth as he’s saying it. Listen to it again, focusing on a different word and you might hear it.

• ftsk420 says:

My point is they tried to make it sound like he said coons. I have heard many different racial slurs growing up but the word coon was never one of them. Our age generation wouldn’t think to use that word.

• Ugh says:

IMO it all goes back to “If I had a son….”, and white guilt. Because even when the evidence came out showing GZ did act in self defence people started up with “he should never have left his truck”, people will twist the truth to not admit being wrong also, being human and stubborn.

• TandCrumpettes says:

Yep. “He should have never left the truck” is all they have left. But no one has ever explained why. That’s because the truth hurts.

Could it be because TM was violent?

• hooson1st says:

…and TM should have gone home

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

TM Should have been home and never left the home (on punishment as traydad claimed-maybe traydad didnt lie and his idea of punishment is to offer rewards and extra freedoms when your kid makes major mistakes). If the kid was really punished, he wouldnt have been allowed to leave the home to go to the store or to a movie (he wouldnt have had to leave the home for food if his parents did the food shopping thing most other parents do so their kids dont need to roam the streets looking for food).

• grahase says:

Santorum, like Gingrich, suggested the situation could be handled by local officials. The FBI, Justice Department and U.S. Attorney’s office have said they will investigate the killing. “I think that the local and state can do a great job here,” Santorum said in Louisiana Friday, after firing at a shooting range. He added that “you already see the local community is reacting and responding and hopefully this matter will be an example of what law enforcement needs to do in a case like this.”

“Stand Your Ground is not doing what this man did,” Santorum said. “So, there’s a difference between Stand Your Ground and doing what he did and it’s a horrible case. It’s chilling to hear what happened and of course the fact that law enforcement didn’t immediately go after and prosecute this case is another chilling example of you know obviously horrible decisions made by people in this process.”

• ytz4mee says:

Trayvon should never have been suspended the third time, if Tracey and Sabrina had been doing their jobs as involved and concerned parents. If they want to know who is ultimately responsible for their son’s tragic death, they only need to look in a mirror.

• Ricky Jimenez says:

diwataman, SDC’s April 28th posting had a communication he received from Julison where he claimed that he has not made a dime off this case. Do you know if that is true or false? What sort of contract do you think he has with Crump and how would he benefit in case there is a big payout to Martin’s parents by somebody? What is Julison’s current involvement? I know I am in a minority when I consider it possible that Crump and Julison might have been duped by the parents into getting involved in something they didn’t investigate properly and now feel they are now stuck and have to continue. Their level of prior achievement indicates a much higher lever of intelligence than the people directly involved in the killing and the witnesses.

• howie says:

I wonder if he is the Mole?

• myopiafree says:

Hi Ricky – I do NOT believe Julison. One way or another – he was going to “make money” or “make fame” out of this case. I think he knew that he was being “fibbed too”, but I doubt he detected the total LIES that were told to him by Crump. I think he gradually realized that he MIGHT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS LIES – AT A FUTURE DATE. That is why he attempted to “kill” his relationship with Crump. I think the MEDIA will wake up (in the form of law suits against them for their SLANDER and LIBEL) and may attempt to sue Julison for his false facts. It is amazing to me how easy it was for Crump to develop this lie – and for Julison to “sell” it as a “expose” of the “racism” of the Sandford Police Department – as well as Norm’s presumed “Racism”.

• Ricky Jimenez says:

I wasn’t aware “he attempted to “kill” his relationship with Crump”. To what are you referring? I wish somebody knowledgeable in these matters will spell out exactly what Julison invented beyond Martin’s parents and what he implemented. Anybody know if Crump and Julison had worked together previously?

• myopiafree says:

Others on TreeHouse can confirm – but Julison erased his “Face Book” account, and other identification of his involvement in this case.

• jordan2222 says:

Use the search engine at the top right of this page. Enter Ryan Julison to see screen shots of his online activities.

• Ricky Jimenez says:

It is difficult to follow. Currently, Julison Comunications’ webpage is up but there is nothing about his involvement in Martin-Zimmerman. Is the belief here that he is no longer involved?

• jordan2222 says:

All references by Julison to this case have been scrubbed. ALL means ALL as in Facebook, Twitter and his website. Last I heard, Julison was in CA and that is all I know

• jello333 says:

Personally, I think he’s still involved. But I think he is just no longer publicly disclosing that fact. And yeah, I think the Treehouse’s exposure of him caused him to rethink his strategy.

• hooson1st says:

Julison actions since his exposure on CTH are indicative of a tacit admission that he has goofed up big.

• jordan2222 says:

No doubt… but “goofed up” hardly describes his predicament. I do not think it is a valid defense in court, even in civil suits

• jello333 says:

Steve Martin used to say that the one phrase you need to remember if you ever get in trouble, is “I forgot.” No matter what, when you’re asked why you did this or that, just say “I forgot.” Wonder if that might work for Julison?

• jordan2222 says:

Humm.. so maybe I forgot” is a valid defense? You might be on to something.

• arkansasmimi says:

I do too Jello333. I think he knows too much for the Chump team to let him go on his Merry way… He has too much to lose …. wonder who is holding what over whose head to not spill the beans of the truth .

• jello333 says:

Oh, I have little doubt that every person on the Scheme Team and in Corey’s office, and several others, are now constantly looking at each other with suspicion. Trying to figure out who might be a “mole”, who might be the first to rat out the others, who might be looking for a deal to keep themselves out of trouble, etc. I doubt any of them are getting much sleep at night. And I feel really bad for them, Oh wait, lemme rephrase that… BHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• jordan2222 says:

BHAHAHAHAHAHA! has become the battle cry of the Progs but I suspect you know that.

• jello333 says:

Hmm… no, not sure what you mean. But you KNOW I’m not a “prog” as in an Obama supporter, at least. 😉 Oh, and I just realized I didn’t even spell it right. I use that a lot, but it’s supposed to be BWAHAHAHAHA! Supposed to be like a Dr. Evil laugh or something. I left out the “W” on the other one… is this better? 😉

• jordan2222 says:

And you know that I know you are not a “prog.” I am just feeling wacky today.

• jello333 says:

Oh, and as for a “prog”, I’m no longer even sure what that means. All I know is that I consider myself an old-fashioned liberal, and I’ve had my share of fights with people who call themselves “progressives”. So apparently those names aren’t totally interchangeable.

• Sharon says:

If you look at Julison’s personal work history, which was written about way back in the spring, you will see that he seems to have a knack for having issues in his roles as a PR person. He didn’t get snookered. He maybe began to realize he had tied into something that might have it’s own life, to his detriment, but he didn’t get snookered.

• John Galt says:

“I think the MEDIA will wake up (in the form of law suits against them for their SLANDER and LIBEL) and may attempt to sue Julison for his false facts.”

Only if Julison has applicable insurance or substantial assets. Otherwise they might want to rethink their policy about outsourcing fact checking responsibility to paid media whores.

• Lee says:

Diwataman – you have done amazing work in the Zimmerman/Martin case. I am nothing short of impressed with your video analyzes. I am not impressed in the least with Ryan Julison – disgusted, appalled, angered – yes. Is he good at his job of being a liar, manipulator, and accomplice in the destruction of the Zimmermans – yes. But, I could never applaud someone for being a good snake oil salesman. The fact that the media is controlled by a minority of the same bedfellows is the problem. Once Julison picked up the phone – it was probably only a couple of phone calls away from the explosion – the call to NBC (which is GE and NBC Universal / Comcast/Vivendi/Bravo/telemundo/Dow Jones & Co/CNBC/USA/Sci-Fi/Appleitunes) and ABC(which is Disney/ESPN/Hyperion/AETNA) and CBS (which is Viacom/Paramount/Fox/MTV) – was easy to do when all you had to do was grab the ear of some of their promoters like Sharpton/Jackson and lie about a little boy and his pocketful of candy. Why people were so quick to accept and still refuse to listen to the truth? Some ignorance, some racist, some shallow, some insecure and want the sympathy fame, and GULLIBLE – and that scares the hell out of me. Oh, and it pays well – that 15 minutes of fame.

• nameofthepen says:

Diwataman – Funny you should have this great post up here, and I was just debating with myself whether or not I should bring up something disturbing which I ran across yesterday.

If the “George Zimmerman, racist White, cop-wanna-be, almost-got-away-with-it murderer of innocent little Black children” story is losing steam, is this to be its understudy, brought onstage to keep the meme going?

I swear, the script is the same ol’ same ol’, just the time ,scenery and miscellaneous details are re-vamped.

Script: A homeowner (the callous White man character) causes death of two innocent little Black children (the Trayvon character). Nobody has seen the grieving Mother yet, but, according to the liberal, White-hating media, her anonymous story is to be absolutely believed (the DeeDee character).

I strongly recommend clicking through to read the forum on that one. There’s a character by the handle of “BSOG3” who is working the forum full-time. And, sure enough, there’s already a lynch-mob forming who want to burn down the guy’s house. Un-freakin’-believable!

My god…what can I do to convince people to get the “electronic Mephistopheles” OUT OF THEIR HOMES before it’s too late?

• here is something totally wrong with this story. How could a woman who held onto a tree for hours while holding onto two children all of a sudden be able to make it to this mans back porch, and be able to pick up that concrete potted plant holder-while still holding onto her children too, and throw it through the glass doors as claimed, and her ” just a little woman” ? I also notice it seems to be being claimed it was based on racism as the reason she wasn’t helped by anyone in the neighborhood. Of course, the white man wasn’t to be believed when he said a man, notice he didn’t designate color, was the one who threw the flower pot (I checked other stories). I think this story is another one (there have been many this year) to stir up the race issue , victim mentality and entitlement issues flowing around this year. JMO

• nameofthepen says:

Deborah Cutchins says: “I think this story is another one (there have been many this year) to stir up the race issue…”

Exactly my thoughts, too. That story morphed so many times.
          She had her kids in her arms, while holding onto the roots of a tipped-over tree.
          She put her kids on top of the car, and a wave swept them away.
          She had her kids on the porch and a wave swept them away.
          She went from house to house asking for help, and no one would open the door.
          Blah, blah, blah.

Whatever happened to that story, anyway? It sure died out in a hurry. Maybe the narrative was just too hokey for even the media to be comfortable with? 😀

• ftsk420 says:

The story I heard was she was in her car water level raised up. She was able to get out from her car and when she did she unbuckled the children seat belts. She went to go knock on a door and the kids were swept away.

• Too many different versions out there to know the truth of it now. Just more race baiting as far as I can see from the 15 or so different places that I looked at the story. All but one made race the big issue as to the reason no one would help her instead of it being their being a storm and looters out there.

• nameofthepen says:

ftsk420 says: “The story I heard was…”

Exactly, Ftsk.

So of the 20-something people from Staten Island reported to have perished during the story, why bang on about this particular one?

Playing the race card again? Gosh, the media would never do that! 😈

2. hexx says:

Here on the other side of the Atlantic, Julisonian narrative was also uncritically presented.

Crime news are here generally considered to be low level sensationalist tabloid stuff, so the angle was to present this case as an illustration of America’s strange gun culture and racial tensions.

There was no attempt to find out the actual facts; assuming Zimmerman’s guilt was a fail safe position, because if it turns out to be wrong, one cannot be judged to been racially prejudiced.

A previous case I was was reminded of, was the “Jena Six” debacle. In jena six case, media narrative always contained stupefyingly irrelevant details that had no logical, causal or temporal connection to what really happened.People were happily buying a fairy tale.

IN this Zimmerman case, the incredibly forceful foregrounding of “hoodie/skittles/iced tea” made me suspicious from the start that bullsh1t is being fed.

• ytz4mee says:

The picture of a 12 year old Trayvon was a big tipoff as well. The Scheme Team wouldn’t be so deep in quicksand now if they hadn’t lied about even the most inconsequential minutiae from the beginning.

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

Hexx,
      I cant agree with you more (the way they emphasized his innocence based up0n candy and sugar water when what they were really doing was hiding the pcp like high the cough syrup gave and making it seem like maybe it was just innocuous munchies somone might acquire from smoking herb/weed). weed is harmless , imo, compared to meth/crack/pcp.
      The way they made hay out of small inconsequential stuff (really made me think they were hiding something). later i found out they had a lot of lies they couldnt possibly contain, they they shall try to maintain them.
      I recently read a book about the lessons from duke lacrosse (many of the lessons werent learned at all). This book was written BEFORE crystal gale magnum KILLED her most recent boyfriend (she seems to have gotten better at her viol3nce sicne she mrely tried to kill another boyfriend since the duke lacrosse fiasco). Still some disgusting academic tried to paint the picture that magnum was the victim (since she wasnt believed).
      I believe thyis will get better, but there will be haters who will never admit the totality fo what George and his family have been put through so trayaad and traymom (and their lawyers) can hit the lottery

3. hexx says:

“…the mainspring of narrative is precisely the confusion of consecution and consequence, what comes after being read in narrative as what is caused by; in which case narrative would be a systematic application of the logical fallacy denounced by Scholasticism in the formula post hoc, ergo propter hoc’.”

– Roland Barthes, ‘Structural Analysis of Narratives’, Image – Music – Text, p.94

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy: a logical fallacy ( that states “Since that event followed this one, that event must have been caused by this one.”

consider for instance following “story”

The King married
    The King got ill;
    then the Queen died,
    the King got well

each line can be a true statement and they might have happened in that order, but “unhappy marriage” does not logically follow.

In Jena Six story, year before the six black guys assaulted and kicked white boy unconscious, kids playing cowboys and indians had thrown lassos hanging in a tree: in media narrative it was always suggested that this was a racist tree that had somehow caused this incident, making it understandable and excusable …

And similar bullshit tactics and backwards logic abound in Zimmerman case.

Crump: Trayvon got killed – see, he was fighting for his life!

“Zimmeran is a lier! we know he murdered Trayvon cos he says he’s innocent! If he was innocentl, he would lie that he murdered Trayvon!

etc

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

Among the most key aspects to their logic is that BLACK RACISM IS THE GOOD KIND OF HATE. Thus, any retaliation that either trayvon did ro retaliation by the Jenna six is automatically understood and approved.
      Think of the ‘ole movie, “The Blues Brothers”.
      In the last sequence of the movie, the police dispathcer is heard to say something to the tune of “All violence used in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved.”
      Similarly, all violence that blacks do unto whites has been similarly approved IN ADVANCE as not worthy of their attention (look away, nothing for you to see here, just a young thug in training giving a beat down to a nosy neighborhood watch guy. Oh wait, the neighborhood watch guy didnt take the one minute long or longer beat down and tried to defend himself? Why, that in and of itself is proof of GZ’s racism, since he dared fight back….Everybody knows that young black men have the right to be angry, hateful, and full of rage-the media wouldnt complain and they sure as heck wouldnt report it)

4. Mikado Cat says:

Easy to think this is a simple case, but its more of a cross roads with many paths converging.

Sanford has a bad racist history, and so does Florida, mostly before the 50’s, but it was some of the worst, and maybe, I’m not sure on this point, some of the last of the worst things so events were news beyond the local area.

Florida was the battle zone state for Bush vs Gore.

Florida recently adopted SYG as many other states have, but I think Florida was the most recent.

Florida is a critical state Romney vs Obama.

The Martin family apparently has some strong political connections, maybe one step removed, but known personally by some power players.

The case fit Crumps profile for a racial suit.

Crump is full of political connections.

Anti gun and anti self defense groups jumped on board.

Pro gun and self defense groups didn’t want to touch it with a ten foot pole, and for good reason the media acted like a pack of dogs going after any opposition.

Crump and Julison crafted a perfect lure, it strongly motivated the most extreme pro and con groups, which then fed off each others actions.

The case became instantly bigger than the players, it turned into a conflict of ideologies. Same thing has happened with Obama, people see it not so much I think about Obama the man, as Obama the idea.

• howie says:

Socialism v. Americanism?

• myopiafree says:

To this day – I “wonder” about Julison. It is now obvious that Crump is a sociopath liar – for anyone who follows his conversation with Al Sharpton. But what of Julison. Did Julison, BELIEVE all the lies he published? Did he not know that Trayvon was a 17 year-old tough guy? Why did he accept and publish pictures of a 10 year-old cute kid? Did is feel it is OK to “LIE” to further the “cause” of civil rights. I think eventually Julison is going to be called to testify about his “honor and honesty” in this case. Perhaps he can get away with saying, “… but I thought Crump was telling me the complete truth about this case”.

• Sharon says:

Julison saw money to be made based simply on making use of the lies–whether or not they actually were lies or partial truth was not a significant matter to him. It’s backfiring on him now, but at the front end, I doubt very much whether he based his decision to be involved on whether or not he was convinced it was all true. That’s a secondary issue (at most) in the racialist industry.

• In 2005; Florida was the first State to implement SYG-Law.

• jordan2222 says:

And they did it with an overwhelming majority of a bipartisan legislature including 100 percent of the Senate.

Peace, 70scarrestoguy. I am not opaque, nor am I am a mole and believe I have been vetted here.

We all have our quirks, including you and me but openly criticizing each other for others to see adds nothing to our community.

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

Compared to how the tutsis treat the hutus, we are pretty gosh darn evolved down here.

I disagree with much of what you say as causes why this case got so big so fast, Mikado Cat. I think it got that way because it came out as a race based incident. The point about Florida being the most recent state to pass this law, or similar law is fallacy. The above link states 15 states came after Florida though some articles have stated there were more than 15.that that. I do agree that the media was out of line when opposition appeared and that the Martin/Fultons were politically connected also.

• jordan2222 says:

That link verifies what I have been posing for a long time at others sites and the Progs do NOT believe that the Dems in Florida, for the most part, support the second amendment, SYG laws and conceal carry permits.

“One Democrat, Fort Lauderdale state Sen. Mandy Dawson, missed the vote. But the rest of the Senate chamber supported it, 39-0. The Florida House vote was 92-20.”

Those are significant numbers.

5. Knucklrdraggingwno says:

I too dismissed the case as a simple case of an overzealous neighborhood watchman gone rogue until President Obama made his infamous, “if I had son, he would look like Trayvon. Martin,” comment. I have a profound hatred for Obama not because he is black but because he is the affirmative action President who is in office only because he is a black who was misrepresented to the American people as a moderate, post racial black when in fact his only job qualification for office are the years he spent working as a poverty pimp in Chicago. If you read “Archetects of Ruin,” by Peter Scwietzen, you will discover that Obama was one of the key perpetrators f the mortgage crisis because of his involvement in using racial politics to extort NINJA loans from banks.

Once I started questioning the narrative I found my way here to TCTH where I could find facts. Just the location of the shooting relative to GZ’s truck verses BG’s apartment destroys the “hunted him down like a dog, ” narrative. Everthng else substantiates that TM attacked GZ because GZ became suspiciousandcalled the cops on him. Parks, Crump and Jackson have become so depraved that they actually concede thatnthis is whathappenned but consider GZ to be guilty because he is racist.

I view this case as an opportunity to destroy the race baiting, poverty pimping industrial comlex. We have blacks threatening to riot if Romney wins. We have bob Maher telling Romney supporters that Black people know who we are and will come get us if Obama looses. We have an economy that cannot recover because banks will not resume lending money as lng as they are required to make NINJA loans. GZ’s exoneration and retribution can destroy this racial paradigm.

• howie says:

I had a similar reaction. The minute I saw Al Sharpton arrive I knew what was up.

• jordan2222 says:

I think it’s pretty clear that Crump will not be taking Al’s place… He is not even close to being in the same league and I sense Sharpton has split this scene as has the most “reverend” Jackson.

So Crump has isolated himself as is fit and proper. No insult intended but he is not articulate and I detect no superior intelligence. I am trying to be kind.

6. myopiafree says:

Preston posted this – but it is good to remind ourselves that A. Corey is a DISGRACE. Here are the reasons:
    Virtually anyone in law, or in the Judicial Department, looking at the smashed nose, and busted skull of George – KNEW THIS WAS CAUSED BY A VICIOUS AND VIOLENT ATTACK BY TRAYVON MARTIN.
    Yet, they all denied the truth – THAT THEY SAW WITH THEIR OWN EYES. They quite literally HAD TO LIE TO THEMSELVES. That is the real dis-honesty of Bernie and Corey.
    Corey and Scott – DID THIS TO THEMSELVES!! ALL THEY HAD TO DO – WAS LET NORM CARRY ON WITH THE GRAND JURY. If innocent – then the “Thugs” would have had their riot. But what of it? But no, Corey had to “play the game” and write-up a totally bogus PCA. That is why she is guilty of gross persecution, or malicious prosecution of George Zimmerman. This was EXACTLY the attitude of Nifong that caused the persecution of the Duke Players.

• jordan2222 says:

I do not think any of us here needed to be told by Alan or Mark that “A. Corey is a DISGRACE.”

Speaking of DIS-GRACE, whatever happened to her? I tuned her out long ago. Only a nincompoop could tolerate her BS for a damn hour.

“The devil is dancing tonight”… Oh boy… That might have even cost her some idiotic viewers.

7. rumpole2 says:

Just a thought.
    I have not seen anybody explain a “legitimate” reason WHY it was necessary for the parents of TM to hire a Media Marketing guy (Julison) at all. I guess in litigious USA a lawyer (Crump) is understandable? Though even that seems a bit strange.
    We all know that Julison devised and promoted the false narrative, but what legitimate role might he have played? You only need a marketing guy if you have something to sell.

• diwataman says:

Legitimate reason? Well social justice of course. That’s what the likes of Crump and Julison will tell you, and is probably what they told Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, not too hard to convince them as you can see. But we all know it’s all about the money. Just look back at the Martin Lee Anderson case, you know, that case Julison “helped” Crump with before. I don’t think Crump and Julison thought it would get this far with the Zimmerman case as they got a pretty quick payout from the state in the Anderson to the tune of about $5m, about three months or so into it looks like, keeping in mind the family was seeking $40m. That’s forty million legitimate reasons. I don’t know if there’s been any other payouts since then.

“This was not something he (Anderson) wrote in a journal. This is something that we actually saw. We saw him being murdered on television,” said Frederica Wilson, a state senator from Miami.

As far as I understand Julison is still working on this case, for free for now, until the big payday anyway or when the prospect has dried up, same will go for Crump, if the prospect goes bust Crump is out of there, no more hugs for Sybrina from him. If it’s media related Julison is more than likely behind it, he probably set up the Ricki Lake show.

• rumpole2 says:

Maybe I am naive 🙂
        My thought was that parents mourning the loss of a child, and even, say, the apparent lack of “justice” as nobody had been arrested… I can see lobbying for political intervention and trying to force some LE/judicial action. That I can understand. But the Julison thing was something else… it was a media campaign, aimed at the general public. I guess I can at a pinch understand even that… a way of getting the fact of the case out there… but again the Julison thing went beyond facts.. it was a made up narrative.

• jordan2222 says:

LOL. They WERE selling something.. much like some ocean front property in Arizona.

8. scubachick75 says:

I’ve seen it all now! This “crime analyst & profiler” is so stupid she’s agreeing with the defense and doesn’t even know it.

Is George Zimmerman Racist or Just a Murderer?
    November 04, 2012 06:25 AM EST
    comments: 19
    Remember George Zimmerman? It seems that the media has all but stopped talking about the senseless death of teen Trayvon Martin, especially with the presidential election nearing and so many other tragedies in the news. Nonetheless, this is still an important trial that everyone in the country should be paying attention to—as it may define whether or not some people can get away from murder with these “stand your ground” laws. The latest update in this case (and the updates are becoming fewer and farther between) comes with some delightful news.

There will be no gag order in this trial. Zimmerman and his defense had requested one, and the judge presiding over the case has rejected this request. Judge Debra Nelson said that there is no reason to instate a gag order and that this wouldn’t affect whether or not the 29-year-old will get a fair trial.

It seems rather pointless to ask for a gag order anyway, seeing as though the public knows many of the details in this case. The public is well aware of plenty—in particular the massive amount of money George Zimmerman has pandered from his so-called supporters, many of which only support him out of twisted political views and bigoted ideology. While the so-called “liberal media” immediately wanted to know whether this case was racially fueled or not, there were plenty in the public (and in other media outlets) politicizing this tragic murder case to suit their own agendas. All the way around, this case has been very high profile. It’s too late for a gag order, unless Zimmerman is worried about some more evidence that may just make him look less-than-upstanding.

The brother of the accused child murderer spoke to the media again recently, as he’s been known to do, and he wants you to know his family isn’t racist. Really though, it seems that at this point, people would get over the racial issue in this case and simply look at the fact that this boils down to a grown man shooting a juvenile—a teenager. It’s bad enough without race baiting—even though there do appear to be some racial elements in this case.

Did Trayvon Martin die in vain?

Probably not. This high profile case cast a light over the “stand your ground” laws in the country; not just Florida. A lot of attention has been given to these laws because of this case, and that may affect whether or not these laws exist in the future. With more people aware of the “stand your ground” laws, more people might be willing to change them. Trayvon Martin didn’t deserve to die, and his death may never be given justice—even if Zimmerman is convicted. But the future could be changed thanks to the attention Trayon’s case garnered. Photo: Philadelphia Sun

Crime analyst & profiler Chelsea Hoffman can be found on Huffington Post or Chelsea Hoffman: Case to Case. You can follow her on Twitter @TheRealChelseaH or contact her via her personal blog. Fan the Facebook page for updates on missing persons

• rumpole2 says:

I commented on this in yesterday’s thread:

It’s tempting to say “unbelievable!”
      But it’s not. It is actually very common to see erroneous information in “news” reports (even supposedly MSM). Some of it may be the result of lazy people not being aware of the facts.. but that IGNORANCE is clearly wilful.. it’s not hard to find information on the Gag order and the hearing. I do suspect a lot of it is far more sinister… lying to push an agenda.

• James F says:

Is George Zimmerman Racist or Just a Murderer?

How about neither? Never was a racist and innocent of murder until proven guilty. This ‘author’ is a typical Huffington Post contributor.

When it comes to defending themselves against allegations of racism, the Zimmerman’s should just ‘get over’ the issue of racism according to these idiots. But even after saying that we should have gotten over the racism angle by now, this idiot still maintains “there do appear to be some racial elements in this case.” Do these morons even bother reading their own hypocritical nonsense before publishing?

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

This is why GZ needs to be filing lawsuits against all of the journalists who have defamed him.

• myopiafree says:

Hi Kunckle – I AGREE. This problem needs to be fixed. The only way is for success with that SYG hearing. Once that is accomplished, then George can go after these people (and the publishers) for the libel and slander of George that they are involved with.

• myopiafree says:

Hi Scuba – I find it hard to believe that Chelsea can be so 1) Stupid 2) Ignorant 3) Liberal? 4) Blind to the facts. 5) Failure to do ANY research 6) Incredibly BIASED !!
      She should read the “TreeHouse” – but she would probably pass-out from the SHOCK. This is indeed Crump’s “core group” (of “white guilt”) that Julison “plays too”. I got to admit (that in and evil way) Julison is successful. That is the worst part of this story.

• rumpole2 says:

I imagine Chelsea’s “articles” are referenced at JQ? Or maybe it’s worse that that… Chelseay gets her information FROM JQ… 😮

I wonder which one of the gossiping old dears she is 😀

• scubachick75 says:

She calls herself a crime analyst and profiler…lol! I guess it’s true that you can be anything you want on the internet. Poor Chelsea. It must suck to be that stupid.

• Cupcake says:

So… is this blogger stating that this most recent request for a gag order was requested by the Zimmerman and the defense? Bit wasn’t it requested by the state??

• jello333 says:

Absolutely, requested by the State. And I’m not sure if the misstatement in the article was intentional or not…. but it’s almost scarier if it wasn’t. And… uh… Cupcake?! Is this Sybrina? 😉

• Cupcake says:

LOL! No way…..I was “Cupcake” before that came out! I read this site daily but lurk, so you don’t see many posts from me!

Yes — very scary if she just assumed that the gag order was requested by the defense, I mean did she even see any of the testimony or bother to read the motions and then spins it to imply that George has something to hide? Typical!

• It is also strange (sarc) that she can’t get it straight. It was the state looking for the gag order NOT the defense.

9. justfactsplz says:

I know that many of you pray for George and his family every day. Today I would like to as for special concentrated prayers for George and his well being. Please pray for his physical, mental, and emotional well being. This is really important. George, God his with you and will bring you safely out of all of this. You have tons of people who support you and we love you. I have my reasons for asking this so please bombard heaven with your prayers for George.

• Sha says:

justfactsplz: I will continue to send up lot’s of prayers for him and his family. But I will also send some for you and jordan2222. This part is for George stay strong hold your head up because this to shall pass. I have been in some of the darkest places in my life when I was younger , I didn’t won’t to live. I thought dying had to be easier. I was wrong. God gave me a wonderful family and he has given you one to. You haven’t even begun to live yet but you will. All these things that we don’t understand happen for a reason. It’s not for us to know why. I decided along time ago I make me happy. Every Birthday I buy me a cake and celebrate my life. I decided to live not die….YOU need to decide to live not lay down and die. YOU have the strength in you to defeat all evil sent your way. (With the faith of a mustard seed ) thats all you need. One day soon this will all be just a painful part of your life that you will have to put behind you. God Bless….

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you Sha for your prayers for all. When I think of George I think of my own children. Mothers know certain things. My heart breaks for him through these trying times.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, as I’ve said before, I have two sons just a little older than George. Neither are very big. And they’re both caring, mild-mannered (for the most part 😉 ), just overall nice guys. And other than having a gun (I don’t think either of them would carry one), I can EASILY seeing them winding up in a horrible situation like George did. The thought of either of them lying there scared to death, screaming, and begging for help while being beaten is… well, it’s part of the reason I have such empathy and feelings for George.

• kathyca says:

I’m sorry to hear that extra support is needed. With all of the positive things that have happened in the case recently, I would like to have thought that George was heartened. Maybe it’s something not directly related to his case?

Regardless, George has my complete support now and until this horrible miscarriage of justice is rectified. From the beginning, I’ve said over and over for George to take heart at the thought that the majority of reputable legal community, if not the general public, has always seen this as an immunity case or, if not, definitely an acquittal or hung jury. And that was before all the more recent positive developments and the media toning down their hype quite a bit. Now, more members of the general public are beginning to see the truth. And, more importantly, the judge is, too. I have a strong belief that justice will prevail here and that George and Shellie will be compensated for the horror they’ve endured. And while I know that financial compensation can’t restore the status quo ante, the umbrella drinks paid for by the likes of Crump/Jackson/Julison and the MSM will make it just a little bit easier 🙂 Hang in there George. It’ll all be okay in the end. As someone posted a while ago, if they were selling shares in the outcome of this case and the civil suits to follow by George, I’d be buyin’ em!

• Sharon says:

When a person is totally depleted, “good news” cannot have an immediate lifting effect. The cause and effect connection in their spirits and emotional response is no longer functional. Even if all charges were dismissed tomorrow, George and Shellie have a very long road to personal recovery.

This is why I’ve felt a reticence about the cheering for how George could use civil lawsuit money to buy and island or build a mansion. That’s not his need nor, I suspect, his desire at this point.

If all charges are removed and ten million dollars laid at his doorstep by Wednesday, I’m guessing his desperate need is simply to buy, perhaps a 6 bedroom well built house with a large yard, with room for all the family to come and go with safety and comfort for daily needs. Buy a bunch of yard tools, and perhaps some gardening books on fruit trees and vegetables. He might not do anything with any of it for a year, but then one day he might turn to page 72, glance over the different methods of pruning and decide to give it a shot. In the meantime, his great peace would rest in being able to quietly eat breakfast, maybe go for a drive in the country or take his mom to a doctor’s appointment and then have lunch with her at a Denny’s.

There is absolutely no reason to assume that George has the emotional energy to “rise up and rejoice” at even semi-significant events at this point.

Been there. Sometimes my words are too rigid–I don’t meant to bop anyone on the head who is expressing that desire–for him to be happy–but I feel a protectiveness for him. His resiliency is shot, folks. Completely shot. He can’t trust anyone or any event at this point. And if all the charges were suddenly dropped, there would be a whole new set of vulnerabilities on exactly this point….because then he would really have an onslaught of “Well, George, aren’t you thrilled? Aren’t you happy? Aren’t you excited?”

I hope he would have enough support from those closest to him to simply stop answering the door. He doesn’t owe his supporters any certain responses for any certain events. He is completely depleted,.

• kathyca says:

I do know what you mean, Sharon. I was thinking more along the lines of recent developments giving him some hope or at least some reason not to become even more destroyed than he already is — and rightfully and understandably so. I didn’t mean that it should all of a sudden make any of this go away for him. On other hand, I, too, have had some tumultuous life experiences and, in my experience, some positive developments in an otherwise constant barrage of negative ones have helped me keep moving forward day-to-day. That’s what I was hoping and meaning. That he took a little hope away from the recent turn of events.

And I’m totally making light with respect to the money and the island. Perhaps in bad taste. Like you, I have no doubt that’s not George’s goal, and it wouldn’t be mine either. Although I do like the picture in my head of George and Shellie sitting on a beach somewhere happily and peacefully watching the sunset over the ocean as they try to recover from this as a couple. If they happen to have umbrella drinks, so much the better 🙂 (I think of that Corona commercial with the people chucking their cell phones into the sea)

Hold on George. The end is in sight and you just need to hang on until it gets here.
          It will be okay in the end…I firmly believe that.

• Sharon says:

Understood. And I take you understood my concern as well. 🙂

• kathyca says:

Of course. That’s why I replied. I would never want to say anything that George might see and which could have any negative impact on him whatsoever. I’m hoping that hasn’t happened and, if it has, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. George has nothing but my unmitigated support. And if I’ve expressed it in a way that is less than helpful or, god forbid, hurtful, I am deeply sorry. I appreciate your insight and perspective. No two people are the same and I’m not always the most sensitive person — mostly because of my personality, not because of what’s in my heart.

• Sharon says:

Your heart is apparent, kathyca! 🙂 no worries on that account. My personality and way of expressing myself causes my own problems….this business of conversation and community without the face-to-face aspect is dicey sometimes, but very good at the same time. You’re a genuine blessing in so many ways, and don’t ever doubt it. I meant no harsh corrective to any one individual. Not at all. Just had to speak my own heart, more than anything.

• jordan2222 says:

You know, Sharon, for being only 40, you are pretty damn wise.

😀

• jello333 says:

I just hope that he knows how people here (and similar sites) feel about him. Not that that can make up for all the hatred out there, and it’s of course not the same as having family and friends show their support, but I hope we make him feel at least a LITTLE BIT better. Knowing that there are people (like us) who care about him, even though we’ve never met him, and even though we’ve got nothing to gain by our support… I hope that lifts his spirits just a bit.

And yeah, your point about the island and the mansion is well-taken. I’ve talked about that myself, but it was more of a joke than anything else. Of course right now, I’m sure George isn’t even THINKING about the possible windfall that should come his way when this is all over. My point was always in regards to security (“private island”) on the one hand, plus the realization that any financial rewards that come George and his family’s way will be at the EXPENSE of those who have tortured him. And I know this isn’t on George’s mind right now, but I can’t help it if a little bit of VENGEANCE is on mine. (No, I’m probably not as good a person as George is, in that regard.)

• justfactsplz says:

Both George and his family know how much Treepers care about them. All of the research, uplifting talk, and the search for the truth that this site does, does not go unnoticed by them.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you Sharon, your insight is spot on. I am grateful George has so many who support him in so many ways. I have faith that justice will be done and that God will heal George of all the hurt he has endured.

• thefirstab says:

Justfacts – Every day, I think of George and Shellie’s living nightmare. I’m more of a closet Christian, maybe some of you know what i mean. But I am sending positive vibes, energy, and prayers for both of them and their family.
      I am originally from Florida, and am old enough to have seen the fight for SYG come to fruition. I have had friends and relatives of all ages beaten, robbed, mugged and brutalized with no means or resources to protect themselves. Several were elderly, and SYG specifically gives those less robust citizens a fighting chance to defend themselves, whether in their home or on the street.
      God and Peace be with you, George and Shellie. There, but for the Grace of God, go I (or anyone else, of any race, for that matter).

• howie says:

Just think. They are so far only suffering through a wrongful prosecution. I hope it ends soon. Many are suffering through wrongful convictions with life or very long prison sentences. Another nightmare. Many of these are black people. The scheme team hurts their cause.

• thefirstab says:

You’re right, howie. I pray for them too, and see your point. True Justice is colorblind, and should have no other agenda. It pains me that it does in many cases.

• justfactsplz says:

You are right, this terrible nightmare could have happened to anyone.

• LandauMurphyFan says:

I saw this post earlier in the day, George, and I’ve been praying for you at intervals ever since. You’ve been a part of my prayers for many months now. I pray that God will strengthen you physically, mentally, and emotionally. May the Lord make you fully aware of the strength of His love for you and the depth of His power that is ranged behind you. There is an Enemy who seeks to destroy you, but there are angels all around you, George, and the battle WILL be won.

• Cupcake says:

justfactsplz: Please let him know that there are many people who care and believe in him. Praying for George!!

• justfactsplz says:

I do not have any contact with George directly. I will pass it on to those who do. His family reads here and probably will see all of your support for him. Thank you for your prayers for him and his family. George remains in hiding for safety reasons and understandably so.

10. ytz4mee says:

If you want to post articles verbatim but not link to their source, I will remove your posts.

Speaking of “can’t help but “wonder”, I “wonder” why one of our most prolific sock puppets finds it important to post old commentary on a case that has evolved significantly since March of 2012. What is so earth-shaking in your postings? That people regretted the tragedy? It is regrettable that Trayvon Martin didn’t have the love, support and parenting that would have prevented this tragic incident from occurring, and it’s certainly tragic that his death has been co-opted for economic gain and political capital in one of the far left’s most precious goals – the disarming of a free people.

Surprising, since I would think that you would have enough to keep you busy in your hometown of Winnipeg fighting bigotry and systemic racism. There is an embarrassing track record there of bigotry and race-based profiling ending in violence against Winnipeg’s not insubstantial population of First Nations and Metis peoples. But I don’t see Americans trying to overrun your blogs with their “concerns’ about your alleged institutional racism. However, the Canadian comedic line, “What do you think – I’m from Winnipeg?” is certainly apropos here.

Fix your own glass house before you throw stones. Liberals are the most offensive hypocrites of all, where ever they live.

ytz4mee

To whom are you directing your posts?

😀

• ytz4mee says:

Well, since you’re not from Winnipeg, clearly it wasn’t directed at you. 🙂
        My comments were directed at our resident not-too-clever sockpuppet presenting herself today as commenter “grahase” while trying to desperately spam the thread.
        Since she didn’t post links as required, I deleted her crap. Unfortunately, I also inadvertently deleted the diatribe my comments were in response to.
        Oh well.

• jordan2222 says:

OK , I was only curious and you well know I always ask when in doubt, even if it does piss someone off.

I refuse to be confused with trolls or moles ever again.

😀

• ytz4mee says:

Well, as you have witnessed, the surest way to be shown the door is to be rude to the hostesses here. This blog is a labor of love and a serious time commitment, and commenters who want to be rude and obnoxious to those who freshen drinks and serve the canapes will no longer be viewed as our welcomed guests but insufferable party crashers and will be forced to leave.

• Sharon says:

What ytz said…. those of us who spend ridiculous amounts of personal time sustaining this particular Tree do it for a bunch of peeps who enjoy good conversation. Anybody drops in–we take ’em at face value at first approach–but then if it turns they’re not interested in good conversation….oh, well!

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

LOL…..I think I was in the cheap limbs cuz all they was serving back heya is dunking donuts (yeah, I have been shown the door in some pretty nice establishments on the internet, but I am gettign better about holding my liquor and my tongue)

• pet says:

pwned!!!!!

And that is an embarassing thing for the perp in question since I am technically a senior citizen piling on the interwebs with a pwned reference. ( Electric Typewriters changed the world!!!!!!)

It’s almost like your IP address matters.

11. arkansasmimi says:

Hoping all of my fellow Treepers are doing well. I have been catching up on some of my Autumn Chores 🙂 Off to catch up! Dont forget to go vote!!!

12. janc1955 says:

I’d like President Obama to know that If I had a son, he would’ve looked just like Ty Woods. Or Glen Doherty.

13. grahase says:

I see you have removed my posts. I posted them because there are some on this blog who seem to have taken offense to the President’s comments made with regard to this case. My post was intended to illustrate that the President was NOT the only political party commenting on the case.

Since I was asked for the source and because I find it hard to believe that this source is required given the research made on the site, These comments were made in a very public televised forum: Here is the link for those who may be interested:

• howie says:

They want to avoid the race card before the election.

• hooson1st says:

Source requirement is a common sense principle. It is a self-correcting filter against spam quotes etc. Otherwise you will have trolls invading sites and leaving false quotes and causing mayhem. By posting the source with your quote, you allow for the internet to do its natural feedback function quickly and efficiently.